PDA

View Full Version : New uses for Potence and Celerity in Vampire the Masquerade??

Brock Samson
2010-10-15, 10:14 AM
I'm currently an 8th Generation Brujah, and at some point in the future it's likely I'll diablerize a lower Gen npc and get to 7th Generation.

What are some examples of Level 6 Discipline uses for Potence And Celerity? I know the book gives the example of Projectile for Celerity (pretty cool) and Imprint for Potence (lame) and a few options for Presence at Level 6.

Any other uses floating around there I didn't see?

Any original ideas people came up with I could ask my storyteller about?

And aren't there "combination disciplines"? What's up with them?

As a side note: I really want to use full Potence + Projectile one day to try to skewer a line of enemies... or cars... or buildings... lol

Brock Samson
2010-10-15, 03:44 PM
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Dingle
2010-10-15, 05:02 PM
short descriptions of available powers, and he books they're from can be found here: Potence (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Potence) Celerity (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Celerity_%28Vampire:_The_Masquerad e%29)
look at those for options or a general Idea of power.
What do you want to do?
Power can be adjusted by fiddling the costs and activation probabilities and actual benefit.

To get a lv6 discipline, you need:
Elegibility for a lv6 discipline (Gen and XP and possibly RPing learning/developing it)
Convince your ST that it is within the scope of the discipline (no amount of strength will make you invisible, but it can allow you to smash cracks in the ground)
Convince your ST that the effect is within the power of a lv6 discipline (no earth splitting)

Any ideas or things you really want to be able to do?
Or are you mostly happy with the book's options?

you probably have some time to think and decide (not 7th gen yet, do you have disciplines at 5 yet?)

Quincunx
2010-10-16, 05:06 AM
Combination disciplines were found in the Dark Ages clanbooks (a set of four books, each grouping together a few clans) and clan-specific. They were also for lower dots than 6, and often quite fun--at least, I had fun. :smallcool: No specific suggestions as those disciplines weren't in the clanbook I owned.

Brock Samson
2010-10-16, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the links Dingle, but I only own the Guide to the Camarilla, Core, and Guide to the Sabbat. Is there anywhere online where you can find the mechanics of what you showed me?

Also, has anyone here made their own Level 6/higher Disciplines that they'd like to share?

Deadmeat.GW
2010-10-17, 07:51 AM
Burning Wrath is a nice one but that is only 3 celerity and 3 potence.

Your attacks cause agravated damage but each attack costs 1 blood point.

Another good one is Fist of Khaine which allows you to strike from a distance with your unarmed attacks and that one is rank 6 potence.

Brock Samson
2010-10-17, 12:43 PM
Nice, is Burning Wrath in a book, or is it homebrewed?

Brock Samson
2010-10-17, 08:10 PM
??? anyone?

comicshorse
2010-10-18, 04:40 PM
I think it is in the second Brujah clanbook but it's definitley official

Deadmeat.GW
2010-10-19, 01:01 PM
Burning Wrath is Brujah clanbook revised, p66.

MonarchAnarch
2010-10-20, 09:39 AM
I know there is a Toreador Auspex 7+Celerity 2 that lets you scan the enemy, and say they are using a sword, you add their combat dots to your melee roll, pretty much ensuring you a win. It was years and years ago when I played and may not remember it 100%. I did one shot a mirror gen7 of myself with a feeding razor that did AGG damage. Oh my ST had no idea what to say. lol

comicshorse
2010-10-21, 10:14 AM
There's a nice Auspex/Celerity combo. When used you can get an impression of how another Vampire's Potence and Celerity compare to yours.
If the combined total of these two Disciplines is lower than yours they feel cold to you ( the colder they are the lower their Potence and Celerity are compared to yours) and if there total exceeds you they feel hot ( again the hotter they feel the more their Potence and Celerity exceed yours).
My Brujah Sherrif considered it invaluable