PDA

View Full Version : [SE] Soul Eater In The Playground: Discussion & Setup

Terry576
2010-10-14, 09:19 PM
Soul Eater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Eater_(manga)). It's like a combination of Bleach, with a little bit of Sailor Moon, and a dash of Fullmetal Alchemist.

I've been debating over whether a SEitP was a good idea (As those of you from FMAitP may know), and have decided "Why not?"

So, post for interest, and we can set up the plawt, setting, and more.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-15, 12:04 PM
Posting interest. I'll see if I have enough time.

IcemanJRC
2010-10-15, 12:28 PM
Weeeeeeeee!

Dorizzit
2010-10-16, 06:14 PM
Yes. That is all.

Viera Champion
2010-10-17, 08:47 AM
Sounds cool.

Kasanip
2010-10-17, 09:09 AM
I have interest, but there is no time now unfortunately. :smallfrown:

Creed
2010-10-17, 09:10 AM
no expeience with subject matter, but reading articles to try to hook up my brain.

Creed
2010-10-19, 05:32 PM
Well it appears this died on the floor.:smallfrown:

R.I.P.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-19, 05:46 PM
Well, I think I'd be up for it, as long as we don't have to read all the source material. I've only watched a bit of the anime. Since this RP might start up, I think I'll finish it and start reading the manga.

But first, we need to organize everything. And how are we going to organize it? Will we do the way that Railgun is doing it now, or the old way, with the character registry and everything?

Of course, we'll figure out how we're going to do this. Let's start with the main important figure, Shinigami-san. Is he going to be an NPC, or controlled by someone? I'm fine with either way, though if he's going to be controlled by a player, I think that Terry could do that.

Next, we'll figure out characters, correct? But here's the thing, should we allow two people to play a weaponmeister and a weapon each? Or should both be played by one player? I prefer the latter, since you don't have to worry about the other person being on at a different time and conflicting ideas for the characters.

And then, I think we can make characters and put them up in the character registry. We'll also need a plot, but I think we can work that out later.

What do you guys think?

Creed
2010-10-19, 05:53 PM
I'd prefer it if the meister and the weapon were seperate players. This will make the characters more dynamic, I believe. Besides that, Shinigami-san sounds like an NPC if I ever met one.
Still thinking on other topics.

horngeek
2010-10-19, 06:00 PM
Make that an option: if someone wants to play a meister and weapon on their own, let them. If they want to do it separately, let them.

Interest, BTW.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-19, 06:01 PM
Make that an option: if someone wants to play a meister and weapon on their own, let them. If they want to do it separately, let them.

Interest, BTW.

Sounds about right.

Creed
2010-10-19, 06:07 PM

Interest, BTW.

Agreement expressed.

Now, for a plawt idea while we wait for others to respond...

IcemanJRC
2010-10-19, 06:07 PM

Interest, BTW.

Seems like the best idea...

Dorizzit
2010-10-19, 06:13 PM

Interest, BTW.

Sounds good to me.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-19, 06:19 PM
Okay, then, everyone agrees! That's good to know, people. :smalltongue:

So now for the plot. Any ideas?

Creed
2010-10-19, 06:24 PM
Okay, then, everyone agrees! That's good to know, people. :smalltongue:

So now for the plot. Any ideas?

Evil (in the sense of "not on our side") meisters trying to take over the world?
Sorry, I'm really unfamiliar with the setting so I dunno if that's possible...

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-19, 06:29 PM
Well, if I remember right, most weaponmeisters live and work at the Meister Academy, or whatever fighting people who are turning into Kishin, right? Though I do think that there may be evil weaponmeisters...

Crap, I need to finish this series.

Creed
2010-10-19, 06:35 PM
Well you know more than I do. My experience is directly derived from SoulEaterWiki.

horngeek
2010-10-19, 06:40 PM
Evil Meisters would probably start turning into Asura/Kishin, if my knowledge is correct.

Depends on how, exactly, they were evil, though. I think you only turn into an Asura egg if you eat human souls.

