PDA

View Full Version : Worst Attribute Rolls and their characters.

Maquise
2010-10-19, 04:00 PM
After recently rolling some lackluster attribute stats for a character, I was wondering about other less-gifted characters. How bad have you playgrounders rolled, and what became of those characters?

Callista
2010-10-19, 05:07 PM
Rolled a 6. Put it in STR. Played a wizard. Never had an issue with it.

Looking back on it, I should've put the 6 in CHA and made him autistic. That would've been an interesting character. (Even though a 6 CHA isn't necessarily that low, it's low enough to justify something like that, if you happen to want to do it.)

Seffbasilisk
2010-10-19, 05:13 PM
Gimpy the Sorcerer.

DM didn't allow rerolls, his highest stat was a...13? I think.

He never got to cast a spell, died very early on.

If you want to look, I think his death, was the turning point, from a nearly pure roleplayer, to the powergaming roll-playing roleplayer I am today.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-10-19, 05:15 PM
Four charisma, seven intelligence, eight wisdom human Barbarian. Considering I was playing him as Chaotic Stupid anyway (it was a light-hearted campaign), it fit.

El Dorado
2010-10-19, 05:18 PM
I decided to play a fighter for an upcoming game. Rolled a 7. Put it in Charisma. It galled me (I'm accustomed to high Cha characters). And thus, Gaul was born. A surly, people-hating half-giant. Think Jayne Cobb with a bit of Dr. Cox (he has a 13 Int and 12 Wis) so the insults and nicknames will be fast and inventive. :smallwink:

dsmiles
2010-10-19, 05:33 PM
I think the worst I've ever suffered from was a 9 in something, back in 1e/2e when 9-12 was just 'no bonus' rather than a -1 to something.

Amphetryon
2010-10-19, 05:42 PM
Psion:

STR 11
DEX 12
CON 13
INT 17
WIS 9
CHA 5

Dizlag
2010-10-19, 05:45 PM
When rolling up a character in Hackmaster 4e my shaman died. Yes, you read that correctly ... during character creation my character died! I spent the benny to reroll the result and he ended up being a goiter ridden shaman with short-term memory loss. Oh, and his stats were just horrible too. 3d6 right down the line. :smallbiggrin:

One of the best characters I played in my life. Hehehe

Dizlag

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-19, 05:46 PM
I was the DM rather than the player, but the player got a wizard with 4 Con.

He would up playing as a secretly evil character, who was performing services for Devils in exchange for the promise of good health. He started as a level 5 wizard with 5 hp, ended as a level 6 wizard with 1 hp, after losing his hands to a spell from the BoVD. This action also revealed his true nature to the party, the result of which was them all racing against each other to be the one to kill him.

GreatWyrmGold
2010-10-19, 05:48 PM
Yes, you read that correctly ... during character creation my character died!

H...how? Is 4th ed that harsh?

Lhurgyof
2010-10-19, 05:52 PM
I played a scout with a 5 strength and 8 constitution. He was going to go into soulbow.

And his name was Annie D'neihm.

4th ed Hackmaster, not D&D. It uses the AD&D rules.

Dizlag
2010-10-19, 05:52 PM

It was HACKMASTER 4e ... not D&D 4e. :smallbiggrin:

On one of the background tables for your class you can roll an aspect of your background. Since this character was a shaman, I think this table was to see if he got lost while in the woods during a spirit walk or something. Well, he got lost, then got pneumonia and died.

Dizlag

BlckDv
2010-10-19, 05:53 PM
I recall a 3.0 Bard I played with 7 Str, 9 Dex, 7 Con, 12 Int, 6 Wis, 16 Cha

I played him similarly to that one teacher/author from Harry Potter (predates the books so obviously not based on him)... He'd steal obscure folk tales from cultures that were not local and cast himself as the hero, but then beg off with some sort of specific ailment when threats manifested.

I will note that while he lied to other PCs, I was very upfront with the other players, so they did not get "sticker shock" at my sub-par combat skills. For once other players were relieved when I started playing bard song instead of attacking *g*

Geohound13
2010-10-19, 05:55 PM
I played a scout with a 5 strength and 8 constitution. He was going to go into soulbow.

And his name was Annie D'neihm.

Ah yes! I remember this guy. To bad he had to die, he was so funny. Well not to say all your characters arn't funny. Like the Kolbolt gnome killer :smallbiggrin:

Geohound13
2010-10-19, 06:03 PM
Rolled a 6 and put it into Cha, then played a dwarven monk named Dor. Not to freindly and had no sense of humor. Oh! And he slicked his hair back with just about anything. After that would have to be Pell the "Special" Paladin. He had a 6 Int, a 6 Cha, and a 8 in Wis. His highest stat was Con and that was a 13. He did't make it to far...in the Tomb of Horrors!

Morph Bark
2010-10-19, 06:15 PM
...must it necessarily be rolls? Because I once had all 1s except an Int of 3 in a PbP game that ground to a halt while I was off on a trip. DM had that assigned due to an idea that I had put forth on these boards.

Otherwise, I got nothing, as I DM prettymuch all the time, save for 4E and SWSE and those were point buy.

Mojo_Rat
2010-10-19, 06:20 PM
All of the really bad characters i had for stats were int he older versions of the game 1st and second edition. The newer versions of the 'your total bonuses must be at least +1' rule which prevents truely horrid characters.

That said, when Mr. Gygax died we did a tribute game of 3d6 no rerolls and one of the characters was so bad he only qualified for fighter. (ie the highest stat he had was a 9)

Its by far the worst character ive ever seen for rolls.

dsmiles
2010-10-19, 06:41 PM
The newer versions of the 'your total bonuses must be at least +1' rule which prevents truely horrid characters.

I very much dislike this rule. (And subsequently don't use it. Not that we need to, what with 4d6b3 and all.)

Noodles2375
2010-10-19, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine rolled up a Cleric by the old methods in AD&D who had virtually nothing but a 14 in wisdom. He had str 11, dex 7, con 9, int 10, wis 14 cha 8

He hated the character, but our DM wouldn't let him re-roll, so he played him as a (curiously, not very wise) Cleric who just charged into every fray we could point him towards. That sort of attitude really grew on him. We ended that campaign when 3rd ed. came out, he created a half-orc barbarian, and cried with joy at how much more fun it was to wade into combat :smallsmile:

Assassin89
2010-10-19, 09:41 PM
It's from my first 3.5 character, now dead. Rolled up a cleric with scores were Str 10 Dex 5 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 10. The second twelve? That used to be a 6 until the DM gave it a bonus.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-19, 09:45 PM
..... got a character with a total modifer of -2, I don't remember the stats exactly....it was supposed to be a gish....on the good side that set of rolls were the ones that convinced my DM to switch to point buy :smallcool:

Morithias
2010-10-20, 04:27 AM
Rolled a 6. Put it in STR. Played a wizard. Never had an issue with it.

Looking back on it, I should've put the 6 in CHA and made him autistic. That would've been an interesting character. (Even though a 6 CHA isn't necessarily that low, it's low enough to justify something like that, if you happen to want to do it.)

Don't fool yourself. Autistic people can be very charismatic and manipulative. An autistic person with charisma and who is clever enough to realize what they have access to is probably the closest thing to a fair folk you'll ever meet in real life. A person that you have to either be friends with, or word everything you say carefully for fear they screw you over with it somehow.

Kaww
2010-10-20, 04:47 AM
I had a player that rolled 1 1 1 1 1 on a 5d6 stat roll.
I allowed a reroll since his BEST attribute was 12? :smalleek: He ended up with nice stats and a 7, warmage's strength. He also took and elf with -2 str +2 cha. He barely caried his armor...

Lev
2010-10-20, 04:49 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6712/usopp3ls1.jpg

All of the really bad characters i had for stats were int he older versions of the game 1st and second edition. The newer versions of the 'your total bonuses must be at least +1' rule which prevents truely horrid characters.
Depends what level you are playing at, I'd say that at the DM's discretion you could have as low as +0 average (aka 60pt roll) and the highest I'd allow as a minimum is probably 80. As you go up in levels it gets rather important to have your casters have at least 1 decent stat.

Here's some simple homebrew tricks:

Players may average out their lowest and highest stat, and by that I mean take 1 away from their highest and add it to their lowest.

Players may beef up a single stat by subtracting 2 from their highest stat OR second highest to improve any one stat by 1 point.

Players may accept a +2 to a single stat at the cost of +1 ECL, this bonus does not stack on any one attribute but can be applied multiple times.

Morithias
2010-10-20, 04:51 AM

Mind explaining? I know who that is, but I don't see the relevance.

Lev
2010-10-20, 05:11 AM
Mind explaining? I know who that is, but I don't see the relevance.

