PDA

View Full Version : Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and other psychoanlaytical tests

TFT
2010-10-20, 02:44 PM
About this time last year I first found the Myers Briggs test. I remember taking it, then convincing most of my family to do the test. I ended up getting INTP

A thread in the OOTS boards reminded me of it yesterday, so I took it again. This time, I got INTJ, but the T and the J had a 1% preference. Part of the reason I made this thread is to ask what exactly does that mean?

The other part was to see what other GITPers have gotten/get currently. If you want to take the test you can find it here (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp).

Haruki-kun
2010-10-20, 03:03 PM
It says I'm an INFP. It decribes me as the party Healer! :smalltongue:

-moderately expressed introvert
-slightly expressed intuitive personality
-slightly expressed feeling personality
-distinctively expressed perceiving personality

Temotei
2010-10-20, 03:17 PM
ENFP

Extraverted - 89%
Intuitive - 100%
Feeling - 38%
Perceiving - 11%

Heh. One hundred percent intuitive. Nice. That said, I wish there was a "Maybe" choice and that not every answer was capitalized.

Apparently, I share my type with Mark Twain. Excellent. :smallcool:

Malfunctioned
2010-10-20, 03:34 PM
ENFP
Extraverted 56%
Intuitive 50%
Feeling 38%
Perceiving 33%

The description was scarily accurate. I like this test.

Charles Dickens FTW.

Tengu_temp
2010-10-20, 03:45 PM
INTJ description (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind). You can reach the descriptions of other types at the same page.

Terumitsu
2010-10-20, 03:46 PM
Ah, this thing again.

And yet again I find myself getting INTJ and rather strongly at that.. At least in the manner of NTJ. The I is more moderate. From what I hear, there is only about 2-3% of us out of the total human population. I suppose that's dandy as we are often called 'masterminds' should those links be understood correctly. Too many schemes end up in a Thirty Xanatos Pileup (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThirtyXanatosPileup) in short order.

Snares
2010-10-20, 03:52 PM
I always veer between ENFP and INFP on these tests, depending on how social I'm feeling. :smalltongue: Got ENFP this time around.

11% extraverted
38% intuitive
50% feeling
56% perceiving

I normally have a higher P than that but the others seem about right.

TFT
2010-10-20, 03:53 PM
INTJ description (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind). You can reach the descriptions of other types at the same page.

Oh, you thought I meant what the whole....

No, I meant more that with such a small preference, it is basically equal. I'm pretty much equal parts F/T and J/P. I had no idea what that meant.

Edit: looking at the site there are 4 different personalities that would fit in the multiple letters: INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, which would correspond to Healer, Architect, Counselor, and Mastermind individually(With a 1/100th lean towards mastermind). Am I the balance of all of these, or is it more certain traits of all of them?

The Extinguisher
2010-10-20, 03:57 PM
I always get new things everytime I take this test.

Extraverted 11
Intuitive 38
Thinking 50
Perceiving 44

Tengu_temp
2010-10-20, 03:59 PM
Oh, you thought I meant what the whole....

No, I meant more that with such a small preference, it is basically equal. I'm pretty much equal parts P/T and J/P. I had no idea what that meant.

The differences between what these things mean are described pretty well here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-briggs
Low ratings in any of the four traits just mean you're in the middle between the two extremes.

Strawberries
2010-10-20, 03:59 PM
Every time I take this kind of test, I always get the same

INTJ
Introverted 89%
Intuitive 94 %
Thinking 62 %
Judging 44%

The percentage change, but not by much.

Jessicat
2010-10-20, 04:26 PM
I am an ENTP personality. Seems that we got a bunch of them in these parts.

Cyrion
2010-10-20, 04:44 PM
I'm an ENTJ, though my problem is that there are always questions on these that I think, "That's really irrelevant to my life."

Gullara
2010-10-20, 05:00 PM
I guess I'm ISTJ.

