PDA

View Full Version : Dark Corners of the Planes (KH/Planescape IC)

appending_doom
2010-10-14, 07:10 PM
Sigil is eerily quiet, populated by hushed crowds of every race and species packed together in worried knots, and all carrying lanterns, or lights, or eternal flames. It's clear that the rumors of Karasuthra have spread, and no one is willing to let their safety to chance. And people are looking askance at the shadows, as if worried that they contain something dreadful.

Which they do.

The flow of energy dims as you approach the Clerk's Ward. People are less anxious, and the streets, more well-lit. And near the Civic Festhall, where the Sensates, despite the ban on recruiting and philosophising, still maintain their library and museum, there is a large white building sculpted in curved, sharp edges.

This building attracts the greatest crowds, ones that look suspiciously like a mass or religious gathering. A figure in a concealing, diaphanous robe stands before them. The creature's robe glows with a pale white light.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-14, 07:23 PM
Standing on the roof of a nearby building, Tyng watches the robed creature, listening to see if it's about to give a speech.

DukeGod
2010-10-14, 09:06 PM
Leslat comes from the shadows,somewhat ominously.While most were not paying attention,the ones who were probably had nothing to fear.He was in the end just another human.Looking at the figure in white,and wondering who was it,he finds a nearby wall and leaning on it,he keeps looking at the figure with arms crossed.Recently arrived in Sigil,he had nothing to say to people,but would like to listen

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-15, 08:37 AM
The black-cloaked Xaneth remains hidden within the shadows, watching.

Their weapons, they hate me. I can feel it. A burning desire to destroy me. I must tread carefully.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-15, 03:04 PM
Merrick is freaking the hell out. He grew up in a population that consisted of his parents and 19 Githyanki. This many people in one place is something he can barely comprehend. He is standing against a wall, gripping his shield like his life depends on it.

He is looking around nervously, unsure of what to do, a deep voice in the back of his mind berating him for his lack of decision.

appending_doom
2010-10-15, 04:35 PM
"Greetings," the white-robed figure says, its voice, decidedly that of a woman, carrying to all gathered around her. "I can see that many of you have come here, for many of your own reasons. Fear, mostly, I'm sure. But fear is the last thing we should be feeling now. Fear is the least of the weapons in the arsenal of the Corrupt."

"You think we should be partying?" a heckler calls out.

The robed woman shakes her head, hard enough for the movement to be visible though her head is still covered. "No. The Darkness is rising. It is gathering, but it is still within out power to fight back. And we must fight. This is a power - a Power - that can grow great enough that even the Lady could not stand against it." There is a subtle movement as those nearest the woman begin edging carefully away. "The Corrupt are those that sneak through the cracks in the world; eventually, there is no door that can hold them off forever. But that is where the Light grants us power."

There is an almost disappointed release of tension at her words, and the crowd begins to break up.

"What? Did you think I was going to tell you about a weapon? The Light is the forge in which our hearts are honed into the knife that can strike into the hearts of the Corrupt, to burn out the hatred within their empty souls and redeem them!"

"Yer just another berk mouthing about peace and love!" another heckler cries. "Careful, or the Lady'll run your faction out of town!"

With that, the crowd truly begins to disperse, except for a few people who drift closer to the white-robed woman. Occasional glints of light reveal small pendants each of them wear.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-15, 04:42 PM
What of me? Xaneth asks, stepping out of the shadows. There is no light within me, nor is there darkness. I do not fully understand it, but I do understand that I want to fight these creatures. What advice could you give me?

The-Mage-King
2010-10-15, 06:56 PM
"The 'Light', huh?" Tyng says, dropping off the rooftop and landing on the ground near Xaneth. "From my experience, people who talk about it aren't that likely to be trustworthy. But, of course, that's just my opinion. Mind telling me more about this way to 'redeem' the Corrupt?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-15, 07:11 PM
"The 'Light', huh?" Tyng says, dropping off the rooftop and landing on the ground near Xaneth. "From my experience, people who talk about it aren't that likely to be trustworthy. But, of course, that's just my opinion. Mind telling me more about this way to 'redeem' the Corrupt?"

Hello there, weilder of the hateful sword. Yes, I can sense it. the still-hooded man says. By the way, I am Xaneth, Swordsage.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-15, 07:15 PM
Hello there, weilder of the hateful sword. Yes, I can sense it. the still-hooded man says. By the way, I am Xaneth, Swordsage.

"Tyng Feamtan, swordsman. And what do you mean by 'Hateful Sword'?" Tyng replies, nodding slightly.

"Because I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone else."

appending_doom
2010-10-15, 07:27 PM
"Not if he is frightened of the...keys," the woman interrupts. "They are great tools, and in the wrong hands, can destroy as easily as they can save. They may lock away the Darkness...or unleash it in a flood."

She approaches the small group, cloak shifting only slightly, revealing nothing of the creature beneath. "I had for so long only heard rumors of the keys, and have seen only...unfortunate demonstrations of their power. It would serve you well to stay out of the Lady's sight, regardless. But you...you all bear one, do you not? You have been called to the center of the planes to fight the coming darkness?"

DukeGod
2010-10-15, 09:13 PM
Leslat hears the conversation.The white figure managed to get his attention,and then he slowly approaches the small group,still without saying nothing but thinking

"Keys heh.Well I guess I could use some information from them"

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-16, 02:40 AM
Merrick nearly jumps out of his skin when people start talking about keys; his shield has a key on it, did they mean him? Where they expecting him to save people, to fight this darkness? In his mind the rough voice chastises him.

"You utter coward, pick a damn side and go with it. Have I ever steered you wrong Merrick, have I ever let you down? Now stand and speak, demand to know how she knew you were here!"

"Err...excuse me. I err, I think I have one of those keys too....um, do you know about where they came from?

He grips the shield ever tighter.

---------------
Bold text is Savnok.

appending_doom
2010-10-16, 04:02 AM
The woman laughs. "Where did they come from? Where did the Lady come from? What started the Blood War? Who built Sigil?" She abruptly sobers. "Each is born as a part of the plane on which it rests. And each has power to seal...or unlock. I do not know if they exist because of the Corrupt, but they appear to be the only weapon capable of destroying them...for good, anyway." She sighs. "They are beyond good and evil, the Corrupt. They will cause the planes to die, if they are able."

She abruptly stops talking, and tilts her head.

@all

Listen checks.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-16, 04:13 AM
((Listen: [roll0]
Mine's the Astral Plane's keyblade, what about everyone else?))

DukeGod
2010-10-16, 08:33 AM
"They already are destroying worlds
speaks,almost whispering,with a smirk on his face.Looks like it was a good idea to stay with those guys

Listen check [roll0]
NATURAL 20! \o/

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-16, 08:40 AM
[roll0]

You are mistaken about one thing. Those keys are not the only things that can destroy the Corrupt. I can, as well. I don't know why, but they fall easily to my blades.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-16, 09:18 AM
Tyng just listens to the conversation, taking note of Merrik and Leslat's appearances and actions.

Listen: [roll0]

appending_doom
2010-10-16, 10:06 AM
@dragon and kobold

You hear a nearby commotion; whether an argument or something else, you can't quite tell.

@mage

You go temporarily deaf :smalltongue:

@Duke

You can hear panicked shouts, and the clanking of metal, like armor. The noise is coming from a few streets over.

"If you believe that, child," the woman says, directed at Xaneth, "You gravely misunderstand the nature of the Corrupt. But we do not have time to speak further."

She steps back, closer to the building, and for a moment, a dome made of hexagons of light appears around it. "You might want to direct bystanders this way," she adds. "And come back to talk once you're through."

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-16, 10:10 AM
Everyone, come this way. NOW!

Intimidate: [roll0]

DukeGod
2010-10-16, 11:34 AM
"There's something happening over there.People are panicking"

Runs to where the shouts were coming from and asking anyone he found terriefied and in danger to go the dome of light made by the woman.And then,he seeks to find the source of the clanking noise

appending_doom
2010-10-16, 01:46 PM
As Leslat rounds a corner, he sees a group of Sigil citizens surrounded by a band of strange creatures, human-shaped with skin as black as night and dressed in silvery armor. Their eyes are a glowing gold color, and each's hands are tipped with metallic claws.

When they move, the creatures make a loud clanking sound, and despite their jerky movements, they strike with unholy swiftness.

@all

Anyone who wants to leap into the fray, roll Initiative.

Roll Knowledge (the planes) for more info.

And the general set-up: Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak-wpwe8SySIdGRlVWdnSFBJSXE1dlRxb1dVWDBTUmc&hl=en&authkey=CNL0yb0H).

The dark areas are buildings of varying heights. The red CR's are the Corrupt, and the "cz" are citizens. Leslat's on the map.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-16, 02:16 PM
Darkness dances in Xaneth's hands as two curved blades appear. He dashes into combat.

[roll0]
Current Stance: Blood in the Water (+1 atk, damage whenever I score a crit)

The-Mage-King
2010-10-16, 07:54 PM
"Rescue people? Again?" Tyng mutters, drawing his blade and dashing around to the fight.

And vanishing when he passes a shadow.

Initative: [roll0]

Hide: [roll1]

Stance: Master of the Field.

Current plan- take advantage of the fact that "moving at half speed" is 25 feet per round for me, and sneak up on the Corrupt, flanking them.

Notes: I have Darkstalker, so... Even if these have "spot hidden things" of some sort, they need to make a Spot check.

EDIT: Woo! A good Hide check, for once!

DukeGod
2010-10-17, 06:28 PM
Leslat runs towards the people,wanting to help them and mid process the desire to do so gives him an unewasy feeling as light materializes in his hands bringing back the giant key from before

Initiative [roll0]
Current Stance:Blood in the Water(+1 Attack Rolls and damage in criticals)
(We're both going through the same "Two-Weapons" route I guess)

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-17, 11:45 PM
Merrick jumps and nearly dives
into the building but the voice in his head screams so loud it nearly curdles his blood at the thought of this cowardice. Against Merrick's will it invokes it's power and cocoons him in bloodsoaked steel and practically moves his legs for him.

Raising his shield he sets is against the oncoming darkness.

----------
Initiative: [roll0]
Know (Planes): [roll1]

I can't see the map so just stick me between the Corrupt & the people.

DukeGod
2010-10-20, 10:48 AM
(OOC:I'm not sure I got the map,but I'll take a risk at this)

Taking Old Mountain in both of his hands,Leslat starts to run towards the armored creatures at full speed.Gathering momentum he strikes as he approaches the closest one,and starts to slow down,still needing to take a few steps before reaching a complete halt,and puts his guard up,getting ready for the other Corrupt

Charge!at the Corrupt at E8
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage? [roll1]
Critical Hit? [roll2]
Critical Damage!?[roll3]
No crit
I don't remenber if I can actually crit in a Charge.And if I do if the confirmation receives the charge bonuses(there's a +2 from Warblade's Battle Clarity there)but I'm rolling it
I'm making the damage rolls too,hope you don't mind

The-Mage-King
2010-10-20, 11:29 AM
Tyng slips past Merrick, staying in the shadows, and approaches the Corrupt, intent on slaying them quickly.

Moving 40 feet to E7 and initiating Steel Wind, setting up flanking and so on.

Target 1 (D7)

Target 2 (D7, or E8 if D7 is dead): [roll1d20+3

Target 1 Damage: [roll1]

Target 2 Damage: [roll2]

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-20, 01:29 PM
Xaneth attacks the nearest Corrupt, bringing down both weapons in a fierce swing.

Activating Wolf Fang Strike:
Scimitar:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Kukri:
[roll2]
[roll3]

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-20, 01:31 PM
Critical confirmation for Scimitar:
[roll0]

Blood in the Water has been activated.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-22, 08:49 AM
Merrick smashes the nearest Corrupt with his keyshield, making sure to remain in the way of them and the citizens.

----------------------
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-10-22, 04:39 PM
Tyng's blades cut through empty air, but his attack has revealed his location, as the gold-eyed creatures turn towards him.

Merrick knocks one of the creatures soundly on its head, although the blow doesn't seem to slow it.

Xaneth's blade cuts deep into the creature's shoulder, a strike that would have killed a lesser creature. Rather than dying, the armored being dissolves into shadows.

[roll0]

Leslat, even aided by Tyng's maneuver, misses his target. However, they are now flanking one of the creatures, which should make striking the next even easier.

The injured soldier lashes out at Merrick with two blindingly fast slashes.

CR6 - [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

One of them closes in on Tyng, taking two swipes at him, while the closest one to him does the same.

CR2 - [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

CR5 - [roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Another charges at Merrick, leaving itself open as it lunges past Tyng and Xaneth.

