PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Adventuring Gear Shopping List

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-15, 11:36 PM
I've been trying to compile a list of essential equipment that all adventures need to buy at first level aside from weapons, armor and class items like spellbooks and holy symbols. Pathfinder decided to dispense with the whole "class packages" idea, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to just what is essential to have in your backpack, and since I'm planning on getting into Pathfinder extensively, I want to know just what is essential and how much it all costs.

And please keep jokes about ten-foot poles and the like to a minimum. I'm trying to figure something relatively serious out.

Thank you.

Tvtyrant
2010-10-15, 11:38 PM
1. Standard ladder, break it in half and you have two ten foots poles. You have just made a profit!

2. Caltrops.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-16, 12:11 AM
I'll admit I'm thinking more about the kind of things you put in your inventory at 1st level and then never use again, like bedrolls and tents and stuff.

Arutema
2010-10-16, 12:23 AM
My personal list:
Backpack
Bedroll
Trail Rations
Whetstone
Waterskin
Soap
Flint and Steel
Torches

Kulture
2010-10-16, 10:01 PM
Rope, at least 50ft of it.
MW backpack.
Rock solvent (disolves a cubic metre of stone per flask)
Flasks of oil,
Crossbow with a few bolts and some grappling hook bolts, because every class can make use of it.
Door spikes/wedges.
Bags of chalk powder/flour (the latter is also combustible and can be used to make bread in times of famine.)

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-16, 10:11 PM
I assume the chalk powder or flour is to be used as a poor adventurer's Dust of Appearance?