PDA

View Full Version : Do outsiders gain weight?

Morithias
2010-10-19, 08:19 PM
I know they don't technically have to eat.

Like if there was a succubus who say, really enjoyed food, art, and so on. And lived in the material world making statues and eating 'exotic' food. Would she gain weight overtime?

AslanCross
2010-10-19, 08:23 PM
Pretty sure there's no RAW answer to this one. I think outsiders' forms are defined more by their essence (the seductive aspects of hedonism and corruption in chaos and evil, in the succubus's case) than their actions. Since they do not become thin and gaunt if they do not eat, I'd think that in the same way they do not become obese if they overeat.

For the same reason, a balor is always enormous and flaming, a nalfeshnee is always corpulent and yet able to fly, and a hezrou is always froglike and smelly.

A native outsider, however, could become obese or malnourished.

Xefas
2010-10-19, 08:24 PM
I would say "no". We mortals gain weight because our body stores leftover energy from the food we consume so that when we don't have enough food, we can use that stored energy instead.

Outsiders have bodies spawned from the fabric of the multiverse. They don't need to store energy, so their bodies probably don't produce fat, simply because they don't need that natural process.

There are, of course, fat nasty demons and devils, but that's more an aesthetic choice of the multiverse. Gluttony and hedonism are evil, fiends are evil, so some fiends need to embody gluttony and what better way to show it off than fat?

My take, anyway. You could do it however you want in your own game.

Marnath
2010-10-19, 08:25 PM
I'd say they probably have 100% efficient metabolisms, even though they don't need to eat. They're better than mortals, after all.

Valameer
2010-10-19, 08:29 PM
No rules to back me up, but I would suggest this:

Outsiders are, in essence, manifestations of their own souls. Therefore, if they become obese 'in spirit,' their physical body also becomes obese.

Just like how they get more powerful when they... well, get more powerful.

So a succubus merely eating wouldn't physically effect her form. But one who's 'spirit' shifts towards one of gluttony and indulgence, she might begin to manifest a physical appearance that reflects this.

One thing that makes succubi so sexy, attractive and wicked is that they are the physical manifestation of a very sexual, vain, and cruel soul.

Morithias
2010-10-19, 08:35 PM

Outsiders are, in essence, manifestations of their own souls. Therefore, if they become obese 'in spirit,' their physical body also becomes obese.

So a succubus merely eating wouldn't physically effect her form. But one who's 'spirit' shifts towards one of gluttony and indulgence, she might begin to manifest a physical appearance that reflects this.

One thing that makes succubi so sexy, attractive and wicked is that they are the physical manifestation of a very sexual, vain, and cruel soul.

That....actually makes a lot of sense...it also fits with what little we know about the fall of the angels, and them making themselves more demon like to fight them.

So a vain, gluttonous, succubus artist, would basically look like the most extreme version of that said person, just with demon wings/skin and very charismatic. XD

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 08:38 PM
Fiendish Codex I says demons at least can "eat tons of food, with no effect or consequence"

So I'd say no they don't gain weight.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-19, 08:40 PM

Like if there was a succubus who say, really enjoyed food, art, and so on. And lived in the material world making statues and eating 'exotic' food. Would she gain weight overtime?

I don't know, but I'd certainly don't hope so. If succubi started putting on weight, their seduction powers might actually start to work on me! :smalleek:

Marnath
2010-10-19, 08:43 PM
I don't know, but I'd certainly don't hope so. If succubi started putting on weight, their seduction powers might actually start to work on me! :smalleek:

I'd imagine they'd send a succubi that fits your desires perfectly if they wanted you.... it's not like reading minds is hard. :smallwink:

Morithias
2010-10-19, 08:50 PM
I'd imagine they'd send a succubi that fits your desires perfectly if they wanted you.... it's not like reading minds is hard. :smallwink:

That and the whole "change self polymorph expy" power. LOL

jmbrown
2010-10-19, 09:10 PM
Of course they gain/lose weight. Just ask Orcus.

He was once a fat, grotesque demon with manboobs.

http://i55.tinypic.com/ejzj43.jpg

But after trying Eight Thousand Year Abs, he's a beast!
http://i54.tinypic.com/29bz8h.jpg

He even went on to win the Planar World Wide Demonweight Championship. Every balor wants to be him. Marilith want to be with him. Dretch want to be consumed by him!

Xefas
2010-10-19, 09:11 PM

I like my succubi like I like my coffee. (Assuming there's coffee like this:)
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/zoe.jpg

Grommen
2010-10-19, 10:09 PM

But after trying Eight Thousand Year Abs, he's a beast!
http://i54.tinypic.com/29bz8h.jpg

He even went on to win the Planar World Wide Demonweight Championship. Every balor wants to be him. Marilith want to be with him. Dretch want to be consumed by him!

He is one Sexy beast no?

I think the original, lets say "Fat Orcus" was the demon prince of gluttony as well as the undead. Then he got his happy but slayed by adventures, and had to work his way back from the dead. Now he is the demon Prince of the Undead. He lost the gluttony portfolio somewhere along the way.

Tvtyrant
2010-10-19, 11:20 PM

Yes, Orcus was fat from overeating and being lazy. If one of the Demon Princes can, so can others.

Ninjaed quite awhile ago I guess.

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 05:38 AM
Yes, Orcus was fat from overeating and being lazy. If one of the Demon Princes can, so can others.

Ninjaed quite awhile ago I guess.

Then he fits quite perfectly under the following explanation, I'd say:

Khatoblepas
2010-10-20, 05:58 AM
Is he... wielding a turkey drumstick? Not capturing Orcus at his best, there.

I'd say it depends on their plane of origin. Lawful creatures are less likely to change their forms based on their personality. Modrons CAN'T change forms. Chaotic creatures have more pliability in their forms, so you're more likely to see fat slaadi and ta'anarii than ba'atezu. Slaadi because, well, they can be anything and it's statistically probable for them to exist. Ta'anarii don't have a rigid hierarchy and there are infinite numbers of them. One of them's bound to be a fatass by choice or deed. So you'll see a lot more chunky balors than pit fiends. Which is probably why the Abyss doesn't really have an advantage in the Blood Wars.

Since Succubi are CE, the most humanlike of ta'anarii, and also the most corruptable (how many redeemed balors or quasits have you seen compared to succubi?), they would probably be the most malleable in terms of forms. If she believed her lifestyle would lead to that, it would.

Also, the "obese in spirit" theory has rules precident. Outsiders don't have body/soul duality, so their body IS their soul, and their soul IS their body.

Eldan
2010-10-20, 06:02 AM
That raises a good point, however: if chubby women were considered sexy on the prime material (as they were, from time to time in human history), I guess Succubi would change accordingly.

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 06:07 AM
That raises a good point, however: if chubby women were considered sexy on the prime material (as they were, from time to time in human history), I guess Succubi would change accordingly.

Not 'chubby.' Rubenesque. Let's be PC, here.

Lev
2010-10-20, 06:08 AM
Chub was a sign of beauty and health, not necessarily sexuality.

DnD is more based on a modern extrapolation of history anyway.

Eldan
2010-10-20, 06:09 AM
Not 'chubby.' Rubenesque. Let's be PC, here.

Me no speaky english native. Me not know PC words. :smalltongue:

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 06:12 AM
Me no speaky english native. Me not know PC words. :smalltongue:

That's ok. I had to look up the spelling. Rubens was Flemish, by the way. I didn't know that, either.

Mordokai
2010-10-20, 06:21 AM
Funny this topic came along the way. I just had a interesting question popped up and I wasn't quite sure of the answer, so I'll ask it here, since it's at least at it's basic connected to Morithias' question and I hope he won't mind too much :smallbiggrin:

Assuming there would be such thing as blood donor giving drives and further assuming that a succubus would want to participate in one (for whatever reasons)... would she leak blood or something else, whatever passes for blood in demons? She would of course be using her Alter Self ability, to pass herself as a normal human being. And assuming once again that there would be actual blood to be had, would it change back once the succubus took her natural (unnatural?) shape again or would it stay, well, blood? I'm fairly sure it wouldn't change once already in a bottle, but with such chaotic beings you can never be sure :smallbiggrin:

TricksyAndFalse
2010-10-20, 06:35 AM

Is he... wielding a turkey drumstick? Not capturing Orcus at his best, there.

Heh. That's the Wand of Orcus. Looks like the wand has also slimmed down. You can see its ribs now.

EDIT: On closer look, that's a spine. :smallfrown:

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 06:41 AM
Funny this topic came along the way. I just had a interesting question popped up and I wasn't quite sure of the answer, so I'll ask it here, since it's at least at it's basic connected to Morithias' question and I hope he won't mind too much :smallbiggrin:

Assuming there would be such thing as blood donor giving drives and further assuming that a succubus would want to participate in one (for whatever reasons)... would she leak blood or something else, whatever passes for blood in demons? She would of course be using her Alter Self ability, to pass herself as a normal human being. And assuming once again that there would be actual blood to be had, would it change back once the succubus took her natural (unnatural?) shape again or would it stay, well, blood? I'm fairly sure it wouldn't change once already in a bottle, but with such chaotic beings you can never be sure :smallbiggrin:

I'd call it ichor, personally, and I would probably use it as a dead giveaway that something's not right here. In other words, I'd make her leak ichor in all of her forms, because her true form is that of a demon. Jut my take on it, though.

hewhosaysfish
2010-10-20, 06:42 AM

Looking in the SRDL:

Any part of the body or piece of equipment that is separated from the whole reverts to its true form.
I guess fluids count as "part of the body"?

BobVosh
2010-10-20, 06:50 AM
I like my succubi like I like my coffee. (Assuming there's coffee like this:)

Aww, the link was blocked at work so I have no clue what it is. So I'm going to assume ground up and in your freezer. That is a good paladin attitude to have.

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 06:55 AM
Aww, the link was blocked at work so I have no clue what it is. So I'm going to assume ground up and in your freezer. That is a good paladin attitude to have.

For a second there I thought you said, "That's a good place for your Paladin, too." And I was about to agree with that...:smalltongue:

Reynard
2010-10-20, 06:57 AM

...No, that isn't what it was a picture of.

It was a picture of Zoe from Firefly. So, um. That's faintly creepy.

Eldan
2010-10-20, 07:03 AM
Gotcha. Succubi are very loyal, heavily armed and wear hidden armour.

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 07:15 AM
Gotcha. Succubi are very loyal, heavily armed and wear hidden armour.

I've had a party with a Succubus like that...

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 07:22 AM
I've had a party with a Succubus like that...

You partied with a Succubus? You're still alive to tell the tale?
Lucky dog...

jmbrown
2010-10-20, 07:23 AM
Chub was a sign of beauty and health, not necessarily sexuality.

DnD is more based on a modern extrapolation of history anyway.

Yeah, considering rather alien races like dragonborn and dwarves have the same concepts of human beauty (tons o' cleavage and shaving respectively).

Heh. That's the Wand of Orcus. Looks like the wand has also slimmed down. You can see its ribs now.

It's assumed 4e Orcus' wand is actually the head of a dead god or something.

I don't know how to explain the wrestling championship belt.

PopcornMage
2010-10-20, 09:37 AM

The connection between Professional Wrestling and the Lower Hells isn't obvious?

Where do you think they get their story ideas from?

Morithias
2010-10-20, 09:38 AM
Just to confirm with everyone talking about standards of beauty, I just used succubus cause it's the most common outsider references as PC or NPC that isn't there just to be killed.

The thread was more about all outsiders, (Angel, Devil, Etc). But seeing how we seem to have consented on the "They look like what their soul truly has become" theme. (Which makes a ton of sense, and is VERY clever. Hats off.) I think I've gotten my answer.

As for the blood drive, I would have to agree on it being Demon blood....however, has it ever actually in canon been given a color?

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 09:39 AM
Yeah, considering rather alien races like dragonborn and dwarves have the same concepts of human beauty (tons o' cleavage and shaving respectively).

Frankly, the only source, ever, where I have read about dwarven women with facial hair (not just passing mention by some character, but stated as fact in a rulebook or shown by a female dwarf character in a novel) is the book The Dwarves by Markus Heitz.

Though I do still agree dragoncleavage is just nuts.

Eldan
2010-10-20, 09:40 AM
Given that they are demon, and there's pretty much no standard among them anyway, I'd say that their blood colour would also vary.

jmbrown
2010-10-20, 09:42 AM
The connection between Professional Wrestling and the Lower Hells isn't obvious?

Where do you think they get their story ideas from?

I'm picturing Orcus giving dramatic asides as he choke slams a masked adventurer into oblivion.

As for the blood drive, I would have to agree on it being Demon blood....however, has it ever actually in canon been given a color?

Good question. I'll have to look through my collection of D&D art books. Aside from some bare breasts in early editions, D&D art shied away from outright violence past a PG rating. I always assumed it was black.

Morithias
2010-10-20, 09:42 AM
Frankly, the only source, ever, where I have read about dwarven women with facial hair (not just passing mention by some character, but stated as fact in a rulebook or shown by a female dwarf character in a novel) is the book The Dwarves by Markus Heitz.

....When 4.0 was released wasn't there a huge debate on the WOTC forum about like 'dragonbreasts' or something like that?

Wait I just realized something... Are there TN outsiders?

Mordokai
2010-10-20, 09:45 AM
Given that they are demon, and there's pretty much no standard among them anyway, I'd say that their blood colour would also vary.

Just great. With high enough bluff (something a succubus is certainly able to do), you can always blame it on the... substances :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
....When 4.0 was released wasn't there a huge debate on the WOTC forum about like 'dragonbreasts' or something like that?

Yes.

There are. Rilmani for instance. Or the Lady of Pain.

Zaydos
Rilmani, Fiendish Folio.

Edit: Ninja'd.

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 09:46 AM
Yeah, it was about mammalian secondary sexual characteristics on non-mammalian races (Dragonbewbs).

....Wait I just realized something... Are there TN outsiders?
Yes, the Rilmani. (I think that's what they were called).

EDIT: Crap, double ninja'd.

EDIT again: Mmmmmm...stale circus peanuts...YUMMY! :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 09:48 AM
Rilmani, Fiendish Folio.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Yes, the Rilmani. (I think that's what they were called).

EDIT: Crap, double ninja'd.

What I find most funny about this double ninja is that neither of you mentioned the Lady of Pain. For shame! :smalltongue:

To the mazes with you berks!

Zaydos
2010-10-20, 09:53 AM
What I find most funny about this double ninja is that neither of you mentioned the Lady of Pain. For shame! :smalltongue:

To the mazes with you berks!

Because her alignment was never confirmed to be True Neutral and her actions could also be taken as Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil (especially since the original Planescape boxed set liked saying the prevalent theory was that she was a rogue arch-devil).

Eldan
2010-10-20, 09:57 AM
I'd put her as true neutral myself as well, though lawful leaning. Especially since she's been decimating the Free League.

Anyway, we're not even sure she's an outsider. Probably the most fitting type, though.

PopcornMage
2010-10-20, 10:17 AM

Obligatory OOTS
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html)

As for the Lady of Pain, her alignment is Lady of Pain or if you want, DM.

jiriku
2010-10-20, 11:08 AM
He is one Sexy beast no?

I think the original, lets say "Fat Orcus" was the demon prince of gluttony as well as the undead. Then he got his happy but slayed by adventures, and had to work his way back from the dead. Now he is the demon Prince of the Undead. He lost the gluttony portfolio somewhere along the way.

Orcus enrolled in the Billy Blanks Taibo Workout program.

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 11:10 AM
Orcus enrolled in the Billy Blanks Taibo Workout program.

No, he was trained by Jillian Michaels. Better eye candy, there.

Saintheart
2010-10-20, 11:30 AM
So outsiders don't gain weight?

Suddenly much about the fashion industry makes so much more sense, though I'm pretty sure they're all from a CE plane.

Asheram
2010-10-20, 11:36 AM
There are. Rilmani for instance. Or the Lady of Pain.