Spoilers: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Usopp

Low Spoilers:
Stats:
STR 8
Dex 12
Con 9
Int 14
Wis 6
Cha 6

Class: Bard (Without bardic music, spells or class features)
(Sp) Once per day you may add +20 to your attack roll.
Ranks: Swim, Craft (Painting), Craft (Weaponry), Bluff (Poor)
Feats: Run, Dash

Usopp is a coward, a bragard, an egomaniac, a buffoon, a sailor, a wimp, a pirate, an unbelievably compulsive liar at which he is terrible at, and a wannabe captain.

This is comical because he has so much aspirations and so many emotional ties to how he imagines himself yet is utterly useless at almost everything.

He adventures with some of the strongest people in the world, an epic fighter who uses 3 swords at once, a homebrew "rubberman" who has the strength and fighting skill of an optimized swordsage with 25 str, dex and con, a canny navigator rogue, a doctor with multiple wildshapes and combat enhancing drugs (+class abilities, +stats, +HP, ect. that last for 30rounds each) and an optimized chef/monk.

He plays a role sort of like Jeff from earthbound (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist15/assist15_080206_art4.jpg), where he makes comically ineffective weapons like shooting eggs, hot sauce balls and marbles from his sling shot-- in fact for at least the first hundred episodes of his character his most potent skill is being able to run 175' per round where as he is fighting humanoids that can only run 120'.

My advice would be to make a Scoundrel, if you do not have the book Complete Scoundrel I suggest you get it as it contains a multitude of ideas on how to run a fun character on an interactive and imaginative level rather than making it a dice rolling or number contest.

Most people forget than a +0 = an average human if you round it out, and it seems like everyone and their dog has an obsession behind the necessity of being abnormal to have truly grand adventures.
But perhaps its possible that a lot of people who play DnD really separate the concept of actually roleplaying as if they were doing it and need the extra padding, personally I find it WAY more fun playing lower stat as it makes me think more along the lines of how I would react if it were actually me.

But then again, a lot of people think their IRL stats are higher than they are, heh. Seems like everyone and their brother seems to say "stupid people do this and do that" now adays, where as from what I've observed most people 20-30 are mentally obese (high skillpoints/int, low wis/digestion and refinement of that information) which makes for quite unintelligent people to be frank-- but the current world teaches us to be prepared for a competitive job market, where being good at your job is more important than being better at life; and that's where being mentally obese comes in handy.

Mystral
2010-10-20, 05:11 AM
Air Mephling Bard (LA+1 Race, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Int)

Stats after applying racial modifiers:

Str: 8
Dex: 12
Kon: 7
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 17

Truly horrid stats, most fun I ever had with a character nonetheless. She took up permanent residence on the astral plane.

Quincunx
2010-10-20, 06:43 AM
3d6 down-the-line, NPC-class PbP. Got a pair of 5s, at Con and Int. For the short time that game lasted, she was an alcohol-damaged woman-child. Fortunately the other mental stats rolled rather high, so I could limp along in the party on innocence and woods-wisdom instead, and even take Adept.

Psyx
2010-10-20, 07:23 AM
Don't fool yourself. Autistic people can be very charismatic and manipulative. An autistic person with charisma and who is clever enough to realize what they have access to is probably the closest thing to a fair folk you'll ever meet in real life. A person that you have to either be friends with, or word everything you say carefully for fear they screw you over with it somehow.

I think the OP was referring to those with Aspergers Syndrome. They tend to strike people as very, very 'odd' [ie Gary Numan never particularly got on well with the media because of undiagnosed Aspergers, and is rather strange to talk to]. It's a good idea for playing a low Cha character.

Telonius
2010-10-20, 08:04 AM
Middle-aged Shifter Rogue/Wizard/Master of Masks/Arcane Trickster

Charisma: 18
Wisdom: 8

Ranks in Bluff: Max
Ranks in Sense Motive: None

This was actually one of my favorite characters, despite being multiclassed into oblivion and semi-useless in combat. I played him up as a con man who was so efficient at lying that he eventually believed his own BS. At a poker table, nobody could ever tell what he had in his hand, but he couldn't tell what anybody else had either.

Morithias
2010-10-20, 09:32 AM
I think the OP was referring to those with Aspergers Syndrome. They tend to strike people as very, very 'odd' [ie Gary Numan never particularly got on well with the media because of undiagnosed Aspergers, and is rather strange to talk to]. It's a good idea for playing a low Cha character.

