PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:07 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Trog's is a single location that exists simultaneously in the cities of Town and Inside. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog Magtok Trog
Manager: El Jaspero Elizabeth Ml'Ruse El Jaspero
Bartenders: Memzee, Phoebe, Ashna

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:09 PM
D7 noms on the first bamhacon of the new thread. :smallamused:

Murkus
2010-10-17, 10:10 PM
Ergo peers at the nonexistent patrons of the new thread.

And envies D7 for being able to eat such a delicious thing.

Reinholdt
2010-10-17, 10:11 PM
Rae walks into the tavern with a slightly confused look on his face. He looks around, but doesn't see anyone he knows. He does however, see a woman in an awesome top hat. He walks towards her, and when he is a few steps away... he pounces!

She deadtimed and edited accordingly.

The Admiral continues playing through the night, wasting away his talents. Though I have no idea how that's a waste of his talents, myself. Aren't bards supposed to play music in taverns?

He deadtimes too.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-17, 10:13 PM
Rae is still in the middle of pouncing on Rabbi, but he looks around, sensing something... different.

And then this Rae deadtimes to wait for Rabbi.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:17 PM
*I have no idea what characters I have in here....I think it's like, Tobias and maybe occasionally that Programmer?

Well, I deadtime them anyway. <.<; **

Murska
2010-10-17, 10:18 PM
"Then what one would consider normality could still provide a measure of new to one who did not. As a naturally subjective thing it becomes more difficult to find, in a way.
I enjoy thinking this place treats itself as an 'anti-normal', of sorts."
Or those that dwell here seem determined to keep it that way, at times, it seems.

"It's only difficult to find if you're searching it in an objective fashion. For every singular case, what's normal and what is not can be defined.

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-17, 10:21 PM
"But the potential for someone, somewhere to perceive the accepted normality as abnormal, is that not an obstacle to that statement?"

Somewhere, somehow, reality adjusted slightly.
An NPC in the corner looks around.
"I thin' everythin' moved ta the right a bit..."

Murska
2010-10-17, 10:24 PM
"But the potential for someone, somewhere to perceive the accepted normality as abnormal, is that not an obstacle to that statement?"

Somewhere, somehow, reality adjusted slightly.
An NPC in the corner looks around.
"I thin' everythin' moved ta the right a bit..."

"Of course not. Not everything and, by some accounts, indeed nothing has an objective truth. And subjective truth by definition changes by the observer.

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-17, 10:29 PM
We seem to have a smart one here.
Sad how this can be a rarity as well. Feia isn't sure whether to be pleased or threatened by the prospect.
"Or sometimes with the observer, as situations change. Truth would appear to be a generally fluid concept."

Murska
2010-10-17, 10:37 PM
"To some extent. However, certain things stay rather constant. Things that are perceived by most observers as the same during most times.

Regardless, with all that there exist in the form of abilities and skills beyond explaining, I find myself hard pressed to find a really solid truth that could not somehow be compromised."

Nath's eyes seem to have lost quite a bit of their alertness and his general posture has slackened somewhat as he has started thinking during the conversation. However, he blinks and straightens up again.

"Interesting discussion to be sure. But I recall you were about to tell me of the general area aswell...?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:39 PM
Val frowns at seeing Captain Tobias' deadtime, and looks around the bar.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 10:40 PM
D7 is still sitting there, cradling a bottle of vodka.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:46 PM
Val frowns at seeing Captain Tobias' deadtime, and looks around the bar.

Awww...:smallfrown:

I could send her a plot clone? :smallsmile:

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-17, 10:49 PM
"There lies a problem, yes."

The general effect of the conversation, however, has produced an effect Feia find rather interesting.
Likely, the fellow got lost in thought. It would not be an unreasonable explanation.
Something to be remembered, perhaps.

"The general area, is a significantly more complicated thing to describe, than this tavern. For the time being, it appears to be known as the Nexus. The city, I believe is known as Inside. I do not know why. The first thing you should know, would be that these are primarily lands of Chaos. Anything can and will happen, places can and will be anywhere they seem to be needed. Or at least, that is what I have witnessed so far."

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 10:52 PM
Awww...:smallfrown:

I could send her a plot clone? :smallsmile:

Val would like that. :smallbiggrin:

...as she orders another, light drink for herself!

Murska
2010-10-17, 10:53 PM
"Is there some sort of a general authority? From what you described, I would assume that even if so, it's not particularly 'general'."

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-17, 10:57 PM
Feia stares at her glass, pondering whether to get more juice.
"I believe there is a government attempting to govern the city. To that end, I believe it simply supplies a military and defense against catastrophic events. I have not seen it perform far beyond that."

Trobby
2010-10-17, 10:59 PM
Val would like that. :smallbiggrin:

...as she orders another, light drink for herself!

That's good! :smallbiggrin:

She should probably let up though. They've already had quite a few. :smalltongue:

"Heh...what was that you were saying about your Uncle Orion, Val?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:03 PM
It is, indeed, a White Russian she ordered!

"Oh, he's pretty awesome. You know he married a brass dragon, right?" Val, deciedly tipsy, smiles at Captain Tobias. "After meeting her on an adventure."

Murska
2010-10-17, 11:05 PM
"Yet it all works. Fascinating." Nath seems to notice the rest of his drink and sips it again.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:08 PM
It is, indeed, a White Russian she ordered!

"Oh, he's pretty awesome. You know he married a brass dragon, right?" Val, deciedly tipsy, smiles at Captain Tobias. "After meeting her on an adventure."

"..."

"I would love to meet this man one day." Tobias grinned. A dragon? Really? Wow...he knew some men who liked exotic women mind you...

...Actually, Val is a little exotic herself..

Gah, she's got him blushing! clearly he has had far too many drinks.

"Heh...a'course, if he has a niece like you, he has to be a great man." He grins, ruffling her hair.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:13 PM
Val blushes at the hair-ruffling! And grins.
"Aw, thanks. He's in another reality, but maybe someday...and yeah, a brass dragon, full-blooded. They can turn into a human form, of course - you know that right?

...oh, and a secret? He's not actually my uncle. He's my great-something grandfather. We just call them Uncle Orion and Auntie Mirage since people aren't supposed to live that long nowadays where I come from."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-17, 11:17 PM
D7 is still sitting there, cradling a bottle of vodka.

Don't know if you'd want it but...

Chris undeadtimes, suddenly possessing a bunch of flyers. He looks at D7, and quirks an eyebrow. "Little young to hit the booze, aren't you?"

Oh the hypocrisy...:smalltongue:

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-17, 11:24 PM
Feia smiles and places her glass back on the table.
"I could not tell you how 'it' works, but the city hasn't completely collapsed yet, so something somewhere must be going right. This is a strange place."

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:24 PM
Val blushes at the hair-ruffling! And grins.
"Aw, thanks. He's in another reality, but maybe someday...and yeah, a brass dragon, full-blooded. They can turn into a human form, of course - you know that right?

...oh, and a secret? He's not actually my uncle. He's my great-something grandfather. We just call them Uncle Orion and Auntie Mirage since people aren't supposed to live that long nowadays where I come from."

"Oh?" Tobias grinned conspiratorily. "So you've got a bit of dragon in you as well?"

She may notice his eyebrows waggle a bit...and would almost certainly notice his tail starting to swish again.

Murska
2010-10-17, 11:26 PM
"Mm." Nath takes another sip, looking around the room. "It looks the part."

"Perhaps I'll even stay a while."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:26 PM
Don't know if you'd want it but...

Chris undeadtimes, suddenly possessing a bunch of flyers. He looks at D7, and quirks an eyebrow. "Little young to hit the booze, aren't you?"

Oh the hypocrisy...:smalltongue:

D7 glares a little. How old do you think I AM? He pauses and thinks for a moment. I mean, you're absolutely right, but nonetheless. I could be some immortal demon child, for all you know. But he's not.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-17, 11:29 PM
D7 glares a little. How old do you think I AM? He pauses and thinks for a moment. I mean, you're absolutely right, but nonetheless. I could be some immortal demon child, for all you know. But he's not.

Chris nods his head. "You could be yeah...but still. You look early teens to me." Chris holds his glass up. "But then again, back where I'm from, I'm too young to drink too. So I should just shut up." Chris downs his drink.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:35 PM
Can't hurt, can it? :smallamused: D7 downs a bit more of the stuff. Anything to ease the pain, right?

D7, you're 14. Shut up. :smallannoyed:

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:37 PM
Val grins, as she does indeed notice both the eyebrows and the tail. :smalltongue:
"Indeed I do...more so than drow, although the drow seems to be more showing," she says, twirling a strand of frosted-looking brown hair around a finger. "I do have more stamina than the average person though, and I'm good at languages..."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-17, 11:37 PM
Can't hurt, can it? :smallamused: D7 downs a bit more of the stuff. Anything to ease the pain, right?

D7, you're 14. Shut up. :smallannoyed:

Chris quirks an eyebrow. "Pain? What pain?"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:39 PM
D7 waves a hand around vaguely. You know... it's what people say to justify getting drunk.

If D7 says back in the day, I'm gonna have to break his head. :smallannoyed:

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:41 PM
Tobias insists that he absolutely did not grin when he heard the bit about having more stamina. You are making things up.

Though he does reach his had across and stroke at her cheek while she twirls her shimmering hair. And smiles at her.

"And let's not forget how beautiful you are." He added helpfully.

The Bushranger
2010-10-17, 11:49 PM
Val's dusky skin blushes a bit more at that.
"I, um...thanks." She ducks her head, and smiles. "You really think so, don't you?" she asks. Sounding almost hopeful.

Trobby
2010-10-17, 11:52 PM
Val's dusky skin blushes a bit more at that.
"I, um...thanks." She ducks her head, and smiles. "You really think so, don't you?" she asks. Sounding almost hopeful.

"..."

He wraps both of his arms around her, pulling her close, pressing her head against his chest.

Because she was just ASKING for that to happen and you know it.

"I know it to be true. You're right here, after all." He grins, stroking her hair a little. She could hear his heart beat a little faster with her pressed against him like this.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-17, 11:55 PM
D7 waves a hand around vaguely. You know... it's what people say to justify getting drunk.

If D7 says back in the day, I'm gonna have to break his head. :smallannoyed:

Chris chuckles. "Well, it's only a good excuse if you actually have pain to ease." Oh boy. He's drunker than normal. "Let me tell you something. I. Have. Pain. Okay? Trust me on this."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-17, 11:59 PM
You're not the only one, buddy. Trust me, life is nothing BUT pain... especially for me. The kid says it with a straight face. :smallyuk:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-18, 12:05 AM
You're not the only one, buddy. Trust me, life is nothing BUT pain... especially for me. The kid says it with a straight face. :smallyuk:

Chris nods his head up and down, not taking it very seriously.
"Really now? What's your story?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:05 AM
"..."

He wraps both of his arms around her, pulling her close, pressing her head against his chest.

Because she was just ASKING for that to happen and you know it.

"I know it to be true. You're right here, after all." He grins, stroking her hair a little. She could hear his heart beat a little faster with her pressed against him like this.

Val, for her part...basically melts into Captain Tobias' arms, closing her eyes as she sets down her drink, and wraps her arms around him, relaxing.
"Never thought I'd hear that again," she whispers.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 12:11 AM
Upon hearing this, the man formerly known as Prince breaks out laughing. Kid, you are so wrong I can't even describe it. I have lived over a hundred-thousand lifetimes in every form imaginable, and let me tell you, life has a lot more than pain. Although, I do admit, it does seem to hold a lot of that too. It does for instance, hold alcoholic goth kids who are about to fly out off a tavern as fast as I can throw them.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:11 AM
Val, for her part...basically melts into Captain Tobias' arms, closing her eyes as she sets down her drink, and wraps her arms around him, relaxing.
"Never thought I'd hear that again," she whispers.

"Mmn..I heard that..and you'll have to tell me about it sometime. But not tonight, Val...I think tonight, you should enjoy it." He whispered, softly kissing her atop the head. "You've...you've warmed my heart Val, more than I've known it to be in years. You make me feel young in the most wonderful way."

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-18, 12:12 AM
((Rawr, Giant was being cranky with me and crashing.))

"Mm." Nath takes another sip, looking around the room. "It looks the part."

"Perhaps I'll even stay a while."

"Should it suit you so, there are bedrooms supplied upstairs. I believe you can rent them out at the bar, for whatever reason. They are as good a place as any."
Unless you have a home or suitable apartments. But newcomers rarely do.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:17 AM
"Mmn..I heard that..and you'll have to tell me about it sometime. But not tonight, Val...I think tonight, you should enjoy it." He whispered, softly kissing her atop the head. "You've...you've warmed my heart Val, more than I've known it to be in years. You make me feel young in the most wonderful way."

Val smiles, and shivers at the kiss. "You have no idea how that makes me feel...to know that I can do that, it's...I...

She trails off, lost for words, and relaxes even more. "You warm my heart too. I didn't think I'd find somebody, but I think that I have."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:33 AM
He smiles back, gently stroking her hair, letting out a soft, happy sight.

You have, Val...believe me, I'm not going to let you go now." He chuckled, a grin growing on his face. "And I don't think I could leave now if I tried. You've caught, and I'm not letting go."

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:38 AM
Val shifts, closing her eyes and breathing deeply.

"I'm glad. I don't want to be let go. I want to be caught, and to be held tight." Possessed, even, perhaps, but she doesn't want to risk scaring him off by saying that. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-10-18, 12:40 AM
((Rawr, Giant was being cranky with me and crashing.))

"Should it suit you so, there are bedrooms supplied upstairs. I believe you can rent them out at the bar, for whatever reason. They are as good a place as any."
Unless you have a home or suitable apartments. But newcomers rarely do.

"Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:44 AM
Val shifts, closing her eyes and breathing deeply.

"I'm glad. I don't want to be let go. I want to be caught, and to be held tight." Possessed, even, perhaps, but she doesn't want to risk scaring him off by saying that. :smalltongue:

Oh she totally should have. It would've gotten a big laugh out of him. XD

But it's still touching either way.

"Mmn...would you...like to stay here with me tonight, Val?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 12:45 AM
Val nods, without any hesitation at all.

"I...I'd like that," she whispers. "If you would...I'd like that a lot."

((She can be taken upstairs, or anything else, as it's time for her player to head off to bed.))

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:47 AM
((His player too. So they'll just stay romantically entwined *and entwined in a horrible ooze!* until tomorrow. :smalltongue:

Also, I was totally listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkr9V41_e40) while writing this scene.))

Chaotic Bob
2010-10-18, 01:09 AM
"With that, my friend, I should head out. Things appear to be settling down and it is getting late. We'll likely see each other again. I enjoy intelligent company."

Feia dips her head and rises up, off towards the door.

Murska
2010-10-18, 01:11 AM
"Likewise." Nath waves as she leaves, then goes back to observing things and slooooooowly sipping his drink.

Zefir
2010-10-18, 01:42 AM
During the romantic scene from Val and Tobias a hand is walking over the bar try to be quiet, grab a book and slowly draged back with one. This szene happens until Andy got all the books back.
If he can get all without something happen he go away from this szene into a corner and start reading again.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 08:19 AM
Quite unexpectedly a young man (description here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9572615&postcount=241)) appears about six feet in mid air, he seems to stumble forward before dropping abruptly downwards. His descent is broken by one of the tavern's table empty of any patrons. His frame impacts on the table heavily his left side catching the table corner directly and the distinctly wet “crutch” of breaking bone can be heard to come from his torso.

The impact on the table spins the young man in his fall slightly and he lands face first on the floor of the bar. For a second he is still before rolling onto his side. An half pained half annoyed whisper escapes his lips.

“Ouch...”

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 08:33 AM
The necromancer who'd been trudged in deadtime until this moment awoke suddenly in time to watch the boy fall.
Frowning, she leaned closer. There was no concern on her face, but her crimson lips turned up in amusement.
"Where'd you come from, kid?"

And then he was lodged in deadtime himself, and Rabbit sighed. She had direction, something to go off of, but she'd no idea where to go off with it.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 09:06 AM
The young man pick's himself up off the floor, the couple of ribs obviously broken from his fall seem to pain him to start off with but by the time he gets to his feet he seems to have overcome the pain. HIs body language seems tense and attentive as if he almost expects to be attacked.

His narrow bright eye's scan the room taking in the odd mixter of people that make up the bar's patrons. He seems to be scanning the place for any singes of danger or threat. He takes a couple of deep inhales through his nose. A puzzled expression crosses his face for a second before he registers that someone is talking to him.

Turning to the necromancer he looks her up and down before locking eye's with her for a second, he looks...annoyed. He takes another quick inhale through his nose seeming to direct the sniff at her.

(Is this necromancer alive or undead as his sense of smell is supernaturally sensative to such things)

"I think a more important question, lady is where in the name of the Urfarah I am now?"

His voice is gravely and has the rumble of someone who smokes too much tobacco

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 09:22 AM
She smells both alive and dead, almost as if the death is a perfume she dabbed on the night before. In reality, she's living, but slowly becoming undead.
Botched experiment.
It happened.

Rabbit hazel eyes narrowed, taking on a greener hue in her developing irritation. There was something about him that rubbed her wrong, and as her eyes met his blue, her smirk dropped into a sneer.
"Yeah, well, you're SOL, buddy, because I don't know, either. Not really, anyways. They call this place Nexus, but I'll be damned if I could tell you anything more."
Coldly, she sat back on her stool, readjusting the violet head on her head so it sat straight up.
She'd never been fond of the jaunty angle everyone else preferred.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 09:33 AM
The man blinks owlishly at her giving him an evil look back and a well mannered smirk appears on his lips. He takes another deep breath turning it into a sigh as he lowers his head and rubs his eyes for a couple of seconds.

“Listen, sorry love, did not mean to come off all, well... prissy. I bet you can understand a blokes concern when he steps out of his house to do a bit of shopping and ends up in what looks like the set of the next fantasy summer blockbuster.”

He rubs one hand over his face as another weary sigh escapes him. Letting the hand drop he gets a more open look on his face, his smirk disappearing.

“I’m Elijah by the way, Elijah Talbot.”

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:38 AM
Andy stand up pick his arm up and rebuild it to his shoulder.
Then he turns to Tobias.

"Ah I saw this thing befor. It bit Len and then grow. The Mad man who caused all the trouble here thougth its his way to say hello. But I think this is like a parasit. Take good care after it. Oh and you mentioned someone who could sell us weapons I would need some if possible."

Tobias looks up at Andy, and thinks about that for a moment.

"Oh yes. His name was Aether. What exactly was it that you needed?"

((Aether is played by Chas the mage. It's been awhile, so I'm not even sure if he stayed in the Nexus at all. <.<; ))

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 09:47 AM
Rabbit flickered her gaze between the man's face and his body, back and forth and back and forth.
He was a weird one, that was certain, and she didn't use the term too lightly. What with, you know, those living in glass houses not being allowed to throw stones.
And since Rabbit literally lived in a glass citadel, well...

Slowly, she reached out with her hand, incased in their normal ivory silk gloves. Under the sleeves of her indigo overcoat, they extended up to her elbows. It seemed as if she took full minutes making the decision, her mind tossing over the strange words he used, some of which she had no idea of their meaning.
"Rabbit. Rabbit Vasque."
If he didn't shake, she wouldn't be surprised.
Nutter.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 09:51 AM
Elijah talks her hand in a firm grip and shakes it twice before withdrawing his leather gloved hand back to his side.

"Nice to meet you. Mind if I have a seat, feel a bit out of place standing up in the middle of a pub?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 09:54 AM
The Admiral undeadtimes and resumes taking requests if anyone has a song they wish for the lich bard to play.

His eyes flick over to the half-dead necromancer on occasion, but otherwise he restrains himself from doing anything more than that.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 09:54 AM
Rabbit gestured to the room, and all the unoccupied seats.
"Its not like I own the Tavern. You're more than welcome to sit where you like."
Her hand retreated, joining its twin in her lap.
"So, you mean to tell me you fell from your world into this one. For no reason. At all."
She knew she shouldn't be interested. She was hardly ever interested in anyone alive, as it was, and he was just some stranger with strange words. New to the place, too, so it wasn't like he could help her.

But it was different, his situation. Perhaps something exploitable, in the future.

Zefir
2010-10-18, 09:55 AM
"Oh Captain, thanks for notic me I saw your tied up for some minutes." ((Or is it a clone?))

Andy makes a fake smile not cause it is funny more that he had a bad time and want to hide his anger.

"I would look up for energy based weapon. My father told me the the power source, which gave my arm his power, will also work for such weapon. I think it is a good idea to hide this in my arm for a moment of surprise in a fight. And I seek for some meele wepon sinc I broke my last sword with a slash of my left hand."

Andy hold his hand up and slash to illustrate what he means. A bit to late he saw the table and hit it. The part where he hit the table now lay on the floor, but the table is not broken only a small piece is missing.

"Ups. Good for me that I got enougth money to pay for this."

(( Seems like I have to PM another Nexus player to come back. It becomes almost routine. ))

*Have to deadtime for some hour.*

Moros66
2010-10-18, 10:08 AM
"Thanks."

Elijah takes a seat across from Rabbit. He lays both his hands down the right over the left on the table in a non threatening manner. His body language has considerably relaxed though it plain to see that from his seating position he wants a wall to his back. His eyes dart over the drink and snack’s menu on the table and he raises an eyebrow at some of the names.

“Well as far as I can tell it happened for no reason. One moment I’m stepping out the front door of my cottage, the next...bam! I’m landing in this place. Probably magic, likely some damn afhal testing another of their theories. Hisil damn the lot of them I say.”

Having finished looking at the menu Elijah looks up, meeting Rabbit’s gaze directly again. He has a good natured glint in his eye, and he just seems just, well a friendly sort, quite different to his standoff nature a couple of minutes ago.

“So...how long have you been in this place? Can you come and go back to your world as you please? It’s just well; I kind of have some responsibilities back in the re-, back in my world.”

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 10:23 AM
There he went, using those weird names and words again. Rabbit was becoming dizzy trying to keep up, though she could reason this or that out. And it was logical that he could have ended up here by a mistake, a misfired spell or whatever it was 'afhals' did.
Though, in her mind, it was more likely someone had it out for him.

Rabbit didn't smile. Not really. Unlike him, its clear she's not a particularly friendly or warm person, though she doesn't hold the caution he does. Infact, though she seems suspcious, her air is that of confidence.
She doesn't fear anything in the immediate room.

"I..couldn't tell you. I don't know how long I've been here." It wasn't amnesia- you can't forget what you yourself have never known. "But my home is connected to this Nexus. I can come and go as I please. You, on the other hand, well," She snorted, taking her hard cider from the night before in her hand.
"You leave as you came, normally. And since you really don't know how you came..." Her point was accentuated with a shrug, tousling her red-brown hair over her shoulders.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 10:33 AM
A troubled look crosses Elijah's face for a second.

"Well that ain't good. I mean things have been slow on my end the last six months but I still got duties. If I was back in, um, my world I could ask I guy I know he is a afhals. Sorry when I am agitated I have a habit of slipping into Uremehir. By afhals I mean, well what most people would call a wizard. He's more bearable then most of the insufferable, arrogant fools. More down to earth you know what I mean. He does this stuff with space, bends it and twists it, can teleport and make portals and stuff."

Elijah reaches into one of his jacket pockets and pulls out a cigar holder.

"Don't mind if I smoke do you? No anti-smoking laws in this world right?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:37 AM
The Admiral glances over at Elijah, strumming on his guitar and puffing on his cigar. The lich gives him a funny look.

Considering he's a compulsive, continuous, chain-smoker, there sure better not be rules against smoking here.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/Admiraltrue.png

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 10:37 AM
Rabbit waved her hand dismissively.
"You're fine to light up." Not that she needed to breath, anyways.
Her gaze moved slowly away from Elijah, stopping on the lich from the night before. She hadn't remembered to ask for his name, she realized, but shrugged. offering a nod to him in greeting.
Suddenly, the stranger's words pierced her consciousness, and she turned to look at him.
"So this guy you know can mess with space and teleportation and all that junk? Did you piss him off, steal his girl, piss in his apple juice, anything like that?"

Moros66
2010-10-18, 10:49 AM
As soon as Rabbit mentions it's fine to smoke Elijah lights up. Taking a few puffs he turns in the direction of Rabbit's nod and for the first time actually focuses in on the Admiral. He looks the Lich a glance up and down and gives him a good mannered smile before turning back to Rabbit.

"Woah, never seen a death spirit with a guitar before... magath to to love their wacky combinations. Though the fact that most of them want to eat you is a bit of a down side."

Elijah tilts his head slightly at Rabbit's suggestion, taking a lot slow puff of his cigar before breathing out slowly.

"Well we only see each other like once maybe twice a year. I mean I know little more then he is a bit of a theif, likes drugs, booze and women and goes by the name of Raz. Can't say I've done anything to piss him off as such. Though the first time we met I chased him around a city for around 2 hours. That was years ago though."

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 10:56 AM
The Admiral nods back to Rabbit before addressing Elijah. "I'm right here you know. And I have no desire to eat YOU unless you suddenly turned into a smoking hot chick." One could almost swear the Admiral was smirking if he could.

"And it's lich, not death spirit. For the record. I don't suppose there's a song you want played?"

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 10:56 AM
At this, the necromancer couldn't help but grin. It was unkind and almost cruel in its nature, though it lasted not longer than a handful of seconds.
"Yes, a shame indeed." The thought of feeding him to her own hordes back at the Glass Citadel amused her for a moment, though she quickly reasoned that becoming a murderer would help her naught.
"Well, are all these wizards unsavory creatures? Maybe you slighted another one and this is their revenge."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:58 AM
((His player too. So they'll just stay romantically entwined *and entwined in a horrible ooze!* until tomorrow. :smalltongue:

Also, I was totally listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkr9V41_e40) while writing this scene.))

And, as previously promised, he takes Val up to Trog's Second Floor! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133782&page=44)

*Clippity Clip!*

"Mmn...we've actually considered trying to find more legal means by which to procure our supplies. So no need to contact him JUST yet...unless you had something very specific in mind. In which case, I leave it to your own discretion to find him.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 11:06 AM
There's a slight keening noise from the location of where Elijah portal'd in ...

Moros66
2010-10-18, 11:15 AM
Elijah turns away from Rabbit upon hearing the Admiral's remark. A pleased looking smile on his face a chuckle creaping into his voice.

"Sorry I have a bit of a talent when it comes to changes but I'm not likely to turn into a bimbo spontaniously so I'm afraid you'll have to live with the disappointment."

Elijah pauses for a second to look the Admiral up and and down again and his gaze fixes on the lich's cigar.

"Besides I wanted to see if you could talk. Some of the magath are animalistic, they don't have much of an intelligence. Just testing a theory. See you don't smell right to be a spirit, but then I've never smelled anything like you before. Easiest way of finding out was have you tell me. No offense meant mate."

Elijah pauses again to snub out his cigar.

"If you are looking to play a tune, don't suppose you know any Jimi Hendrix? If you do I love All Along the Watchtower."

At Rabbits question Elijah turns back to her.

"Well I the one I know best is Raz, the rest I know as either friends of friends or I've met like once and all they did was ask me annoying questions or be passive-aggressive. Nothing happened that would warrent them flinging me into another dimension."

Elijah looks at some of the odder NPC occupents of the pub.

"Damn this place is as odd as the Hisil."

Elijah returns his gaze back to Rabbit. His focus half on her and half locked on the new strange noise that has started to spring up from his point of entry into the pub.

"So...um...what do you do around here?"

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 11:21 AM
She growls a bit at his comments on the undead, though the sound quickly distracts her, and she turns her full attention towards it.
"I..think something is going to happen."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 11:22 AM
"Damn this place is as odd as the Hisil."

For shisil my werewisil :smallbiggrin:

There's a slightly hazy black halo forming where the portal opened

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 11:24 AM
"I'm playing music and you wanted to know if I was intelligent?" The Admiral snorts. "Well I'm glad at least one of us is." :smallannoyed:

The Admiral all the same grants Elijah's request and starts playing All Along the Watchtower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bng3agUOYiI).

Not to be confused with the actual WATCHTOWER location here in ACRO.

He watches the black halo as he plays, curious, but not distracted from his music.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 11:29 AM
Elijah's attention now shifts completely to the odd black halo forming in mid air.

"That probably ain't good."

Upon hearing the Admiral's remark he Elijah lets out a hearty chuckle.

"Fair do's man, I knew a spirit of music once, about as intelligent as a rock but could play one hell of a tune. Some things just are what they do. You know what I mean? Still I'm just happy to see that some things like good music are multidimensional."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 11:32 AM
Thankfully, given a member of said organization is like, right here. Sitting at a table in a dress-shirt (sleeves rolled up to the elbows) and trousers, watching the Admiral play. KR was going to request a song too, but the other guy beat her to it. I think it was called 'I don't trust you and I'm still deciding as to whether to give you your sword back or not so I was hoping we could talk.' I think it's by one of those indie artists.
But it would be rude to interrupt him in the middle of another request, so I guess she's just listening for now.

Project_Mayhem
The halo lazily lazily pulsates outwards

Any spellcasters or creatures of magic nearby should feel a short, but very intense pain in their souls. Even if they don't have them.

RabbitHoleLost
Carefully, Rabbit snuck away from Elijah, moving closer to the lich she had become acquainted with the night before. She didn't know what was coming, but it was likely something she didn't want part of.

If she died this time, there would be no way to come back.

Plus, if it came down to the nitty-gritty, she trusted an undead to have her back more than some weird stranger.

And then she was smacked straight dab in the gut by an inexplicable pain which caused her to drop to her knees and writhe.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 11:36 AM
And then she was smacked straight dab in the gut by an inexplicable pain which caused her to drop to her knees and writhe.

The soul, not the gut. Silly rabbit.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 11:38 AM
Oh hey. Soul pain. Given KR's current vulnerability to magic, and the fact that she's a soulomancer (yes, I just made that up on the spot and know it sounds retarded... just roll with it) herself the pain is especially intense. Enough to have someone fall out of their chair. Which coincidentally, is exactly what KR does.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 11:38 AM
"As multidimensional as your face." The Admiral grumbles under his breath during a spot with no lyrics, clearly not amused at being 'tested for intelligence'.

