PDA

View Full Version : Chaos' Flywheel-Group B

Terumitsu
2010-10-18, 08:26 PM
(OOC-Thread) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172418)

Group B
{table=head]Player|Character|Color
mootoall|Rylie (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243999)|"Forest Green"
Shyftir|Nighthawk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240877)|"Dark Slate Grey"
The Tygre|Xed Madjeer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=245161)|"Olive"
Tsumeken|Aurora (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=245890)|"Crimson"
Cardea|Sulet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=245861)|"Dark Olive Green"
[/table]

Welcome to Windcord, traveler!

Here you are, just inside the gates of Windcord and standing in the wide, white marbled main street of the market district. In normal times, there would be the sound of bells and chimes from the Temple District mingling with that electric air of magic from the Ruinc Quarter as one strode down the lane, smelling the sweet scents of frying food as cooks waft the delectable smells toward passerbys. There would be a nearly impenetrable din of of shouts and calls as merchants advertised at the top of their lungs or haggled heatedly with a customer. There would be laughs and yells and cat-calls with the subtle yet everpresent clink of gold changing hands. There would be a lot of things... But not now

Right now, the noon-day sun has just reached it's apex and yet the usual clamor of the market is muted. Several stalls are empty and one or two shops are locked up tight. There is a worried tension in the air and many people have taken to wearing white masks, some embroidered with a rose design upon them, in hopes of warding off the dreadful disease known as the Wasting. The white pavement seems a little grey now and the days simply seem as if it is just yesterday come again only with perhaps a new body or two to add to the charnel pile. The Temple District is more full than ever and even the Runic Quarter is seeing unpresidented traffic. However, one would be wrong to think this included throngs of people. In truth, most are at home, hiding or caring for a loved one who is slowly degenerating into a husk before their eyes.

Welcome to Windcord, traveler... May your stay be both lucky and brief..

((Alright, Group B, you can start poaking around your surroundings. I'll get things rolling once someone stumbles upon the right thing or when enough time has passed. Have fun now!))

mootoall
2010-10-18, 09:04 PM
Rylie flutters about the city, concerned, looking at the slowly degrading city. It had been so lively, so much ... more. Now, just as the people were wasting, the city seemed wasted. Yet the buzz of magic from the Runic Quarter seemed the most lively thing in the city, and the magic felt connected deep in her blood. So above that is where Rylie flew. The knife on her hip felt awkward and unfamiliar. It had been far too many years since she had weilded it. In fact, everything she carried felt very odd. She felt rather that she should be with her master and companion, Paizo. But to find the cause of the Wasting was her cause, and find it she would. She was a spark of bright greens and reds in this dull, off-white city.

Spot check I guess? [roll0] I'm not sure of the modifier, as my phone won't go to Mythweavers and I'm away from home ... Edit: found it. It's +18, meaning that's a 23.

Cardea
2010-10-18, 09:30 PM
It was still running through his head that he got supported to go off to some place so remote. With his experience, he felt a little bit insulted that no one argued against him. But he tried to push that thought out of his head. Right now, he had to focus on this Wasting disease. Probably just some Wizard with a bad Cantrip or two. Or an 'Un'holy Man. Priests of Evil Deities usually do things to the body that you don't notice at first, by his experience.

He pulled Potluck along the marketplace, keeping a close hold on his reigns, to prevent him from trying to bite food from the stalls. He'd already lost... 433 gold, 82 silver and... who knows how much copper, in repaying food vendors for his friend's misbehavior.

He took note of the white masks people seemed to be buying. They probably weren't magical, just symbolic. To each his own. Sulet shrugged, and continued to walk around the town, keeping an eye out for anything that could prove fruitful in his investigation.

Rollin' a Spot Check for anything freakish or odd. [roll0] WHAT.

Shyftir
2010-10-18, 10:47 PM
Noon wasn't the Nighthawk's time

He felt very odd in the very ordinary clothes he was wearing. This was not his leathers and black cloak, just a merchant's garb. In fact, he was all in grey and brown except for the white face mask that he conveniently used to conceal his identity.

The mask is useful; the plague? not so much. He mused as he made his way along the street. If I can just find out what is causing this, I might be able to get back to business. His mind went back to his usual occupation of bringing down the dregs of society and he smiled behind the white face mask. So here I am playing at detective, and trying to solve the cities problems, like some kind of hero. He snorted at the thought, but kept his eyes peeled.

Spot check: for the unusual
[roll0]

The Tygre
2010-10-18, 11:37 PM
Walls. Buildings. It all feels so new. But it's also all so empty. The drained streets don't discourage the impression. Xed Madjeer tries to stay out of the sun, wrapping his traveling cloak around him tight. The bugbear knows that there's a magic sector nearby, and he has to stop himself from walking to it. The most magic he's ever seen is the invocations by the priests back at the cetes.

But he's supposed to be here for the caravans, to figure out why traffic has stopped on the highway. The cete needs travellers; it's literally their bread and butter. But now Xed starts to understand. Something is starting to make the people here sick and weak. Just look at them! They won't even breathe the air around here! Spirits must be as thick as fog if they're out in the streets. Xed's not aware of the fact that's he instinctively breathing in as little as possible.

The bugbear is a Dark Ranger. When the wildlife starts to turn up dead or sick, a good hunter knows that you kill the source before anything else. Well now it's time to find that source. Xed keeps his eyes on the passersby. Sooner or later, the predator will be here for his meal.

Spot: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-10-19, 01:12 AM
Aurora

Aurora circled high above the town looking down upon the throng of those below her. Flying on Snowblind had always been one of her favorite pastimes though this time it had been with purpose. Not wanting to alarm the citizenry with her sudden appearance, Aurora took Snowblind to the front gates to land and dismount. "I'll be back as soon as I can, please try to stay out of sight and trouble until I return." She hugged the bird before letting it fly off towards any nearby area where it could wait safely for her return before walking toward the gates of the city.

She was amazed at the emptiness of the town, it was like a wasteland as she wandered through, heading towards the sounds of the marketplace. Even in this time of worry and strife it seems commerce was needed,she would start there and hopefully find some answers to this town's troubles.

1d20+10spot check

Tsumeken
2010-10-19, 01:17 AM
((sorry for the double post forgot the check in the last post))
[roll0] spot check

Terumitsu
2010-10-19, 02:04 AM
((My, there seem to be a lot of spot checks going around. I think I should clarify by saying it would be best if one interacted with the background than just look really hard at it, as some of the rolls seem to suggest. Not to say that there isn't anything to see. Heh, right then. Time for a late-night post!))

For those who made a 19 or lower: There is not so much out of place at the moment in the city. Well, sure there are probably cunning thieves lurking in the back alleyways somewhere as well as some 'heated disputes' being solved in the 'gentlemanly fasion' but nothing that is really all that eyecatching. There is an industrious little goblinoid trying in vain to keep the streets clean in a corner of the market district and there happens to be a rather well dressed Jasite entering the temple in the Runic District but that's really about it. You do think that a person here or there looks a bit odd but it's probably just a trick of the light.

For those who made a 20 or better: At first, you think it's just a trick of the light but for just a moment, you swear the man standing in line, the one wearing a simple white and blue cloak over a green tunic had gold-plated elbows. It looks vaugely ceremonial. Observing him, he seems to move just a bit strangely, as if his joints were stiff from lack of use. Currently, he is in line for the salted meat vendor, suggesting that he is expecting to go on a long trip.

Tsumeken
2010-10-19, 02:45 AM
Aurora

Aurora saw nothing in particular out of the ordinary as she attempted to find something out of place or maybe someone who might have seemed different then the local folk of the market. Seeing that her scouting approach had not yielded the results she wished for she began to look to the stalls. She assumed that the merchants would know anything she wished to hear. She made her way towards a jeweler's stall, looking as if she was interested in buying anything to lure the shopkeeper over so they could talk. In truth though a small part of her hoped to find not only information, but also a trinket of some sort that may look nice on either her or Snowblind. She had a soft spot for sapphires as she scanned the jewelers wears.

Search check for sapphire laden jewelry
[roll0]

EDIT: oh sure now I get the 20

mootoall
2010-10-19, 06:39 AM
Rylie flutters to the ground, gossamer wings catching the air currents as she lands. She discreetly starts talking to a vendor, keeping an eye on the strange man. Addressing the vendor, she says "So, how's business? Tough, eh?"

Shyftir
2010-10-19, 04:35 PM
Gold elbows?

Anyone watching would have seen the Nighthawk's head tilted oddly, for a split second before the man nonchalantly slipped down a back ally and seemed to disappear.

Climb check to go up a nearby building in order to get a different angle on the situation.
Climb:

Then a hide check to go unnoticed hiding from the top of a building.
Hide: [roll]120+11

The Nighthawk easily reached the top of the building, but there where no good places to hide on its flat top. I'll have to count on nobody looking up. He glanced upward behind him. Or down.

The Tygre
2010-10-19, 05:43 PM
Gold. Shiny. Something a leader wears. Something that someone in the know wears. He needs to be tracked, or he might escape.

