PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] AMEN XXXV: The Becky Horror Posting Show

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 06:58 PM
WELCOME TO AMEN!
Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious

A BRIEF HISTORY by the esteemed Lord Magtok
In the darkest pits of despair there lived a fearsome being, one made of pure malevolence, hatred, and madness. He had an equally dark and loathsome plan for our world, the formation of an organization to be known as Evil Incorporated, destined to spread his unhallowed name throughout the world, so that all might come to know and fear the one named Psyke_D.

Fortunately for the rest of us, there's already a webcomic called Evil Inc. When this was pointed out by yours truly, the members of this fledgling new organization went into a frenzy. What good could an evil organization be without a suitably original, stylish, and menacing name? All sorts of suggestions were produced, everything from Vilecom (painfully bland) to Fullbladder's Fabulous Funky Foursome (Totally incorrect, as there was at least six of us by then).

Finally, someone (and by someone I mean me) offered a suggestion even better than Evil Inc, the "Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious". Everyone immediately realized that this was by far the best name they'd ever heard of, and after a chorus of "AMEN, brother"s and nibbling on some pixies, the Association had officially begun.

Years went by after that. In-jokes were formed, members came and went, and dictators were ousted and replaced with new dictators more swiftly than Central America during the Cold War on steroids. It was a glorious time, full of wars with EVIL, The Town, France, and HALO. (All ending in AMEN victories, aside from the last one, which was more of a cease-fire stalemate thingy)

Lives were lost, promptly restored, and then lost again. Love blossomed between various Associates, dark feuds between others, and every manner of nonsense imaginable, but that chaotic energy, that "Burn it all and let the gods sort it out" attitude always came before anything else.

Sadly, these days were destined to end eventually. AMEN just couldn't keep up with HALO, GLoG, and the rest of the world, and xenophobically shut its doors upon the rest of the world. A Dark Age ensued, full of newbs posting inane nonsense and old members complaining about the newbs instead of trying to better their situation, until eventually, not even the newbs were posting anymore.

Then came hope. Most called him crazy (and they were right), others called him ridiculously optimistic, and some say he's a big smelly dragon who doesn't bathe anywhere near as much as he should (Or maybe only I say that), but everyone else called him Gordon, the new leader of AMEN. Realizing that this xenophobic age had to end, he led AMEN out of the darkness, and brought about a new age of darkness, gave us a world where AMEN is once again a serious threat. For that, we owe him our thanks. I'm still gonna stab him in the back the first chance I get, though.

THE BUILDING
You don’t want to know. The greatest minds of our time have studied AMEN’s base, only to be driven MAD by the labyrinthine, ever shifting corridors and reality-defying chambers. The base itself is sentient, and doesn’t really take kindly to smartasses trying to map it. That being said, as long as you don’t try [i]too hard to make sense of the base, it’s not difficult to find, say, the an empty bunk, the common room, the can, the lab, et cetera. Of course, there’s much more to the base than that, but I can’t tell you about it. 1) Because it would crush your little mind, and 2) because I don’t wanna.

MEMBERSHIP FORM
You don’t want to know. The greatest minds of our time have studied AMEN’s membership form, only to be driven MAD by the labyrinthine, ever shifting legalese and the reality-defying... ah, you know the drill. Just sign in blood at the bottom. Don’t worry, once you get past the legalese it’s all fairly standard. *cough*

LIST OF MEMBERS
Gordon-Phantom.
Magtok-Magtok.
Jack-Murkus.
The Moff-Moff Chumley
Rot-Vampire Rot
Becky-BR
Darcy-HT
Xavier-Billtodamax
Ilpholin-Reinholdt
Anyu - Haruki
Riv - ThirdEmperor

OOC NOTES & RULES
For the sake of variety, these rules will be listed in the form of Russian reversals. Wanna know why? Because I WAS BORED.

In Soviet Russia, AMEN base doesn’t destroy YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, godmodding aren’t allowed to YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, spam doesn’t post YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, t3h s3cks drop curtains on YOU!!

HOW TO JOIN
Step 1) Wander in.
Step 2) Attempt to secure a membership form from an existing member. Which is no mean feat.
Step 3) Do not, under any circumstances, read the form. No, not even then.
Step 4) Sign in blood, please! Preferably yours.
Step 5) Congratulations, you’re now in AMEN! Weekly dues are paid to the current head.

About Henchmen
Henchmen for the most part can be godmoded, however, certain henchmen are normally under one players control.

Standard henchmen attack uniform.http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2010/AMEMSoldier.png by MethosH, from the Nexus webcomic.

List of important henchmen
Rogar Head Henchman, manages the henchmen. Fights with electrostaff.
Sweetums Head Ogre Usher, most powerful fighter of henchmen. Makes the very nice fudge.
Pete Henchman of Navial business. Insane, thinks he's a pirate, always talks like one.
Mr E Spymaster of henchmen. No telling what he looks like.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 07:01 PM
Rot yawns loudly. Its unnoticeable, but its a fake yawn, because vampire's aren't subject to whatever natural need causes the yawn.

"This dance-fighting is getting boring. Can we do actual evil stuff?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 07:05 PM
Wanna go attack Watchtower? Riv says, doing a spin on the wall, while doing the wave, while bouncing a laser disco-ball between his shoulders, while robot-dancing/doing the hustle, while wearing a top hat, fake afro and bell-bottom disco suit. FUNKY.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 07:07 PM
"What, and be incinerated? No thanks."

Rot glares at Riv.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 07:10 PM
Halo? GLoG? Inside? Riverside? NexusStock?

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 07:12 PM
"Why don't we just go outside and start kidnapping random innocent civilians? I need a few samples and sacrifices," says Anyu. "I'll give you a present if you capture a virgin."

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 07:13 PM
"Capture?

How do you do that?"

Rot looks apprehensively at Anyu.

"Does it involve not eating people?" :smallannoyed:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 07:14 PM
Anyu sighs. "Yes, you blood-thirsty weirdo. You catch stuff before eating it. And sometimes you don't eat it. You save it for later. Got me?"

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 07:17 PM
"I was following until you got to the part where you sometimes don't eat it."

Rot furrows his brow.

"Is that like when you accidentally catch a paladin and he kicks your arse?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 07:23 PM
If you need sacrifices, just use the henchman. What I always do. And Rot, capturing is like when you catch something and decide it doesn't taste good. In short, pointless.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-16, 09:44 PM
Magtok sits about lazily, as he tends to do every now and then, when a thought suddenly pops into his head.

Hey, something just occurred to me...shouldn't Gordon's goons be done hypocritically kidnapping a child from PACK by now? It's been a while, much longer than it took me to capture that teacher, but I suppose that's what you'd expect from a project I've got no involvement in.

That's a little harsh and vain, Maggy. Of course, given that Gordon had you murdered for the possibility that you might do what he's doing right now, I guess I can let it slide just this once.

Oh, and also, while I'm yapping about that teacher, is he still on the premises, or did someone accidentally leave his cage open after drinking too much again?

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 09:46 PM
"No, I'm pretty sure he's still here."

Rot nods.

"I remember being incinerated by a portal to the plane of holy energy, at least. Stupid creative people."

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 09:47 PM
Gordon enters the main room.

"I think he's still here. By the way, how are your muscles? Tightened up from too much stress?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:54 PM
"He'd better be. He's locked up with anti-magic stuff and I need him." :smallmad:

Hey Ilpholin is here now that the fighting is lulled.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 09:56 PM
Anyu looks interested. "What kind of Anti-Magic stuff? Talismans? Shields? Wards? Four Leaf Clovers?"

Lord Magtok
2010-10-16, 09:56 PM
Magtok gives the Gordon a sort of confused and mildly disturbed look.

...Are you trying to offer me a sensual massage? :smallconfused:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 09:57 PM

For comedic purposes, Anyu was drinking some iced tea right when Magtok says that. She nearly chokes.

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 10:02 PM

"Me, no. But the henchmen did put together a spa upstairs, and I thought you should be one of the first to try it out."

Hey, Gordon's been working on improving benfits for members.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:02 PM
A strange energy begins to near the base. It draws closer and closer with each minute until the very air is permeated by a dark essence. The noise of the doors leading into the base being smashed down echoes through the corridor. Into the base steps Zeta, a black robed, masked man with a truly foreboding aura. The space around him shudders at his powerful energy levels.

"Where are the lives I might take?" he sneers.