CR 3 - Provokes an AoO, at -2 AC, from Tyng and Xaneth.

[roll13]
[roll14]

The two most distant turn on the still-cowering citizens, and make strange, almost comedic lunges at their preys' chests.

CR1 and CR4

[roll15]
[roll16]

Oddly, none of the creatures seem to be paying any attention to Xaneth.

Xaneth&Tyng

Make AoOs if you're inclined.

appending_doom
2010-10-22, 04:40 PM
Crit Threat: [roll0]

One of the warrior's claws seems to catch on something as it lunges at its prey, an elf dressed in dark green. The elf lets out a pained shout and falls to its knees. Tendrils of shadow begin to leak from the elf's chest.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-22, 04:49 PM
Xaneth notices that the creatures are not attacking him, and realizes that it may be feasible that they fear him, or somesuch. He takes a gamble and tries to talk to them.

I command all of you to halt your attacks now!

The-Mage-King
2010-10-22, 04:51 PM
As the two Corrupt attempt to slip past Tyng, he smirks, swinging at them both in an attempt to at least meddle with their movement.

Due to my stance, I have... 4 AoOs this turn...

AoO 1 (first Corrupt to move past me): [roll0]
AoO 1 Damage: [roll1]

AoO 2 (second Corrupt to move past me): [roll2]
AoO s Damage: [roll3]

appending_doom
2010-10-23, 02:28 PM
The strike from Tyng just barely cuts through the armored creature's armor, drawing out long streams of shadow from where the blade slices through its shoulder.

The creatures pay no attention to Xaneth's shout; they are barely paying any attention to him at all.

The elf collapses to the ground before slowly rising to its feet. A startling transformation has overcome him; his skin is dark, as if he stands in shadow. His hands seem to have grown claws, and his eyes are glowing gold. He opens his mouth to hiss, revealing wickedly sharp fangs.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-23, 07:21 PM
Tyng groans as he sees the elf transform.

"Great. Another one..." He mutters, steeling himself for a longer battle.

He quickly strikes the Corrupt directly between him and the remaining civilians, planning to dash past it and take the fight to the Corrupt menacing the three humanoids.

Attack against Corrupt in E6: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If the Corrupt is defeated, move to F6, then to distract the Corrupt in G4. If not, five foot step to F6, and wait.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-24, 09:18 AM
Xaneth changes tactics and resumes attacking the Corrupt. As he heads toward the nearest opponent, his blade ignites.

Activating Burning Blade, attacking with scimitar.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] fire

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-24, 11:57 AM
Merrick will run to get himself between the Corrupt and the innocent.

DukeGod
2010-10-24, 06:20 PM
Leslat watches as the armored creature trades some blows with Tyng,and them quickly prepare's his next move.Taking a deep breath,as the exhales the air he unleashes a calm,yet powerful attack against the creature

Activate Saphire Nightmare Blade
Concentration [roll0](DC=AC of the Corrupt.If it succeeds,he is flat-flooted,if fail,-2 to my attack)
Attack Roll [roll1]
Damage [roll]3d6+3
Critical? [roll2]
Critical Damage!?[roll3]

Saphire Nightmare Blade extra Damage(only if Concentration check succeded)[roll4]
Yes,I do like to roll everything at once
Well,screwed damage,but my attack probably missed aniway

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-26, 06:10 AM
Merrick

AoO: [roll0] // [roll1]

After striking the Corrupt Merrick double moves to get between the Corrupt and the citizens.

appending_doom
2010-10-26, 06:41 AM
RD 2
Tyng's attack misses, but he nimbly sidesteps out of his very dangerous position.

Merrick smashes the nearest creature into smoky oblivion before sprinting forward, drawing opportunistic attack from the Corrupt he passes.

Attack from SH - [roll0]
[roll1]

Attack from CR4 - [roll2]
[roll3]

Xaneth's attack cleaves through the Corrupt, scattering shadows around him like blood.

[roll4]

Leslat makes no contact with his foe, the blade swiping past the Corrupt to no effect.

Three of the corrupt, including the once-elf, converge on Merrick, their claws leaking shadows as they draw close to him. His chest begins to ache with an agonizing chill.

@Merrick

Make three Charisma checks.

Two others close in on Tyng and try to simply eviscerate him.

Attacks from CR2
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Attacks from CR5
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

It's almost infuriating; though Xaneth has done the most damage to the group, the Corrupt seem to be ignoring him completely, as if he wasn't a threat.

Counter - 1
Counter - 0

appending_doom
2010-10-26, 06:44 AM
@Tyng

That first attack hits, and rolling crit: [roll0] if that confirms, you take 2 damage from that last attack.

So 6 total damage

After I get those Charisma checks, the round will be over.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-26, 06:49 AM
Charisma checks:
[roll0] <eek>
[roll1]
[roll2]

appending_doom
2010-10-26, 06:57 AM
@Kobold

The cold is dispelled almost trivially; you feel no worse from the exposure to...whatever that was.

END OF ROUND 2

The-Mage-King
2010-10-26, 12:21 PM
"HELL!" Tyng curses, leaping away from the two Soldiers and past the edge of the building, hidden from view of all..

"I didn't want to be forced to use this yet, but you leave me no choice!" his voice continues from around the corner.

Move backwards to K4, sheath blade, summon Keyblade, and hide ([roll0].

DukeGod
2010-10-26, 08:25 PM
The creatures were fast.Leslat knew that.And his giant weapon was slowing him down.But he had no other weapon and none of them probably would have any actual effect on those creatures.Taking a small step towards the one in his front,carefully doing it so they can't take advantage of it,Leslat strikes once more,with a small thought in his mind "May Fortuna guide my blades!"

Yep,I totally invoked Fortuna...
5-ft step to get in attack range.By the way I don't really remenber,but does wielding a large weapon makes my reach bigger?
Like I said in the OOC,my new bonuses were totally always there
Attack [roll0]
Damage? [roll1]
Critical Hit? [roll2]
Critical Damage! [roll3]
I don't remenber if the bane damage is doubled,so rolling separetely
Bane Critical!!?? [roll4]

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-28, 04:59 AM
Merrick

Before moving to make sure he's in the optimum position to AoO anything that tries to get past him he smashes the nearest Corrupt in the face.

--------------
[roll0] // [roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-28, 03:16 PM
Xaneth heads towards the next Corrupt and attacks.

