PDA

View Full Version : Rogue and Oracle questions (Pathfinder.)

Otherworld Odd
2010-10-19, 09:52 PM
I'm going to go ahead and make a thread for both of my questions. My friend and I have a couple questions to ask to playground that are more or less completely opinion based. The stats on the characters are going to look ridiculously high but that's just how we rolled them. That, and the DM allows point shift. We're playing pathfinder in The Curse of the Crimson Throne. The books allowed are all Pathfinder, Complete series, And PHB 1 and 2.

Okay, mine first:

I'm a Tiefling Rogue with stats like this:
Str 16
Dex 20
Con 18
Int 20
Wis 10
Cha 14

Two-weapon fighting with Sawtooth Sabres. The feats I have are TWF, Weapon Finesse, Dodge, and Mobility. My current talents are Combat Trick (Improved Initiative) and Weapon Training.

Now, my question for the playground is should I take a level in Barbarian, Fighter, or Rogue next? For Barbarian, I'll essentially get the increased movement speed and rage, for fighter a bonus feat. Now, since it seems the playground always seems to look far deeper into stuff than I do, I'm also going to ask if you guys have any recommendations at all for my character. We're allowed to retrain once a level (anything but stats).

The Oracle essentially wants to know the same thing. Any general recommendations for the character.

She's an Aasimar Oracle with the Battle mystery and the Clouded Vision curse with stats like this:
Str: 21
Dex: 12
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis:10
Cha:20

Feats: Exotic Weapon Prof (Bladed Scarf), Intimidating Prowess, Extra Revelation, Dazzling Display, Weapons Focus, Improved Initiative. (some of these come from revelations.)

Revelations: Skill at Arms, Weapons Mastery, Warsight.

I'll pass the computer to her so she can tell you what she's trying to do:

Even though I'm an Oracle and focus a good amount on spell casting, I would really like to expand more on my melee. I don't think I want to multiclass because I feel like staying on the Oracle path can really benefit me even though I want to get into combat more. I'm just not sure where to start with feats, items, things like that. I really like getting into combat and I like my Bladed Scarf. I was thinking about going into a grappling type character and doing damage that way. Not sure about that one yet though.

Okay, back to me. Needless to say, we're both pretty new at D&D. Lol. Any help would be appreciated, either way.

Mucho Gracis, playground.