Hide: [roll0]

Terumitsu
2010-10-20, 01:42 AM
Aurora happens upon a jewler's shop in five seconds less than no time that just so happens to be displaying a very fine sapphire necklace with a fine silver chain to bring out the icy gleam that the gem had. The firey glitter that rubies had fit better with gold anyway. The gem mount was finely decorated with a leaf pattern, making it seem as if the gem was a drop of water about to roll off it's tip. It was likely going to be a rather valuable item what with how it was displayed in a very prominent place. It was possible there were similar items inside as such an item was quite likely a part of a set.
---

"Not as terribly as I'd expect, all things considered miss." the vendor began, somewhat preoccupied at the moment to make sure there was not a speck of dust on his wares. He sold various sorts of plates and iron cookware with the more finely detailed items on display behind him in his stall. Nothing especially valuable but something considered more or less essential. "Though perhaps I could interest you in this set of fine plates here? Made of extra sturdy ceramic so it resist breaking when you drop it. I've got a set of five for only twenty silver." the merchant says, leaning over conspiritorially to whisper [COLOR="Sienna"]"It's a reduced price, you know. I'd normally ask for at least thirty but I think I could take a hit in the pocket book what with all this... Unpleasentness going on."
---

Nighthawk could likely have been taken for a blur as he sped up the painted brick walls. It was only a two story building looking rather squat next to the four story work of masonry behind him but it was likely a better place for spying as one could still see their target accurately from this height. That and one could probably aim a good shot with a crossbow from the north corner... Not that this was any assasination, though.

It would be notably harder to blend in during the day but the grey of his garments did help a little on that. Of course, most people didn't look up so there was likely little problem for now as there was little reason for anyone to look for him at all. There also happened to be a bit of a lip to the edge of the building that was common to the construction style used in the city. A good place do dive behind just in case.
---

If there had been a street proformance going on, this segment would have been called 'Where's the bugbear?' Xed faded out of sight by simply managing to look as if he belonged where he was, though the shadows helped him a little. Either way, for a bugbear, that was no small feat.
---

The person who was subject to so much scrutiny had made his way to the head of the line and had paid for a rather large amount of meat. It wasn't armfulls but it was certainly a large enough quantity to suggest that a quarter of a pig had found it's way in there somewhere. If this person was going on a trip, then it was either a very long one or several people were involved as well. The man was slightly jerky (no pun) as he walked away, nearly running into a man (Sulet) leading a (somewhat mischevious, apparently) riding bird. He sputtered out a quick apology before saying he was in a hurry without allowing any words in edgewise and made toward the north eastern areas of the city, a residential area was actually pretty close when one went that way. The allyways in that direction were somewhat on the narrow side and the buildings were of more or less uniform height as the houses of the middle class had no need to be five story mansions. Thus it seems it would be not too difficult for each 'persuer' to find their way if they were so inclined to follow the man.

Tsumeken
2010-10-20, 04:56 AM
Aurora

Aurora was mesmerized by the necklace /pendant and found herself moving to the shopkeeper. "Excuse me sir, I would interested in knowing the price of that necklace please." She pointed the particular one out so that there would be no confusion and waited for him to return with it and it's price. When he was finished telling her the price she took a look at her funds to try and determine if she had enough while also asking him if he knew anyone around here who had been looking into this plague that was going around,as she needed information.

Diplomacy Check
[roll0]

mootoall
2010-10-20, 06:36 AM
Seeing the gold-plated man pulling away, Rylie quickly excused herself. "Well, those are fine plates indeed. But I'm afraid I've spent all I can. I wish you the best of luck." She abruptly takes to the skies and, as nonchalantly as possible, follows the man fourty feet above him. To the average man on the street, his actions might not have seemed strange, but as a market insider, Rylie knew that his purchase was odd. With the price of meat nowadays, you bought enough to survive.

Shyftir
2010-10-20, 06:25 PM
He's on the move! Nighthawk slid back from the low wall before beginning a strange sort of pursuit. Leaping from roof top to roof top as quietly as he can manage while keeping the strange man in sight, he wasn't sure why the golden elbows seemed so important to him. Always trust your instincts.

not sure how many rolls you want so I'll just throw out 6 Jump checks.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The Tygre
2010-10-20, 07:38 PM
Pork! Meat! Even if this man wasn't important, the bugbear could score a free meal. And the mission thing, too. Xed starts to follow the man with the golden elbows.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Cardea
2010-10-20, 08:54 PM
Potluck broke free from his grip. Wasn't a surprise, really; the Bird wanted meat, and all they had eaten for the past couple of days were trail rations and, much to his disgust that he actually consumed this, horse feed. So it really wasn't such a shock that the bird ran off from his grasp, in pursuit of actual food. And... to be honest... who needs that much food? If he had children, he wouldn't be able to eat all of it. If it was because he had a hunger to sate, he would be far heavier. Even if this proved embarassing, Sulet couldn't help himself. He ran behind Potluck, not saying a word, as the two of them chased the man through the streets, keeping far enough behind to stay quiet.

FOLLOWING THE MAN WITH THE MEAT.

Terumitsu
2010-10-21, 04:49 PM
The shopkeeper was a little wary of the line of questioning but he decided to go ahead and speak anyway. It wasn't as if he was going to lose anything otherwise. "Well, miss, I've heard that those Jasites down in the Runic Quarter are gathering all the information they can about this accursed disease. I'd say to ask around there if you need any information. As for that wonderful necklace out front, I happen to have a pair of earrings that go with it. It will be fourty-five gold for just the necklace or seventy-eight for the whole set. It's elven craft but I am sure you could have guessed that by having such keen eyes to spot such a work so quickly." The merchant said, getting into his salesman's stride.
---

The pottery vendor seemed a little disappointed but he bounced back rather quickly when he noticed another person walking his way. As she rose over the city, she would likely spot a man hopping from roof to roof as he too made his way in persuit of this strange man with the gilded joints. A ways back, she would easily see that a riding bird had gotten loose and it's owner was only casually making chase. Again, the target seemed to be the man with the golden elbows. How odd..

Make a Spot check. If you beat a 23 (DC increased due to the various overhangs, shadows, and thinness of some allyways that prevent a good look until one is on top of them.), assume the following contents to be added to this reply:

And moving through the shadows and being amazingly stealthy for his kind, a bugbear was also following some distance away. This couldn't be a simple coinsidence, could it?
---

Nighthawk easily cleared every jump he came across as few were farther than fifteen or so feet wide in this area of the city. As he engaged in his parkor pastime, he might notice that a riding bird followed by a man was also after the assasin's target.

However, he would not see a certain pixie as she happened to be above him a good ways. Nor would he notice the bugbear as the sides of the buildings would block his vision into many other allyways and the goblinoid was apparently very good at being sneaky. Really, it took a good top-down look at things for one to notice mostly everything.
---

Xed, being the stealthy one, wouldn't be able to see the assasin OR the pixie as he simply would not have the proper viewing angle. Too many buildings in the way. That and he was focused forward rather than up. He would see a man chasing after his riding bird who, apparently, was making a move after the man with the golden elbows. Hmm. It seems as if things were getting interesting, yes? He was being quite quiet so there was little chance for him to be noticed by anyone keeping an ear out.
---

As Sulet was near the 'front' of this strange daisy-chain of followers, he would not be able to see anything else that would perk his interest as to who else was following his target. He was lucky enough that the strange man was oblivious as to being followed. Apparently this was just a routine thing for him if he was acting in such a way... Maybe..
---

The man made his way across the residential district and down into an encroaching corner of the marketplace. Due to the ways the roads wound about, this was actually a bit of a shortcut on foot. The man casually slowed his stride and entered a shop that sold clocks and other time pieces by the name of Crok & Locke's Clocks. One could only hope that Messrs. Crok and Locke met each other by chance rather than trying to break into the market with such a silly sign for a shop.

It looked like a very fancy store so perhaps it would not be the best idea to go in charging.

The Tygre
2010-10-21, 05:19 PM
Xed continues to stay hidden. Quietly, he moves around the store per his usual ritual, just in case he needs to go inside. He maintains his stealthy position, and looks for anything unusual, more out of a practiced paranoia than strategy.

Move Silently: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

mootoall
2010-10-21, 05:23 PM
Spot![roll0] Rylie's top-down view gave her a great view of this odd following of this odder man. Perhaps his gilded elbows are magnetic Rylie chuckles to herself. As the man enters the clock shop, Rylie settles down on the roof, looking for some sort of chimney or skylight through which to sneak or listen in. If this man was drawing this much interest, he was worth following.

Cardea
2010-10-21, 05:51 PM
To try and notice the others, if I'm allowed:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Sulet grabbed onto Potluck's leash before the bird made its way closer to the store. He stroked her head to calm her down, as he took in the shop's street view. A watch store. He could always use another pocket watch. And he could always use a cover story. He tied Putluck to a post outside the store, and proceeded to walk into the shop.

If I can, I'm going into the store.
Please let me just tie Potluck to something nearby.

Tsumeken
2010-10-22, 06:54 AM
Aurora

Aurora nodded handing over 8 platinum coins to the man. "I have a knack for sapphire's, you can keep the extra sir and thank you for the information." She smiled admiring her new found acquisition as she headed for the Runic Quarter, thanking the man for his help again before leaving..

Shyftir
2010-10-22, 04:05 PM
Nighthawk stopped at the edge of a roof across the street from the clock shop and slid himself into whatever cover he could find on the roof top. While he continued to watch the doorway of the clock shop, he glanced around, casing the area.

Spot: [roll1]

If the spot goes well, I'm going to add a bit about noticing Rylie and Sulet. I have no idea whether it's even possible for me to see Xed.

The assassin saw the man tie up his riding bird and go in, but missed the pixie's small form dropping to the other roof.