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 10:04 PM
Zeta is probably going to step right into a giant spider web.

Moff wanders by and pulls out some popcorn from hammerspace to watch Mister Squiggles feed. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:06 PM
Anyu looks interested. "What kind of Anti-Magic stuff? Talismans? Shields? Wards? Four Leaf Clovers?"

"Manacles." She says before rolling her eyes and going to disappear off-screen again.

Indeed, there are now bunches of webs at the front door. Zeta probably just walked right into them. That would make the giant dire spider very happy.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 10:06 PM
And the black threads in the wall send out their own strange energy canceling out Zeta aura and making him look like an fool that just walked into the Realm of Evil, and most of what's in the realm wants to kill him or worst.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 10:08 PM
"Ah, manacles. Nice touch! Classic." She turns tolook at Zeta. "Uhm... hey... you're kinda stepping on my magic circle."

The magic circle activates and invisible walls appear around the edge, trapping Zeta. They won't damage him and he's got enough space.

Anyu approaches. "Now, then. What's your name, what are you up to?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 10:09 PM
Riv leaves, heading for his lab. You may want to be carefull, he's pretty tough. He says on the way out.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:09 PM
"Oooh, a guest! Time to gut his insolent little heart out!"

Rot rubs his hands together and joins all the other villains in glaring and grinning evilly at Zeta.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 10:10 PM
Anyu grabs rot by the collar. "Easy, Leech. You still haven't introduced yourself."

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:12 PM
Rot's collar, being the humongous velvet one that vampires usually wear, is easily grabbed.

"Awww... Stupid Rules of Villainy. I don't even have any elaborate evil plans to explain to him, or a cat to stroke!"

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:16 PM
He stands on the rubble to the door which he promptly sets ablaze. He draws his bloodied sword and yells evilly,
"I heard there were lives to end here, I command you to tell me where they are."
Zeta chucks a molotov cocktail at the entryway.
"My dark masters wouldn't like it if I returned before filling my quota and neither would you!"

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:18 PM
The moltov cocktail... catches in the web and stays there, not shattering or anything. Mister Squiggles is really lucky that the flame hasn't caught his web yet. Gives him time to leave the room. Though it'll likely catch soon enough.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:18 PM
"Wait, are you a good guy or a bad guy? I mean, dark masters and ending lives seems pretty villainous, but we're the bad guys and you're threatening us."

Rot, not all villains are buddies. You should know that, what with your repeated attempted killing of other AMEN members.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 10:19 PM
And look there is an black cat staring at Zeta. It looks like it's see hundreds like him before and will see milions after Zeta is not but dust in his grave.
Mwwww mr.

And Zeta just got dismissed by an cat.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 10:23 PM
"Slow down, buddy," she says to Zeta. "Again, who are you? And who do you work for?"

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:27 PM
"...do you mean to tell me you are all evil? That means your lives are worth nothing to me! Arrgh! Still, I will answer your question, I work for myself. You see, I have a hobby which involves an insane amount of death. Its one of my favorite pastimes, that and kicking puppies of course." the man indignantly replies, licking his bloodied sword with his black tongue, his piercing red eyes darting from left to right, analyzing the area for any signs of true potential.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-16, 10:29 PM
That...actually sounds fairly nice, Gordon. I'll be sure to check it out later, and suspect that it's a plot to hypnotize or blackmail or torture me until I've been through the thing a few times and-

Magtok rolls his eyes at the new arrival.

Heh, dark masters, oooh, scary. Honey, this group right here, the Association of the Malicious, Evil, And Nefarious? We eat dark masters for breakfast. Every Thursday, usually, or whenever I wake up too late and everyone's already eaten and I can't be bothered to make pancakes because I know everyone's going to try to steal them and if I try to fight them about it I'll just get blood on the food and then Rot will get it all to himself.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 10:30 PM
Well the cat and the walls have strange auras and insane amount of power flowing through them in odd patterns that come close to making sence but fail.

And the cat is walking away.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:31 PM
"I think you'll fit in great here! Killing is one of our favorite things to do! Mine, at least! And we have a puppy kicking contest."

Rot fishes around for some joining paperwork. What? :smallconfused:

He's a vampire. A friggen powerful one, but dumb.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 10:32 PM
Riv returns from his lab, having donned a odd-looking vest, and addreses Zeta Look friend, I am sorry to say that I don not have the power to let you out of this trap, and my companions will not until they are satisfied. I would suggest you explain what kind of lives are worth something to you. It may help.

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 10:33 PM
Moff speaks into the intercom. "PowderBlue, SkyBlue, RoyalBlue, entrance please. No weapons." :smallsmile:

"Damn it, what does he want now?"

"Probably to kill us all horribly."

"Or offer us to some stranger who just busted down a door to be killed horribly by him."

Three unarmed henchmen arrive at the front entrance. "Hey, he's in a magic shell that Anyu made. We're safe!" :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2010-10-16, 10:36 PM
"That's what he wants you to think."

Becky grins, as she slips out of a shadow.

"Hey, I hear somebody calling my name every time somebody posts here. Who rang?"

Hyozo
2010-10-16, 10:38 PM
Hyozo walks into the room after Magtok's rant and notes "All that and we still don't actually do anything. The infighting is fun and all, but nothing else we do ever seems to work."

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 10:40 PM
"Hey! I like to be nice to henchmen!

....ok, no, I don't. But ocasionally, my work requires me to put people in magic shells. It's not my fault other people get protected by it. Now, someone sign this guy up, I've had enough paperwork for a lifetime."

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:44 PM
"So you eat dark masters for breakfast? Then you wouldn't mind if I transported you to the deepest ring of hell to meet mine would you?" the man sneers. "Do you really believe this barrier can hold me?"

Zeta releases a burst of dark power which would probably easily disable the barrier.

ApeofLight
2010-10-16, 10:46 PM
Al undeadtimes and looks around.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:47 PM
Zeta should find a leering vampire handing her a lengthy contract concerning joining AMEN.

"Sign in blood. Doesn't have to be yours.

Not mine though." :smallyuk:

Signing the form will most definitely not give your soul to Cthulu. Wink.

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 10:47 PM
"Anyone mind if I eat him? He's getting to be very annoying."

Gordon heads towards the group of AMENites, twirling a bracelet on one finger.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 10:49 PM
The black thread shoot out of the walls and flow around the barrier reinforcing it over an hundredfold.

And mouths are coming out of the floor again.

What a young fool. Here AMEN is in control.

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 10:54 PM
((Hey Alexandrian? Your character may be a total badass, but this base is inhabited by a lot of other badasses, and this is their territory. There's no way for a one man frontal assault on AMEN to succeed, no matter who the one man is. You need intel and cunning to even have a remote shot, and a boatload of allies to have a fighting chance. :smallsmile:))

Moff continues nomming popcorn.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:55 PM
Zeta draws a pen and vial of blood. He signs his name with the blood then tosses the pen at Gordon laughing, "You eat me, how absurd. You mortals are quite engaging aren't you. Maybe you should see me in my true form."

Life energy rushes out of everything in the area. Zeta is engulfed in it. As the power begins to swell, a dragon steps from the area. It is black with piercing red eyes. It roars in glee as it eyes Gordon and the others in the area. The dark energy suddenly vanishes leaving the dragon in its form until the spell takes effect again.

(Yeah and I had no intention of this character actually assaulting this area. That would be foolhardy. He was fed false info from a long dead source. And even in his dragon form he wouldn't stand a chance against PCs.)

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:56 PM
The moltov cocktail catches the web on fire and some webbing breaks sending the entire bottle falling in a swinging motion straight at Rot's face.

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 10:56 PM
Moff drops his popcorn and rolls on the floor laughing until he's out of breath.

"Aaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha..."

http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/smilie_biglaugh.gif

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 10:57 PM
And the Dragon that is Zeta now as a black hooded form staring at it. And the threads are forming into huge hands trying to grab his legs.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:57 PM
"Oh lookie. Another dragon. Any relation to you, Gordie?"

Rot smiles and checks over the paperwork. !uluhtC liaH And yes, I will say that every time paperwork is signed. :smalltongue:

Oh yeah. Rot ducks the cocktail. No way a generic flaming bottle is hitting him in the head. He may be flammable, but he's not completely useless.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 10:58 PM
The dragon also begins to roar with laughter at this comedic display.

(And yes, this comes from a real strange part of his unrevealed backstory.)