Hmmm, who's idea of what a person with Aspergers is like should I consider more valid. The media's who judged a person who was never officially diagnosed, or me...who happens to be officially diagnosed with said syndrome.

Lower charisma on average? Sure I can see that. Adding the Asperger as a trait or template, would probably be something like +2 int, -2 cha, alignment becomes lawful (due to being very systematic).

But like I said, the few that do put a high enough score into charisma....watch out, because they're masters of 'white mutiny' and 'literal genie' type behavior, and even if they ARE doing it on purpose, chances are they can also bluff any authority figure into believing it's their syndrome that's making them do it.

In short, I can see low charisma being played as anti-social, but in reality, a person with aspergers can be anything from Rainman, to Clyde from Law-abiding Citizen.

Just be careful with what you say, I'm not one to freak out about it, but a lot of people with it are touchy with it.

Although seriously people, try playing a LN character who 'white mutiny' the party a lot, in a weird twist on the CN stereotype. It's hilarious until they realize what's going on (leave the room and plan with the DM behind the scenes via text to enhance it more).

Adisson
2010-10-20, 12:26 PM
Hmmm, who's idea of what a person with Aspergers is like should I consider more valid. The media's who judged a person who was never officially diagnosed, or me...who happens to be officially diagnosed with said syndrome.

Lower charisma on average? Sure I can see that. Adding the Asperger as a trait or template, would probably be something like +2 int, -2 cha, alignment becomes lawful (due to being very systematic).

But like I said, the few that do put a high enough score into charisma....watch out, because they're masters of 'white mutiny' and 'literal genie' type behavior, and even if they ARE doing it on purpose, chances are they can also bluff any authority figure into believing it's their syndrome that's making them do it.

In short, I can see low charisma being played as anti-social, but in reality, a person with aspergers can be anything from Rainman, to Clyde from Law-abiding Citizen.

Just be careful with what you say, I'm not one to freak out about it, but a lot of people with it are touchy with it.

Although seriously people, try playing a LN character who 'white mutiny' the party a lot, in a weird twist on the CN stereotype. It's hilarious until they realize what's going on (leave the room and plan with the DM behind the scenes via text to enhance it more).

It's true. There are many of us with Asperger's (myself and my partner included) who go out of our way to do things to increase our charisma, so while we may still be seen as weird or eccentric, we can bluff like nobody's business.

Back on Topic: My worst character was a miserably-rolled character who really wanted to be a ranger, but he failed terribly at it, so all he could do was kill rats. The party kept him alive because anytime there was vermin around, he'd get all excited and dash off into certain danger. He was the beginning of many a plot hook.

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-20, 12:30 PM
I once rolled straight 13's and ended up with a halfling warlock. Fun character.

Greenish
2010-10-20, 12:55 PM
who go out of our way to do things to increase our charisma,What, like hunt bookstores for a stray Tome of Leadership and Influence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#tomeofLeadershipandInfluence)? :smallamused:

grimbold
2010-10-20, 01:12 PM
i rolled up a half-orc cleric once in pf, he was a half-orc because i thought it might be interesting... he had 3 intelligence and 5 charisma, and about 14 strength, he did have 20 wisdom.
It was weird playing him he was wise but dumb as a rock, in fact the dm decided that he was so dumb that their was an improbability factor and a 10% chance of spells failing because "He Forgot" (i have a cruel DM and i'm down with that) surprisingly he lived for a while the greates threat to his life being the other players. He got no skill points though :(.
For a while he was called "Stupid ******* Cleric!"

Ceaon
2010-10-20, 02:09 PM
This one time, I had rolled a 13, 13, 11, 9, 8, 4 (3.5 D&D, with 3d6).
I immediately decided the 4 meant I had to play a half-orc since with the 4 put in intelligence, because I'd gain a 'free' +1 to intelligence that way.

So I made him a half-orc sorcerer who focused on save-or-sucks and buffs.
Str 10, Dex 11, Con 13, Int 3, Wis 9, Cha 11. Total modifier -4. Optimized the frick out of him, at least as well as I could with those stats. Had to invest quickly in charisma buffing items because he could only cast cantrips and level 1 spells initially (we started a level 6).

He was a lot of fun. I played him as a complete barbaric and disturbed, left for dead by his orc mother who had not wanted him. He had been raised by wild animals, but one day discovered he had arcane talent and decided with undeserved confidence he would learn how to use it.

The rest of the party was something like a monk/healbot/power attack rogue so I wasn't that much weaker than the others.

