PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Reducing Arcane Spell Failure

Drakevarg
2010-10-14, 03:32 PM
What ways are there to reduce Arcane Spell Failure chance besides Mithril or a dip in Warmage?

Marnath
2010-10-14, 03:33 PM
Twilight armor enhancement, feycraft/githcraft armors and Bard, off the top of my head.

*Edit: And the spellsword PrC.

Drakevarg
2010-10-14, 03:35 PM
I was hoping for a feat or something, but whatever. I realized about two seconds after posting this that Wizards aren't proficient with armor anyway. :smallannoyed: Ah well, I'll just use Bracers of Armor.

PersonMan
2010-10-14, 03:35 PM
Warmage(and the other light-armor-OK casters) casting in armor only works with spells from that class. If you dip Warmage, all your spells other than the Warmage ones are still taking normal ASF.

Battle Caster helps once you get light armor casting.

Gavinfoxx
2010-10-14, 03:37 PM
Even if you aren't proficient in armor, if your armor has a 0% asf and a -0 armor check penalty, you can wear it without failure.

And there are a large number of ways other than mithral to get armor able to do this!

kladams707
2010-10-14, 03:44 PM
A dip into spellthief (Complete Adventurer) + Master Spellthief (feat from Complete Scoundrel).

lsfreak
2010-10-14, 03:48 PM
I was hoping for a feat or something, but whatever. I realized about two seconds after posting this that Wizards aren't proficient with armor anyway. :smallannoyed: Ah well, I'll just use Bracers of Armor.

Being proficient doesn't matter once you've removed ASF and gotten rid of ACP. Mithril twilight nimble githcraft/feycraft breastplate costs roughly 14500gp for a +6 armor bonus and zero ASF/ACP. If you don't make use of attack rolls, you can drop the nimble, putting the price at 9500gp. Compare that with +6 bracers of armor, which cost 36000gp. If you just want basic armor, mithril twilight chainmail is a mere 5000gp for +5, zero ASF/ACP.