He doesn't respond directly though, now more interested in his music and the bl-"OWWWWW!"

"****** ******" :smallmad:
Deciding sticking around wasn't a great idea he stands, putting away his guitar and adjusting his hat. "Performance over. Goodnight everybody." He starts towards the door, before noticing Rabbit doubled over in pain. Grrr... he really should just leave, but... she has the touch.
He comes back to help her up and try to get her to the door, clearly not as affected due to having a soul, but it just being someplace else that isn't here.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 11:43 AM
Elijah having his concentration split between watching the black halo form and enjoying one of his vary favourite songs does not notice Rabbits move.

Though when the collective flinch occurs among several magic users and magic beings nearby he ignores the song and stand's facing the black halo. He reaches around to the back of his belt where he places his hand on the handle of a large knife only just concealed by his jacket.

An honest to goodness growl escapes his throat and the gravel in his voice thickens.

“Come on you hithim one of the Uratha stands ready to oppose you.”

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 11:43 AM
The soul, not the gut. Silly rabbit.
That's actually where this particular-half-undead put her soul. Really.

With the pain gone, she exhaled loudly, struggling to her knees. Oh, this was the last time she stuck around to get to know a stranger. The last time.
Bad things always happened.

As the lich came over to help her, she tilted her head at him. She didn't need his help. Didn't need anyone's help.
Clearly, though, he'd felt that pain, too, and so she allowed him his assistance.
"Lets get the frack out of here, yeah?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 11:48 AM
"Yeah." There's nothing really to add there.
Flee, flee, flee the scary portal of doom!
The Admiral channels Elan for a bit. In his head. He's smart enough to not do it out loud.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 11:49 AM
Out of the swirling dark halo, a humanoid figure slowly forms, out of an inky black substance

The soul pain is at a constant low level now

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 11:51 AM
KR does not have the benefit of a lich helping her up. That's okay.
Did that guy just say that he was a urethra and was opposed to some guy who wanted to hit him?
No, he didn't. I think you're delirious. Why don't you just get up, sit on that chair for a minute to collect yourself, pick up your coat and get the hell out of dodge? Maybe you could build that giant AMEN smashing robot you always wanted to make?
But of course, KR is always opposed to the sensible ideas, and decodes to stick around for a while longer. Finding out what's causing that dull ache in the soul you totally cannibalized off of a ghost because you don't have your own is always a priority for KR.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 11:59 AM
Elijah utters another growl this one deeper then the first and draws the bowie knife from his back. He utters a single odd phrase that seems to be half bark and half shout and the odd script on the knife flairs up with electric blue light.

AS he is going this Elijah's form seems to shift and become larger, he grows about a foot and gains around 50 pounds of muscle mass, becoming boarder and more heavy set. His facial features take on a more angular and lupine, his iris colour shifts towards an amber gold. His finger nails elongate and grow thinker into rudimentary claws and all his facial and body hair thickens up and becomes a more pure blond.

He takes two steps towards the figure, within pouncing distance and utters a howl that is half human half lupine.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 12:03 PM
You are not the one I want, wolfman

The voice seems to come from the general area of the blob.

The shape then melts into the floor, reappearing over KR

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-18, 12:07 PM
"Oh, great, a kriffing werewolf." With that said, Rabbit bolts out the door, not looking back to check if the lich is following her or not.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 12:10 PM
The moment the dark figure melts into the floor Elijah scans the room looking for it. He spots it almost the instant it reappears over KR and dashes towards in a zig-zag run intent on keeping its attention on him.

Elijah his voice somewhere between a deep human tone and a series of lupine sounds shouts out.

"Too bad hithim, because I'm the one you got!"

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:10 PM
"I guess that's me then. That is, I suppose that I'm the one that you want, and not like in that song from Grease. That is why you just disappeared and reappeared over me, right?" She casually shrugs on her red coat.
For the benefit of the new person, KR is a woman of apparently East Asian descent, with short brown hair and dark eyes. She's on the smaller side, about a full foot shorter than Elijah, but muscular like a boxer or MMA fighter, with a slightly masculine face. See also my sigatar. She's wearing a dress-shirt, trousers, boots and now a red coat, with weird technobracer things on the sleeves.

Reinholdt
2010-10-18, 12:14 PM
Out the door the Admiral goes, following Rabbit and humming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8) as he goes.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 12:15 PM
The thing seems to look at KR for a short moment, during which the pain should intensify

No

Moros66
2010-10-18, 12:20 PM
Once within pouncing distance Elijah will attempt to tackle the dark figure to the ground aiming to stab into its chest during the fall with the bowie knife. The other clawed hand will be aiming to grab the figure by the shoulder and tear a good chuck of "flesh" off.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:24 PM
"Right. Well, before you get slain by the werewolf, you wouldn't be kind enough to tell me what you are, would you? See, your presence is causing me an admittedly great deal of discomfort, and I'd like to know why."
She watches the mortal combat between hit him and urethra rather disinterestedly.
See, you're making fun of their silly made up language too!
Am not.
Are too.
Whatever.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 12:32 PM
Oh, how embarrassing. The creature is entirely insubstantial, and Elijah sails through it. Hope he wasn't aimed at KR.

The bowie knife seems to catch slightly, and makes the noise of ripping cloth as it pulls through. Indeed, as it leaves the body, it seems to tease some blackness out, which dissolves very swiftly.

The creature very quickly moves backwards.

This is the wrong time and the wrong place.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 12:32 PM
***! Shouts the man formerly known as Prince, seeing that Rabbit is gone. Throwing a gold piece at the nearest waiter, he bolts out the door and attempts to track the necromancer.

Moros66
2010-10-18, 12:38 PM
Elijah lands at a right angle to KR and rolls with the momentum of his fall. It takes him all of three seconds to roll, stand up and turn at to face the dark figure again, keeping KR in his peripheral vision. He switches his grasp on the bowie knife from a stabbing to cutting hold and advances on the figure quick keeping up a guard as he does so.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 12:46 PM
"Oh. It's like that is it? What a shame."
She sits back to watch the fight, deadtiming as she does so. She's been feeling rather sillier lately, but you know what, SHE HAS A RIGHT TO. Being crippled for a month (more or less), and confined to a base with nothing to do but watch crappy romantic comedies and silly YouTube videos is not exactly the type of thing KR would consider 'fun'. Even if she can now quote the Annoying Orange word-for-word.
Oh, and deadtime.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 12:49 PM
In response, the creature merely melts into the ground and vanishes

Zefir
2010-10-18, 12:55 PM
"Mmn...we've actually considered trying to find more legal means by which to procure our supplies. So no need to contact him JUST yet...unless you had something very specific in mind. In which case, I leave it to your own discretion to find him.

"OK Captain. I have two questions. First do we have medical help onboard? Secound when do we lift off?"

Moros66
2010-10-18, 12:58 PM
Elijah's form changes back to looking pure human. He looks around to see if anyone not in an odd state of stasis that the majority of people seem to be in. Seeing that he is alone he shrugs and re sheathes his bowie knife.

"I hate it when they get away..."

He lights up another cigar from his holder with a match and strolls out of the pub.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 12:59 PM
"OK Captain. I have two questions. First do we have medical help onboard? Secound when do we lift off?"

"Lift off? the ship isn't even finished yet, lad." Tobias chuckles. "I'm sorry if you were hoping for things to be going a little faster, but you know, it takes some time to create a fully-functioning air-ready ship."

"We will have medical help though, probably we'll have to look for some though. Why do you ask?"

Earl of Purple
2010-10-18, 01:02 PM
"Oh." If she's acting odd, it's because Atorre is trying an experiment, and Tavlii's body is the most expendable if it fails, and stands the most to gain if it goes well.
Tavlii kneels down to look at the rat thing and, drawing up Atorre's psionic powers, begins subjecting it to every non-damaging scan and test she can think of.

Atorre/Tavlii will find the creature is unintelligent, running on instinct. It has an odd digestive system; if it bites somebody, it can absorb one physical, mental or magical ability that person has, as long as it isn't learnt or bestowed by an object owned by that person or animal; it must be natural or genetically/magically engineered into their being. Currently, it has absorbed a lot of rodents, hence its rodent-like appearance. Although, it does have ice-blue eyes from Len and wolf-like pointed ears, much like Tobias's only grey.

I wonder if this thing gained any of our abilities as well as our body parts.

The real Len, who is still with Tobias and Tavlii, says.

The answer, thus far, is no.

((And now, Deadtime until after supper))

Zefir
2010-10-18, 01:21 PM
"Lift off? the ship isn't even finished yet, lad." Tobias chuckles. "I'm sorry if you were hoping for things to be going a little faster, but you know, it takes some time to create a fully-functioning air-ready ship."

"We will have medical help though, probably we'll have to look for some though. Why do you ask?"

"I wanted to restart my resarch that cost me my arm. I now will take more care of that but a medic is never wrong. The ship isn't ready by now? I hoped I could escape from here as soon as possible. And how long do I have to play hide and seek until we may lift off?"

Trobby
2010-10-18, 01:30 PM
[Looking at the Rat Thing]

Tobias will have to wait to see what Tavlii says about such a creature. Unfortunately, he cannot discern any of this on his own.

---------------------------

[Andy and Tobias]

"...You should probably find somewhere to lay low if you're having trouble keeping yourself hidden." Tobias admitted to him openly. "It could be months before the entire ship is ready. I'll have to check back on it soon, but it is not a quick process for an entire airship to be built."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 02:08 PM
No Sarah, it's alright. Sit down, have a drink. I'd rather you be here...

Damon nods to Vizek. "Yess, I'm...one of your kind now. But there wass quite a price for it. I...look...I don't mean to be rude, Nixm, but could I perssuade you to let me and Vizek talk in private for a few minutess? I have...ssomething pretty important to tell him. Ssorry."

"Oh, sure, anything for you Damon." Nixm says with a smile, glancing at Sarah that doesn't seem to pay her any attention at all. "Maybe we girls should leave these two alone if they need to speak?" She suggests.

Sarah rises her head to look at the former demonologist just long enough time for her to state the word "No." coldly.

Nixm smiles a bit nervously at Sarah's chilly attitude and nods "Alright, I'll leave you to it then."

Nixm strides off to the bar, Vizek gaze following her a bit until until it refocuses on Damon again.
"So is this about the spirits? They tested you in some way then?" Vizek asks as he pours some more wine down his throat.

"To be frank, I knew they wanted you there Damon."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 02:17 PM
Damon follows Vizek's stare and shakes his head slightly, but doesn't comment on Vizek's behaviour. Now is not the time for that. "You're quite right. The spirits did want me there..." He pauses as he considers how to confess to what he'd done, then sighs and continues. "They wanted me there so they could punish me for, um, for shifting the veil and letting the demons into your world. As for the test, well, they made me tell Sarah. And, well, you deserve to know too. You're the one who told me how to get there after all...without...knowing...what I'd done..."

Zefir
2010-10-18, 02:47 PM
[Andy and Tobias]

"...You should probably find somewhere to lay low if you're having trouble keeping yourself hidden." Tobias admitted to him openly. "It could be months before the entire ship is ready. I'll have to check back on it soon, but it is not a quick process for an entire airship to be built."

"Hmm months maybe a bit bad but I think my father won't search me here in the nexus for the next 3 months. Then I will stay near the Tavern maybe I can do some working or other stuff."

Andy seems far away and the rest of his talk is head to noone or everyone noone knows.

"Maybe the libarian needs some assist or I can search for a company that produce air ship engines. Or I could visit the organisations in this univers maybe they find my intresst I heard much about them."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 02:52 PM
Rae undeadtimes and flies through the air, landing where Rabbit was sitting. He stands up, frowning, and looks around the tavern to see if anyone he knows may have undeadtimed.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 03:37 PM
Vizek takes another sip of wine "...they made you tell that?" He asks, sounding somewhat surprised, but not shocked. The dragon-in-human-shape closes his eyes and shakes his head, pressing two fingers into his brow.

"I didn't really expect that, but as Sarah is here now, I suppose you cleared that up which I wasn't sure you were going to do either. But it was needed wasn't it? That secret would have consumed you eventually Damon..." Vizek places the wine glass on the table and opens his eyes, looking into Damon's, "Yes, I knew, of course I did." He shakes his head again, looking down at the table, looking quite bothered.

"They told me since I knew you Damon and they wanted to test you... a few months ago I believe." He pauses. "I had mostly repressed it really, I didn't want to think about it and I couldn't encounter you either. I just put it away." He seems to be intending to be trying to explain his own emotions or something like that.

Vizek blinks, looking up at Damon again "So why did you do it?" He asks casually, too calm for a such loaded question.

Murska
2010-10-18, 03:37 PM
Nathaniel undeadtimes with a blink, looking around for a moment before, finally, finishing his drink. He stretches a little, wondering whether it'd be wise to go look around in the streets.

Morty
2010-10-18, 03:38 PM
While Dipsnig doesn't know Rae, he's sitting by the bar, dangling his feet from the barstool, watching everyone there, especially (relative) newcomers. He's a small, brown-skinned goblin. Meanwhile, his silver wolf Viima is napping by the fireplace. When Nathaniel undeadtimes, the goblin goes to sit by him. Hey there. I can tell you're new around here.

Murska
2010-10-18, 04:00 PM
Nath turns to look at the next person to suddenly sit down to talk to him. What an extraordinary culture. "Yeah, arrived recently. Nice to meet you, call me Nath."

Morty
2010-10-18, 04:03 PM
Name's Dipsnig Razortooth. I've been here for quite some time. What brings you to the ever-colorful land of the Nexus?

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 04:10 PM
"You already knew? You've known for monthss, and jusst acted like nothing wass wrong? I...do all the dragons know? I'm a dead man if they do, I don't think I can ever make things up to some of them." Damon groans and orders himself a DLB...or five. He's a dragon now, he can handle strong drinks. Sure, with five of them he'd certainly end up regretting it come the morning, but he needs something strong to calm his nerves now.

Talking about this isn't exactly pleasant.

He waits until his drinks arrive before continuing, gulping down the first one quite quickly. "Ass for why I did it...at the time, the zern world wass sstill my world, and I didn't want to ssee it die. Better that two worldss are wounded than for one to fall entirely to the demonss, that'ss what I told mysself at the time."

Murska
2010-10-18, 04:11 PM
"Many things. Curiosity, I guess."

Morty
2010-10-18, 04:17 PM
Heh. Yeah, it must look very strange from the outside. After you've lived here for a while though, you'll find nothing surprises you anymore.

Murska
2010-10-18, 04:22 PM
Nath smiles at this. "I hope not. That would be quite against what I'm hoping to achieve."

Morty
2010-10-18, 04:23 PM
Which is what? Dipsnig asks curiously.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 04:25 PM
Emily appeared just outside the tavern with an annoyed expression walking into the bar and very nearly ordering a vodka to match her mood-and then decided she'd regret it.
"Dragon's Fire Breath, please." she said, as normal, trying hard not to vent on the bartender.

Murska
2010-10-18, 04:28 PM
He shrugs somewhat. "I like figuring things out. And that doesn't work if you just take them for granted."

Morty
2010-10-18, 04:30 PM
Glancing at Emily, Dipsnig says to Nathaniel: Oh, there'll be always plenty of things to figure out. It's just that you won't go "Whoa, what is this?" quite so often.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 04:34 PM
Rae notices Emily walk into the bar, and gets a very surprised look on his face. He walks up behind her.

Emily? Is that really you?

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 04:36 PM
Val seems to have fallen asleep in Captain Tobias' arms. Awwwwww...

Crissy, meanwhile, is looking around the bar with interest, looking a fair bit more tipsy, now, then she did the last time Dorotha was undeadtimed. :smalltongue:

She pauses, then takes a long sip from her drink, giggles, and leans back in her seat, looking back to her table, at the deadtimed Kevin, then starting to look around again...

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 04:37 PM
Emily blinks.
"Um... I feel like I should know you..." she says. She sweatdrops. "Where did we meet?"

Murska
2010-10-18, 04:38 PM
"Hm. I guess." He thinks for a moment. "So, what do you do around here?"

Morty
2010-10-18, 04:41 PM
I run the Neutralist Organization, the Nexus' official mercenary company. It's not an easy job, but I manage.
((Deadtime.))

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 04:42 PM
We met on Popster... We traveled together for months...

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 04:49 PM
She blinked.
"Popster... popster... popster... OH! YOU!" she said. "I remember now! The Kirby-verse."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 05:04 PM
Well, there were plenty of kirbies there, yes, but I wouldn't exactly call it the Kirby-verse...

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 05:12 PM
"Pretty much." she shrugged. "Sorry I didn't recognise you; lots to remember."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 05:14 PM
Oh?

When Emily's drink comes, Rae puts coins on the table.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 05:20 PM
"You don't need to do that." she smiled.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 05:22 PM
Oh yes I do. Rae smiles back at her.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 05:39 PM
She rolled her eyes, smiling. "If you say so."

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 06:05 PM
[Looking at the Rat Thing]

Tobias will have to wait to see what Tavlii says about such a creature. Unfortunately, he cannot discern any of this on his own.

Tavlii studies it for a few minutes, and then straightens back up. "It's a sort of undifferentiated thing that takes one feature from whatever it bites. It looks like it ate a lot of rats, to look like this. Keep it away from me." She adds that after a moment, skittering to where the edge of her color-draining field doesn't reach the thing.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 06:08 PM
The man formerly known as Prince walks into the bar, he sits down, orders a drink and pays tye waiter. He then notices Crissy looking around and walks over. Hello ma'm, names Edgar Valentine. And what would your's be?

Murska
2010-10-18, 07:01 PM
"Ooh. Merc..." Nath notices the sudden lapse in attention of the conversation partner. "...?"

Right. Must be what happened to him too. Weird place, this. Well, he's sure they can finish the conversation sometime.

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 07:24 PM
The door to Trog's open as a man in black power armor steps through, helmet off. Edijar sighs a bit as he looks around the place and runs his hand over his graying hair to smooth it over. He needed to take a short break from his instructing, and figured a light meal wouldn't hurt.

The Imperial Commander wanders over to the bar and orders his food and drink.

FireFox
2010-10-18, 07:29 PM
"You're welcome..." Crissy says, smiling, and deciding to order another, stronger drink.

Kevin just smiles at her and looks around the room at the other people.

Murska
2010-10-18, 07:30 PM
Nath stands up, stretching once more. Maybe it was time to try to act like everyone else around here? ...thinking back on what he'd seen, maybe not. Anyway, it didn't seem like such a big deal here, and at least that newest guy sort of looked like a human and seemed to have nice armour.

Nathaniel walks up to Edijar, ordering something light to eat for himself. "Greetings."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 07:32 PM
The Commander looks at Nath and raises an eyebrow. Normally people were wary around him when he was in armor. "Greetings. I hope everything is okay." he says, figuring that he'd ask since the only other reason people approach him is when something bad happens.

Eh, it was his job.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 07:36 PM
KR undeadtimes, disappointed that there wasn't an epic fig scene while her player was sleeping. She would have liked to see what sort of abilities the dark shadow had, and why its presence had proved so painful to her soul, and that of the Admiral and that chick with the Hat.

Murska
2010-10-18, 07:36 PM
"Sure, just thought I'd try talking. You look like a soldier, which is more than I can say of most of the assortment of beings I've seen around here. Makes me more comfortable. I'll go eat somewhere else if you're busy, though, or don't want to chat."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-18, 07:40 PM
KR undeadtimes, disappointed that there wasn't an epic fig scene while her player was sleeping. She would have liked to see what sort of abilities the dark shadow had, and why its presence had proved so painful to her soul, and that of the Admiral and that chick with the Hat.

((I'll try and work her into the plot with it then :D))

Trobby
2010-10-18, 07:40 PM
Tavlii studies it for a few minutes, and then straightens back up. "It's a sort of undifferentiated thing that takes one feature from whatever it bites. It looks like it ate a lot of rats, to look like this. Keep it away from me." She adds that after a moment, skittering to where the edge of her color-draining field doesn't reach the thing.

"Hmm....that could be dangerous...any suggestions on what we should do with it?"

D'aaaaww~!

((Go meet him up on the Second Floor, Val. :smallwink: ))

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 07:44 PM
"Sure, just thought I'd try talking. You look like a soldier, which is more than I can say of most of the assortment of beings I've seen around here. Makes me more comfortable. I'll go eat somewhere else if you're busy, though, or don't want to chat."

He shakes his head. "No, it's fine. I'm on break. And thanks. Not many would be comfortable around me. Imperial and all."

Murska
2010-10-18, 07:49 PM
Nath takes a bite out of a sandwich. "Well, I'm new here, so I don't know any of the factions. If associating you's gonna get me shot in the back, or front, I'd be grateful if you notified me now. But it's no big deal, otherwise."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 07:52 PM
Edijar chortles. "No, not any more at least. When the old Empire was around, maybe, but now?" he shakes his head. "Some people don't care for us, but we're the law and order that's here."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 07:56 PM
"I never told anyone, don't you think they wouldn't have been after you if I had?" Vizek pauses "I can picture the difficulty of your choice Damon, it can't have been... easy." He finishes.

He finishes his glass of wine, being quiet for quite a while. Meanwhile Nixm seems to be glancing at them, looking a bit distracted.

Sarah appears to be a bit angry thought "You never told me? After all this time?"

"Damon was the one that should tell you Sarah... and I sort of suppressed it, there were moments when... moments I rather not talk about. I dealt with it my own way, time mends all wounds as they say."

Sarah shakes her head, frowning "Turns out I'm the only one that doesn't knew this then."

Murska
2010-10-18, 08:00 PM
Nath smiles. "Sounds good. Does this place require much of that?"

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 08:05 PM
Edijar nods. "You just missed it. Zombies and other undead flooded the gates, streets and city. We were the only thing standing between them, and the destruction of this place." He doesn't care if people disagree with that, because it's true in his opinion.

Murska
2010-10-18, 08:10 PM
"Wow. And does that sort of thing happen... often?"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 08:13 PM
"Well...you know now..." Damon mutters quietly as he starts on his next drink. "Anyway, I...well...I've ssaid all I can, Vizek." Damon turns away from Vizek, staring down at the floor, "It wassn't eassy making the choice...I sshould've jusst walked away..."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 08:23 PM
The commander nods. "Often enough. Every month or so, something Big happens. Some sort of event always happens that threatens Inside. Zombies, Catpeople, giant bugs..."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 08:23 PM
"Hmm....that could be dangerous...any suggestions on what we should do with it?"

Let's keep it! You've gone and got me interested in it now.

Murska
2010-10-18, 08:27 PM
The commander nods. "Often enough. Every month or so, something Big happens. Some sort of event always happens that threatens Inside. Zombies, Catpeople, giant bugs..."

"Sounds like a tough job you have here. How're your organized?"

Trobby
2010-10-18, 08:29 PM
Let's keep it! You've gone and got me interested in it now.

"..."

"Are you...quite serious about that, Len? You know it could be incredibly dangerous to keep it so close to you when it has your essence."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 08:33 PM
Edijar looks like he's about ready to answer the question when he stops himself and raises his eyebrow. "Who's asking?" he asks suspiciously.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 08:36 PM
Vizek continues to stare down the table for a while "No, it can't have been..." He closes his eyes "Sorry, bad memories coming up, I like to be left alone a while. Tell Nixm I'll see her later, she can go with you."

Sarah snorts but nods "Let's go then and leave him alone Damon."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 08:37 PM
Damon nods and takes his remaining drinks, moving to a different table, as far away from Vizek as possible. As he passes by Nixm, he stops for a moment and passes Vizek's message onto her, "He wantss to be left alone for now. Ssorry."

Murska
2010-10-18, 08:38 PM
"Call me Nath." He offers a hand. "And don't answer if it's secret. It's just a bit of an interest of mine."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 08:41 PM
"It's not, but it's not exactly common knowledge. And I like to know who I am talking to. Not just their name." He says with a hint of a smile.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 08:42 PM
"Oh?" Nixm glances at Vizek that really isn't his usual self at the moment "I guess I wait or..." She sigh, looking up at Damon and Sarah "Where are you going?"

"Out." Sarah replies before Damon have a chance to say anything, "We are going to be flying so it's not like you could follow."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 08:44 PM
"..."

"Are you...quite serious about that, Len? You know it could be incredibly dangerous to keep it so close to you when it has your essence."

I lived the first twenty five years of my life in a village where some of the local wildlife tries to eat your brains and turn you into a zombie. I know how to handle dangerous animals.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 08:48 PM
Damon ignores Sarah and puts the drinks down on the table, sitting so he's facing away from Vizek, just in case being on the other side of the tavern isn't good enough. "I'm going anywhere yet, Ssarah." He starts on his third drink, staring at the table in front of him. "I paid for thesse drinkss. 'ssidess, it'ss not like there'ss anywhere I need to go."

Murska
2010-10-18, 08:51 PM
"It's not, but it's not exactly common knowledge. And I like to know who I am talking to. Not just their name." He says with a hint of a smile.

Nath tilts his head slightly. "Um. You're assumedly talking to me? If you want more details, feel free to ask something specific and I'll decide whether I'll answer."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 08:58 PM
"I would want to get to NO so I can fulfill my promise to that Fluffy." /And I really don't want that human near us, she reeks of demon. How do you know each other exactly?/ She adds in his mind as she sits down at the chair next to him, Nixm following them along as she doesn't really have anywhere else to go.

"I know you might have a problem with me, but I'm not a bad person really."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 08:59 PM
"Alright. Then what's your skills?" He says, taking a long drink of coffee.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 09:03 PM
"Your promisse to that...what?" Damon looks confused, and decides to drink his confusion away with more DLB. "And ease off on Nixm, Ssarah, sshe really issn't a bad persson, sshe'ss the one who helped me escape when Pegrim capture me."

Does that answer your question, Sarah? Of course she reeks of demon! She'd been in that place far longer than me. I'm amazed she managed to keep going during our escape. It was only once we were safe that she gave in to exhaustion.

As Sarah sits next to Damon, he pulls out the chair on the other side for Nixm. "Sit down Nixm, do you want a drink?"

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:05 PM
I lived the first twenty five years of my life in a village where some of the local wildlife tries to eat your brains and turn you into a zombie. I know how to handle dangerous animals.

"...That's quite an experience to have, Len..."

"Well, alright. But be careful with it, okay? And if anything should happen, let us know."

Tobias very carefully will hand off the creature trapped between a glass and a coaster to Len.

Murska
2010-10-18, 09:12 PM
"Alright. Then what's your skills?" He says, taking a long drink of coffee.

"That's a broad question." Nath thinks for a moment. "I can cook some simple stuff. Not much of an athlete. I was forced to learn to sing and play piano, though I don't think I have much talent in either. I'm good at getting immersed in thinking about things nobody else seems to care about."

"For what I imagine you're more interested in, have experience in fencing, throwing things accurately, shooting a bow, aiming an ordinary firearm, building a few types of explosives, flying a thalak, driving some types of vehicles, setting up a bunch of triggers and traps and commanding a squad." He shrugs. "Plenty of other things I guess, but can't really think of them right now."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-18, 09:23 PM
"That strange creature that claimed to be a dragon back at NO... well, actually it was more of a promise to it's handler, but it is something I need to fulfill." She turns to Nixm as if on a afterthought. "And I suppose she can sit with us, you were a demon worshiper?"

Nixm coughs "I want something strong for now, it have been a very bad day for me." She glances over to Sarah "Actually, I was a demologist, my expertises were demonic artifacts and magic, not that any of that matters now." Her tone is very casual compared to Sarah's slightly chilly one.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-10-18, 09:31 PM
"We'll sstop by NO ssoon enough then. I guesss I really sshould ressign. Thingss jusst keep popping up..." Damon sighs and starts on his fourth DLB, the room starting to look just a little bit blurry to him. He orders a suitably strong drink for Nixm as he sips his own, glancing between her and Sarah. "I wissh you'd be a bit friendlier, Ssarah. There iss nothing wrong with Nixm. Yess, her work once involved demonic objectss, but sshe helped me esscape and wantss nothing more to do with demonss. Issn't that good enough for you?"

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:31 PM
Doctor Adrian Rein undeadtimes, minus his white coat and gloves. He's wearing grey trousers, a crisp dress-shirt and a dark green tie.

He's also getting rapidly drunk, looking like he's just made a big mistake and regretting it.

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 09:32 PM
"That's a broad question." Nath thinks for a moment. "I can cook some simple stuff. Not much of an athlete. I was forced to learn to sing and play piano, though I don't think I have much talent in either. I'm good at getting immersed in thinking about things nobody else seems to care about."

"For what I imagine you're more interested in, have experience in fencing, throwing things accurately, shooting a bow, aiming an ordinary firearm, building a few types of explosives, flying a thalak, driving some types of vehicles, setting up a bunch of triggers and traps and commanding a squad." He shrugs. "Plenty of other things I guess, but can't really think of them right now."

"So you're a soldier then? Or a warrior at the least." Edijar asks with a raised eyebrow.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 09:33 PM
"We should put a tracking crystal in it and set it loose in AMEN. Also, it doesn't have his essence or anything. Just his eyes."
Did they loose their eyes and ears, or did it just copy them?

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:36 PM
The Doctor perks up a bit at the 'AMEN' part, shooting a glance towards the speaker.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 09:41 PM
KR glances at the doctor, recognizing him from the whole Cynthiapocalypse thing. Man, if she knew what he did with Cynthia's blood...
:furious:
But she doesn't. So all is well. For now.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 09:42 PM
I'll be careful with it, but I don't think releasing it on AMEN would be a bad idea. What if it starts getting more than body parts?

Len takes the cup and coaster.

Murska
2010-10-18, 09:45 PM
"So you're a soldier then? Or a warrior at the least." Edijar asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Not exactly. You pick up a lot while on the road. I've been in training, though. People wanted to make me a leader." He smiles cynically. "Wouldn't have been too bad, but I didn't really feel like staying for other reasons."

Murkus
2010-10-18, 09:46 PM
KR glances at the doctor, recognizing him from the whole Cynthiapocalypse thing. Man, if she knew what he did with Cynthia's blood...
:furious:
But she doesn't. So all is well. For now.

The Doctor spots her, turning and quirking an eyebrow. "Excuse me. Weren't you one of those crazed people who wanted to murder that girl in my hospital?" He chuckles grimly. "Whoops, not a hospital any more. Slag pit. Righto."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 09:50 PM
"We should put a tracking crystal in it and set it loose in AMEN. Also, it doesn't have his essence or anything. Just his eyes."
Did they loose their eyes and ears, or did it just copy them?

I'll be careful with it, but I don't think releasing it on AMEN would be a bad idea. What if it starts getting more than body parts?

Len takes the cup and coaster.

"I'm with Len on this one. We don't know what else it is picknig up from us. For all we know, if we release it in there it'd pick up on all the evil they have, and become a horrid monster."

Tobias has never had only encountered an Amen member once, but he has had it explained to him what it is.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 09:55 PM
KR glares at the doctor (not to be confused with The Doctor :smalltongue:) coldly. Glaaare.
"Yes, I wonder who destroyed 'your' hospital? Certainly not us. In fact, that 'girl' almost killed me." :smallannoyed:
True story. She's spend the past month recovering. Practically aeons, by Nexus standards.
"And let's just ignore that she was going to destroy the world."

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:00 PM
"Maybe we should send it to GloG, so it can become a force for hope and justice instead?" Tavlii asks jokingly, knowing they're right.

Murkus
2010-10-18, 10:03 PM
"Some might think you could've assaulted her outside. She might've left before you decided to stage your little private war." Adrian shrugs nonchalantly, returning her glare. "Instead, hundreds of innocent people died. My friends, coworkers, patients. Thanks for thinking of the little people, though." He gives a grim little smile, narrowing his eyes.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 10:06 PM
KR shrugs as well, unaffected by Adrian's little tirade.
"Is that meant to make me feel guilty? People die in war."

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:10 PM
"Maybe we should send it to GloG, so it can become a force for hope and justice instead?" Tavlii asks jokingly, knowing they're right.

"Nah, they haven't done anything to us yet." Tobias jokes back, grinning a bit. "I think Len can keep it, if that's what he wants to do. But all the same, let's put something on it so that if it breaks out, we can track him."

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:15 PM
Tavlii looks at the thing. "Done. I can find it when I need to."

UncleWolf
2010-10-18, 10:17 PM
"Not exactly. You pick up a lot while on the road. I've been in training, though. People wanted to make me a leader." He smiles cynically. "Wouldn't have been too bad, but I didn't really feel like staying for other reasons."

Edijar nods, knowing the feeling, except that he ended up staying as a leader of his men.

Of course, that got him exiled....

But he doesn't speak of that. "And how come you're here?"

Murska
2010-10-18, 10:21 PM
Edijar nods, knowing the feeling, except that he ended up staying as a leader of his men.

Of course, that got him exiled....

But he doesn't speak of that. "And how come you're here?"

"I picked the route with the green light and no rivers to bridge." He chuckles.

"That is to say, I walked."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 10:22 PM
Len closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment.

I should be able to track it as well.

Murkus
2010-10-18, 10:24 PM
KR shrugs as well, unaffected by Adrian's little tirade.
"Is that meant to make me feel guilty? People die in war."

The Doctor's face twists in disgust. "You... you nauseate me. Do you care at all about preserving life? Minimizing casualties? Or is it just a job to you? War, combat, sometimes it is necessary. Even as a man of medical profession, I concede that. But if you don't care about the people you're fighting for, you might as well be murdering them yourself."

Deadtime, unfortunately.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 10:28 PM
Tavlii looks at the thing. "Done. I can find it when I need to."

"Alright then." He nods to Len. "He's all yours."

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 10:33 PM
<Val poofs Upstairs, then!>

Kevin just smiles at her and looks around the room at the other people.

The man formerly known as Prince walks into the bar, he sits down, orders a drink and pays tye waiter. He then notices Crissy looking around and walks over. Hello ma'm, names Edgar Valentine. And what would your's be?

Crissy starts as she realises she's spoke to!
"Oh, hello. I'm Crissy, Crissy Seregon. Like, what's your name?" the tipsy blondebrunette Valley Girl half-elf says.

Recaiden
2010-10-18, 10:34 PM
"Enjoy it, Len."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-18, 10:35 PM
The Doctor's face twists in disgust. "You... you nauseate me. Do you care at all about preserving life? Minimizing casualties? Or is it just a job to you? War, combat, sometimes it is necessary. Even as a man of medical profession, I concede that. But if you don't care about the people you're fighting for, you might as well be murdering them yourself."

Deadtime, unfortunately.

"If I did not care about preserving life, I would hardly be fighting for it, now would I? Sometimes individual life must be spent to protect collective life. We had the girl wounded, and in one place. There's no telling what would have happened if we had waited for her to leave of her own accord, or where she might have gone."
Then the doctor deadtimes, and KR leans back in her chair, returning her attention to the Tavern as a whole.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 10:41 PM
Edgar Valentine, former Eternal Champion and current adventurer. I am very glad to meet you.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 10:41 PM
I think I'll give it a name...

Len deadtimes, to wait for EoP.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 10:44 PM
Crissy giggles, and nods. "It's, like, totally nice to meet you too! Are you new in town?" she asks, smiling broadly.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 10:48 PM
Yes, I am, although upon seeing what I've been missing I wish I had been here longer. I have been to more universes than you can count, and this one is possibly the most fascinating one I've seen.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:06 PM
"Well, I've only been here." Technically. "And I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else!"

Crissy sighs, as both her friends are deadtimed.

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:09 PM
I think I'll give it a name...

Len deadtimes, to wait for EoP.

"A name? Like what?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 11:11 PM
I've only been here a short while and I can see why. The gods who created this realm were certainly quite imaginative. Edgar says, then notes Crissy's sigh. Would you perhaps like a drink?

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 11:15 PM
I don't know. I'll just try to figure out something it likes.

Wait, isn't Len deadtimed? What's that? You don't care? Well fine then.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:29 PM
I've only been here a short while and I can see why. The gods who created this realm were certainly quite imaginative. Edgar says, then notes Crissy's sigh. Would you perhaps like a drink?

Crissy shakes her head. "Thank you, but I've already had quite a few," she politely refuses.

Edjar isn't named Connor or Kevin, either. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-18, 11:36 PM
((Sure Len is deadtimed, but that question doesn't take much effort, so clearly the captain could get it off before the ooze got him. :smalltongue: ))

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 11:44 PM
Ah, I sometimes forget that most do not share my tolerance for massive amounts of alcohol. Would you by the way know of any hat shops?I always make sure to get a new hat for every one of my lives. Clothes are best when old and familar, but hats are special. I use them to keep track off my lives I guess, I can generally remember the hat I wore much better than what I actually did.

The Bushranger
2010-10-18, 11:47 PM
"Um..I think I, like, totally do," Crissy says. As she gives Edjar directions to Cecily's Millinery und Hat Magic!

"You can't miss it, it's the shop on chicken legs," she giggles.

Before deadtiming.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-18, 11:48 PM
((Sure Len is deadtimed, but that question doesn't take much effort, so clearly the captain could get it off before the ooze got him. :smalltongue: ))

((The you was actually referring to me, making a deadtimed character do something. )):smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-18, 11:49 PM
Thank you m'lady. Says Edgar, leaving. But he'll be back. He is the man formerly known as Prince, and he is always back.

Kyrian
2010-10-19, 08:44 AM
Marcie grins back. "You in for treat. Is delicious.

And Paige now arrives with the bamhacon!

...for the record, neither she or Val seem to have noticed the other's presence. :smalltongue:

Drew stares at the plate for a moment or five. Then cautiously reaches out to take some of the food.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-19, 09:26 AM
She rolled her eyes, smiling. "If you say so."

For old times sake, at least. You look different from when I last saw you, why is that?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-19, 09:38 AM
"It's complicated." she said. "Basically... have you ever heard of the Realmswalkers?"

Murkus
2010-10-19, 10:30 AM
"If I did not care about preserving life, I would hardly be fighting for it, now would I? Sometimes individual life must be spent to protect collective life. We had the girl wounded, and in one place. There's no telling what would have happened if we had waited for her to leave of her own accord, or where she might have gone."
Then the doctor deadtimes, and KR leans back in her chair, returning her attention to the Tavern as a whole.

"A hospital sounds like collective life to me." The doctor remarks, his drink momentarily forgotten. "And that's exactly it. You had no idea. But you went after her anyway, rather than watch and wait, and it resulted in the death of hundreds of innocent people." He glares at her impetuously. The doctor seems quite ready to condemn KR. "Now, if that's not a botched operation, I don't know what is."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-19, 10:45 AM
"Watch and wait for her to escape to who knows where and try again, you mean. If you noticed, when she destroyed the hospital she was half dead. Even in her weakened state she was able to nearly kill us all. Waiting for you to nurse her back to health would have been the real mistake."
KR replies.

Murkus
2010-10-19, 10:53 AM
"In case you didn't notice, she wasn't wounded at all when the fight began." Adrian says. "The girl had some sort of regeneration ability. She hardly even needed my help." Adrian finally takes another sip of his Shadow. "Which essentially means you had two options: wait to see if she'd leave, or attack right then. You couldn't have known what would happen if you'd waited. You might've saved a lot of lives. Instead, you committed to the path that you knew would lead to the deaths of innocent people." He smiles contemptously again. "And you don't feel anything. Not the remotest doubt in your own decisions. Christ, that's... wow. You're a real piece of work."

Reinholdt
2010-10-19, 11:07 AM
A small cardboard box has been set up in the corner of Trog's. Behind it sits a catboy, his tail swishing behind him as he sips at a Nuka-Cola.
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/ButlerGaiaFlirtingnormal.png

In front of the cardboard box on a white sign is doodled:

Butler's Tours
Tips Aper Arpe Apprek Liked

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-19, 11:26 AM
"I don't deal in what ifs." KR says, expression stony and body rigid.

Murkus
2010-10-19, 11:41 AM
He looks... very angry at that last comment. "That's all you can say? 'I don't deal in what ifs'?" He pauses, as if expecting an answer. "No. Because you don't want to doubt your own actions. Of course not. You don't want to even consider the possibility that you might've been wrong. Because if you were, it might partially be your fault. And the big damn heroes can't have that, can they?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-19, 12:15 PM
"It's complicated." she said. "Basically... have you ever heard of the Realmswalkers?"

I think I may have met one, or two, if you're saying that you are one, before.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-19, 12:26 PM
"Yeah." she nods. "We gain power by meeting parallel versions of ourselves, but at a point we have to choose one of those selves at a time. When we met, I was probably a different self."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-19, 12:32 PM
I get it now. So that's why your aura was different, I could sense the you that I met before in there, but all of the other yous that you are were also there.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-19, 12:43 PM
"Probably." she nodded.
"...say..." she asked, curiously. "Do I remember something about you and denim magic?"

Zefir
2010-10-19, 01:09 PM
Butler's Tours
Tips Aper Arpe Apprek Liked

Andy takes his book into a bag and had to cardboard box.

"Hello. You make tours around the Nexus?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 01:49 PM
"I don't deal in what ifs." KR says, expression stony and body rigid.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!
:smallamused::smalltongue:

-------------------------------------------

Drew stares at the plate for a moment or five. Then cautiously reaches out to take some of the food.

Marcie, on the other hand, takes some of the bamhacon enthuiastically.

Drew will, of course, discover that it is delicious. :smalltongue:

---

Crissy is dozing at her table, chin in her hand.

Morty
2010-10-19, 02:03 PM
Crissy is dozing at her table, chin in her hand.

Dorotha tries to nudge Crissy. Well, Crissy, it's been fun, but I think we should go back... and go to Taverna Generica next time. Unless you want to finish talking with Kevin, of course. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-19, 02:04 PM
He looks... very angry at that last comment. "That's all you can say? 'I don't deal in what ifs'?" He pauses, as if expecting an answer. "No. Because you don't want to doubt your own actions. Of course not. You don't want to even consider the possibility that you might've been wrong. Because if you were, it might partially be your fault. And the big damn heroes can't have that, can they?"

"Don't jump to conclusions where there aren't any. I don't deal in what ifs, because in the end success is what matters. In this case, I believe we took the best option available to us. But even of we hadn't, by some crippling oversight there was a much fluffier alternative that didn't result in you being a poor sad puppy who lost all his friends, I still wouldn't care one bit what you thought of me. Recognizing my own mistakes is one thing, dwelling in nebulous alternatives and needlessly punishing imperfect successes is another. There is no such thing as a flawless victory. Therefore, the only outcome unnacceptable to me is failure. I'm not in this for glory, or to be a 'big damn hero.' Those concepts are immaterial to me." She stands up, putting both her hands on the table, and for the first time, giving Doctor Rein a look of sheer disgust, just as hateful and vitriolic as his own.
"I came here to relax, and maybe follow-up on a few leads, but evidently that's not going to happen, is it? Enjoy your drink. Maybe one day you'll get your head out your ass and earn the right to it.
She scoops her coat off the chair next to her and shrugs it on, leaving without another word.

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 02:07 PM
Dorotha tries to nudge Crissy. Well, Crissy, it's been fun, but I think we should go back... and go to Taverna Generica next time. Unless you want to finish talking with Kevin, of course. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

"Hm, what? Oh. Um."
Crissy blinks in surprise as she wakes up.
"Um, well, it's, like..."
She looks back and forth between Dorotha and Kevin, clearly torn between heading back with her friend, and staying with her other friend...

Morty
2010-10-19, 02:10 PM
I suppose we can stay a bit longer. There's no rush, says Dorotha.

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 02:12 PM
The door to the tavern is opened, and a rather frightening beast ducks inside. The eleven foot tall purple demon surveys the tavern with gleaming, plate-sized yellow eyes, adjusting its monocle as it does so. With a strange, three-legged gait, Eig'Quzi makes its way to a table, where a modified stool is quickly put into position by scurrying bar-staff. The tuxedo-glad monstrosity waves one of its huge spiked arms, and is brought a cup of tea just as quickly. The demon exchanges some gold coins and accepts the hot beverage with one of its smaller arm, the pair with actual hands. It sips the cup of tea, incredibly daintily for a beast that can't even close its mouth because its huge teeth would impale its upper jaw.

"Mmm, quite good, as always. Good chap."

The Bushranger
2010-10-19, 02:20 PM
Crissy looks relieved to hear Dorothea's comment, and giggles.
"Um, thanks...hey, so, like, have you found anybody yet?"

((Back soon))

Earl of Purple
2010-10-19, 02:30 PM
The blue-eyed rat-like creature, slightly larger than rats usually get, tries to gnaw its way through the coaster. Unlike the glass, it actually has a chance of doing this. I'd advise Len to pick it up before he gets bitten again. Its wolf-like ears twitch about the conversation, but it doesn't really understand what has been said. Those who have devised a way of tracking it should keep in mind that it won't be this creature for long before changing. Well, it might be, but it'll bite somebody first chance it gets.

Murkus
2010-10-19, 02:45 PM
Dr. Rein looks impetously at her as she finally reacts with something other than stony aloofness. It rattles him, almost unnoticeably, and he's prepared to reply when... KR gets up and leaves.

He almost opens his mouth to speak, blinking and staring after her, before glancing back to his drink. Stewing, thinking, considering.

Something snaps in that heavy mind of his. The things he's been up to lately, then the hospital incident, now that goddamn woman. They all pile on top of eachother, and almost push him to do something very impulsive.

But no. He was better than that, infecting her with some exotic disease for petty 'revenge'. She hadn't done the deed. Not directly, anyway. She sure as hell didn't seem to care about the lives of the people in that hospital, whatever she might've said. The ends did not always justify the means. Yes, yes. That was true. He knew he was right, in that respect.

Was he really above it, though? Did he really care? Why would it matter if he tried to snuff out this one insignificant little woman and all her friends? Why should he concern himself with it? Not like she was concerning herself with the incident at the hospital.

He smiles a little. In that decaying mind of his, it started to make sense. Maybe he'd take a lesson from that Empty bastard on this one.

Kyrian
2010-10-19, 02:51 PM
Marcie, on the other hand, takes some of the bamhacon enthuiastically.

Drew will, of course, discover that it is delicious. :smalltongue:

As Drew takes a bite...

Drew discovers that it is delicious!

Reinholdt
2010-10-19, 03:05 PM
Andy takes his book into a bag and had to cardboard box.

"Hello. You make tours around the Nexus?"

"I gives tours, yes sir. I can show you around Inside, Outside, the Magcave, GLoG, AMEN, WATCHTOWER, and a few other places sir." :smallsmile:

Was he really above it, though? Did he really care? Why would it matter if he tried to snuff out this one insignificant little woman and all her friends? Why should he concern himself with it?

Because it would make Butler very sad. :smallfrown:

And prove that he's no doctor at all and just concerned about being right rather than actual lives. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 03:12 PM
Dr. Rein looks impetously at her as she finally reacts with something other than stony aloofness. It rattles him, almost unnoticeably, and he's prepared to reply when... KR gets up and leaves.

He almost opens his mouth to speak, blinking and staring after her, before glancing back to his drink. Stewing, thinking, considering.

Something snaps in that heavy mind of his. The things he's been up to lately, then the hospital incident, now that goddamn woman. They all pile on top of eachother, and almost push him to do something very impulsive.

But no. He was better than that, infecting her with some exotic disease for petty 'revenge'. She hadn't done the deed. Not directly, anyway. She sure as hell didn't seem to care about the lives of the people in that hospital, whatever she might've said. The ends did not always justify the means. Yes, yes. That was true. He knew he was right, in that respect.

Was he really above it, though? Did he really care? Why would it matter if he tried to snuff out this one insignificant little woman and all her friends? Why should he concern himself with it? Not like she was concerning herself with the incident at the hospital.

He smiles a little. In that decaying mind of his, it started to make sense. Maybe he'd take a lesson from that Empty bastard on this one.

Eig'Quzi's eyes roll over to Dr. Rein, the yellow orbs staring through him. The large-mouthed demon's expression is unreadable.

"Angry?"

Did... he just speak softly? :smallconfused: But Eig, you told me and everyone else that your vocal cords didn't allow you to be quiet! :smallannoyed:

Murkus
2010-10-19, 03:13 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Obviously enough, Adrian's a little on-edge right now. To say the least.

"You... could say that." He looks at the demon, surprised.

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 03:32 PM
Eig'Quzi nods its huge head.

"Yes. She was rude, and uncaring. Do... You seek vengeance?"

The demon's expression is now clearly leering. And yet... promising. :smalleek: The glimmering eyes seem encouraging and full of understanding. An illusion, of course, though one would have to be skilled in magic to spot it.

Murkus
2010-10-19, 03:48 PM
"I... don't know." The Doctor looks confused, very apprehensive. In part, because he's speaking to a huge demon. He's seen scary things over the past few days off-world, but Eig is fairly frightening. "I'm not usually so petty. But she doesn't seem to care about anything other than 'success'. Her precious victory. It's... infuriating." He narrows his eyes, looking back to his Shadow.

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 03:53 PM
"Indeed. Some people like to think they live in their own perfect world, and that their actions don't effect anyone around them besides their friends and themselves."

Eig'Quzi's words are smooth and calming, yet infuriating at the same time.

"Some people need to be taught a lesson."

Reinholdt
2010-10-19, 03:55 PM
"SIR!"

Eig'Quzi may get interrupted by having one Butler glomp his leg and look up at him.
"Hi sir!" :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-10-19, 03:59 PM
Eig'Quzi's huge eyes turn down to Butler, curious and confused. :smallconfused: The demon sets down his tea and tries to gently pry the catboy off his leg with one hand while tipping his tophat with the other.

"Hello, sir. And who are you?"

Have... they met? :smallconfused: *Doesn't keep track of characters >.>*

Reinholdt
2010-10-19, 04:02 PM
They totally met. Eig'Quzi was the one who told Butler he wasn't getting tortured back when he joined up to worship Dal!
Who he's totally not remembered to pray to at all. >>
But he still likes Jorje! And lahvs Eig'Quzi! Cause he's a great person who makes Butler feel better!

"I'm Butler B. Butler sir. Remember sir?"

Murkus
2010-10-19, 04:04 PM
"Well, I'm not sure about her. But you have a point." Adrian smiles a smile that might remind Eig of a certain odd customer at his hat-shop. "Depends on how lethal a lesson you intend, however."

He shoots Butler a curious glance. How odd.