PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Can Shove Some More In

JaxGaret
2010-10-20, 08:52 AM
Bow chicka bow bow.

What I'm curious about is whether or not playgrounders think Elan is aware of the double entendre here. On one hand, he's Elan, so of course he doesn't. On the other hand, he's Mr. Plot Flow Master, so of course he does.

PopcornMage
2010-10-20, 09:47 AM
His power source is ignorance.

Accordingly he very deliberately does not know.

Scarlet Knight
2010-10-20, 10:15 AM
Seduction is a Bard class skill, & puns are important to a "Dashing Swordsman". He knows.

I just hope he remembers to sheath that sword...:smallwink:

Roland Itiative
2010-10-20, 02:13 PM
& puns are important to a "Dashing Swordsman".

This brings the question, does he need puns so he can properly function in this case too? :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-10-20, 02:43 PM
This brings the question, does he need puns so he can properly function in this case too?

Only if he wants to add his Charisma bonus to attack and damage.

rewinn
2010-10-20, 03:38 PM
Only if he wants to add his Charisma bonus to attack and damage.

Although in this type of swordplay, isn't there an automatic Charisma bonus?

PopcornMage
2010-10-20, 03:45 PM
You can substitute Constitution or if you have the right Skills, Dexterity.

KnightlyKnave
2010-10-20, 03:46 PM
I don't think there were sheaths in the quasi-medieval setting that this is. But perhaps she had some other clerical magic cast on her besides the hair growth

Crisis21
2010-10-20, 04:22 PM
:smalleek: So... much... gamer... double entendre...

:belkar: "I sense a great disturbance in the farce...." No, I didn't misspell that.

King of Nowhere
2010-10-20, 05:22 PM
If he walks away still handling his weapon of choice, he will maybe score some attacks of opportunity... I wonder what kind of reach is he sporting

John Cribati
2010-10-20, 05:29 PM
Well, most creatures are proficient with their own natural weapons. Bards also get Weapon Finesse.
Haley should still get initiative, though. Not to mention the grapple checks involved.

Juggling Goth
2010-10-20, 05:33 PM
I think I'd be wincing less if he'd talked about slipping some more in. Or fitting. Or even squeezing. Squeezing would scare me less than shoving.

Zea mays
2010-10-20, 06:00 PM
I think I'd be wincing less if he'd talked about slipping some more in. Or fitting. Or even squeezing. Squeezing would scare me less than shoving.

I have to agree with you there completely. Shove is not a good word in this context. :smallsigh:

John Cribati
2010-10-20, 06:28 PM
He has eighteen charisma. Lucky he doesn't have to cram more in.

Cerlis
2010-10-20, 09:16 PM
I personally believe charisma doesnt have to do with that, since it is force of personality. Constitution is your state of health.

point in fact, Elan has an elegant pretty Rapier he can do tricks with, but Roy has a big durable Greatsword

Roland Itiative
2010-10-20, 09:23 PM
I don't think there were sheaths in the quasi-medieval setting that this is. But perhaps she had some other clerical magic cast on her besides the hair growth

There were sheaths back then. They were mostly made of snake skin or animal intestines, and a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice to oil the sword :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-10-20, 09:25 PM
mixture of vinegar and lemon juice to oil the sword :smalltongue:

...Not being familiar with that specific part of the anatomy, but being familiar with the nervous system and acid, might I say OUCH!!!

Ancalagon
2010-10-21, 04:08 AM
...Not being familiar with that specific part of the anatomy, but being familiar with the nervous system and acid, might I say OUCH!!!

The lemon juice makes the specific environment sour (PH) which isn't good for the sword-bacteria, which again is good for the fun-aspect and bad for the part that creates responsibility.

Morph Bark
2010-10-21, 05:55 AM
oil the sword :smalltongue:

Medieval massage oil?

The Succubus
2010-10-21, 06:59 AM
It really is amazing how far you can push shove a metaphor isn't it? :smalltongue:

Liwen
2010-10-21, 07:51 AM
The innuendo in this thread is over 9000 inches long...:smalleek:

Morph Bark
2010-10-21, 07:54 AM
The innuendo in this thread is over 9000 inches long...:smalleek:

Well at least it isn't more, otherwise it would be too big and it wouldn't fit, even with more pages.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-21, 08:05 AM
Seduction is a Bard class skill, & puns are important to a "Dashing Swordsman". He knows.

Then shouldn't Haley take, like, damage?

John Cribati
2010-10-21, 08:09 AM
Then shouldn't Haley take, like, damage?

Well, from secondhand experience, it's the damage itself that makes the encounter enjoyable.

Talyn
2010-10-21, 09:03 AM
Remember, hit points are an abstraction - "taking damage" just limits your ability to keep going. I'm pretty sure that in this kind of swordplay, you and your sparring partner are trying to hit 0 on the same round...

Scarlet Knight
2010-10-21, 09:48 AM
Well, from secondhand experience, it's the damage itself that makes the encounter enjoyable.

*puts on old John Cougar record*

"Hurts so good! C'mon baby, make it hurt so goood.."

:smallredface:

Dr.Epic
2010-10-21, 10:34 AM

Um...I not sure Haley's into that sort of thing.:smalleek:

pendell
2010-10-21, 11:01 AM
It occurs to me that there is absolutely nothing he could have said about putting more into his schedule that day, in that context, and NOT have it be a double entendre. Am I right?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Iruka
2010-10-21, 11:14 AM
I personally believe charisma doesnt have to do with that, since it is force of personality. Constitution is your state of health.

point in fact, Elan has an elegant pretty Rapier he can do tricks with, but Roy has a big durable Greatsword

But then, Haley wanted to see what his 18 Charisma is worth "under the hood" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html).

John Cribati
2010-10-21, 11:24 AM

Most of the time, a man's weapon, provided he has initiative, is likely too long to fit totally inside of a woman's Portable Hole, in which case it is painful for the woman.

Crisis21
2010-10-21, 11:30 AM
It occurs to me that there is absolutely nothing he could have said about putting more into his schedule that day, in that context, and NOT have it be a double entendre. Am I right?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

It's certainly a possibility so small that you'd have a -16 penalty to hit it.

Cerlis
2010-10-21, 05:53 PM
But then, Haley wanted to see what his 18 Charisma is worth "under the hood" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html).

and I'm sure it was very pretty and charming, but other than that.....

P.S. And she'd only take lethal dmg if he had imp. Unarmed strike

which is why Barbarians with Imp. Unarmed strike make lousy lovers.

Necroticplague
2010-10-24, 08:06 PM
On a related note: "You won't believe how much fun I just squeezed into one-"
I get the feeling we didn't want him to finish that sentence.

An Interesting note: Bards specifically get proficiency with a whip. Seems relevant.

Grendus
2010-10-24, 08:51 PM

Then again, she has 8 ranks in use rope (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html)... maybe she is.

Roland St. Jude
2010-10-24, 08:54 PM
Sheriff: Okay, you've taken a bit of innuendo from the comic and turned it into something just too explicit for the Forum. Remember folks, mention of something in the comic is not a carte blanch to take it to the extreme in the Forum.