PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is Going On!?

Prince_Selm
2010-10-17, 09:27 PM
(The name isn't eloquent, but it's appropriate. I promise.)

The last thing you all remember is blinding white light.

As you may imagine, being blinded by light for no apparent reason is certainly a bizarre event. Luckily for your collective sanities, it was immediantly followed by waking up. Still, context-less light is a rather odd dream to have...

But I digress. Today should be an excellent day for one and all, seeing as it is the first day of the Festival of Caelyn, in the bustling Castle-Town of Sinclair! The first page of our tale shall introduce us to three heroes who might actually get around to doing something!!! Let's meet them now:

Sollya, a local paladin awoke from his dream to routine, polishing his armor and praying to his deity. Finishing with that, he decided to set out for some fun, seeing as the dignitary who he was hired by wasn't due to arrive until the second day of the festival.

Elisen, a traveling mage, awoke inside the cheapest inn in town, the Dragon's Dungheap. Let's just say that you get what you pay for. The only reason she'd even CONSIDER doing something like this was because the Festival of Caelyn is legendary for the amount of powerful people and objects that it attracts, things Elisen desperately wants to see.

Finally, we have Karasu, a weathered alchemist. Karasu awoke several hours ago, despite the whiteness being the most reassuring thing he had ever seen in his sleep. He was staying in Kerris, a small town about an hour away from Sinclair, and not being the type to waste any time, set out right then and there. He is currently approaching the gates.

Rizeska
2010-10-17, 09:55 PM
Elisen rolled out of the unpleasantly-fragranced sheets, still feeling groggy and achy from the lumpy mattress. Looking under the bed, she confirmed that her belongings were still there, and proceeded to take out her spell-book. It was plain but serviceable, bound in brown leather. She flipped through the slightly weathered pages to decide on her spells for the day.

After a few minutes, she decided on Mage Hand, Dancing Lights, and Detect Magic as her Cantrips, and Charm Person and Gravity Bow as her first level spells.

As her stomach rumbled, she decided that the first order of business for the day was getting breakfast at the Festival; she was planning to avoid choking down whatever gruel was being served at this dump.

She gathered all her worldly possessions, and equipped them. Though there was a risk of pick-pockets, she felt more secure knowing she could up and leave town on a second's notice. Besides, she had dealt with thieves before, and came off all the better for it.

Elisen exited her cramped room and headed downstairs.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 11:38 PM
Karasu yawned as he walked towards the gates to Sinclair, he had heard this place was a good place to travel to, especially this time of year. He was tired, he hadn't slept very well the night before, and was carrying only his mutagen and a pair of extracts, one for offense, one for defense. The Festival was an added bonus, something he had not heard about until recently.

Sillycomic
2010-10-18, 03:34 AM
Sollya had wanted to wake up early for the festival, but wanting to do something and actually doing it were too different things. Still, even after his morning rituals he felt he was getting a good head start on the day.

He wouldn't be there early enough for people to be setting things up, but it was still early so there wouldn't be long lines to different booths. He hoped not at least.

So Sollya excused himself through the crowd, making his way to the festival entrance. He knew he had to make some sort of plan inside this great place, otherwise he would get lost like some wandering child who oogles at anything shiny.

"So, what is first," He says to himself.

First he just wanted to look around and see if anything caught his eye, hopefully he could tell his benefactor where the good food and activities are. The booths of strange wares, fortune tellers, fun games, interesting foods. And what the attractions will be, feats.

He wanted to get a good feel for the festival when his dignitary arrived.

Then some breakfast when his stomach begins to grumble. That seemed like a good enough plan for now.

"Yes... that will do nicely," Sollya smiles to himself as he continues on.

Prince_Selm
2010-10-18, 05:38 PM
Elisen descends the creaky staircase and enters the tavern. A haggard orc stands behind the bar and, seeing you, calls out. "Welcome back, princess. You still want directions?" As you go to answer, a cacophonous clanking is heard from a back room. "Marlene! If that happens one more time, I'll have your head!!!", the orc screams at what you infer was the source of the clang. "Bah, I still hate those bloody- Nevermind. The Mages' District can be reached by heading down this street and turning left at the fountain. If you need anything else, hire someone."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Karasu arrives at the town gates, he is behind some kind of merchant (evidenced by his covered wagon) who is conversing with the guards.
"And you're delivering ingredients for a festival chef?"
"Indeed, that's it! Can I pass through now!?"
"Uh... Sure. Right, Karrin?"
"Yes, Patton."
As the merchant enters the gates, the guards turn to you.
"State your name and purpose!" Patton instructs while Karrin seems to sigh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sollya had perhaps the hardest job of all! A real one. Knowing the festival was a key aspect in teaching it to others. He decided to check out Market Square last, since that's where most of the food vendors are located. That still leaves the Arena, where most of the entertainment is located, the Fountain, where most people relax and enjoy various local storytellers, (the fountain is a giant statue of the cities founder, after all.) and the Mages' District, where magicians from all over the globe collect in a sort of Cosmic-Con. Of course, having so many friends, you could always try to find one of them, or go someplace else as well!

Rizeska
2010-10-18, 06:13 PM
"Hn. Thanks," Elisen says. She isn't about to get involved in the innkeeper's troubles, so she ignores the noises. "I'll try to be back when it gets dark, keep my room empty, please," she adds, not overly optimistic that her request will be granted. Still, she already paid for the room for tonight as well, so it couldn't hurt to ask.

She headed out the door, and towards the Mage's District, hoping to find a food vendor along the way.

Sillycomic
2010-10-18, 07:11 PM
Sollya will go into the Market Square. His old Halfling friend, Garadin, has a booth set up there somewhere. Garadin will know something about the festival so far, and some places to check out.

He wanders through the Market, looking for a recognizable Halfling, or a recognizable booth where he would be selling his “unique” foods. His stomach growls each time he passes by a booth that has an aroma of baking bread or basting meats.

“Have you seen a rather enthusiastic Halfling named Garadin, selling strange breakfasts?” He will ask people from time to time, anyone who looks more knowledable than him about the Market Square.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-18, 09:09 PM
Karasu looks at the guard, eyes half-lidded, "Karasu Koutetsu, wandering alchemist *Yawn*. I'm here for the festival and the Mage's District. *Yawn* And to find an apothecary with something to help me sleep."

Prince_Selm
2010-10-23, 09:12 PM
Karasu-
"I don't know, you look pretty suspicious..."
"Patton! You said the same thing about the last twelve people! Even the old lady!"
"She was carrying a bomb!"
"It was a cat!"
The two bicker for another moment, then all falls silent.
"Just go." Karrin says irritatedly addressing Karasu.
The way is clear for him. He can locate any reasonable noun by asking around.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Sollva travels through the market, a little bit of everything hits him. He sees children at play, unusual animals, strange trinkets (though they usually end up in the Mage's District), and, of course, food. After a bit of observing, he finally hears a familiar halfling voice from one of the stands, and it doesn't sound too happy.
"Hey! Sollya! Glad to see you up and about! You won't believe what happened to me. I had a shipment of ingredients that were supposed to be delivered, you know, the "less common" stuff. But they sent me the wrong box! I opened it up and all there was were these fancy trinkets!"
He holds one out. It appears to be a medallion made of silver or mitheral, and there is a large, blue gem in the center. The trinket looks extremely well made and is easily worth more by itself than whatever he could've ordered.
"I mean, yeah, they look pretty, but you can't broil them!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elisen started down the road that was given to her, wishing that she had the forethought to stay in a hellhole on the side of town CLOSEST to all of the magic. Still, if she could get her hands on something powerful, the entire trip would be worthwhile. As she was finishing her internal mop-a-logue, she found herself near the Fountain.
The Fountain is rather impressive. At the center lies a large statue of a warrior clad in armor, holding a large sword. Surrounding it are four smaller statues, but time has not been kind to them. They were probably humanoids... Continuing, the ground appears to be some sort of mozaic, but it's too hard to see exactly what it is without flying. Maybe some other time.

As she takes in all the sights, Elisen suddenly feels odd, like she's being watched. Looking around, she spies a man who appears to be staring right at her. It's unclear if he knows she's watching.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-23, 09:27 PM
Karasu yawns again, then walks through the gateway. He walks a ways then asks around for directions to any apothecaries in the Mage's District.

Rizeska
2010-10-23, 09:33 PM
Her first thought is to put up a mental barrier. A brick wall is a nice mental image. After all, one can never know when magic is being cast... unless they thought ahead like Elisen and prepared detect magic this morning!

She muttered the verbal components, and awkwardly worked the somatic component into a stretching motion.