Looking back, I could have also made him a druid.

mucat
2010-10-20, 02:34 PM
Most lackluster character I remember rolling had no terrible scores, but no good ones either; he was pretty much 10s, 11s, and 12s across the board. I think there might have been one 13.

The DM would have allowed a reroll, but I decided to stick with the scores, because they gave me an idea for a character I really liked. He was an old farmer who had trained as a druid in his youth, but had simply not been very good at it, and had been too impatient to put up with the slow progress he was making. So he had returned to farming, had married, raised children, and lived a full and happy life. He would not have traded his life for anything, but he did always wonder what he had missed by giving up the druidical life...so now, as an old man, he has decided to find out. His children are grown and off pursuing their own lives, his wife died several years ago, and with all his important obligations fulfilled, he returns to the forest to make peace with the other life he might have lived.

The character would not have worked nearly so well with high stats. Even with the old-age bonuses to mental stats, he was still just kind of wise, kind of smart, and in decent physical shape for his age...all he really had going for him was the knowledge that he had lived well, paid his dues, and had nothing left to prove.

He did pull his weight in his adventuring party, even as a low-level druid with no wild shape to mitigate the low physical stats. He gave good advice, used his handful of spells to good advantage, and brought along a wolf who definitely made herself useful. Many of the other adventurers were sons or daughters of people he had known for decades. He might not be as smart, as strong, or as fast as some of them, but he had damned well learned a thing or two in his life, and he was determined to use every trick he knew to keep the "youngsters" alive at all cost.

The campaign folded fairly early, but he will always be one of my favorite characters.

Magnema
2010-10-20, 04:25 PM
I rolled up a character with a 6 and an 8. Put the 6 in dex, 8 in str, gnomish druid. This was a 3.0/3.5 mix. I had an ape animal companion (nat bond), but was adventuring solo besides that.

Towards the end of the adventure, I commented that it seemed like an escorting mission, and I was the one being escorted. In fact, the DM insisted I split the XP with my animal companion because he was doing all of the work... (This was a CR 2 creature facing off vs. CR 1 encounters!)

The one time I almost died was v. a krenshar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/krenshar.htm), because we both got scared, and so I kept running. That... hurt. Fortunately, I had a lesser vigor prepared for after the battle...

Morithias
2010-10-20, 06:03 PM
What, like hunt bookstores for a stray Tome of Leadership and Influence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#tomeofLeadershipandInfluence)? :smallamused:

More like practice social interaction.

Greenish
2010-10-20, 06:14 PM
More like practice social interaction.That'd be taking ranks in Diplomacy (and bluff, if only for synergy bonus), no?

Jjeinn-tae
2010-10-20, 09:39 PM
...must it necessarily be rolls? Because I once had all 1s except an Int of 3 in a PbP game that ground to a halt while I was off on a trip. DM had that assigned due to an idea that I had put forth on these boards.

Otherwise, I got nothing, as I DM prettymuch all the time, save for 4E and SWSE and those were point buy.

Hmm, you beat me to the punch M-Bark, I was going to mention it.

Though said characters in the game were all diminutive size, and we had quite the spread of characters, a bard, a warlock or two, a binder, Dragonfire Adept, and I was a Spell-Thief. The best character idea there though (I think at least) was a monk, we were hoping we'd get to the point where he'd be able to wrestle dragons down to the ground.

Psyren
2010-10-20, 09:43 PM
Interestingly, Warocks and Binders can get by with truly dismal rolls. Even more interestingly, the fluff of Binding suggests that more than a few practitioners are seduced to the practice by failing at everything else in life.

Hmm, that might actually be a fun concept for a low-power game...

Jjeinn-tae
2010-10-20, 09:53 PM
Interestingly, Warocks and Binders can get by with truly dismal rolls. Even more interestingly, the fluff of Binding suggests that more than a few practitioners are seduced to the practice by failing at everything else in life.

Hmm, that might actually be a fun concept for a low-power game...

Hmm... that reminds me of something... Thank you TvTropes. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisLoserIsYou?from=Main.YouSuck)

Edit:
Er... maybe I should clarify that I'm not trying to insult you, WotC is obviously retroactively insulting any who enjoy roleplaying games... Of course, just me bringing this up casts light on the possibility that I was trying to insult you... Curse you internet for your ambiguity.

erikun
2010-10-20, 10:36 PM
I had an AD&D character who could not qualify for any class. That's right, he had 8 or less in STR and DEX, and less than 10 in INT and WIS.

After transferring some points from CON into WIS to allow qualification for a Cleric, I rolled his Hit Point total for... 1 HP. Well, at least he won't be wasting his one Cure Light Wounds spell on himself. (The Fighter in the party had 2 HP. The Wizard had 3 HP.)

Psyren
2010-10-20, 10:50 PM
Hmm... that reminds me of something... Thank you TvTropes. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisLoserIsYou?from=Main.YouSuck)

Edit:
Er... maybe I should clarify that I'm not trying to insult you, WotC is obviously retroactively insulting any who enjoy roleplaying games... Of course, just me bringing this up casts light on the possibility that I was trying to insult you... Curse you internet for your ambiguity.

No worries, I understood what you were getting at :smallsmile:
Though D&D actually avoids that trope like the plague, doing everything it can as a system to make the PC classes into heroes.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-10-21, 01:36 AM
No worries, I understood what you were getting at :smallsmile:
Though D&D actually avoids that trope like the plague, doing everything it can as a system to make the PC classes into heroes.

Now I feel I shouldn't have bothered with the post though... I will never link TvTropes again, that place is like a sinkhole. What is it? Four hours now?

I actually hadn't really noticed that, but yeah, they seem very careful to avoid that usually. I still think that part had tinges though, tinges of you know what.

TheThan
2010-10-21, 01:43 AM
He wasn’t mine, but I really enjoyed,

Gorshak the grim.

A half-orc barbarian with 4 int and 3 wisdom I believe, he got easily confused. Lets see, he mistook the local sheriff for a sewer monster that was terrorizing the town and then discovered that he liked beer, but the party wouldn’t let him drink a lot of it (drunken barbarian with little wis is a very bad idea).

Rixx
2010-10-21, 02:59 AM
Got a 7, 8, and 18 once. Used it to make a Sorcerer with 7 Int, 8 Wis, and 20 Cha (PF boost) named Miles, who thought his magic made him the best fighter ever (he had a Fighter level and used a greatsword). Personality was more or less DBZ Abridged series Goku (that is, extremely optimistic, outgoing, and really, really dumb).

We still tell Miles stories.

Psyren
2010-10-21, 09:23 AM
I actually hadn't really noticed that, but yeah, they seem very careful to avoid that usually. I still think that part had tinges though, tinges of you know what.

Indeed. Even the weakest-tier classes are capable of quite superhuman feats; Truenamers, Samurai, Monks, Fighters etc.

Compare that to, say, CoC, which is a much better example of ThisLoserIsYou in action. (I confess I'm no expert on Cthulhu by any means... I'm not even sure I spelled it right.)

tbarrie
2010-10-21, 11:56 AM
What, like hunt bookstores for a stray Tome of Leadership and Influence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#tomeofLeadershipandInfluence)? :smallamused:

http://www.amazon.ca/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

Morithias
2010-10-21, 02:25 PM
http://www.amazon.ca/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

....That's actually pretty accurate.

subject42
2010-10-21, 07:46 PM
I played a Pathfinder Tomb of Horrors game where one of the characters that I rolled up was a bard that had an 18 charisma and nothing higher than an 11 in any other stat (most were single digit). I played him up as a creepy lounge-lizard stat and took the feat Dazzling Display: Blowgun. We're still trying to figure out what that looked like.

His blowgun did 1d8 + 1d6 + 1d4 + 1d3 + 1d2 + 1 nonlethal force damage. We ended up calling it "Auld Roofie" and the warforged ranger got it after he got splattered all over a chaotic stupid psion in the party.

Noldor
2010-10-22, 01:03 AM
I had an archer whose 6 wisdom was the perfect excuse to play Chaotic Stupid.

"Corda the Insane" broke his longbow on a "fumble" (crit miss under modified rules). The temple that hired our party gave him a new one, which he promptly tested by firing it straight upward. When the arrow landed in one of their acolytes, Corda had to spend the night in "the closet," a room that was tall enough to stand in, but so narrow that he couldn't sit, kneel, or more importantly sleep.

When we returned to the temple the next week, Corda's only question was "Can I sleep in the closet again?" He then got to role on the "random insanity table" (1st edition). Later in the game, 2 other characters got into a sword fight over something or other. One of them put up a wall of fog around the combat. Corda's solution was to fire randomly into the fog bank. One character was killed. The other had damage reduction, but was happy enough to "return your projectiles" in the form of thrown daggers, ending Corda's rampage of silliness.