Clinging Shadow Strike
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
CSS activates on a 1: [roll3]

appending_doom
2010-10-29, 08:59 AM
The Corrupt swing at Tyng as he retreats.

You aren't withdrawing, as you're sheathing a weapon. Summoning the Key is a move action, so you've got one too many actions here. If you'd prefer, you can drop your weapon (free) and summon the Keyblade in the same turn.

CR 2
[roll0]
[roll1]

CR 5
[roll2]
[roll3]

Merrick crushes the sole soldier to his right, making it doubly difficult for the Corrupt to surround him again.

Xaneth's blade narrowly misses the creature he attacks, and Leslat's shadowy blade passes them harmlessly.

appending_doom
2010-10-29, 09:02 AM
Confirmation (luckily, based on the damage I rolled, this cannot possibly kill you).

[roll0]
[roll1]

You take 9 damage total. Disabled, which means you can't do anything other than move (as you can take only one action). Hiding as part of that move is not strenuous action.

appending_doom
2010-10-29, 09:10 AM
The two soldiers near Leslat move arount to full-attack him, swinging wildly with their claws.

CR2
[roll0]
[roll1]

CR5
[roll2]
[roll3]

The one near Merrick slides around, as if aiming to fully flank him, slicing with both claws, while the ex-elf strikes with its claws, as well.

CR1
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

SH
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Counter - 2
Counter - 1

appending_doom
2010-10-29, 09:11 AM
Confirmation

[roll0]

So...2 damage then?

END OF ROUND 3

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-31, 04:39 PM
Xaneth makes two ferocious swings at the Corrupt.

Scimitar:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Kukri:
[roll2]
[roll3]

DukeGod
2010-10-31, 08:01 PM
Shrugging of the scratches,Leslat takes his attention to the ally who retreated.He would help him later,as adventurers could take care of themselves,but remains watchful for his plan.Gripping tighter into Old Mountain's handle he swings it once more

Do I get a larger reach or not?and attacks
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Critical!?[roll2]
Critical Damage [roll3]
HP 34/36

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-01, 11:33 AM
Merrick will smash the SH Corrupt ((woo, map works)).

-----------------
[roll0] // [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-11-01, 04:59 PM
Xaneth cuts around one of the Corrupt, striking it and distracting it just long enough for Leslat to cut the creature in half.

Merrick hits no Corrupt, but likely keeps their attention on him and not the relatively defenseless people.

The Corrupt near Xaneth and Leslat, to avoid being flanked by them, slips south and assaults Leslat.

CR2
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Merrick, unfortunately, seems to be the target of another dual attack, as the soldier slips around him to slice at him with its claws, and the wiry, dark-skinned ex-elf remains in place.

CR1
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

SH
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

And then, behind the group, the air displaces, as if a Portal were opened, and a soldier appears, trailed by a creature much like the ex-elf.

appending_doom
2010-11-01, 05:01 PM
For Crits

[roll0] (for an extra 1 damage)
[roll1] (for an extra 2 damage)

Both failed

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-02, 10:32 AM
As Xaneth heads towards the Corrupt near the citizens, a shadowy scimitar appears in the air near him.

Using Shadow Blade Technique, my last maneuver for the encounter.
[roll0]
[roll1] Using this one.
[roll2]
[roll3] cold damage

The-Mage-King
2010-11-02, 01:52 PM
Cluching his as he leans against the wall, Tyng grunts in pain.

"I knew I should have bought that potion..." He mutters, keeping in the shadows and staying still. "Guess I'll have to sit the rest of this one out..."

...Yeah, not much I can do right now.
So, remain where I am, hidden.

DukeGod
2010-11-02, 05:59 PM
Seeing the citizens pretty well protected Leslat goes back to attacking those nearby him

Yeah...just attacking
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Critical? [roll2]
Critical Damage! [roll3]
Blood in the Water is on,+1 in attack and damage from now on

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-06, 07:57 AM
Merrick ignores the pain, smashing the bastard to his right.

----------------
[roll0] // [roll1]

Are there any rules for taunting, so I can keep their attention focussed on me instead of the civvies?

appending_doom
2010-11-06, 08:39 AM
Xaneth slices into the shadowy beast flanking Merrick, injuring it.

Merrick crushes the soldier on his right, evaporating it into dust.

Leslat similarly destroys the creature nearest him.

The shadow creature launches itself at Merrick, heedless of its own injuries.

SH
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

5 total damage

The two new arrivals close in on Leslat.

CR3
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

SH2
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

2 total damage

But even as the two creatures fall, two new ones -- a soldier and one of the willowy shadow creatures -- appear.

@all

Spot checks

@Kobold

If you remember your Kingdom Hearts, you don't need to taunt. You're the biggest target out there. Note that the only non-Keyblade bearer is being practically ignored.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-06, 08:41 AM
((Spot: [roll0]

Good point, awesome.))

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-06, 08:43 AM
Spot: [roll0]

appending_doom
2010-11-06, 04:43 PM
@Xaneth

You see puckered, scarred flesh on the two newly-arriven soldiers, and familiar marks on their armor. There's no mistaking it -- they're the same soldiers you already dispatched.

The priest's warning about the Corrupt and the Keyblades comes back to you in a rush. Is it possible your fight against them has been for nothing?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-08, 08:55 AM
Merrick refocussed as the new Corrupt appeared and smashed the weakened one again, but the panic setting in means he barely hits it as is steps back.

"Why do they keep reappearing!" he yells to the other Key Bearers.

----------------
[roll0] // [roll1]

Turns out I have DR 1/Piercing from Savnok. Just for future reference.

DukeGod
2010-11-08, 08:08 PM
Leslat suddenly sees himself ahead of some Corrupt.Where the hell did they came from!?Putting Old Mountain in the ground he spins letting sparks be made into the group and getting momentum makes a diagonal rising slash,firming his feet into the ground

"The Volcano Erupts!"

that's just him calling out his attacks,means nothing.And he pretty much creates those in the improvise,but expect a Just As Planned when it works XD
(This time I remenbered his bonuses =D)
Spot [roll0]
Attack Roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Critical? [roll3]
Critical Damage!! [roll4]
Damn...this always happen when I get a new bonus...and then it goes away in...2 turns or so

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-11, 02:40 PM
I can't kill them, they just come back!

Xaneth stays near the citizens without attacking, ready to intercept any Corrupt.

appending_doom
2010-11-11, 03:18 PM
Dodging the attacks of the warriors, the Corrupt keep striking back at them.

One of them finally makes a half-hearted attack at Xaneth.

SH
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

The creatures surrounding Leslat move to surround him.

CR3
FIRST, attracts an AoO from Leslat

[roll4]
[roll5]

SH2
[roll6] (subtract 2)
[roll7]

[roll8] (subtract 2)
[roll9]

One of the soldiers charges at Merrick, while the other approaches more slowly to attack.

CR1 - charging, -2 AC
[roll10]
[roll11]

SH3 - provokes an AoO from Merrick
[roll12]
[roll13]

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-11, 03:24 PM
Xaneth swings with the flat of his scimitar, trying to knock it out so that a Keyblade Bearer can destroy it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DukeGod
2010-11-11, 08:23 PM
As one of the creatures tries to reach him,Leslat revers the grip in his blade and thrusts backwards not sure on wether it succeded,but,turning around and correcting the grip on the keyblade he lunges forward taking momentum and swinging against the one ahead

Attack of Opportunity [roll0]
Damage of Opportunity [roll1]

Attack Roll [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Critical!?[roll4]
Critical Damage!![roll5]
Make him helpless,I wanna perform a Coup de Grace with this crazy damage die XD

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-12, 02:56 AM
Merrick

[roll0] / [roll1]

...:furious: **** YOU DICE ROLLER!! **** YOU!!

appending_doom
2010-11-14, 09:44 AM
Merrick's opportunistic strike misses the corrupt nearest him, while Leslat dispatches his foe with ease.

Leslat then swings his blade around, eviscerating the small, shadowy creature on his other side.

Unfortunately, Xaneth's attack fails to connect with the creatures surrounding them.

@kobold

It's your actual turn, now.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-14, 09:48 AM
Merrick keeps smashing away.

---------------
[roll0] / [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-11-16, 05:58 PM
The swing barely misses the creatures flanking Merrick.

:(

appending_doom
2010-11-16, 06:04 PM
Next Round

DukeGod
2010-11-17, 11:40 AM
Seeing opportunity,Leslat takes a couple steps to the side,and then running towards one of the corrupt leaps raising his sword above his head,and as he falls still takes a couple of steps getting closer and slashing

"Claw....AT THE MOON

Initiate "Claw at the Moon"
Jump Check(must beat AC) [roll0]
Success:+2d6 Damage,+4 to critical confirmation
Fail:Attack resolves as normal
Attack roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]
Critical!? [roll4] > DAMN!
Critical Damage!!! [roll5]

The-Mage-King
2010-11-17, 11:44 AM
Peeking around the corner, Tyng sees how the battle is fairing.

"Hm... No choice left..." He mutters, dropping his sword and extending his hand, a bar of light appearing in it, before forming into a dark grey longsword, with several notches along the sides.

"HEY! You with the scimitars! Get over here!" He yells, trying to catch Xaneth's attention.

I drop my sword and summon my keyblade. Also, for keyblade appearance, think tumbler key, not skeleton key

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-17, 02:29 PM
Yes?

Xaneth rushes over.

appending_doom
2010-11-21, 10:21 AM
Leslat's strike obliterates the last of the soldiers, leaving only the two willowy shadow creatures alone.

One of them cuts at Xaneth as he retreats, and misses badly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

@Kobold?

The-Mage-King
2010-11-21, 01:41 PM
As the dualwielding entity approaches, Tyng tosses him the summoned blade.

"This should help you deal with them. I'd be out there using it, but..." He says, indicating the wound on his side.

Handing my keyblade over to Xaneth, and staying here, mostly hidden.

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-21, 03:30 PM
As you wish.

In Xaneth's hand, the Keyblade takes the form of a greatsword.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-21, 04:59 PM
Merrick

Smashy smashy.

--------------
[roll0] // [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-11-21, 05:07 PM
Merrick smashes his shield into the flesh of one of the slender beasts, which recoils before its body dissolves into mist. This leaves the last, and its eyes glitter with hellish fury before it reaches out to Merrick, as others had before, and the shadows deepen around his feet.

@kobold

Make a Charisma check

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-21, 05:10 PM
Charisma Check: [roll0] :smallmad:

appending_doom
2010-11-21, 06:21 PM
@kobold

The shadows seem to slide off of you with no effect.

Next round begins.

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-22, 10:08 AM
Xaneth rounds the corner and swings the Keyblade at the last Shadow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

appending_doom
2010-11-22, 05:38 PM
This seems to shatter the creature, which had poised on its feet as if to launch itself at Xaneth.

For a moment, the alley is silent, and then one of the citizens, a small gnome with horns and a red tint to his skin, bows to the group.

"Thanks, sirrah, for your help. I've no jink to spare you, but I've valuable coin nonetheless. The Lady is supposed to have shut these beasts from the city, but they've begun to overrun the Hive. Some people seem to think it's good enough to shut off that part of the city, but as you can see, it's done little good."

@all

Everyone gains 1,275 XP

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-22, 05:52 PM
Here. I don't want this for more than second beyond what I have to.

Xaneth tosses back the Keyblade before searching for the white-cloaked woman.

The-Mage-King
2010-11-22, 06:23 PM
Wincing, Tyng stands up and makes his way towards the crowd, catching his sword and letting it vanish as he does so.

"Could I, by any chance, get some healing over here?" He asks, looking around. "Just a cantrip's worth?"

DukeGod
2010-11-22, 08:02 PM
Walking in Tyng's direction,Leslat keeps an eye Xaneth as he passes by.The fact that he didn't want to hold the Keyblade for longer was pretty suspicious in his eyes.But neverminding that,once he passes by him,he let's it vanish in a burst of light,before helping Tyng to walk around,supporting him

appending_doom
2010-11-23, 07:21 AM
The woman in white can be found in the strange building near the Sensates' temple; the survivors of the attack trail after the group almost numbly.

At the sight of the group, the woman in white gives you a happy sigh.

"You return victorious," she says simply. "I can see the triumph in your stance." Her eyes flicker to Tyng. "And yet one of you is wounded. Come."

She does not produce any potion or scroll, but draws out a necklace of silver, a three-pronged crown, and reached out to brush a hand against Tyng's wounds.

[roll0]

His wounds close at the touch, and strength returns to him.

So.

A cleric.