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 10:59 PM
Gordon smiles.

"Intesting, however..."

Gordon transforms into his dragon self. A huge dark blue scaled dragon, with a faint red glow between the scales.

"You aren't the only dragon here. And no Rot, I am not related to this idiot."

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 11:01 PM
Oh well. That's ok. The cocktail smashes into the wall finally releasing its contents.

Which unsurprisingly sets the entire, very webbed, very flammable room ON FIRE!!

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 11:02 PM
"Screw you guys, there's fire!"

Rot jumps, pops in midair, and scampers out of the room as a rat. Frankie's monster was right! Fire bad!

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-16, 11:02 PM
Riv turns to Rot and says...... Something. Or rather doesn't say something. Anyone in the room who isn't part eldritch abomination will simultaneously remember hearing exactly what he said and him not saying anything at all. That is how you speak the language.

The Bushranger
2010-10-16, 11:03 PM
Becky looks at the newcomer dragon...

...and yawns.

"Oh, my. Another dragon. How utterly common and disgustingly boring," she says, pulling out a nail file. And the pigatiled Goth shadowdancer leans against the wall, starts filing her nails, and utterly ignores Zeta.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 11:03 PM
Pinata Time.

Zeta feet since he didn't try to move away are grabed. And now the hands flip him upside down and hanging from the ceiling.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-16, 11:04 PM
"Oh, for Hecate's sake!" yells Anyu. "Agua!"

She extends her hand and begins to Hydro-Pump the fire out. "You crazy people. Now listen here," she says, drawing her whip for the first time. "We're going to sit down and talk this outlike civilized villains, or else blood is gonna be spilled around here, and I don't want blood to be spilled, because it took me forever to collect it and label it in those vials, alright?"

ApeofLight
2010-10-16, 11:05 PM
" Would you all shut up! I'm trying to figure out a plot here. " Al says from his seat. He then goes back to thinking. Thinking... Thinking....

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 11:07 PM
"So another dragon resides here as well. How long have you existed, how many have you slaughtered with prejudice? Who crafted you?" Zeta inquires while his overlapping scales begin to recreate his armor of old. His teeth sharpen to daggers and he breathes energy which miraculously extinguishes the fire.

"And this building isn't entirely evil. It has enough evil that I can connect with it yet real evil acts similarly to an extension of myself."

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 11:08 PM
Well the hydro pump kinda extinguished the fire first. Cause now there's steam!
And that's all I'm adding to this.

Ilpholin's going to check up on Ileyana.

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 11:08 PM
(Shouldn't he be hanging from the ceiling. I give him a chance to move and he didn't say anything so I thought it was ok.)

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 11:09 PM
"Squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak *poof* so then I said, but the banana wasn't on fire! Hawhaw!"

Rot, seeing the bad fire is gone, has come back into the room.

"Lets do what Anyu said with the blood."

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 11:15 PM
(Yeah he's hanging from the ceiling. And the extension of himself spheal is not all its cracked up to be. He just finds that whatever he serves occasionally links him to other pure evil so they can somewhat fuse senses seeing and hearing what the other hears and inserting thoughts into the each others' heads.)

The Bushranger
2010-10-16, 11:16 PM
"...crafted? You think somebody crafts dragons?"

...Becky now joins the Moff in ROFL'ing. :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 11:19 PM
"I made myself who I am today. And I feel no need to explain myself to a foolish dragon who fought he could just walk in and threaten AMEN."

Gordon is not happy about this.

"Moff, what do you think we should do to him?"

ApeofLight
Al sighs and shakes his head. " That's it, if anyone needs me I'll be in my personal lab at home. Doing... something... " Al says and then walks off.

Hyozo
Hyozo looks at the pair of dragons, and yawns "Who does this guy think he is? Stop waiting around and kill him." Following his own advice, he'll extend his arm in a generic hexing gesture and fire off a bolt of magical acid, aimed at Zeta's eye.

It's pretty weak though, more likely to be painful than actually harmful

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 11:23 PM
"Toss him in the valcano and see if it undragons him?" Moff suggests. :smallsmile:

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 11:24 PM
"I signed your gosh darn paperwork, I'm just asking because I might be one of your ancestors?" the dragon sighs as he prepares for anything. "And yes, I was crafted, that's how ancient I am. And I was told that this was a station for adventurers."

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 11:27 PM
MMMMmmmmmm I vote to take apart so all of Amen, can craft dragons too.

And the giant eye is the ceiling is back, and still following Rot.

The Bushranger
2010-10-16, 11:28 PM
Becky manages to compose herself, but she's still smirking.
"I like that idea," she says to the Moff - before barely managing another round of giggling. "A 'station for adventurers'? Geez, we need to hire an image consultant if that's how they're describing us these days."

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 11:28 PM
"He did sign the paperwork. So he's a member now."

Rot grins. He's doing po-lo-tics! He thinks. :smallconfused:

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 11:29 PM
The dragon rolls his eyes, "I doubt that you can reverse engineer me, unless you are some sort of god or goddess."

D_Lord
2010-10-16, 11:31 PM
I'm an Elder Evil. I eat gods and goddess and about everything else.

So get candy time?

ThePhantom
2010-10-16, 11:31 PM
"I signed your gosh darn paperwork, I'm just asking because I might be one of your ancestors?" the dragon sighs as he prepares for anything. "And yes, I was crafted, that's how ancient I am. And I was told that this was a station for adventurers."

"That's not likely. As for being a station for adventures, no. AMEN is a place of villians. Oh, and I hope you don't mind being cloned, cause the order of business is a trip in the lava for you."

Gordon tries to grab Zeta's head in one of his claws, to keep Zeta from opening it wide enough for any breath attacks.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-16, 11:52 PM
"Good luck." the dragon announces. The look on its face betrays its trepidation while the voice, oddly enough, remains calm.

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 12:03 AM
"Oh don't worry, maybe Moff might have a drop of mercy in his body and ask me not to drop you in. Then again, the chances of that are slim."

Gordon attempts to drag Zeta to the balcony overlooking the lava at the volcano's heart.

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 12:04 AM
"You're kidding, right?" Moff says, following along and eating popcorn.

D_Lord
2010-10-17, 12:05 AM
Well the hands aren't letting go so that may be a bit harder than normal. And Dark Lord has an bat in it's hands.

Candy Time?

The Alexandrian
2010-10-17, 12:05 AM
"Ha ha ha" the dragon laughs," "Bye bye." Zeta's voice announces from the dragon as it detonates from within. Its flesh splatters on all the observers as the wreckage of a machine falls to the ground popping and sizzling the flesh as though it were a grill at a barbecue. A speaker falls from the corpse, "Did you really think I was so foolish that I would walk into your base believing it to be an 'adventurer's post' (snicker) you crack me up. With the help of my mechanist friend, we have successfully performed a reconnaissance on your base! And, for your own information Gordon, I capture dragons and bend their minds to my will! Its not difficult, you are all so haughty." And then, the speaker itself detonates.

(For clarification, the machinery was hooked into the dragon's brain stem, eyes, and nervous system, thus hijacking all desired bodily functions while a speaker was planted in it. Thank your friend purple hatted friend at PACK for inspiring the cloaking device which bends light and projects images onto the refracted light thus creating the illusion of Zeta entering the base. A hint, Zeta always wears his armor. Also the color change for the dragon should have given you a hint that the speaker changed!)

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 12:08 AM
"Uh oh. He knows we have a spider web and a lava pit! We're doomed!" Moff says.

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 12:09 AM
Gordon snarls at the trick. :smallfurious:

"Moff, what is the AMEN way for dealing with people who think to make fools of us?"

Zeta is deadmeat for this.

D_Lord
2010-10-17, 12:12 AM
Grrrr:smallmad:

This isn't good. The base itself is shaking, the black thread pulling the walls around.
No one, TAKES CANDY AWAY FROM ME!!!

*Snap*
and here is some of that army that showed up at NexusStock.
Find him. Kill him.

This could be really bad.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-17, 12:13 AM
Riv is cracking up. Man, I wish they'de told me about this sooner. I would totally had a few choice insults for Magtok.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-17, 12:14 AM
All of a sudden, candy spurts from the speaker, covering the lair in an unbelievable amount of candy. It doesn't seem possible that such a large amount of candy could be spewed from such a small container.