Introverted - 89%
Sensing - 75%
Thinking - 25%
Judging - 44%

cdrcjsn
2010-10-20, 06:12 PM
The problem with the myers-briggs is that it has never been shown to be at all useful in predicting how well a person will do at a particular job.

It's a neat test just to see where you fit, but it has almost no real practical application.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-10-20, 06:15 PM
ENTP. The description of me here (http://typelogic.com/entp.html) is disturbingly accurate. :smalleek:

fknm
2010-10-20, 06:18 PM
I'll just post what I did in the other thread:

Yay, I get to post my favorite link in the world!

http://www.skepdic.com/myersb.html

Personality typing is nothing more than cold reading- each "type" makes a bunch of broad statements, some of which are bound to be true for anyone, and the ones that are accurate "stick". Its complete and total unfalsifiability thoroughly relegates it to pseudo-science, and it's sad that it's taken on such an air of legitimacy that workplaces give their employees the test, and college freshmen are made to take the test in order to "understand themselves better".

EDIT- here's a fun challenge that no proponents of meyers-briggs typology have ever taken me up on (well, a modification of it based on the fact that this is a message board). Go through my post history, and guess which type I am. I've been forced to take these tests multiple times, and know what they always claim- it'll be interesting to see if they, at the very least, match up with what my "personality" (a term I hate for philosophical reasons, but that's a total aside...) actually is.

Syka
2010-10-20, 06:18 PM
At 18, I was an INTP. When I took it again last year (22), I was an INFJ. My I has always been pretty moderate, though.

I'm pretty much borderline INTP/INFJ, though. I spoke with my Org Behavior teacher, because both descriptions fit me pretty well, and he said that situational factors can also affect the outcomes so it's possible that I fit in both just at different times. Like, my first MB test was on a computer alone (in the testing center at school), and this one was on paper in class.

Plus people just change.

But yeah...Myers-Brigg is pretty decent. I still find it amusing I moved from one of the rarest types to an even rarer type, lol.

Orzel
2010-10-20, 06:33 PM
ENFP the Crazy Champion...

This reminds me that I have my many unfinished things to do.

cycoris
2010-10-20, 06:38 PM
I've gotten INFP every single time I've taken the test since I was 13. Consistency FTW?

67% introverted
75% intuitive
25% feeling
11% perceiving

However, I think any test like that is full of crap.

Mr. Moon
2010-10-20, 07:35 PM
A real-life friend of mine, who's really into psychology, discovered this in our grad year and made all of our circle of friends take it, and again, and again, and again. I'm pretty sure I'm ISFP pretty consistently, let's see if that's changed.

Aaaand... nope. Still ISFP, with a 100-per-cent for Introverted. Woo!

Jokasti
2010-10-20, 09:26 PM
INTP

Introverted 78% Strength
Intuitive 75% Strength
Thinking 100% Strength
Perceiving 33% Strength

Huh.

Sammich
2010-10-20, 09:41 PM
Like all other attempts at categorizing human personalities, it's merely one way of looking at it, and an incomplete one at that. Fun to think about, that's about it.

UnChosenOne
2010-10-20, 11:23 PM
INTJ
Introverted 89%
Intuitive 38%
Thinking 88%
Judging 22%

Raistlin1040
2010-10-20, 11:41 PM
I usually go between INTP and INTJ. I got INTJ when I took it just now, but I got INTP about six months ago, and it's changed each time I've taken it in between, I think. My J/P score is usually low either way, and my T/F score isn't very high either.

Deth Muncher
2010-10-21, 12:04 AM
I think I normally get INFP.

TFT
2010-10-21, 02:31 AM

Yay, I get to post my favorite link in the world!

http://www.skepdic.com/myersb.html

Personality typing is nothing more than cold reading- each "type" makes a bunch of broad statements, some of which are bound to be true for anyone, and the ones that are accurate "stick". Its complete and total unfalsifiability thoroughly relegates it to pseudo-science, and it's sad that it's taken on such an air of legitimacy that workplaces give their employees the test, and college freshmen are made to take the test in order to "understand themselves better".

