PDA

View Full Version : 4e Opinions on the Thri-Kreen

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:14 PM
I just got a copy of th 4e Dark Sun campaing setting and I immediatly went to see how did one of my favorite races fared in the edition shift.

While I play 4e I am not as versed on it as many other posters here, so can anybody who is well versed in 4e please tell me its opinion on it?

Now my own opinions, at a glance they seem extremely well suited to play my favorie classes (Ranger and Avengers) as their stat modifiers fit extremely well with the primary attribute of those classes. Also the multiatack power seems to mesh well with both classes DPR role.

mobdrazhar
2010-10-14, 06:40 PM
they make very good strikers (especially rangers) firstly with thier multi-attack and also their free draw ability.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:44 PM
Yeah,...I half wish I didn't have to start my university entrance course, because now I won't be able to play anymor...:smallfrown:

mobdrazhar
2010-10-14, 06:52 PM
Yeah,...I half wish I didn't have to start my university entrance course, because now I won't be able to play anymor...:smallfrown:

i'm sure you'll find someone to play with. failing that there is always PbP :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-14, 06:54 PM
The problem is not that I don't have people to play 4e with, the problem is that we normally meet the same days at the same hour I have to take my course,

Either way the 5th post and already off-topic...that is a personal record-:smalltongue:

Now to try to get this back on-topic.

What do you thing os the best class for a mantis man?

mobdrazhar
2010-10-14, 07:52 PM
well i was thinking of making a ranger with Thri-Kreen and taking the nomad theme on him as well. would probably work well for any character that swaps implements a lot too

cdrcjsn
2010-10-14, 07:53 PM
Artificer.

Then you can gross out your party by refluffing the various infusions and spell effects as bio-weapons that you squirt at bad guys (or at party members to heal them).

Winter_Wolf
2010-10-14, 08:55 PM
Pretty much every edition had thri-kreen and ranger as a natural match up, in my mind. If you had the Expanded Psionics Handbook for 3.5 they tried to make psychic warriors out of kreen, but they'll always be rangers first and foremost.

Then again I may be biased, since thri kreen and rangers are two of my favorites.

RebelRogue
2010-10-14, 09:50 PM
Artificer.

Then you can gross out your party by refluffing the various infusions and spell effects as bio-weapons that you squirt at bad guys (or at party members to heal them).
Sounds a lot like Mr. Jinx from Starslip (Crisis) :smallbiggrin:

Kurald Galain
2010-10-15, 03:19 AM
While I play 4e I am not as versed on it as many other posters here, so can anybody who is well versed in 4e please tell me its opinion on it?
In terms of crunch, I find they don't really feel like a big insect, but simply like yet another humanoid. This may be good or bad, depending on your POV.

Their racial attack power is great for fighters (since it marks), decent for melee strikers (since it doesn't do that much damage, but every bit helps) and mostly irrelevant for everybody else.

Their free action item swapping is good for anyone who likes implement juggling, particularly wizards; although this item is also easily obtained from an item or feat if your eally want it.

Their jumping ability is fun but not frequently relevant (and it's not hard in most cases to get a running start anyway).

ghost_warlock
2010-10-16, 02:38 AM
Their racial attack power is great for fighters (since it marks), decent for melee strikers (since it doesn't do that much damage, but every bit helps) and mostly irrelevant for everybody else.

On the plus side, it's a minor action so you can use it and still use your standard to dish out some hurt or what-have-you.

Twin Strike + thri-kreen racial + Off-hand Strike for multi-attack yumminess. :smalltongue:

LibraryOgre
2010-10-16, 11:30 AM
They look so wrong without abdomens...