Really? I always imagined The Lady of Pain as Lawful Evil with a sort of "Here are the rules, there will be no warning, no mercy, you break them and you will Pay." attitude

dsmiles
2010-10-20, 11:41 AM
Really? I always imagined The Lady of Pain as Lawful Evil with a sort of "Here are the rules, there will be no warning, no mercy, you break them and you will Pay." attitude

IIRC, back in the day, when the FIRST Planescape books came out, she was LE, then got changed to LN later.

Asheram
2010-10-20, 11:55 AM
IIRC, back in the day, when the FIRST Planescape books came out, she was LE, then got changed to LN later.

Bah... sounds like a whole "No Ravenloft in my Planecape" deal.

Tanuki Tales
2010-10-20, 12:21 PM

*cough*Discworld*cough*

PopcornMage
2010-10-20, 12:26 PM

I don't think you do recall correctly. I don't even recall her being stat'ed in the Planescape boxed set.

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 12:32 PM
*cough*Discworld*cough*

Never read any of it, so there.

Tanuki Tales
2010-10-20, 12:36 PM
Never read any of it, so there.

That's a shame.

There is no female style of clothing or female pronoun; there are no female names in dwarfish. Both male dwarfs and female dwarfs naturally have beards and it has never occurred to any dwarf to shave, and thus doing so is considered undwarfish and shameful. The gender of a dwarf is only revealed to those concerned, during courtship, when at age two hundred the concerned parties are deemed mature enough to handle it without giggling (gender not being considered important by most dwarfs compared to things such as metallurgy and hydraulics). An interesting implication of this custom is that there is no gender discrimination when a dwarf seeks a job position or tries to make a career or open a business.

Forensics Watchdwarf Cheery Littlebottom clarifies this superficial equality by explaining while dwarf women are allowed do anything men can do, they are expected to only do those things; acting "female" has less to do with sexism and more to do with acting undwarfish. When she started wearing makeup, leather skirt (very plain-styled), and an armor that is modified in the chest region, a cultural revolution began (see Feet of Clay), leading to much internal conflict in dwarf politics. Nowadays, traditional-minded dwarfs hate not only openly female young dwarfs, but also dwarfs who spend too much time in the sun and cooperate much with humans or tolerate trolls. To traditional-minded dwarfs, a dwarf's proper place is deep underground in a mine. Dwarfs have a natural lifespan of several hundred years, so they have a lot of time to get set in their ways and fuel old feuds. (See The Fifth Elephant and Thud!.)

LibraryOgre
2010-10-20, 01:54 PM
Pretty much only if she wanted to, for a couple of reasons.

1) She can change shape, at will. Want to seduce the Mars of Willendorf? Then look like his Venus.

2) Her body isn't really a living thing, especially not on the Prime. It's more a construct (not a Construct), which her demonic spirit inhabits. She can will it to gain weight, or just use the food to maintain what is there... or ignore food completely for centuries, and maintain her body simply by maintaining her body.

EDIT: And, for what it's worth, I maintain that dragons are monotremes.

Maryring
2010-10-20, 04:27 PM

It's assumed 4e Orcus' wand is actually the head of a dead god or something.

Orcus won Mr. Abyss sometime during the third edition. He only got second in Mr. Universe Multiplanes though. Lost to some upstart Hound Archon.

... you know, that actually sounds like a fun game.

jmbrown
2010-10-21, 12:58 AM

R.A. Salvatore's dwarf women have short beards. At least they did in Icewind Dale and some of his books from the mid-90s. I haven't read any of his recent material.

I like my dwarf women with long, pronounced sideburns.

Amiel
2010-10-21, 01:03 AM

I think Orcus was corpulent because he was filled with so much hate; he consumed not for survival nor for the act itself, but because it destroyed objects and sentient beings. He consumed with spite.

Morithias
2010-10-21, 01:09 AM
Orcus won Mr. Abyss sometime during the third edition. He only got second in Mr. Universe Multiplanes though. Lost to some upstart Hound Archon.

... you know, that actually sounds like a fun game.

