PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the User CP

The Bushranger
2010-10-14, 12:49 PM
I might be losing my mind (it's a small loss :smalltongue:), but I thought the User CP 'auto-refreshed', as it were, whenever you clicked on a subscribed thread, so that when you went back to it the subscribed thread wasn't visible anymore. But last night and today (on two different computers) it's not doing that, I have to manually refresh.

Is this something different, or am I just getting old and losing the little grey cells?

happyturtle
2010-10-14, 01:41 PM
If you go back to it using the 'back' button, it usually doesn't refresh, but if you return by clicking the 'user cp' link on the page header, then it usually does. Might want to check your browser settings though, as I think that's what decides whether to refresh, rather than the server.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-14, 01:54 PM
If you read the last new post I believe IE auto-refreshes when you click the back button (but that may not be true, I rarely use it).

Chrome at least doesn't refresh if you use the back button.

Zeb The Troll
2010-10-15, 12:52 AM
If you read the last new post I believe IE auto-refreshes when you click the back button (but that may not be true, I rarely use it).I use IE the majority of the time and this is not the case. My experience is what happyturtle describes. If I hit the "back" button, it just goes back to whatever was there before. But if I use the "UserCP" link at the top or just F5 refresh, it updates as expected.

The Bushranger
2010-10-15, 12:55 AM
Odd. I could have sworn that when I hit back the read threads weren't there by themselves...

Guess I'm just losing my mind.
'Tis a small loss.
:smalltongue:

Thanks.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-15, 05:06 AM
I use IE the majority of the time and this is not the case. My experience is what happyturtle describes. If I hit the "back" button, it just goes back to whatever was there before. But if I use the "UserCP" link at the top or just F5 refresh, it updates as expected.

Huh. I was sure it was IE, maybe it's just somehing about my Uni's computers that does it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-15, 05:20 AM
Huh. I was sure it was IE, maybe it's just somehing about my Uni's computers that does it.
It depends on the browser’s cache settings. If the browser checks the page on the server everytime, it’ll refresh it any time there’s been a change. If not, there will be times it doesn’t refresh.

Drolyt
2010-10-31, 04:16 PM
Odd. I could have sworn that when I hit back the read threads weren't there by themselves...

Guess I'm just losing my mind.
'Tis a small loss.
:smalltongue:

Thanks.
Depending on which browser you use, you can tell it not to cache websites, so it will always load the entire page. This will use more bandwidth, but I think it would make it so that when you hit the back button it would reload the page as well.