PaladinChris
2010-10-24, 01:12 AM
Zane was still trying to clear his head from that strange light this morning. After waking up late, as usual, he had wandered around town until he had arrived at the fountain. There, he had noticed an intriguing young lady, definitely a tourist or someone in town for the festival. Perhaps she could help...

Putting on his most charming smile, Zane walked up to the now stretching lady. "Hi. I'm Zane Blueyes, heartbreaker. I wounder if you could do me a favor?"

Sillycomic
2010-10-24, 02:44 PM
Sollya shakes his young friends hand enthusiastically when they meet. This is a big festival, and he didn't think he would ever meet anyone he knew. It was good to have a friend here. Now he could have some breakfast.

"These look like medals of some kind," He eyes one carefully and then picks up another inside the box.

"Old friend, do you mind if I take these and try to find out who they belong to? I can also track down your own shipment of... less common ingrediants and get them back for you. First things first, do you know who delivered them to you?"

Prince_Selm
2010-10-26, 08:22 PM
The awkward spell led to disapointing results for Elisen. The man had traces of magic on him, but no more than average for an adventurer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karasu is directed to a shop that looks fairly reputable. As he enters, he sees various bottles and materials that are indicative of a thriving potion shop. The shopkeeper, an older man, catches his eye when he walks in. Karasu explains his desire for a sleeping draught.
"Well, I'm sure I've got something in the back. I make a lot of things, after all."
The owner leaves and comes back with a vial. There is a label that is faded, but seems to have three "Z"'s on it.
"I actually had one made. It'll last you three nights, if you dose it correctly.

Anything else while you're here?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It was some fellow in a uniform. Dark... But I'm not sure what color. Some kind of black or blue..."
He pauses.
"Come to think of it, he looked kinda scary. Big and intimidating. 'Course, everyone's big compared to me."
He smiles. You know that this is not a good thing for you.
"I'll tell you what. We'll turn it into a game."
He fishes out some paper and a quill.
"Here's a list of what I was supposed to get. Normal store's won't have them. I've checked. Bring back every one and you can have the box. In the meantime, you can hold onto two. In case you need them.

Interested?"
He appears to want your answer before giving you the list.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-26, 08:39 PM
"The sleep draught is my main *yawn* concern. Unless you have anything *yawn* on mutagens i'll pay for this and be on my way."

Sillycomic
2010-10-27, 02:02 PM
Sollya gives his friend a smile, “Anything to help you out Garadin. I want to see you have the best food here at the festival.”

He can actually take care of three problems here at once. He can find out who the medals belong to, help his Halfling friend get the needed ingrediants, and see more of the festival at the same time. Things could not have lined up this well if he had planned it himself.

“I will have your list back here as soon as possible,” His promise is his bond, and Sollya has yet to break any promise he makes.

Prince_Selm
2010-10-30, 05:54 PM
(Was waiting for Rizeska, but screw it.)

The alchemist shrugs.
"Can't help you there. You might want to try the Mage's District. There are some kooky types out there." He pauses. "Or beat Kamila! Sorry, just my idea of a joke."
Unless something is said or done, he charges you a nominal fee and sends you on your way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfect!" This halfling likes games a little too much in your opinion.
"Well, best of luck. You know a lot about the town too."
The list is as follows:
Red Dragon Gizzard
Gryphon Tailfeather
Troll Thumb (In Hot Wax!!!)
Otuguh Suction Cup
Doom Potion (TREATED!!!!!!!)

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-30, 06:48 PM
"Kamila?" he asks, then shrugs and yawns, "So how much do i owe you?"

Sillycomic
2010-10-30, 09:26 PM
"I will see what I can do. Keep that box safe until my return. Solly good luck with the festival!"

Sollya leaves with the list in his hand, and a particularly happy step. There are days when he tolerates the halfling games more than others. This particular day had too many possibilities for him to get frustrated with a simple game.

The list would not be easy to gather though. The list of ingredients didn't ease his stomache any, the fact that Garadin used these things to make such delicious dishes didn't really make any sense to the paladin.

The best place to look for these kinds of ingredients would probably be the mage district. These looked like spell ingredients more than recipe ingredients. So, Sollya would start there.

Sollya goes to the mage district and starts asking around for the best ingredient shop to gather more obscure items.

Using some Diplomacy, which is Pathfinder's Gather Information. I imagine an ingredient shop will have some of these things, and tell me where to find the others.

