PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] GLoG 60

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 04:24 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO or WATCHTOWER.[/SIZE]

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172852) and introduce yourself first. :smallsmile:

Our IC leaders:
President Emeritus: Happy Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
Acting President/Head of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)
Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)

More positions open

OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:
IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
{table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
Main Lodge - Willow|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
|Otaso|Hyozo
|Phoenix|KidKris
Cabin 1 - Oak|Jazirian,|KidKris|
A|
|Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
C|
Cabin 2 - Sycamore|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
A|
|Thierry|Snares|
B|
Cabin 3 - Redwood|Crodelus|Hyozo|
A|
Cabin 4 - Maple|Shania|Lex-Kat|
D|broken windows
Cabin 5 - Apple|||
A|Visitors Cabin|
Cabin 6 - Cherry|Marley|ThePhantom|
A|
|Kris|Introbulus|
B|
|Rose|Horngeek|
C|
|Butler?|Reinholdt|
D|
Cabin 7 - Chestnut|||
A|
Cabin 8 - Birch|||
A|
|||
B|
|Zamira, Shrike/Falcon|Horngeek, BR|
C|
Cabin 9 - Dogwood|Coma Nothing|Beans|
A|
|Vashal|Quinsar|
A|
|Yamako|iElf|
B|
Cabin 10 - Elm|||
A|
Cabin 11 - Denim|Rae|Rae Artemi|
A|Cabin is made of denim
|Emily|Lix Lorn|
B|
Infirmary - Cedar|Eko|Earl of Purple|
[/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 - Maple is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

New cabins can be added as the plot demands it. Here is a list of unused tree names:

Linden, Larch, Ash, Pine, Hickory, Poplar, Magnolia, Olive, Rowan, Fir, Spruce, Holly, Cottonwood, Cypress, Hemlock, Teak, Ebony, Pear, Fig, Date, Mahogany, Palm, Lime, Acadia, Gumbo Limbo…

Description of the new GLoG setting:
After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming. :smallfrown:

Surroundings:

South, by Neon Knight:
[Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
[Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
|_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
|__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
[/table]

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33956942)

Attention villains:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs :smallwink:), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:

Main lodge:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1464.jpg

GIANT slide:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/historical_4.jpg

The lake:

http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1545.jpg

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

This Thread's Theme song: Jessica - The Allman Brothers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oidm5Zfw_SA)

UncleWolf
2010-10-17, 04:36 PM
[Porch]

Edijar smiles and takes a drink with Charity. "Get anything drawn today?"

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 04:39 PM
[Porch]

Charity stares down at her drink to avoid Edijar's eyes. "Not really, no."

UncleWolf
2010-10-17, 04:41 PM
[Porch]

Edijar sets his drink aside to take her hand gently. "Is something wrong?"

happyturtle
2010-10-17, 04:49 PM
[Porch]

Charity's eyes move to take in the crowd of people around them, then looks back to Edijar with a tight shake of the head.

Nothing she's willing to talk about in front of an audience.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 04:50 PM
[Porch]

Ermine is focused on her drink and does not notice Charity's discomfort. Probably for the best, as she isn't exactly a great motivator.

Murkus
2010-10-17, 05:08 PM
Is there a crowd of people? I hadn't noticed.

Also, Praetorious undeadtimes. Doing... something. Maybe dozing quietly.

Flint is wandering around, observing the goings-on. Flint's a skinny fella with slick black hair and a blacker umbrella. Vampiric smile.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 05:22 PM
[Porch]

"Too many of us here, Charity?" Riace asks softly, noticing the glance and misunderstanding.

Snares
2010-10-17, 06:08 PM
Thierry is around, wandering down by the lake. He hasn't been round there before, and is exploring a bit. Probably pretending to plot out favourable places for a military assault, and actually just thinking 'that hill over there looks pretty, we should attack from there and it'd look pretty.'

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 06:13 PM
[Lake Area]

Mister Buttons gets a gleam in his eye as he stalks his favorite prey, slowly sneaking up on him.

Instead of pouncing... he'll instead run straight at him and then jump up on him, pushing him into the lake! Teehee.

And Mister Buttons tries to do just that!
Sure it's not pouncing exactly, but you gotta vary it up some time.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 06:19 PM
[Infirmary]

Our friendly neighborhood Catgirl Monk Denimancer in-training *boy that's a long title* is heading over to the Infirmary to see if Jamie or Quinn are there today!

Also to check on the condition of that bird...:smallfrown: poor thing...

Snares
2010-10-17, 06:24 PM
Oh dear. Thierry was too busy looking at pretty hills to hear Mister Buttons behind him. Splash! He's pushed into the lake! And he can't turn into smoke when he's in water! His suit is all wet now...

"AH! WHO DID-"

He hauls himself so he's sitting up in the water and sees Mister Buttons on the edge of the lake. At first he looks scared, but the fear turns to anger after a second.

"YOU! WHO DO YOU TH... th..."

And, as quickly as it arose, his anger suddenly fades away and he's just a wet, sad-looking old man, slumped in a lake. He brushes his wet grey hair out of his eyes.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? My... my suit is ruined."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 06:26 PM
Rae spots Kris walking through the door to the infirmary, and waves at her.

Hey, Kris!

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 06:28 PM
Assuming the lake is within view of the porch, Chumley will run over and help Thierry up.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 06:29 PM
[Porch]

Ermine, holding an annoyingly empty glass of nonexistent alcohol, glances at Kris. Oooh, another catperson. Man, they have lots of tho- Hah! Hahahahaha! That guy just got pushed into the lake by a tiger! :smallbiggrin:

The ermine'gal chuckles.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 06:30 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons just stands there looking as smug as a cat can. Before leaning forward to lick Thierry's face. Mister Buttons loves his favorite toy!
*purrr purrr*

Reinholdt feels kinda bad though. >>
:smallfrown:

Snares
2010-10-17, 06:36 PM
Thierry half-heartedly tries to push Mister Buttons off, but eventually just sits there being licked, until Chumley comes to help him up.

"Thanks..." he says, looking a mix between dejected and embarrassed. "I... I think he likes me. Too much."

Trobby
2010-10-17, 06:37 PM
Rae spots Kris walking through the door to the infirmary, and waves at her.

Hey, Kris!

"Oh!" Kris smiles, glad to see a familiar face. "Hey Rae! Is Quinn in today? I was hoping I could talk with her. Though it's not really important if she's busy..."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 06:39 PM
Thierry half-heartedly tries to push Mister Buttons off, but eventually just sits there being licked, until Chumley comes to help him up.

"Thanks..." he says, looking a mix between dejected and embarrassed. "I... I think he likes me. Too much."

Chumley smiles. No problem. So, er... I believe I'm in the same cabin as you? My name's Chumley. You're Thierry, right?

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 06:41 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons tilts his head sideways to look up at Thierry, his tail twitching.
Meow.

"RAWR."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 06:43 PM
Well, she's sort of just been sitting here for a couple of hours, not really doing anything. I'm not sure if something's wrong with her, or...

You'll have to forgive Rae, he's new here.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 06:46 PM
A duck walks up to the two of them.

It speaks.

"You'll have to forgive her. She's in deadtime status right now. You can tell because of the black ooze surrounding her body. She's perfectly safe, but unable to interact with you. Just go about what you are doing at the moment and she will be back to her senses in a moment."

Then the duck flies away.

Kris looks up at Rae with a great deal of confusion in her eyes.

"...Was that a demonic duck of some sort?"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 06:48 PM
[Lake]

Chumley RAWRs back. :smallamused:

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 06:49 PM
"Duck!"

Er... Why is there a full grown woman chasing after the duck? :smallconfused: She stops running once it gets too high in the sky, and flicks one of her ears angrily.

"Darn'et."

Ermine then eyes Kris and Rae, daring them to comment on her troublesome predatory instinct that pops up now and again.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 06:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure, I don't think so though. So, anyway, did you get my note?

Snares
2010-10-17, 06:55 PM
((Don't worry Rein, it all goes towards Thierry being less of a delusional idiot. :smallbiggrin:))

[Lake]

"Yes, I'm Thierry," he says, starting to be more like himself again. "Are you pretty new here too, then? I haven't been here long myself..."

Then Mister Buttons rawrs at him. "Oh, shut up, you," he says exasperatedly. "Do you know if that thing is trained or not? And who it belongs to?" he asks Chumley.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 06:58 PM
Chumley inspects Mister Buttons briefely, then concludes with finality, No. I have no idea who it belongs to, if it's trained, or, for the record, what a hypercube looks like. And yes, I just got here last night. Chumley leans in a bit. Sorta depressing place, isn't it?

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:03 PM
"You catch them often, Ermine?" Riace asks, grinning.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 07:04 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons does the only thing a cat can do when someone meows BACK. He reaches up to paw at Chumley's face and meows again.
"RAWR"

Trobby
2010-10-17, 07:04 PM
"Duck!"

Er... Why is there a full grown woman chasing after the duck? :smallconfused: She stops running once it gets too high in the sky, and flicks one of her ears angrily.

"Darn'et."

Ermine then eyes Kris and Rae, daring them to comment on her troublesome predatory instinct that pops up now and again.

I'm not entirely sure, I don't think so though. So, anyway, did you get my note?

((Pssst! Rae, what did the note say again? <.<; ))

"Er...yeah. thanks for taking care of me, by the way." Kris smiles at him...and gives odd looks back towarsd the Ermine.

"Don't look now, but I think someone is looking at us funny..."

((And despite certain conventions, the duck does not fly around in the sky while it flashes three times in a row. A dog does not laugh at someone for their failure.))

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 07:06 PM
[Lake]

MROWL! Chumley is pawed!

...no, she will NOT curtain with Buttons, you sicko. :smallannoyed:

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:06 PM
Ermine glares at Riace, before breaking into a grin.

"I cen usually catch'em if ah'm quick about et. Course, not in dis clunky form."

She looks down at her humanoid form and its silly two upright legs and non-streamlined form.

She gives Kris a flashy smile to show her small but pointy fangs.

Snares
2010-10-17, 07:07 PM
Thierry nods. "Been here a few days myself. Maybe a few weeks now. I'm not so sure... GLoG is just... confusing. Not depressing. Very, very confusing. Nothing makes any sense. No order to it. A bit like this... whatever it is... Nexus in general."

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 07:08 PM
[Lake]

I have no idea where that came from.

"RAWR"
I know where that came from.
*tail twitch*

Also Into, Ducks around here are Non-Existent Ducks. Along with Menacing Crabs, and Creepy-Eyed Squirrels, they have a long history of being wildlife with names.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 07:08 PM
((I didn't actually say what was written on the note, I was waiting for Kris to read it. But it said "Meet me at the cabin, and I'll show you. You've earned it."))

It's no problem. A teacher has to look out for his students, doesn't he? Besides, it was my fault you got hurt in the first place.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 07:10 PM
[Lake]

Well, maybe the depressing is just me. But I like the confusing. It's like... background noise. Like the ocean. I like the ocean. :smallsmile:

Snares
2010-10-17, 07:13 PM
[Lake]

"I don't much like the confusing when it's all around me. And I don't like the ocean when it's all around me either," says Thierry, looking down at his soaking wet clothes. He sighs.

"I need to get out of these. They're getting cold. Just... keep the tiger busy for a while so I can walk to the cabin without getting jumped on," he says.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 07:14 PM
[Lake]

Kay. Chumley glares at the tiger and cracks her knuckles. Now it's just you... and me. YOU WANNA TRY SOMETHING, PUNK?

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 07:16 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons tilts his head and looks up at Chumley. Huh? :smallconfused:
He moves forward to nuzzle against her. GIVE HIM PETS!!

Trobby
2010-10-17, 07:20 PM
Non-existent ducks? o.o

Well, shoot. Wish The Programmer had known that. <.<;

"I deny any suggestions that I might be lazy."

>.>; Me too.

Kris smiles back, though more nervously and with only a slight bit of fang.

[QUOTE=Rae Artemi;9574325]((I didn't actually say what was written on the note, I was waiting for Kris to read it. But it said "Meet me at the cabin, and I'll show you. You've earned it."))

It's no problem. A teacher has to look out for his students, doesn't he? Besides, it was my fault you got hurt in the first place.

"Heh...only sorta. It wasn't that bad either. I've had worse..."

"So what exactly did you mean in your note anyway?"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 07:23 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons tilts his head and looks up at Chumley. Huh? :smallconfused:
He moves forward to nuzzle against her. GIVE HIM PETS!!

Chumley prepares to fight! Only she's distracted by TEH DUCKS, so her blows are more pets than actual strikes. :smallannoyed:

McBish
2010-10-17, 07:23 PM
[Woods]

A small woman moves quietly in the woods near the base. She is very reptilian in her appearance. She has a skinny tail that she often hides in the folds of her cloak. She has a flat nose and her irises are like that of a snakes. She often licks at her lips and the air. She seems to be following a trail that is leading her pretty close to the base. She seems shy but as she gets closer she doesn't do her best to keep hidden, though she will duck out of sight pretty quickly.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:24 PM
"I know. I couldn't see hunting much of anything in this shape either." Riace laughs. He has done it, and was that ever terrible.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 07:25 PM
The thing I did, remember? I meant that I'd show you what it was. You would have beaten me in the race if I hadn't crashed, so I'm going to hold up my side of the bargain. I thought that I'd be done talking to Quinn by the time you woke up, though, which is why I said to meet me at the cabin, but since she... deadtimed, whatever that means, I'm not done talking with her, and I don't want to leave without finishing my conversation with her. I wish I could clone myself...

Rae starts rubbing his head and shifting his gaze between Kris, and Quinn.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:28 PM
"I know. I couldn't see hunting much of anything in this shape either." Riace laughs. He has done it, and was that ever terrible.

"Ah know, right? Daft monkies wit dere lack o' claws n' sharp teeth."

Ermine throws up her hands in disgust. Before remembering something.

"'Cept, o'course, if'n ye used a gun er someting. But dat's cheating."

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 07:28 PM
[Lake]

Mister Buttons purrs happily at the pets before turning and walking away to find some sun.

Which he does. He rotates five times on the same spot before curling up to go to sleep.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 07:30 PM
[Lake]
Yah, you better run. :smallannoyed:

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:36 PM
"Ah know, right? Daft monkies wit dere lack o' claws n' sharp teeth."

Ermine throws up her hands in disgust. Before remembering something.

"'Cept, o'course, if'n ye used a gun er someting. But dat's cheating."

"How do you think about a knife or a club, then?" Riace asks, thoughtful.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:37 PM
"How do you think about a knife or a club, then?" Riace asks, thoughtful.

"Oh, way too crude ta be called weapons. Gimme a good pair o' claws n' some fangs anyday."

:smallconfused: Huh. Weird ermine philosophy is weird.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:44 PM
"Well, those are certainly more elegant, but I think such crude measures are okay if you need them. After all, most aren't so lucky as us, to have claws at all."
Poor helpless little humans.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 07:45 PM
"Yeah...it's too bad that sort of thing can't happen."

:smallfrown:

*Suddenly, Rae and Kris are both at the Denim Cabin!*

[Denim Cabin]

"So, now that we're here, are you going to show me what the big secret is?"

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:46 PM
"Course. Deir problem, dough."

Ermine grins and waggles her ears.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:48 PM
"Yeah. But I feel just a little bad for them. It is an ermine's teeth and claws you have, isn't it? The name's not a brilliant joke?"
Riace grins back.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:50 PM
"Course! What'd'ya fink I am, a badger?!"

Ermine scoffs. It may be worth noting that the woman doesn't actually have claws at the moment.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 07:53 PM
"Well, you look like a pretty human to me."

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 07:56 PM
Ermine glares.

*poof!*

There is now a small ermine (http://allthecreatures.org/wp-content/uploads/ermine.jpg) wearing an oversized hat sitting in a pile of clothes where the woman used to be.

"Ye were sayin'?"

Ermine's voice is much squeakier. The mustlide then takes off her hat and begins shoving the discarded clothing into it. Despite some articles, like her silky fur cape, being larger than the hat itself. Magic hat.

"Grumblegrumble. Hard te git back in hooman form cause o' stoopid clothes. Grumblegrumble."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 07:56 PM
[Denim Cabin]

Wait, what just happened? The last thing I remember, I was talking to you in the infirmary, and now we're here. And I have this odd feeling in the back of my head that I'm somehow still at the infirmary... This is one odd universe.

Rae shrugs.

Oh well, I guess it's nothing to worry about. And yeah, I'll show you what the secret is, but first, I have something to give you.

Rae then proceeds to reach his arm much farther down into his coat pocket than he should be able to, and pulls out a smaller jacket, Kris's size, with long sleeves.

It's customary for a Denimancer to give his students one of these before their first lesson. This has the same enchantments as your pants, plus another.

He offers the jacket to her.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:00 PM
There is now a small ermine (http://allthecreatures.org/wp-content/uploads/ermine.jpg) wearing an oversized hat sitting in a pile of clothes where the woman used to be.

"Ye were sayin'?"

Ermine's voice is much squeakier. The mustlide then takes off her hat and begins shoving the discarded clothing into it. Despite some articles, like her silky fur cape, being larger than the hat itself. Magic hat.

"Grumblegrumble. Hard te git back in hooman form cause o' stoopid clothes. Grumblegrumble."

That's adorable. "Well, now it's clear enough." Riace tries to help put the clothes in the hat, and then pick the ermine up. "That is a bit of a problem. Too bad for you."

Trobby
2010-10-17, 08:03 PM
[Denim Cabin]

Wait, what just happened? The last thing I remember, I was talking to you in the infirmary, and now we're here. And I have this odd feeling in the back of my head that I'm somehow still at the infirmary... This is one odd universe.

Rae shrugs.

Oh well, I guess it's nothing to worry about. And yeah, I'll show you what the secret is, but first, I have something to give you.

Rae then proceeds to reach his arm much farther down into his coat pocket than he should be able to, and pulls out a smaller jacket, Kris's size, with long sleeves.

