PDA

View Full Version : Flux Adept

Morithias
2010-10-18, 07:43 AM
In Dragon 317 there is a class called 'flex adept' that at level 3 gets an ability that literally allows it to get substance from anything (a.k.a you can treat say Gold or Steel as food).

However there is the trouble that even though you CAN do such a thing, it doesn't give you the MEANS to do so. It doesn't make your teeth strong enough to chew adamantine.

However the Monk (yes I know), has both the power to treat any body part (such as teeth) as an unarmed attack, and at level 16 can treat their attacks as adamantine (a.k.a strong enough to eat such things).

However the earliest I can get the 'iron stomach' ability is level 6. And you need 16 monk levels to get adamantine ki, so I'm wondering if anyone knows anyway to get a similar ability that is permanent, preferably at a very low level (as the ability to eat a table isn't really all that powerful). I'd like to avoid having to persist a spell every day or use wish, if possible.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-18, 07:45 AM
Just get an adamantine dagger and cut your food into easily-swallowed chunks.

Or an adamantine pestle and mortar, and grind them into dust.

Morithias
2010-10-18, 07:47 AM
Just get an adamantine dagger and cut your food into easily-swallowed chunks.

Or an adamantine pestle and mortar, and grind them into dust.

Yeah those can work too. Good idea, but it would be quite funny to eat it with your hands. Just pick up a piece of masonry and take a bite, the way you always see the stupid big eat in cartoons do it. (Jimmy Two Shoes with Bezee, Matter Eater Man from the comics, and so on).

Edit: Wait, I just realized something. The only thing that determines if you can break an object with an attack is hardness, I just need to get the damage of the unarmed attack high enough. XD Wow I'm stupid.

Eldan
2010-10-18, 08:02 AM
An alternative method would be getting DR/adamantine yourself as, unless I'm mistaken, that would make your natural attacks also count as adamantine. Mineral warrior template is a possibility.

hewhosaysfish
2010-10-18, 08:02 AM
Adamantine dentures?

EDIT:
@Eldan
DR/Magic makes your natural weapons count as magical...
DR/Epic makes your natural weapons count as epic...
...but there's nothing about matrial DR or alignment DR (although people keep assuming there is).

Eldan
2010-10-18, 08:08 AM
Ah. My mistake, then. Forget what I said and go with adamantine dentures.

true_shinken
2010-10-18, 08:41 AM
Adamantine mouthpick?