[roll0]

Prince_Selm
2010-11-01, 08:58 PM
"Sorry, it's just my idea of a joke." The alchemist says. "You must be a traveler, correct? Well, there's a competition every year on the second day of the festival. A group calling themselves the Knights of Kamila has won for the last three years. I brought it up because the winner gets whatever he wants. I mean ANYTHING..." He sighs and takes a breath. "Eh, it was just lying around. Plus, it's liable to sit around forever if you didn't come along. You can just take it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next shopkeep is rather perplexed.
"Well, we've got the gizzard, it's fairly common, but I'm confused about these other things!
The tailfeather can probably be found at the Menagere, and the suction cup at a specialty shop (I'll point you in the right direction later...)."
He stops for a moment.
"A Troll thumb prepared as such? Good luck, and the Potion?

Well, I hope you have friends in low places."

Sillycomic
2010-11-01, 09:38 PM
Sollya thanks the shopkeeper for even looking at his list. He doesn't quite like the answer, but at least it's a start.

"I'll take a gizzard," He says. That is one part of the list down, and then two more he at least knows where to find them.

A troll thumb. Where would he get a troll thumb? Perhaps he would need to go out and find a troll and take off its thumb? If he even thought of doing that, he would need to get some companions to help with such a quest.

"I don't think I do have any friends in such places where troll thumbs exist. I was hoping to come across some strange magic potions shop and have most of the list taken care of. Thank you for being as helpful as you can."

He will make sure to pay for the gizzard, plus some extra for the information.

"Do you even know what a doom potion is?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-01, 09:47 PM
Karasu looks at the shopkeeper, "I didn't know about any competition. Is it for alchemists? If so i may just join. And thanks for the potion, i've not had a good night's sleep in years."

Prince_Selm
2010-11-06, 06:37 PM
The alchemist looks back at Karasu.
"It's open to everyone. It usually takes the form of a fighting competition, but there have been scavenger hunts, art competitions, battle reenactments, etcetera...."
He looks back and forth, shiftily.
"Keep this to yourself, but I know a guy on the commitee. The commpetition won't be announced until tomorrow, but you could probably find out from him. His name is Harold and he owns a tailor shop over by the fountain."
With that, he continues taking inventory of his bottles.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the lady returns from a stockroom with the gizzard, she hesitates with Sollva's question.
"Well, I'm no wizard myself, but I've picked up a few things. A Doom Potion is a powerful mixture that exposes the drinker to a powerful curse. It's also the trademark of the Intersect..."
At the mention of the word, you seem to remember something about that. The Intersect is one of the shadowy groups in Sinclair. It's rumored that they kill a few people each year during the festival. The scary part is that they don't just end up dead, they suddenly go insane before disappearing, forever. A shudder runs down your spine. Why would your friend want anything like this?
"Anyway" the shopkeep continues, "My boyfriend salvages dead monsters from the Arena. He'll probably have the cup."
The woman smiles at Zane suggestively.
"Only if you'll do me one..."
She then pushes him into the fountain.
As Zane stands up, trying to dry off, an older gentleman approaches him.
"Oh my goodness, that was horrible! I own a clothing store just over here, if you want, you can dry off, get a clean change of clothes, no charge!"
The man looks sincere.

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-06, 06:59 PM
Karasu nods, thanking the alchemist between yawns then goes to find the shop in question.

Sillycomic
2010-11-07, 03:08 PM
Sollya tries to shake himself from the disturbing thoughts of this doom potion. He would have to talk to Garadin about this one ingredient. Sollya was a man of his word, but at the same time he didn't want to compromise his own moral just so his halfling friend could make some delicious barbecue.

"The Otuguh cup? Sounds great. Where is your boyfriend then?"

PaladinChris
2010-11-07, 04:51 PM
While Zane could simply use magic to dry himself, he decides instead to go with the shop owner. Who doesn't like new clothes?
Climbing out of the fountain, Zane follows the man, his shoes slopping against the ground with each step.

Prince_Selm
2010-11-08, 04:40 PM
The man leads Zane to a small shop. Inside are a variety of styles of clothing. He offers you your pick and directs you to a storeroom to change.
(Choose any outfit without a mechanical benefit. You get it for free.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He'll be around the Arena. Ask for Marandithis."
She says before tending to another customer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the store with easy, Karasu encounters an older gentleman inside a shop full of clothes.
"Yes, can I help you?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-08, 05:28 PM
"I was directed here for a *yawn* competition entry, Kamilla if i remember *yawn* correctly," he says. "I was told you were part of the commitee. I just would like to know what the competition actually is before i enter."

