PDA

View Full Version : A little help here - Gish blaster

Eldan
2010-10-18, 10:10 AM
Okay, so, I'm in a Gestalt game, at level 30. I want to build a gish character, which should be a) a fey and b) fire/desert focused.

So far, my basic idea was to take Pixie on one side and go Sorcerer 4/Crusader 2/Jade Phoenix mage 10/Abjurant champion 5.

That's the basics. Now, I certainly want something to fill the rest of those levels, but I'm not quite sure what. I have 10 levels on the caster side, and another 26 on the other, where I'll likely boost my fighting abilities more.

so, any good ideas?

Eloel
2010-10-18, 10:21 AM
Sylph + 22 outsider HD on one side
Anything that sounds cool (or gives the fire theme) on the other side

Eldan
2010-10-18, 10:22 AM
And how would I just be getting 20+ Outsider HD?

Eloel
2010-10-18, 10:25 AM
And how would I just be getting 20+ Outsider HD?

Just keep advancing the Sylph. Outsider HD is great, and is better than great when it gives Sorcerer casting.

The Glyphstone
2010-10-18, 10:47 AM
Great Modthulhu: Moved to Roleplaying Games instead of Homebrew. Burble.

Coidzor
2010-10-18, 08:30 PM
B...Burble? :smallconfused: That's not a good sound... Need to take the popcorn maker into the shop, perhaps...

Are you single-classed for the PrC levels or can you take base classes opposite of them?

Funnily enough this was my first google hit for sylphs... (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546486/Sylph_Racial_Class)

A string of dips could be good though.

I'm not sure if it will mesh, but Duskblade 3 will get you arcane channeling and since certain maneuvers are standard action attacks, you could attach carry-ons to those with the arcane channeling.

Cloistered cleric for a dip? Inquisition Domain would be of help when you'd have to dispel things in order to blast. You'd have... plenty of uses of turn undead as well with your charisma focus from Sorcerer.

What alignment are you shooting for? Paladin 2 is a classic suggestion for high CHA builds with levels to spare.