D_Lord
2010-10-17, 12:16 AM
Too bad it's still hopping mad. and now it's not and eatting candy. Too bad the army of the wierd block things are still going out of the base and heading for PACK.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-17, 12:17 AM
Good thing the celestials aren't at PACK but in another dimension waiting to be re summoned. They were just tools in some mastermind's plan! (Gasp!)

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-17, 12:18 AM
Riv quickly types something on his portable thingamajig. Not even gonna think up a name.

D_Lord
2010-10-17, 12:21 AM
(And the who is stronger doesn't matter. Pack is still going to be under attack. and this going back and forth like this isn't really getting anywhere.)

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 12:21 AM
((I get it, this is AMEN. But please tone down the godmodding. And preventing anyone from having a clue that there's an illusion involved is not exactly good manners. No offense, but I thought the speech color transition was *ahem* appropriate, seeing as light orange is a pretty obnoxious color...))

The Moff is illegally downloading music. Because he's EVIL.

[Elsewhere]

Ilyena is still sitting in his room, twiddling his fingers and occasionally shooting fire at flies.

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 12:23 AM
Gordon snarls at the trick. :smallfurious:

"Moff, what is the AMEN way for dealing with people who think to make fools of us?"

Zeta is deadmeat for this.

"Turn them over to Ilphy then let Mister Squiggles have whatever's left when she's done?" Moff suggests, while poking Moff Prime to do the big NexusStock finale.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 12:25 AM
((Gonna wait one more day. Because writing good posts takes a really long time for me, I'm exhausted, and there's another reason which I'm gonna keep a surprise... :smallcool:))

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 12:33 AM
"Just as long as I get a few for a snack," Becky opines, before slipping back into the shadows.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 12:33 AM
((I get it, this is AMEN. But please tone down the godmodding. And preventing anyone from having a clue that there's an illusion involved is not exactly good manners. No offense, but I thought the speech color transition was *ahem* appropriate, seeing as light orange is a pretty obnoxious color...))

The Moff is illegally downloading music. Because he's EVIL.

[Elsewhere]

Ilyena is still sitting in his room, twiddling his fingers and occasionally shooting fire at flies.

The anti-magic manacles Nephilim snapped around his ankles does nothing? :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Well then Ilpholin glares. GLAAAAAAAARES.
She's not about to do something in particular to someone shooting fire. Yet.

The Alexandrian
2010-10-17, 12:34 AM
(Sorry Moff, it was intended to be this way since the beginning just in case something went wrong. If I had Zeta killed then Alpha would have died and the whole point of my whole batch of characters would have been for naught. I found that the idea that Zeta was an evil illusionist would be cool so I decided he would come into the lair after scanning it for threats. Although the plan didn't really work well. So again I apologize to you Moff, that post was not designed to offend you or anyone else.)

(Also the dragon was a machine not magic. The energy it spewed wasn't even energy, just light diffraction to make it look like something was happening.)

(Gah, I just realized that some dragons are not vulnerable to lava. (Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.))

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 12:39 AM
The anti-magic manacles Nephilim snapped around his ankles does nothing? :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Well then Ilpholin glares. GLAAAAAAAARES.
She's not about to do something in particular to someone shooting fire. Yet.

((Fixed. I need some sleep... >.<))

Ilyena isn't shooting fire. He's just very, very bored.

((Alexandrian, you might want to reread the rules... and use some common sense. It's really not a good idea to alienate an entire organization, especially when quite a few of its members tend towards the higher side of the power scale.

I mean, don't worry about it, I made almost the same mistake when I showed up a while back. But AMEN was even more xenophobic then, and I got chased off for a year odd...:smallfrown:

We've changed, however. If you tone it down, I know I'LL forget about the rather obnoxious introduction, and I'm sure the rest of us will also. Right guys? :smallannoyed:))

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 12:42 AM
Hey I got to almost swing a moltov cocktail into Rot's face.
*shrugs*

Ilpholin....
Deadtimes.
Sorry Ileyana, you're just going to have to wait.

Actually she throws a book at his face.
"Stay occupied until I'm ready for you!" :smallannoyed:
I have no idea what book it is. Insert something silly, but no deal making magic books! Ilpholin wouldn't touch those.

Then she deadtimes.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 12:45 AM
...a copy of Harry Potter.

Words cannot describe the look of loathing and misery on Ilyena's face.

Truly this is a place of evil... :smallfrown:

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-17, 12:57 AM
AMEN brother.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:10 AM
LOL I C WUT U DID THAR! BECAUSE AMEN IS THE NAME OF THE ORGINIZATION AND IT'S AN EVIL ORGINIZATION AND YOU ALSO SAY AMEN AFTER SOMETHING YOU AGREE WITH! IT'S A PLAY ON WORDS! I GET IT!

>.>
Um...

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-17, 01:26 AM
(I didn't intend for it to be funny, but someone had to say it.)

Riv suddenly stops dead, laughter replaced by dawning horror. He gets up and walks slowly towards the lab. As the door shuts behind him a massive flash of light explodes from the lab.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:31 AM
The Moff'll inspect the explosion. There a problem?

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-17, 01:36 AM
You'll have to ask someone else that, cause Riv is gone. As is the lab.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:38 AM
Huh. Coulda sworn the drama queen had a lab over here somewhere... :smallconfused:

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:38 AM
Rot yawns, getting tired of this. Which, as has been pointed out in other places, is impossible for the undead, and shows how boring current events are.

The vampire goes over to watch TV. The Discovery channel. No stupid "reality" TV for him. :smallannoyed:

"Oooh! It's the show about the giant enemy crab fishermen!"

Haruki-kun
2010-10-17, 10:47 AM
((My character's still gonna be a bitch to him, why? :smalltongue: ))

Having become bored with the events, Anyu goes off to the Kitchen and decides to raid the fridge.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-17, 12:09 PM
((I mean, don't worry about it, I made almost the same mistake when I showed up a while back. But AMEN was even more xenophobic then, and I got chased off for a year odd...:smallfrown:))

((Belated apologies about that, by the way. I don't remember if I, as an individual, had any role in your being chased off, but I recall being one of the more xenophobic members back in those days, so I might very well have.))

Magtok looks at a notebook full of more of his fiendish song lyrics nonsense, for little reason beyond the fact that Maggy the Player doesn't like to do entirely OOC posts.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 12:27 PM
((If memory serves, which quite frankly it doesn't (:smalltongue:), you were one of the cooler guys at the time. But I'll take all the apology I can get. XD))

The Moff is scribbling away in a notebook as well, finalizing the setlist for NexusStock.

Morty
2010-10-17, 12:52 PM
Michalson undeadtimes, hanging around at a fair distance away from where the rather silly fight just occured.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-17, 01:01 PM
Nephrim and Dam'Bul appear in the new thread. One of them would make a comment about this, but I am not in the habit of regularly breaking the Fourth Wall. Dam'Bul is watching TV without having turned it on again whilst wearing a pair of trousers and trainers which reveals his muscular physique; also a swordbelt containing a sabre with a sharkskin grip.

Nephrim is probably practicing her shooting in the Training Room. The targets have been told to ignore Nephrim and everything relating to her, so they are continually surprised when another dies because the didn't see her fire the gun or hear the gunshot. Nephrim is currently a blonde elven child of an age equivelent to ten wearing a denim dress and a red rucksack. She's using a revolver with a sharkskin grip.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:03 PM
Dam'Bul might find it a bit hard to watch the off TV when Rot has turned it on.

The current image is of a boat in a galestorm with rain-coat wearing figures on it. They are fighting a giant crab with poleaxes.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-17, 01:10 PM
I must have missed that bit.

Maybe Dam'Bul's behind the TV? Although, that's a bit too wierd (I think) so he's sitting on a different chair. "Polearms won't work; a crab that size has a shell so thick it's probably easier to kill it with a missile."

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:10 PM
Michalson is, rather suddenly, a little behind Rot, watching the TV screen as well. Shadowmagic was obviously involved in his appearance, which Rot might or might not have picked up. It doesn't seem to make much sense. He hides the intense loathing he has for Rot. The undead abomination will get his due in time.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:14 PM
Rot does not notice any shadowmagic. He's not really in touch with the mystical side of his vampiric powers. But he's not startled by the sudden appearance, having gotten used to such things in AMEN.

"Ah, but they're aiming for its weak point for massive damage."

Rot taps the side of his head knowingly. Indeed, the poleaxe-wielding fishermen have speared it in its weakpoint, and the giant crab is dieing.

