PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch - Space Hulk(IC)

The Commander
2010-10-15, 03:53 PM
Link to OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171944)

Then:
Months. It had been months since you boarded the black painted thunderhawks of Deathwatch which had in turn ferried you to frigates of great speed and subtlety. You had spent a short time aboard these ships, it's crew of oath-sworn serfs and servitors respectful to you, however silent to any and all questions of time and locations passed. Occasionally you sparred or drilled with the handful of Deathwatch Marines on board, some of which had been from your chapter, however they too remained silent for the most part. Despite not seeing the great Jericho-Maw Warp Gate, you were alerted to it's presence by klaxons and vox alerts and the sudden feeling of being suddenly somewhere else across the galaxy. Despite your training and hardened resolve, it is still somewhat unsettling, especially without the aid of the ship's Gellar Field. The klaxons and vox alerts continue for a short time, signalling the ship's transit through the Well of Night: the deadly area of space in which no ship save for the cruiser class warship of the Adeptus Mechanicus, used as a relay point for passing ships, should tarry for too long. Some time after the klaxons had died down and the ship returned to normal duties, you hear an announcement that you have reached Watch Fortress Erioch: the grand space bastion that serves as Deathwatch's headquarters, it's exact location only known to a few dozen navigators and trusted captains.

Disembarking from the ship is the final reminder that you have left your old life in your old chapter behind; perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently. Other recruits from various Chapters disembark with you and you are led to a small assembly area next to the void dock. You steel yourself as a large Deathwatch Marine approaches you moments after you have all been accounted for. A Blood Angels emblem engraved on his right shoulder pauldron, the rest of his armor black and his left arm silver, incorporated with the Deathwatch emblem; signifying his membership to Deathwatch. His voice has a certain charisma to it and his face it half shadowed by locks of beautiful blonde hair.

"I am Watch Captain Hephaestus. I have been assigned to watch over your training into Deathwatch. I am responsible for recruiting each of you, based on study of your deeds or recommendations from your seniors. You have all been plucked from your Chapters to begin a service in Deathwatch here in the Jericho System. You may return to your Chapter someday to perhaps be called upon again for your skills. Deathwatch Training is an ardous process and some of you may not survive. Fear not, for making it this far you have already proved your courage and faith. Gather what possessions you have, serfs will show you all to your quarters. You will then be assembled in Training Hall C to begin your training. Welcome to Deathwatch Brothers."

After being led away and shown your quarters, which is nothing more than a small room with a raised stone platform for a bed and housings for weapons, armor and keepsakes, you and the rest of the recruits, which had also been housed next to you, made your way to Training Hall C.

What you experienced during training is best left untold. What you thought were ardous trials beforehand to merely join the Adeptus Astartes were trivial compared to the trials of Deathwatch training. Long weeks you were forced to study countless varients of Xenos without sleep or sustinance. Live combat simulations were you had nothing but a combat knife to battle some deadly Death world creature. Countless days you spent drilling with your fellow recruits in countless combat situations. Not all of your fellow recruits survived and their loss was mourned, only to be replaced with a burning determination to survive where others failed. All of these storms were weathered against you and yet you emerged triumphant. It was a day of great pride for you and the other recruits who survived training to have your armor painted black, the Deathwatch emblem engraved on your left shoulder pauldron, and to be welcomed into the ranks of Deathwatch by your Watch Captain. The final part of your induction into the ranks of Deathwatch was done solely by yourself, as you were brought before the giant adamantine plated doors of the Omega Vault and took the Oath of Vigil. In quiet contemplation upon completion of the Oath, you wondered what lies beyond these sealed vaults, what mysteries they contain and whether or not those mysteries should ever be revealed. You then left the Vault to meditate on your Oath.

After your kill-team was formed, you spent some time at Watch Fortress Eroich, training with them, exchanging stories of battles gone by and the deeds you have performed and solidifying your brotherhood to one-another. You are known as Kill-Team Alpha-Theta Primus.

After a few weeks, your kill-team is called to take up Vigil on Watch Station Arkhas: A small space station travelling on the outskirts of the Arkhas system. The journey is made somewhat unsettling as Vox communication and Astropathic messages become harder and harder to perform as your transport bears closer to the Shadow of the Warp caused by the nearby Hive Fleet Dagon. Once you arrive at the station, you relieve the current Watch consisting of half a dozen Marines who board your transport as you disembark and settle into your new home for the time being.

On the station with you is Astropath Varrus: An experienced and reliable Astropath. With the Shadow of the Warp growing stronger everyday, his Astropathic messages have become harder to receive and send and it is up to patrols to keep the station updated as most of the augurs are awash with static. Also aboard is Watch Captain Lazarus, a Space Wolf who has remained on the station for half a dozen Vigils and who takes command of your Kill-Team once you arrive. Finally, two other Deathwatch Marines are also present; however they are rarely seen as they patrol the Arkhas system in small and fast patrol craft, staying only briefly at the station to rest, to report and to have their patrol craft resupplied.

Now:
You have spent nearly two weeks aboard Watch Station Arkhas. During that time you have consulted the Augurs daily and drilled with your Brothers in the tiny training hall aboard the station. Watch Captain Lazarus has also taught you a thing or two about explosives and how to interact with tech in your time here. (If you haven't already, add Demolitions and Tech-Use as Trained Advanced Skills). You are consulting the Augurs yet again as part of your daily duties when Brother Polarus, one of the two Deathwatch Patrol Marines and an Ultramarine, Voxs his return to the station with news of great importance. You gather in the small meeting chamber once he arrives and he shares his report with you.

"Watch Captain Lazarus, Kill-Team Alpha-Theta Primus, I bring urgent news that requires immediate action. On patrol through the Arkhas system, my patrol craft picked up readings from an unidentified ship heading for one of the inhabited planets of the Arkhas system. Upon closer inspection I identified the ship as a ship thought lost to the Tyranids. Sir, it is one of the Imperial ships of Battlegroup Argo of the Orpheus Salient."

Watch Captain Lazarus surrenders a brief moment of utter shock before returning to a calm and collected demeanour. "Are you certain, Brother?"

"I am indeed, Watch Captain. I know not why or how, but the ship has been set on a collision course for the planet Arkhas Prime and any attempt made to contact it has returned nothing but static or an automated distress signal. Based on current speeds the ship will impact the planet in 3 standard days."

"This is most troubling. Arkhas Prime is the main staging ground of Imperial forces in this system. If it falls, this system will be left wide open for an attack by the Tyranids. It would also be a great loss not to seize this opportunity to download the ship's logs. Thank you for bringing us this news, Brother. Be ready to transport your Brothers to the hulk in a moment."

Lazarus turns to address you. "We cannot trust the Imperial forces in the sector to deal with this problem effectively, Brothers. We must therefore dispatch you to avert this possible disaster. Your Primary Objective is to stop the hulk from impacting the planet of Arkhas Prime by any means necessary. If you must, destory the ship entirely. Your Secondary Objectives are to download the ship's data logs and, if possible, find some way to keep the ship intact and salvageable whilst avoiding impacting Arkhas Prime. Your Tertiary Objectives are to cleanse any hostiles aboard and send out an alert to the Imperial Fleet stationed in the Arkhas System so that they might salvage the ship... or the debris. For this mission, I believe a Requisition of 100 is sufficient. Decide on your wargear, ask questions, decide who should lead you in this mission and take an Oath, then make haste to the hulk. Time is of the essence." Lazarus then falls silent, waiting for you to speak.

Summary:
Primary Objective: Stop the hulk from impacting Arkhas Prime
Secondary Objective: Keep the hulk intact (at least 75% intact would be reasonable)
Secondary Objective: Download the ship's data logs
Tertiary Objective: Cleanse any hostiles onboard
Tertiary Objective: Alert the Imperial Fleet of the situation
Requisition: 100
Ask questions, pick a leader, pick an Oath and arm up.
For ammunition, you can feasibly carry 6 mags on you, not including mags already in your weapons. Pistol mags count as .5 of the total 6, Basic mags count as 1 and Heavy mags count as 2. You can also feasibly carry 10 grenades in total (not including your starter grenades, so on top of your starter grenades you can pick 4 more).

Executus
2010-10-15, 05:27 PM
Arkio of the Blood Angels stands before the Watch-Captain clad in the ebon armor of the Deathwatch with his head bare. Shoulder-length blond hair framing a face that looks to have been carved from marble. Angular cheekbones and nose set below piercing blue eyes give him the appearance of an angel, just like the legendary Primarch, and hints at a beatific calm. Cracks form in that image when studied more closely. A fire rages behind his eyes, revealing a barely contained rage.

When the briefing finishes, Arkio comes to life. His movements mercurial and smooth, the fiery marine step forward. Highly animated, he raises a fist and begins speaking. "Captain, we will not fail in this endeavor. If the vile tyranids infest that glorious ship, we will crush them under foot. By Sangunius, I swear that Arkhas system will remain safe! Ready the Thunderhawk, and let us be off!"

He touches the blood drop pendant hung from his neck to his lips, and makes the sign of the Aquilla, before gliding back into line, like a great hunting cat.

Ceridan
2010-10-15, 07:34 PM
“Aye, a grand and worthy mission for the likes of our kill team!” Sven replies, slamming his fist down onto the table.

“A few questions for ye watch captain. What class of ship is it? Did the scans pick up trace atmosphere in the ship? How badly was she damaged? How are we to get aboard, and get out again?” He asks, stroking his beard thoughtfully.

Rizhail
2010-10-15, 09:13 PM
Magni grins, fangs barely showing, while he nods in agreement with his chapter brother's statement. He let's the rune priest speak first out of respect, before adding a few questions of his own.

"What sort of ordinance does the vessel normally carry? What kind of crew numbers, specifically armsmen and enginseers, did she carry before she was lost? And do we have any intelligence on codes, rituals, or what have you for taking control of her? Seeing as none of us are Iron Priests, we will need such knowledge if we want to save the vessel. And I would like a data slate with key points for demolitions in case destruction is necessary, if at all possible."

Magni quiets for a moment while stroking his unkempt beard, seemingly deep in thought while waiting for answers from the captain.

The Commander
2010-10-15, 09:55 PM
"These questions would be better directed to Brother Polarus, fellow Wolf. As for your insertion and extraction method, Brother Polarus is tasked with finding you a suitable insertion point aboard one of our patrol craft. He will then follow closely alongside the hulk in his patrol craft, ready for your extraction call. Should you find another way to leave the ship, such as by escape pod, Brother Polarus will do his best to pick you up. Isn't that right, Polarus?" The Watch Captain asks.

Brother Polarus nods in agreement and responds thusly: "I have many weeks worth of void time on these patrol craft. Worry not Brothers, you are in safe and expedient hands. I propose an insertion point in the Starboard Hanger of Deck 18. It appeared the most intact from visual and structural scans. The ship type is that of a Retribution Class Battleship."

As Polarus speaks, he moves over to a cogitator and engages the small array of hololith projectors next to it. The image first displayed is that of a ruined Retribution Class Battleship with large scars, tears and craters in it's otherwise impressive hull. It's paint has all but been stripped away and it is nothing more than a grey hulk of it's former glory.

Image of a Retribution Class Battleship:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/094/9/0/Imperial_Battleship_by_The_First_Magelord.jpg

"As you may or may not know, Battlegroup Argo, under the command of General Curas, charged into the then unknown Tyranid threat of Hive Fleet Dagon when the Orpheus Salient Crusade was at it's peak. What exactly happened when the Battlegroup met the Tyranid threat is largely unknown although garbled and insane reports from survivors later executed for cowardice suggested that the fleet was lost: destroyed to the last. There were rumours from the systems closest to the advancing Tyranid threat that there were sightings of the Battlegroup, but nothing was ever confirmed. It seems the rumours were true, however, as scans have identified the ship as one of General Curas' vanguard ships of the Battlegroup; 'The Unshakable Faith'.

Outside scans of the vessel have shown few pockets of atmosphere, although deeper scans were not possible due to interference possibly caused by Tyranid infestation. As far as the extent of the damage goes, I can only give you an external report. The Bridge is damaged and is open to space. It may be possible to put void shields in place however. Engines 1, 3 and 6 are destroyed, leaving you with engines 2 and 4 portside and engines 5, 7 and 8 starboardside still intact, but not operational. External weapon systems have been destroyed to the last. Several tears in the hull that extend a few decks deep dotted all around the ship. She's ravaged, Brother. There's no telling what the internal damage is like.

With the weapon batteries all but destroyed, the only possible ordinance that remains are the Torpedoes; however I cannot confirm their status. Crew numbers were estimated to be around 2,000,000, with about 1,000,000 armsmen and 50,000 Enginseers around the time of her last crew count. I shall download the relevant codes now...."

Polarus types some commands into his cogitator and inserts a handful of dataslates into the machine. After a moment, he removes them and hands them out to you.

"These codes should allow you access to the entire ship, assuming it's systems are not too damaged. You may have to find a functioning servitor to repair damage. Unfortunately we can spare none here at the Watch Station and any we request from Watch Fortress Erioch will take too long to reach here. I have downloaded structural weak points based on my external scans and schematics of the vessel, however I believe your best bet for outright destroying the vessel would be to either place a heavy concentration of demolitions in the Torpedo Hold, assuming there is suitable ordinance left, or a heavy concentration of demolitions at the ship's Warp Drive Generator."

(After much thought again, I've decided to give each of you Tech-Use as a Trained Advanced Skill. I think it'd be a far more enjoyable adventure if you each had as many options open to you as possible. Posting that OOC too.)

Rizhail
2010-10-15, 10:16 PM
Magni considers Polarus' words for a moment. "Lots of damage means the corridors may be tighter than expected, and if this vessel is the remnant of a battle with the planet devouring abominations..." The wolf's eyes narrow for a moment. "Brothers, I expect we will need weapons that can clear the halls with efficiency. If the tyranids have infested the vessel's interior, then flamers and a heavy bolter or missile launcher would be advisable. At least with our armor and no expectation of atmosphere, we do not have to worry about penetrating the hull."

Ceridan
2010-10-15, 11:58 PM
Sven graces the others with a feral grin. "Well, I can call upon the fires of Fenris if the need arises. Should be more than enough to crisp those bugs."

Executus
2010-10-16, 12:08 AM
Arkio lets out a haughty laugh. "Fear not, little wolf. You can stand behind me. The Blood of Sangunius courses through my veins, and that strength is enough to face any xenos scum."

RogueTrader
2010-10-16, 01:07 AM
Caleb stands in the back of the briefing room, pouring over the data slate and staying oddly quiet for a Space Marine. After reading enough, he replaces the slate among his possessions and then snaps off a salute to the group at large. "I cannot believe that the trajectory of the Unshakable Faith is accidental; we must assume that there is a malicious intelligent force aboard intent on using it as a weapon against Arkhas Prime in preparation for a large-scale invasion of the region. I have not dealt extensively with Tyranids and cannot speculate whether they have the capacity to pull off such a feat, but it matters little if it is them or another force, they must be stopped all the same."

Caleb moves up to the display of the Faith's damaged exterior, pointing to the potentially still salvageable engines. "While we must be ready to destroy this vessel if necessary, I am not convinced that it will be so. We have dozens of hours and millions of kilometers of wiggle room here, and all we need do is foul the trajectory of the craft and it will miss the planet by tens of millions of kilometers. If we can activate any of these engines, we could fire a burst that will change our heading and send us into deep space, sparing the planet and buying us time to clear the Faith of any foul Xenos that may be aboard. A risky venture, but surely the prospect of returning so fine a craft to the Emperor's service is worth such a risk."

Ceridan
2010-10-16, 01:07 AM
"Hah!" Sven replied to the slight made at his Chapter Brother's expense. He turned to the Blood Angel, locking him in an icey blue glare, smilling all the while. "This one has fire in his veins he does. That's good, but be careful lad, some of the wolves don't respond well to such taunts. Besides, I'm sure there are enough 'nids to go around."

Rizhail
2010-10-16, 12:43 PM
Magni's grin widens at Arkio's comment. "Aye, his blood runs in your veins, but dive into a swarm of the bugs before it has been thinned a bit, and that blood will be running on the walls, too."

Looking around for a moment, the wolf leans over the table. "Unless anyone has more questions before we get to saving the day and purging 'nids, I would say it is time to organize our team and gear and get to it. As such, I am nominating our brother Valerius for the role of kill-team leader. He has the mind and experience for it, and a more offensive tactical mindset strikes me as best for a mission like this."

Harkonne
2010-10-16, 02:21 PM
Scipio knelt is silent contemplation, his eyes alternately scanning his dog-eared copy of the Codex Astartes and reports of their mission to come, committing both to memory. He hadn't engaged on such a task since his days as a scout, and then he was secure in the knowledge that squads of seasoned battle-brothers, nearly an entire company worth, marched the decks beside him. But now he stood with a select and elite few, and he felt confident in each, and in himself.

Almost reverently closing the Codex before him the ultramarine rose and looked at his brothers. Once again he was struck by how different they were from those of his home, but he knew well the benefits such diverse skills and experiences could bring. He smiled despite himself. He was actually looking forward to this.

"I thank you Brother Magni, I shall endeavor to prove myself worthy of your faith in me," he said as he joined the others. "And I believe Brother Lionus is correct in his estimations about the nature of our foe, and how best to deal with it. Putting the vessel off its course as soon as possible will spare the planet, but it will also provide us with time to fully cleanse the ship and bring it back to faithful service."

Executus
2010-10-16, 02:51 PM
Sneering at the minor slight to his honor, Arkio casually pats the pommel of his chainsword, and his voice becomes distant, as if he is remembering something. "Indeed, my blood may spill onto the walls of this craft, but it will be as a sanctification, washing away the foul xenos taint cast off from the teeth of my sword. I do not fear death. The Primarch's sacred blood has shown me the moment of my death, and there was no silver on my black armor..."

Seeming to start awake from his reverie, the fire returns to his eyes and he suddenly turns back to the group, a movement too fast for the eye to follow. "But, I agree with Magni. Let us be on our way. Every moment the xenos live is a slight against Humanity and our honor. I will follow Brother Scipio, if he will take up the mantle to lead us to glory."

Ceridan
2010-10-16, 08:03 PM
"On that we can all agree." Sven said as he stood. "Scipio is the right brother for the job, so what oath do you advocate?"

Sven opened one of his mammoth hide pouches and produced a small wooden box inset with silver runes. ”I would advise that we also consult the ‘All-Father’ on the mission at hand. What question would you ask, brother Scipio?" He opened the box and carefully removed his deck of the Emperor’s tarot, the wafer thin crystal cards sparkled in the chambers lights.

Requisition
2 req. Fire selector for Bolt Pistol.
30 req. x2 Metal storm clips for bolter.
5 req. x2 Kraken clips for Bolt Pistol.
8 req. Astartes Harness.
6 req. Wolf Tooth Necklace (Charm).
12 req. Auspex.
20 req. x2 Demolition Charges.
10 req. x2 Cluster Mines.
2 req. x2 Extra Frag Grenades.
2 req. x2 Extra Krak Grenades.

Total req. spent: 97
Extra req. for squad: 3

RogueTrader
2010-10-17, 02:17 PM
Caleb rolls his eyes inside his helmet at the sight of the Augury ritual. Not that he doesn't appreciate the potency of Psykers; far from it, he has seen first hand the result of what a Librarian Brother can do to the bodies and minds of their foes. But to ask the evil Warp to inform them of their enemies? That seems more cheating and unsporting than anything else. Besides, it may lead to false confidence on the part of the brothers; better to go in knowingly blind than to think a falsehood about the enemies composition.

Caleb grabs his equipment from his personnel collection, the armory, and the medical center; he gets the feeling that he's going to need to stay on his toes to keep his Battle Brothers alive and fighting this mission. That collected, he returns to the Launch Bay and straps himself into the transport, meditating and preparing for the battle ahead...

EQUIPMENT LOADOUT:

Astares Power Armor (10 Body, 8 Head/Arms/Legs) = +20 Str; Dark Sight; Immune to Flash/Stun Grenades; Called Shots are Half Actions; +10 to Sight/Hearing Awareness Tests (+20 Total with Heightened Senses); VoxLink; Magboots; Can operate 2 Weeks independantly; Hulking Size; Can fire Basic weapons 1 Handed without penalty; Enemies gain no bonus for Ganging Up; Delecate dexterity tasks suffer -10 unless using Space Marine Equipment; Environmentally Sealed
Astares Bolt Pistol (30m; S/3/-; 2d10+5X; 5Pen; 14 Clip; Full Reload; Tearing); 2 Spare Clips (28 Spare - 14 In the Gun)
Astares Bolter with Fire Selector (100m; S/2/4; 2d10+5X; 5Pen; 28 Clip; Full Reload; Tearing); 5 Spare Clips (140 Spare - 28 In the Gun)
7x Astares Frag Grenades (24m; 2d10X; 0Pen; Blast(5))
3x Astares Krak Grenades (24m; 3d10+4X; 6Pen)
Astares Combat Knife (1d10+2(10 Total)R; 2Pen)
Repair Cement
Ceremonial Robes (+3 Scrutiny)
Reductor
Narthecium (+10 Medicae; Doubles damage healed by First Aid; additional (pg173))
20x Doses of De-Tox
20x Doses of Resuscitex
Auspex
Combi-Tool
Demolition Charge
Diagnostor Helmet

Executus
2010-10-17, 03:01 PM
Seeing the briefing is coming to an end, Arkio exits the room and heads to the armory. Arkio, like many Blood Angels, believes strongly in prophecy, so he is curious what they might see ahead. But, knowing it is often a private matter, he leaves the Librarian and the team leader to their augury.

At the armory, the hot-headed assault marine collects his typical paired chainswords as well as a heavy demolitions kit, in anticipation of the need to breach or otherwise disable the massive ship.

"I should go back to my quarters to perform a cleansing, but there is no time...I'll recite the litanies on route, but for now, Sanguinius, guide my arm as I fight the xenos!" With that, Arkio speeds to the transport and joins Caleb in waiting for launch.

Requisition spent: 107

Flamer - 10
1 Frag, 3 Krak Grenades - 4
Chainsword - 5
Fire selector for bolt pistol - 2
Hellfire magazine x 2 - 25
Melta bomb x 1 - 25
Charm - 6 (Blood Drop Pendant)
Demo charge x 2- 20
10 standard pistol magazines
Vox Unit - 10

Harkonne
2010-10-18, 07:57 PM
Scipio watched as the other left to prepare themselves for the tribulations to come. He knew that shortly he would have to gather his effects as well, as time was of the essence.

He turned his attention to the librarian before him, or rather "Rune Priest", as the Wolves of Fenris preferred to call them. His eyes looked to the cards and he suppressed a shiver threatening to run his spine. He was used to such psyker-warriors; his own Ultramarines used them as well, and to great effect, but there was something unnatural about them. Even revered Tigerius, without whom Macragge, and possibly the whole chapter, would be lost to the maw of the Hive Fleets, was somewhat unsettling.

Masking his slight discomfort and taking solace in the proven aptitude and strength of the wolf, Scipio asked his question, "I would ask what will oppose us on the Unshakable Faith." He kept the question brief, for he did not know the ways of the warp.

OOC:
Loadout:

Harness
Laurel Wreath (Charm)
Demolition Charges
Preysense Sight
Chainsword
Melta Bomb
Chrono
Metal Storm Rounds Magazine (2)
Hellfire Rounds Magazine (1)
Bolter Magazines (4)
Bolt Pistol Magazines (2)
Codex Astartes
Mark VIII "Errant" Power Armor
Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenades (5)
Krak Grenades (5)
Combat Knife
Repair Cement
Cingulum (+3 to Tests to regain or prevent Cohesion Damage)
Bolter with Fire Selector

Requisition Used: 95

The Commander
2010-10-18, 09:07 PM
Seeing that most, if not all, questions have been answered, Watch Captain Lazarus wishes you luck in your mission and you and Polarus make your way to a readied Patrol Craft.

With the help of Polarus, you safely secure your gear on board and strap in with Polarus at the helm. He awakens the machine spirits that govern the engines, although waits for the remaining members of your Kill-Team.

Scipio and Sven
(OOC: I'm going to assume you're performing Augury Fettered, since Unfettered gains you no benefits whatsoever and Pushing it will only gain you slightly more information, although I doubt you want to be causing possible Perils of the Warp without having even started the mission. Having said that, it would be hilarious to have a Daemon Prince spawn inside the tiny Watch Station! Since you have no chance getting Psychic Phenomena and, even though time is of the essense, you have the time, you succeed at performing the power)

As the question is asked, Sven closes his eyes and instructs Scipio to do the same. His hands then wander over the Emperor's Tarot, searching the Warp for an answer to manifest itself in the cards. His hand is then guided to four cards, which he then turns over and lays out in an order. The first card shows a Space Marine, clad in grand armor. The second card shows a Hulk. This signifies that the answer lies within the Hulk and is revealed when you yourselves are there. The third card drawn is that of an Inverted Baron, with servants kneeling at his feet, atop a wooden Throne; it's original meaning Inverted. The fourth card displays a world devoid of life, a dark shadow over it, a shattered world. This signifies that the answer is a solitary leader, not of Imperial lineage, whose influence shadows worlds and consumes them. Concentrating hard on these cards, Sven's psychic vision is suddenly assaulted by a an overwhelming hunger and the screams of thousands of psychic voices. This assault quickly breaks Sven's concentration and you are left to ponder it's meaning.

(Being deliberately vague, but I think I left you enough clues)

Ceridan
2010-10-19, 12:09 AM
Sven nodded to himself as he stood. “Genestealers would be my guess, surprising as that is, probable a patriarch or broodlord on board. Should be an epic fight, us without terminator armour all, even worthy of a saga perhaps.” He collected his tarot deck and returned it to its box, and back into the pouch. Smiling at the glory to come, he went to gather his gear and join the others on the ship.

Executus
2010-10-19, 01:40 PM
Interrupted in his pre-battle rituals by the arrival of the stragglers, Arkio looks up with determination in his eyes. "Hurry along, brothers! We cannot delay. By the Will of the Emperor, we have a planet to save and a xenos infestation to crush." His voice becomes low and dangerous. "This will be a good day..."

Rizhail
2010-10-19, 06:09 PM
It has been far too long since I have accompanied others on a mission. And even longer since I last fought in power armor, despite our recent training.

Magni spends some time gathering his equipment, weighing his options carefully as he considers gearing for a sort of mission he hasn't taken part in in decades. Moving somewhat uncomfortably in his power armor, he arrives with his gear to the craft late, just before Sven and Scipio.

"Such fire, brother! We are here now, so you can save it for the enemies who inevitably await us," he says with a grin, finding Arkio's zeal refreshing. "I have known Blood Claw packs who were not so anxious to meet the foe as you."

OOC:

Full loadout, and sorry for the delay on posting yesterday. Monday's have a bad habit of running long on school and lab work for me.

Power armor
Totem of the Sun Wolf (+3 awareness) (chapter trapping)
Repair Cement
Harness
Auspex
Stummer
grenades
-6 frag, 4 krak
melta bomb
Bolt pistol
-1 mag loaded, 2 spare
Bolter
-fire selector, preysense sight
-Loaded magazines: 1 standard, 1 hellfire, 1 metal storm
-Spare magazines: 3 standard, 1 metal storm
Flamer
-1 flask loaded, 1 spare
Combat knife

100 requisition spent

The Commander
2010-10-19, 11:04 PM
(Seeing as it's not terribly important, I'll simply describe your arrival on the Hulk and Scipio and the rest of you can either say you performed the Oath of Glory before you left or you could perform it once you've arrived. Either way, once that's done, this is where you'd be at):

With everyone and their gear aboard, the Patrol Craft hatch locks shut and Polarus pulls the Craft away from the Watch Station before gunning the engines and heading off at speed. He consults some read-outs and some co-ordinate data and makes some micro-adjustments to the flight before leaving the Craft on it's course.

A few hours later Polarus turns and tells you:

"Unshakable Faith sited, bringing you around to Deck 18, Starboard Hangar."

Through the view ports you can make out the ravaged and scarred remains of a Retribution Class Battleship coming into view. Some of you find it hard to continue staring at it without your blood boiling with anger at the loss of such a fine ship; although you find some solace in the fact that it may yet still be salvageable. The Hulk drifts on without the power of engines, as if pushed by some unseen force. Polarus makes a pass over it, performing a quick scan, before coming up alongside it and pulling into an empty hangar. He expertly lands the craft before turning to you.

"I wouldn't wait too long in this hangar, Brothers. Your armor will not protect you from the void indefinately. There is a closed bulkhead on the other side of the hangar. This is a fairly small hangar, likely used for a squadron of fighters, so it shouldn't take long to reach. Once there, use the bulkhead control panel and attempt to override the bulkhead command physically. (Tech-Use Test). Once the bulkhead is open, get inside and close the bulkhead (another Tech-Use Test). I shall do my best to remain in Vox contact with you, but by my estimates as soon as you go more than 500m deeper into the ship I will lose contact with you. My scans have detected nothing new since my last report. I would recommend your first priority is restoring power. This will enable you to place void shields over sections of the ship exposed to space, will restore gravity and will allow you to move freely between the bulkheads. Not only that, but power will be necessary to activate the engines and helm control. It should be noted, however, that restoring power will likely alert whatever presense is aboard this ship to your presense. Be cautious Brothers and good luck!"

You make your way to the depressurisation chamber on the Patrol Craft and as the chamber slowly equalises to the pressure of the void outside, you begin to feel somewhat cold. The door then opens and your mission begins. The bulkhead door Polarus spoke of is roughly 50m ahead of you.

Ceridan
2010-10-20, 12:03 AM
Sven released the restraining harness and stood. He checked the seals on his power armour, and then did the same for his equipment. He found the helmet stifling, but it was better than suffocation.

Walking to the hatch, he reached out with his senses, while waiting for Scipio to assign positions for the operation.

Psyniscience test, need a 56: [roll0]

RogueTrader
2010-10-20, 12:17 AM
With reflexes learned over decades, Caleb pops through the opened hatch, his Bolter held securely in a two handed grip with brace planted squarely against his shoulder in ready firing position. He sprints out several meters, quickly checking sight lines and scanning for the slightest possible immediate danger. Seeing no foul Xenos creatures leap out to tackle him, Marine Lionus pauses with his gun still in ready position as he retrieves his Auspex scanner and does a once-over of the Landing Bay, carefully noting the damaged areas and looking for signs of precisely what happened to this great vessel...

I think I know how to roll here...

Rolling for Awareness (50 Perception + 20 Auspex + 10 Heightened Senses + 10 Power Armor = 90 Target): [roll0]

Rolling Tech-Use to scan for Radiation/Bio Signs/Toxins/etc (60 Int): [roll1]

Executus
2010-10-20, 12:27 AM
Having finished his mental preparations during the voyage here, Arkio is focused on the mission, as he releases his restraints. Drawing his chainswords as he steps off the patrol craft, he quickly thumbs the activation runes to verify their readiness.

Sighting the goal ahead, the hot-headed Blood Angel triggers his jump pack and streaks off to the bulkhead. The jet turbines are eerily silent within the unpressurized hanger. "Securing the entrance," declares Arkio over the squad vox at the apex of his jump. Landing just as silently, he surveys the rest of the hanger.

OOC:

While it's obviously on now, Arkio wears his helmet unless otherwise specified.

Consolidating double post.

Whoops. Replied to the wrong thread.

And...I forgot Commander wants us to roll Awareness ourselves (too used to having the GM do it ).

Awareness 43 +20 (Heightened Senses): 63
(1d100)[2]

The Commander
2010-10-20, 01:20 PM
Sven
You reach out with your mind around you, looking for signs of the Warp; but get nothing.

Caleb
The Zero-G makes it difficult to run and your magnetised boots step heavily on the deck, ensuring you keep anchored to the floor. You spot no dangers in the hangar. Your Bio-Scans pick up large amounts of radiation in the hangar (which is unsurprising when exposed to space), but also trace amounts of bio-matter. (You may perform a Difficult (-10) Medicae Test to identify what kind of bio-matter).

Arkio
Despite the challenges of flying in Zero-G, you manage to land safely (with the aid of your mag boots) on the other side of the hangar. You scan the hangar expertly, but detect no threats. The hangar, as Polarus mentioned, also looks fairly stable, despite the battle that was once waged here.

(OOC: As Executus said, you can roll Awareness Tests yourselves, although I will sometimes roll a secret die to determine random events that might befall you)

Ceridan
2010-10-20, 02:08 PM
Sven followed the others out into the hanger, eyes and ears straining to detect any threat. He moved to join Arkio at the bulkhead.

Awareness, need a 76 or less. [roll0]
Success plus six degrees.

The Commander
2010-10-20, 02:18 PM
Sven
You detect no threats. The hangar is empty.

(Just to let you know, the hangar is completely empty. Anything that would of been in here has been lost to the void ages ago and nothing remains except charred and damaged panels across the floor, ceiling and walls.)

Executus
2010-10-20, 05:30 PM
Satisfied that the hanger is empty, Arkio turns to the control panel and attempts to open it, sheathing one of his swords with a flourish. He normally has no patience for the mysteries of the Machine God, but the Deathwatch hypnotraining is still fresh in his mind and he is eager to get inside and begin their mission.

OOC:

I'm assuming Poor Manual Dexterity (-10) applies here, so Tech Use: 31
[roll0]

Impatient to be through the door, the Blood Angel fumbles the controls, while the access indicator flashes an angry red. Letting out a frustrated growl, Arkio pounds the thick plate of the door with an angry hammerblow.

Frustration evident in his voice, Arkio calls to his squadmates for assistance. "Warp take this door! Someone come open it before I blow it open."

Rizhail
2010-10-20, 06:13 PM
Content to let his brothers scan for any hidden threats, Magni stalks across the bay toward the door, bolter at the ready. The clanking from his boots ringing inide his power armor is almost enough to cover his muttered curses from being stuck inside a tin can again.

He stops short as Arkio fails to open the door, both with the controls and with his fist. "Here's hoping there is not any atmosphere on the other side of the door, lest anything hear you flailing around and prepare for us," he says with a chuckle as he approaches the control panel himself. Steadying himself, and still not used to working with power armored gauntlets again, Magni attempts to get the door open.

Tech-use, also assuming poor dexterity penalty:

Tech-use: [roll0] vs. 31 (41 base int, -10 penalty)

RogueTrader
2010-10-20, 06:35 PM
"Detecting large amounts of background radiation, and some trace Bio-Matter residue; might have been preserved by the vacuum. I'll try to pin it down..."

Caleb moves forward with the rest of the group as he scans, staying about 15 meters back from the sealed door with his bolter trained dead-center should any unfriendlies be waiting for them.

Medicae (60 Int (Not sure if my Diagnoster Helmet +10 applies)): [roll0]

The Commander
2010-10-20, 06:54 PM
Magni has more luck operating the bulkhead's manual release than Arkio, who's impatience gets the better of him in this delicate task. (Yes, the delicate procedure would be hampered by your armor). The bulkhead slowly draws open into darkness, enlightened only a short distance from the lights aboard Polarus' Patrol Craft. Despite the obvious lack of sound due to no atmosphere, it is eerily quiet.

Caleb
(OOC: Your Helmet jams... :smallbiggrin: just kidding! Yes it would do in this case as you're scanning the trace biological elements and your helmet would assist you in that endeavor)

The bio-matter is so degraded and in such small quantities that you cannot discern any biological information from it whatsoever. It could be plant bio-matter for all you know.

Ceridan
2010-10-20, 07:28 PM
Sven checked the Bulkhead designation stenciled on the door against the ship schematic on his dataslate to get his baring. "So, are we to get the power flow restored first? If so we need to head aft to the reactors."

Harkonne
2010-10-21, 12:48 AM
Before landing on the Unshakable Faith:

As the small landing craft rumbled under the power of its blessed engines Scipio turned to his battle-brothers, removing his helm and holding it under the crook of his left arm. He took a deep breath of the stale, recycled air and met the gaze of each of his brethren in turn, nodding silently to each as the unspoken bonds of fraternal support were renewed.

"Come my brothers, my fellow astartes, we take now an oath, before the Aquila and each other," he said solemnly.

He bowed his head.

"Thrice-blessed Primarchs, He Who Sits Upon Terra, forever hallowed be thou names, hear now our pledge," he began. "By the knowledge you have taught us we know victory. By the strength you have lent us we know power. By the example you have shown us we know faith.

"Demand of us victory, and we shall deliver. Demand of us power, and we shall deliver. Demand of us faith, and we shall deliver. Demand of us more, and we shall deliver!

"Against foes without mercy, witness us triumph. Amidst those who cry against Him, witness our power. In darkness without light, witness our faith. In the tribulations before us, witness our glory!

"By His will is humanity delivered from the edge. By our actions is humanity delivered from its foes. What we do this day, we do in His name. For honour! For glory! For the Emperor!"

Aboard the Unshakable Faith:

Scipio silently surveys the landing hanger as his brothers secure the area. He makes quiet notes to himself about how they each approach the situation, filing the information for later use. As Brother Magni opens the door to the vacuum of the hall, the Ultramarine looks back to the others. Deftly flicking on the comms inbuilt to his helm he addresses his team, "Form up my brothers, many are the tactics favored by Xenos and heretic alike. Brother Magni, you shall take point, Brother Sven, you beside him. Brother Arkio, I want you in the rearguard," he smiled beneath his helm. "Woe to whatever warpspawn thinks itself clever enough to attack us from behind."

Sweeping his bolter before him as he advanced to the open entry hatch he looked to Brother Sven. "Reactivating the engines is our best bet, but regardless we shall need to power the ship, so the reactors is our first stop," he said. "Brother Lionus, maintain vigilance on that auspex, there are plenty of ambush locations in an intact battleship, I imagine many more in one in so poor shape."

He looked to his brothers, resplendent in their somber black. "Move our brothers, the Emperor protects."

OOC:
I don't know which direction the reactors are in, but I assume we do as we've all been given schematics of the vessel, to Scipio will order them in that direction.

RogueTrader
2010-10-21, 12:52 AM
Onward to the Reactors! Let's hope I'm just getting my horrible rolls out before we're fighting for our lives. *resumes drinking heavily*

Ceridan
2010-10-21, 01:16 AM
"Aye brother," he replied. Bolter in his left hand, Force Sword in his right, Sven advanced down the left side of the hall, searching for targets.

Executus
2010-10-21, 09:37 AM
Slightly disappointed with being kept in the rear, Arkio acknowledges the order with gritted teeth. "Acknowledged. Closing airlock."

OOC:

I'm assuming Scipio's commands constitute us joining Squad mode (it does just take a Full Action in the worst case).

How wide/high are the hallways? I just wondering if Arkio would be able to jump over/past the squad, if need be.

Tech Use: 31
[roll0]
I guess if he fails, he'll try again until successful.
Ha! Apparently, he learned something from watching Magni.

This time the door panel responds easily to his input. As the airlock closes, Arkio draws his pistol, verifies the extended box magazine is loaded, and flicks the fire selector to hellfire rounds, a chainsword ready in his right hand. He then stalks after the rest of the squad.

Rizhail
2010-10-21, 10:30 PM
Magni sweeps the hall past the door, bolter up and keeping in line with his eyes. He acknowledges Scipio's order with a quick "Aye" as he focuses for a moment on the hall ahead.

Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 heightened senses, +10 from auto-senses)

Awareness (hearing): [roll1] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 heightened senses, +10 from auto-senses)

Well, if only we could go without helmets in a void and not die, I could utilize my wolf senses and re-roll that. :smalltongue:

The scout switches channels on his vox for a moment, to just himself and Sven. "Moments into the mission and the Sons of Russ are at the head of the pack. We would not have it any other way, aye?" he whispers, his smile evident in his tone.

Ceridan
2010-10-21, 11:18 PM
"Aye," Sven replies with a chuckle over the private frequency. "We will need to keep a weather eye on that lad Akiro I fear. Acts like a blood claw before his first battle that one does."

Awareness test for sight, need a 76: [roll0]
Awareness test for hearing, need a 76: [roll1]

The Commander
2010-10-22, 12:43 AM
(Everyone, unless they specify otherwise, is in Squad Mode, Squad Cohesion is 7, I believe...)

The bulkhead slams shut behind Arkio and you make your way into the bowels of the ship. Moments later, Polarus' voice comes in over the Vox.

"Vox Check. Maintaining a short distance from the Unshakable Faith."

Your boots clunk heavily against the metal panels of the floor as your magnetised boots keep you anchored. Aside from the clunking of your own boots inside your armor and the quiet blips and whirs of your power armor, all is quiet. (Atmosphere hasn't been restored, so Hearing tests automatically fail)

Scanning the area for targets or threats in the darkness yields nothing and you continue on your path towards the reactors, consulting the ship schematics every now and then. Polarus also checks in with you every now and then, each time he does the Vox link more static filled than before until it finally cuts out completely after about 15 minutes walk into the Hulk.

Despite the majority of the corridors being somewhat large enough for about 3 of you to easily stand shoulder to shoulder, the space feels cramped and shapes almost seem to phase into and out of the shadows around you. A lesser man would of gone mad by now; but not you. You continue on your journey for another hour; alone, you think, for now.

(Brother Magni, make a Sight Awareness test, this is a new test not linked to the one you made earlier)

Rizhail
2010-10-22, 08:33 AM
Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 heightened senses, +10 auto-senses)

Assuming no penalties, I'm just shy of three degrees of success. So close!

The Commander
2010-10-22, 08:40 AM
On your way towards the ship's Genatorium, Brother Magni stops suddenly. Caught against a loose panel is a deactivated Servo Skull. Another step and Brother Magni would surely have stepped on it. The Skull looks fairly intact and it must have deactivated itself upon it's purpose and masters becoming non-existant. You believe you can reactivate it.

(Tech-Use Test, it's a delicate procedure, so -10)

Executus
2010-10-22, 09:13 AM
Continuing to act as rearguard, Arkio follows along at the back of the formation.
"Clear behind. Any contact on the auspex?"

OOC:

I suppose I should check before declaring it all clear, but I meh. :smallbiggrin:

Awareness (sight): 63
[roll0]

See? He thinks it's clear, whether it is or not. :smallwink:

Rizhail
2010-10-22, 09:25 AM
Bolter held in one hand, still facing down the corridor, Magni kneels down and very carefully picks up the servo skull. Letting Sven hold point for a moment, he steps back and holds it out to Caleb. "Found this on the floor. I expect it might be able to tell us something useful if reactivated, but I get the feeling a more precise touch is needed. Care to try your hand at it, brother?" He speaks in his normal, relaxed way, despite being a wolf talking to a dark angel.

RogueTrader
2010-10-22, 02:48 PM
Caleb accepts the ServoSkull with a brief nod and then sets about to working on it. He replaces his Auspex with a CombiTool, flips it open to the finer electrical tools, and starts to poke and prod the inner electrical workings of the skull, reading the runes resoddering the severed wires...

Tech Use (60 Int - 10 Fine Detail + 10 Combi Tool) = [roll0]

The Commander
2010-10-22, 04:24 PM
Arkio
You spot no threats and come to a halt as the others do, continuing to scan the darkness from whence you came.

Caleb
The Servo Skull remains lifeless in your hands. You're not sure if it can ever be reactivated, having spent probably a great deal of time deactivated and left to survive unaided in the airless, cold corridor.

RogueTrader
2010-10-22, 04:28 PM
Sighing, Caleb attaches the ServoSkull to his belt and replaces his CombiTool, "Brothers, I am afraid the skull is beyond my expertise. I shall work on it further once we have cleared this ship of enemies and we have returned to our posts, but for now we must look elsewhere for information." Caleb rehefts his bolter with both hands, promising himself that he will not fail again when tasked with restarting the reactors...

The Commander
2010-10-22, 04:49 PM
Several more minutes walking later, you come across a collapsed part of corridor, making progress further impossible. You consult the ship schematics and discover 3 feasible options:

1 - Use a demolition charge to clear the corridor, you believe that this far into the ship wouldn't cause too much of a loss of structural integrity

2 - Head around it and through a large cargo hold

3 - Head around it and through the ship's main medicae facility

RogueTrader
2010-10-22, 04:56 PM
Considering the options, Caleb makes a recommendation directed towards the Squad Leader, "Sir, if we observe the state of this ship's Medicae Facility, we may find clues as to what brought about this ship's demise."

Executus
2010-10-22, 05:25 PM
"Going through the cargo hold would likely leave us quite exposed, or in a maze of cargo crates. Either would be an excellent place for an ambush. Using an explosive could alert the xenos to our presence. While I relish the opportunity to whet my blades against our enemy, we have much to do before cleansing this place of their filth. Allowing them to prepare for us can only result in further delays."

OOC:

While there may be no sound without atmosphere, an explosion could send vibrations through the structure itself.

Rizhail
2010-10-22, 09:39 PM
"My experience as a Wolf Scout forces me to agree with Caleb and Arkio. The vibrations from an explosion, and the potential for ambush in the cargo hold, make me think the medicae area is best for us. Your call, of course, but that is my advice." Magni looks around the debris, trying to get a sense for what specifically caused the block while he speaks.

Awareness (sight): trying to figure out whether the block is caused by normal damage or some sort of weapon fire or something.

[roll0] vs. 68 (40 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

Ceridan
2010-10-22, 09:42 PM
"Akiro's right, Caleb's plan is the best one we have," agreeing with the Dark Angel left a bad taste in his mouth.

The Commander
2010-10-23, 05:32 AM
Magni
Studying the debris and area around it, you determine that the corridor was brought down by an explosive. Further study concludes that the explosive wasn't intended to bring down the corridor or whatever caused it was untrained or had little time to prepare a proper explosion. An act of desperation, perhaps? But to what end? These are answers you do not have.

Harkonne
2010-10-23, 10:13 AM
Scipio listened to his team, all the while looking the debris before him. He still hoped to return the limping giant back into loyal and faithful Imperial hands, and he preferred to do it with minimal extra damage from his end, so he was glad to see his brothers reaching a similar conclusion.

Nodding his head and sweeping his bolter down their new path the Ultramarine said, "I agree, we head to the medicae for now. Brother Caleb, when we arrive at the medicae I want you to see if there is anyway to re-activate that skull. I want to know what happened here. Move out my brothers."

Ceridan
2010-10-23, 11:01 AM
Sven acknowledged the order with a simple "Aye." He took up position in the front of the squad on the left side of the corridor and moved out, bolter sweeping for targets.

Rizhail
2010-10-23, 01:17 PM
Magni keeps point as he moves toward the medicae facility, keeping an eye out for anything ahead. "That debris was caused by an explosion, and it does not appear to have been one meant to collapse a corridor. It appears whatever happened there, involved someone using an explosive weapon inside a ship without care for damage or proper procedure."

"Keep your metal storm shells ready. Considering the circumstances, I expect to encounter enough 'nids to convince a trained naval rating to use explosives in the one place no one ever should."

__________________________________________________ _______

On the way to the medicae facility, Magni continues to sweep the area ahead for trouble, while also looking for any more signs of odd damage or potential clues to what happened.

Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

The Commander
2010-10-23, 02:55 PM
You head around the blockage and towards the Medicae facility. So far, your journey has been completely void of any signs of hostiles; as if the ship were inhabited by only ghosts and sent on it's path by sheer coincidence. But you are Deathwatch; there are no such things as coincidences. As you reach the bulkhead door to the ship's main Medicae facility, there is a small, green light beside the control panel; indicating that not only is the bulkhead powered, but also the room beyond has survivable atmosphere. It's possible this is a result of backup power being directed to the ship's critical stations, although it could also be that the flow of power has been deliberately transferred here. You cannot be sure.

(Bulkhead is powered, so no need to make a Tech-Use Test to open it)

Harkonne
2010-10-23, 03:53 PM
Scipio looked back to his Dark Angel brother. "Brother Caleb, what does your auspex tell you?" he intoned over the vox. He knew the insidious and insect-like tyranids were often capable of deceiving the spirit of auspexes and other such devices, but any additional information about what lay beyond could well prove useful.

Looking at the somewhat cramped corridors and limited space, the Ultramarine figured there was little chance the medicae would be much more open, which meant any conflicts within would be brutal and close. "Brother Arkio, prepare to clear the room on my command. Brother Sven, you will be our rearguard. Brother Magni, you and I shall provide bolter support for Brother Arkio."

He looked to each of his team. "What remains within the medicae may well prove invaluable to understanding what stands against the Emperor's wrath upon this vessel. Be careful in your aim and the fall of your blows, we need as much of that room intact as possible."

Executus
2010-10-23, 04:50 PM
Arkio positions himself in front of the door eagerly. "Ready," he replies. With chainswords in hand, the Blood Angel tenses before the door.

Ceridan
2010-10-23, 10:58 PM
Sven backed away from the hatch as Akiro slid by him. He took up his new position of rearguard as ordered. On impulse he reached out with his wyrd sight, trying to sense what may lay ahead of the squad on the other side of the closed hatch.

Psyniscience Test at 56: [roll0]

RogueTrader
2010-10-23, 11:59 PM
Caleb silently moves to within a meter of the door, his Bolter in his right hand and set for full-auto. With his left, he carefully adjusts the knobs and activates the beacons on his Auspex, looking for the slightest sign of something out of the ordinary...

C'mon, high rolls...

Awareness (50 Perception + 20 Auspex): [roll0]

Tech-Use to scan for Radiation/Bio Signs/Toxins/etc (60 Int): [roll1]

Rizhail
2010-10-24, 01:21 PM
Magni nods as he steps to one side of the door, making sure to leave himself a way to fire around Arkio once the door opens, should it be necessary. He holds his bolter one handed, his other hand hovering over the activation rune for the door, waiting for Scipio's order.

"If there is good atmosphere on the other side, it would be best to all move in as soon as the door is open, and shut it behind us if the room appears clear. I would hate to see us let all the air out should there be survivors in there."

The Commander
2010-10-24, 05:43 PM
Sven
Whether it is the Warp remaining a mystery to you or whether some force is making it difficult for you to read it's ebbs and flows, you cannot accurately read the area around you for disturbances in the Warp.

Caleb
Unfortunately the density of the bulkhead blocks your Auspex from penetrating into the room to scan for things and the display returns an empty space where the Medicae Facility should be. It seems you will be going in blind...

RogueTrader
2010-10-24, 06:00 PM
Shaking his head, Caleb pockets his Auspex once more and adopts a ready double-grip on his Bolter. "Bulkhead's just too think here, it can't be penetrated. There could be a whole horde of creatures just on the other side; recommend extreme caution." Caleb takes a couple steps back, finding a piece of cover and half leaning out of it, the barrel of his rifle not wavering from the door ahead...

Harkonne
2010-10-24, 06:36 PM
Scipio nodded his helm and leveled his bolter at the portal before him, sighting down the barrel. "Brother Arkio," he says over the vox. "Lead the way."

Executus
2010-10-24, 07:52 PM
Nodding to Magni to activate the door rune, Arkio acknowledges the order. "Acknowledged. Going in." As soon as the door opens, he thunders into the room, searching for enemies.

OOC:

Awareness: 43 +20 = 63
[roll0]

If there's anything bug-like and alive inside, Arkio will Charge it.

Rizhail
2010-10-24, 08:11 PM
Magni punches the activation rune and sweeps into the room behind Arkio, stepping to the side to get a clear lane of fire. Bolter held in both hands, he sweeps for targets, ready to open fire should anything hostile be in the room.

Awareness(sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

Awareness(hearing): [roll1] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

Anything obviously hostile (a tyranid, an ork, whatever we might run into :smalltongue: ) and Magni will fire a shot at it (so long as I don't risk hitting Arkio)

The Commander
2010-10-24, 11:41 PM
Opening the bulkhead causes a sucking scream as the pressurised Medicae Facility begins to rapidly lose pressure. The backup systems quickly react and seal a bulkhead further down the corridor you just came from and the screaming slowly dies.

Long before this though, as soon as the bulkhead opens, you can see dozens of hibernating Hormagaunts, nestled in what look like nests of bone and scraps; in the middle of the ruined Medicae Facility. As the door opens they awake, but not before Arkio, Magni and Scipio have a chance to strike.

(Since they are the first into the room, Arkio, Magni and Scipio get a Surprise Round on the Hormagaunts. Everyone else roll Initiative. Hormagaunt's Initiative is [roll0]. They are a Mag 20 Horde.)

Hormagaunts aside, the Medicae Facility is in ruins and the walls are awash with dried blood. Bio-beds and medical equipment lie strewn and broken everywhere and the surgical lamps dotted around are dull and occasionally flicker under the power of the backup systems. The walls are also heavily scratched and pocket-marked from what you guess is gunfire and scything talons.

Executus
2010-10-24, 11:52 PM
Seeing the foul xenos infesting the room, Arkio snaps into action. Bounding across the room, he crashes into the nearest of them, swinging viciously. "By the Blood! Tyranids!"

OOC:

Initiative for when it's relevant:
[roll0]

Charge and attack, unless the med bay is ginormous, I'm assuming he's in range.
WS: 58 +10
[roll1]
6 DoS = 4 hits of chainsword splattering action.

RogueTrader
2010-10-25, 01:04 AM
Arching an eyebrow at the sight, Caleb clicks on the helmet's internal comlink, "Sir, having observed the state of the Medical Bay, I am prepared to make an educated guess as to what led to this ship's current state." Caleb doesn't wait for a reply; very few outsiders get Dark Angel humor.

Initiative = [roll0]

The Commander
2010-10-25, 02:39 AM
(Remember they're Surprised, so you gain a +30 to WS. You actually got 9 DoS and therefore got 5 hits of gory Chainsword action)

Arkio charges into the room almost gleeful that he has a chance to lay waste to the Emperor's enemies. This glee manifests itself in the immense carnage wrought by him as his Chainsword chews through dozens of the Hormagaunts, sending Tyranid gore everywhere.

(5 Mag Damage = 15 Mag left)

Rizhail
2010-10-25, 09:23 AM
"Let's see how these special rounds work out," Magni mutters as he flicks a switch on his bolter, loading and firing a burst of Metal Storm rounds into the gaunt horde.

Initiative: [roll0]

Full-auto burst: [roll1] vs. 107 (47 base, +10 short range, +30 surprise, +20 full-auto, I can only miss on a 90+ I believe)

I don't have my book on me (posting from the school labs), so I can't remember exactly how the metal storm rounds will work out for magnitude damage to a horde.

That's 4 hits (damn you low auto-fire amount!), +1 for X damage type, and can't remember how much of a blast the weapon is without my book.

EDIT the third: Also, do I suffer a penalty for trying to fire around Arkio? I'd prefer not to put airburst rounds up his backside. :smalltongue:

Harkonne
2010-10-25, 04:43 PM
Scipio says nothing as his brothers charge into the room, Arkio in the midst of combat in a fraction of a second, long before even the quick-limbed hormagaunts have a chance to respond. In a flash he is inside the doorframe, standing proudly next to Brother Magni. He switches the bolter's fire selector to Metal Storm Rounds and squeezes the trigger, sweeping a full auto burst into the stunned crowd of xenos beasts.

Full-auto burst: [roll1] vs. 112 (52 base, +10 short range, +30 surprise, +20 full-auto)

So 5 degrees of success (Bolter only allows 4), and Blast (2).

4 x 2 + 1 = 9

The Commander
2010-10-26, 12:03 AM
(Shooting into Melee gives a -20 BS Penalty, however there's enough 'Nids, at least on Magni's Turn, to shoot around Arkio and that means that Scipio can neatly finish off the rest of them, even with the -20 BS Penalty)

Brother Arkio's glorious charge is backed up from the Holy cleansing fire from Brother Magni and Brother Scipio's Metal Storm rounds, which send deadly frag roaring into the spiny bodies of the awakening Hormagaunts. Tyranid appendages fly off in all directions and the Hormagaunts let out a shrill scream as they expire.

By the time the rest of the squad enters the Medicae Facility, the Hormagaunt threat has been neutralised.

RogueTrader
2010-10-26, 12:43 AM
Caleb moves in with a practiced ease, checking the room's corners and lines of sight in an instant and falling in behind the squad. After a long heartbeat, he breathes into his microphone, "Rear clear."

Glancing at his companions and visually checking them for injuries, the Apothecary contents himself that the marines are undamaged and retrieves his Auspex to do a quick scan of the room.

Awareness (50 Perception + 20 Auspex) = [roll0]

Tech Use (60 Int) = [roll1]

Reporting his findings to the team, Caleb then retrieves his CombiTool and the Servo Skull and sets to work while the rest of the team plans the next move...

Tech Use (60 Int + 10 Combi) = [roll2]

Ceridan
2010-10-26, 01:02 AM
Sven followed the others into the Medicae Bay. "Could have left some for me lads," he said with a chuckle. "The next bulkhead down sealed behind us. We are clear for the moment."

Executus
2010-10-26, 08:16 AM
Flicking his chainsword to remove the viscera, Arkio glares back at the team entering from the hallway. Indicating some light scratches on shoulder pads from flying shrapnel. "Try to be more careful with your bolter fire. Possibly you need to check your target profiles to recognize the difference between Astartes and xenos?"

Smirking inside his helm, the Blood Angel turns back to the room and looks for any signs of surviving gaunts, stomping the heads of any that continue to twitch.

Rizhail
2010-10-26, 04:50 PM
Chuckling as he begins to scan the room with his eyes, Magni says, "Get stuck in with a tyranid warrior, Arkio, and between all the yelling and slashing, I doubt any of us will be able to tell the two apart."

Magni cautiously removes his helmet, and falls silent as he focuses his senses on the room around them, hoping to pick up anything that stands out amid the remains of the various combatants.

Dropping into solo mode to take advantage of Wolf Senses.

Attempting to use all three of my good senses to see if anything obviously out of place (a trail of blood, odd smells that don't fit with a med ward or where a fire fight took place), though I'll admit I'm not expecting to find too much.

Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 58 (48 base, +10 heightened senses)

Awareness (hearing): [roll1] vs. 58 (48 base, +10 heightened senses)

Awareness (smell): [roll2] vs. 58 (48 base, +10 heightened senses)

I'll post re-rolls in the OOC thread should I need to use 'em.

((OOC: The above assumes that the sealed bulkhead behind us left enough of an atmosphere to breathe in; if not, Magni keeps his helmet on, remains in squad mode, and relies on his auto-senses to look around.))

After scanning the room for moment, Magni briefly speaks. "Caleb, I would suggest taking a close look at the little xenos once you have a moment. It would be nice to know if they are venomous or capable of surviving a vacuum; anything that can alter our tactics further in."

The Commander
2010-10-26, 08:03 PM
You are aware of no more active threats in the Facility as it stands. Although, shrouded in an almost unnatural darkness across to one side of the Facility is another bulkhead, which, when consulting your ship's schematics, you realise leads to the Cryo-Chambers. The bulkhead looks unpowered and it's manual release control box looks more complicated than the normal bulkhead ones.

Caleb's Auspex returns a wash of bio-matter throughout the Facility, although nothing alive. There is a small amount of radiation, but this is likely due to the damaged medical equipment in the Facility and presents no threat to men such as you.

Caleb also succeeds in fixing the Servo-Skull and it whirs to life in his hands before leaving his hands and hovering just in front of him. It remains motionless for a moment, although you are aware of some kind of binary chatter taking place. It then scans each of you in turn, then the Facility, before displaying the following message in your helmets (except for Brother Magni, who has removed his helmet):

+++ Bio-Scan Confirmed. Deathwatch Astartes. Command Clearance Granted +++
+++ Error - Unable to connect to Tech-Priest Enclave or Central Systems +++
+++ Warning - Severe ship damage, report damage to nearest available Tech-Priest and await further instructions +++
+++ Warning - Xeno Infestation present, Deathwatch Astartes Command Clearance accepted, access to the armory granted +++
+++ Designation - Servo-Skull M-182B6 +++
+++ Function - Maintenance Servo-Skull +++
+++ Inventory - Intergrated Vox, Cogitator and Combi-Tool +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

(Caleb may perform a Very Hard (-30) Medicae Test to determine whether these Tyranids are Toxic and/or can breathe in vacuum. Bear in mind that this is the case for, as far as you know, these Tyranids only)

RogueTrader
2010-10-26, 09:39 PM
Caleb allows himself the briefest of smirks inside his helmet before refocusing on the job at hand. Eyes flying over the scrolling text, Marine Lionus keys open his Vox channel and speaks to the repaired servitor. "Servo-Skull M-182B6, display a ship map with overlay of all known internal structural damage to cooridors and passageways. Then highlight best possible route to the Armory, Power Core, and Torpedo Bays." Thinking for another few moments, Caleb asks, "M-182B6, do you have access to any ship systems? Door controls, automated defenses, thrusters, cameras, anything?"

Ceridan
2010-10-27, 12:07 AM
Sven removed his helmet and stowed it on his harness. It felt good to have the stifling thing off, even if the air stank with xenos ichor. Catching sight of the bulkhead shrouded in shadow he moved toward it and reached out with his wyrd sight.

Sven drops out of squad mode and uses his Psyniscience (Not that it has done him much good thus far :smallfrown:).
Psyniscience, need a 56 or less: [roll0]
Re-roll for Wolf Senses if needed: [roll1]

The Commander
2010-10-27, 02:20 AM
The Servo-Skull hovers in the air for a moment before the following text appears on your helmet's display:

+++ Unable to comply - Exact internal damages cannot be verified without contacting Central Systems +++
+++ Unable to comply - Projector unit not included in inventory +++
+++ Most expedient route to Armory, Genatorium and Torpedo Bay plotted from this location. Be aware there way be unforeseen obstructions. Course alterations will be relayed as soon as possible +++
+++ M-182B6's primary function is the repair and maintenence of ship systems and to record maintainence logs. Servo-Skull access to ship granted through maintenence ducts and Cogitator Enclaves +++
+++ M-182B6's primary function may be overwritten by Deathwatch Astartes at Tech-Priest Enclave +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

Sven reaches out into the warp, but feels no psychic presense beyond the bulkhead.

RogueTrader
2010-10-27, 03:26 AM
"Relay last recorded logs before deactivation. Then calculate fastest route to the closest Central Systems data hub or access point starting from the Genatorium. Also, what was the last inventory count on active torpedoes in the torpedo bays?" As the ServoSkull processes the request, Caleb sets down near the dearly deceased Xenos abominations to see what their corpses can tell him.

Medicae (Int 60 - 30 Difficulty (+ 10 Helmet?)) = [roll0]

Also, I got dibs on the Skull pet :smallcool: .

The Commander
2010-10-27, 05:49 AM
+++ Accessing... Please Wait... +++
+++ M-182B6 instructed to log damage and maintenance on elevator systems throughout the ship on date 009813.M41 at approximately 15:36 ship standard time +++
+++ Report is as follows +++

+++ Warning - Battlestations are in effect, hostiles are aboard +++
+++ Severe damage to power flow and motorised lift functions, elevators deemed insafe and off-limits pending repairs - 15:48 +++
+++ Maintenance begun on elevator 3C - 15:52 +++
+++ Maintenance progress - Power restored to elevator 3C, motor repairs pending Tech-Priest intervention - 16:57 +++
+++ Error - Central Systems offline. Attempting to contact Tech-Priest Enclave - 18:20 +++
+++ Error - Tech-Priest Enclave silent - 18:21 +++
+++ Deactivation Sequence Commencing +++

+++ Course Plotted +++
+++ Error - M-182B6 does not have weapons inventory clearance +++

Unfortunately the alien matter is a complete mystery to you and your tools.

Executus
2010-10-27, 10:01 PM
Stomping a final tyranid into paste, Arkio moves back to the group. "We can't stay here for long, or the foul xenos will surround us. If going to the Central System will get us access to the internal sensors, we should go there. Then we can find their nest and strike at their heart!"

Rizhail
2010-10-27, 10:46 PM
Securing his helmet to his harness, Magni turns to Scipio. "Point the way, Scipio. And here's hoping we can keep moving through atmosphere; I hate wearing this bucket."

Ammo tracker (forgot to do this earlier): Metal storm mag one, 24 rounds left. All others full.

Awareness tests as point man, once we pick a route. Assuming without helmet, though if we end up leaving atmo again, ignore hearing and smell and add +10 to sight. I'll post re-rolls for failed checks in the OOC if needed.

Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 58

Awareness (hearing): [roll1] vs. 58

Awareness (smell): [roll2] vs. 58

Harkonne
2010-10-28, 03:56 PM
Scipio watched silently as Brother Caleb tended to the servo-skull, reading the data as it flashed across his visor. He thanked the Emperor's benevolence for the find, but he knew it could only help them so much. Looking back at Wolves of Fenris as they removed their helmets he quietly repressed a gentle rebuke, knowing that the sons of Russ preferred to fight in such a manner, even claiming to better sense their world without the aid of the advanced armor spirits. Scipio wasn't convinced, but the two brothers had proven themselves thus far, so he had no reason to reprove them.

"Genatorium first, the engines are still of primary concern," the Ultramarine finally said. "Brother Magni, you will take point, keep those wolf-sense sharp. Brother Caleb, you will provide directions. Brother Akio, as before I want you watching our rear."

He switched his vox over to Brother Sven, knowing that even without his helmet only the librarian should hear him, "What does your witch-eye see, Brother? I have heard tell of the dangers of the Hive Mind, I trust you will alert me to any such dangers?"

RogueTrader
2010-10-28, 04:16 PM
Caleb relays an order to the Servo Skull to plot fastest course to the Generatorium, avoiding both known damage and any power lifts which are almost certainly inactive by now. He then falls in place in the line, bolter ever ready...

Ceridan
2010-10-28, 04:19 PM
"Aye brother," Sven sub vocalized into his micro-bead in response to Scipio's question. "So far I've sensed none of the tale tell signs of the shadow these beasts cast into the warp. It's rather odd, perhaps there are few if any of the larger warrior forms on board, but more likely, they are in some form of hibernation."

Harkonne
2010-10-28, 04:54 PM
"Very well," Scipio voxes back to Sven.

Looking up he watches as Caleb finishes tinkering with the servo skull, plotting in way they all hoped would be the best path, before falling into line, ready as they all were. Nodding to the Dark Angel the Ultramarine switches his vox to the squad.

"Onward, brothers."

The Commander
2010-10-28, 06:54 PM
The Servo-Skull unquestioningly obeys and plots the course, hovering just ahead and above you as it leads you towards the otherside of the Medicae Facility. The bulkhead on the other side flashes red, indicating a lack of atmosphere on the other side of the door and those of you that had prior removed your helmets refasten them and double check their seals before opening the door. The same sucking scream sound can be heard as the Medicae Facility begins to depressurise, although a bulkhead further down the corridor slams shut a moment later, killing the screaming sound.

After opening this bulkhead, you follow the Servo-Skull towards the genatorium.

(Making some secret rolls [roll0]. [roll1]. Interesting, doing some further rolls OOC...)

Your trip to the Genatorium goes mostly without hassle. Either the Hive is not aware of you or it is keeping hidden. None of you are aware of any threats in the immediate area and so you continue on, the Servo-Skull as your guide. You come across an unpowered bulkhead along the way and although it would be possible to go around it, it would be much quicker to get through this bulkhead and continue onwards. Such a fact is also confirmed by the Servo-Skull.

(Tech-Use test, with -10 modifier because it's a delicate procedure. I'm going to tell you now that you can't use the Servo-Skull to make this test, it's not programmed to manually release bulkheads)

RogueTrader
2010-10-28, 07:09 PM
After giving his companions a chance to get in position, Caleb makes an attempt to reactivate the Bulkhead controls and open up the door.

TechUse (60 Int - 10 Delicate (+ 10 Combi Tool?) = [roll0]

The Commander
2010-10-28, 09:50 PM
(Yes, you gain a +10 from the Combi-Tool)

Brother Caleb, with the aid of his Combi-Tool, manages to engage the manual release of the bulkhead. However, the bulkhead fails to retract properly and only a small gap underneath the bulkhead grants you any access to the corridor ahead of you. The Servo-Skull flies underneath the bulkhead and a message displays on your helmets:

+++ Maintenance Log Update - Bulkhead 21G56 malfunction, failure to retract into ceiling alcove fully +++
+++ Maintenance Access on above deck - Maintenance function overridden pending Deathwatch Astartes Command +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

It is possible for each of you to crawl under the bulkhead, although you may only do so one at a time, as the corridor has begun to become thinner. It is also possible to perform a Hard (-20) Strength Test to physically push the bulkhead into place. This can be assisted by only one other Marine. Pushing the bulkhead into place requires two successful tests in a row. Failure means the bulkhead drops back into it's current position.

Make a Sight Awareness Test.

Ceridan
2010-10-28, 10:22 PM
Weapons readied, Sven continued to watch for anything out of the ordinary as he walked beside Magni.

Awareness test. Perception of 56+20(Heightened senses and Auto-Senses). Need a 76 or less:[roll0]. Hey, I made an Awareness test finally. :smallbiggrin: 6 Degrees too.

Rizhail
2010-10-28, 10:25 PM
Let me take a look first, lads. If there are any foes laying in ambush, leaving the door mostly down would be best." Magni attaches his bolter to his back and takes his flamer in hand, and ducks down to take a look through the bulkhead opening.

Awareness (sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (40 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

If I see any obvious hostiles, I'm putting fire through the hole.

If I see nothing immediately hostile, I'll slowly move through the hole, flamer ahead and ready to fire in case things go ploin shaped.

RogueTrader
2010-10-28, 10:52 PM
Why not, I'll roll too: Awareness (50 Perception + 10 Armor) = [roll0]

EDIT: Naturally...

Executus
2010-10-28, 11:20 PM
Stuck in the back of the formation, Arkio shifts from foot to foot, eager to be on the move again. "This is not a good position. Get that door open!"

Harkonne
2010-10-28, 11:32 PM
Scipio glances back the way they had come and at the irate Blood Angel before looking down as Magni looked under the bulkhead. He figured that working together they could raise it back into position, giving them the benefit of the open corridor whilst not restricting any avenues of movement. The Devourer had shown itself once on this ship, Scipio was convinced it would again.

"What do you see Brother Magni?"

Sight Awareness: [roll0] vs 50 (Perception 40 + Helmet 10)

The Commander
2010-10-29, 05:04 AM
Magni crawls under the bulkhead; a procedure that is somewhat tedious as his maglocked boots struggled to maintain gripped to the deck in a prone position. He, however, makes it to the other side and spots no hostiles in the area. The Servo-Skull hovers just overhead.

Meanwhile, back on the other side of the bulkhead, you detect movement in the ducts and corridor ahead, closing on you fast. You can't quite tell what's coming yet, but it looks like a tide of creatures washing down the corridor ahead of you. You estimate it won't be very long until they're upon you. You also realise that there is no way around this situation except for through the bulkhead.

RogueTrader
2010-10-29, 02:03 PM
I'm all for running. Could we close the Bulkhead from the other side?

Rizhail
2010-10-29, 02:14 PM
Seeing his own side clear for the moment, Magni opens his vox link. "This side is clear for the moment. One of you grab the bottom edge of the bulkhead and try and force it up, I shall do the same from over here. No need to waste time with all of us crawling through."

Strength test 1: [roll0] vs. 35 (35 base, +20 power armor, -20 test difficulty)

Strength test 2: [roll1] vs. 35 (35 base, +20 power armor, -20 test difficulty)

Considering my somewhat low strength, I'm certainly hoping someone on the other side can handle most of this, and I'll just try and help.

Harkonne
2010-10-29, 05:01 PM
OOC- This is assuming Scipio knows about the incoming threats.

Scipio flicked the fire selector on his bolter back to Metal Storm Rounds, spreading his stance to a more stable firing platform as he sighted his weapon down the hallway from which they had come. "Brother Arkio," he knew the Blood Angel wasn't going to like this. "Assist Brother Magni and get that bulkhead up and into position."

Switching again to a private vox channel with Sven, "Can you sense them, brother?" Knowing if the xenos could be detected psychically could well prove to be priceless information in such conditions.

Ceridan
2010-10-29, 10:50 PM
Upon seeing dents appear in the exterior of the vents, Sven voxed a warning. "Contact Brothers, seems they know we slaughtered their kindred." He flipped his fire selector over to Metal Storm rounds and aimed down the corridor.

Hearing Scipio's request, Sven opened his mind and drew up his wyrd sight.
Psyniscience Test need a 56 or less: [roll0]: Failed, shocking.

Executus
2010-10-30, 01:18 AM
Cursing under his breath, Arkio stows his chainswords and moves to the doorway. Quickly bracing himself, he grasps the door and with the assistance of Magni, he strains against its servo motors.

OOC:
Since Arkio has the higher strength, Magni would assist him. I'm assuming Commander meant Assistance as per the rules on pg 204. If not, I'll adjust accordingly.

Str: 71 - 10 (Hard modified one step for Unnatural Str) + 10 (Assistance): 71
[roll0]

The Commander
2010-10-30, 02:31 AM
(Yes, you can close the Bulkhead from the other side, although it would require another Tech-Use test)

Sven's warp sense, again, fails to give him any answers. It is as if the Hive Mind is supressing his senses.

With Magni's assistance, Arkio heaves the bulkhead first up to his chest and then, using his shoulders as a brace, heaves the bulkhead into place in the ceiling alcove. The bulkhead, or so it seems, looks secure.

Meanwhile the tide of creatures coming down the corridor is growing closer with every passing moment. At this distance you are aware it is a massive swarm of Hormagaunts, jaws snapping and tongues whipping around their mouths.

RogueTrader
2010-10-31, 03:20 AM
Unless stopped, Caleb will duck to the other side of the bulkhead and attempt to convince the doors to shut once the rest of the party comes through.

Tech Use: [roll0]

Rizhail
2010-10-31, 09:31 PM
After raising the bulkhead and hearing Sven's warning, Magni switches back to his bolter, ensuring the fire selector is set to Metal Storm shells. "Move forward, lads, I have you covered!

Once the others are through, and no longer in my line of fire, I'll use suppressing fire on the approaching enemies (the corridor past the bulkhead we just cleared being the kill zone), and see if I can't slow them down while Caleb works on getting this thing shut. If I can't get a clear shot, I'll hold off on doing anything for the moment.

If I can make a shot:

Ballistic skill test: [roll0] vs. 32 (base 52, -20 for hard test, any other modifiers unknown).

Also, if I can take the shot: Metal storm mag 1, down to 20 rounds.

Executus
2010-11-01, 09:02 AM
After heaving the bulkhead up and hearing the rune priest's warning, Arkio draws his swords and turns back around, looking for the foe. With the rest of the squad between him and the oncoming horde, he cannot get through to attack.

"More xenos! Let them come and taste my blade!"

Ceridan
2010-11-01, 11:38 AM
Sven slipped back to the other side of the bulkhead. With the rest of the squad covering the tyranid horde advancing from the rear, he swept his bolter to cover anything that might be lurking further down the corridor.

Over the private channel to Scipio he said, "The shadow they cast into the warp be interferin' with my wyrd sight brother."

The Commander
2010-11-01, 12:04 PM
(OOC: Caleb's Tech-Use success noted, although I'm not yet convinced everyone's got to the other side yet. More specifically, I think Arkio wants to hack and slash at the Xenos before even thinking about retreating :smalltongue:)

Brother Magni sprays the corridor ahead with bullets, although only a handful of the frontline Tyranid creatures actually get hit and fly through the airless corridor; ichor pouring from multiple wounds. Despite this, the creatures continue to advance. (OOC: Horde is frenzied since it is out of range of a Synapse Creature)

On the other side of the bulkhead all seems clear.

Executus
2010-11-01, 04:43 PM
OOC:

Just to reiterate my OOC post, Arkio is all about standing our ground and grinding through the mob. I think it makes more sense to get through the door and move on with our mission at this point, so getting some peer pressure, straight up orders, or just physically pushing him through would all be good ways to proceed. :smallbiggrin:

Harkonne
2010-11-01, 04:52 PM
Scipio added his fire to that of his brother, sending a Metal Storm round screaming down the hall at the oncoming swarm. As he did he backed through the now open bulkhead, keeping his bolter trained down the corridor at the vicious beasts. As he did he heard the ever eager cries of his Blood Angel brother.

Shooting at the Horde.

Aiming (half-action)
Single Shot (half-action): [roll0] vs (52, -20 for hard test, +10 aiming)

"Brother Arkio, hold! We move beyond this bulkhead," he barked into the vox, hoping the disciple of Sanguinius had the presence of mind to follow orders. "Brother Caleb, when we're all behind this bulkhead I want it sealed!"

Executus
2010-11-01, 11:58 PM
Growling in frustration, Arkio steps past the bulkhead door.

The Commander
2010-11-02, 12:52 PM
Scipio's round showers the frontlines of the Hormagaunts. The gravity-less corridor seems to aid the lethality of the frag and dozens of Hormagaunts are sent spiraling and tumbling past their kin. Despite this, hundreds more seem to right behind them, their teeth silently snapping in the atmosphere-less corridor, saliva dripping from their disgusting mouths.

As soon as Arkio is on the other side of the bulkhead, Caleb quickly brings the bulkhead crashing down again and the Hormagaunts... and Arkio... are denied their respective prey.

The corridor on the other side of the bulkhead continues to thin and it looks like single file will be the only way to proceed. At this current part of the corridor, it is still possible to squeeze past one another, but further up ahead this will simply be impossible. The Servo Skull waits patiently for you to resume your journey to the Genatorium.

Rizhail
2010-11-02, 02:40 PM
"Best to keep moving, see if we can shake their pursuit. Keep a close eye on the vents," Magni says as he moves forward with his bolter raised, sweeping the narrow path ahead. He resumes his role of point man, keeping a careful eye out as he follows the path the skull lays out, trusting his squad mates to follow.

Awareness (sight) test for the next stretch of the trip; Magni will also keep an eye out for any vents or other potential ambush spots, now that we know for certain the 'nids both use said spots and know we're here.

RogueTrader
2010-11-02, 06:27 PM
Caleb follows, his weapon up and servo skull floating happily nearby with directions at the ready.

The Commander
2010-11-02, 07:45 PM
You continue on your way to the Genatorium, the Servo Skull leading the way. Soon you come onto a corridor that seems to widen considerably, you before you stands a truely colossal bulkhead; big enough for each of you to easily stand side by side and still walk through it. You can feel a gentle and constant vibration through the deck plating at this point. You are also aware of small holes around the bulkhead, both around the floor and up next to huge pipes and vents in and around the ceiling and walls.

The control box next to the bulkhead remains silent and there are no hostiles in sight for the time being.

(Make A Scrutiny Test)

Executus
2010-11-02, 08:16 PM
Moving up from his position as rearguard, Arkio surveys the area. "It seems we've found the genatorium. Any thoughts on opening these things?"

Ceridan
2010-11-02, 09:54 PM
Sven took a step forward and inspected one of the small holes arrayed around the bulkhead.

Scrutiny test, Perception of 56+20 (+10 for heightened senses and auto senses for sight)at half: [roll0], need a 36 or less.

"No idea what these are. Brother Caleb, what does that pet skull of yours make of these? He asked without taking his eyes of the small openings.

Rizhail
2010-11-02, 10:47 PM
Magni eyes the bulkhead and numerous holes warily. He keeps his bolter raised and following his sight, ready for an ambush.

Scrutiny: [roll0] vs. 44 (48/2 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

RogueTrader
2010-11-02, 10:55 PM
Caleb relays the query to the ServoSkull, asking it if it has knowledge of the location and the state of the bulkhead.

The Commander
2010-11-03, 01:51 PM
The Servo Skull floats to a few of the holes and scans them. It then hovers around the bulkhead, then over the control box before finally returning to Caleb.

+++ Maintenance Log Update - Minimal Structural Damage surrounding Bulkhead G0003 +++
+++ Maintenance Note - Unknown damage types +++
+++ Maintenance Temporary Solution - Apply Repair Cement +++
+++ Maintenance Permanent Solution - Reinforce Repair Cement with Plasteel Plate +++
+++ Location - Main Genatorium... Main Access Bulkhead +++
+++ Bulkhead Status - Deactivated, Manual Access Control Box Damaged +++
+++ Maintenance Log Update - Bulkhead G0003 Manual Control Box Damaged +++
+++ Maintenance Possible Solution - Replace internal power and mechanical circuits +++
+++ Servo Skull Access to Genatorium available +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

RogueTrader
2010-11-03, 05:04 PM
Unless stopped, Caleb will begin to patch the floor with some Repair Cement (will this take a roll?) and await further instructions.

The Commander
2010-11-03, 05:11 PM
(There are some around the ceiling as well. If you wanted to, since this is a gravity-less environment, you could propel yourself towards the ceiling and attempt to patch the holes yourself. No roll required, but to patch all the holes will use up all of your Repair Cement)

Rizhail
2010-11-03, 05:33 PM
Magni considers the bulkhead for a moment. "Unless it is necessary to patch up these holes to get this ship working again, I would suggest leaving them be. We will likely see a lot of fighting in vacuum yet, and it is better to save the cement for keeping our own armor sealed."

Ceridan
2010-11-04, 08:25 PM
Sven sheathed his sword and slung his bolter. He produced his auspex and whispered a quick prayer to the machine's spirit as he activated it, and scanned the holes.

Tech-Use test to scan the holes with the Auspex. [roll0], need a 40 or less. Cool, lets get all the bad rolls out of the way early.

The Commander
2010-11-04, 11:26 PM
The Auspex brings back nothing conclusive, important or interesting. You're beginning to curse the luck you've had so far with your scanning equipment.

Executus
2010-11-05, 08:33 AM
Listening to the servo-skull's report, Arkio scans the area nearby. "I agree with the little wolf. Even if you seal the damage, we still need to find the replacement parts to get the access controls working. I think that we should find those before we expend our resources on repairing damage."

Walking up to the door, he gives it a solid knock to test its structural integrity. "Of course, we could just blow them open..."

RogueTrader
2010-11-05, 11:36 PM
Caleb will put away his cement, agreeing that it might be prudent to save it for a while. Thinking, he turns to the Servo-Skull, "Servo-Skull M-182B6, you are ordered to open the doors to the Genatorium using whatever means at your disposal. If this is impossible, you are ordered to make all practical repairs as needed to the Bulkhead G0003 beginning with the manual control box."

The Commander
2010-11-06, 09:41 AM
(You can make an Intelligence Test if you'd like to figure out if you can blow open the bulkhead using a Demolition Charge)

+++ Full repairs to Bulkhead G0003 requires pressurised atmosphere on both sides of bulkhead and power to the bulkhead +++
+++ Defering to secondary command +++
+++ Spare circuit and mechanical parts required from tech-storage +++
+++ Nearest tech-storage - 500m Portside +++
+++ Beginning repairs +++
+++ Standby +++

The Servo Skull hovers over to the bulkhead's control box and begins to remove circuitry and various cogs, nuts and bolts which it places with great care on the floor around the control box in a well ordered manner. It then begins to hover down a corridor, towards this tech-storage, for spare parts.

Executus
2010-11-06, 02:43 PM
Arkio storms off after the skull. "This thing will either be destroyed or lead the xenos right to us. Better to charge into their lair than be backed up against the bulkhead."

Rizhail
2010-11-08, 11:57 PM
Unless Scipio orders otherwise, Magni will wordlessly move down the corridor with Arkio, bolter ready to support the Blood Angel and protect the servo-skull should more 'nids dive out of ducts or other ambush spots.

The Commander
2010-11-09, 07:55 PM
Arkio and Magni
The Servo Skull hovers down the corridor and eventually comes to door built into the wall of the corridor. The Servo Skull hovers through a tiny access hatch just above and to the right of the door. You effortlessly push the door to the storage room open in the gravity-less environment and immediately your vision is filled with an assortment of floating parts and tools. Some of them begin to bounce harmlessly off your armor. Ominously, the remains of a nearly completely eaten Servitor cartwheel slowly through the air-less storage room; it's augmented eyes staring cold and dead at you through tatters of flesh.

