PDA

View Full Version : Gatling Gun (3.5)

Loki_42
2010-10-19, 03:18 PM
One of my players really wants to build one and it fits in the setting, so I'm allowing it. The only problem is, I don't know where to find one.

Does anybody know where I could find one? Preferebly steam powered and operated by hand crank?

The Glyphstone
2010-10-19, 03:19 PM
The Iron Kingdoms Campaign Guide is the only steampunk-focused sourcebook I know. Maybe one of the 'jack guns there would qualify.

Ravens_cry
2010-10-19, 03:20 PM
Check out d20 modern, it has an SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd) and you should be able to find something that could be considered a Gatling gun

Greenish
2010-10-19, 03:22 PM
One of my players really wants to build one and it fits in the setting, so I'm allowing it. The only problem is, I don't know where to find one.

Does anybody know where I could find one? Preferebly steam powered and operated by hand crank?Heavy Repeating Crossbow with larger chamber?

Eloel
2010-10-19, 03:24 PM
Auto-resetting Trap of Launch Bolt, with a crank to drop bolts on it?
Or something that is based on that?

Attilargh
2010-10-19, 05:51 PM
The Iron Kingdoms Campaign Guide is the only steampunk-focused sourcebook I know. Maybe one of the 'jack guns there would qualify.
All the crunch is in the Character Guide, mind. But there's barely even rules for 'jacks, so good luck finding guns for them.

If you're really desperate, you could look into Liber Mechanika, but considering how plain awful the run-of-the-mill gun rules are, I wouldn't bother.

Personally, I'd try the d20 Modern sourcebook d20 Past, even though the quality of d20M's guns is pretty questionable as well.

golentan
2010-10-19, 08:02 PM
Personally, for truly automatic weapons I'd recommend grabbing the rules from the Traveller d20 conversion T20. I don't remember if they're included in the free starter booklet, but worth checking, neh?

Thurbane
2010-10-19, 08:14 PM
d20 Past (a d20 Modern supplement) has stats for a Gatling Gun...not sure how compatible with 3.5 D&D stats they are...