Sillycomic
2010-11-08, 05:34 PM
Sollya makes his way to the arena. He stops here and there to look at different events, and see if anything peaks his interest.

The Arena is a lively enough place with the festival here. He makes a note of what is going on today and tomorrow at the event. Perhaps his employer will enjoy watching a bloody sport.

Oh, even better, what if there's a troll fight? He could lop off a toe once its all said and done.

He begins searching for a man named Marandithis, who has another listed ingredient for him.

another diplomancy, if it's needed. [roll0]

PaladinChris
2010-11-09, 11:30 PM
Zane peruses the outfits for sometime, trying on a large number, until settling on a flashy red shirt, black pants, matching cape, and a wide brimmed hat. Thanking the shopkeeper profusely, he says he will recommend this store to everyone he knows.
Before he leaves, he turns to ask the shopkeeper a question.
"Where would one find a suitable crowd to be entertained by someone in such a nice, new outfit?"

Zane has selected another entertainer's outfit

Prince_Selm
2010-11-16, 09:55 PM
The man gives a quizical look to Karasu.
"Kamila? The champions? I'm afraid that I don't have any relationship to the team itself. If you want, you could always ask around. They're all over the festival... As far as the events of the competition, I'm not supposed to say anything. I could get fired! You'll have to do a better job of asking."
Checking the arena postings, you find a wide variety of names and competitions, from full-on duels to sporting events. A couple names seem vaguely familiar, but nothing that really catches your interest. There are no postings for tomorrow. That probably means that they need the arena for the competition.

Continuing, he finds ample directions to the man named Marandithis. Following them, he encounters a young man in his mid twenties examining some sort of abberation, fresh from the pits. He is covered in bizarre crystals and trinkets. Seeing your approach, he addresses you.
"Good Afternoon. May I be of assistance?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zane, Zane, Zane... You get the best post of all!

After selecting a suitably fabulous outfit, you step into the back room mentioned to change. As you remove your shirt, you realize something. There's some sort of bizarre mark on your chest! You've never seen this before, and its making you rather distraught. It appears to be some sort of glyph, the symbol unrecognizable to you.

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-16, 10:17 PM
Karasu shrugs and turns away, a smirk on his face, "If you don't want to say anything that's *yawn* fine, but 300 gold is a lot of money," he says, pulling out a bag of coins.

No bluffing, he sucks at it and won't lie.

Sillycomic
2010-11-17, 03:52 AM
Sollya shakes the man's hand vigorously and has a warm smile.

"Hello, my name is Sollya. I am on a bit of a scavenger hunt at the moment... and I was told by your girlfriend that you could help me locate an Otuguh Suction Cup?"

Sollya hands over the list for Marandithis to see.

"So far I have the gizzard. I was hoping you could tell me where I might find a troll thumb... or gryphon feather. I don't even know where to start looking for a doom potion. From what I was told about it... I don't think I want to know."

PaladinChris
2010-11-17, 07:02 PM
"AHHH!! OH MY GODS!" Zane screamed. "My beautiful body, this loving gift to women everwhere is corrupted! It doesn't even look like a cool tattoo or wicked scar." Zane breaks down into tears in the back room, falling into a pile of clothes. He covers his eyes to avoid looking at the disfiguring mark.
"Wha...what the hell is going on?" he sobs uncontrollably into his arms.

Prince_Selm
2010-11-17, 08:47 PM
(I'm assuming by no bluff, you mean that he intends to follow through.)
The shopkeep eyes Karasu curiously.
"Indeed." he says, taking the bag.
"I don't know everything, but the competition is designed to recreate the events surrounding the founding of Sinclair. Ask any bard the tale. As far as the challenges, there will be a preliminary competition of a scavenger hunt of sorts. I don't know what needs to be found though. Apparently something valuble. I heard the others mentioning some sort of security of them.

The finalists will then be broken up into Hero and Villain teams, who will plo-"
a bloodcurdling scream interrupts you, as the shopkeep turns to the source, inside his shop. He moves to a closet and opens it.
"What the hell is-" The tailor asks, unable to get a word in edgewise.
Marandithis reads down the list and looks back up with a grin.
"This is a pretty interesting selection of items. Ordinarily, I'd ask what they're for, but it's pretty obvious." He adds, winking at Sollva.
"Anyway, between the two of us, I think we could find most of these things within the hour.

But first, you have to show me what you are capable of."
He takes out a slip of paper and writes something on it.
"Bring this to the Arena desk. Ask for Foller. He'll set you up right away with a good fight. Bring back your prize and I'll make it worth your while."
He folds the note in half cleanly and hands it out.

Sillycomic
2010-11-17, 09:17 PM
Sollya nods. Sounds like an easy trade off for what Marandithis is asking. At least this deals with something that he knows how to do. Searching for random ingredients seems complicated, but fighting random monsters?

Piece of cake.

He takes the note, "Until I return. Thank you."

With a broad smile he walks up to the Arena desk.

"Foller please."

He looks at the folded note in his hand.

"I hope it's not too much of a challenge..."

Prince_Selm
2010-11-20, 09:56 PM
A tough-looking man comes and takes the note, unfolding it and looking back at Sollva.

"Ah, pretty brave, huh? Well, if HE sent you here, I don't see why not. Report to the door across the hall when you're ready."

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-20, 10:39 PM
"Thanks for the info," Karasu says yawning. Walking out of the shop his eyes lght up with a fire that has chased off his sleepiness for the moment, he lived to prove his alchemy, and this was a way to do so. He started looking around the town, for anyone that may know about the founding of Sinclair, storytellers, historians, librarians, anyone he could find.

Sillycomic
2010-11-22, 12:40 AM
Sollya nods and makes his way out of the office.

He has to admit, he's never been in an arena fight before. Most of his fights came from actual adventures in random dungeons.

"Well, it can't be too hard, can it?"

He eases up his shoulders before he goes in through the door across the hall.

He has his armor and his weapon. He doesn't really need much else.

"I'm supposed to report here for a match," Sollya says.

Prince_Selm
2010-11-25, 09:41 PM
(Slowed down posting rate for Zane. Sorry guys.)

Sollya enters into an arena opposite three fighters. They are dressed in clothes befitting an adventurer, such as yourself. All of them wear masks that seem vaguely familiar to you, but you just can't place them.
One holds two swords on his belt, and is dressed in light armor; another carries sword and shield with heavy plate and the final wears neither armor nor carries a weapon.

There seems to be a large crowd. Much larger than you would expect for a simple pick-up match. Roll for initiative.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Karasu exits, he sees at least three obvious storytellers telling the story of Sinclair's founding. He quietly inserts his way into the crowd by one of them.

"Long ago, before the modern age, This Wonderful Kingdom was a loose collection of villages under no substansive rule. It was a simple life, but a pleasant one. Then, so the legend goes, a hole opened in the sky and a Great Beast came forth! A gargantuan Demon from another world! The beast gave a roar of triumph that was heard for miles away. It began to attack, laying waste to the area. The people gathered inside a central city, awaiting their own destruction. On the eve of this attack, however, four great warriors appeared. They created an Engine of Victory and pushed back the monster!

Then, the heroes left as quickly as they came, except one, who stayed to become the first king of Sinclair. His name was Caelyn."

Sillycomic
2010-11-25, 11:21 PM
Three opponents? Sollya raises a brow as he looks at his opponents. He thought he would be fighting some sort of odd monsters. Three on one? Did these people think he was some incredible fighter?

Readjusting his armor, Sollya flashes a daring smile at the large crowd and waves to a few of the pretty maidens watching.

"Don't worry... this won't take long."

He takes out his falchion.

Well, one way or another this won't take very long at all.

[roll0]

Prince_Selm
2010-11-26, 11:21 AM
As you take position, the one with no weapons waves his hand in front of him and launches conjured projectiles at you!

Luckily, they bounce off your armor without damage.

The two with weapons are 20' away from you, the other one is 30.

PaladinChris
2010-11-26, 04:39 PM
Zane thinks quickly, and covers up his chest with some discarded clothes to cover his body.
"Ahh... nothing. I was just practicing my acting skills... I had you fooled! Wonderful. Thank you for the outfit"

Bluff: (1d20+3) [10]

Sillycomic
2010-11-26, 07:35 PM
"Let Torag's Hammer fall!"

Sollya charges at the man with light armor and two weapons.

charging and power attacking, so a net +1 to my attack.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]