PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Prestige Classes

Cogidubnus
2010-10-17, 08:32 AM
Gestalt character, full Bard levels, full Sublime Chord casting. Where do I go from here? I'd like prestige classes that'll advance my caster level and have good abilities, without having loads of feat requirements, as well as suggestions with what to do with the other half of the Gestalt.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-17, 08:43 AM
Archmage is always a nice PrC - especially if you have lots of spell slots to sacrifice.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-17, 08:51 AM
Archmage is always a nice PrC - especially if you have lots of spell slots to sacrifice.

Haven't got a hope of meeting the feat prerquisites.

LordBlades
2010-10-17, 08:59 AM
Incantatrix is always good, if you don't mind wasting a feat on Iron Will

BeholderSlayer
2010-10-17, 09:06 AM
Incantatrix is always good, if you don't mind wasting a feat on Iron Will

Otyugh Hole?

Urpriest
2010-10-17, 10:26 AM
Depending on if this is a character already in play, Virtuoso lets you keep advancing bardic music for most of your Sublime Chord casting. Just take the first level of it before you take Sublime Chord so you don't lose casting.

ranagrande
2010-10-17, 10:29 AM
If I had to make a character using those guidelines, I think I'd go with something like

Bard 10/Sublime Chord 2/Abjurant Champion 5/Paragnostic Apostle 3 // Duskblade 13/Archivist 7

I would use a whip and I would use Arcane Channeling all the time. Before combat I would attack my allies with buffs. During combat I would attack my opponents with attacks. After combat I would attack my allies with heals.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-17, 11:23 AM
Right now the build's Bard 20//Succubus 7/Monster of Legend 2/Virtuoso 1/Sublime Chord 1/Virtuoso 9

Urpriest
2010-10-17, 12:21 PM
Right now the build's Bard 20//Succubus 7/Monster of Legend 2/Virtuoso 1/Sublime Chord 1/Virtuoso 9

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Virtuoso isn't doing anything for you in that build. One of the basic guidelines of gestalt is that you can't advance the same class feature twice in the same level. So the levels where you're Bard//Virtuoso do just as much for bardic music as if they were Bard//Sublime Chord, and Sublime Chord generally has better class features.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-17, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Virtuoso isn't doing anything for you in that build. One of the basic guidelines of gestalt is that you can't advance the same class feature twice in the same level. So the levels where you're Bard//Virtuoso do just as much for bardic music as if they were Bard//Sublime Chord, and Sublime Chord generally has better class features.

Flavour wants the Virtuoso, however. The character is a literal Virtuoso. Plus, the ability to manipulate crowds is also something she needs for her flavour.

true_shinken
2010-10-17, 12:55 PM
Flavour wants the Virtuoso, however. The character is a literal Virtuoso. Plus, the ability to manipulate crowds is also something she needs for her flavour.

Drop a few Bard levels, then.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-10-17, 12:56 PM

Why don't plain bard levels work for that? Most bards are literally virtuosos; most bards also lack levels in the Virtuoso prestige class. If you need to manipulate crowds and Diplomacy doesn't work for your purposes, all you need is a single level of Virtuoso.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-17, 01:11 PM
Why don't plain bard levels work for that? Most bards are literally virtuosos; most bards also lack levels in the Virtuoso prestige class. If you need to manipulate crowds and Diplomacy doesn't work for your purposes, all you need is a single level of Virtuoso.

I ain't really that fussed about the actual power - the only decent ability I'd use from Sublime Chord is the 2nd level one. I'm looking for where to continue after that.