EDIT- here's a fun challenge that no proponents of meyers-briggs typology have ever taken me up on (well, a modification of it based on the fact that this is a message board). Go through my post history, and guess which type I am. I've been forced to take these tests multiple times, and know what they always claim- it'll be interesting to see if they, at the very least, match up with what my "personality" (a term I hate for philosophical reasons, but that's a total aside...) actually is.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a proponent as much as someone who more finds entertainment in seeing how these work and in doing so self-analyzing then taking them as "the law" in a manner of speaking. But as to your points:

Take a look at exact opposites, for example INTJ and ESFP. If you look at analysis of the types(Here (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind) and here (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=4&c=performer), or here (http://typelogic.com/intj.html) and here (http://typelogic.com/esfp.html)), you can see, as the letters would claim, they are opposites. INTJ is the reserved, logical type, the ESFP is outgoing but unorganized(At a very bare bones description of each, I didn't do the topic justice). I couldn't find any personality traits that were similar between either pair of articles[Granted, I also only had about 5-10 minutes to], and, being shown as a INTJ on the test, could find little(I'm about equal parts TJ and FP) I could compare to me in the ESFP, anything found being about the FP. For the other ones, you are supposed to see a very small amount of yourself in every single one. The only people who wouldn't would have 100% preferences in all four categories, or at least close to it.

I'm not saying these tests are perfect. I am saying, however, that they are an interesting way to see a person's personality, or at the very least their perception of it. It takes characteristics of a person and sees how they weave together, and how a person is different based on their different character traits. Above all else, it's more or less for fun. Let other people have it. :smallbiggrin:

As to your challenge... How is going through posts on a public forum supposed to tell us anything about your personality? I may give of a certain persona here, but that may very well not be what it is in real life. To kind of illustrate my point: Let's say you find a picture of me messing with someone, like putting up bunny fingers behind their head. Now let's say that you find many pictures of me doing that. You may assume that I mess with people for fun in similar ways all of the time, but I may very well do that only for pictures. In the same way, you may compose yourself one way here(Which in part would be your personality), but that wouldn't be everything. Thus, even with years of posts, I wouldn't be able to extract your personality. If I knew you for a few years in person, however, I might have a better chance(Though a person's thoughts are their own, and that just opens up another can of worms...) of analyzing you as a person.

Lioness
2010-10-21, 03:42 AM
I've gotten INFP every single time I've taken the test since I was 13. Consistency FTW?

67% introverted
75% intuitive
25% feeling
11% perceiving

However, I think any test like that is full of crap.

Me too, though I'm borderline INFJ. I also usually get 100% introverted, because that's because all the questions involve things like "Book vs. party" or "small group vs. big group". I like spending time with my friends, but just not with 100 of them at once.

Phaedra
2010-10-21, 04:31 AM
I tend to oscillate between INTJ and INFJ in Myers-Briggs. I seem to be just on the border between T and F, which I guess lets me know that I'm logical and reasonable except when I'm not, which is less than helpful.

This time's results:

INTJ

Introverted - 78%
Intuitive - 62%
Thinking - 1%
Judging - 56%

I suspect INTJ is either much less rare than people think or the net attracts them like flies, judging by the number that usually come up in these type of threads.

Castel
2010-10-21, 04:32 AM
Introverted 56
Sensing 1
Feeling 25
Perceiving 33

I rolled a one! :elan:

And I'm not really sure what it means. :smalltongue:

Sammich
2010-10-21, 04:35 AM
I suspect INTJ is either much less rare than people think or the net attracts them like flies, judging by the number that usually come up in these type of threads.

The other personality types are less likely to be sitting on the internet taking a silly little categorization quiz.

Archonic Energy
2010-10-21, 04:57 AM
Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted 100
Intuitive 38
Thinking 88
Judging 1

i'm not sure that 100 in introverted is "good" but it feels about right...

Orzel
2010-10-21, 12:48 PM
All you introverts are bumming me out.

