PDA

View Full Version : anthropomorphic template?

Kilmrak
2010-10-14, 06:31 PM
One of my friends wants to play as an anthropomorphic weasel that used to be the familiar of her wizard that died in my last campaign and I was wondering if there was a template for it.
If there isn't no big deal I'll just make up stats for it but if any of you playgrounders happen to know of one please tell me where to find it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dr Bwaa
2010-10-14, 06:34 PM
There is a template (well, template-group) in Savage Species, but...
http://bit.ly/aJVXjI

All the Anthro animals in there are grossly (and I mean really, really grossly) over- or under-powered. Honestly I think you're probably much better off homebrewing it.

Thurbane
2010-10-14, 06:37 PM
There's also the Bipedal template in the Advanced Bestiary by Green Ronin Publishing...

Rappy
2010-10-14, 06:57 PM
There's also the Bipedal template in the Advanced Bestiary by Green Ronin Publishing...
Bipedal doesn't increase Intelligence. The Manimal template from the same book does, however...although it has a Level Adjustment of "eh, guess for yourself".

Beelzebub1111
2010-10-14, 07:07 PM
How about the Hengeyoukai from Oriental Adventures?

dsmiles
2010-10-14, 07:08 PM
There is a template (well, template-group) in Savage Species, but...

All the Anthro animals in there are grossly (and I mean really, really grossly) over- or under-powered. Honestly I think you're probably much better off homebrewing it.

Yes. Specifically the Small-sized ones as overpowered, IIRC.

Greenish
2010-10-14, 07:34 PM
Yes. Specifically the Small-sized ones as overpowered, IIRC.Well, they all sport sizable penalties to strength, lesser ones to cha, and some boosts for wis and/or dex.

Weasel was -4 Str +2 Dex +4 Wis -4 Cha, for example.

DracoDei
2010-10-14, 08:13 PM
If you don't feel up to doing it yourself, there is a thread for requesting homebrews in the homebrew forum.

I will go ahead and make a few comments here...
I would make sure he keeps the Attach ability.

What size does he want to be?

Wisdom bonuses don't make any sense to me.

dgnslyr
2010-10-14, 08:20 PM
My interpretation is that Wisdom represents your awareness of your surroundings (Spot/Listen) and your understanding of things books can't teach you. I guess the keen-nosed, keen-eared weasel definitely has a lot of the former, so I can see how it qualifies for a WIS bonus.

Thurbane
2010-10-14, 08:28 PM
Bipedal doesn't increase Intelligence. The Manimal template from the same book does, however...although it has a Level Adjustment of "eh, guess for yourself".
True, but if the weasel was allowed to keep it's INT from being a familiar...

Kilmrak
2010-10-14, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the help, I looked it up and I think i am just going to give her a +2 Dex and Int(because she was a wizards familiar) and -2 Con and Str. Make her small size and keep attach.
I think no LA
that sound good to you?

Roga
2010-10-15, 12:40 AM
An alternative I use in my games is the Tibbit race from Dragon Compendium. Instead of being limited to Cat however, I say they they choose their animal form off the Wizard familiar list. They don't have a hybrid form, so I'm not sure this is what you're looking for.

UserClone
2010-10-15, 11:08 PM
Actually the hybrid form of the Weasel Hengeyokai seems pretty perfect for this.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-16, 03:35 AM
Haven't seen it played so I can't speak for how good it is, but the Monster Classes thread from the Homebrew Forum does have an Anthropomorphic Animal template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9187907&postcount=1413).

kestrel404
2010-10-16, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the help, I looked it up and I think i am just going to give her a +2 Dex and Int(because she was a wizards familiar) and -2 Con and Str. Make her small size and keep attach.
I think no LA
that sound good to you?

That sounds perfect to me. Give him a couple of claw attacks (1d4 for small), scent and a handful of 1/day cantrips (from being a familiar) and you've got a viable race. Say, detect magic, mage hand and prestedigitation, all CL=HD, 1/day each. Racial bonuses (+2) to hide, escape artist, and tumble as well, if you're feeling generous.

Kilmrak
2010-10-16, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the link Kobald-Bard I will have to show it to my player but I dont think she will like it. She is looking for a strait up template not one that advances.

Kilmrak
2010-10-16, 09:10 AM
That sounds perfect to me. Give him a couple of claw attacks (1d4 for small), scent and a handful of 1/day cantrips (from being a familiar) and you've got a viable race. Say, detect magic, mage hand and prestedigitation, all CL=HD, 1/day each. Racial bonuses (+2) to hide, escape artist, and tumble as well, if you're feeling generous.

I am going with this, I think she will love this idea, thanks for all the feedback folks.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-16, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the link Kobald-Bard I will have to show it to my player but I dont think she will like it. She is looking for a strait up template not one that advances.

You don't have to take all the levels if you don't want, it's a class afterall.

Though I can understand that view.

true_shinken
2010-10-16, 09:33 AM
Just use weasel hengeyokai and be done with it.