Terumitsu
2010-10-22, 08:32 PM
For Xed, there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary outside. Apparently the man was just making several stops on his way home? He does hide moderately well between the buildings, though. The building he was next to happened to be a bakery, by the smell of it. Just something notable, really.
---

There was no skylight but there was a chimney. A large one at that. However, further inspection would show that the chimney had thin bars a foot or so down the chute. It was a common enough thing, actually, as it prevented birds from flying down the chimney during the summer and it also prevented theives from sliding down too. In a shop that had wares of expense and taste, it was a necessary thing, sadly.
---

Being ever cautious, Sulet might note out of the corner of his eye a person hopping roofs as well as a pixie flying overhead to land on top of the building as well as a bugbear fading into the shadows. Likely, only the pixie could be reguarded as somewhat normal as one has to expect that they need to take a rest every so often. Sulet would be able to tie Potluck to a support post easily before moving on inside.

The inner area of the rather spacious shop resounded with the constant sound of ticking. The person who set them all must have been slightly neurotic as each clock's tick was in time with all the others. So it was sort of a grating 'TICK' -quiet-'TOCK'-quiet- and so on. A man with a magnifying monocle was manning the front counter as he was carefully putting together a fine brass watch. There was nobody else in the store, however.

How very strange.

The man looked up from his work and gave a small, stiff smile."Welcome, Sah, to Crok and Locke's fine Clock emporium. I am Mister Locke. What can I interest you in? You seem to be a traveling type so perhaps I can show you this fine yet sturdy piece over here." Mr. Locke said as he pointed over to a somewhat large pocket watch with a solid brass clap over the face. "Purest quartz face you can find, Sah. We've even got a wizard in the Runic Quarter who enchants our product to ward against breakage. I bet I could hit it with a hammer and it'll be tick-tick-ticking away still." he said, picking up the timepiece to showcase it.
---

Upon leaving, Aurora would be facing the streets of the market district once more. There was little to see here that had not been seen before, yet ther was a -"Pardon me, miss, but could you help me with something?" came a male voice questioning Aurora for help. The man himself (dwarf actually) would be between the buildings with a greyish cloak and several implements hanging from his belt that identified him as of the wizardly type. He wore a slight, worried grin that was almost covered by his black beard.
---

It would take a keen eye to notice the assassin but he still goes oblivious of the bugbear. It seems that, taking the option to wait, he will remain outside for now. That aside, it might be interesting to walk on in to gather information firsthand.

mootoall
2010-10-22, 09:16 PM
Would it take an escape artist check to get in the grate? Rylie eyes the chimney apprehensively. She's fit through smaller things, but it was not the best experience ... Eh, she thought, how often do you see someone have that much meat and then shop for clocks? She tries to squeeze through the grate. Escape artist I guess! [roll0] Again, my darn phone doesn't get mythweavers ... is that the right mod?

Tsumeken
2010-10-22, 09:42 PM
Aurora

She walked over to the man making sure to keep a eye on him, though she was sur he would not do anything here in broad daylight she was cautious and tried to get a feel for him before she reached near where he stood

Sense Motive
[roll0]

She stayed at least a arms length away while she spoke to him, "How can I help you good sir? If is with directions I am afraid I may not be much help though as I have recently only come to this city." She had yet to put on her bought jewelry and for now kept them in a belt pouch around her waist.

mootoall
2010-10-22, 10:08 PM
Rylie found herself quite frustrated as she stood on the metal grate. The fact that she could stand on it at all was quite a bad sign when it came to sneaking in. Fortunately, her bag of tricks was not all used up. She called upon the magic in her blood, and willed herself smaller. And smaller. And smaller. Soon, the bars were bigger than her, and she could slip through with no problem whatsoever! Casting Reduce Self several times, until I can fit through the bars. I've seven uses today.

The Tygre
2010-10-24, 03:49 PM
Xed licks his chops at the smells from the bakery. He's tempted to see if it has anything he wants, but on the food hierarchy, 'Used to be moving' always outweighs 'was never moving'. For the moment, Xed sits and waits, keeping a close eye on the clock shop. If his prey doesn't emerge soon, or enough people enter for him to be unnoticed, then he'll go in.

mootoall
2010-10-24, 04:20 PM
Satisfied that she was able to slip through the close grate, Rylie flutters down to the bottom of the fireplace. If there is a fire, she flies through it, hoping her magical skin would protect her from the heat. Emerging on the other side, she hides behind the first large object she can see, and peeks around for Goldy. Yeah, flying through the fire if there is one. Hooray for DR! Spot and Hide: [roll0][roll1] Not sure how much Hide is boosted by size. So I guess!

Cardea
2010-10-26, 08:02 PM
"Greetins'," Sulet says, making sure he doesn't knock anything over. Between his armor and his sword, and the fact that he wasn't that graceful, being around such delicate things made him on edge. He looked around once, and seeing that there were no signs of the man from before, he looks at the one that greeted him. "I'm finding myself in need of a watch, so I find myself in here. I need to look for something that can be sturdy in combat, with no risk of breaking. The intention is to attach it to my strong arm," he says, holding out his right wrist for the man to see. "So that, in times of War, my timing will not flux."

Terumitsu
2010-10-27, 06:14 AM
"Oh it's not that at all, miss. I've just noticed that you don't seem to be from around here but you do have some taste in fine gems and jewelry from the looks of things. I was curious if I could enlist your aid as a research assistant for a short time." Well this was highly unexpected. Not to mention a little dodgy. Wizards were known for being a little quarky when it came to making deals with random passers by but the suddeness of this might be something to be wary of.

"I've noticed some strange.. Very strange going-ons as night in this city and I think they may be related to the plauge. I was wondering if you might be able to help me solve a few riddles by catch-er observing these things as they happen. I can pay well and you certainly seem like a person who knows a good deal when the see one, miss. Whaddya say?" the dwarf asked. It was lightly comical, the way he spoke. He was a little nervous, apparently, and his words came out rapidly as if he were pretending to be an auctioner. However, an opportunity to get some hands on work with mysterious things that may be related to the plauge might not be something to turn one's nose up at.
---

Xed and Nighthawk, though they were hidden in different areas, might have to wait for a bit before anything happens. Sadly there was not much to do aside from wait at the moment. But, maybe... Just maybe.. If they kept their eyes peeled, they might notice something ever so slightly interesting. Who knows... They might see something importaint even.
---

The days were still warm enough not to warrent a fire just yet so there was little problem for the fluttering fey in using the fireplace as an enterence. Finding a place to hide was laughably easy as the tiny pixie could slide under a slightly raised grandfather clock with ease. However, there was no other person in the room aside from a man in armor and the shopkeeper. There was, however, a back room as could be seen with the door behind the counter. Likely it was where one kept all the spare watch parts before they were assembled.

Mr. Locke pulled out a line of ribbon so as to wrap it around Sulet's wrist. He had a ruler on the side of the front desk so he apparently was doing this to better measure size. "Well, Sah, I've got something that I think you will like then. We've got a design made for men of battle made primarily out of a sturdy brass alloy. It comes with a spring cover like on a pocket watch to protect the face from damage and all of it has been treated with enhancing magic to make it the toughest device we sell. It runs at 120 platinum but we can arrange layaway if you need it." Mr. Locke said as he leaned close to Sulet's wrist, making sure he had the ribbon pulled firm but not tight.

mootoall
2010-10-27, 06:34 AM
Now where did Goldy go? I'm sure he came in here ... Rylie sits perplexed under the grandfather clock, listening to the tick-tock of the clocks. Actually, it was getting fairly grating. She shakes the sounds out of her ears, and, very quietly, staying out of sight, moves towards the storage room. She flutters where she has to, but ultimately tries to stay underneath or behind the huge clocks, and out of sight of the shopkeep. Move Silently: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-10-27, 08:04 AM
Aurora

Aurora did not know what to make of the man to much, her instincts told her he was strange and that was all. "That sounds like a good plan Mr... I'm sorry I did not catch your name. Perhaps we could speak of this somewhere not so..." she looked for the words so as not to offend him, "Secluded, since we both seem to be needing to travel to the Runic Quarter of the city you could lead me their from the main street. We can discuss more of your findings as I would much like to hear about it. " she had mainly hoped to at least get him from the alley and into a more crowded area so that she would not feel so unsafe, she had heard in cities of women, and even sometimes men, lure into dark alleyways only to be assaulted and robbed, sometimes worse. He seemed not the type though and she hoped he would give way to more answers to other questions she had if they were to be doing business together.

Diplomacy Check (to see if maybe I can get him to come to where I want instead of going with him up the alleyway)
[roll0]

The Tygre
2010-10-27, 01:19 PM
Any good ranger knows that you use what you have at hand. It's been ingrained into Xed. Be prepared for the worst; that's why the Madjeer cete survives. Xed inspects his surroundings, staying hidden.

Spot: [roll0]

Shyftir
2010-10-27, 10:07 PM
The first and most important virtue of the hunter's art is, and has always been patience. Nighthawk was well aware of this fact. For after all, what is an assassin but a very specific kind of hunter?

So he laid low and kept his eyes peeled. If the golden-elbowed man or some other person of interest did not leave the shop by nightfall, he would explore it under cover of darkness.

spot check:
[roll0]

Cardea
2010-10-29, 01:17 PM
"Well, sir," Sulet says, moving his wrist closer to the old man, so he could get a better measurement. "I intend to be here for the next few months under my assignment, at a minimum, so a layaway plan would be best. What would you propose for payment?"

Terumitsu
2010-10-29, 02:50 PM
It was the fluttering around that got Rylie. Mr. Locke looked up from his measuring and glanced around, stopping in mid sentence to ask a question to Sulet. "A few months? I think we could work out something to around ten platinum per week, or some trade in items of similar value if you come across any. Seen a few adventuring types in my day and- Do you hear that, Sah?" The man apparently thought that there was a fly in his shop and he couldn't stand for that sort of thing. Nasty, dirty things would land on the delicate bits of an open clock and gum them up by walking all over them.

