PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Human Favored Class: Sorcerer

Shadowbane
2010-10-15, 08:17 PM
Is it just me, or is this really good? I mean, holy magikarp, that's twenty extra spells known! It's the same for Alchemist, Bard, Witch, Inquisitor and Oracle. The only classes I'd say it's ok for are the Alchemist and Bard, because they (in my humble opinion) suck. That said, is it too good for the sorcerer?

Thoughts?

Crossblade
2010-10-15, 08:54 PM
Well they lacked the versatility the Wizard had... but still, that's comparing grenades to bazookas.
Just commenting on the spells is a small picture, they get more feats now with blood lines. I haven't played or stat'ed out one yet, so I can't stay the functionality of it.
I think it was put that way though to try and catch it up to Wizards... and why Wizards were given less spells per day.

Mongoose87
2010-10-15, 08:57 PM
Well, really it's 17 spells - who is gonna sacrifice 1 HP or skill point for an extra zero-level spell?

Starbuck_II
2010-10-15, 09:10 PM
Well, really it's 17 spells - who is gonna sacrifice 1 HP or skill point for an extra zero-level spell?

True, I'm glad you choose level by level.

Crossblade
2010-10-15, 09:20 PM
Wait, I'm missing something here... likely because I'm a poor skim reader. (And it makes me feel dumb having already posted in this thread about it) :smalltongue:
Where are these extra spells listed to be gotten? There's the bloodline spells, but there's only 9 of those gained. And the Spells known table is identical in PF to 3.5...

Mongoose87
2010-10-15, 09:25 PM
Wait, I'm missing something here... likely because I'm a poor skim reader. (And it makes me feel dumb having already posted in this thread about it) :smalltongue:
Where are these extra spells listed to be gotten? There's the bloodline spells, but there's only 9 of those gained. And the Spells known table is identical in PF to 3.5...

Advanced Player's Guide: Alternate Favored Class bonuses. Check it out.

Crossblade
2010-10-15, 09:35 PM
Advanced Player's Guide: Alternate Favored Class bonuses. Check it out.

Ah, I don't have that book yet, just Core. But next week is pay week, and it is on 'The List'.

Here's a slightly more on topic question. Are some blood lines better/worse than others? Some seem to look more gish-y where others seem to look more wizard specialized school-ish.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-15, 09:38 PM
Oh, well it's OGC, so... The pfsrd has it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/human).

Gerbah
2010-10-15, 09:39 PM
It's a pretty sweet bonus, helpful if you don't want to spend the cash on Knowstones (which may not even be allowed, since it's 3.5). I don't think it's terribly overpowered, let's you be a bit more versatile at the cost of 1 Hp/skill point.

However, the same kind of bonus for Wizards and Alchemists is a heck of a lot less useful, since they can just pop over to a library or find a Wizard to get a handful more spells in their books. I really wish they would've realized that and given them something more useful, but hey, Wizards are good enough as is, as are Alchemists (trust me, they're pretty strong, and a strong contender for my new favorite class).

EDIT: Oh, Crossblade. Well, it's kinda subjective, but I'd say that yes some are better than others. Abberation seems pretty strong, giving reach, critical/sneak attack resistance and Spell Resistance as well. While something like Fey gives you the ability to turn invisible. Which is still good, mind you, but hey. They're all built on the same mechanic mainly (give resistance to A, immune to B, bonus to C), so simply swapping out Fire for Cold isn't game breaking.

Rixx
2010-10-15, 09:59 PM
They're all roughly as good as each other, but they're not perfectly balanced. Any one is still a viable choice.