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 01:17 PM
"Weak points are awesome," Moff agrees. Then frowns. "Except if it's your own weak point. Then they suck hard." He then sits for a while and tries to figure out where his own weak point is, until a particularly beefy fisherman is injured and has to go into the cabin and strip down for first aid.

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:20 PM
Michalson leans agains the sofa. I see. How foolish of me. Mind telling me what all the ruckuss was about?

Earl of Purple
2010-10-17, 01:23 PM
Dam'Bul frowns. "What ruckus?" Dam'Bul was locked in his room at the time because mortals need sleep, demons don't and demons are extremely paranoid. And to polish his sabre.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:24 PM
Rot scowls. Weak point. Yeah. Sun. :smallannoyed:

"Erg. I hate when they give the girls fan service like this. They need to add more vampire fan service. Like, gushing fountains of blood as sea ticks bit their heads off."

The vampire glances at Michalson.

"Oh, some prankster. Made Gordy look like a fool and stuff. Not really the best I've seen though. Ask the henchies about it, they probably taped it."

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:26 PM
Michalson strokes his chin. Hm. Does this kind of thing happen often?

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 01:27 PM
"Girl fan service? I don't see anything for the girls," Moff says. Aren't all the girls in the Nexus gay? :smallconfused:

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:28 PM
I thought they were all BRsexual. :smallconfused::smalltongue:

"Oh, yeah. Usually I get killed or set on fire though. So it wasn't as bad as the attacks usually are."

Rot glares at the Moff.

"You wouldn't."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:30 PM
Michalson strokes his chin. Hm. Does this kind of thing happen often?

You have NO idea, honey... :smallamused:

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:32 PM
The half-elf shakes his head. Yes, I can see my stay here is going to be fun. Since I can't exactly survive being killed, I'll have to be careful.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:35 PM
You COULD just clone yourself... worked great for me, dinnit? :smallbiggrin:

The Moff high fives The Moff.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-17, 01:35 PM
"Actually, AMEN will put your mind into a clone of you from the Clone Vaults downstairs. Unless you didn't sign with your own blood, in which case your mind will be transferred into a body cloned from that blood." I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that, actually. Especially the bit about the wrong body being cloned.

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:36 PM
Michalson frowns. I will look into it. I'm not sure if I like this whole cloning business.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:39 PM
"Yeah. Cloning sucks. If you're cloned, you lose all your taste."

Rot scowls. The henchmen tasted horrible.

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 01:45 PM
"Sure did, hon!" *high five*

I'm sure Moff and Moff (and possibly more Moffs) get up to all kinds of naughty behaviour, but I think it's safest to leave all of that offscreen.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 01:47 PM
Indeed. I think this is one of those cases where the player's imagination simply can't match the characters... :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:49 PM
I actually meant the more... philosophical ramifications. I'd take long to explain. Michalson lights his pipe. I'll just stay alive.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 01:53 PM
"... Philosophical?"

Rot snorts. His views on philosophy are obviously less than appreciative.

Morty
2010-10-17, 01:59 PM
As I said, it'd take long to explain. Now, is there anything we're involved in that I can help with?
Michalson, on the other hand, comes from Sigil, there philosophy is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 02:01 PM
"Pretty sure one of Gordy's henchies is out kidnapping some kid from PACK, and there's always Magtok's prisoner. Though he hasn't said what he wanted him for."

Rot scratches his chin.

"There's also NEXUSTOCK, though the mind control hasn't happened yet."

Morty
2010-10-17, 02:05 PM
I think I can help with the mind control. I'll head to the NEXUSTOCK.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 02:08 PM
"Ask Nephrim about that. She's in charge of the mind control."

Earl of Purple
2010-10-17, 02:08 PM
"I wouldn't mind hearing your philosophy. I have plenty of time; I'm going to outlive this and the next two thousand, three hundred and thirty-two bodies, unless something manages to kill me." Main reason he wants to listen to the philosophy is because it may result in a revealing of a weakness. "I know where Nephrim is."

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 09:57 PM
Becky, meanwhile, emerges from her quarters, and stalks torwards the television room. Her fingers twitching, and a rather perturbed look on her face.

Henchmen! Flee! Flee!

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:00 PM
The Moff is in the TV room, carefully decapitating Cyan. There's blood everywhere, of course, and limbs are in a little pile in the corner. The Moff is currently in the process of removing the flesh from the henchman's head with The Cost.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:05 PM
"You. Outa my way," Becky snaps as she storms into the TV room, and not waiting for the Moff to move before she tries to shadow-nom whatever's left of Cyan's fading life! :smalleek:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:12 PM
The Moff just shrugs and continues. Whether or not Cyan is screaming doesn't make that big a difference at the end of the day. When he's finished, he stares glumly at the skull for a moment. Do you want to be my friend?

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:16 PM
"I don't think Horatio there is in need of friends, Moffy-boy," Becky drawls, looking a fair bit more mellow now. "And sometimes I wish I'd realised how little I need them sooner than I did."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:18 PM
The Moff tosses the skull over his shoulder. Eh. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. So, what's your problem? The local Hot Topic go out of business or something?

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:24 PM
"No, I just got news that somebody I used to have an interest in not only got married, but got his wife killed but then got her back to life," Becky huffs. "To think the flaming tart got him when he never even gave me the light of day beyond a weekly paycheck!"

...yes, she's speaking of Brendan. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:26 PM
The Moff shrugs again. So turn his spine into a CD rack. Seems straightforward enough.

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 10:35 PM
Welding noises can be heard.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:37 PM
"I prefer not to get made extra-crispy, thank you," Becky snarks. "Besides, I have him to thank for realising I don't like guys. It just...nnnghh!"

She doesn't want him but is mad because she can't have him. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:39 PM
Welding noises are being ignored. The Moff putters around for a moment, the finds a remote. Two developements. One, I got a universal remote made. Two... He presses a button, and the THX Sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkJ86JqlPA) fills the base. I got new speakers installed. He presses a button, and Huoratron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPwCmhvmHeM) blasts from the walls.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:49 PM
Becky, for her part, covers her ears and grimaces.
"Yeah yeah that's great now turnitoff."

...poor Moff. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:56 PM
Becky is very much ignored.

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 10:57 PM
Purple-Hat walks in.

"I hope which ever of you is willing to explain to Lord Magtok what happened to most of the funds."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-17, 10:58 PM
Kazia, having seen the Black Dragon Den and perhaps deciding that AMEN wasn't such a bad place after all, returns, presumably to join up!
Nah, she leaves again. :smalltongue:
*knock knock*

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:59 PM
Purple-Hat walks in.

"I hope which ever of you is willing to explain to Lord Magtok what happened to most of the funds."

Nothing. I stole the stuff, now go away.

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 11:09 PM
"And made a fifty foot gold statue of yourself?"

Purple-Hat opens a door, showing a fifty foot tall gold statue of the Moff.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:14 PM
Beautiful. Now if you don't go away, I'm going to use your face as a knife-receptacle. The Moff is not in the mood for your shenanigans, Purple. :smallannoyed:

ThePhantom
2010-10-17, 11:16 PM
And off Purple-Hat goes.

(Have I annoyed you Moff? You seem a little testy.)

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:20 PM
((Not your fault. It's been a rough couple of weeks, it's all catching up to me tonight. Honestly I shouldn't be doing this right now, because whenever I RP when I'm annoyed, I end up regretting it...))

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:28 PM
Becky, meanwhile, goes to answer the door!

