PDA

View Full Version : Catfolk PC

Godsrequiem
2010-10-18, 11:07 PM
I'm currently creating a feral catfolk PC for my next campaign. My DM insisted that all players use a LA of +2 in order to dissuade an all human and or elf game. I am currently generating a chargun clawun catfolk that uses its feral template claw(Savage species) attacks as its primary weapon.

My 1st level feats are power attack, reckless offense, and dodge(leading to spring attack for sheer badassery of charging spring attacks with pounce).

What I really need is some way to add weapon enhancements to my claws, preferably as early as possible. My D.M. has already agreed to allow my character to use natural attacks while increasing my BAB by class.

Any comments and or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Fako
2010-10-19, 01:07 AM
From what I know, your abilities are rather limited. Magic Fang potions make it easy to get a + to hit and damage, but special abilities are harder to come by... you could ask your DM if you can treat the claws as manufactured weapons for purposes of enchanting, or see if you can use another item slot (such as bracers) to provide special abilities to your claws.

If you have access, try looking at Magic Item Compendium, as I think there are items in there that boost natural attacks, or you could look at Magic of Incarnum, which might be more your style, assuming you don't have a class picked out yet.

Bhu
2010-10-19, 01:09 AM
If he accepts homebrew you can also always request racial Feats or a PrC.

Eloel
2010-10-19, 05:25 AM
You're looking for Necklace of Natural Attacks (or a similar name) from Savage Species.

Ouranos
2010-10-19, 05:48 AM
I believe one of the Mongoose Publishing class books, the one for monk if I recall, added a magic item, an amulet, that could be enchanted the same as a weapon and wearing it enhanced the users natural attacks. But, the amulet itself cost 1000 gold and enchanting costs went up by like 20%, to cover for it affecting ALL natural attacks.

Violet Octopus
2010-10-19, 06:31 AM
There is also the Kensai prestige class in Complete Warrior which explicitly lets you enchant your claws, but it's probably subpar and its fluff is pretty counter to your character concept. It may be a good starting point if you decide to discuss homebrew prestige classes with your DM.

LibraryOgre
2010-10-19, 10:45 AM
The Mod Wonder: Thread moved to Role-playing games. Carry on.

Greenish
2010-10-19, 10:50 AM
My 1st level feats are power attack, reckless offense, and dodge(leading to spring attack for sheer badassery of charging spring attacks with pounce).You can't combine Charge with Spring Attack, which is okay since the latter is a trap.

My D.M. has already agreed to allow my character to use natural attacks while increasing my BAB by class.Do you mean that you get iterative attacks with your natural weapons?