PDA

View Full Version : Best God for Prayer Beads

Beelzebub1111
2010-10-15, 10:08 PM
Okay, so let's say there's a bunch of clerics in the group arguing over who gets the Prayer bead that summons the avatar of a the priest's deity. How would you decide priority? Does this just devolve into "My god can beat up your god?"

Jallorn
2010-10-15, 10:17 PM
Not at all, you also have to think about whether the god might decide to smite you just for fun.

or because you're evil.

OracleofWuffing
2010-10-15, 10:25 PM
Tell them you'll cut the bead in half and give each of them half. The first one to suggest giving the whole bead to the other cleric instead gets to have the bead.

Alternatively, tell them you'll cut the bead in half but instead use it to summon the avatar of your character's deity to kick some friendliness into their heads.

Tyndmyr
2010-10-15, 10:37 PM
Whoever has the neutral god wins. Because he's least likely to solve the problem by wiping out the opposition.

Knaight
2010-10-15, 10:38 PM
Tell them you'll cut the bead in half and give each of them half. The first one to suggest giving the whole bead to the other cleric instead gets to have the bead.

This sounds vaguely familiar for some reason.:smalltongue:

Swordgleam
2010-10-15, 11:18 PM
Whichever's most useful at the moment. Fighter's on death's door? Summon the healbot god. Need to stomp some orcs? Summon the goddess of slaughter.

Optimator
2010-10-16, 12:03 AM

Reminded me of Sienfeld.

Claudius Maximus
2010-10-16, 12:16 AM
I'm afraid the Bead of Summoning no longer summons gods. It hasn't been that way since 3.0 I think.

Jack Zander
2010-10-16, 10:18 PM

I'm assuming the smiley means you are kidding, but just in case you aren't it comes from the Book of Kings.

Elfin
2010-10-16, 10:46 PM
I'm assuming the smiley means you are kidding, but just in case you aren't it comes from the Book of Kings.

Really? I thought it had something to do with Newman and a bicycle. :smallconfused:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-16, 10:48 PM
I'm afraid the Bead of Summoning no longer summons gods. It hasn't been that way since 3.0 I think.

I might be misremembering but Beelzebub is playing 2e, not 3e.

now, on the topic at hand, I second the suggestion of summning the god which would be more useful at hand (or that might have direct interest in the issue)

Jack Zander
2010-10-16, 11:27 PM
Really? I thought it had something to do with Newman and a bicycle. :smallconfused:

That's because there is nothing new under the sun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OlderThanTheyThink).

OracleofWuffing
2010-10-17, 12:27 AM
I thought it had to do with Dinosaurs (http://www.tv.com/dinosaurs/switched-at-birth/episode/62889/recap.html?tag=episode_recap;recap) myself. I jest about this, of course.