PDA

View Full Version : NPC Paladin Help!

Elvencloud
2010-10-13, 10:00 PM
So I am running my first game that for once (in many parties) that the party likes a paladin. A little help is needed for her direction, but she's got some interesting character decisions so far.
She's a level six elf pali with these stats-
Str 14
Dex-20
Con 16 (after a magic item)
Int-12
Wis 15
Cha 16
My point went into strength, and I'm playing her mostly with her weapon finesse allowing her to hit regularly, and she smites to make up for some low damage.
I am not sure where she wants to go character wise, so some PrC's and equipment ideas would be nice.
(as a side note, they're about to help her on her quest for a holy mount- redeeming a nightmare!! :D )

blackjack217
2010-10-13, 10:08 PM
Dashing swordsman Cha to hit and damage. Plus its a wisecracking paladin, you need to fudge alignment requirements but it is hilarious and effective.

Marnath
2010-10-13, 10:10 PM
Dashing swordsman Cha to hit and damage. Plus its a wisecracking paladin, you need to fudge alignment requirements but it is hilarious and effective.

That's not a real PrC....

blackjack217
2010-10-13, 10:16 PM
That's not a real PrC....

check wiki

Marnath
2010-10-13, 10:24 PM
check wiki

You do know thats homebrew right? It's not an actual published class, so the OP's DM might not allow it based on the fact that homebrew stuff is almost never balanced.

Kylarra
2010-10-13, 10:26 PM
You do know thats homebrew right? It's not an actual published class, so the OP's DM might not allow it based on the fact that homebrew stuff is almost never balanced.The OP is the DM.:smalltongue:

Marnath
2010-10-13, 10:28 PM
The OP is the DM.:smalltongue:

And I'm tired. :smallsigh:
Still, I recommend against using that PrC anyway, since it doesn't really fit the standard paladin's outlook.

blackjack217
2010-10-13, 10:31 PM
Still, I recommend against using that PrC anyway, since it doesn't really fit the standard paladin's outlook.

why do you think I suggested it?

Ajadea
2010-10-13, 10:33 PM
Champion of Corellon Larethian, from RotW. 2 levels ups your Lay on Hands, gives you a bonus feat, and lets you add Dex to Damage.

Elvencloud
2010-10-13, 10:36 PM

I agree, although the class was a fun read.
I'm kinda looking for two things- Allowing retraining (Psychic reformation), I was curious first for a weapon choice (right now I essentially am using a rapier), armor (I have elven chain, but I'm not sure if that's the best choice), and a flavorful Prc.

Is the champion of CL class from races of the wild? EDIT: I just read the ROTW. Sorry.

Marnath
2010-10-13, 10:36 PM
Champion of Corellon Larethian, from RotW. 2 levels ups your Lay on Hands, gives you a bonus feat, and lets you add Dex to Damage.

Sounds good. I endorse this suggestion too. :smallsmile:

Scow2
2010-10-13, 11:30 PM
Use Pathfinder's Paladin. Even if you don't use the other rules from that system, it's abilities are compatible with 3.5

cZak
2010-10-14, 12:06 AM
Requires some fudging of prereq's, but something rolling around my head for awhile now...

Divine bard -> Prestige Paladin -> Champ of CL

Pickup feat allowing Bard music while fighting
with tumble, perform, sleights-o-hand, et al you have your Dashing Swordsman:smallsmile:

Elvencloud
2010-10-14, 12:25 AM
Are there rules against worshipping a chaotic good god for paladinship? or would I have to go paladin of freedom?
The races of the wild Champion of CL is really, really good. I might take a couple levels and then go back to paladin... because the party has no cleric, and I'm mildly the healer, not to mention I like the mount thing in paladin.
But then again... I think the champion has just better abilities.