PDA

View Full Version : A Rock Biter?!?!?

Dr.Epic
2010-10-16, 05:24 PM
So, I recently saw the Never Ending Story (cue music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJQOnT0xAM)) for the first time a few days ago and decided I might want to incorporate a rock biter into a campaign. Has anyone ever done this before? Just wondering because it might save me some time and I figure there's a good chance someone has. If not, then I don't really see a problem. Unless they has some power I'm not familiar with (I've only seen the first film), then they just seem like a tank build: high str, high con, lot of HP, high natural armor, high DR. That seem right?

Eldan
2010-10-16, 05:27 PM
Pretty much. I can't remember any other powers. It's also about huge size.

Actually, the thing I've always wanted to homebrew was Ygramul. Such a cool monster. Teleportation poison.

AustontheGreat1
2010-10-16, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Ygramul was not in the movie. Though if you liked the movie, believe me the book is at least 10x better. I recommend it. Though I don't understand why your so interested in Rockbiter as he was comparatively uninteresting.

As far as the write up, just remember he was a lithovore and it seems his race had the ability to make almost any tool or piece of equipment out of nothing but rock. Thats all I really remember about him.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-16, 11:59 PM
As far as the write up, just remember he was a lithovore and it seems his race had the ability to make almost any tool or piece of equipment out of nothing but rock. Thats all I really remember about him.

'Kay.

I'm still trying to decide on creature type: (earth) elemental or giant. Yeah, I know their made of rock but I'm wondering if they more suited for a giant.

Also, colossal or gargantuan?

AustontheGreat1
2010-10-17, 12:20 AM
Probably giant with the [earth] subtype. I'd say gargantuan.

Debihuman
2010-10-17, 12:38 AM
Try the galeb duhr from MM2. That's almost perfect.

Debby

Dr.Epic
2010-10-17, 12:53 AM
Try the galeb duhr from MM2. That's almost perfect.

Debby

Way too small.

Eldan
2010-10-17, 06:37 AM
Yeah, Ygramul was not in the movie. Though if you liked the movie, believe me the book is at least 10x better. I recommend it. Though I don't understand why your so interested in Rockbiter as he was comparatively uninteresting.

She/it/they wasn't? Huh. Must be longer than I thought since I last saw the movie. How did they get to the southern oracle, then?

Ziegander
2010-10-17, 06:43 AM
DM Fiat.

And shame on you, Auston, for saying Rock Biter was uninteresting! One of the most memorable lines in the whole movie was uttered by Rock Biter.

"They look like big, strong hands... don't they?"

Debihuman
2010-10-17, 10:02 AM
Way too small.

Advance the galeb duhr to Colossal size. It's a jumping off point at least. It would be fairly easy to adapt.

Deb

Dr.Epic
2010-10-17, 06:10 PM
She/it/they wasn't? Huh. Must be longer than I thought since I last saw the movie. How did they get to the southern oracle, then?

He rode Falcor, then he had to pass the gates.