Creed
2010-10-19, 06:45 PM
Evil Meisters would probably start turning into Asura/Kishin, if my knowledge is correct.

Depends on how, exactly, they were evil, though. I think you only turn into an Asura egg if you eat human souls.

Well maybe these "Kishin" could be the BBEGs. They sure sound evil.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-19, 06:50 PM
Might be a bit dangerous. I think I remember when I watched it that Kishin would cause chaos all over the world if they hatched.

Terry576
2010-10-19, 07:23 PM
"And so the Kishin was vanquished, and the world was safe."

That was the story of Soul Eater. The story of our world.

Of my world. The Kishin, the being of pure insanity was gone, and Shinigami-san had taken us off of high alert.

But, of course, this made the world unsafe. A connection to insanity... It interested some. And those few began to experiment, and experiment. Meister and Weapon alike slowly fell into insanity, and slowly became monstrosities, with the weapon ending as part of the Meister. I am the last one. I am the last of those Meisters.

I am the Kishin.

Creed
2010-10-19, 07:30 PM
"And so the Kishin was vanquished, and the world was safe."

That was the story of Soul Eater. The story of our world.

Of my world. The Kishin, the being of pure insanity was gone, and Shinigami-san had taken us off of high alert.

But, of course, this made the world unsafe. A connection to insanity... It interested some. And those few began to experiment, and experiment. Meister and Weapon alike slowly fell into insanity, and slowly became monstrosities, with the weapon ending as part of the Meister. I am the last one. I am the last of those Meisters.

I am the Kishin.

I AM KISHIN
BY M. NIGHT SHAMALAMANAM!

Terry576
2010-10-23, 02:24 PM
I AM KISHIN
BY M. NIGHT SHAMALAMANAM!

No.

But, all joking aside, we need a base plot.

Character suggestions are now deemed open.

NPCs:

DEATH

Teacher
Appearance: He's got that generic face. A generic height, and the most striking feature are his eyes. One white, one black. He wears glasses and a suit.
Abilities: Class One Meister. Rarely if ever uses a Weapon, but he can attune to most of them. Prefers to use a book that he carries around, which emits the attributes of Weapons onto him.
Backstory: Appears to have known DEATH for quite a long time. Most is unknown about him.

STORY NOTE:

This will be mostly about the students, like the manga. We don't want to have the BITP syndrome, where new players can't do anything because they aren't a high enough grade.

horngeek
2010-10-23, 02:27 PM
One idea for a teacher would be an adult version of Maka.

...I have an idea for a student who's Death's child. Not as badly OCD as Death the Kidd, though. :smalltongue:

She will have Asperger's, though. *is allowed to portray that particular disorder in a comedic way, due to having it*

Creed
2010-10-23, 10:00 PM
Character vomit...

Name: Maske
Appearance: Maske wears a large black cloak and a gasmask while in human form. The gasmask itself muffles and distorts the voice, making the gender of the creature inside unclear.
Abilities: Demon Weapon. Can transform into a large weapon that I suppose can be easily described as a great scimitar. In the sense that it is roughly the size of a greatsword, but a single edged, curved, blade. The blade itself is black tinted with a handle wrapped in red cloth.
Backstory: To come with the game

Dorizzit
2010-10-23, 10:31 PM
But, all joking aside, we need a base plot.

Having an active Kishin is probably a good place to start. Then maybe we can work back from there.

Also, I have a few ideas for characters, would anyone be interested in collaborating with me for a Weapon/Meister pair?

IcemanJRC
2010-10-23, 10:35 PM
Having an active Kishin is probably a good place to start. Then maybe we can work back from there.

Also, I have a few ideas for characters, would anyone be interested in collaborating with me for a Weapon/Meister pair?

I would enjoy some collaboration, I'd prefer to play the weapon, but I'd enjo it.

Creed
2010-10-23, 10:41 PM

I'll work with anyone with my weapon character. But if you want to work with someone else I'll find someone else as well.