It's customary for a Denimancer to give his students one of these before their first lesson. This has the same enchantments as your pants, plus another.

He offers the jacket to her.

Kris nods to him, watching as he pulls an entire jacket out of one pocket.

She bows to him as he offers it to her. Then takes it, and slides it on her body .

Sure hope he knows her size.

"Thank you, Rae."

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:04 PM
The clothes go through a black... window? in the hat. And disappear. Enchanted hammerspace?

Ermine, clutching her hat, is picked up quite easily. Though she struggles a bit.

"'Ey! Put me down! Notaa problem! Notta problem!"

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:04 PM
The small snake woman makes her way closer watching the people outside in the camp. She seems nervous and trying to build up confidence to approach someone. In the end she just slowly starts to walk out in the open towards the center of the base.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:07 PM
Riace sets her back down then. "There you go."

horngeek
2010-10-17, 08:09 PM
Karen waits for Quinn to find out where to go!

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:10 PM
Ermine appears quite glad to have her paws on the ground again. She puts the floofy hat on her head, which somehow fits fine, and drops down to all fours.

"Tanks."

Following a bit of instinct, the mustlide sniffs the ground, searching for a wayward mouse or something. Nuthin. Hm.

"What's da grub like 'round 'ere?"

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 08:12 PM
Garth is outside. Whittling away at some wood.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:12 PM
"It's pretty good. Plenty to be cooked in the kitchen there, and animals to catch in the woods just along there." Riace points at each place in turn, and remains a human, because I don't think he can talk as an animal.

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:14 PM
Garth might notice a small snake like woman wandering through the camp.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 08:14 PM
Sure hope he knows her size.

((He was carrying her for most of yesterday, I should hope he knows how big she is. :smalltongue:))

When Kris puts the jacket on, the bottom begins to rise, and stops when the coat hangs just a few inches below her arms.

And there's that other enchantment. A denimancer's jacket's length corresponds to their skills in denimancy, once it becomes the length of an average jacket, for their size, they are usually ready to begin their independent studies, and their coat's length begins to require a much higher raise in abilities to grow. Anyway though, I think it's about time for me to show you what I did.

Rae then proceeds to remove his jacket.

This thing has so many enhancements, it's always a pain to mend.

((OOC question. Would it be alright if I took/ Is it proper to take the actual reveal of the secret to a PM, to keep it a secret?))

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:16 PM
"Mmm... Kitchen, ye say?"

Why, that seems like just the place for a pirate to raid! Ermine scurries off toward the kitchens to "borrow" some food.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 08:17 PM
Garth might notice a small snake like woman wandering through the camp.

Garth does. And waves. Yep.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:21 PM
"Yes. Kitchen." Riace follows along after the ermine, to get some food himself.

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:24 PM
The woman sees the wave and waves back looking around and then slowly approaching Garth.

Hello there.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:26 PM
Since I'm not sure what would actually be in GLoG's kitchens, Ermine finds herself some biscuits and any form of meat. The mustlide doesn't mind the meat being uncooked, and tucks into the food hungrily.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 08:26 PM
" Hello to you too. " Garth says with a smile. Huh, looks like he's carving a snake or a snake like thing. " I'm guessing your new here? I'm Garth and welcome. " He says taking enough time to stop his carving to hold out a hand to shake.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:29 PM
Riace prepares a tuna sandwich for himself, and sits on a near bench to eat it, watching Ermine fondly.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:30 PM
Fondly? :smalleek:

Ermines gnaws on a biscuit, looking at Riace out of the corner of her eye.

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:30 PM
Yes this is um... my first time here. I am looking for someone who I think was here a few months ago briefly.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 08:34 PM
" Oh? I may not be much help but who, might I ask? " Garth says his attention split between whittling and talking.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:34 PM
He likes pirates. They remind him of a happier, more innocent time in his life. :smallsmile:

Riace will shift his gaze to the windows, the door, and so on as well as Ermine, but can certainly be seen eating his sandwich.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:36 PM
Pirates? :smallconfused: Innocent?

:smalltongue:

Ermine finishes off the biscuit. She hops on various furniture to get up to the windowsill so she can look out it.

"Hm. Never been to ah campsite bafore.

Lots'a trees. Not much water, sides da lake."

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 08:38 PM
[Infirmary]

Oh, right, sorry. So, Quinn, I would like to inform you that your camp has gained a new cabin, complete with a training hall, and, soon, magical heating.

(Deadtiming Rae now too.)

"Oh? Well, that's great." Quinn smiles. "Thank you. May I ask how you constructed it?"

Karen waits for Quinn to find out where to go!

((*brandishes the +5 Poking Poker of Poking in Lord Pringle's direction* :smalltongue:))

A duck walks up to the two of them.

It speaks.

"You'll have to forgive her. She's in deadtime status right now. You can tell because of the black ooze surrounding her body. She's perfectly safe, but unable to interact with you. Just go about what you are doing at the moment and she will be back to her senses in a moment."

Then the duck flies away.

Kris looks up at Rae with a great deal of confusion in her eyes.

"...Was that a demonic duck of some sort?"

((...Intro, you hereby win one Internet. :smallbiggrin:))

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:40 PM
Yes. :smallcool: That's his story and he's sticking to it. :smallwink:

"Not much water? How much are you used to?" Asks Riace, shocked. He hasn't seen this much water in hours!

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:41 PM
The snake woman frowns. I don't know what name he was going by when he was here. But he was like me, um very snake like. I think he was only here for a short while, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:42 PM
[Kitchen]

"Ar, like, from 'orizon ta 'orizon? Stretchin' all da way to where da stars meet da Erf."

Ermine gestures vaguely.

"Da ocean. I lived onna ship."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 08:43 PM
[Infirmary]

Denimancy, and lots of it. There are still three empty rooms, and you can feel free to allow people to live there, if they wish, but I would like to request that, if I find someone who wishes to learn denimancy, besides Miss Kris, they be allowed to live there, even if they do not wish to join GLoG.

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 08:44 PM
The snake woman frowns. I don't know what name he was going by when he was here. But he was like me, um very snake like. I think he was only here for a short while, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Garth shrugs. " Sorry, haven't seen anyone like that. You could go asking around though, maybe someone has seen him. "

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 08:47 PM
[KITCHEN]

"Right. What brings you here, then?"

McBish
2010-10-17, 08:50 PM
The woman nods. I guess. Thank you for your time. And in fear of taking up any more of his time she starts to scurry away continuing to search around the base for something or someone.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 08:51 PM
[Kitchen]

"Vacation. Mebe some debt n' thugs. But no'uns findin' me 'ere."

Ermine adjusts her floofy hat to put it at an acceptably rakish angle. :smallcool:

"To GLoG specifically, I jus' followed dat catboy Butler 'ere on a whim."

And also attraction towards him. But that's better left unsaid and left behind.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 08:52 PM
[Infirmary]

"As it is your creation, I will allow it, on one condition - that anybody who stays there is not Evil," Quinn says, firmly. "If anybody staying there is learned to be committing evil acts, they will be evicted - not necessarily with taking the time to check with you first. Understood?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 08:54 PM
[Infirmary]

I wouldn't teach anyone who I thought was evil, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:01 PM
[Kitchen]

Riace nods. "Catboy? That seems an awful lot of us here."

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 09:02 PM
[Infirmary]

"Then we have an agreement, that the Good League of Good shall host the Denimancers' Academy?"

And Quinn holds out her hand to shake on it!

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:03 PM
[Kitchen]

"Aye. And imma unique little snowflake, not many odder ermines 'r weasels 'round 'ere."

Ermine seems proud of this detail. :smallconfused:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 09:06 PM
[Infirmary]

It won't be much of an academy, most likely, but I'll agree to it.

Rae shakes her hand.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:08 PM
[Kitchen]

"Never lonely, are you?"

Riace thinks he couldn't have found a better place to wait.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:10 PM
[Kitchen]

"Naw. Hoomans an' catfolk an' whatever else dere is 'ere are all fine company."

Ermine wriggles her tail, for no particular reason.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:11 PM
[Kitchen]

Riace nods after a moment. "I suppose some of us must be. You are to us, after all."

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:13 PM
[Kitchen]

"I am? Huh. All da folks 'ere are all nice n' polite. Nutin' like back 'ome on da seas."

Pirates aren't used to actually being respected! Butler was creepy enough with his door-holding-open! :smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:16 PM
[Kitchen]

"Sure, you really are. Thanks, then."

It's a sad day when a pirate can't get any respect.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:19 PM
[Kitchen]

Well, pirates respected each other in the "I'm not going to try and mug you because I know you're a bit dangerous and don't want to get hurt" way, not the "I respect you as an individual and your right to exist, and want to help you in any way" way GLoGites do it.

"Arrrr... Tanks, den. An'.... Yer welcome?"

Ermine is clearly uncomfortable with it.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:21 PM
[Kitchen]

True. I can't help but picture GLoG as pirates now.

"You're welcome as well, Lady Ermine."

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:22 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine now gives Riace a funny look.

"Lady Ermine? Hah, me father'd be rollin' in 'is watery grave if 'e 'eard dat."