The Servo Skull careful makes it's way through the storm of floating tools and parts; occasionally it is slightly pushed aside by a bigger tool, but it carries on undaunted. It begins to collect various parts floating around the room and eventually it leaves the room and heads back towards the bulkhead.

The Servo Skull returns a short while later, it's tiny mechanical arms laden with parts and circuits. It sets some down beside the control box and then sets to work repairing the control box.

(Is there anything you want to be doing whilst the Servo Skull does this? What do you plan to do once it has finished repairs?)

RogueTrader
2010-11-09, 09:51 PM
Use the control panel to get into the Engine room? Or did I miss a step somewhere?

The Commander
2010-11-10, 05:07 PM
The Servo Skull finishes repairs on the bulkhead's control box and hovers over to you.

+++ Maintenance Log Update - Bulkhead G0003 Manual Access Control Box repaired +++
+++ Maintenance Details - Circuitry and mechanical parts replaced +++
+++ Maintenance Successful +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

From the outside, the control box looks exactly like it did a moment ago.

(Delicate Tech-Use Test to open the bulkhead as normal)

RogueTrader
2010-11-10, 05:59 PM
AFTER his brothers have a chance to get in position, Caleb will attempt to open the bulkhead. With a sigh, he prays to the Emperor and adjusts the last wire, "Prepeare yourselves Brothers, for Hell may wait on the far side..."

Tech Use Target 60: [roll0]

Ceridan
2010-11-10, 11:18 PM
Bolter and force sword in hand and ready to use on what ever might lay in wait on the other side of the bulkhead, Sven nodded to his brothers.

The Commander
2010-11-11, 12:22 PM
The bulkhead slowly opens. In fact, it opens a lot slower than any other bulkhead you've come across, save for the damaged one earlier. You also realise that the actual bulkhead is made up of several interlocking metal plates in a series and each one in turn opens differently.

Finally the last metal plate descends into a hidden alcove in the floor. As it descends, you can see into the vast Genatorium. A massive gunfight looks to have taken place inside and most of the wall, deck and ceiling plating is blackened with what you guess was a fire long ago. The titanic plasma generators lay dormant, far into the Genatorium from where you are, and giant metal and brass piping spreads out from them like brown and grey cobwebs. Gantries and walkways link several tiers of workstations and sub-decks within the Genatorium, some of which have fallen unto other platforms or the floor itself. Small and large pieces of metal float freely in the gravity-less environment; along with a few ravaged bodies of what you guess are Tech-Priests. Backup lighting illuminates parts of the Genatorium dimly.

Just before the bulkhead has fully retracted, the enormous form of a Tyranid Warrior comes into view before you, it's teeth fixed in a horrid grin and a giant weapon leveled at you. Surrounding it are two large groups of Termagants, snapping their teeth and waving their disgusting tongues, each one armed with their own weapon. They stand, covering the entrance to the Genatorium, to face you.

(Roll for Initiaitive. I believe all of you are also in Squad Mode, Scipio must pass a -20 Fear Test or suffer 3 points of Cohesion Damage at the sight of the Tyranid Warrior. Tyranid Warrior's Initiative = [roll0]. Termagant Horde 1's Initiative = [roll1]. Termagant Horde 2's Initiative = [roll2])

Rizhail
2010-11-11, 09:54 PM
"Down the big one, lads!" Magni shouts in the vox as he flicks the shot selector on his bolter, mentally blocking out all else as he attempts to take the beast down in one burst.

Free action: Dropping into Solo Mode (to take advantage of Bolter Mastery)

Full action: Full-auto burst, targeting the Tyranid warrior. Using Hellfire rounds (RF on roll of 9 or 10, ignores natural armor).

Ballistic Skill roll: [roll0] vs. 112 (52 base, +10 Bolter mastery, +10 short range, +20 enormous size target, +20 full-auto)

Damage rolls (if any hit):
1: [roll1]
Damage: 24 (7+10 from rolls, +5 from bolter, +2 from Bolter Mastery)

2: [roll2]
Damage: 24

3: [roll3]
Damage: 25

4: [roll4]
Damage: 20

NOTE: All four hits have a chance for righteous fury. I'll roll that up in the OCC thread.

Rounds left: Metal Storm mag 1: 20 rounds. Hellfire mag: 24 rounds.

Executus
2010-11-11, 10:39 PM
Following Magni's hail of fire, Arkio launches himself into mass of termagants standing near the pile of ichor that used to be their master.

"For the Blood of Sanguinius!" Roaring his chapter's battlecry, he lashes out with his chainsword.

OOC:

This may be redundant if Instinctive behavior just causes them to break anyway, but...

WS: 58 + 10 (Charge) + size (30?)
[roll0]

Ceridan
2010-11-15, 05:14 PM
Sven snarls upon seeing the unclean xenos beyond the bulkhead. "Burn for me!" He whispers as he drew upon his Psychic Powers.

Using Avenger, aimed for the Tyranid Warrior and anything around it. Focus Power test: Will of 49 + 15 for Psy Rating 3 (Unfettered). Need a 64 or less, bad things on a double. [roll0]

The Commander
2010-11-15, 08:06 PM
(The Warrior has the Shadow of the Warp trait, so you'd be at - 20, but even so, your mind jams your power failed to manifest.)

Something about these foul creatures seems to be blocking Sven's link to the Warp at every turn and, to his Brothers, Sven merely appears to have uttered some words and little else.

Brother Magni, on the other hand, does the complete opposite. His burst of Hellfire rounds seem to find every natural chink in the foul Warrior's chitin. Not only that, but the rounds appear to rupture the major Tyranid organs inside the Warrior and, with a silent inhuman scream (due to the vacuum), the Warrior simply explodes in a shower of ichor and bone fragments. The pieces and ichor fly all across the Genatorium, some of which splash against you, but are otherwise unharmful.

One side of the Termagant Hordes begins to flee in terror; the beasts scuttling in all directions and clambering over each other to escape. The other side looks ready to flee also, but Arkio is on them before they have the chance. His Chainsword silently roaring in the airless Genatorium, he cuts several of the Termagants down before they begin to scatter at large, leaving him to pick off the stragglers with ease.

In moments, the Termagants have all but disappeared into the darkness and ducts of the Genatorium and you are left alone.

(Brother Magni receives 1 Renown Point for his swift and zealous take-down of a Tyranid Warrior and the scattering of it's forces.)

RogueTrader
2010-11-15, 08:38 PM
Not lowering his Bolter from ready position just in case they're not as alone as it would seem, Caleb speaks calmly to the Skull, "Servo-Skull M-182B6, enter and assess Generators for damage. If undamaged, initiate start-up protocols."

Rizhail
2010-11-16, 11:37 AM
Magni stands dumbfounded for a moment, bolter still pointed in the direction of the enemy but otherwise stunned. "That bug looks like it ran into Russ himself!"

He considers the bolter for a moment, before flicking the fire selector back to normal bolt rounds. "Right, I had best not spend so many of those."

Moving forward a bit into the genatorium, Magni looks around carefully, resuming his role as pointman smoothly after recovering from the shock of utterly destroying the warrior beast.

Awareness (sight) roll to see if anything is still hanging around to ambush us.

Awareness(sight): [roll0] vs. 68 (48 base, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

The Commander
2010-11-16, 06:06 PM
The Servo Skull hovers into the room and disappears as it hovers up and around the huge, dormant Plasma Generators. It disappears for a long while, but returns.

+++ Scan Complete +++
+++ Maintenance Log Update - Minor structural damage to Plasma Generators +++
+++ Maintenance Note - Damage insufficient to prohibit power restoration +++
+++ Maintenance Solution - Re-paneling of damaged surfaces pending proper Tech-Priest inspection +++
+++ Unable to comply - Servo-Skull M-182B6 does not possess the access codes to initiate Plasma Generator start-up protocols +++
+++ Awaiting Command +++

Magni spots a few of the Termagants still fleeing through the ducting and vents on several of the sub-decks within the Genatorium. What is more alarming, which he notices, is the concealed Demolitions Charges on several of the Plasma Generators. They look live.

RogueTrader
2010-11-16, 06:41 PM
Do we have access to the Generator Codes?

Rizhail
2010-11-16, 07:32 PM
"Hold here, brothers! Explosives are mounted on some of the generators. Best we be cautious here; the crew may have rigged traps or failed attempts to destroy the ship before they were killed. Stay back, and I shall see what is ahead."

Magni approaches the nearest charge slowly, keeping an eye out for any sort of tripwire, sensors, or anything that would stand out as dangerous.

The Commander
2010-11-17, 09:20 AM
(Yes, you have the access codes, you just need to find a Cogitator. This will require a Search Test)

Magni makes his way, cautiously, to the nearest Demolitions Charge. He doesn't spot any sort of trap along the way. Once he reaches the Charge, he notices a red 'live' light flashing and a timer, also in crimson. The timer is stopped on 2 minutes and doesn't appear to be counting down. Magni also notices blood around the Charge.

Rizhail
2010-11-18, 01:46 AM
Magni looks over the charge for a moment before keying his vox. "Looks like the crew tried to set the ship for demolition, but were unable to finish before the bugs got to them. Feel free to work on the generators, just keep an eye out for any more charges, traps, or nids in ambush."

Magni will proceed to look around the generators, counting charges and checking for any traps or enemies.

The Commander
2010-11-18, 02:30 AM
Magni, make a Search Test. This is tested normally at + 0, however, since you know there are Demolition Charges around, the test to find them is at + 30.

Rizhail
2010-11-18, 02:38 AM
Search test: [roll0] vs. 74 (24 (1/2 base perception for untrained skill), +30 circumstance, +10 h. senses, +10 auto-senses)

Assuming H. senses and auto-senses for Sight; if they don't apply, the roll is versus 54.

RogueTrader
2010-11-18, 03:31 AM
"Servo-Skull M-182B6, hold and standby for further instruction. Brother Magni, keep your eyes open for a Cogitator; we may yet be able to salvage this vessel." Caleb also enters the room, searching diligently for the tool to help his team restore power to this wounded beast of war...

Search (50/2 + 10 + 10 = 45 Target): [roll0]

Executus
2010-11-18, 11:17 AM
Cleaning his blades of the xenos ichor with a flourish, Arkio moves further into the genatorium. The rush of battle still in his veins, his words come out some what slightly ragged. "Although I prefer the solid heft of a blade, your marksmanship is admirable, Magni. Well done." Arkio salutes the Wolf scout with clash of his fist against his chest plate.

Leaving the fine manipulation to his squadmates, he begins to sweep the room for alternate exits or hidden tyranids.

"Beginning patrol sweep."

Search: 22 + 20: 42
[roll0]

The Commander
2010-11-18, 12:01 PM
Magni finds another 7 Demolitions Charges, much like the first, placed on the Plasma Generators around the Genatorium. They are all live, but not counting down. Some don't have any time on them, others have 02:00 written in crimson on the small display screen.

Caleb quickly locates an undamaged Cogitator. Backup power keeps it on, however it is in a sleep state until you start entering commands.

It takes Arkio several minutes to circulate the entire Genatorium. He finds several open vents around the room, in which he sees fleeing shadows of Termagants. He also comes across the bodies of Tech-Priests, floating dead in the gravity-less environment. He also spots heavy welding equipment and weapons drifting around. The weapons range from simple Lasguns to Riotguns. Several bulkheads lead off of the Genatorium in various directions. No other Tyranid hostiles present themselves.

RogueTrader
2010-11-18, 04:01 PM
Caleb relays that he has located a working Cogitator, and awaits instructions on whether to start inputting the commands.

If given the command he'll put in the codes.

Rizhail
2010-11-20, 03:05 AM
Magni looks over the last charge he finds, thinking quietly for a moment. What say you, lads? Shall we take these charges with us, or leave them here and rig them to our vox channels, as a contingency plan?"

Ceridan
2010-11-21, 07:47 PM
"I say leave them as a contingency plan. Our primary objective being to stop the ship hitting the planet, it never hurts to have a plan 'B'." Sven weighed.

Executus
2010-11-24, 11:20 AM
Arkio returns from his patrol sweep and rejoins the group. Glancing around, he notices the absence of Scipio. "Where has Scipio gone? Did I miss an order to hold this location?"

Rizhail
2010-11-24, 06:51 PM
Magni silently agrees with Sven, leaving the charges be for the moment but mentally tagging their position.

When Arkio returns and comments, Magni returns to Caleb's position, carefully scanning the area. "Scipio, are you there, lad?" He repeats his call a moment later, and when nothing is heard on the vox, he explosively sighs, before opening comms again. "Gather at Caleb's position, lads, eyes and bolters at the ready," he says in an authoritative tone, something the others haven't heard from him before. "Brother, activate the engines. Once they are working, see if you can deactivate the timers on the charges and relink their detonators to a vox channel. No sense leaving them set as is, only to have them go off accidently."

Spending a turn to get into Squad Mode

RogueTrader
2010-11-24, 07:55 PM
Caleb says a silent prayer to the Emperor, and keys in the code.

The Commander
2010-11-24, 09:24 PM
There is a deep vibration in the hull that slowly grows in intensity. Nothing happens for several minutes... Then suddenly lights begin flickering on inside the Genatorium and a hissing sound can be heard. The hissing is quiet at first, then grows louder and eventually stops. Your Power Armor's enviromental sensors indicate the Genatorium now has breathable air. Then there is another deep vibration in the hull and a loud metallic click. Gravity is suddenly and violently re-established and floating debris comes hurtling down from the ceiling.

(Everyone must make an Agility Test or be struck by falling debris)

The bodies of dead Tyranids and Tech-Priests also slam against the hard floor and floating particles of ichor splash onto the floor; leaving a gruesome artwork of gore in a matter of seconds. Lesser men would be retching at the sudden change in gravity, but you merely adjust your footing and shrug off the momentary disorientation.

From Caleb's Cogitator, warning lights flicker all over a displayed schematic of the ship and he is told that power reserves are low. It would seem that not all sections of the ship may be powered at any one time. The Cogitator casually reveals that it will take roughly a week for power reserves to reach an amount to power the entire ship. The only good news is that power seems divertable from this location, allowing you to nominate areas of the ship to restore power to.

RogueTrader
2010-11-24, 09:29 PM
Agility 40: [roll0]

As soon as the displays are active and he realizes he can divert power from this station, Caleb's fingers fly across the keys and runes to see what it would take to transfer power to the Engines and, if possible, to activate them from here...

Tech Use 60: [roll1]

Executus
2010-11-24, 10:11 PM
The Blood Angel dodges pieces of falling debris, and takes stock of the situation.

"They certainly know we're here now!"

[roll0] vs 56

Rizhail
2010-11-24, 10:19 PM
"Well, that certainly seemed to have worked!" Magni says as he attempts to avoid the falling corpses and miscellaneous debris.

Agility test: [roll0] vs. 51

The Commander
2010-11-25, 05:31 PM
Caleb dodges a heavy welding tool that crashes down from above and continues to work. The cogitator gives him the option of transferring power to the engines, but it doesn't appear that he can control the engine functions from this station.

Arkio and Magni have less luck in dodging falling debris and bodies. A section of heavy sub-deck plating slams into Arkio, dealing [roll0] Impact Damage (no reduction for AP). As for Magni, the corpse of a nibbled Tech-Priest clothes-lines him from above, dealing [roll1] Impact Damage (no reduction for AP).

Ceridan
2010-11-25, 09:53 PM
"Well done brother." Sven agreed as he tried to avoid the detritus falling from above.

Agility of 43, [roll0]

RogueTrader
2010-11-26, 12:14 AM
"It is why I am here Brother," replies Caleb, not turning away from the monitor despite the cacophony of noise and debris. "I have the option to direct energy flow to the Plasma Drives, though we will need to venture to the Engine Room or the Helm itself to steer this vessel. I await your instruction."

The Commander
2010-11-26, 06:54 PM
A section of walkway falls onto Sven, hard, as he fails to move out of the way in time. He takes [roll0] Impact Damage, no reduction for AP.

Rizhail
2010-11-26, 11:03 PM
"Power the engines, Brother, and ask the skull if it has any data on either the bridge or the engine room now that we have some power flowing. I would prefer to know which works before we head out. If it lacks data on either, we head for the bridge," Magni says as he gets back up and shakes his head, ignoring for the moment the wound caused by the impromptu corpse missile.

RogueTrader
2010-11-27, 12:06 AM
Caleb depresses the lit runes and soon the screen display shows power being redirected towards the Plasma Banks that will send this ship screaming through the Void. Caleb then turns back to the group and is about to call out to the ServoSkull when he realizes that the remainder of his squad was not so lucky in avoiding falling debris. Completely dispassionately and without emotion, the Apothecary speaks, "Ah, you are injured. Allow me to monitor your wounds and provide proper treatment." Caleb raises his right arm and the diamond-tipped injectors and hardened steel powersaw extend and buzz into life along with several slimy-looking knobbly bits that you really don't want to know what they're used for. "This will only hurt for a moment."

Sven's Toughness negated the wound, yes?

First Aid on Arkio, Target 90 (60 Int + Diagnostor Helm + 20 Narthecium) =
Success heals: [roll]12+2d5

First Aid on Magni, Target 90 (60 Int + Diagnostor Helm + 20 Narthecium) =
Success heals: [roll]12+2d5

Ceridan
2010-11-27, 02:49 AM
Sven grunted from the impact, but shrugged off the blow. "Damn but they made a mess of this place."

The Commander
2010-11-27, 09:04 AM
(OOC: The additional wounds healed through advanced healing is 1d5. I know the rules for your Narthecium state that damage healed is doubled for First Aid, so it's not particularly clear, however I'm going to rule that you only heal an extra 1d5; per the Enhance Healing rule. That's still a spread from 13-17, which is pretty potent healing!)

Arkio and Magni are restored to full health through Caleb's efforts.

As Caleb directs powers to the Engineerium, the lights in the Genatorium begin to flicker and slowly die as power is diverted away. After a minute or so, your Power Armor's environmental sensors read back to you that the air, although still breathable, is thin. A quiet whining sound is also heard and you realise that the gravity in the Genatorium has decreased. It has not completely ceased to exist, however, and the debris remains locked to the floor for now.

Caleb's cogitator relays a successful power transfer to the Engineerium.

RogueTrader
2010-11-27, 03:30 PM
Fair 'nuf; I'm never quite sure when add and when to multiply on these things :smallsmile: .

Satisfied with his work, Caleb retracts his medical prods and devices back into his Narthecium and turns to the ServoSkull waiting in standby, "Servo-Skull M-182B6, overlay directions originating from our current location to both the Bridge and Engine Room, taking into account any known structural damage and avoiding turbolifts. Give time estimations for both routes using our base average speeds up to this point."

The Commander
2010-11-28, 12:24 PM
The Servo Skull relays several paragraphs of directions and repeatedly offers alternatives if certain routes are blocked, stating that it does not know the full extent of the damage to the ship without access to the ship's central mainframe.

It gives you an estimate time to reach the Bridge as 3 hours, 12 minutes and 54 seconds. As for the Engineerium, it gives you an estimate time of 1 hour, 37 minutes and 2 seconds.

RogueTrader
2010-11-28, 02:41 PM
Caleb relays the findings to his colleagues, then turns back to the Skull, "Servo-Skull M-182B6, save and log these records for retrieval. Now relay fastest route to nearest Central Mainframe access point, following same parameters as before."

The Commander
2010-11-28, 05:25 PM
The Servo Skull acknowledges and gives you the directions to the Central Mainframe. This appears be the closest of the three locations requested, with an ETA of 20 minutes and 8 seconds; as relayed by the floating skull.

RogueTrader
2010-11-28, 10:45 PM
"Servo-Skull M-182B6, enter standby mode and await further instructions." Turning back to Magni, Caleb quickly summarizes the findings from the Skull to the Squad commander and the rest of the group, then adds, "Sir, if I may suggest based on my analysis of the situation, I would recommend making contact with the Central Mainframe en route to the Bridge or Engine Room. The potential information gained there would be invaluable in both gaining access to engine control and purifying this vessel of Xenos infestation." Caleb then looks around to his companions, silently inquiring for their input into the situation as well.

Executus
2010-11-29, 10:01 AM
Arkio nods at the apothecary in thanks for resetting the shoulder, which had been dislocated by the falling debris.

"If the Central Mainframe can tell us where the xenos are nesting, we should go there. Until we know the status of the ship, going to either the bridge or engine room is a gamble that may cost us our mission."

Rizhail
2010-11-29, 06:25 PM
Magni thinks for a moment, before nodding. "Aye, it would be best if we knew more about our situation before running off to the opposite ends of the ship. So long as our little friend's estimate is right, it won't add much time to whichever path we decide on once we are at the mainframe."

Stretching for a moment, wincing slightly at the newly fixed injuries caused by the falling corpse, the Space Wolf raises his bolter and nods at Caleb. "Unless there are any objections or better ideas, move out."

RogueTrader
2010-11-29, 06:55 PM
Hefting his bolter into ready position, Caleb takes point. Half turning, he says, "Servo-Skull M-182B6, follow 3 meters behind me." Then the team is out and in the hallways, scanning for trouble and heading for the Mainframe...

The Commander
2010-11-29, 07:05 PM
(I know I really shouldn't... but...)

Just as you begin to head off, the Servo Skull relays yet another message to you.

+++ Alert - Central Mainframe Offline, Servo Skull M-182B6 cannot establish connection with Central Mainframe. +++
+++ Estimated Cause of Unconnectivity - Central Mainframe is without power +++
+++ Maintenance Solution - Divert power to Central Mainframe +++

(Just on a side-note, you are free to rename the Servo Skull anything you like by just telling it it's designation is being reassigned to (whatever name you choose). M-182B6 is it's generic designation as given by the Tech-Priests of the ship.)

Rizhail
2010-12-01, 02:32 AM
Magni growls a moment, before keying the vox again. "Brother Caleb, transfer power to the mainframe, and see if there are any other systems that can be kicked on in the process. Even if we have to make a few rounds trips, I would prefer to gain better knowledge of the situation before setting a final course of action."

He turns to the rest of the squad. "Any thoughts that might alter our course, brothers?" he says, genuinely interested in any ideas his fellow marines might come up with.

RogueTrader
2010-12-01, 03:50 AM
"Yes Sir," replies the Apothecary, who doubles back to the console and makes the necessary power adjustments before moving back into line.

Executus
2010-12-01, 10:04 AM
Glad to be continuing with the mission, a playful smile appears behind the Blood Angel's faceplate. "We can only press forward, so this course seems as good as any to me. Lead on, little wolf."

With a final nod, he readies to move out, working his blade through a quick, brutal series of practice slashes to stay limber.

The Commander
2010-12-01, 12:42 PM
(So powering the Central Mainframe wouldn't consume all the power you have, you could also power either the Medicae Facility, part of the ship's automated defence grid or the transmissions array.)

The cogitator relays a successful power transfer. Are you heading directly to the Central Mainframe now?

Ceridan
2010-12-07, 08:26 PM
Stowing his weapons, Sven reached up and disengaged his helmets seal and removed it. He took a deep breath, his enhanced olfactory sense picking out the stench of Xenos ichor, burnt circuitry, and stale recycled air. He grimaced at the stink,as he tucked the helm under his arm.

"A moment brothers. Perhaps we should channel some power to the medicae bay, so we can open the cryo-stasis units. Chances are there may be some of the more skilled crew in there, or a flag officer."

Sven stroked his beard, a grin spread across his face. "For all we know General Curas of the Orpheus Salient and his staff may be in there. Regardless of whom ever may be in there, any Intel they could provide would be of use to us."

RogueTrader
2010-12-07, 11:14 PM
Caleb nods, "Certainly a viable option. Though after reviving those within Stasis if, in fact, any lived, time might be at a premium. We shall have to quickly analyze our progress and determine how long we have remaining to avoid mission failure."

Executus
2010-12-08, 11:44 AM
Arkio shakes his head at that suggestion. "If anyone still lives in stasis, they are safest there. Reviving them would simply risk their lives and our mission, until we have a more secure hold on the ship. Unless there is a squad of stormtroopers with them, they will require protection from us."

Rizhail
2010-12-11, 03:59 PM
Weighing his Brothers' words for a moment, Magni nods at Arkio. "Good points, all, but I must agree with Arkio. We shall leave medicae be for the moment; consider checking cryo-stasis to be a new tertiary objective for after we handle our main concerns.

Power up the transmission array, Brother Caleb, and we will take care of our primary objectives: reroute the ship, and contact Imperial Navy command about their wayword space hulk."

"Our way forward is thus: Get to the mainframe, and gather any intel it can give us. If we can make use of the transmission array from there, so be it. Unless we learn something that alters our course, we will then return here, reroute power to the engines, and head to the bridge to see if we cannot handle engines and transmissions simultaneously."

RogueTrader
2010-12-11, 05:01 PM
"Yes Sir." Caleb nods and immediately moves to the console to redirect power to the Mainframe. He then retrieves the Servo-Skull and reactivates the directions to the Central Mainframe and leads the way, weapon at the ready...

The Commander
2010-12-13, 06:19 PM
(Rolling some more things... [roll0] [roll1])

The Cogitator relays a successful power transfer to the Central Mainframe, however, it reads a warning when transferring power to the Transmission Array. It reads:

+++ Power Transfer Successful +++
+++ Warning - Transmission Array Damaged +++
+++ Power applied, awareness of complications required +++
+++ Central Mainframe Offline, unable to contact Tech-Priest Enclave +++
+++ Inform Maintenance Immediately +++

You make your way down the winding and branching corridors to the Central Mainframe. Sven, helmetless, finds breathing a little difficult and his head is terribly cold, but is otherwise fine. The bulkheads, with atmosphere restored, have retracted and leave your progress unhindered.

Everyone make a (-40) Sight Awareness Test, a (-20) Hearing Awareness Test and a (-30) Smell Awareness Test.

Ceridan
2010-12-13, 11:25 PM
Sven walked down the corridor, his breath misted in the cold air, as he swept his bolter to cover side corridors and vents as they passed them. The chill reminded him of climbing the Fang back home, although he deeply missed the fresh air.

Awareness Tests.
Sight, need a 26. [roll0]. Succeeded.
Hearing, need a 46. [roll1].
Smell, need a 36. [roll2].

Wolf Senses Re-rolls if needed.
Sight, [roll3].
Hearing, [roll4]. Succeeded with two degrees.
Smell, [roll5]. Succeeded with one degree.

The Commander
2010-12-14, 01:27 AM
(Since you passed the Sight Test, I'm going to assume you wish to stay in Squad Mode and not drop to Solo Mode to initiate Wolf Senses.)

Despite his Psychic Senses failing him, Sven's sight remains true to him and, as he checks the ventilation and ducting above him, his eyes meet a pair of black and hungry eyes staring back at him from behind a grille and the subtle glint of dozens of razor sharp teeth. A moment later and it would have been right on top of him; the perfect spot for an ambush.

(Everyone roll for Initiative, I'm going to be rolling your enemy's Initiative by using just one roll, as there are 8 of them. Them - [roll0]. Servo Skull - [roll1])

RogueTrader
2010-12-14, 01:50 AM
Caleb starts as he hears Sven's alarm. Dropping the Auspex to clatter against the ground, he swings up the barrel of his Bolter, praying to the Emperor that they have not just fallen into the trap of the dreaded foe...

Ceridan
2010-12-14, 02:31 AM
Sven's eyes lock onto those of the foul Xenos lurking in the ducts and called a warning, "Look to the ducts!" He swept his bolter up, bringing it to bare.

As to the mode, Sven will operate in solo, until ordered otherwise that is. The ability to re-roll perception based tests are far to handy to relinquish with-out just cause. :smallbiggrin:

Rizhail
2010-12-14, 08:29 PM
At Sven's call, Magni points his bolter toward the ambush point. "Arkio, watch behind us, they may try and catch us in a pincer attack!" He flicks the fire selector over to metal storm rounds.

Well, that roll isn't the best I've ever had.

If the enemies pop into line of sight during their turn, Magni will fire full-auto into the nearest cluster of them (though only if he can do so without hitting squad mates).