PDA

View Full Version : 100 kobolds

Radiun
2010-10-13, 11:05 PM
So my Kobold sorceror has arranged to buy 100 kobold slaves (freeing his people and such), but I don't know what to do with them.
Should I set them free?
Should I declare myself their leader?
Should I present them to a dragon?
Any ideas?

dgnslyr
2010-10-13, 11:13 PM
Establish the Elemental Plane of Kobolds.
Expect a Fighter 20 to come in and challenge your featureless plane of endless kobolds. Legends will be told of his fight and his eventual defeat, with a mountain of corpses that dwarfs Mt. Everest.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-13, 11:21 PM
Shouldn't you find out what level the Kobold's at first before suggesting that? He might not be powerful enough to create a demiplane.

A more reasonable (and more badass, in my opinion) idea might be to establish the world's first kobold kingdom. You might start out a small city-state, but who knows? In time kobolds may become the rulers of the next great empire of the world!

Flickerdart
2010-10-13, 11:25 PM
Nobody said anything about a demiplane.

That thread was awesome, though.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-13, 11:30 PM
I know, but that's generally where you have to start. A demiplane's the only kind of plane a mere mortal can create on their own. You'd have to become a god somehow if you wanted to make something bigger.

Andraste
2010-10-14, 12:10 AM
Build a kobold town with you as their leader.

dgnslyr
2010-10-14, 01:21 AM

Yes, yes it was.
I can't seem to find it, though. You wouldn't happen to have a link to it, would you? Never mind, I found it.

chiasaur11
2010-10-14, 01:24 AM
Build a dungeon.

Fill it with traps.

Set up a way around the traps.

Have a fortified city means you get a nice bargaining position when you're making deals with the wider world.

And you will be making deals. You have to, if you want to survive in an adventurer-heavy society.

Gabe the Bard
2010-10-14, 01:31 AM
You could establish a new cult that worships your familiar. Have the 100 worshippers bow down before your weasel.

Ormur
2010-10-14, 01:54 AM
Depends on alignment.

Good: free them and offer them to follow you in >insert cause<

Evil: Make them build traps for, venerate you as a god or find some other creative way to maximise their worth.

Sinfonian
2010-10-14, 02:24 AM

Anyone by chance remember how high the numbers were getting? I seem to recall seeing 40,000 at some point before I stopped following.

Regarding the thread at hand, I think it depends highly on the personality of your particular kobold. I honestly think the poster above me got it pretty much right.