Professional Wrestlers that are creatures from fantasy and science fiction? I like it...someone contact the wwf, I can smell the ratings already!

BobVosh
2010-10-21, 01:23 AM
Professional Wrestlers that are creatures from fantasy and science fiction? I like it...someone contact the wwf, I can smell the ratings already!

May I present the Ultimo Tarrasco Jr. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9465081&postcount=102) from the last Iron Chef competition. Also the winner of that particular one, by Gilded Drake.

A wonderful multiverso Half-Ogre Luchador.

Morithias
2010-10-21, 06:31 AM
May I present the Ultimo Tarrasco Jr. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9465081&postcount=102) from the last Iron Chef competition. Also the winner of that particular one, by Gilded Drake.

A wonderful multiverso Half-Ogre Luchador.

Actually I wasn't kidding. Someone put that on tv. Screw watching bulky men fight other bulky men. I want to see angel punch out a robot, a devil punch out a little girl, only for the girl to come back to life as a ghost and fight the devil gentleman ghost style in a round 2-two-part-special.

Seriously it's tongue in cheek, funny as hell, and opens up areas for a TON of special effects and crazy story lines. It's perfect for the wrestling circuit.

Eldan
2010-10-21, 06:33 AM
Hmm. As long as not too much magic is used. High-level magic contests would either be near invisible until one mage falls over or starts worshiping the other, or level continents.

BobVosh
2010-10-21, 06:56 AM
Hmm. As long as not too much magic is used. High-level magic contests would either be near invisible until one mage falls over or starts worshiping the other, or level continents.

Obviously you would need a TV like the IFCC uses here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0656.html).

Eldan
2010-10-21, 07:12 AM
What I meant was more that they would teleport in, near simultaneously, a few contingencies would go off, time would be stopped, there would be a disjunction, a mind rape and over. All in about ten seconds.

Keld Denar
2010-10-21, 10:58 AM
All in about ten seconds.

And THATS why wizards can't keep a steady girlfriend. The 12 second adventuring day just doesn't satisfy. :smallcool:

Morithias
2010-10-21, 02:24 PM
And THATS why wizards can't keep a steady girlfriend. The 12 second adventuring day just doesn't satisfy. :smallcool:

That has got to be both the worst, and best insult I have ever seen on this forum. Hats off to Keld Denar, the person brave enough to insult the wizard's sexual ability.

PopcornMage
2010-10-21, 02:49 PM
Seriously it's tongue in cheek, funny as hell, and opens up areas for a TON of special effects and crazy story lines. It's perfect for the wrestling circuit.

Been there, done that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fighting_games)...in JAPAN! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinnikuman)

Morithias
2010-10-21, 02:56 PM
Been there, done that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fighting_games)...in JAPAN! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinnikuman)

Seen that show to a degree. It was funny, but it was more "superhero" than "Fantasy/Sci-fi" so I still think the new idea can work good too.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-21, 04:19 PM
And, for what it's worth, I maintain that dragons are monotremes.

So their blindsense is like the platypus's electrical sense, some are poisonous like platypi are poisonous, some are spiky like echidnas are spiky, they breathe fire using their body heat, electricity or whatever else by turning thermal energy into electrical energy or by handwaved physical processes? That kinda makes sense, actually.

Keld Denar
2010-10-21, 04:53 PM
Wait...does that mean that dragons have pouches? Dude, I wanna ride in a dragon's pouch!

SurlySeraph
2010-10-21, 06:04 PM
I've seen interpretations that they do, such as Boston and Shaun (Tangent and warning: Boston and Shaun is completely incoherent, made by someone who appears to be genuinely mentally unwell, and is a strong contender for the worst webcomic in the world. Do not read it if you want your sanity to remain intact). But then, interpretations of dragons range from the good old big dumb mean flying snake to shiny-scaled magical genius lizards of unshakable virtue.

dsmiles
2010-10-21, 06:04 PM
Wait...does that mean that dragons have pouches? Dude, I wanna ride in a dragon's pouch!

Wait.

Dude, I wanna ride in a dragon's pouch!