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 09:30 AM
You seem very knowledgeable about these creatures, so may I trouble you for a few questions?

I can hurt these creatures, while I have seen many that cannot, yet I cannot kill them. Why would that be so? What can I do to fix that? I can use their weapons, but that is not an ideal solution.

Who am I? I have been destroyed by the creatures, yet I still walk the planes. Please, I have to know.

appending_doom
2010-11-23, 10:29 AM
The woman turns to Xaneth, and her reply is grim. "The Corrupt may only be destroyed by a heart strong enough to manifest as one of the Keyblades, or so legend tells. And as for your plea, you must be mistaken. Those destroyed by the Corrupt rise as one of their own, their hearts as dark as their murderers'."

She leans close to Xaneth, as if staring at him, but at last shakes her head. "And you are mistaken. Your heart is not dark, as one of the Corrupt is. You were likely saved at the last moment, or the chains of your memories weakened and frayed."

DukeGod
2010-11-23, 10:34 AM
"What are these Keyblades?"

Releases Tyng after he was healed and summoning the weapon again with the burst of light

"This came to me after some sort of dream,and then I could destroy the Corrupt.I could know that its name was Old Mountain.And it feels natural,like some other kind of sword would"

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 10:40 AM
Then allow me another question.

Xaneth points towards Tyng.

While we were fighting, he lent me his "Keyblade". I was able to weild it, and destroy the Corrupt. However, I felt a great animosity from it. It was fighting me with all its power, resisting my control. Is this normal for a borrowed weapon?

The-Mage-King
2010-11-23, 11:30 AM
"Thanks for the healing." Tyng says, stretching and giving a quick bow when he's done.

"Hm... Interesting..." He mutters, hearing Xaneth's questions.

appending_doom
2010-11-23, 12:34 PM
"One with a weak heart cannot hope to command the power of a Keyblade, especially if its proper wielder has not relinquished it. One may only bear the blade if one has earned the blade's respect." The priestess shrugs. "Perhaps it is best if one with no strength in his heart did not join the Keybearers." Her voice is harsh, but she does not sound angry, but resolute, as if speaking a truth. "Especially if you are powerful enough to conceal the contents of your heart from me."

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 12:38 PM
"One with a weak heart cannot hope to command the power of a Keyblade, especially if its proper wielder has not relinquished it. One may only bear the blade if one has earned the blade's respect." The priestess shrugs. "Perhaps it is best if one with no strength in his heart did not join the Keybearers." Her voice is harsh, but she does not sound angry, but resolute, as if speaking a truth. "Especially if you are powerful enough to conceal the contents of your heart from me."

He willingly lent it to me, if that is what you mean. And what exactly do you believe that I am concealing?

The-Mage-King
2010-11-23, 01:25 PM
"Yeah, I was kinda, you know, wounded, and I thought that maybe loaning, uh... " Tyng starts, trailing off.

"What's your name again?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 01:50 PM
"Yeah, I was kinda, you know, wounded, and I thought that maybe loaning, uh... " Tyng starts, trailing off.

"What's your name again?"

I am Xaneth.

The-Mage-King
2010-11-23, 02:01 PM
"Tyng Feamtam, adventurer. Anyway, I thought that maybe loaning Xaneth here a weapon that could kill those things before they do more damage was a good idea." Tyng replies, nodding to Xaneth before turning back to the cleric and continuing.

appending_doom
2010-11-23, 04:45 PM
The priestess lets them speak for a time before she replies to Xaneth's questions. "A Keybearer may lend his blade, but to truly wield it, one must wrest control from its owner, or slay him. And as for what is hidden...a living heart is formed of light and darkness intermingled. You have shielded the darkness in your heart from me."

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 04:49 PM
Interesting. I was not even aware that it was possible to do so.

appending_doom
2010-11-23, 04:58 PM
"Neither did I. But it is clear you are not a Lord of Light, and so magic set to conceal your true self is the only other conceivable reason that I can detect no darkness in your heart."

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-23, 05:02 PM
Or, maybe there is nothing at all. Since my first encounter with the Corrupt, I have felt emptier, as if I just... wasn't there. Not as much.

OOC: I hope that I'm accurately describing what a Nobody would feel, rather than just metagaming.

appending_doom
2010-11-24, 06:19 AM
"Well, I wouldn't go that far. If you didn't have darkness or light there, you wouldn't have a heart, and wouldn't exist at all." The priest settles on one of several long benches within her temple. "But abstracts are hardly my primary concern. As you can tell, the planes are in grave danger. The Corrupt are beasts of incredible tenacity, and their goal is a simple one: the hearts of those yet un-Corrupted.

"I have spoken already that only those of strongest hearts may bring an end to this plague. And only the Blades may seal the world so that it can never come again." The priest watches the small band for a long moment. "Ever since...I have waited for your coming for a long time. I knew someday the blades would draw to my temple those destined to bring an end to the darkness."

DukeGod
2010-11-24, 08:47 AM
Awaiting for a moment,Leslat picks up a small detail.She was a cleric and as a matter of fact had a temple apparently.But who she worshipped?

"Might I ask,who in Khalmyr's name is thy god,Lady in White?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-24, 10:27 AM
I doubt I could help your quest, Priestess, so perhaps I should simply leave.

appending_doom
2010-11-24, 12:48 PM
"Why, the Light," she replies. "We seek those with strong hearts to stand against the Darkness, pledge ourselves to protect the Lords of Light, if they should ever be found, and heal those touched by the powers of Darkness. It is ever a terrible path, for those most able to fight the Darkness are most desperately sought by the Corrupt. They hunt by the scent of one's heart, and can seek the Keyblades as easily as they breathe."

The-Mage-King
2010-11-24, 12:53 PM
"...Joy." Tyng says, sarcasm obvious. "So if I don't stick with a group, I'll be overwelmed by those things."

appending_doom
2010-11-24, 01:21 PM
"It would be wiser to rejoice that there are those destined to aid you in your fate," the priestess replies. "This is the fight of all beings, no matter their origin or, dare I say, alignment. And as for you-" She glances at Xaneth. "Your heart is weak, and concealed by some power I do not recognize. But that does not mean your heart cannot become stronger. Your path is your choice, regardless of your identity."

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-24, 01:24 PM
Then I shall stay, at least until I find out who I am.

DukeGod
2010-11-24, 05:33 PM
"Tannah-Toh would be proud..." Leslat thinks in a sarcastic way.The Goddess of Knowledge of Arton believed more in questions than in answers.Question everything.While he wasn't particularly religious a crazy man,who was called Wise told him he was blessed with the graces of all 21 gods.Despite the fact that there were only 20 gods.Maybe that was some way of the "Light"?Or "Strong Heart"?Leaving the question aside,he again lets the Keyblade disappear

"Well then?What we do now my lady?The gnome said there were already attacks even before we came in..."

appending_doom
2010-11-24, 06:33 PM
"Most presume the Lady can shut the way to the Corrupt, but they are here nonetheless. Your duty should be obvious. The blades make one a hunter of Darkness, even as Darkness hunts them. The source of the Darkness should be found and eliminated." She shrugs. "I will offer healing to you, when I am able, and will watch for signs. But there are secrets yet hidden from us, even from the Sensates, whose libraries are the most complete in the planes."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 05:20 AM
Merrick finally speaks up, having remained very quiet up until now.

"Erm, is there any way to get rid of the key without getting killed? I'm, I mean, I don't think I can do this. I live on the Astral Plane, I've never seen anyone...dead before."

His voice is weak and utterly pathetic, like a crying child.

appending_doom
2010-11-25, 05:42 AM
The priestess shakes her head. "The blade chose you. At that moment, your heart was strongest of all who dwelt among the Astral Sea. You may yet not understand that strength, but it lurks within. Every time I seek knowledge of the Keyblades, a phrase repeats itself in ancient prophecies and tales of great warriors. Your heart is the greatest weapon of them all. You stood against them, child. That is stronger than most.

"And there is another concern. You were chosen for your strength of heart. If you were to surrender that blade to another, the Keybearer would not be the one chosen by the Keyblade. His heart would be weaker than the one the Key had chosen. That might make the difference between our salvation...and our destruction."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 05:54 AM
Merrick

I told you so, you little whingebag. And now they're going to look down on you forever because you didn't have the stones to just keep your mouth shut. This is pathetic, after this I'm never answering your call again, it's not worth being tethered to such a weakling.

Oh really, you're going to refuse to make a Pact. You, a creature that only exists because I chose him on a whim? I highly doubt that. Now if you have nothing helpful to add, then just sit down and shut up.

Though it was all in his mind, Merrick's hands were shaking. What if Savnok really didn't answer him in future, he'd have been destroyed without his armour to defend him. He'd make it up to the Vestige by offering him a Bad Pact next time.

"Well if I can't get rid of it then I'm sticking with the rest of you. No way am I getting caught alone by those monsters."

appending_doom
2010-11-25, 01:26 PM
"I would suggest you look into the current infestation," the priestess says. "It is an immediate concern, and one likely endangering what should be one of the safest corners of the planes." She shakes her head. "The best bet is likely to ask the natives, although I will seek out the Sensates. If anyone would be gathering information about this threat, it would be them."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 01:01 PM
Merrick turns to the others.

"So, I've never left my village before, where do we go first?"

The-Mage-King
2010-11-30, 03:51 PM
"To... A tavern." Tyng returns, nodding sagely.

"All great adventures start in a tavern."

DukeGod
2010-11-30, 07:00 PM
"Never left your village?That must be a nightmare!"

Leslat smiles and messes his own hair scratching it.Bad custom.Making his silk kimono more confortable he starts to walk in any random direction

"Yes!A tavern!You must be an adventurer.It's instinct],every adventurer ends in a tavern sometime.And I could use some mead!"

Turning into a random direction he starts to walk ahead.Not really knowing where too

"This way.I have walked an entire world once,not this one,but my instinct says it.Mead is this way"

Happy to have companions again,Leslat awaits for them to catch up.Adventurers weren't supposed to party solo

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-30, 07:02 PM
I may as well follow, though there is little for me to do in a tavern.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-02, 08:54 AM
Merrick

Well when you're on the Astral Plane without a teleporter, it's a bit hard to go anywhere" he says, suppressing a smile that had snuck onto his face.

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-02, 02:28 PM
I think I teleported to get here, but I have no idea how I did it.

DukeGod
2010-12-02, 08:38 PM
"I took a portal.Opened in front of me and I just took it,my world was two seconds away of being consumed...sounded like the best idea.Aniway,what the hell are you talking about?Little for you to do in a tavern?WE DRINK!And party,and flirt with the well talented waitresses,and gloat about or skills and fight with other drunkards!

Leaving the destruction of his world and the dark mood that was around behind,Leslat tries to encourage them

"By Nimb!If we are lucky we can even get some actual information about these Corrupt and where they are!"

appending_doom
2010-12-03, 06:32 AM
It is not particularly difficult to find a tavern, but though news of the Corrupt attack in the Clerk's Ward is spreading, people are not as knowledgeable about the attacks in general.

Of course there shouldn't have been any Corrupt in Sigil at all; the Lady of Pain shut down most of the portals when the Beastlands lost one of its Demi-Planes.

The few people that have more information are scared and quiet; they seem to be poorer and more ragged, and one of them speaks of an unholy chill that permeates the Hive, the most wretched quarter of the city.

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-03, 02:33 PM
Xaneth turns to Leslat.

None of which I enjoy. Not anymore. Of course, I don't enjoy anything anymore, so...

Anyway, information would be useful.

appending_doom
2010-12-10, 06:06 AM
Effort to find useful information directs the party towards seedier and seedier districts, until they are face-to-face with an amateurly-made barricade guarded by adventurers -- you know they're adventurers because their weapons are battered, their armor is dinging, and yet they still look hopefully at newcomers in the off chance that someone will start a fight they can end.

"You goin' to the Hive?" one asks. "Cause the chant is no one's gettin' out of there once they go in."

Given the nature of the guard, you suspect that little rumor has been...helped along by overzealous guards at the border between the Hive and the other districts.

DukeGod
2010-12-10, 01:19 PM
"Have no worries,we will be getting out no matter how strong the enemies.Also I hope that you will let us pass,as we have special orders from the Lady herself.Armed with weapons specially designed for this mission

He stays there looking at the other adventurers.He didn't know much from that world but from what he heard he could assume that this Lady controlled pretty much everything.And that noone was really sure of what she was doing,thus maybe this one would be enough

((Should I roll for Bluff?))

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-10, 01:48 PM
Merrick

"Well that sure sounds dangerous. Are we really going to go there?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-10, 03:38 PM
Of course. Are you actually afraid of a few rumors?

Xaneth lets out a completely mirthless laugh.

Let's go.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-10, 04:01 PM
"Yep. We've got corrupt rears to kick, and money to make." Tyng replies, streching a bit and moving to pass the barricade.

appending_doom
2010-12-10, 05:42 PM
The man stares at Leslat for a few tense moments before shrugging. "You can be as suicidal as you want, I suppose. I'd just advise you: invoking the Lady's name is a particularly...certain suicide I'd suggest against. The last berk who tried to speak with her ended up the same way all the others who annoy her do." His companions let out sharp, humorless laughs as they clear the tight alley for passage.

A natural 20 isn't enough to overcome the Sense Motive bonus on claiming you work directly for the Lady. Sounds like Leslat needs to learn a little more about Sigil before he goes trying to push his way through people. :smallwink:

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-10, 06:06 PM
Xaneth walks through, completely ignoring the men.

appending_doom
2010-12-13, 06:35 AM
The Hive is...a pathetic place. The streets are lined with hovels clamoring for even an inch of extra space, and even the shops and common buildings have a worn look about them. A huge building like a fortress dominates the skyline of the area, even as the glory of the other wards is visible in the sky.

Sigil, you see, is a torus, and so you can see the rest of the city in the sky above you.

There are few people out, and those that are move quickly, or are heavily armed, or both. The occasional shadow darts across your vision, and it seems likely that tales of the infestation of Darkness have not been exaggerated.

A bar marked the Smouldering Corpse seems moderately active for the ward; even though the door is shut, noise can be heard from within.

DukeGod
2010-12-13, 02:23 PM
Walking into the Hive,ignoring whatever the other adventurer said Leslat looks around.He could gleance shadows here and there that he recognized as his foes.Remenbering the words from the Woman in White,he decides to lead the group to a place where they could be trapped

"Let's go somewhere open and where we have plenty of space to fight.They'll follow us right?"

Once Darkness catches his eye he stops for some seconds,calling Old Mountain to his hands and letting it appear in its usual burst of light.Then he walks to the closest open place

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-13, 02:30 PM
Xaneth pulls his blades out of the darkness.

All I can do is try to knock them unconcious. Make sure that someone else is there to finish them off!

appending_doom
2010-12-13, 06:34 PM
What in the Nine Hells do you think you're doing?" A figure wrapped in stinking rags lunges out of an alley at Leslat. "Walkin' around with something like that out? Are you trying to get us all killed?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-13, 06:40 PM
I believe that my companions are attempting to draw out and trap the Corrupt. If you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you stay away.

appending_doom
2010-12-13, 07:27 PM
The figure begins to laugh. "You act as if there's an end to them! You act as if there's somethin' you can stick in a box and be rid of! Do you know what's happened here? What's happening everywhere?"

There are shadows gathering at the edge of your vision.

There are...more of them than last time.

"They'll keep comin'. They'll keep comin' til you can find a door they can't open or they get your heart in their clutches. You won't be rid of 'em by sitting out here like a bug in a trap!"

A skittering noise sends the person fleeing, dodging every dark corner as if it holds death in it.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-13, 07:37 PM
"Well," Tyng starts, looking around and summoning the grey sword, spinning it around with his right hand, looking at the shadows, and pulling down his goggles. "Let's hope these guys don't have the heart to take us out."

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!:smallcool:

In all seriousness, summon keyblade, maintain stance.

DukeGod
2010-12-13, 09:50 PM
As the man runs away,Leslat smiles with Tyns remark.Getting more ready for battle he folds his pants bottom as to not step on it by mistake,as well makes the kimono less tight to not hamper his movements

"Worry not my friend.You have heard the Woman in White.Ours hearts were the strongest of the world from where we came.Our weapons are able to destroy these beasts sometimes with a single blow.Their power mirrors the ones of your heart,and OURS IS THE HEARTS THAT PIERCES THE DARKNESS!!!!!

Shouting the last part anyone nearby can hear it,and maybe even feel motivated enough to give them a hand,he raises Old Mountain in a challenge to all the Corrupt

I'll let you keep your CSI Miami and raise you a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!That's his new Catch Phrase!(besides:I walked an entire world.Not this one but I can feel!Mead is this way!! now just gotta find one that will be his Come Hitter phrase =D)

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-15, 03:07 PM
As the Corrupt appear, Xaneth readies for battle.

appending_doom
2010-12-15, 06:31 PM
There are already more than a dozen of the creatures lurking in the shadows, immediately visible, and more already gathering.

appending_doom
2010-12-16, 05:45 PM
Lured by something, the stubby, shadowy creatures begin emerging from the shadows all around you.

@all

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak-wpwe8SySIdG5ZLW1QSS1LaWZObG9ZeEl5LXhsQ3c&authkey=CJSBv4AH&hl=en#)

Scroll down for where you guys are

Roll for initiative.

(goes off to look up the EL of an infinite number of Shadows)

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-16, 07:57 PM
Xaneth remains where he is, slightly concerned about the number of Corrupt appearing.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-17, 11:39 AM
Tyng looks around at the amassing Shadows.

"Well, gentlemen, time for me to do what I do best..." He says, fading into the shadows.

"Hide."

Hide: [roll1]

And remember- I can hide anywhere, from almost anything...

DukeGod
2010-12-17, 01:26 PM
"Hah.Here they come.Ok I take the ones in the left,you with the other keyblade the ones on the right.Our friend with dark weapons here knocks them out and we finish,make these stunned ones priority"

Smiling,Leslat takes his position and awaits for them

Initiative [roll0]
Look at all those little chuncks of XP!

dragonsamurai77
2010-12-24, 11:39 AM
Xaneth moves towards the nearest group of Corrupt and pulls out his scimitar. As he does, a burst of black light erupts from the blade.

Activating a refluffed Blistering Flourish: everything within 30 feet must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be dazzled for 1 minute.

DukeGod
2011-01-03, 06:29 PM
Assuming his stance Leslat closes his eyes to resist the black light that surges from Xaneth's blades
With a small blurryness in his vision he shakes his head and quickly focuses on the dark creatures that approach. Then suddenly he begins to move forward at full speed and as he nears into the ones at northwest he thrusts one of the shadow enemies

Blood in the Water Stance + CHARGE!!!
Fort Save [roll0]
Attack Roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Critical! [roll3]
Critical Damage!!!! [roll4]