PDA

View Full Version : Thread Necromacy Question

Maxios
2010-10-20, 02:24 PM
I have a question. I have a thread on OOTS Adventure Game sub-fourm, and it's still on page 1 (but hasn't been posted on in a long time). Since it's on page 1still, does that mean I can ressurect it?

Zherog
2010-10-20, 02:29 PM
Yes, the rules require both conditions (age and page number) in order to invoke the ire of Roland and the Gang.

Just took a look at the rules...

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last six weeks, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the six-week threshold without prior Moderator approval.

Looks like there was a slight tweak to the rules that I missed. If the topic is more than 6 weeks old, it appears your best bet is to leave it be. Note, however, that you do have the option of PMing a mod for that forum and asking for permission.

Maxios
2010-10-20, 02:37 PM

Rockphed
2010-10-20, 04:20 PM
Looks like there was a slight tweak to the rules that I missed. If the topic is more than 6 weeks old, it appears your best bet is to leave it be. Note, however, that you do have the option of PMing a mod for that forum and asking for permission.

Ah, so that is one of those changes I missed when they last revised the forum rules. Good to know that they switched entirely to an age based definition of death rather than having both an age and forum activity input into the death function. Said mixed function was the cause of much confusion on my part over the years. Well really only the one or two times when some thread I was watching was bumping up against the death barrier.