WHAT? :smalleek:

Keld Denar
2010-10-21, 06:19 PM
Never mind...I got my monotremes and my marsupials mixed up. My bad.

Still, imagine a dragon with a pouch...

dsmiles
2010-10-21, 06:30 PM
Still, imagine a dragon with a pouch...

This is what I was eek-ing about. Not the monotreme and marsupial mix-up.

Although, didn't Puff the Magic Dragon have a pouch, or something?

BobVosh
2010-10-21, 07:15 PM

...I so want to as well. It makes as much sense as anything else, these monotremes used their magic to change themselves to give themselves a "hoard-pouch." Just imagine how cool that would be. So much better than riding a dragon is too ride in its pouch.

ideasmith
2010-10-21, 08:58 PM

Ravid (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ravid). From the 3.5 Monster Manual. The 3.5 Monster Manual.

Valameer
2010-10-21, 09:59 PM
I thought The Simpsons clearly showed that "riding in a pouch" is a lot less cool than it seems. :smalltongue:

Marnath
2010-10-21, 11:25 PM
I've seen interpretations that they do, such as Boston and Shaun (Tangent and warning: Boston and Shaun is completely incoherent, made by someone who appears to be genuinely mentally unwell, and is a strong contender for the worst webcomic in the world. Do not read it if you want your sanity to remain intact). But then, interpretations of dragons range from the good old big dumb mean flying snake to shiny-scaled magical genius lizards of unshakable virtue.

I knew immediately I would regret it, but a statement like that made me seek out the webcomic in question. It can indeed be summed up by "WTF...?"

BobVosh
2010-10-22, 01:09 AM
I knew immediately I would regret it, but a statement like that made me seek out the webcomic in question. It can indeed be summed up by "WTF...?"

Your post has caused me to do the same. I feel like I lost a few IQ points there.

Amiel
2010-10-22, 02:21 AM
Most outsiders are usually incarnate ideals given substance and thought, however, if their particular "portfolio" and providence is tied to, say, gluttony, excessive eating, famine et al, then they would probably indeed gain weight.

Maryring
2010-10-25, 05:56 PM
Actually I wasn't kidding. Someone put that on tv. Screw watching bulky men fight other bulky men. I want to see angel punch out a robot, a devil punch out a little girl, only for the girl to come back to life as a ghost and fight the devil gentleman ghost style in a round 2-two-part-special.

I would certainly watch it. And I don't usually watch wrestling anyway.

LibraryOgre
2010-10-26, 11:13 AM
So their blindsense is like the platypus's electrical sense, some are poisonous like platypi are poisonous, some are spiky like echidnas are spiky, they breathe fire using their body heat, electricity or whatever else by turning thermal energy into electrical energy or by handwaved physical processes? That kinda makes sense, actually.

I was mostly going on the "They are scaled, warm-blooded, usually have manes or other forms of hair, but lay eggs", because those others aren't universal traits of dragons... but, yeah.

Ragitsu
2010-10-27, 04:47 PM
D&D succubi? I'd say they can't gain weight from food, but can "let themselves go" if it suits their needs.

Khatoblepas
2010-10-27, 06:03 PM
I think Orcus was corpulent because he was filled with so much hate; he consumed not for survival nor for the act itself, but because it destroyed objects and sentient beings. He consumed with spite.

Orcus was a comfort eater?

"I eat because of my hatred! My hatred is because I eat! It's a vicious cycle!"

I want to see angel punch out a robot, a devil punch out a little girl, only for the girl to come back to life as a ghost and fight the devil gentleman ghost style in a round 2-two-part-special.

A thousand times, this. And philosophical dukes about Law and Chaos, Good and Evil. "The ends justifies the means!" "Justify this! *whacks with chair. A silvered, +5 flaming chair.*"

Pro Wrestling would become the sport of kings. There's already the melodrama. Add lofty ideals and AoE magical attacks and you got the best sport in the world.

dsmiles
2010-10-27, 06:49 PM

To be fair to the poor, fat, demon prince, it was sympathy weight (for all the breeding, pregnant succubi).

LOTRfan
2010-10-27, 07:23 PM

Can I sig it?