Somebody turn up the music and torn on the garden hose!

Zen Monkey
2010-10-21, 12:58 PM
INTJ fits the gamer profile (generally, not for everyone). The paper and dice or minatures style of gamer tends to be very detail-oriented and planning out all sorts of things (admit it, you've stat-ed one of your npc shop keepers and knew it would never matter, or done research to see that some minor accessory was painted accurately). These gamers are also going to test as introverts. The hobbies are inherently social, relying on the participation of others, but still belong to a relatively niche group that keeps to itself a bit. I'd bet you would see alot of common results among other hobbyists or professions.

Castel
2010-10-21, 02:41 PM
All you introverts are bumming me out.

Somebody turn up the music and torn on the garden hose!

Pff. We'll make an Introvert Club, then we'll see who bums out who!

It'll be awesome: those who do show up can talk awkwardly to the others for a few minutes, and then they get to seat near each other while they read or use their laptops. :smalltongue:

Loki_42
2010-10-21, 03:22 PM
I'm always jumping between ENFJ & ENFP, but ENFJ definately fits me better.
Also, when we took this at my school, 7 people got ENFJ, which is only supposed to be 2-3% of the population. Weird.

Lord Loss
2010-10-21, 03:54 PM
Well, I got ENFP.

That's good, Right?

OverdrivePrime
2010-10-22, 06:27 PM
I've taken the full MBTI twice before (7 years ago and 15 years ago). Both times it pegged me as "ENFP like woah". I think there was a dial turned up to 11 as well. :smallconfused:

Strawberries
2010-10-23, 06:17 AM

It'll be awesome: those who do show up can talk awkwardly to the others for a few minutes, and then they get to seat near each other while they read or use their laptops. :smalltongue:

Ooooh, I want to join, can I? I don't really have to talk to people, right?:smalltongue:

Tiger Duck
2010-10-23, 06:35 AM
This test doesn't work for me at all. Every time I take it I get wildly different results. I mustn't be very consisted with my answers. :smallfrown:

Lolzords
2010-10-23, 06:40 AM
Ooh, my type is ENTP, which apparantly is the same as Leonardo Da Vinci and Thomas Edison. Looks like I think like an inventor then. :smallcool:

the Riddler
2010-10-23, 06:46 AM
I rolled an INFP! :elan:

Introverted 56%
Intuitive 38%
Feeling 25%
Perceiving 78%

...Which is pretty much what I always get, actually :tongue:

thubby
2010-10-23, 10:07 AM
well this test is way off.

introverted 78
Intuitive 75
Thinking 1
Judging 78

Moonshadow
2010-10-23, 09:27 PM
Your Type is

ISTJ

Introverted 89
Sensing 62
Thinking 1
Judging 22

I have no idea what it means, to be honest >_>

Castel
2010-10-23, 10:02 PM
Ooooh, I want to join, can I? I don't really have to talk to people, right?:smalltongue:

You don't even really have to show up! :smallbiggrin:

Cealocanth
2010-10-23, 10:37 PM
This being the first time I had ever heard of this test, I found this quite interesting.

Apparently I fall under INTJ. I'm not quite sure what this means or if this is right. This is my first time, after all.

SaintRidley
2010-10-23, 10:46 PM
Hmm. I've taken the full test twice before and got INTP.

Got INTJ this time around, with scores of:

I 78
N 75
T 75
J 56

Xyk
2010-10-23, 11:13 PM
I've taken it three times at about a year in between and gotten INTP each time.

I 78
N 75
T 38
P 11

Absent minded professor. They always tell me I don't feel things very well which worries me. I mean it's not like these tests are 100% accurate, but they make me feel sad. Honestly, becoming unfeeling is one of my biggest worries about my adult life. Reading The Stranger is hard. :smallfrown:

Many parts of this description I found online describe me pretty well though:
As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution.They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways.

