PDA

View Full Version : Let Me In

Kjata
2010-10-18, 04:32 AM
Yeah, It's been out for a few weeks, but I just saw it. I couldn't find a thread with ctrl+f, so if there's already an old one, I couldn't find it.

Anyway, who else has seen this? What were your thoughts? The ending left me with a weird feeling.

I've never acually seen kids get killed in a movie, and now I know why. It's goddamn disturbing.

Anyway, I thought i was a fantastic movie. It had a lot of funny and sweet moments, that also had an underlying creepiness to it.

When she kisses him after feeding, and then he has blood on his lips, I had three feelings. Aww:smallredface:, Hahaha, and WTF?:smallconfused:

Anyway, if you haven't, go see it. If you don't like it, I'll send you your $10. No, not really. I'm already very broke and Magic cards and Warhammer ain't cheap.

Serpentine
2010-10-18, 04:38 AM
Huh. I guess it's significantly different to the original Let The Right One In, then.

I've heard it's not as good as Let The Right One In, but still a good movie in its own right. Anyone who's seen both care to comment?

GodGoblin
2010-10-18, 05:16 AM
Ive only seen the original film, Ill probably go see the new one soon if its out in the UK. I do love a good ol vampire film

thompur
2010-10-19, 11:28 AM
I thought it was excellent! I haven't seen the Swedish Original, but after seeing 'Let Me In', I now want to see 'Let the Right One In'!

Chaelos
2010-10-19, 01:43 PM
I enjoyed it more than the original, which was also fantastic. The way this new one was shot is absolutely gorgeous, and I appreciated the exclusion of the (largely irrelevant, in my estimation) gender question in the new film. That said, the only thing I didn't care for in the new one was Abby's vampire form; whenever it moved, it reminded me of Gollum.

Highly recommended.

AerykVyrion
2010-10-20, 10:37 AM
I also agree that Let Me In was slightly better than Let The Right One In, mostly because of pacing. But there were a few moments in Let The Right One In that were definitely better (i.e. the "entering without permission" scene). Still both really good movies though.

Eric Tolle
2010-10-23, 08:17 PM
Let the Right One In was a brilliantly evocative film where the horror was very subtle. Let Me In was yet another American film based on a foreign film where they took the script and took out everything that made the original good. They might as well had sparkly vamps in it.

At least we can look forward to Michael Bay's version of "The Seventh Seal", aka "Seal 7".

Jaros
2010-10-24, 04:02 AM
Let the Right One In was a brilliantly evocative film where the horror was very subtle. Let Me In was yet another American film based on a foreign film where they took the script and took out everything that made the original good. They might as well had sparkly vamps in it.

Really? Because all (reliable) sources I've heard have said Let Me In has done a fantastic job, and could even be better for English-speaking audiences than Let the Right One In when you factor in all the complaints about bad subtitles.

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out over here personally (as well as finally being able to find a copy of/see the original)