"Goodbusters, whaddya want?" she says, in her best Bawston accent. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-17, 11:35 PM
Kazia stands at the door. For the initiated, she looks like the following,

Hark! A newcomer approaches! Both to the Tavern, and also to Kris' roster of future permadeadtimed characters. This particular newcomer appears to be a woman, of middling-to-tall height and built like an Amazonian. Her brown hair hanging long and straight, with dyed black tips, her skin a deep bronze, and with a wide grin made slightly unsettling by her eyes, which glow ever so slightly red, and in fact lack pupils of any sort. Said grin grows slightly wider as she notices the fliers advertising the slave market, and she taps (with fingers uncovered by the gloves she wears) the notched hilt of her sword, belted to tight leather pants that hang scandalously low about shapely hips, finely displaying her abdomen in conjunction with the matching black leather top that starts just under the breasts and travels up to close tightly around the neck, ignoring her shoulders completely. Shoulders, which I might add, are heavily tattooed, along with her arms, with winding images of serpents and other magical beasts, and a black lotus on her left shoulderblade, the ink of it seemig to almost suck in the light, just as it sucks in the gazes of some of the various dotted NPC blackguards and assassins who seem to recognize its significance. Grabbing a flier, the woman saunters vaguely towards some barstool or other, on boots of (surprise surprise) black leather, heeled and embossed with the image of a stylized dragon impaled by a sword. The same image that graces her right arm, in fact.
except her top is currently a (un)buttoned black leather (shocking!) vest that borders on Absolute Cleavage territory. I don't know how she manages to fight in that outfit either.
Also, some people may find her UNEXPECTEDLY AND MYSTERIOUSLY FAMILIAR. Becky is not one of those people.
"Hi. I was here before and left, but I changed my mind and feel like joining."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:38 PM
Is that cycle likely to repeat? Because if it is, I don't wanna deal with it. Either way, don't forget to read the paperwork thoroughly... unless you plan on staying. Then just skip to the end and sign. :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-17, 11:40 PM
"Wait, there's paperwork?"
Kazia... doesn't like paperwork.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 11:42 PM
Al undeadtimes and walks in with said paper work. " eah, but really it's just a bunch of legal double speak and signing away your soul blah blah blah, sign here in blood. " He says holding out the last page.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:45 PM
Becky, for her part, has spent the last....oh....9 minutes staring at Kazia.

As in, giving her a really good looking over.

As in, 'ye gods FLAMING HAWT' kind of looking over.

...finally, though, she snaps out of it.

"What? Oh, yes, well, you don't have to read the paperwork at all if you're staying...just sign."

The Goth, pigtailed shadowdancer looks smitten. Or exactly the same way she looks aroudn Ilpholin. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:46 PM
When she snaps out of it, she might notice a henchman with a large bucket of water running away and cursing under his breath... :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-17, 11:52 PM
Kazia's used to staring by now. She's a vain sort of person.
"Fine. But I'm crossing my fingers behind my back, just so you know."
She pulls a quill out from one of her gloves, and pricks a finger with it, holding the now slightly bleeding hand behind her back as she signs with the bloodsoaked quill.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 11:54 PM
" Whatever, not like I care. Shadow, take care of the paper work. " Al says tossing the paper behind his back to be caught by the strange werewolf like creature. It then gathers up the paper work and stocks the fireplace with it after making duplicates just in case.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:58 PM
The Moff converts the duplicates into toilet paper.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:01 AM
"...Welcome to AMEN," Becky says, stepping back and motioning inside with a flourish.

Making a note to nom Water-Bearer later. :smalltongue:

"We do hope you'll enjoy your stay here!"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 12:02 AM
Well, Becky hopes it. She hopes you'll do a few other things, also. :smallyuk:

ApeofLight
2010-10-18, 12:07 AM
" See, what I'm hoping is that I will one day be able to grind Becky into a fine paste and find out why she has those shadow powers of hers. Meanwhile, she's hoping to get into the new members pants. Shadow, thoughts? " Al says turning to the strange creature.

It just stands there, eyes staring off into the distance, waiting for it's next order. " Good Shadow. "

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:10 AM
"Thanks, I guess."
She steps in.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:12 AM
Becky rolls her eyes at the Moff, then glares at Al.
"You'll be the one being ground into paste, kid, so don't even try it."

She clears her throat. "So, anyway, what brings you here? I'm Becky, by the way. Resident shadow-dancer and eater of souls."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:14 AM
"No idea. I might be regretting it already. Kazia-the-Slayer. I hit things until they break."

happyturtle
2010-10-18, 12:15 AM
If Moff's attention drifts away from Cyan's skull for even a moment, he'll look back to find it full of flowers. Hyacinths to be exact. Pink and lavender and cream colored. And a note held in the skulls teeth.

♥ Will you be my Hallowtine? ♥

ApeofLight
2010-10-18, 12:15 AM
" Shadow, demonstration. " Al says simply.

The werewolf creature nods and in nearly an instant is in front of and then behind Becky with claw ready to attack. Then an instant later is back to Al's side and Becky may find a hair or two trimmed down a few inches.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:19 AM
Becky doesn't flinch a bit.

...and smirking, raises a hand that might contain one or two Shadow hairs, neatly plucked.

"Game, set, match? And you're a barbarian, then, I take it," she adds to Kazia.

ApeofLight
2010-10-18, 12:20 AM
Al shakes his head and sighs. " Don't care and not work my time really. " The evil scientist says before deadtimeing.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:48 AM
Kazia gives Becky a look.
"Pffft. Those unrefined brutes? I'm a Slayer. It says so in my name. I've also got assassin and bodyguard training, but frankly, I never considered those occupations worth my time."
Far too lawful for Kazia to consider.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:50 AM
Ilpholin undeadtimes and takes a look around.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-18, 10:07 AM
She might spot Magtok, slouching against a wall, unaware of the shenanigans another clone of him is pulling in NexusStock. He looks up from a notepad where he'd been doodling some sort of Lovecraftian horror and a sloppy attempt to write a song entitled While Lord Cthulhu Gently Sleeps.

Oh, hey Ilph. I think I'm supposed to be making a big scene for Gordon later, yelling at Moff for spending money on something silly or other. I don't really feel too into it, as it'd be kinda hypocritical of me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to wipe some Gordon-Loathing off my slate. You should come watch, I'll make a big spectacle and get everyone's attention on it and everything.

Something about Maggy's eyes should make it clear that he's just saying that because cameras are watching, and that what he really means is "Hey everyone's going to be watching me later, and not my prisoner. You can connect the dots, right?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:15 AM
"Well gee. On one hand I'd love to watch Moff get chewed out. On the other hand, the less time I spend near him, the smarter I feel. I think I'll pass." Ilpholin nods. Not showing up seems to be the right course of action.

Plus she totally caught Magtok's hint. Guess she's giving up on the pretending to be dumb bit.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-18, 10:24 AM
Magtok shrugs.

Suit yourself. I'm going to go see if I can find a silly costume coated in a hundred or so different symbols for money. Y'know, so everybody thinks I'm either crazy or trying to be artsy with the visual dissonance between what I'm saying and how I look and such.

He peers back down at his sketch for a moment, and then at Ilpholin again.

Oh, and one last thing. Does R'lyeh rhyme with meh or may?

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:30 AM
"It rhymes with may." What? You couldn't tell when you spoke it out loud just now Magtok? For shame.

Ilpholin shakes her head. And hurries out of the base to make a quick stop at a shop in hopes her order came in a little earlier than planned. She's only two days ahead of schedule. Not too bad.

She returns sometime later with various packages, before heading to her room again and deadtiming there.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:13 PM
The Moff finds the note in the skull. B'aww... I'm such a sweet guy, aren't I? :smallwink:

ThePhantom
2010-10-18, 11:21 PM
The sound of rushing water begins, followed by a wave of seawater flowing through a number of the hallways of AMEN.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:23 PM
The Moff stands on an ottoman.

An EEEEEEVIL ottoman.

happyturtle
Moff leaps up and sits on Moff's shoulders.

ThePhantom
And after the water, Pete wades in.

"Ahoy Skipper."

He waves. Guess what's ready?

Haruki-kun
2010-10-18, 11:27 PM
Anyu makes a boat. Out of ice! And then she sits on it!

"Set sail for fail!"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 11:30 PM
Bell quickly fashions a bizarre sort of cushion boat, apparently held together by MAGIC! which is almost as powerful as SCIENCE! But not quite...

Said cushion boat sails through the waterways of AMEN, the MAGIC! keeping it from leaking, soaking up water like a sponge, or anything like that. Bell lies back in the comfy waterproof boat and giggles. "This is fun!"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:33 PM
The Moff's Magical Ottoman of Doom is, of course, a transformer, but instead of transforming between a vehichle and a robot, it transforms between a useless piece of furniture and a Ski-Doo. :smallwink:

McBish
2010-10-18, 11:35 PM
A young snake woman comes to the base. She is wearing a old and tattered cloak now. She looks nervous as she approaches the door but has made up her mind. She looks for some way of attracting someone's attention.

ThePhantom
2010-10-18, 11:37 PM
A henchmen opens the front, lefting some of the water out that way.

"What ya want?"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:38 PM
The MoffMobile (which is what I'm calling it and there's absolutely NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!) will come barreling through the front door, over snake lady's head, wrecking itself and getting snake lady pretty soaked.

