PDA

View Full Version : Attacks of Opportunity in Grapple

Darwin
2010-10-19, 05:07 PM
Is there a feat that allows you to make attacks of opportunity while grappling? I'm building a Chwidencha as a miniboss by switching out a few feats, specifically I'm trying to make full effect of Large and In Charge by using the Chwidencha's Improved Grab to take a single opponent out while pushing the rest of the group away. Sad thing is, as long as it's in grapple it won't threaten any squares. Is there a (rules-legal) way around this little doozy? :smallamused:

jumpet
2010-10-19, 05:13 PM
Improved Grab lets you take -20 to grapple checks and not be considered 'in a grapple'.

Keld Denar
2010-10-19, 05:22 PM
On top of the above mentioned Improved Grab, there are the feats Multigrab and Improved Multigrab in Savage Species that reduce that -20 by 10 each, down to no penalty. That means that your boss could grab one guy and munch on his head while tossing everyone else away with his other arm for no penalty. Brutal, yet effective.

Darwin
2010-10-19, 05:29 PM
I love you guys. This is exactly what I needed :smallbiggrin: My players are not gonna like me for this one.

Prime32
2010-10-19, 05:33 PM
I'm playing a mimic with Combat Reflexes and Greater Multigrab in a PbP game. Fun times. :smallbiggrin: