PDA

View Full Version : How fast can you get a spontaneous spell?

WarKitty
2010-10-16, 03:45 PM
As the title says. I already have the rapid spell feat. Are there any other ways to decrease the casting time of a spontaneous spell?

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 03:48 PM
Swift action with either:
Sudden Quicken: Huge feat investment.
Rapid Metamagic + Quicken Spell: Might only work for arcane casters (I'd have to check).
Spontaneous Metamagic + Quicken Spell: requires Sorcerer and trading away your familiar.

Jack_Simth
2010-10-16, 03:53 PM
As the title says. I already have the rapid spell feat. Are there any other ways to decrease the casting time of a spontaneous spell?
You can get it down to an immediate action - either with a specific spell that's an immediate action (such as Wings of Cover), or by using time granted by a spell that's an immediate action (such as the Celerity line).

Edit: Oh yes, Arcane Preparation + Quicken Spell... isn't quite what you want.
Accelerate Metamagic (Races of the Dragon) lets you pick a metamagic feat (such as Quicken Spell) to apply without increased casting time. Rapid Metamagic (Complete Mage) has higher requirements, but does the same thing for *all* metamagic. Goes well with Quicken Spell.

WarKitty
2010-10-16, 03:55 PM
Ah. I'm working with a divine caster, sorry. I do take item suggestions.

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 04:01 PM
Circlet of Rapid Casting (MiC page 86): 3 daily charges cast a 2nd level or lower spell as a swift action for 1 charge, 3rd for 2, and 4th for 3; head slot, 15,000.

Or just Metamagic Rod Quicken.

WarKitty
2010-10-16, 04:58 PM
Circlet of Rapid Casting (MiC page 86): 3 daily charges cast a 2nd level or lower spell as a swift action for 1 charge, 3rd for 2, and 4th for 3; head slot, 15,000.

Or just Metamagic Rod Quicken.

Hmmm...Metamagic Rods state they still take up a full-round action to use. Circlet of Rapid Casting only works on standard action spells - I need something that will quicken a full-round action spell.