That is longer than I expected. But from this (http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html) description, those are all the things that apply to me. That one part is bolded because I was surprised it was there. It applies to me very strongly.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-23, 11:59 PM
I'm INTJ:

Introverted 89
Intuitive 38
Thinking 38
Judging 1

seems like me, and its called Mastermind?

awesome.

Gensh
2010-10-24, 05:24 AM
I actually had to take this at the beginning of this semester, but I don't remember what I got. Anyway:

I 33
S 12
T 12
P 22

But yeah, I don't put much stock in these sorts of things. Honestly, several people find my fortune-telling is usually more accurate, and I don't even believe in "the power of the cards." Seriously, I got the deck for a Persona game; that's it.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-10-24, 08:26 AM
You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

ESFP

I'm a Performer(Artisan) apparently, which is what Elvis was. Cool.

And I'm doing the 2nd/3rd thing the business thing advices.:smalltongue:

But it's dead wrong on some points, since I quite like being alone sometimes, don't feel a need to liven up a party. But yeah, I do love having fun.:smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-24, 08:30 AM

while posting online to each other on a forum? :smallamused:

Drascin
2010-10-24, 08:46 AM
Interesting. Today it appears I'm ISFJ, while I usually tended more to the INFP spectrum before. I'll need to try tomorrow and see what I get :smallbiggrin:.

Really, I don't tend to put much of my faith in these tests because I seem to get different results each time I try one :smalltongue:.

Elder Tsofu
2010-10-24, 09:11 AM
ENTJ - apparently I'm suited to become a manager, a judge or a teacher.
Preferably while saying things like "I'm sorry you have to die".

Personality-tests are always just tests, blunt things but humorous if you don't take them too seriously. Like a horoscope.

Winterwind
2010-10-24, 10:50 AM
Your Type is INFP
Introverted - 89
Intuitive - 75
Feeling - 50
Perceiving - 44

You are:
* very expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

...I'm not sure where it got the idea from I was more relying on feelings and intuition than reason and logic - I value these formers things, too, mind, but I'm pretty sure I'm a more analytic type - but the rest seems pretty accurate. Gee, a person with social anxiety disorder tends to be introverted? I wouldn't have guessed! :smalltongue:
...though I'd have hoped answering all these "do you care for others?" and "do you feel sympathy/empathy for others" questions to the positive would have helped with that at least a little bit. :smallfrown:

Mmm. Sharing this with Immanuel Kant and William Shakespeare. I think I can live with that. :smallcool:

Faceist
2010-10-24, 01:12 PM
E - 78
S - 38
F - 12
P - 100

You are:
* very expressed extravert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* very expressed perceiving personality

I thought it was extroverted? Whatever. I pride myself on my perceptiveness, but I think the test's overestimating me a teeny-weenie bit. :smallsigh:

Winterwind
2010-10-24, 01:34 PM
A perceiving personality has nothing to do with perceptiveness. Whether one receives a P for Perceiving or a J for Judging merely indicates whether one is more likely to put emphasis on the "perceiving functions", that is, Sensing/Intuition (S/N), or on the "judging functions", that is, Thinking/Feeling (T/F). Basically, all it says is whether the second or the third letter is more important.

Quincunx
2010-10-24, 01:45 PM
Winterwind, thank you for that nice clean explanation of the P/J divide.

You're on. Give me roleplayed or authorial posts (in short, posts other than just a person talking normally) and I'll pick out my fellow INTPs. Hint: They're the ones that when the other posters say, "You're crazy", they're not using it as a synonym for 'wild party animal', they mean 'I pray that your unusually whimsical and scattershot imagination hasn't yet turned to the topic of mass murder'.

Winterwind
2010-10-24, 02:37 PM
Winterwind, thank you for that nice clean explanation of the P/J divide.Though rereading the definitions, it may not have been 100% accurate - apparently, it doesn't say which one is more important in general, but which one is more important when dealing with others.

skywalker
2010-10-24, 04:28 PM
Though rereading the definitions, it may not have been 100% accurate - apparently, it doesn't say which one is more important in general, but which one is more important when dealing with others.