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:27 PM
[Kitchen]

He shrugs. "I don't know the terms of address around here. It seemed to fit."

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:29 PM
[Kitchen]

"Jus' Ermine is fine. Honorifics ain't necessary as far as ah'm concerned."

Ermine's stares softens and she goes back to gazing outside at the trees.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 09:30 PM
[Infirmary]

Rae shakes her hand.

Quinn's handshake is firm and strong.

And she smiles, as she unfortunatly deadtimes for now, as her player is getting overloaded with threads to post in.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:31 PM
[Kitche]

"As you wish." Riace sighs and pulls out a small sketching-pad, to start to draw on it.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:33 PM
[Kitchen]

The sound of pencil on paper soon tests Ermine's curiosity, and she glances over. The small mustide scampers across more furniture to try and hop onto his shoulder, so she can try to look at whatever he's drawing. She doesn't seem to believe in personal space.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 09:37 PM
After Quinn deadtimes, Rae looks around the infirmary, and, seeing nothing of interest to him, walks out of the infirmary and toward Denim Cabin.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:38 PM
[Kitch]

He doesn't mind at all, and smiles when the animal hops onto his shoulder. The sketch already shows a view from within a burning forest. The page opposite shows an ermine.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:41 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine scrutinizes the ermine drawing, making sure there's nothing wrong with it. And then looks at the firey forest sketch. Yeesh. Fire. Didn't get much of that on the ocean, but the instinct of a forest animal stirs up a bit of primal apprehension.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:46 PM
[Kitc]

It's a pretty good likeness. Shouldn't be anything seriously wrong with it. Riace looks over at Ermine and raises an eyebrow. Nothing wrong with a bit of fire.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:47 PM
[Kitchen]

Fire's bad if you live (or at least, your species should live) in a place filled with flammable plant matter and when you're covered in fur.

Ermine returns the look.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 09:50 PM
As Rae is walking toward Denim cabin, he feels something pulling him toward Trog's. He can't explain it, but he feels an urge to... pounce on someone, and he somehow knows that someone is at Trog's. He leaves the campgrounds.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:51 PM
[Kit]

Riace continues looking at her. He'd probably realize that, but he's too used to being human yet.

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 09:54 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine don't look away either, keeping her eyes steady and unblinking.

Ah, staring contests. Animals know how to do those. Of course, they don't always work out... Cars, for example, are very good at staring contests.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 09:58 PM
[Ki]

Riace continues his stare, but is starting to smile. He has to prove how good cats are at keeping their gaze focused, after all.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 10:00 PM
[Kitchen]

Butler comes in suddenly, no doubt somehow screwing with the staring contest.

"Hi ma'ams!" :smallsmile:
He heads to the fridge to get a Nuka-Cola.
Yum!

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 10:03 PM
[Kitchen] Tag is sad that Recaiden's tag is shrinking. :smallfrown:

Ah. A cat. Ermine's eyes are starting to waver. Then Butler comes in, and the ermine looks at him. Hm. How does he react to her being a small and furry mammal now? :smalltongue: Actually... That has... Implications... :smalleek:

"Don't think ye won..."

"'Ello Butler!"

Murkus
2010-10-17, 10:06 PM
Praetorious is cooking frantically in the kitchen, trying desperately to avoid burning... what appears to be an omelette. He's not paying attention to the others at the moment.

Flint is at the edge of camp, near the woods, his umbrella at his back. The sun, too, is at his back. Setting.

Soon he'll be able to dump the stupid umbrella and move around freely. If there was anything he hated more, it was the vampire's aversion to the sun. At least it'd be night soon.

Unless some other PC has a need for it to be daytime, naturally.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 10:09 PM
[Kitchen]

It has implications? :smallconfused:
Any more than say... pulling the curtain with an onion? :smalltongue:

:smalleek:
"... Is that you Ermine ma'am?" Butler is surprised!

VampireRot
2010-10-17, 10:11 PM
[Kitchen]

Oh... Butler... Right. :smallsigh: Forgot I said anything. :smalltongue:

"Yup, it's me. How ye doin'?"

Ermine twitches an ear as she looks at Butler.

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 10:11 PM
[K] It'll be back later.

A cat! Riace alllmost looks away. Wait. Ma'am? That's...actually not a bad idea. He wonders if he'd have to eat Janicei's heart or something.
"Hello, Butler sir."
He decides it can't hurt to try, and in a moment is a catgirl (http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d17/2209/63dd120.png) there instead.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 10:15 PM
[Kitchen]

>>
Totally didn't forget Riace was a boy, nope.
Butler admits, she looks cuter and sexier this way though! He's always been a sucker for the ladies.

"I'm doing great ma'am! You look cute ma'am." Butler reaches down to pet the Ermine. As he smiles at the catgirl. "Hi ma'am. It was... Riace, right ma'am? Can I make you anything ma'am?" :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2010-10-17, 10:22 PM
[Ki] See?

Of course not. >.>

Riace smiles to Butler and nods. "Yes. Nice to meet you, and no, I don't need anything. Thank you, though."

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 10:24 PM
[Kitchen]

"Oh alright ma'am. What're you two doing ma'ams? Do you want to sing with the Pirate Singing Group too ma'am?" :smallsmile:
It could be a Quartet!

Butler deadtimes.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:26 PM
((He was carrying her for most of yesterday, I should hope he knows how big she is. :smalltongue:))

When Kris puts the jacket on, the bottom begins to rise, and stops when the coat hangs just a few inches below her arms.

And there's that other enchantment. A denimancer's jacket's length corresponds to their skills in denimancy, once it becomes the length of an average jacket, for their size, they are usually ready to begin their independent studies, and their coat's length begins to require a much higher raise in abilities to grow. Anyway though, I think it's about time for me to show you what I did.

Rae then proceeds to remove his jacket.

This thing has so many enhancements, it's always a pain to mend.

((OOC question. Would it be alright if I took/ Is it proper to take the actual reveal of the secret to a PM, to keep it a secret?))

[Denim Cabin]

Kris tugs on the sleeves of her coat, and chuckles a bit as it adjusts itself.

"Size-adjusting jacket. Heh...nice."

((You could do that, or you could put it in a spoiler box. Either one will work if you want it to stay secret from those who should not know. And we're usually pretty good about not knowing things we shouldn't know))

[Infirmary]
"Oh? Well, that's great." Quinn smiles. "Thank you. May I ask how you constructed it?"

[Infirmary]

Denimancy, and lots of it. There are still three empty rooms, and you can feel free to allow people to live there, if they wish, but I would like to request that, if I find someone who wishes to learn denimancy, besides Miss Kris, they be allowed to live there, even if they do not wish to join GLoG.

[Infirmary]

"As it is your creation, I will allow it, on one condition - that anybody who stays there is not Evil," Quinn says, firmly. "If anybody staying there is learned to be committing evil acts, they will be evicted - not necessarily with taking the time to check with you first. Understood?"

[Infirmary]

I wouldn't teach anyone who I thought was evil, so that shouldn't be a problem.

[Infirmary]

"Then we have an agreement, that the Good League of Good shall host the Denimancers' Academy?"

And Quinn holds out her hand to shake on it!

[Infirmary]

Rae shakes her hand.

Quinn's handshake is firm and strong.

And she smiles, as she unfortunatly deadtimes for now, as her player is getting overloaded with threads to post in.

On the last point, Kris's player sympathizes. Seems like suddenly activity has hit a spike.

It's as if Rabbit's return has brought new life to the Nexus...

Which is silly. ;p Necromancers don't bring life. :smallsmile:

What? Kris is just standing there while this happens. She WAS goign to ask her if the Denim cabin was okay, but that already got asked, so instead she'll..

Hmm...I guess she'll hang out there until Jamie shows up. :smallsmile: She likes Jamie.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:32 PM
Jamie, as it happens, is currently trying to sneak up on Kris from behind! :smalleek:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 10:39 PM
Yeah, they are quite nice. And now, for the big reveal.

Rae waves his hand, and the doors and windows of the cabin move together and shut.

((I'm going to deadtime now and send you a PM in the morning, as long-ish descriptions and PS3s without keyboards don't mix well.))

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:42 PM
Jamie, as it happens, is currently trying to sneak up on Kris from behind! :smalleek:

Kris's ears twist around a little, picking up on the footsteps behind her.

She stays perfectly still, with her hands behind her back,listening in on the gradual sneak of Jamie.

Sneak up on a Monk, Jamie? You'd have an easier time trying to catch a cloud. :smalltongue:

Yeah, they are quite nice. And now, for the big reveal.

Rae waves his hand, and the doors and windows of the cabin move together and shut.

((I'm going to deadtime now and send you a PM in the morning, as long-ish descriptions and PS3s without keyboards don't mix well.))

Kay. :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:44 PM
Jamie is the Spawn of Tobias. Don't tell her what she can't do! :smalltongue:

...she'll try to sneak up on Kris...

...then tackle-pounce-tickle her! :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:53 PM
Jamie is the Spawn of Tobias. Don't tell her what she can't do! :smalltongue:

...she'll try to sneak up on Kris...

...then tackle-pounce-tickle her! :smalltongue:

Kris is ticklepou-

"REVERSAL!"

Oh wait, she grabbed Jamie as she went for the pounce, and managed to turn the tables on her.

Of course, seeing that it IS Jamie, things change slightly.

She'll counter with her own tickle attack!

"Hehehe! You didn't think you could defeat a powerful Denimancer Monk like that, did you?"

Oh yeah, Jamie should notice that Kris is now wearing both denim pants and a denim jacket, courtesy of Rae.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:55 PM
Jamie is caught!
And giggles madly as she's tickled!
"Why, of course, I thought I could! Guess I'll have to work harder at it!" She giggles and tries to countertickle!

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:04 PM
Jamie is caught!
And giggles madly as she's tickled!
"Why, of course, I thought I could! Guess I'll have to work harder at it!" She giggles and tries to countertickle!

Unfortunately for Jamie, Kris is actually really GOOD at grapple checks! And her player rolls...

...a 2.

<.<;

Kris bursts into giggles of her own.

"Heh...it wasn't bad, but cats have veeery good hearing. I could tell you were on the approach."

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 11:05 PM
Garth is outside whistling and whittling away at some wood.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:08 PM
"Awwwwww...well, I'll just have t be stealther then!" Jamie insists! Tickling a bit more before trying to escape!

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:13 PM
"Awwwwww...well, I'll just have t be stealther then!" Jamie insists! Tickling a bit more before trying to escape!

Too bad her player didn't practically botch this time. :smalltongue: She gets most of the tickles before Kris finally lets her go.

"You've really got to learn how to balance your weight for that. It takes a lot of practice. And it also doesn't help that you were trying to stifle giggles while you snuck up on me."

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:26 PM
"...I was not!" Jamie protests. "Welllll...maybe a little...."

She giggles now though. "Maybe I should have tried to fly or something!"

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:29 PM
"Yea-wait, you can fly?!"

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:34 PM
"...no. But that just means I need to learn how," Jamie says with a grin. "I mean, if I can learn to control wind enough I can make it make me fly, right?"

ApeofLight
2010-10-17, 11:37 PM
Garth finishes his wood carving and starts to wander the camp.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:43 PM
[Infirmary]

"...I don't know." Kris shrugged, quirking both brows. "I can't do either. My friend could fly though...it was REALLY awesome...maybe you could try sitting on something like a broom, or growing some wings."

"Do you think that'd work?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:47 PM
[Infirmary]

"Ick." Jamie makes a face. "Wings would just be weird, and I already have my windstrider - I can fly on that!" She grins.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:53 PM
[Infirmary]

"Ick." Jamie makes a face. "Wings would just be weird, and I already have my windstrider - I can fly on that!" She grins.

Oh no! she caught orange text! XD She's becoming more like Tobias every day.

"Windstrider? What's that?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:58 PM
:smalltongue:

Jamie smiles, and points at the brooch she's wearing. "It unfolds from that when I put magical energy into it! And you can fly on it. Really fast, too. It's neat, Nimai and Mara gave it to me."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:23 AM
Kris leans in to look at it caaarrefully.

"Oooh...it's very nice." Kris grins, swishing her tail. "Can I see?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:25 AM
Jamie nods, taking off her brooch, concentrating for a moment, then tossing it down - where it unfolds into a shining windstrider!

((Which I believe the best description is a cross between a motorbike and a surfboard, that flies? :smalltongue:))

Isn't it awesome?" she says, grinning happily.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:28 AM
((I am efficiently impressed. :smalltongue: ))

"Ooh...that IS awesome." Kris grins, looking at the incredible magical flying machine. "How fast can you fly on this?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:33 AM
"Um, well, I'm still kinda learning," Jamie says a little sheepishly as she lets it fold back up into her brooch. "But Nimai's could do 60!"

Her player thinks that was the number given. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:39 AM
Fortunately for the player, Kris is even less experienced.

"Sixty? Like, sixty feet per second? That DOES sound really fast."

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:48 AM
Jamie shakes her head.
"Miles per hour, I think. It's just really really fast!"

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:56 AM
"Ohh..."

Kris tries to figure out if that'd be faster, or slower.

Math makes Kris do funny faces. :smalltongue:

"How does it work?"

**Must be off. G'night.**

Morty
2010-10-18, 07:44 AM
Reelshka undeadtimes, standing expectantly near the entrance to the campsite. After a while, she sees the people she's been waiting for: a pair of goblins leading another, very small one. She runs to greet them and they all begin talking rather quickly in Goblin. They go on for about ten minutes, and then the two adult goblins kiss their daugher goodbye and leave her with Reelshka. The goblin architect hugs her niece and leads her back to the campsite to introduce her to everyone.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:56 PM
[Denim Cabin]

Kris is stepping outside of the Denim Cabin, with a wide-eyed look on her face.

She looks up to Rae, and smiles, a very, very wide smile.

"Do you...really need to hide that? I mean...that was pretty...well, it was AWESOME."

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 01:58 PM
[Kitchen]

>>
Totally didn't forget Riace was a boy, nope.
Butler admits, she looks cuter and sexier this way though! He's always been a sucker for the ladies.

"I'm doing great ma'am! You look cute ma'am." Butler reaches down to pet the Ermine. As he smiles at the catgirl. "Hi ma'am. It was... Riace, right ma'am? Can I make you anything ma'am?" :smallsmile:

[Ki] See?

Of course not. >.>

Riace smiles to Butler and nods. "Yes. Nice to meet you, and no, I don't need anything. Thank you, though."
[Kitchen]

"Oh alright ma'am. What're you two doing ma'ams? Do you want to sing with the Pirate Singing Group too ma'am?" :smallsmile:
It could be a Quartet!

Butler deadtimes.
[Kitchen]

Ermine accepts the pets with crooning, purr-like noises. Though she tries to duck her head down so she can actually act serious. Pirates aren't supposed to act like a puppy when scritched!

"Ye... Ye can change yer gender?"

First thing Ermine thinks? Kinky. :smallamused:

"We were jus' 'ungry, an' talkin'."

Singing. :smallannoyed: The pirates Ermine hung out with didn't usually sing unless drunk. When they did... well, lets say the lyrics would a bit too explicit for these forums. :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 02:11 PM
[Denim Cabin]

Kris is stepping outside of the Denim Cabin, with a wide-eyed look on her face.

She looks up to Rae, and smiles, a very, very wide smile.

"Do you...really need to hide that? I mean...that was pretty...well, it was AWESOME."

Rae follows Kris back out of the cabin, wearing his jacket again, with his hands in his pockets..

I probably don't really need to hide it anymore, but, when I was younger, I always had to hide it, so I guess it has become a habit. And, like I said before, everyone else who has seen it is either dead now or out of my life. It probably has nothing to do with it, but those things get to you, you know?

Rae shrugs.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 02:44 PM
Riace shrugs the shoulder without an Ermine on it.
"It seems that way, doesn't it? Why not? Kind of a useless trick, but I won't complain."
Riace smiles more, though, getting big ideas into her head.
"I'm afraid I can't sing well, Butler. Just finishing lunch, and talking while I wait. What are you here for, sirrah?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 02:47 PM
[Kitchen]

"Getting lunch myself ma'am."
*pet pet the Ermine*

Butler keeps it up all through the impending deadtime too. So long as he's allowed.

((deadtime))

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 02:51 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine is a pirate! She'd never allow th-

>.> <.<

*Purrpurr nuzzlenuzzle*

Trobby
2010-10-18, 03:18 PM
Rae follows Kris back out of the cabin, wearing his jacket again, with his hands in his pockets..

I probably don't really need to hide it, anymore, but, when I was younger, I always had to hide it, so I guess it has become a habit. And, like I said before, everyone else who has seen it is either dead now, or out of my life. It probably has nothing to do with it, but those things get to you, you know?

Rae shrugs.

Ack! D= Comma abuse!

"I knew a guy who had wings y'know. His name was Ruvyn, and he was the leader of our group back in my home world. He always wore a mask to hide his face, and he was a great commander." She grinned, remembering times long gone but fond in her memories.

"You would've liked him."

Morty
2010-10-18, 03:21 PM
Reelshka is still looking for someone to introduce her niece to.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 03:46 PM
Ack! D= Comma abuse!

((I only used two too many...))

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Kris. I've never really gotten along with authority figures. But you never know.

Rae then takes his hands out of his pockets.

Anyway though, I just remembered that I said I would show you before we begin your first Denimancy lesson. You don't want to make me a liar, do you?

Trobby
2010-10-18, 04:06 PM
((I only used two too many...))

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Kris. I've never really gotten along with authority figures. But you never know.

Rae then takes his hands out of his pockets.

Anyway though, I just remembered that I said I would show you before we begin your first Denimancy lesson. You don't want to make me a liar, do you?

"..."

Oh right. :smalltongue: I forgot.

"Oh right. Heh...I forgot. Alright, let's go start! And y'know, as much of an authority as he was, even I liked him. He led with the understanding that people should act on their own."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 04:09 PM
Alright. The destructive parts shouldn't start for a while, so would you rather do this outside or in?

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 05:01 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine is a pirate! She'd never allow th-

>.> <.<

*Purrpurr nuzzlenuzzle*

Riace looks up at Butler and laughs, then back to Ermine. "Enjoying yourself?"

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 05:06 PM
[Kitchen]

"Don't pat- *purrpurr* -ronize me."

Ermine tries to glare at Riace. But finds herself unable to do much, caught in the thrall of pettings from Butler. :smallredface: Oh well. Might as well enjoy herself.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 06:09 PM
[Kit]

Riace nods. "Okay." He nods and tries to pet the Ermine as well.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 06:13 PM
[Kitchen]

Oh noes! Ermine is assaulted by scritches, scratches, and general pettings! Whatever will our swaggering pirate do to escape?

Find out, next ti- Oh, wait. She's purring more, and nuzzling both hands. Not much of a mystery, then. >.>

McBish
2010-10-18, 06:36 PM
In the campground the snake woman is still there. She escapes her deadtime and decides to continue to track the scent of her friend. She starts to head into the woods following the trail of his scent.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 06:42 PM
((Sorry I wasn't here, Morty. I will be on earlier tomorrow, promise!))

"Ohh..."

Kris tries to figure out if that'd be faster, or slower.

Math makes Kris do funny faces. :smalltongue:

"How does it work?"

Faster. :smalltongue:

"Um...I channel some of my magical ability into it, and it works." Jamie shrugs; Celestia help her if she ever needs to repair the thing.

horngeek
2010-10-18, 06:52 PM
In that case, she can just ask Karen to fix it! :smalltongue:

Who's still waiting.

McBish
2010-10-18, 07:04 PM
The snake woman makes her way through the woods. As she makes her way forward she starts to get more and more worried. The scent is getting stronger, but she knows why. Blood spilled here, and more as she moves on.

And then she sees the warning Tobias set up, the snake mans head on a pike in the woods. Now little more then a skull on a stick, but she recognizes it immediately. She finds the little bit of his body left, his tattered cloak, his daggers, and a small disc. She picks up the stuff tears starting to form in her eyes. So this is what happened to him. Killed by someone, or several someones at GLOG. She looks around worried someone might be spying on her and quickly starts to hurry away.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-18, 07:17 PM
Chris arrives with Kid Amanda in tow. He looks around.

"Well honey, here's the place..."

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 07:18 PM
((Aw.))

Quinn, unknowing, continues working in the Infirmary (as Quinn-Prime plot clone). :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-18, 08:01 PM
Alright. The destructive parts shouldn't start for a while, so would you rather do this outside or in?

"I'd prefer outside. Gives me a little extra room to be flexible in."

Faster. :smalltongue:

"Um...I channel some of my magical ability into it, and it works." Jamie shrugs; Celestia help her if she ever needs to repair the thing.

"Huh...so I couldn't do it then?" Kris frowned just a little. That was unfortunate...she had always wanted to figure out a way for her to fly.

<.<; Don't tell anyone that or it will embarrass her tremendously.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 08:08 PM
Kris frowned just a little. That was unfortunate...she had always wanted to figure out a way for her to fly.

((Kris has seen Rae fly using denimancy, or at least make an object that he was standing on fly, and she's learning it...))

Alright then, outside it is.

Rae closes his eyes, and raises both of his hands. Pillars at each corner of the Denim Cabin raise it about twenty feet off the ground.

What we need to do first is figure out what kind of denimancer you are.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 08:11 PM
((Kris has seen Rae fly using denimancy, or at least make an object that he was standing on fly, and she's learning it...))

Alright then, outside it is.

Rae closes his eyes, and raises both of his hands. Pillars at each corner of the Denim Cabin raise it about twenty feet off the ground.

What we need to do first is figure out what kind of denimancer you are.

((If she can grow denim wings, she would be SO happy. :3

Also, what would the cardinal ability be for Denimancers, in terms of DnD? Since Kris is originally a DnD character...))

"There's different types?"

WarKitty
2010-10-18, 08:14 PM
And the sparrow finally undeadtimes. Seems to be recovered too. The tracking device undeadtimes as well, and has as I recall been traced to the cliffs area of outside. So if anyone wishes to locate the evil bestiary...

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 08:21 PM
((She can. Rae did it before (http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7395/abr4.png).

Oh, and Cardinal ability?))

Yeah. Three, actually. They are, Combat, Control, and Construct Denimancy. All denimancers can do all three, but they always excel in one, and lag in another. I myself lag on control, and excel in combat. I think I'll test your Control first.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 08:21 PM
((Hey Quinn! Wanna follow that Sparrow plot up with Kris? :smallwink: ))

"Alright...I'm...still not sure what I'm supposed to do to control this denim though..."'

((Not the bird-associated ability if that's what you were thinking. :smalltongue:

In DnD, the three spell-casting abilities are Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. Intelligence tends to be related to people who learn how to utilize spells through study. Wisdom tends to be associated with power from a divine being or from an innate force in nature. Charisma tends to be power from the self. Wizards and other studious spellcasters use Intelligence. Clerics but also Druids who draw energy from gods and nature use Wisdom, and Sorcerers and Bards who draw power from their own raw energy use Charisma.

If that's not applicable, that's fine too.))

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 08:41 PM
((Oh, that depends on what you were before being a denimancer, and what type of Denimancy you are using. I'm actually trying to stat out a denimancer PrC, so these things are helpful to know. Construct denimancy uses charisma, control uses Intelligence, and combat uses a little of both, in addition to strength.))

This is just an easy exercise.

Rae's eyes glow, and three baseball sized balls of denim appear floating in front of him.

I'm going to make these float at you, I wan't you to try to use denimancy to push them away. Just concentrate, imagine your energy reaching out and pushing them away. Don't get frustrated if you don't get it on your first try. I'm going to start with one, and as you get the hang of it, I'll add the others. Once you get all three to move away at once, we'll move on to the next test.

With that, one of the balls starts floating towards Kris at about ten miles an hour.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 08:43 PM
[Kitchen]

Oh noes! Ermine is assaulted by scritches, scratches, and general pettings! Whatever will our swaggering pirate do to escape?

Find out, next ti- Oh, wait. She's purring more, and nuzzling both hands. Not much of a mystery, then. >.>

Butler eventually stops the pettings in order to actually get himself something to eat.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 08:45 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine looks simultaneously sorrowful and relieved once the petting stops, and leaps down to stand on two paws and put her hat on.

"I feel too tiny like dis. Any'un mind if'n I change back te a 'uman?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 08:47 PM
[Kitchen]

"I don't mind ma'am. You're just as pettable as a human ma'am." :smallbiggrin:
Butler makes sammiches!

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 09:06 PM
[Kitchen]

"Okay den."

Ermine gives Butler and Riace a lecherous grin. Quite lecherous for a small mammal. With a poof, the busty blond woman is standing where the ermine was.

Naked. :smallannoyed::smallwink:

Ermine takes off her hat and takes a silky fur cape out of it, which she quickly wraps around herself. Then she fishes some more clothes out and puts them on.

"Hehe."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:17 PM
((Oh, that depends on what you were before being a denimancer, and what type of Denimancy you are using. I'm actually trying to stat out a denimancer PrC, so these things are helpful to know. Construct denimancy uses charisma, control uses Intelligence, and combat uses a little of both, in addition to strength.))

This is just an easy exercise.

Rae's eyes glow, and three baseball sized balls of denim appear floating in front of him.

I'm going to make these float at you, I wan't you to try to use denimancy to push them away. Just concentrate, imagine your energy reaching out and pushing them away. Don't get frustrated if you don't get it on your first try. I'm going to start with one, and as you get the hang of it, I'll add the others. Once you get all three to move away at once, we'll move on to the next test.

With that, one of the balls starts floating towards Kris at about ten miles an hour.

((Ah...Kris being a trained Monk, but not of the heavy fisted variety, she's actually mostly dexterous and wise, but not that intelligent, and only sorta charismatic in the sense that she has a LOT of personality.))

Kris nodded, watching the denim ball form over Rae's hand.

"Alright...I'll do my best...though it still feels kind of funny doing something when I don't even know how it works."

When the ball flies at her, she holds out both her hands and tries to block it just like she would try to block any other sort of ball. At the same time, she channels some Ki. She...isn't exactly sure what she should use it for, but she feels like channeling her Ki should help.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:18 PM
[Kitchen]

Butler totally doesn't drop his sammiches. But there's now enough for everyone!

"What's so funny ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:20 PM
Kitchen

Praetorious undeadtimes, as does his burning omelette. He returns from a seperate room with some spices, spotting a naked woman dressing herself.

The big man quickly averts his eyes, hurrying over to the stove and taking his eggs off of the heat.

Oh, hey. The food doesn't look half bad. He probably should've added the spices earlier, though.

Outside

Flint is around. Unless anyone has any problem with this fact, it is now night, and the vampire is just exploring camp.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 09:22 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine falters a bit. Butler was just so innocent! :smallredface:

Thinking back to last night, he wasn't. :smallconfused: Man, being a pirate was way easier than this.

"Er... Nutin'. Just thought of a funneh joke. Heh..." :smallsigh:

Ermine now interests herself in looking at Praetorious with a smirk.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:25 PM
[Kitchen]

Butler is rather strange like that.
And is the most difficult part of him to play by far. :smallconfused:

"Oh, I see ma'am. Hello sir. I made sandwiches for everyone ma'ams, sir. Please have one sir, ma'ams." Butler holds out a tray full of sandwiches, expecting people to take and eat them. They're pretty tasty looking. I think.
Now I'm hungry.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 09:26 PM
The ball continues to float toward Kris, and bounces off of her hands, floating back towards Rae.
You aren't going to be strong enough to just stop this, Kris. You have to work with it. Don't try to stop it, try to divert it.

When the ball reaches Rae, he motions with his fingers, and and the ball flies around him, floating back towards Kris.

Tell me exactly what you're doing, and I'll see if I can give you any pointers.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 09:27 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine happily takes a sammich. While munching on it, she addresses Praetorious.

"So, who'are ye?"

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:29 PM
Kitchen

The void-beast returns Ermine's smile, albeit a bit apprehensively. The books he'd been reading recommended gentlemanly conduct.

He shoots Butler a glance, reaching out to take a sammich. He sniffs it, trying to discern the ingredients. Deciding it'd go good with his omelette, he puts them both on a plate and sets them on the table.

Then, his eyes fall to the others again. "I am Praetorious. And... I don't believe I've seen either of you here before. What are your names?"

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 09:31 PM
[Kitc]

Riace takes a sandwich off the plate. She doesn't want Butler to feel bad.
"I'm Riace." she adds, for Praetorius's sake.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:31 PM
The ball continues to float toward Kris, and bounces off of her hands, floating back towards Rae.
You aren't going to be strong enough to just stop this, Kris. You have to work with it. Don't try to stop it, try to divert it.

When the ball reaches Rae, he motions with his fingers, and and the ball flies around him, floating back towards Kris.

Tell me exactly what you're doing, and I'll see if I can give you any pointers.

"I'm...I'm trying to channel my Ki at it...I don't exactly know what to do though...I'm trying to push it back, or grab hold of it so that I can stop it."

She continues to try to do this, though once again, she isn't sure how to tap into her energy properly.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:32 PM
[Kitchen]

Of course it does! It's Butler's magic sammich! In that whatever's in it is whatever you want to be in it.

"I'm Butler B. Butler sir. A pleasure to meet you sir." Butler bows. And is almost as naked as Ermine just was what with his shorts and collar not exactly covering much.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 09:33 PM
[Kitchen]

Bah! Animalfolk don't need clothes! :smallyuk:

"Tha name's *munchmunch* Ermine. 'Aven't been 'ere long."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 09:35 PM
The ball bounces off of her hands again.

Okay, the first thing is, again, don't try to push it back or stop it. The force I can exert on this is much greater than the force that you can. Try to guide it around you.

The ball is heading towards Kris again.

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:39 PM
Praetorious gives a quizzical look at Butler's clothing before looking around. "Mm. It's nice to meet you all. I am relatively new here, myself. Riace? Butler? Have you two been here some time?"

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:44 PM
The ball bounces off of her hands again.

Okay, the first thing is, again, don't try to push it back or stop it. The force I can exert on this is much greater than the force that you can. Try to guide it around you.

The ball is heading towards Kris again.

"Alright..."

Kris closes her eyes, and tries to focus on the ball of denim approaching. Rather than stop it, she tries to direct her Ki to catch it, to halt it in the air and pull it around her body, like deflecting a blow from an enemy. Moving it with its own force rather than against that force.

ApeofLight
2010-10-18, 09:49 PM
Garth is outside, whittling and whistling currently.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 09:50 PM
The ball begins to move to the side, but not quickly enough, and it bounces off of Kris's shoulder.

Almost. I think you are still trying to stop it before you redirect it. Start trying to move it a little bit earlier, and just try to make it flow around you, you may even try pulling it towards you a little.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 09:52 PM
[Kitch]

Riace shakes her head. "Just arrived yesterday. I'm waiting for a member here to be free." She's overdressed compared to Butler, normal compared to anyone else.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:57 PM
[Kitchen]

"I'm actually a vegeteranian member sir, ma'am. I could probably help you ma'am." :smallsmile:

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:58 PM
Kitchen

The big man smiles, sitting down. "Welcome aboard, then. If anyone needs help, I will be around." That comment is directed at both of the new arrivals.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 09:58 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine giggles.

"Vegeterianian?"

Wait til Prae hears Ermine isn't here to join. Just mooch and smooch. Like a pirate. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:01 PM
The ball begins to move to the side, but not quickly enough, and it bounces off of Kris's shoulder.

Almost. I think you are still trying to stop it before you redirect it. Start trying to move it a little bit earlier, and just try to make it flow around you, you may even try pulling it towards you a little.

"Oh..." Kris grins. "I think I've got it..."

She readies herself for the next one, holding out one hand, keeping her eyes on the ball, she will start directing it the moment it starts to come towards her, moving it to the side well in advance of where she is, slightly slowing its momentum, just enough so that as she causes its arc to curve, she can direct it to go around her like an orbiting planet.

She knows now what she has to do...and she's fairly good at figuring out the rest when she has the muscle memory.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:04 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine giggles.

"Vegeterianian?"

[Kitche]

"I think he means he's been here a long time." Riace adds, smiling at Butler. "Thank you, Butler, sir. I'll ask you if I need any help."

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:06 PM
[Kitchen]

"That is what it means ma'ams." :smallsmile:
Riace was smart!
Everyone here practically mooches as it is. It's a wonder foreclosure hasn't happened on this place.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 10:07 PM
[Kitchen]

"Ah. Like veteran. Dat makes sense."

Ermine munches on her sammich some more. Munchmunch.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:10 PM
[Kitchen] There you are, Rot.

"Do you have a pirate ship, and a crew, Ermine?" Riace starts nomming Butler's sandwich while waiting for an answer.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 10:12 PM
[Kitchen] Tag is delighted its tag buddy is back! Tag party!

"Eh? Used te. But ah left dat behind me. Ain't no room in me life fer a bloody batch o' mutineers an' some debt collectors."

Ermine looks down at her sammich. The woman notes a sever lack of rum to go with it. How depressing.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 10:17 PM
The ball floats in a gentle arc around Kris, and then back toward Rae, where it stops.

Very good! Now let's try two.

Two of the balls begin floating toward Kris, one on either side of her.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:17 PM
[Kitchen]

Butler hands Ermine rum. What? He drinks Nuka-Cola every hour, why should he suspect any less of Ermine's drink of choice?

He deadtimes though to reduce character load.

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 10:19 PM
[Kitchen] *party*

Ermine's eyes light up with delight.

"Rum!"

The woman takes a large swig of it. Ahh... Dat's da stuff...

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:24 PM
The ball floats in a gentle arc around Kris, and then back toward Rae, where it stops.

Very good! Now let's try two.

Two of the balls begin floating toward Kris, one on either side of her.

"Heh...I think I..OH!"

Suddenly she has to contend with two balls, and tries the same technique with both her hands.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:25 PM
[Kitchen Tag Party] * party *

Riace sticks to her sandwich. "One would think you'd get some bottles of your own."

VampireRot
2010-10-18, 10:27 PM
[Kitchen Tag Party]

"Nay. Ah tried dat once. Wound up carryin' round a whole bunch'a empty bottles."

Ermine chortles and drinks some more.

((Deadtime for sleeping. :smallfrown:))

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:30 PM
[Kitchen Party]

"You let them go afterward, silly." Riace laughs, and goes to rejoin to the regular time-stream. She may be back in some future.

((Goodnight.))

ApeofLight
2010-10-18, 10:31 PM
Garth. Outside. Practicing his swordsmanship.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 10:33 PM
One of the balls floats in an arc around Kris, but the other bounces off of her chest as it floats in the same direction.

This one is a little tougher, Kris, as you have to keep the two flows entirely separate. It helps to start movig them at different times.

The balls float toward Kris again.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 10:39 PM
In the Infirmary...Quinn goes to check on the poor little sparrow!

-----

"Huh...so I couldn't do it then?" Kris frowned just a little. That was unfortunate...she had always wanted to figure out a way for her to fly.

<.<; Don't tell anyone that or it will embarrass her tremendously.

Awwww...

"I dunno if Ki stuff will make it work," Jamie says apologetically. "And I wouldn't want to break it trying, y'know?"

-----

Quinn looks up at Karen and Susan.
"I found her. Let's go."

...and she goes to lead the way to find Claire, to Outside!

WarKitty
2010-10-18, 10:46 PM

Sparrow seems to be doing quite well, if a bit worn out.

((Is Quinn going to trace the homing device at all? I'm a bit lost in the different characters))

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:49 PM
One of the balls floats in an arc around Kris, but the other bounces off of her chest as it floats in the same direction.

This one is a little tougher, Kris, as you have to keep the two flows entirely separate. It helps to start movig them at different times.

The balls float toward Kris again.

"Gah" Kris winces a bit as the ball deflects off her chest, but stays steadfast as she readies herself for the next set.

She focuses her energy separetely, carefully guilding both denim balls as they come towards her, one slightly sooner than the other, honing her long-trained ability to control Ki flow into her Denimancy training.

Kris will be there with Jamie, and I sure hope the poor thing is doing better today.

We never did follow up on where it came from, did we?"

Awwww...

"I dunno if Ki stuff will make it work," Jamie says apologetically. "And I wouldn't want to break it trying, y'know?"

"It probably wouldn't work." Kris shrugged. "Ki energy is energy of the body, and I'm not ane expert, but I think yours is energy of the spirit. I don't think the two are compatible at all."

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 10:51 PM
"Yeah." Jamie nods. "Maybe I'll get one for you sometime though! That would be great!" she says, grinning.

---

((Quinn hasn't yet, but probably will. :smallsmile:))

Quinn puts out a tray of birdseed and water for the sparrow, and nods to Kris. "Yeah, we probably should, if somebody's going around catching poor birds and doing that to them."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:06 PM
"Yeah." Jamie nods. "Maybe I'll get one for you sometime though! That would be great!" she says, grinning.

"Heh...maybe if it runs on this Denim stuff." Kris grins, gesturing to her jacket. "That guy Rae says that I have some sort of connection to it. So maybe that'll help?"

((Quinn hasn't yet, but probably will. :smallsmile:))

Quinn puts out a tray of birdseed and water for the sparrow, and nods to Kris. "Yeah, we probably should, if somebody's going around catching poor birds and doing that to them."

"Mm...how are we going to find that out though?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 11:07 PM
"Gah" Kris winces a bit as the ball deflects off her chest, but stays steadfast as she readies herself for the next set.

She focuses her energy separetely, carefully guilding both denim balls as they come towards her, one slightly sooner than the other, honing her long-trained ability to control Ki flow into her Denimancy training.

The balls both start in an arc around Kris, but when they are behind her, they collide and start moving in opposte directions. Rae motions with his hands, and both balls float quickly back to him.

Very close, Kris, but you must always make sure, when working with objects moving in opposte directions, to give them separate orbits. This time they bounced away, but the next time they may not.

The balls float toward Kris, once more.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:19 PM
The balls both start in an arc around Kris, but when they are behind her, they collide and start moving in opposte directions. Rae motions with his hands, and both balls float quickly back to him.

Very close, Kris, but you must always make sure, when working with objects moving in opposte directions, to give them separate orbits. This time they bounced away, but the next time they may not.

The balls float toward Kris, once more.

"I think I'm actually getting the hang of it, Rae." Kris grins, now trying to give them both opposing orbits around herself.

She's actually starting to have a bit of fun with this, in fact. :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:19 PM
"Heh...maybe if it runs on this Denim stuff." Kris grins, gesturing to her jacket. "That guy Rae says that I have some sort of connection to it. So maybe that'll help?"

"...I doubt it runs on blue jeans," Jamie says, giggling happily. "But maybe, you never know!"

---

"Mm...how are we going to find that out though?"

"Well, we could try looking for that place where the note said it was from," Quinn says, motioning to the sparrow's tracking device.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:24 PM
"...I doubt it runs on blue jeans," Jamie says, giggling happily. "But maybe, you never know!"

"I sure don't know. I don't even know what this stuff is made out of!"

What exactly is it made out of anyway? Is there a denim tree somewhere in the world?

"But I do like the style it gives me...what do you think, Jamie?"

Kris strikes a pose with her back to Jamie, legs spread apart and hands on her hips. Then she gives Jamie a thumbs up, in a classic "Cool guy" pose.

"Well, we could try looking for that place where the note said it was from," Quinn says, motioning to the sparrow's tracking device.

"Hmm...maybe...Do you think we can handle it on our own?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 11:33 PM
"I think I'm actually getting the hang of it, Rae." Kris grins, now trying to give them both opposing orbits around herself.

She's actually starting to have a bit of fun with this, in fact. :smallsmile:

((Opposing orbits are what you don't want, Trobs))

The balls float around Kris, at different elevations, missing each other and floating back toward Rae.

You are picking up on it faster than I did. Now it's time for three though, and this one's the toughest

All three balls float toward Kris, with the third right in the middle of the other two.

((Oh, and denim is just cotton woven in a special way))

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:42 PM
Jamie grins at Kris, giggling, and returning the thumbs-up.
"I think you look pretty cool. Not my style, but pretty cool anyway!"

---

"Do you mean with me...or you and Jamie?" Quinn asks Kris, raising an eyebrow.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:46 PM
[Infirmary]

"Heh...thanks, Jamie. It's not my usual style, but I think it's starting to grow on me."

--------------------

"Jamie?" Kris raises a brow. "Ah...no, I didn't mean that...I know she and I have been pretty close lately, but I know better that to take a child out somewhere when it could be incredibly dangerous."

((Opposing orbits are what you don't want, Trobs))

The balls float around Kris, at different elevations, missing each other and floating back toward Rae.

You are picking up on it faster than I did. Now it's time for three though, and this one's the toughest

All three balls float toward Kris, with the third right in the middle of the other two.

((Oh, and denim is just cotton woven in a special way))

*The more you know rainbow flies by*

Unfortunately, Kris is not quite prepared for three Denim balls at once...in fact, she manages to make two of them start to go around her, while the other hits her square in the face, causing her to reel back as it smacks her in the head.

"Gah...that's...that's very difficult."

((Gonna DT Kris for the night. See you guys tomorrow.))

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:49 PM
[Infirmary]

"...knowing her, she'll sneak along after us anyway," Quinn says with a wry smile. "But yeah, I suspect we can handle it."

---

[Outside]

"Grow on you? You mean like a fungus?" Jamie asks, wide-eyed!
...and giggling. :smalltongue:

WarKitty
2010-10-18, 11:58 PM
((The tracking device will lead to a blatantly obvious secret fortress in the cliffs of outside.))

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 11:59 PM
Rae laughs, and makes all three balls come back to him.

That happened to me too. Just think about this though, you are already using both hands to direct these, so you really only have two options. You either use something else to direct it, or you control two balls with one hand.

The balls float toward Kris.

((And deadtiming Rae, as I have to be awake in five hours ))

horngeek
2010-10-19, 04:52 AM
Rose, meanwhile, is up and just walking around GLoG.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-19, 10:20 AM
Riv stalks into camp, bleeding black ooze and holding a bloody knife. Where is he?

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 01:08 PM
Quinn starts gathering things, in the Infirmary.

Morty
2010-10-19, 01:25 PM
Reelshka is still looking for someone to introduce her niece to.

Reelshka continues looking.

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 01:31 PM
She'll probably see Quinn, who's heading from the Infirmary to the Main Building.

Who spots Reelshka +1, and waves.

Morty
2010-10-19, 01:43 PM
Reelshka waves back, smiling, and leads her little niece to Quinn. Hello, Mrs. Druid. I don't know if you've heard, but my sister left her little daugher in our care... she motions to the goblin girl. Her name's Brinika.
Hello, says Brinika shyly. She's a small - very small in fact, probably almost half as small as, say, Jaime - goblin girl with light grey skin, brown hair tied into two braids, large floppy ears, big orange eyes and little pointy fangs. She's dressed in a simple, dark green dress and is holding a plushie molerat tightly.

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 01:44 PM
"Why, I didn't know that. That's wonderful." Quinn smiles brightly at the two of them. "Hello, Brinika, and welcome. Are you enjoying things here so far?" she asks, leaning down so as not to tower over the little girl.

Morty
2010-10-19, 01:51 PM
It's so big, says Brimika uncertainly. And open. Aunt Reelshka said there are other children here.
Reelshka nods. Yes, well, I thought she'd definetly want to meet Jaime and other children. I think she ought to live with me in the cellar, at least for now.

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 01:52 PM
[Kitchen]

Ermine smirks.

"Let's jus' say dat around me, dere ain't no such ting as a full bottle o' booze."

Look. She's drinking again. Is this surprising? :smallconfused:

*Is confuzled by time-stream joining. Is she gone?*

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 02:03 PM
"It takes some getting used to, doesn't it? Don't worry though, you're safe here, and I know Jamie will love to meet you."

Quinn smiles, then nods to Reelshka. "I'll round up Jamie soon so they can meet. And, that's probably a good idea."

Morty
2010-10-19, 02:05 PM
Reelshka nods. Thanks. Come Brimika. Let's get you settled in my cellar and then you'll go meet your new friends. Brimika nods, says: Thanks, Mrs. Druid, and follows her aunt.

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 02:17 PM
Quinn smiles and waves as they head off, then resumes heading to the Main Lodge to get the things she needs to take out Dr. Moreau.

As her player prepares to scurry off for a bit.

Recaiden
2010-10-19, 02:18 PM
((Yep, she's gone. Maybe a plot clone-d show up somewhere, but not now.))

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 02:23 PM
[Kitchen]

In that case, Ermine is confused by Riace's sudden disappearance.

"Huh. Could've shwarn dere wash shome'un there a shecond ago."

She looks into her bottle of rum and scowls.

"Why'sh the rum alwaysh gone?"

The woman takes a step in a random direction more booze might be in, but sways a bit.

"Oh. Right. That'sh why."