Of course, as Sulet had only seen the fey up atop the shop, all he had were his suspisions to act upon...
---

Aurora wouldn't know this as she was new to the city but it was a fact that the back ways were used nearly as much as the main streets of Windcord. It was just that the maze behind buildings and houses and what not served as a very good series of short cuts from getting here to there. While one couldn't expect to see another person or when using the back ways all the time, it was a common enough occurance that lead to them being somewhat safer than would be expected in other cities... Somewhat. It did lead to awkward meetings like this, however. But the dwarf did not seem to be put out by the suggestion and joined Aurora on the main street. Really, it was the proper thing to do anyway as any newcomer suddenly introduced to the labrinthyne back ways would be hoplessly lost come sundown.

"Snowtop, miss. Underfel Snowtop. Least, that's my surface name. If you don't know about it, don't ask. Dwarven thing. My father and my father's father and my father's father's father have been in this moutain range for as long as the new city of Ulkaddakhas been around. Dwarven new, I mean." the coal-beared dwarf said, adding that final bit as an afterthought. "Now, I'm not sure if you have heard but there are things that run around here at night with teeth that grind out their joints, asking people the craziest of things. I've been given the sanction to find out what these things are as nobody seems to be able to give me a good description of the grak'n things or what they ask. It's like they make people want to forget them or something. Now, I think I would need to find a way to come in contact with one if I want any really substantial stuff. Right from the dragon's mouth, you know? So, I could use some help in finding one tonight if they show up. More eyes make for quicker work and all." Snowtop said as he strode confidently along the main streets to the Runic Quarter.
---

Well, one can certainly see the afternoon sun.. Laundry hanging out to dry.. A few clou-What was that?! A shimmering silver streak flashed across the tops of buildings with a faint sound of squeaking joints and whirring metal. For a moment, one could swear they saw wings on that thing. It seemed to be making a beeline to the clock tower. How very strange...

To follow or to wait, that was the question... Whatever Nighthawk or Xed choose to do is up to them.

mootoall
2010-10-29, 03:36 PM
Rylie flattens herself against the back of the grandfather clock she found herself behind. Her eyes widened, and she tensed up, her breath shortening. She knew this had been a bad idea. Then she realized something. The clocks. Tic-toc. Precise. Perfect. And everything in between was silent. A quick grin flashed across her face. What would irritate a man so precise more than a bit of chaos? Suddenly, among the ticking clocks, there was a tic-toc out of sync. Cast Ghost sound!

Tsumeken
2010-10-29, 07:21 PM
Aurora

Aurora felt better as the dwarf had gone along with her suggestion of taking the main road through town. "Well Mr. Snowtop your task sounds both daunting and intriguing, I am very grateful to have a chance of helping you with it." She continued listening to his plan as they walked before coming up with a few questions of her own. "I do have some questions Mr Snowtop and they concern that or those creature(s) you are talking about. My first is do they appear to have any set area of the city they appear in. Second, I have ways of surveying the sky of the city with the help of a childhood friend, do you believe I could without drawing unwanted attention such as guards trying to shoot us down. Lastly I may be forced to kill the creature... I don't know if it can be merely knocked unconscious or trapped as I don't have means of containing it, is this acceptable and the corpse a adequate substitute for a living beast?"

Shyftir
2010-11-02, 01:05 AM
Nigthawk was torn. The golden elbowed man was clearly suspicious and all his instincts said that he would lead him to something important, but the silvery flying something was clearly of interest and was happening now.

Making a command decision, the somewhat reformed assassin took of across the roof tops trying to track down the strange silvery... thing.

I have no idea what you would want me to roll if anything for this so I'm just gonna let you adjudicate that what you want to have happen does in fact happen.

The Tygre
2010-11-02, 05:06 PM
Xed has to face a tough decision. Either he can sit her and wait for the man with the golden elbows, or follow the pile of bolts he just saw speed by. On the one hand, the metallic thing is definitely more suspicious. On the other hand... ham. But the bugbear was sent here on a mission; to discover and root out whatever is plaguing the humans. On the other hand... ham. Xed shakes his head clear and growls. He follows after the clicking object, trying to stay hidden.

Cardea
2010-11-02, 05:22 PM
"It seems like one of your clocks is malfunctioning, sir. Perhaps you should take a look at it?" Sulet says, taking on an expression of concern. "It is... off-setting, as all the other clocks are in perfect timing, aside from that one." He turns towards the sound, his head away from the shopkeeper, and mouths: Are. You. A. Fairy.

Terumitsu
2010-11-03, 03:26 AM
"Dead? Well, I suppose that would meet the stated reqirements but I would really like it to be alive so I can ask it questions... In a manner of speaking of course. Theres always a magic for that you know." Snowtop said, rounding the corner. Off in the distance, Aurora would be able to see a slightly bent tower with a blue roof that had this unmistakeable air of wizardry to it. This also happened to make the bright blue roof to appear as a typical wizard's floppy hat in the light, something that may or may not have been intentional in the original design.

"Suppose we hit up the Silver Snapdragon? Good place to discuss buisness as everyone else is concerned with their own, you know. It's just a block past the Guild House there." Snowtop said, pointing at the tower.
---

The assasin taking the high road with the bugbear taking the low road it is! Rather than arrive somewhere with a decidedly Scottish name, with one notably faster than the other even, both happen to arrive at a small building adjacent to the clock tower at much the same time. This is due to the natural evolution of streets and so on causing one path to be more difficult than the other at terribly random intervels. But that was likely less importiant than seeing the silvery thing, looking somewhat like a bird with an arrow's head now that it was still, perch on the lip of a high window of the clocktower. It would not be terribly hard to see a bald figure come to the window and take the bird-thing inside as the window was open. It could be one of the maintenence workers but perhaps it could be something else...

One could always sneak into the back way and have a look around inside....
---

That single off tick gave Mr. Locke a start the moment he heard it. He nodded in response to Sulet's question as he immmediately became quite preoccupied with that single disjointed ticking noise. Both Sulet and Rylie would hear him muttering something about 'Mr. Crok's skills in impresision' as he sought the clock in particular that was out of beat.

The man would be distracted for but a short time as he might become rather less friendly when he finds out that there isn't a particular clock that was making the dischordant noise. Any communication that was to take place would have to happen now.

mootoall
2010-11-03, 07:49 AM
Rylie pokes her head out from behind the clock, just in time to see the man mouthing his question. She winks, nods her head, and points to the back door, indicating that her goal is to get in there. Then, she snaps her fingers, and mouths "Distract him!" At the snap, she disappears, and pads her way to the door, slipping through it, and looking carefully around. Okay, activating Greater Invisibility SLA, then going to the door. Spot once I go through it: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-11-03, 05:10 PM
Aurora

Thankful that the dwarf had been resonable she nodded, "Yes it might be better to discuss further matters while sitting down." She walked in the direction of the tower with the wizard continuing to listen to any other suggestions he had. "I'll try my best sir, perhaps I can enlist the help of others such as trackers and trappers in the city."

Shyftir
2010-11-03, 05:18 PM
Nighthawk saw the mechanical bird's retrieval and without a second thought made his way off the roof in a strange combination of climbing and jumping and then casually walked around to the clock tower's backdoor and began to jimmy the lock.

Climb check: [roll0]
Then using the wall jumper skill trick to reach the ground more quickly.
Jump check[roll1]

As for crossing the street without being noticed I'm guessing that's a bluff?
[roll2]

And finally for opening the lock:
[roll3]
You know I think this is the first time I played a real skill monkey, its kind of fun.

The Tygre
2010-11-03, 05:30 PM
Xed moves toward the building, still trying to stay incognito. As per custom, he circles the structure like its a wounded animal, looking for a way in or any detail of note.

That's about the time he notices the assassin trying to get the door open. Xed could always kill him... or he could let him open the door first. It might be trapped, after all. But the man could just be a thief trying to get inside. In his brilliant, clockwork mind of gears and ham and making coats out of human skin, Xed decides to just ask, "Who are you? Why you trying to open door?"

The Tygre
2010-11-03, 05:33 PM
Checks for various acts of sneakiness;
Search: [roll2]

Shyftir
2010-11-03, 05:56 PM
Upon hearing the bugbear's voice, Nighthawk spun to face him. The assassin dropped his lock-pick and whispered a word in elven. Instantly his hand filled with a dagger seemingly from nowhere. The human spoke through his mask, his words only slightly muffled.

"I seek the silver bird, goblin." He snarled. "This city is plagued with clockwork abominations."

Cardea
2010-11-03, 06:15 PM
Sulet nods to the fairy, and regrets the action he's about to commit. He takes the ribbon off of his wrist, and approaches the old man, putting on an expression of regret. He draws his weapon, and turns it, so the sharp edges won't find a target. "Sir! Sir! Watch out! Something's controlling me!" he shouts out, as he swings his cleaver to knock the old man out.

Oh good lord, what am I doing.
Nonlethal damage to hit the old man.
To hit: [roll0]
Nonlethal Damage: [roll1]

And also, Bluff, in case he don't believe me: [roll2]

Terumitsu
2010-11-04, 03:28 AM
While it was true that there were many shopkeepers and barmasters that were old adventurers, Mr. Locke was not one of them. He dropped like a sack of potatoes from Sulet's blow and was none the wiser to the world... For a while at least.

He might have something unkind to say when he woke up but that would be later.

As for now... Well, one would suppose that there would be some searching done inside the shop.