No, I think you were right. It's not just "other people" but the world itself.

I, myself, am ENSFP. Yes, yes, I know there's 5 letters there instead of 4. I completely split N/S when the test was not self-administered. Apparently, combined with my strong P, that means that I'm very interested in perceiving the world in a balanced manner. Huzzah!

Jessicat
2010-10-25, 05:43 PM
INTJ fits the gamer profile (generally, not for everyone). The paper and dice or minatures style of gamer tends to be very detail-oriented and planning out all sorts of things (admit it, you've stat-ed one of your npc shop keepers and knew it would never matter, or done research to see that some minor accessory was painted accurately). These gamers are also going to test as introverts. The hobbies are inherently social, relying on the participation of others, but still belong to a relatively niche group that keeps to itself a bit. I'd bet you would see alot of common results among other hobbyists or professions.

I hear ya. My entire gamer group are introverted except for one other member. (Not including myself). Sometimes I get frustrated when they don't want to go out and paint the town red. But then all the extroverts I know don't want to sit at home and geek out with board games..

Sooooo.....

Not surprised by the quiet folk around here.

Gourtox
2010-10-25, 06:07 PM
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted 44
Intuitive 31
Thinking 100
Judging 44

moderately expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

The descriptions are very close although after reading mastermind that also kinda sounds like me.

Thes Hunter
2010-10-26, 12:51 PM
ENTP!!!

Now come Charity me mate... raise up and let's finally get started on this world domination!
And now, I shall exit cause I doubt more than a handful know who I am, and why I find this so freakin' funny.

Milskidasith
2010-10-26, 01:26 PM
The major problem with this test is that it measures things as dichotomies when they really aren't. None of them but introverted/extroverted are opposites, but it still makes them into a dichotomy.

It would be like if you had a scale that said "Intelligent" and "Athletic"; there may be a slight correlation, but not so much you would drop somebodies IQ because they can run a 5:30 mile or call them out of shape because they can find the derivative of X^2.

I'd say the big five personality test is a lot better, but even then, there are faults.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-10-26, 03:05 PM
ENTP!!!

Now come Charity me mate... raise up and let's finally get started on this world domination!
And now, I shall exit cause I doubt more than a handful know who I am, and why I find this so freakin' funny.

We'll be sure to rule the world, before getting bored and moving on to do something else. Want to blow up Everest?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-26, 03:20 PM
ISTJ

Introverted: 33%
Sensing: 25%
Thinking: 25%
Judging: 33%

Moderately expressed introvert
Moderately expressed sensing personality
Moderately expressed thinking personality
Moderately expressed judging personality

Huh. Interesting.The description labels it as "Inspector". Some people listed under that type include Queen Elizabeth II, Harry Truman, and J.D. Rockefeller.

Heh. I'm an Inspector.

Orzel
2010-10-26, 06:17 PM
The major problem with this test is that it measures things as dichotomies when they really aren't. None of them but introverted/extroverted are opposites, but it still makes them into a dichotomy.

It would be like if you had a scale that said "Intelligent" and "Athletic"; there may be a slight correlation, but not so much you would drop somebodies IQ because they can run a 5:30 mile or call them out of shape because they can find the derivative of X^2.

I'd say the big five personality test is a lot better, but even then, there are faults.

How about we make a new test.
With scales
AND SLIDERS
AND COLORS
AND... I'm bored with this...

All that thinking made me hot.
*takes off shirt*

SHIRT FIGHT!!!!
Face me you introverts! My shirt speed is too fast for your thinking judging brains!

Xyk
2010-10-26, 08:59 PM
How about we make a new test.
With scales
AND SLIDERS
AND COLORS
AND... I'm bored with this...

All that thinking made me hot.
*takes off shirt*

SHIRT FIGHT!!!!
Face me you introverts! My shirt speed is too fast for your thinking judging brains!