McBish
2010-10-18, 11:39 PM
I have heard... I would like to join AMEN.

She says doing her best to stand up straight and not show any of her nervousness.

Then she looks very surprised as she gets soaked.

ThePhantom
2010-10-18, 11:40 PM
"Well thats.."

And the henchman was hit on the head by the MoffMobile.

"Cheesesnacks."

And the henchman falls over, out cold.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:41 PM
The Moff pulls the paperwork out of Moffspace. Sign in blood! :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2010-10-18, 11:44 PM
The Moff who was on Moff's shoulders, goes flying and lands face first on the ground, knocking him straight into deadtime and hopefully giving him some sexy scars.

McBish
2010-10-18, 11:49 PM
The woman seems a bit overwhelmed by everything that just happened but takes the papers and briefly looks over them before giving up and pulling out a small dagger and nicking her finger briefly scribbling what could be seen as a signature.

She then holds them back to Moff. There you go.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-18, 11:58 PM
The Moff smiles hugely, and then beckons into the base with his arm. He'll enter the base proper, and at one point, he'll take a bite out of the paperwork, make a face, and toss it over his shoulder.

McBish
2010-10-19, 12:04 AM
The woman steps into the base keeping a distance between herself and Moff.

Well that was easier then I thought it would be.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-19, 12:06 AM
The Moff shrugs. 's all a matter of perspective, innit?

Careful, don't step there, that patch of carpet is all Cubist. :smallyuk:

McBish
2010-10-19, 12:11 AM
The woman steps carefully for sure. She had heard a bit about this place so she is very careful.

Oh, OK then. I guess so.

She seems a bit put off by Moff's casual and odd ways.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-19, 07:30 PM
Well, if The Moff notices, he doesn't say anything. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-20, 09:18 AM
Butler arrives at AMEN once again, this time showing Andy around! Or in the front door at least. Someone really should revoke Butler's exchange membership or something. On the upside, he does bring new recruits in on occasion.

"Here we are sir." :smallsmile:

Zefir
2010-10-20, 09:24 AM
A man in scientist coat arrives with Butler.

"Oh this is great."

Andy watch around the entrace.

Reinholdt
2010-10-20, 10:13 AM
"This is the front hall sir. It has a bunch of spiderwebs sir. They really need to clean that up sir." :smallannoyed:

Indeed, it does have a TON of spiderwebs all over the front hall. Though there's space to move on to the main room at least. The Giant Dire Tarantula, Mister Squiggles, stares at Andy with its many eyes and chitters.
*chitter chitter*

Zefir
2010-10-20, 02:26 PM
Andy is a bit worried about the spieder

"Oh yes it is obvious, but they kill flys and other insects for you."

And whispering to Butler

"I really hope that hey hunt only after flys and little insects."

Maxios
2010-10-20, 02:27 PM
Maxios suddenly wakes up from his over 30 page nap on the couch.
"Whoa. I feel like I missed 30 pages of my life." he says. He gets off the couch, and asks the nearest AMEN member if they could fill him in on what he missed in his slumber.

VampireRot
2010-10-20, 03:04 PM
"Nothing much. You can archive binge it if'n you really want to know, but it was mostly fooling around. No major stuff."

Rot waves a dismissing hand Maxios' way, and then stalks to the main entrance. The vampire fixes Butler and Andy with a hard stare.

"And who might you be?"

Lord Magtok
2010-10-20, 03:35 PM
Magtok suddenly falls off the couch with a start, and hurriedly scrambles towards one of the Moffs, regardless of whether or not they're online, as he's had to do this specific task for a day or so now. Somewhere along the line he winds up in a green suit covered in $ signs, and a hat made entirely out of gold, with its ridiculous price tag still clinging to the back.

Moff! Gordon tells me you're being a total waste of money! Why?! I mean, it's bad enough that you have inferior taste in music, look like one of several hundred elderly guys who exploded on a giant robot moon cannon base, and that this suit is so expensive and ridiculous that the lint is made of diamonds, but c'mon, man! Next time just kill someone, take the stuff, and then we'll all have more money!

Reinholdt
2010-10-20, 03:45 PM
Andy is a bit worried about the spieder

"Oh yes it is obvious, but they kill flys and other insects for you."

And whispering to Butler

"I really hope that hey hunt only after flys and little insects."
"It's just not sanitary sir." :smallannoyed:

"Nothing much. You can archive binge it if'n you really want to know, but it was mostly fooling around. No major stuff."

Rot waves a dismissing hand Maxios' way, and then stalks to the main entrance. The vampire fixes Butler and Andy with a hard stare.

"And who might you be?"

"Hi sir! Remember me sir?" I think Rot's the one who said they kick puppies. I think.
"This is Andy sir. He was interested in looking around your place sir. To decide if he likes it sir." :smallsmile:

Zefir
2010-10-20, 03:49 PM
"Yes that is right I am on a tour and want to see the important things in the nexus."

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 03:54 PM
Anyu is currently in the Magic Lab. She is standing in front of a Magic Circle, which has a fire in the center. Holding a grimoire in her hands, reading from it.

"Let's see..... Eye of PC Dragon..." she throws it into the circle and it burns up, certainly becoming useless for paying for a hat. Somewhere, someone is about to cry.

"Chippings of shippings," she throws in some shredded papers, which were once upon a time, Internet downloaded fan fiction.

"Creepy Crawlies," she says throwing in a jar of bugs. "Defenestrating Device," she says as she throws a machine stolen from Magtok's lab. It looks like a boot at the end of a lever, really. "Yellow Yarn," she says, throwing in the Yarn. "Krispy Kreme," I don't have to explain this one, do I?

"Wow. Amazing Alliterations.... I mean..... yeah." She clears her throat loudly. "An cup of milk and.... huh?" She smells the cup of milk. "Oh... it expired yesterday... eh... I'm sure it's still good." She pours it into the fire. Strangely enough, the fire glows brighter.

"Hear my summons! Come forth, creature of the dark! Bring forth the end!"

The Magic circle glows,the fire burns brightest. A strong gust sweeps the room, which is weird because there's no open windows.

From outside someone will hear her. "YES! It's working! He's here! The Ancient, Dark..... what? GAAAAH!!! WHAT THE-"

A sudden silence. Then an explosion from the room. Followed by Anyu coughing.

VampireRot
2010-10-20, 04:49 PM
"Unfortunately, yes. It would be better advised not to take tours here."

Rot scowls, showing his long and sharp fangs.

"This is AMEN. If you aren't evil, this isn't the place for you. If you're here to fight evil, I'll take my lunch in 5 minutes." :smallmad:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 05:01 PM
The door to the Magic Lab opens. Anyu walks out of it into the main room, covered in soot, with this expresion on her face: :smalleek:

"Uhm.... we have a situation..." she says.

ThePhantom
2010-10-20, 05:05 PM
Gordon currently resting in bed, talks to Purple-Hat.

"Find out what that was, it had better be important."

Someone cranky at getting woken up.

VampireRot
2010-10-20, 05:05 PM
Rot, ignoring any possible space between Butler and Andy and Anyu, turns his glare on the witch.

"Is it the kind of situation solved by stabbing, or by running?"

Those are the only situations. Ever.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-20, 05:07 PM
Nephrim walks into the room. "If you have released anything from the Elemental Plane of Pink, or Fluffiness or anything Celestial, please go and defenestrate yourself." That was said with a not-insignificant amount of her mind-control abilities behind it. Still resistable, however.

Murkus
2010-10-20, 05:37 PM
Jack walks up and tries to give Rot a good pat on the shoulder. "Rot, Rot, Rot. No reason to be so rude. It's not as though these people have our downfall in mind." He casts a glance towards Butler and Andy. "Of course, for security reasons, we can't exactly allow them a tour either. I'm afraid only members are allowed to tour the base."

Then, he casts another glance at Anyu. Not saying anything, just waiting for an explanation.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 06:55 PM
Nephrim walks into the room. "If you have released anything from the Elemental Plane of Pink, or Fluffiness or anything Celestial, please go and defenestrate yourself." That was said with a not-insignificant amount of her mind-control abilities behind it. Still resistable, however.

Jack walks up and tries to give Rot a good pat on the shoulder. "Rot, Rot, Rot. No reason to be so rude. It's not as though these people have our downfall in mind." He casts a glance towards Butler and Andy. "Of course, for security reasons, we can't exactly allow them a tour either. I'm afraid only members are allowed to tour the base."

Then, he casts another glance at Anyu. Not saying anything, just waiting for an explanation.

"In that order?" she asks. "It's solved by neither stabbing or running. No, there's nothing cute, fluffy or celestial...

------------------------------------------

[Elsewhere]

Haruki sneezes. "Damn it, I keep getting the feeling someone somewhere is making a cut to this scene...."

------------------------------------------

"...but there WAS a summoning involved...

....OK, Look, I'm sorry, I'm not a summoner, OK? Summoning was never my strong hobby, I'm more of a bewitching, elemental, cursing, necromancy witch, but I really needed to try out this spell!" She suddenly speaking very fast.

"It was supposed to summon something useful! I was sure it was gonna be Cthulhu or Zalgo or even Candle....." She points at Jack. "But it looks like one of the spell's components was expired and... well..."

She sighs and opens the door to the Magic Lab. Anyone looking inside will see a Gryphon.

McBish
2010-10-20, 07:01 PM
The young snake woman stands around looking a bit awkward. She has joined up but she isn't sure what to do now.

happyturtle
2010-10-20, 07:01 PM
Moff glares at Rot. "Do NOT try to eat the Sexy Catboy." :smallannoyed:

Since it's the Moff, there is probably some more innuendo that goes here, but I'll leave it off for the sake of everyone's delicate sensibilities.

Murkus
2010-10-20, 07:02 PM
"You know, Anyu, I'm not exactly useless." Jack walks towards the magic lab. "A degree in black magic does include summoning. If you want Cthulhu, or Zalgo, or, uh, him, you might want to look into a fun picture-book called the Necronomi--"

He stops, blinking at the gryphon. Then back at Anyu. "How did you... uh. Hm. Is it like, Celestial? Because that could cause an issue. Otherwise, I'm not really seeing a problem here."

VampireRot
2010-10-20, 07:29 PM
"Oh, a Gryphon! Those are kickass! Might need some subjugation by whipping and some black paint, but they're friggen classic mounts. And if it doesn't cooperate, well, I know a great recipe for hot wings..."

Rot gleefully steps into the room to stare into the gryphon's eyes. Cue the creepy and swirly vampire eyes.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 07:59 PM
Anyu sighs. "It's not Celestial. The problem is I can't dismiss it, that's one. And two..."

The Gryphon roars and charges at Jack.

"I can't control it!"

McBish
2010-10-20, 08:02 PM
The young snake woman peaks around the corner looking at the gryphon just as it roars and charges.

She pulls out a couple of her daggers from under her cloak. But she waits to see what Jack does.

Murkus
2010-10-20, 08:06 PM
Jack sidesteps, moving fast enough to leave an after-image. Maybe the gryphon'll be swiping at that trick while the hollow man is still moving away.

"Well, now I can see how this would be an issue." Jack ponders, stopping and crossing his arms. "Hm. I've got a couple alternatives to killing it, if someone would like to distract this thing. But it'll take a moment or two." Jack pulls a little piece of chalk out of his pocket.

He turns, looking for someone... ah, that snake lady. "Hey you! Yeah, you! Get out here and distract this thing for a minute!"

VampireRot
2010-10-20, 08:10 PM
"Distraction is my middle name."

Rot dives at the gryphon, extending his wings. He'll try to grab the feathers on its head and, not being in any way gentle, swing himself up onto its back. Or just pull its head down. Distracting at least, no matter what happens.

((Just a question, this is the standard lion's body, eagle's head and wings gryphon, right?))

McBish
2010-10-20, 08:37 PM
The snake woman nods and moves forward with surprising speed, not quite as fast as Jack but still pretty quick. She dashes in front of the gryphon hoping to draw it's attention away from Jack. Though Rot will probably also be distracting up on it's back.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 09:56 PM
"Distraction is my middle name."

Rot dives at the gryphon, extending his wings. He'll try to grab the feathers on its head and, not being in any way gentle, swing himself up onto its back. Or just pull its head down. Distracting at least, no matter what happens.

((Just a question, this is the standard lion's body, eagle's head and wings gryphon, right?))

((Standard issue, yes.))

The Gryphon flies into the Main room with Rot on him and lands on the chandelier, calmly licking its paws.

Then it starts singing. Beautifully, I should add.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:19 PM
Magtok suddenly falls off the couch with a start, and hurriedly scrambles towards one of the Moffs, regardless of whether or not they're online, as he's had to do this specific task for a day or so now. Somewhere along the line he winds up in a green suit covered in $ signs, and a hat made entirely out of gold, with its ridiculous price tag still clinging to the back.

Moff! Gordon tells me you're being a total waste of money! Why?! I mean, it's bad enough that you have inferior taste in music, look like one of several hundred elderly guys who exploded on a giant robot moon cannon base, and that this suit is so expensive and ridiculous that the lint is made of diamonds, but c'mon, man! Next time just kill someone, take the stuff, and then we'll all have more money!

What, gold statue thing? Yah, Gordon or one of his little buddies set that up, tryin' to get me in trouble. I'm not saying I mind, of course. The craftsmanship is pretty stunning, I look pretty damn sexeh in that medium, ya gotta admit, but I didn't do it. The Moff rolls off the couch he's lying on and stands up. Smiles hugely. Come on, Maggie. Am I really THAT vain?

*cough*

happyturtle
2010-10-20, 11:23 PM
Just then a henchman brings in a large package. "Ooh! I've been waiting for this!" Moff says, and opens it up to reveal a life size cardboard cutout self-portrait. Or rather, a dozen of them in different poses and outfits.

ThePhantom
2010-10-20, 11:27 PM
Gordon walks into the main room. Water is still all over the floor.

"I thought you would have gone and seen what the henchmen did by now."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:28 PM
:smallbiggrin: The Moff grabs a couple. A cutout of The Moff in the Billie Jean pose (http://recruitersguide.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/moonwalking20mj.jpg) is placed in front of Gordon's door.

Oh, they're through with Atlantis? :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
"I would, but my player is mostly on hiatus. Just popped in here for that one gag," Moff says. "Besides, don't we need to finish the NexStock plot first?"

The Bushranger
"...you mean what they did all over the floor?" Becky snarks, emerging from a shadow with her usual smirk.

ThePhantom
2010-10-20, 11:35 PM
"Yes. Why did you think Pete is back?"

------

Rogar, after Moff leaves, goes to try to burn the cutout by Gordon's door.

After all, its techically Gordon's base, and he has the right not to be annoyed the first thing in the morning unless its a big problem.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:38 PM
It's just a cardboard cutout, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Even that. :smallwink:

Excellent. So, how shall we be handling this? Separate thread, or same thread? AMEN hardly lends itself to location tags, so I would of course prefer independence, but if you have other suggestions...

ThePhantom
2010-10-20, 11:41 PM
"Well, separate threads might cause both to die out, but you are right about location tags."

Gordon shrugs.

(I don't know.)

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:43 PM
Given the changes I plan on making, let's start with separate threads, and if either thread starts to receive less traffic, we can merge them again. Anyhow, I won't be moving out for another few days or so. Because I wanna put some thought into this.

The Bushranger
2010-10-20, 11:44 PM
"And what exactly do we need to be using bobbins for?" Becky asks, curious.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:46 PM
...what? The Moff doesn't know what a bobbin is. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-10-20, 11:49 PM
"Bobbins. You know, spools of thread." Becky raises an eyebrow. "Since you said we needed seperate thread."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-20, 11:51 PM
Becky is poked betwixt the eyes. :smallannoyed:

((Can we assume the non-4th wall equivalent of the above conversation took place? :smalltongue:))

D_Lord
2010-10-20, 11:57 PM
Sorry about that. I'll fix it.

The four wall is starting to be put back together. For now, Dark Lord is out of glue to hold it together.

The Bushranger
2010-10-21, 12:02 AM
Becky received en eyepoke en passant!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

((Sure. :smalltongue:))

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-21, 12:05 AM
There's a small whine, a whisper, and a pop as sheet of lined paper seems to unfurl from out of nowhere behind Dark Lord, bobbing slightly in midair. A second later, and down it slides a large paperclip with googly eyes, staring benevolently at him like a wise sage or thoughtful old hermit.]
"Hello!" Says the paperclip.
"It looks like you are trying to repair the Fourth Wall! Would you like some help?"