Rylie would find that there was a small hallway after the door, making a turn after about three or so feet to the left to a small storeroom. Many a clock part was here, several on racks and all of them under glass. It was to keep them clean of course. But no man with the golden elbows. It's not like he could have vanished into thin air or anything.. Could he?
---

"A few others along for the ride too, eh? That'll be a good idea. I can't pay 'em all though so it'll have to come outta your pocket though, if your gonna hire them." Snowtop said, leading the way to the Snapdragon. It would really be only a few minutes more before the pair got there so there likely won't be any reason as to just skip ahead a minute or two.

The tavern itself had the picture of two multi-flowered plants crisscrossing under the sign. Both were glowing with a faint silver light which would not be terribly strange what with this being the magical district after all. Inside was a particularly whimsical atmosphere with laughter and the occasional magically propelled drink drifting overhead. Snatches of a bawdy song could be heard from a table near the western end and, due to the presence of good light, there were no dark corners for mysterious hooded men to brood in. The lively atmosphere was slightly undercut with the faint feeling of restrained worry but aside from that it was particularly agreeable.

Snowtop lead Aurora to a corner booth that he said was his 'reserved seat' and seemed to be a bit more at home once he had settled in. The table itself showed evidence of inkstains and several half finished arcane formulae here and there. Apparently Snowtop did quite a bit of work here as well. "So, as a more experenced hunter than I, how would you go about catching something? I can tell you what I know about the thing but I don't think it will be all that helpful." the dwarf said. He waved at a passing barman and made a gesture. "Also, what'll you have to drink? They've got a large selction here so go ahead and order what comes to mind first." he said with a toothy grin that managed to excape his coal-colored beard.
---

Nighthawk failed to open the lock but perhaps that was due to the fact that he was interupted. That said, there was little in the way of watchers at the moment so stealth would not be terribly necessary right now. Perhaps if the two here were to cooperate, things might be finished that much quicker. Maybe the bugbear could be on the lookout while the assasin tried to get that lock open again?

Assuming they want to work together, that is.
((Go ahead and RP up an agreement or disagreement here. Also, sorry to hear of your loss in the family, Shyftir. I hope things go smoothy for you for a while.))

mootoall
2010-11-04, 06:20 AM
Rylie frowned, her expressive fae face hidden by the fact that she was, well, invisible. She flutters back into the room, and lands beside the prone body of the shopkeep. Snapping her fingers once more, returning back to visibility, she says "Well goodness, that's gonna leave a lump. Pity I didn't find anything back there. My name's Rylie, strong man, what's yours? Care to help me search the back?"

Cardea
2010-11-04, 09:50 AM
Sulet looks at the old man, and back to the fairy, then back to the old man. With the hand not gripping his weapon, he smacks himself in the face. He rubs his temples. "This is not how this day was supposed to go..." he mumbles. He turns to the fairy, sheathing his weapon. "Hi. Rylie? Rylie. Okay. I'm Sulet. I was going to prop him behind the counter first, but... you know what? That might wake him. Let's go in the back. Did you see anybody with a large amount of meat in his hands? I'm looking for him."

Tsumeken
2010-11-04, 11:12 AM
Aurora

She nodded taking in his words to heart and then wondering something else, "Will you be accompanying me in this endeavor Mr Snowtop? I've done such tasks before and usually the employers are... less then eager to get their own hands dirty." She had tried to word so as not offend but remembered that dwarves had short tempers at times. She hoped he would understand and not become offended.

mootoall
2010-11-04, 11:38 AM
"Yeah, I saw him. He was very ... fishy." Rylie chortles at her almost-pun. "That's why I came here in the first place. But I couldn't find him back there. Hold on a tic." She places a hand on the shopkeep's brow, her hand sparking with fey energy, and he seems to lull into a more restful sleep "There, now you can do what ya want with him. Then let's look for Goldy. Didn't like the cut of his jib." Cast Sleep SLA.

The Tygre
2010-11-04, 05:24 PM
"I follow bird too. You have way in? Was going to break door, but you go in quiet. Is much better." While he says this, Xed keeps his hand on one of his axes, and it's obvious from his stance that he's ready to move if he has to.

Shyftir
2010-11-04, 10:04 PM
"Fine, watch my back. I'll need a few minutes." With that Nighthawk turned back to the lock. The dagger in his hand disapeared, as he dipped to retrieve his lock-pick. This time the assassin took his time trusting the goblinoid to watch his back.

Open lock: taking a ten.
So an Open Lock check of a 17.

Terumitsu
2010-11-07, 03:53 AM
((My apologies on the delay.))

Well, Mr. Locke was now in a less concussively induced state of unconciousness. Which would likely be good for him as any person wound up enough to set all the clocks to tick at the same time obviously wasn't getting enough rest. He would be able to be propped up with relative ease, should such be attempted, leaving the pair free to turn the shop upside down for whatever clues there were, be they hidden or in plain sight.
---

Snowtop guffawed at Aurora's statement. "It seems you haven't met many dwarves." he said with a smile. "Getting our hands dirty is second nature to us. I wouldn't be asking for help if I didn't need it." he said, still grinning. Perhaps some dwarves were short in temper but apparently the only thing Snowtop appeared to be short in was... Well, it would be obvious just looking at him. And not in the money department either as his clothes were obviously of good style.
---

Sadly, the picking of the lock was a failure. Nighthawk may want to try and work on his infiltration skills next chance he got. That and perhaps invest in some high-quality lockpicks. One could always try the noisy way if the pair really wanted to get inside that badly. Or perhaps a side-trip to a shady alleyway would be helpful.

There was also the option of trying to get in via the second story window but that could risk one being seen.

Or, the duo could wait until someone came out. But that could be a while.

((Shyftir, you might want to invest in actually having lockpicks at all as I see none on your charactersheet as of this posting. I'll let slide with a -2 penalty for improvised tools for now but doing so will net you in me imagining Nighthawk having a few bobby pins ferreted away somewhere. Which is kinda funny, actually.))

The Tygre
2010-11-08, 01:07 AM
Xed snorts, "Bah! I thought you could bust door! What this, eh? It take less time to skin deer than you spend on fiddling that door, and it doesn't even budge! What we do now? I should bust open door for you, I should? Or we do this right way and hunt?"

Tsumeken
2010-11-08, 02:34 AM
Aurora

Aurora chuckled at the dwarves words, it was true she had not known to many dwarves in the artic wastes as they weren't usually ones to associate with Druidic circles. "Thank you Mr. Snowtop. I will look forward to working with you then, but before hten do you know anywhere I migh be able to rest for our task and my mount... he is different then a normal creaure one would usually stable." She decided he should know so that he could help and trusted him enough to tell him about Snowblind, "My mount is a giant snowy owl. I do not wish to cause alarm to the citizens, but I would like to have him closer so he'd be readily available."

Shyftir
2010-11-08, 01:25 PM
"I usually just go in through the windows." Nighthawk says dryly. I've got to get myself some proper lock-picks. He thought as he slipped the little piece of metal back into a pocket. He had found the make-shift lock-pick on his last kill's body. I'll just have to kill a better class of thief next time.

"Well I can try the window but it's a bit conspicuous before nightfall. You can break down the door if you want, but I'd rather meet back here and do this at night." The assassin glanced at the Bugbear wondering what the big goblinoid would want to do.

mootoall
2010-11-08, 02:29 PM
Rylie, satisfied by the resolution to the watchful shopkeeper problem, snaps her fingers once again, and returns to normal size. She's still not exactly big, but she's bigger. "Alright, strong man, you prop him up, I'm gonna take a look around back. Come join me when you've got him." She goes back to the back room, and gives it a good once over, snooping around for anything odd. Taking ten on a search check. Trap doors, secret levers, gold shiny things and MEAT!!!!

The Tygre
2010-11-08, 08:53 PM
"Fine. I will stay here and watch. But first, I need food. I can keep here all day, quiet as mouse, but only with food. Either you go get me food, or I go get food and you stay and watch. Or we could both stay; your hand looks crunchy. Like squirrel."

Shyftir
2010-11-09, 02:58 AM
"I believe I can pick you up some food. I'll get the rest of my equipment and bring some rations. I should return in about an hour." With that Nighthawk slipped away moving through the back alleys as was common in Windcord doing nothing to attract undue notice.

He reached his cache easily and changed into his normal black "working" cloak. He also retrieved his bow and a few other items of interest. On his way back toward the clock tower, he snagged some bread and fruit from a street vendor leaving what he considered fair coin for the items.

slight of hand for the swapping of coin for food:
[roll0]

Terumitsu
2010-11-10, 08:57 AM
((You know.. the more I hear Xed 'speak,' the more I ascribe a Russian accent to him.. Which is awesome. Also, I'm assuming that Xed is still hiding somewhat here. Hope you don't mind. I can easily alter it if you think it should be otherwise.))

Nighthawk would be gone for a hour? Well then, he may just miss out on things.. Or he might come in to save the day. Who knows?

In any case, About twenty minutes after the assasin had left, the door creaked open as two men in sturdy clothes walked out. One was carrying tools, it seemed. Due to Xed's phenominal hiding abilities, they simply passed right by him although one stopped for a moment to lock the door with a brass key. He stowed it in his back pocket and continued on. Not to say they were out of sight now or anything but Xed would have to decide if he wanted to do anything about them or their posessions quickly. He could always wait for Nighthawk to come back, though.

As for the assasin, his quick trade of coin for goods went unnoticed although the merchant would likely be a little confused later on. Otherwise, his trek would be uneventful as he has yet to have any sort of notoriety in the city.
---

Snowtop's grin froze for a moment as his brain asked his ears exactly what he had just heard. Upon getting the answer that he had indeed just heard 'Giant Snowy Owl Needing A Stable,' his brain fumbled about for a second before deciding to take it in stride. "A huge bird, you say? Um... I think there are stables near the gates that have areas for unusual mounts." he said.

By now, a waiter had come by and inquired as to what the pair would like to drink. Perhaps now it was Aurora's turn to be surprised as the dwarf ordered an elven wine. Then again, if Aurora was terribly knowladgeable about drink, this would likely not come as a terribly great surprise. The waiter seemed to think this normal, at least, and inquired as to the druid's preference.
---

Perhaps what would be terribly dismaying would be that the only thing in that list for which was found would be the glimmering, shining metal bits that made up different parts of a clock. This would likely be frustrating until one took a moment to stop and think about things. Something was odd here.. And not just the lack of the typically mundane trapdoors or hiding spots.

((Succeed on a DC 10 WIS check for the following:))
The shape of this building wasn't the same inside as it was outside... Also, wasn't it rather odd to have a small hallway into the back when the shape of the place outside wouldn't require such a thing? There was no building encroaching in from the outside so it must be something else...

Cardea
2010-11-10, 09:05 AM
Sulet dragged the old man behind the counter, placing him on the stool, with his arms crossed underneath his resting head. He followed the... Rylie into the back of the shop.

mootoall
2010-11-10, 09:33 AM
WIS check: [roll0] Rylie picks up one of the clockwork pieces, playing with it in her hand. A small gear fit perfectly around her finger, and she decided to wear it as a ring. It was kinda pretty, in a mechanical way. There didn't seem to be anything to be found though. Perhaps something was still eluding her, something right under her nose, but she was unable to see it ... Perhaps Sulet would be able to shine a light on the situation? She continues looking around as she waits for the man

Tsumeken
2010-11-10, 07:09 PM
Aurora

Looking at the aiter and then back to the menu before her Aurora nodded making her decision, "An Iced tea please." She had her mind focused more on the identity of the creature, myabe with some more detail she might be able to make a clear picture. She waited until the waiter had left before speaking,, not wanting to cause any unwanted commotion, "Mr. Snowtop could I ask you if you could describe the creature in more detail if you have any more. It may be useful in identifying ways to capture it."

The Tygre
2010-11-10, 10:38 PM
((Admittedly, Russian is what I was aiming for with Xed. :smallbiggrin:))

Xed is driven by his hunger, but this is an opportunity too good to pass up. If he can get that key, then getting in the tower will be smooth sailing. He might get a meal anyway... Xed decides to follow, moving quietly and staying hidden. The assassin will have to fend for himself when he gets back.

Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]

Terumitsu
2010-11-11, 10:42 PM
((Ladies, Gentlemen, without further ado, Plot will now happen.))

Sulet manages to muscle Mr. Locke's body into a believable position of someone just dozing off before moving back. Sadly, as there were no windows in the back room neither the warrior nor the Fae would be able to see that a few people outside in the street had just collapsed....
---

Well, from what I know, it's a big, intelligent bug as it has a carapace that covers most of it's body. It's face has two large red eyes that look like bowls turned upside-down on a table and it's joints clack together when it moves. Some people say they can see stuff that looks like teeth poking out from the fleshy bits between it's shell but I don't believe it. It can talk but my sources say it's like listening to fingers on a chalk boaaaaaargh!" Snowtop suddenly clutched his head as is brow furrowed intensely. Several other nearby patrons seem to have simply fainted....
---

Nighthawk would likely notice it first. It was like a large, slow, invisible wave that crept over people who would often just collapse for a moment before getting right back up. An occasional person would just clutch their head and stumble a bit only to look up and around with a very confused expression. They were rather few though..

And the wave was getting closer...

Xed would simply see both men topple over as if they were suddenly too tired to stand... How odd that was..

((Everyone, roll a DC 15 Will save. Yes, that means all of you. Stuff just got real.))

((On Success, Read This:))
A spike of pain throbs just between your eyes as if you suddenly were subject to the offspring of terrible eye-strain and a nasty hangover. Not only that but you swear you hear the sound of jarringly lurching gears for the briefest of moments.. It soon passes but it leaves you with a sensation that things are definitely not right.

((On Failure, Read This:))
For a moment, you feel as if it is suddenly several hours later than it should be. Much like the feeling that a Tuesday is actually a Sunday or a Friday or something like that. Not only that, it feels as if those several hours were passed by doing strenuous work. Make a Fortitude save of 15 or be considered Fatigued.

Tsumeken
2010-11-11, 10:54 PM
Aurora
((Shakes and prays))
Will save
[roll0]
((Hooray))

Aurora Stands up rather slowly, holding the table to keep her balance as she moves towards the door to hopefully see what is causing all of this.

mootoall
2010-11-11, 10:58 PM
Rylie feels a shooting pain through her skull, intense enough to make her stagger across the room. As the pain continues, and she hears the sound of wrenching gears, she takes flight, head tucked into her chest, and rests herself on a shelf high on the wall. As the pain recedes, she relaxes, though a dull phantom pain plagues her. Gods that was bad, she thinks, rubbing her skull. "Sulet, you hear that? Maybe one of this gent's clocks is wonky," she shouts to him.

The Tygre
2010-11-11, 11:08 PM
Will Save:[roll0]
Xed lets out a snarl as the feeling overwhelms him. Tiredness runs over his body. His eye-lids grow heavy, and his senses dull. This is a winter feeling, the kind of state right before the long chill when the hunters settle down and the females nurse the cubs. Xed resists the urge to curl up somewhere and sleep, though it is difficult.

Shyftir
2010-11-12, 02:49 AM
Nighthawk wavers in the blast but toughs it out. (rolled my save in ooc thread)

What was that? I've never felt like that before ever! The thought forces its way through his abused but undamaged mind, as he breaks into a sprint. He dashes through alley ways noticing fallen and reeling citizens most of whom are far too busy recovering to worry about a black-cloaked man running through the streets. His speed was spurred by the thought that he ought to check up on the bugbear he had agreed to work with earlier.

Cardea
2010-11-12, 08:13 AM
Sulet's mind screams in pain for a few moments. His thoughts go back to times of combat, and dealing with those who trafficked with magic. This was helping him cope. The sound of gears, however, were a bit distressing. "Yeah. I hear it. It didn't sound like a clock though. Sounded.... heavier. Too heavy. Rylie, duck." Sulet draws his weapon, and swings it against the gears and clocks around the room. "If the Old Man wakes up, I've got some manacles so we can question him. I don't like it when folks mess with my mind."

Sundering some clockwork, if anything.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Edit: Cleaver is made out of adamantite, by the way.

mootoall
2010-11-12, 10:36 AM
"Whoa!" Rylie shouts, ducking as the blade swings past her head. The crashing and smashing of clock faces and gears is a much sharper sound than the wrenching crunch she'd heard before. "There now, see what you've done? Gone and ruined all those pretty clocks ... Well, I guess I'd better clean some of it up. Keep, ah, looking, if you'd like." Rylie goes around and picks up the fallen pieces of clockwork, pocketing the occasional shiny or intricate piece.

Terumitsu
2010-11-13, 12:46 AM
Everyone would notice a strange thing, should they look skyward or at least toward a window. It had just been an hour past noon yet now it was most certainly an hour before sunset... This might be troubling to those who heard the mashing of machines while those who had not might write it off as just having lost track of time.
---

Aurora would not see any cause now, just the effects of quite a number of people with fading hedaches and a few who were getting back up from a sudden fainting spell. Snowtop, who seemed to have recovered now, was right behind her with a fierce expression, or as best one could tell through his beard. "Roots of marble if that wasn't wierd. Pardon me Miss, but I've got to head to the 'Hall now. Just got a grakk'en message calling for a mass meeting. If you're still interested, meet me up at the clocktower with anyone you want to bring in about two or three hours." the dwarf said, scooting by the druid as he made off at a quick dash down the road to the guildhall.

The clocktower would be easy enough to find, at least, given that it was quite visible from where Aurora stood.
---

There was a mighty 'SMAAAAASH!' as finely polished mahogany, crystal clear glass, gold leaf, silver hands, and iron cogs shattered and flew everywhere from Sulet's strike. This had the unfortunate effect of waking up Mr. Locke who apparently felt very refreshed as if he had just had a long nap. At least, one would guess so. As the door was still open and bits and pieces of clock were rolling into the hallway so that he could see, the man made a startled yelp and apparently made for the door with a loud stumbling noise that was likely him falling off the stool. Then, slightly muted, there was a bloodcurdling scream from the poor man from outside. Other voices could be heard as well, turning the sound into a discordant choir.
---

Nighthawk will likely be within only a few blocks of the clocktower now, though he will definitely notice that here and there, wispy beings in the general shape of a person seemed to flicker in and out of vision and giving rise to many a frightened cry on the streets. They did not seem to be doing anything but stand there but perhaps it would be a good idea to rendezvous with the bugbear again.

Xed will be treated to a similar sight as a faint man appeared standing atop one of the fallen men. The figure just seemed to be standing there, confused apparently. Or perhaps laying in wait... Whatever the cause, it was unnerving to be near it. It was almost as if it was alive, somehow, but in a way that was twisted and unnatural. It felt... It felt like it was a great pressure that could not be released as if it was stoppered tight somehow.

mootoall
2010-11-13, 07:38 AM
Rylie blinked once, twice, and then flew quickly from Sulet. "C'mon ya big brute, something tells me there's a right bit of trouble out there." She looks whistfully back at the broken clockwork, wishing she could help fix it. But when she dashes out the front door, all thoughts of fixing the shop were wiped from her mind. "That ... is not good ..." The spectral shapes around the city were disturbing, and framed against a colored sky, it was downright spooky.

Tsumeken
2010-11-13, 10:28 AM
Aurora

She breathed out a sigh of relief at the apparently non lethal nature of the stunning blast. She watched Mr. Snowtop as he rushed off towards the tower. The time he had given her was quite a bit though, and it would be prudent to find others to join with. With that thought in mind she decided to walk along the streets for a bit longer. She looked around for anyone who looked well equipped or had seemed to be more curious about the goings on then frightened as the citizenry was most likely to be with their sudden nap.

Spot
[roll0]
Since I'm not really looking up I don't expect to see anyone on the roofs of houses

Cardea
2010-11-13, 12:38 PM
"Cuthbert give me peace..." Sulet muttered as he chased after Rylie, keeping his cleaver at the ready.

Shyftir
2010-11-14, 03:07 PM
Nighthawk reached Xed a few moments later. "Listen, Gobbo, I'm not sure what just happened but I'm thinking we should get off the streets." He spoke as he helped the goblinoid to his feet. "I know a little place where we can take cover 'til we can figure out what just happened." He paused glancing around at the strange ghost-like figures, "By the way, can't keep calling you goblin. You got a name or something you like to be called?"

diplomacy to convince Xed to come with me to one of my hideouts.

[roll0] lol he usually doesn't bother talking to people.

Terumitsu
2010-11-15, 01:39 AM
Aurora, while checking the streets, would see a man with a magnificently large blade of adamantine who had just left a well-to-do shop. There was a small Fae with him, apparently a partner of sorts, and the two seemed to be looking around at the sudden alteration of things. If anything, they looked rather competent at least and would probably be helpful as no noble would think to lug around a blade like that just for show. This was a weapon that was intended for business, pure and simple.
---

The misty shadowy figure seemed to glow slightly with an inner light as it hung near the goblinoid and the assassin. It wailed plaintively and held out a long, whip-thin limb to touch the man who was still face down on the ground. With a howl, the limb turned sharp as it stabbed at the fallen man, piercing him yet not causing any blood-loss... It was as if it had pierced something else though as the worker was now wide awake and screaming in pain. It was up to the choice of Nighthawk and Xed if they should do something about this or just run away. Xed should keep in mind that one of the men did have a key to the door, at least. Might be useful...

Tsumeken
2010-11-15, 02:09 PM
Aurora

Aurora ran up too but stopped at least a good arm or two length away, not wanting to get into any area where the blade may swing.. "Excuse me, uh but would you two be able to help me in any way? I have been charged with capturing a beast that apparently wanders these streets. I've talked it over with my employer and have convinced him that I may need extra help since he wishes the beast alive."

The Tygre
2010-11-16, 04:36 PM
Xed mumbled something in Goblin, "Не нуждайтесь ни в каком зловонном человеке, чтобы помочь мне. Я могу идти только прекрасный на моих коленях... Xed. Name is Xed. Don't need help... Just tired, and hungry." Despite Xed's protests, it's obvious that the bugbear is tired and groggy, and his words come out half-hearted.

That is until the spectacle with the shade occurs. Xed warily watches the apparition before hissing out to Nighthawk, "You see too, no?"

mootoall
2010-11-16, 04:48 PM
Rylie looks at the scene around her, and say, fairly nonplussed, "Uh, I'd be glad to help, but I think there's something rather ... uh ... more pressing?" She draws her dagger, the blade reflecting the deep red sunlight. "Do any of you see something rather ... odd about this?" Do we see any ghost-y things about? I'm assuming we do, but I'm not mentioning specifics for the sake of not being wrong. Either way the scene's rather unsettling ...

Shyftir
2010-11-17, 01:47 AM
"Listen Xed, you can call me 'Hawk." He paused, "Я не позволяя никому выбраться вокруг на коленях в этом городе в течение какой-либо в девяти ад происходит" Nighthawk finished in Goblin as he pulled Xed to his feet and pointed to an ally nearby. "Let's go."

Nighthawk took one more look at the ghostly apparition and decided to test a theory. He engaged his gloves and a knife made of force appeared in his hand he reached deep and used the magic items full power then whipped the weapon at the ...thing.

Ha, Nighthawk knows Goblin... and as for the crunch.

Attack roll using all 5 charges of my gauntlet of infinite blades to make a +3 undead bane dagger of seeking and attack the scary scary wraith man-thing.

Attack roll: [roll0] that includes the +3, the point blank shot and the dagger focus.

If I hit: [roll1] and if the bane property functions [roll2]

Tsumeken
2010-11-17, 10:38 AM
Aurora

Aurora was confused for a second before she glanced behind and up to see for herself, "Oh my... that is odd indeed, well My employer did say I had a few hours before the creature will even appear. In that case suppose we should figure out this problem with the sky in the meantime." She wondered why she hadn't noticed before, she had probably been to focused on her job for Mr. Snowtop and had put everything else out of her mind. It was nice to be focused but there was such a thing as to focused.

Terumitsu
2010-11-18, 06:28 AM
((Half-update. Need Cardea to post so the other half can happen. In any case, I'm just doing this as I don't think I should penalize The Tyger and Shiftyr for being away from the group. By the by, speaking of you two.... Both a' ya add 350xp to your sheets. The Russian was awesome.))

Nighthawk struck true with his blade and the glowing foggy being reeled back from the knife, clearly wounded as a glowing trickle of mist, brighter than the rest and colored like the setting sun, seeped outwards and upwards as if it were evaporating. However, it was clear that while the wound was serious, it was not quite fatal... For a given value of fatal at least. The ghostly walker hunched forward and both Nighthawk and Xed would likely note that it's hands were unnervingly claw-like... It reared back and howled in a reverberating voice of rage, summoning a few of it's kin from the streets nearby.

((Looks like someone got a surprise round. You two can roll initiative if you feel like beating some face in. I'll have a battle-map up once you do. For reference, the thing you just hit is within 15 feet while the nearest of three more is 40 feet away.))

DM's Rolls (Miss chance):
[roll0]

Cardea
2010-11-18, 09:47 AM
ARGH I'M STUPID
Sulet eyes up the newcomer, and looks at Rylie. "Way too much is odd right now. I'm trying to keep my mind off it." He looks back at the newcomer, who was now staring at a... red... moon. He looks back at Rylie. "Really, just trying to keep my mind off of it." He turns back to the newcomer. "Gladly, if it means figuring out what is wrong with this town."

IGNORE ALL THIS
Intiative: [roll0]
To Hit: [roll1]
To Damage: [roll2]

Shyftir
2010-11-19, 01:37 AM
"Oh, навоз!" Nighthawk swore in Goblin. (Note: real Russian word translates "manure".)"I got some good news, Xed. These ghost things? they can be hurt by weapons at least enchanted ones. Bad news: I think I made them angry."
The dark-cloaked human took a couple steps back deciding on his next course of action.

Initiative roll! I'm also okay with running if you want, Tygre, but I'm assuming "tis the clobbering hour".
[roll0]

The Tygre
2010-11-19, 05:34 PM
"Они могут быть убиты! Это - достаточно!" Xed still groggily yells in Goblin. He lurches toward the specter that Hawk attack, axes held high.

Attack:[roll0]//[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]//[roll3], +[roll4] if second attack lands

mootoall
2010-11-20, 08:00 AM
"Alright then! So, that's settled. Though," she says, looking at Mr. Locke, "I've still some questions for him ... But they can wait. He's got plenty of time." She giggles a little, but soon gets back to business. "So, did your, ah, employer give you any clue as to where or when we could catch this beast? I'd rather not fly about the city all night when I could know to be on South Street at high noon."

Tsumeken
2010-11-20, 01:08 PM
Aurora

Aurora smiled, it was good to see that not only had she found others but that they too were interested in the goings on of the city. She realized then that she had not introduced herself and felt a tad silly just running up the strangers in the first place without doing so. "Excuse me for not intrducing myself earlier, my name is Aurora." She took a slight bow before continuing "I was told to come to the tower in the center of town in a time of three hours from now, I believe that we will all be informed of the area we will be searching in then."

mootoall
2010-11-20, 01:34 PM
"Right, the name's Rylie. This one," she says, jerking her head over her shoulder to the big warrior, "Is Sulet. Just wondering ... what time is it? It only feels like noon at latest, but just look at the sky! Who knows, we might be late already ..."

Cardea
2010-11-20, 01:47 PM
Sulet walks over to where he tied up Potluck, unwrapping his leash off of the post. He puts his cleaver away, and snaps his fingers, sounding out a gruff "Hey" when he hears his name. He pats Potluck, and walks back to the two others. "The time is off, that much is assured, but if this isn't related to the... whatever is happening in this town, I signed up for something that wasn't early retirement. In any event, we should go towards this tower you.... Aurora, was it? This tower you mentioned."

mootoall
2010-11-20, 02:57 PM
Rylie strains her eyes to see the clocktower, wondering what time it says it is. If the answer matches the sun, she references it with the clocks in Locke's shop. If it doesn't ... she still references it with the clocks in Locke's shop. :smallbiggrin:

Tsumeken
2010-11-20, 04:29 PM
Aurora

She nodded agreeing with them both and taking their names into account. "I think that would be best as well, if anything he may know whats happening as he seemed no to worry about the condition of the sky nor anyone else around for that matter after awakening."

Terumitsu
2010-11-20, 10:25 PM
Battle!

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDMaps/Battle1b.png

Initiative order:

Nighthawk
Thing 3
Thing 1
Thing 4
Thing 2
Xed (Action spoken for already)

Action will go as such: Post what you're gonna do and, should circumstances arise where the attack or action is not valid, then I'll PM you and we can figure something out in short order.

---

The clocktower did indeed show a time that was accurate for the time of day. That said, there were no nearby mist-beings around the immediate area but one or two could be seen on balconies or farther down the road. One was apparently sitting on the roof of Mr. Locke's shop looking at the sky although it was impossible to discern the being's features.

The few that were in sight down the road seemed to be visiting stalls and handling goods yet when they touched organic products, the plants, fruits, and vegetables seemed to suddenly grow more vibrant and alive... At least until they simply disintegrated. The beings who ruined the produce as such seemed to grow more energetic as they did so. More coordinated as well. It would likely be a bad idea to see what would happen if they touched a human but for now, the streets were almost deserted anyway.

mootoall
2010-11-20, 10:50 PM
Rylie warily gazes at the mist beings, and takes off into the air. "Let's go. I don't like this one bit, and if your employer can shed some light on this, I want to hear it." Her mind flashes back to her Wasting friend and patron, and for a moment she almost convinces herself that the ghost-like thing on Locke's shop almost looked like Paizo ... but it was just a passing fancy. "Yes ... let's go now."

Shyftir
2010-11-21, 12:56 AM
Nighthawk decided that his best bet would be to damage the creatures further away so that any that reached the Melee-oriented bugbear would already be hurting.. He slipped the longbow off his shoulder and nocked a black-fletched arrow. He pulled the mighty bow and aimed at the next closest mist-creature. he breathed out as he let the arrow fly and lightning fast he nocked and fired another chasing it.

Full Attack go! I couldn't get to Mythweavers, so if you could check to make sure I'm getting the right numbers it would be appreciated.

to hit 1: [roll0]
damage 1: [roll1]

to hit 2: [roll2]
damage 2: [roll3]

Terumitsu
2010-11-21, 02:05 AM
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDMaps/Battle1b1.png

Nighthawk's strike was very well executed, striking with such force that the misty being he was aiming at explosively discorporated in a shower of glowing ash. All that was left was a pile of grey-white remains.

The beings were slow in their approach, although they did not seem phased by their comrade's sudden expiration. It was like they were watching... It was kinda creepy...

The one that Nighthawk had struck first drew even with Xed and reached out an almost elastic arm towards him. It's touch felt strange... As if he was being overcharged with energy. Although this would dispel his fatigue, it would be as if his body was trying to do too much at one time and it would end up hurting him from being overtaxed.

That said, he did land a solid blow with one of his axes but the strange specter seemed to be holding on still.

((Xed takes 11 damage/ Removed Fatigue))

Tsumeken
2010-11-21, 11:18 AM
Aurora

Agreed with Rylie as the town now was beginning to show a increasing amount of strange things going on such as these ghostly creatures. "We should try to avoid contact with those things is at all possible. I think that they may only exist on the street level though as I have yet to see any indoors." She hoped that they were not hostile at least as she stayed close to the others, her life though short as it was now had no need to be ended abruptly by some ghostly patron.

Shyftir
2010-11-21, 06:21 PM
Seeing the being attack Xed, Nighthawk reached down and swiftly pulled "The Raven" from his belt and whipped the black steel blade toward his attacker before firing another shot off at the incoming specters. After he fired the arrow the chakram magically Returned to his hand.

Full attack mixing one shot from "The Raven" with an arrow, the first attack target's the one Xed is fighting the second the closest of the other two.

Attack 1: chakram
to hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: bow
to hit: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

mootoall
2010-11-21, 06:31 PM
"If they're on the street, we should stay off it." Rylie, her translucent wings fluttering quickly, zips towards the tower Aurora mentioned, staying high above the street. The occasional ghost-thing on rooftops or balconies proved Aurora wrong, but still, staying off the street was probably a good idea. To expedite posting, can we assume we're all going this way, possibly via alleyways, since that's the general agreed upon consensus?

Tsumeken
2010-11-21, 08:44 PM
Aurora

Aurora followed Rylie as best she could before breaking off and heading for the tower along the backstreets and alleys, always looking where she was going so as not to run into one of the visiting specters. Hoping that Mr. Snowtop would have some explanation for these things.

I agree to the moving along in the same direction, hopefully we all get there and not become entangled into any battles along the way.

Cardea
2010-11-21, 09:18 PM
Sulet followers Aurora and Rylie, making sure that nothing tries to overcome them from behind, and trying to keep Potluck from eating the small Fey.

Terumitsu
2010-11-21, 09:48 PM
((You ask and POOF! it is done!))

Dodging and weaving seemed to be the theme of this trek as the small party tried to keep away from the mist-shadows. The maze of back-ways was myriad yet the clocktower served as an ever-present guidepost and even despite a few setbacks from doubling back or having to take alternate routes, the group managed to reach the designated area just as the clock began booming out the hour. The sound, though, was strangely warped as if it were being heard from underwater. And there was also that faint grinding noise...

But all said and done, what might be of interest as well would be a trio of glowing shades drifting in a way most menacing around a corner as they answered a howling call.

Tsumeken
2010-11-21, 11:12 PM
Aurora

Aurora frowned at the coming ghouls as she tried to think of something. Though she was sure a fight was unavoidable something had seemed off. "I don't know about you two but something about this seems very off. Rylie, i think me and Sulet will try and fend off these craetures, please try to find the cause of that strange grinding sound form the tower. Since you can fly it should be no problem. However if there is trouble, try to stay out of sight and get back here so we can all deal with it together." She pulled her sling as she opened her bag of holding at her side loading a bullet.

rolling init

Initative: [roll0]

mootoall
2010-11-21, 11:30 PM
"No ... the tower will still be here in five minutes. I want to make sure these guys aren't." She takes off ten feet into the air, and holds her dagger in front of her. She utters a word of command, and smoke utters from the hilt, engulfing the pixie, and concealing her from sight. Activating the smoking enchantment. I now have a 20% miss chance. Initiative: [roll0] If the die roll is ten or less, I use my Lucky Start reroll [roll1]

Cardea
2010-11-30, 10:28 AM
"Then let's do this." Sulet readies his cleaver, grasping the hilt with both hands. "Potluck, with me. Trip and Rip maneuver."

Initiative: [roll0]
I'll run in and trip what I can. Putluck will shred those who fall.

The Tygre
2010-12-04, 05:55 AM
Xed pays no heed to the magic chakram, focusing on his next attack. With a snarl, the bugbear swings his axes into the shade again, his new-found energy giving him strength. Whatever that thing was, it definitely had its benefits.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3], additional [roll4] if succesful

Terumitsu
2010-12-08, 12:20 AM
((Sorry about the delay. Feel free to take a cricket bat to my cranium for being lazy))
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/RPNotebook2/DnDMaps/Battle1b3.png

That final blow from The Raven easily dusted the shade attacking Xed. Nighthawk's strike with the bow was equally successful, perforating the glowing shadow center mass.

One shimmering shade made a slow advance on Xed and Nighthawk, taking an apparently defensive posture while the other seemed to be heading to retreat down a side alleyway.

Xed took action and landed a solid blow on the encroaching shadow. Apparently, it wasn't able to defend from that strike even when it tried. One might even feel sorry for it a little.

Though the battle seems half done, Aurora, Sulet, and Rylie arrive on scene. Not much to be done but any help is good help, yes?

Initiative next round:

Rylie
Sulet
Nighthawk
Thing
Otherthing
Aurora
Xed

mootoall
2010-12-08, 02:43 PM
Rylie, seeing the deadly looking creatures embroiled with the motley, slightly shady pair in front of them, decides to help with the fight. She flies upwards, already ten feet above the ground, until she's a good twenty feet from the battle. Then she whispers into her palm, and, letting magic flow through her, amplifies the sound to deafening proportion, firing it at the ghostly figure in front of her. Roll for hit and damage: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Cardea
2010-12-16, 11:42 AM
OOC
Crap. Let's not let this flat line.

Sulet charges forward, yelling for Potluck to follow behind him. He aims for the creature's mid-drift, hoping that the thing will pull him down.

Combat
Moving to F8, tripping the thing in F7. Potluck will move to F8 if/when he can, and attack him.

To Trip: [roll0]
Follow-up Attack if that succeeds.
To Hit: [roll1]
To Damage: [roll2]

Tsumeken
2010-12-16, 01:23 PM
OOC
I agree though it is not my turn yet I have been watching/waiting

Shyftir
2010-12-16, 05:43 PM
OOC:
Yes, my turn let's keep this alive!
Nighthawk simply continues firing arrows at the creatures.

More arrowz! I'll shoot at whatever enemy(ies) is still "up".

first attack
att: [roll0]
hit: [roll1]
miss chance: [roll2]

second:
att: [roll3]
hit: [roll4]
miss chance: [roll5]

mootoall
2010-12-16, 05:48 PM
OOC: Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah ah ah ah!

The Tygre
2010-12-19, 02:04 AM
OOC:
Come on, folks. I can wait all night.

mootoall
2010-12-19, 11:29 AM
OOC:Actually, it seems that it's the "Things'" turn.

Terumitsu
2010-12-20, 03:18 PM
OOC:
Pssst! Still waiting on actions from a few of you! Just a statement of action and a roll will do at this point..

Tsumeken
2010-12-21, 03:58 PM
OOC
just in case it's me heres my action, if not this will still be my action for my turn

Aurora looks to the nearest of the specters as she flings a bullet from her sling, hoping that it will hit true.

Attack and damage
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]