That's definitely not what extroverted means. Also, I like the myers-briggs because it gives full profiles of personalities that are surprisingly accurate. I took that other test before and it told me very little about myself.

Orzel
2010-10-26, 09:33 PM
That's definitely not what extroverted means. Also, I like the myers-briggs because it gives full profiles of personalities that are surprisingly accurate. I took that other test before and it told me very little about myself.

I'm trying to get a reaction of you "post and leave" introverts, determine the reasons for the reaction, find possible future reactions, act on my guesses, get it wrong, and leave everyone frustrated, confused, angry, or even confused.

That's extroverted, right?

Xyk
2010-10-26, 10:15 PM
I'm trying to get a reaction of you "post and leave" introverts, determine the reasons for the reaction, find possible future reactions, act on my guesses, get it wrong, and leave everyone frustrated, confused, angry, or even confused.

That's extroverted, right?

I'm introverted. What did my response tell you?

Orzel
2010-10-26, 10:36 PM
I'm introverted. What did my response tell you?

That you are very inquisitive and probably know/researched the profiles of families or friends.

You also enjoy correcting errors (or hate seeing them) and probably either proofread your posts and/or think cafefully before speaking.

Derjuin
2010-10-26, 10:46 PM
I had to do one of these tests (and a few others) for a psych project this semester...I got INFJ.

I - 44%
N - 38%
F - 50%
J - 11%

The description of the personality was interesting, because it seemed to match what I felt my own personality is.

Jacklu
2010-10-26, 11:41 PM
Introverted 44%
Sensing 12%
Feeling 25%
Judging 22%

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Zexion
2010-10-27, 12:56 AM
I am an INTJ, as I believe most other tabletop gamers are. :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2010-10-28, 03:16 AM
ESFJ
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
22 38 38 78

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* very expressed judging personality

I would think I'm at least moderately extravert though.
Very judging, that's true. I try to be less judging but that's not really working out :smallsmile:

Lillith
2010-10-28, 05:51 AM
ISTJ

Introverted: 78%
Thinking: 75%
Judging: 78%

You are:

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

"Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo"
.... What? :smallfrown: I think I have to change my career perspectives to actor or next President of the United States.

Edit: Queen Elisabeth II and Queen Victoria. Ahhh now we're talking. :smallsmile: (Seriously though, what's up with all those presidents in this type of personality?)

Sammich
2010-10-28, 06:32 AM
I would imagine that site is geared towards people of the US of A, which should naturally have been taught about their leaders in the process of growing up.

What it fails to mention is that falling in the same category as one of the aforementioned personalities doesn't mean anything. I share my combination with Einstein, but I won't be making any advancements in the field of science anytime soon or at all.

Orzel
2010-10-28, 06:32 AM
ISTJ

Introverted: 78%
Thinking: 75%
Judging: 78%

You are:

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

"Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo"
.... What? :smallfrown: I think I have to change my career perspectives to actor or next President of the United States.

Edit: Queen Elisabeth II and Queen Victoria. Ahhh now we're talking. :smallsmile: (Seriously though, what's up with all those presidents in this type of personality?)

That one is the thoughtful politician with strong values and sense of duty personality. Suck in the fact to make decisions but can't read emotions unless someone tells them or is obvious.

That;s my guess.

Eldan
2010-10-28, 08:31 AM
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
78 50 1 11

Type: Architect. The description seems to say "Scientist", as well.

Examples: Albert Einstein as the iconic Rational is an Architect. Dr. David Keirsey, Robert Rosen, Marie Curie, George Soros, Gregory Peck, James Madison, Ludwig Boltzman, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson are other examples of the Architect Rational.

Right. I'm pretty sure I've had entirely different results other times. Except on the introvert, that one always sticks. I've been Judging before, and I'm pretty sure I've also been whatever the opposite of Intuitive is.

Dubious Pie
2010-10-28, 05:02 PM
My thinking is 100%, as is my Introverted. Intuition is about 96%. Judgment is 93%. My nickname is Captain Pigeonhole! :smalltongue: