PDA

View Full Version : The Stolen Kingdom

Rizeska
2010-10-20, 03:19 PM
"Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Talistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Roleski Surtova, current regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

Thus proclaims the charter that has sent you far from your home, to this feral wilderness. (Though, in truth, from what you've seen so far it seems quite placid; nothing but the rolling hills and tamed farmlands of rural Rostland, though you can see the green of the Narlmarshes to the south.) Whether by cart, hoof, or leg, you have made your way to the safety of the trading post known as Oleg's.

It is a small, rugged post, nothing like the towns you've passed through. It is surrounded by a square, wooden palisade, almost as tall as one and a half men. The weathered catapults standing at each corner tell that this trading post was once a border fort, long since abandoned. The singular entrance is a gate, thirty feet wide, that leads to the open market yard, surrounded by several buildings.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/821/73588591.gif
A1: Market Yard
A2: Guesthouse
A3: Stable
A4: Storage Pen
A5: Middens
A6: Main Hall
A7: Dining Room
A8: Office
A9: Stockroom
A10: Storeroom
A11: Bedroom

A man is on the roof of the building to your right as you enter, busily repairing the thatching. He does not seem to notice you. You can hear the sound of a horse in the large building to your left, and smoke is gently rising from the chimney of what you presume to be the owner's house.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-20, 03:29 PM
A hefty young woman, dressed in modest if somewhat eyecatching garb saunters into the settlement, eyeing it for only a moment before turning towards where she thought the tavern might be. Adventurers always congregated there, so it was likely as good a place as any to start looking for her fellow charter bearers. Upon not seeing one, she decides to go to the next best place, the market area. She strokes the head of a small toad who looked a bit uncomfortable jostling around in her prodigious bosom.

Tyrael
2010-10-20, 04:41 PM
The past few weeks had been uneventful, as is the case when the road is watched from the back of a dusty wagon. As the trading wagon arrives at the fort, a figure hops down from the wagon bed and staggers to the wall of a nearby building to catch its breath.

Even swaddled inside his enormous brown greatcoat, the figure is skeletally thin. His face is completely covered by a set of thick circular goggles and what seems to be some sort of breath mask. The rest of his head is covered by a simple brown hood like the one monks wear. Straps and pouches seem to cover its body at every turn, and each one of these is bristling with potions, glasses, and vials. A few daggers and throwing knives seem to be strapped to him as well, and a well-oiled leather knapsack bulges with strange and mysterious contents. His hands are covered in enormous thick leather gauntlets, and he seems to carry a long pole as a walking stick with one end of it swaddled in cloth.

As he leans heavily against the building and his pole to catch his breath, the figure fumbles with one of the straps at his belt to free a small vial of liquid. His gauntleted fingers shaking clumsily, he opens a belt pouch and removes a vicious-looking brass implement, levers and knobs with a long, thin spike at one end. Fiddling with the vial, he snaps it into the device and adjusts a few knobs industriously. Rolling up his sleeve to bare a pasty-white arm that looks thin enough to break if gripped too hard, the figure jabs the device into his flesh and presses a button.

The figure slumps in apparent relief and sways as the vial slowly drains into him. Yanking the apparatus out of his flesh again and storing it away, he doubles over with a terrible hacking cough, shaking and trembling for several moments before clutching his chest and rising up again.

Leaning heavily on his pole, the figure makes his trembling way towards what he assumes to be the only inn/tavern in the fort...

ProfessorM
2010-10-20, 05:33 PM
Sunlight dapples the coat of the cream stallion as he canters brightly down the road, barding jingling. Astride his mount, moving easily with the rhythm of the hoof-beats, sits a young man in well-worn armor. He surveys the terrain as he nears the fort, one hand on the reins and other other clasped loosely over the haft of his lance, which angles up along his shoulder to elevate the banner fluttering from its tip. Cockatrice rampant over a pinned viper; its bight colors snap in the morning breeze.

Slowing his pace, he rides up to the gate at a trot, intelligent eyes taking in the rough build and checking blind spots for signs of ambush. Seeing none, he dismounts, setting his lance in banner socket behind the saddle and guiding the flighty stallion through the main opening. Patting the horses' neck, he speaks to it gently, the words offhand from many weeks of having only the equine to talk to.

"It seems I am not the first to arrive at this fountainhead of history, Victory."

Starbuck_II
2010-10-20, 07:08 PM
Walking with purpose and heroically as he can (got to impress someone he hoped), Syonac entered the trading post. His feet ached as he had walked from far to get here. His dark clothes, tunic, and coat really constrated with the bright sun upon the town-like place.

He guessed he might as well see how the commoners sleep later on in the day. Might as well "rough it" as he thinks Alex once put it. Mom...Dad...you'd be so upset right now at this.

Reaching the market, Syonac wasn't sure what to do. He always had servants buy for him in the past. Noticing a woman with a toad, Syonac went to inquire if this normally wear people hold their pets on their person. He was always told there aren't stupid questions in his schooling.

"Excuse me, ma'am with the toad, this might sound weird, but do toads normally ride on people's chest?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-20, 07:19 PM
Elsbeth smirks as the naive young man walks up and asks his question.

"Seems an odd question to just walk up and ask a stranger, son. No, it's not something the average toad-owner does. I just stuck Rockback in there because I don't really have any other place for him to ride, and he hates it in my backpack. Plus it's a great conversation starter with the curious."

She winks at him as she notices the tankard symbol Syonac has.

"Servant of The Lucky Drunk, huh? I've met a few of your kind before. Great for a tumble every now and again, though I follow the Lady in the Room. Even became a priestess for a while, but the ritual life really made even the forging the moaning statue a bit dry, if you know what I mean."

She extends her hand.

"Name's Elsbeth. Elsbeth Woodfall. And who are you, young man, to wander up and ask random questions of people you don't even know?"

She smiles playfully.

Starbuck_II
2010-10-20, 07:44 PM
Syonac grasps the hand, smiles back, and laughs.

Pleasure to meet you, Elsbeth. Call me Syonac. I'm not so free with my last name, but you can reckon charmed all the same.
And to your question: let us just say I'm very inquisitive about the world around me.

Releasing her hand.

So what makes a lady like you come to a town like this? I reckon you aren't a worker as you dress too clean to fix a house.

ProfessorM
2010-10-20, 08:17 PM
Triumph abruptly turned his head back toward the stable door. He'd cut straight across the main yard and into the building, refraining from disturbing the man repairing the roof -- it was wisdom not to distract a person's mind from the honesty of physical toil, and he could take care of any business once the gentleman had finished. Now, as he stood with both hands ready to uncinch the saddle strap, he caught a snatch of conversation drifting in from outside.

Pausing in the task of removing tack from his steed, Triumph lay a calming hand on his flank. "Stay put until I get back." The first word alone would have done the job just as well, but Triumph had fallen into the practice of talking to his horse as if it was just another freeman.

Walking quietly to the stable door, he peered out, hand on the pommel of his longsword. Spotting the pair near the gate, he raised his eyebrows. Hmm. Must have just missed them coming in. Such an eclectic pair could be no other than members of my compatriots. Or if not, we'll soon find out who they might be. Stepping confidently forward, he walked over to the two individuals, calling out to them as he came.

"Greetings, fellow travelers! It is not fate but the sweat of our own brows that have brought us here this fine day. Would I be amiss in suggesting that me might all share, in our possession, a certain official document of import?" Continuing on without waiting for an answer, his gaze flicked to the woman on the left, taking her in with a sweeping up-and-down glance. "No, indeed, it is not fate, for fate is too fickle as to bring such a... fine figure of a woman to my sight. Surely it is thine own beauty and strength of character that has conspired to bring us together this day." He transferred his scruitney to the other. "A beauty and a man of some clerical distinction. The bounties of an honest life are endless! Chance is far too miserly to provide me with such overabundance of blessings -- surely it is some higher power. Never was there a better paradagim of the strength of an individual than in the Lucky Drunk. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Stepping back, he regarded them both. He beamed. "I do hope that you actually ARE my potential companions, or I think I may die of disappointment.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-20, 08:25 PM
Elsbeth rolls her eyes.

"Fine figure of a woman, never heard THAT one before, loverboy."

She pulls her charter out of her pocket.

"I was contracted by the crown. Apparently, they're sending some noble pups down south to found a kingdom, and I work as a sort of "arcane mercenary," if you will, hiring out my spells for coin. I'm basically going along to make sure Lord Such-And-Such's little bastards or whatever make it through to coronation in one piece. I've even heard if I do well enough I might get some land of my own, and becoming a bona-fide noble is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, something I live for!"

dathom
2010-10-20, 09:41 PM
I still don't know what a man so frail is doing here in the Greenbelt. Maybe no one has warned him of the perils that come with that charter. the man thought to himself as he finished gathering his things and steps down from the wagon that had carried him and the Alchemist to this frontier trading post. Before he could state his opinion to the frail looking man however, Lukasz notices the others gathered in the open area of the Post.

The man's hazel eyes take in each person as he sets the tip of his composite longbow on the ground and leans into it for a moment. His slim, yet solid frame
decked in dulled scalemail and the fletched ends of arrows sticks out over his shoulder. At his hip rested a sheathed longsword and around his neck hung a wooden medallion depicting the nocked bow of Old Deadeye. With a broad smile, the man says, "Greetings! I am Lukasz Medvyed, and though I am a noble I assure you that I am far from being a pup. Do I have the honor of greeting those who, like me, bear a charter that would see us explore the Greenbelt and face the challenges within?"

Starbuck_II
2010-10-20, 09:48 PM
Looking at newconmer Syonac was wondering how big a group we might be.

Well, met, you reckoned right, Lukasz. And yes (turning back toward the well-armored man), I serve the Accidental god also known as the Lucky drunk. My name is Syonac if you didn't catch it.

Syanoc said as he gave a short bow.

Tyrael
2010-10-20, 11:32 PM
"A charter, hmmm?" A raspy voice wheezes as the broan-coated figure hobbles up to the group, leaning on his staff. The opaque black goggles study the group inscrutably as he digs into one of his numerous pockets and produces an identical flier to their own.

"Would it..." he breaks off into a fit of wretching coughs. "...hurk...ah...happen to look....like this...?

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-20, 11:45 PM
"You bet your buttons it is!" Elsbeth replies, slapping the brown-coated figure on the back with a big grin on her face.

"What say we all retire to the inn or wherever they're serving the ale and swapping stories over a few of the inkeeper's best?"

Tyrael
2010-10-20, 11:50 PM
The man's entire body seems to rattle like a sack of bones, and he doubles over as the slap drives him to his knees. "Th...that would be...a-acceptable..." he groans as he climbs to his feet, moving slowly like an old man.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-20, 11:53 PM
Elsbeth's expression immediately shifts from cheer to fear as she sees the alchemist almost collapse.

"Oh gods, are you alright?! I didn't mean to hit you so hard! I'm so sorry!"

Tyrael
2010-10-21, 12:20 AM
The man laughs, muffled by his breath mask. "Oh, never fear, " he croaks, "no permanent harm done. I'm not as sturdy as I used to be, that's all. Shall we proceed, milady?" Despite leaning on his pole, he reaches out and offers a gentlemanly arm.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-21, 12:21 AM
"Alright, we shall Mister..."

She pauses, waiting for the alchemist to give his name.

Tyrael
2010-10-21, 02:05 AM
The man bows slowly to her. "Doctor Raymond Atrus, alchemical laureate, A.D. esquire. A pleasure to meet you, madam."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-21, 02:20 AM
"Elsbeth Woodfall's the name. Self-proclaimed Witch of the Woods, seeker of sensation and ex-Calistrian prostitute, at your service. This here's my familiar, Rockback."

She points at the toad trying to crawl out of her cleavage.

Tyrael
2010-10-21, 02:34 AM
Raymond pauses, and behind his goggles Elsbeth can feel his eyes lingering on her ample bosom. "Hmm, and is he a seeker of sensation as well, then?" the Alchemist murmurs. "He seems to have found a good place for it, ahahah."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-21, 02:37 AM
"Nah, he hates riding in there. It jostles a lot when I'm riding, but he hates riding in my backpack even more, so he's learned not to complain."

dathom
2010-10-21, 02:57 AM
Hmmm, a frail doctor, a cleric to the Accidental God, a knight with a flare for the theatrical and a former working woman of Calistria, who knew that the road to living a simple life could lead to meeting such complicated people, Lukasz thinks as introductions are made and the group moves off to find the owners of this post.

Starting as he saw the good doctor almost crumple under the force of Elsbeth's slap, Lukasz says, "Yes, let's find a place for the good doctor to sit and rest himself while we wait for the owners to meet us."

Rizeska
2010-10-21, 09:17 AM
The party makes their way to the two benches arrayed around the fire, east of the stables. The man on the roof seems to be finishing up; he makes a few final adjustments, and then climbs down the ladder. He is sweaty and disheveled from a hard day's work.

Turning to the party, he introduces himself gruffly, "Oleg Leveton. You lot must be the adventurers." He surveys them briefly, clearly less than impressed with what he sees. "Well, it's five silver a night, two extra for any horses, and meals are included." He starts to say something else, but is interrupted by a woman emerging from the north-eastern building.

"Ah, Oleg, why didn't you tell me our guests had arrived?! Dinner will be only a minute, my dears," she proclaims, before heading back into the house.

ProfessorM
2010-10-21, 10:16 AM
"Well, goodman Oleg, it is right of you to charge a fair price for the services of your establishment. Perhaps, however, it might be of interest to work out some longterm engagement in lieu of coin. Your trading post rests on the northernmost border of a future powerful nation of freedom and justice, and you have the opportunity to become the first new members of this newfound land of promise." He calmly draws his longsword and holds it extended, pointing out the gate. "Out there is lawless wilderness, but it is my mission to carve order from the bosom of chaos with sword and defend it from all comers with shield. If you would join us in this mission, you would be assured a share in the resulting bounty appropriate to one who took such a leap of faith and supported it early." Sheathing his sword, he turns back. "You would, of course, be entitled to all appropriate rights as citizens of this new nation. Including protection from hostile parties."

Rizeska
2010-10-21, 12:00 PM
Oleg snorts. "Nations, bah! I moved here to get away from the politicking of Brevoy, and here you are promising to bring it here. You aren't the first to make such a promise, and I doubt you'll be the last, either. Even so, I'm willing to lend you my aid so far as a place to stay, goods to buy, and a place to sell whatever you pick up in your travels." He doesn't look like he's going to change his mind about the price. "Now, come have a seat, if'n you're staying, and we'll talk business after dinner." It is getting a little late, and you don't really have any other option unless you want to catch a ride on the cart back to Restov or rough it in the wilderness.

If you haven't done so already, please post your picture in the OOC thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9600880#post9600880
Thank you!

dathom
2010-10-21, 12:00 PM
Impressed by Triumph's enthusiasm, Lukasz nonetheless counters with, "Let's see what we can do about exploring the place and facing the bandits that steal from honest men of the Greenbelt before we go promising them the protection of a vast kingdom that doesn't even exist." Though Lukasz identified himself as a noble before, it is clear that his belief in Erastil extended to many facets of his life, including the use of simple words when flowery elocution was not necessary.

Then, still holding his logbow in his left hand, he will extent his right in greeting as he says, "Nice to me you Oleg, I am Lukasz Medvyed. May Erastil guide you in creating bounty from your hard work."

With that, Lukasz follows the frontier merchant to take a seat and see what was for dinner.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-21, 12:13 PM
Elsbeth rolls her eyes at Triumph's little speech.

"You should've been a bard, Triumph."

She shakes Oleg's hand.

"The name's Elsbeth Woodfall. I should warn you ahead of time, I'm a big eater."

She follows Luke into the dining room.

Starbuck_II
2010-10-21, 12:42 PM
Syonac slaps lightly Triumph on the back:
Well said, man. You could inspire men with words like that. Maybe next time.
Follows the others to the dining area as his stomache rumbles after the long day. Food sounded good.

Rizeska
2010-10-21, 05:06 PM
As the group sits down, Oleg's wife, who introduces herself as Svetlana, emerges from the house with food and plates. Dinner consists of freshly baked bread, a delicious rabbit stew, topped off with the contents of a freshly opened bottle of wine.

"I was worrying that y'all wouldn't make it in time. I'm so glad you've come to do something about those bandits!"

Wait, what?

So many things bother you about those statements.

In time for what? You weren't informed that this outpost was having bandit problems! You were rather of the impression that this was a bastion of order in a land of lawlessness. And why does she have a southern accent?

At least the food is delicious.

Starbuck_II
2010-10-21, 08:11 PM
While something didn't seem right, Syonac enjoyed a meal, looking that the wife.

Ma'am, what is this about bandits? I wasn't sure I heard you right over the sound of how hungry I was.

dathom
2010-10-21, 09:11 PM
Having placed his things at his feet and resting his bow against the nearest wall, Lukasz was just about to take a bite of rabbit stew until Svetlana's statement stopped him. Looking at the woman with the spoon halfway to his mouth, Lukasz says, "Yes, what do you mean by us 'makin' it in time'? What bandits are you talkin' about?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-21, 10:47 PM
Elsbeth seems to almost ignore the conversation, first fishing some dried crickets out of her pocket and giving them to Rockback, whom she'd placed on the table next to her. Then she looks at them for a moment, and takes a few and stirs them into her stew, sampling them.

"Not bad."

After she finishes her bowl, she has a second. And then a third. And a fourth if no one objects.

Once she polishes off the last of the meal, she belches rather loudly.

"Ooh, 'scuse me. Excellent meal, miss. Now, it seems my comrades were unaware of your bandit problem. Perhaps you could elaborate?" she says nonchalantly. It's almost as if she isn't surprised about the sudden reveal of bandits.

Rizeska
2010-10-22, 04:10 PM
"Oh... Y'all haven't heard?" Svetlana brought her hand up to her mouth, as though to say, 'Oh dear.' Oleg grunted, the meaning was clearly: 'Of course they haven't heard.'

"Well, our troubles began three months ago. They threatened to burn down the post, among other things, if we didn't turn over all our trade goods and furs. They came back twice more, just before sunrise on the first day of the month, and they're due back tomorrow... We were rather of the impression that y'all were bein' sent to help." There is a definite edge of worry in her voice.

ProfessorM
2010-10-22, 04:55 PM
Laying his hands flat on the table, Triumph looked gravely at Svetlana. "We were not, in point of fact, sent specifically to deal with bandits attacking your establishment. This does not mean we will sit idly by and watch as your livelihood is wrenched away from you." He turned to look at Oleg, raising one eyebrow. "Quite tidily, it bring us around to what I was discussing with your husband earlier. While we were not ordered to defend your settlement, we WERE ordered to subdue the bandit problem in the territory of our new demesne. If you were to become part of our territory, then YOUR bandit problem would become MY bandit problem." He smiled a smile that bordered on viscous. "And if there is one thing I do well, its take care of problems."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-22, 04:57 PM
Elsbeth smirks again.

"You took the words right out of my mouth, buddy. How much more fortunate can we get that our first bandits come to us?"

dathom
2010-10-22, 05:01 PM
Raising an eyebrow at Triumph's ambitious claim, Lukasz decides to otherwise ignore it. Noting the worry in Svetlana's voice, Lukasz will put his spoon back in the bowl and respond, "Don't you worry Svetlana. I don't carry that bow of mine or this sword for show and I am sure the same can be said for the others here. We will take care of your bandit problem. How many usually come on each visit? Any that seem to be the leader of the groups that have visited you?"

Rizeska
2010-10-22, 08:07 PM
In response to Triumph's proclamation, Svetlana looks a little bemused. "That's... very nice, my dears?" she says, in the tone of voice one might use on a somewhat slow, but well meaning, child.

Perhaps if the group actually survives their first foray into the wilderness, people might be able to take them more seriously. For now, though, it's just the same sort of thing they've heard from others who've disappeared in the Narlmarshes.

"Well, as for their numbers... The first time they came, three months ago, there twelve of them, but there were only seven the second time, and five the time after that. They were brutes, all of them, especially this hooded man, but the one that frightened me the most was the woman with the hatchets. She only came the first time, but she almost cut off my husband's arm--we're lucky that she only decided to take my wedding ring when she left!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-22, 08:39 PM
"So, do we track them down or let them come to us tommorow? Not encouraged by the diminishing numbers each time. Either they're being axed in the wilderness, which is good, or they're realizing they need fewer numbers to deal with this place, which is bad. Bad because if we don't kill them all in one fell swoop, they'll target this place as soon as they learn we've killed their own. That could mean a "siege" for lack of a better term. No offense, Oleg, but I'd say a blindfolded, one-legged kobold with a rusty knife could pillage this place. I saw one do that once!"

She looks at Triumph, figuring he'd want the question to be directed at him due to his delusions of leadership.

ProfessorM
2010-10-22, 09:28 PM
Triumph gives a brilliant smile to the witch, accepting his due. "I believe the best option is to wait and surprise the marauders when they come to collect the next bit of extortion. We'll be able to take them out quickly, and attacking from ambush will negate the disadvantage we'll face taking one alive." He frowns, taking another piece of bread. "I believe you are right in thinking that we need to take them all out in one sweeping maneuver. Given that, it is imperative that we capture one of the raiders, so we can extract information about the main camp from him or her." He bites into the roll, chewing leisurely. Swallowing, he continues. "We may be able to recruit some of them to our cause, even. No doubt a number of them are operating under duress, or could be made to see the error of their ways when the situation is explained clearly."

Starbuck_II
2010-10-22, 09:35 PM
I guess if we promise enough reward some might join out of lack of loyalty. But instead of meeting them: we could hide, following them back to there lair. The drawback is they might make trouble before they leave.
The Advantage is we than know exactly where they live.

Syonac thought wondering if we can take that many at once if it came to that. He ate some more bites of his stew.

dathom
2010-10-22, 10:55 PM
As Svetlana explained their situation further, Lukasz ate a few mouthfuls of the delicious rabbit strew. Once he had chewed and swallowed, listening to his companions ideas as he did, he will then chime in with. "Now matter how much we might like to, I don't think taking the bandits out in one fell swoop is possible. The threat these bandits represent is big enough to warrant a charter by the Swordlords of Restov and as such, isn't something that will be able to be dealt with over night." Taking a bite of one of the rolls, Lukasz will continue with, "I think we should find an opportunity to talk with these men. Let them into the fort and have one of us speak with them while the others lie in wait should talking go bad. That way we would be able to see which of the men would be willing to consider an honest life given the choice and which ones would deserve the blade as proposed by the Swordlords." Then, turning to Oleg, Lukasz will ask, "How quickly can those gate be closed once the bandits are inside?"

Tyrael
2010-10-23, 02:53 AM
Raymond eats his meal quietly with trembling hands, moving very slowly. His face mask, goggles and thick gauntlets lie on the chair beside him, having removed them for the dinner. His face is surprisingly young, but thin and nearly as gaunt as a skull. His bright emerald eyes glare piercingly out of their deep sockets, and the entire right side of his face seems to be a single grotesque mass of burnt scar tissue, with thin blue veins clearly visible just under the surface. His right hand is gaunt enough to be a skeleton's claw, covered with a mass of burn scars and missing his pinky finger.

As the bandit discussion swirls around him, Raymond takes no heed, concentrating solely on each spoonful as he eats with painstaking slowness.

Rizeska
2010-10-23, 12:08 PM
Oleg snorted "What's this talk about 'lettin' 'em escape'? I was rather looking forward to displayin' their lifeless bodies as deterrents to the others. 'Lana and I were thinkin' you all could hide in the guest house, or the stables, then rush out and attack them, but we're no great tacticians, so you do what you feel is best. As for the gates, they can be closed in a few seconds if'n you've got someone nearby. Barricading them, on the other hand, takes about half a minute for the heavy bar, or longer if you want to stack that empty cart up against it. We don't have any padlocks, or least-a-ways any that work, unfortunately. We've got some things in the storeroom that might be useful to ya', I'll show you after dinner."

Seeing Raymond's wounds, Svetlana gasps. "Are you alright, sir?"

Tyrael
2010-10-23, 04:43 PM
Raymond's deathly-pale skin flushes a very faint pink as the man blushes awkwardly, clearly self-conscious. "Oh...yes..." he wheezes faintly, his raspy voice barely above a whisper. "I'm perf...ectly fine...No need to...worry yours...elf on...my ac...count...."

The man's speech comes between fitful gasps of air, and as he finishes, he grabs for his breath mask on the chair beside him and sucks in a few relieved lungfuls.

dathom
2010-10-25, 12:16 PM
Hearing Oleg's words, Lukasz says, "Not sure how excited you would be about that once the bodies start to decompose. There are magics that could deal with that problem, but I don't think it is withing the ability of this group at the moment."

Also passing a worried eye to the hacking man, Lukasz will still continue with, "We won't need to barricade them if we can keep two of our number between the bandits and the door. That would give us the added advantage of catching them in a flank with no where for them to go." Then taking another mouthful and chewing, Lukasz will say, "I still say we should get them to talk, at least long enough to learn where they make camp and what are their numbers. Then, should they misbehave, we deal with them with our full might. What do you all think?"

Starbuck_II
2010-10-25, 02:08 PM
Do you mean talk to them here?
Oh, idea, we try both plans. Oleg's ambush + talky bit. You, Wookash, talk hoping they comply while the rest of us be ready to attack if give signal given?

ProfessorM
2010-10-26, 03:14 PM
"Speed and stealth will win the day. We've no need for barricades -- if they try and escape, I (and anyone else with the skill) can just ride them down. Personally I will stay in the stables, mounted, and then ride out at the most opportune moment. If we deliberate too far, we risk overcomplicating the plan." He scoots back his chair. "I, for one, am ready to get some sleep in preparation for tomorrow. Thank you for the meal."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-26, 06:21 PM
"So...tactical plans all set then?"

ProfessorM
2010-10-29, 06:54 PM
Well, I'll leave ya to your preparations. Me and the wife need to get ourselves rested for tomorrows trials. If you need anything, come knock on the door, but otherwise leave us to our rest. Hopefully come this time tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to a sounder sleep. Oleg frowns determindly, resting a hand on Svetlana's shoulder, before turning and heading toward the door. Svetlana gives you all a hopeful smile as she cleans up the plates and then follows her husband.

[[Take a look at the map and then post in the OOC where you will be waiting and what exactly you all plan to do.]]

ProfessorM
2010-11-01, 07:41 AM
Morning dawns bright and early on the day of the "tax collection". When you rise and move into the courtyard, Oleg and Svetlana are already up and moving around with nervous energy. Svetlana gives you a thin-lipped, worried smile as she serves oatmeal and nut-studded bread. Oleg is already dragging chests out of the storeroom with bags under his eyes - he learned last time that making the bandits wait while they sort through his inventory is an invitation to a beating. Just as you are finishing breakfast, you hear the sound of approaching hoofbeats.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TM6ws-HqYeI/AAAAAAAAAIA/629wZeuzi2w/s800/map.jpg

[[Those of you who have a chance at being seen, roll stealth]]

Tyrael
2010-11-01, 08:22 AM
Raymond keeps his head down, crouching behind the battlements.

[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2010-11-01, 03:06 PM
I'm crouching so cover should help.

[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-01, 08:39 PM
Elsbeth awaits the command of one of the others.

ProfessorM
2010-11-02, 04:02 PM
The hoofbeats get louder as Oleg finishes dragging out the last batch of crates out of the storeroom [A4]. As the sounds congregate around the main gate, you can hear several men calling out curses and threats -- "open up or we'll burn this hovel down and deal with you after" seems to be the general theme. Oleg runs over and drags the gate open, revealing 6 men mounted on horseback, dressed in rough leathers and much-patched cloaks. The one in the lead has a bare longsword in hand, and trots into the compound with a grin, doing a quick circle around Oleg and thwacking him a couple times with the flat of the blade. Oleg cringes and keeps his head down. The man, who has slightly better equipment than the others, waves the rest of his group forward after taking a quick glance around. The bandits approach the piled loot eagerly, one of them leading two riderless horses.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TNB7zMSteXI/AAAAAAAAAIo/Us5L0TWkdSc/s800/73588591.jpg

[[B=Bandit Leader, b=bandit, h=horse w/o rider. Elsbeth, they don't seem to be paying much attention, but if they move any more forward, you risk being seen.]]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-02, 06:15 PM
Secrecy not being Elsbeth's thing, she steps out in full view of the bandits.

"Hey boys, what's going on here? It's impolite to thwack your host on the head like a dog that's just p*ssed on the welcome mat."

ProfessorM
2010-11-02, 07:45 PM
The bandits stop in their tracks, staring at Elsbeth. The lead one looks up from bullying Oleg, giving you an incredulous stare. "Excuse me, but who the **** are you?" The underlings all start drifting in, moving closer to Elsbeth.

[[The two foremost bandits move to P15 and O16. The other ones move forward to S15, T15. S16. The lead bandit stays where he is, sword leveled at Oleg.]]

Starbuck_II
2010-11-03, 07:21 PM
Syonac quietly tries to imbue his wrath against the Leader B holding his sword to Oleg (cast personal spell wrath).

Keeping his crossbow ready he aims so next round he hopes he has a clear shot. Maybe if he takes out the leader the rest will flee.

dathom
2010-11-05, 01:50 AM
Stepping out from the corner of the bunkhouse, Lukasz calls "The question is, who are you to be bothering these honest people with your threats and violence?" Though his bow is lowered, it is also nocked with an arrow and ready to be raised and fired should the bandits decide to resort to violence.

OOC:Sorry for the lack of posting, been getting settled into a new job. I am back to a regular posting schedule. Stepping out to p17 from p18 if that is okay.

ProfessorM
2010-11-05, 12:46 PM
Seeing yet more unknown parties emerging from the woodwork, the lead bandit hesitates. He lowers his sword to his side and holds up a gloved fist, signalling the rest of the band to hold. "We're just having a bit o' fun, sir, nothing so damning as what we say. All we be is simple tax collectors, here to get our payment for the protection we've offered these past months." He looks down at Oleg. "Ain't that right, Oleg my friend? I'm sure you, and especially your lovely wife, agree."

Oleg keeps his head down but manages to shoot Elsbeth a pleading glance.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-05, 01:05 PM
Elsbeth starts to slowly move towards the bandit leader and Oleg, hoping Lukasz will be able to distract them long enough for her to help Oleg.

dathom
2010-11-05, 01:17 PM
Arrow still nocked, Lukasz counters with, "Protection from who? With the way you act, I would think it would be you who they would need protection from." Motioning with his eyes towards the Bandit leader's blade, he continues with, "Old Deadeye doesn't take kindly to someone else's hard work being unrightfully taken, especially by a group of wild hooligans such as yourself. Put your weapons down and surrender or by Desna's fickle coin, you'll have them taken from you." It is evident in the paladin's eyes that he means business as his hand tenses and tension is put on the bowstring. If there is one thing that the paladin of Erastil wouldn't put up with, it was hard-working people being hassled by the likes of these bandits.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-05, 01:29 PM
Elsbeth takes advantage of the distraction and leers menacingly at the leader.

"YOU WON'T BE LOPPING OFF ANYONE'S HEAD TODAY, FOOL!"

The bandit leader's blade suddenly feels heavier in his hand, to the point where he can barely heft it in combat.

((Elsbeth uses her evil eye hex on the bandit leader, choosing to give him a -2 penalty to attack rolls for 7 rounds if he fails a will save, 1 round if he makes his save.))

Starbuck_II
2010-11-05, 01:53 PM
(assuming it is a new round and can go again)
"Well, it just got real. I am the trip in the Night. I am the bunion that is in evil's feet. Surrender now or prepare to fight".

Shoot with crossbow at Leader Bandit (if I miss I'll pretend it was a warning shot).

[roll0]
[roll1]

ProfessorM
2010-11-05, 06:04 PM
[[Things are getting a little confusing, and some of you may need to edit your posts.]]

Lukasz brings his bow to bear on the bandit leader, who's mouth twists into a brutal sneer as he springs into action. Dropping his sword, he suddenly strikes out and grabs on to Oleg's arm, hauling him toward him while his free hand reaches for a smaller sheath on his leg. An arrow thuds into the dirt next to his foot as he snarls at the party, wrenching free the dagger and pressing the point to Oleg's ribs. "Ok, I think it's about time you let us collect our due and move on, or else Oleg here might develop a nasty leak."

The rest of the bandits gape in shock at this sudden development.

[[Leader had a readied action to grapple Oleg the moment he was threatened -- both Lukasz and the arrow set it off. Sorry Elsbeth but your action hasn't kicked in yet, you can change it when it comes to your turn if you want. I won't rule that Oleg and the Leader get hit by the Doctor's bomb -- you can edit and change your post. Syonac has a 2nd action since he is first in the init, after Doc changes his action. After that the Leader goes again, then we follow the order.]]

Tyrael
2010-11-05, 07:03 PM
As he sees the bandit leader grab Oleg, Raymond hesitates. He removes a black sphered from under his jacket and a tindertwig, but holds the objects motionlessly, watching the standoff warily.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-05, 07:11 PM
Syonac says boldly, "I reckon that using another man as a shield just ain't right.

Syonac moves to U-9 than cast daze on the bandit Leader hoping he fails his save DC 14 Will save or dazed 1 rd.

ProfessorM
2010-11-05, 07:27 PM
The bandit leader's expression slackens for a second, but then she shakes hes head and refirms his grip on Oleg. He glances around nervously and spots Syonac up on the battlements. "Cursed mage! Digging into another man's mind and rooting about ain't fair play either, nor is attacking from hiding! Now back off!"

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TNB7zMSteXI/AAAAAAAAAJA/ddEGvcWWu9o/s800/73588591.jpg

dathom
2010-11-07, 01:48 PM
Easing the tension on his bow, Lukasz will let go of the bowstring once the tension is gone as he holds up his now free right hand saying, "Ok! You win! I don't want any unnecessary bloodshed. Just let the man go and we can talk." Lukasz tries to keep his voice calm, but a perceptive person can tell that the paladin was a little nervous, what with Oleg's life hanging on the result of this encounter.

Diplomacy:[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-07, 07:56 PM
"We didn't realize how serious you were! We were trying to scare you! Please don't hurt him!" Elsbeth adds with a terrified look on her face.

Elsbeth will be making a Diplomacy check of her own:

[roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-11-08, 06:51 PM
The bandit leader gives the two party members in front of him a ghastly cracked smile. "Don't you fret, I'm not gonna hurt him. Hard for him to generate revenue if he's dead! Haha!" Oleg tries to wrench himself free but the bandit just clamps down harder, pressing with the dagger into Oleg's leather jerkin and dragging him over to the horses. "Careful now! We're just gonna stay here and wait while these nice travelers let my men collect our taxes, then you'll take a little ride with us out into the forest and I'll let you go once I'm sure there'll be no funny business, ok?" He looks up and gestures with his head. "Jenks, Henderson, you pack the horses. The rest of you keep your bows on these nice travelers. Make sure they don't do nothin' but watch."

[The bandit leader moves to U16, muscling Oleg along with him to U15.]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-08, 09:59 PM
"You don't need to threaten Oleg. Veudi, we understand it's hard here. Please, we'll let you take what you need albaratha. I'm just scared you'll take Oleg away and kill him, and leave his wife all alone. Please, just let him go, solenu."

Elsbeth looks like she's about to cry, but her odd gesticulations and the strange words she peppers her plea with tell a different story.

Elsbeth casts Charm Person on the bandit leader, attempting to disguise her verbal and somatic components as elvish inflections and hysterical flailings.

ProfessorM
2010-11-09, 04:27 PM
The bandit leader's eyes soften. "Ok, little lady, don't cry. You'll break my heart, I swear." He gives Oleg a little shake. "I won't take him with us; I'll let him go as soon as we've packed our things. Jenks! Hurry up with those bags!"

The two lead bandits move over to the storeroom [A4], dismount, and start quickly loading goods onto their horses. The other bandits keep bows on the party, except for the one next to the leader, who earns a slap and some muttered words when he aims at Elsbeth.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-09, 04:48 PM
"Could you please let him come over here? It seems rather inconvenient to be holding him. He's probably scared out of his mind, and it's not like he can fight back or anything. You can do as you please, if you let go of him."

ProfessorM
2010-11-09, 05:17 PM
The bandit snorts with laughter. "If you really want him that bad, fine, you can have him. I'd rather he not pee himself while I've got a hold on 'im, haha!" He gives Oleg a firm kick toward Elsbeth, sending the merchant sprawling, while the underling next to him give him a disbelieving look and scrambles to raise his bow.

Initiative:
Elsbeth:
Lukasz: [roll1]
Raymond: [roll2]
Syonac: [roll3]
Triumph: [roll4]
Bandit Leader: [roll5]
Bandits: [roll]1d20
Oleg: [roll6]

dathom
2010-11-09, 06:49 PM
Uncertain at what Elsbeth did, Lukasz thinks to ask until he sees the underling start to raise his bow. I response, the paladin shouts, "Oleg! Move!" as he starts to bring his own nocked bow up.

If Lukasz goes before the bandits: He trains his bow on the scrambling underling, saying, "Don't give me reason to hurt you."

If underling goes before Lukasz and he decides to fire: Lukasz responds to the underling's attack with one of his own, pulling back and releasing the string in one smooth motion.

OOC: To be able to get a shot off on the underlings near the bandit leader, I would have had to move to p,16 so that is what Lukasz would have done.

Attack underling with bow who attacked:
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1] Add +1 to hit and to damage if the underling is 30 feet of less away.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-09, 07:51 PM
Elsbeth smirks as the bandit leader lets Oleg go. When normal persuasion failed, magic made all the difference. She begins waving her hands again.

"From the hungering maw of the Ever-Empty, he who squats within my belly, come forth O creature to my aid, and destroy those who pillage and raid!" she begins chanting.

Elsbeth is casting Summon Monster I, to call forth a Fire Beetle as a distraction, so the bandits don't shoot at Oleg while he gets to safety.

ProfessorM
2010-11-09, 10:24 PM
Shouting a curse, the bandit next to the leader ducks away from him and draws a bead on Elsbeth as she begins to chant. He looses the arrow, hoping to disrupt her casting.
The underlings actually got 20 on init, so they went first, but they all readied actions to attack the PCs if anyone attacked or cast at them.
bT15 moves to U16.
bU16@E (Longbow): [roll0] ([roll1])
The rest of the bandits take aim at the nearest party members and, now that they see everything is going to ****, let fly.
Each of you is going to get an arrow. The two of you up on the palisade have soft cover, so you'll be harder to hit (I've factored that into their attack rolls).
bL14@E (Longbow): [roll2] ([roll3])
bL15@L (Longbow): [roll4] ([roll5])
bS15@D (Longbow): [roll6] ([roll7])
bS16@S (Longbow): [roll8] ([roll9])

An explosion rocks the compound as Dr. Atticus lands a direct hit on the bandit leader, badly burning the man's face and hands, and causing his leather cloak and armor to smolder.

Edit: Elsbeth actually has soft cover (+4) against the first arrow because the underline is firing through the square of an ally, and she has partial (+2) on the 2nd because she's standing in a cart with half walls. So keep that in mind on your checks. Also keep in mind that y'all are flat footed.
Edit 2: Those of you up top are on high ground, so +1 to hit.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TNqh3hFc3jI/AAAAAAAAAMM/bj2DaBn_BDA/s800/73588591-1.jpg

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-10, 12:16 PM
The arrow catches Elsbeth right in her pillowy gut, and she stares at it for a moment before managing to make one last quip.

"That's going to leave a scar."

Then she tumbles back, the wound to great for her.

Elsbeth's now at -1 HP. If anyone has any healing stuff, now would be a good time to use it. I can't cast cure spells on myself if I'm unconcious.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-10, 05:21 PM
Syonac decides to buff the sick dude.
Here, take this.

Casts Shield of Faith grant Raymond +2 Deflection to AC (even less chance to hit him now since he on wall).
Then Syonac moves 20 feet over to U-6.

ProfessorM
2010-11-10, 05:58 PM
With a roar of rage, the bandit leader whirls to face where the bomb flew from. "You'll die for that, old man!", he snarls, as he raises his powerfully strung bow and looses an arrow at the alchemist.

BT14@DU11 (Comp. Longbow): [roll0] ( [roll1] )

ProfessorM
2010-11-10, 07:37 PM
Finally hearing the sounds of actual combat, Triumph bursts out of his hiding place, slamming the stable door open with his lance and charging directly at the nearest unmounted enemy.

TN13@bL13 (Lance, Mounted Charge): [roll0] ( [roll1] )

Tyrael
2010-11-10, 11:52 PM
Dr. Raymond jerks backwards, staring in amazement at the arrow in his chest. He hadn't quite considered the possibility that someone would shoot him. His gloved hands finger the shaft hesitantly. "Oh....bother...."

With a pained groan, the man sinks do his knees, then flops to the floor in a sad little bundle of blood and cloth.

4HP and 13 AC....I'm quite possibly the flimsiest dude ever. Curse my 3 CON!

Down to -2 HP...10% chance to stabilize...[roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-11-11, 03:45 PM
An arrow from the paladin of Erastil slams into the meat of one of the underling's thigh, making him yelp and run for cover.

Oleg scrambles up, pulls something out of his vest pocket, and tosses it up to Syonac with a yell before he ducks behind the cart.

Oleg throws a potion of Cure Light Wounds up to Syonac, moves to Q11, and crouches.

A character can carefully administer a potion to an unconscious creature as a full-round action, trickling the liquid down the creature's throat. Likewise, it takes a full-round action to apply an oil to an unconscious creature.

Raymond's turn will be his stabilizing check. Back to the top of initiative, bandits go again.

Initiative:
Bandits: (1d20)[20]
Syonac: (1d20+4)[16]
Bandit Leader: (1d20-2)[16]
Elsbeth: (1d20+5)[19] - changed to [16]
Triumph: (1d20+5)[14]
Lukasz: (1d20+4)[7]
Oleg: (1d20)[5]
Raymond: (1d20)[2]

Svetlana: [roll0]

Confronted with a mounted opponent who just splintered in the door of the storeroom with one powerful thrust of his lance, the two bandits facing Triumph panic. One steps back inside the storeroom doorway, firing an arrow up at the mounted figure, who laughs as the shaft skips off his armor and pinwheels away. The second bandit, seeing the only nearby hiding place occupied by his ally, tries to duck past his horse to get to a better position. Suddenly, Triumph's brightly colored lance jabs out to an unexpected length, catching the man in the neck with its needle-sharp tip and sending him gasping to the ground.

Feeling their horses shifting under them as the animals react to the smell of fear and blood in the air, the remaining bandits all dismount. The one nearest the gate runs forward and grabs the reins of the horses, clucking and soothing them as he draws them away from combat. The other two raise their bows and fire on the party. One, who managed to dismount faster than the other, starts running for the ladder that leads up to the palisade walls.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TNxVmSZNeCI/AAAAAAAAANQ/qwcg3V1NoA0/s800/TradingPostMap.jpg

Starbuck_II
2010-11-11, 06:23 PM
Syonac moves back to the Doctor and administer first aid while holding on to the potion with his mouth (I only have 2 hands).

Don't die on me.

[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-12, 12:16 PM
Elsbeth continues to lie in the wagon near Oleg. She's thankfully not bleeding out, but she is unconcious.

ProfessorM
2010-11-12, 01:28 PM
Oleg crouches over Elsbeth's prone body, watching with a mixture of fear and determination as the bandit leader runs toward him. The merchant clenches his fists, getting ready to fight even with his bare hands as the bandit leader reaches under his cloak, but stops when the man pulls out a small vial. His face set in an expression of worry, he bullies Oleg into helping him dribble the potion into Elsbeth's mouth.

Elsbeth, you'll be healed for [roll0]. Looks like that Charm Person is paying off. B moves to R12 and puts down his bow to use the potion.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-12, 01:32 PM
Elsbeth stirs and looks up at her rescuer with an odd mixture of surprise and admiration.

She then grabs the bandit leader and pulls him forward, planting a deep sensual kiss on his mouth.

"If we both live through this battle, there'll be more than a kiss waiting for you afterwards," she adds with a coy wink.

She then stands, grunting in pain as she removes the arrow, and starts to cast another spell.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-12, 01:36 PM
Elsbeth is now casting cure light wounds on herself.

[roll0]

That brings her back to full health.

ProfessorM
2010-11-12, 01:58 PM
Smiling sardonically at the bandit in the doorway, Triumph wheels his horse around and snaps the reigns, urging the stallion into a charge. As Victory reaches the wagon, he leaps into the air with flying mane, landing with a thunderous crash on the other side. Triumph takes the momentum of the landing and channels it into a devastating thrust with his lance that obliterates the skull of the underling who was trying to get to the ladder.

[Triumph ends up occupying S13, S14, T13, and T14 on his horse. b4 is dead.]

dathom
2010-11-14, 02:30 PM
Glad that Triumph seemed to have the ability to back up his numerous claims, Lukasz aims at the nearest bandit. Channeling his patron's anger at the bandit's disregard for the trader's hard work, holy light seems to gather around his arrow as he fires it.

Smite Evil ranged attack:[roll0] [roll1]
OOC:Add +3 to the attack and +1 to damage if bandit b5 happens to be evil.

ProfessorM
2010-11-15, 08:21 AM
Not wanting to draw attention to himself, Oleg slinks over to the stables, grabbing the reigns of the horse at the door and leading it inside, where he disappears from view.

There is a slight creak as the door to Oleg and Svetlana's living quarters opens and a head full of curly red hair pokes out. Svetlana takes a look around, waiting to see whats going on before she acts.

[Raaaayyyymooooond. I'm gonna skip you if you don't replyyyy]

ProfessorM
2010-11-17, 09:09 AM
[AND THEN I SKIPPED TYRAEL]

The bandit by the gate tries to get the milling horses to clear the way, but the nervous animals refuse to listen to his commands. Frustrated, he turns and draws on the mounted man who just spitted his ally, loosing an arrow that finds purchase in Triumph's ribs. The cavalier turns to look at the bandit with a surprised hiss.

Meanwhile, whimpering and muttering comments in the vein of "not getting paid enough for this", the other remaining bandit near the gate mounts his horse once again and and wheels to flee, only to find his escape rout clogged with other equines.

Feeling trapped, the bandit in the storeroom door fires wildly at Lukasz (missing) and then mounts his own horse.

Tyrael
2010-11-17, 01:11 PM
The pool of blood soaking Raymond's heavy clothes gets wider.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-17, 02:12 PM
Elsbeth looks at the bandit that shot at Triumph and glares at him like she glared at his boss.

"You'll pay for that arrow, you bastard!"

Evil Eye hex on B3

ProfessorM
2010-11-17, 05:27 PM
The bandit leader follows Elsbeth's eyes, looking slightly stunned from the kiss. He frowns a little at her words. "Beggin' ya pardon ma'am, but ye can't blame Frederick for wanting blood, what arfter yon mounted knight there just killed his campmate of 5 years. I'd day I'd be a bit angry too, iffin I was in his shoes."

[Bandlit leader delays action.]

Starbuck_II
2010-11-17, 06:52 PM
Syonac's turn.
He pours the potion down the Doctor's throat curing him.

[roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-11-17, 07:09 PM
Nudging his horse, Triumph does a tight circle and then lashes out with his lance, spearing the man who just shot him. Blood sprays from a serious wound to the bandit's chest, and he lets out a high keen of fear.

Triumph@b3 (Lance): [roll0] [roll1]

dathom
2010-11-17, 10:29 PM
Not able to get a clear shot on the bandit attempting to corral the horses, Lukasz turn as an arrow hits where his head had been a moment before. Glaring at the bandit coming out of the warehouse, he, in one smooth motion, lets loose an arrow at the offending archer.

Ranged attack with point blank shot:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

ProfessorM
2010-11-17, 10:59 PM
With a grim look in his eye, Oleg walks calmly out of the stable just in time to see the bandit nearest him take an arrow to the chest. As the man looks down in horror at the feathered shaft sprouting from his ribcage, Oleg runs up and finishes him off with a deft overhand chop to the top of the skull.

Oleg@b (Handaxe): [roll0] [roll1]

Seeing that they are surrounded and their leader is in no mood to contribute to the fight, the remaining bandits drop their weapons and raise hands in surrender.

Initiative:
Bandits: (1d20)[20]
Syonac: (1d20+4)[16]
Bandit Leader: (1d20-2)[16]
Elsbeth: (1d20+5)[19] - changed to [16]
Triumph: (1d20+5)[14]
Lukasz: (1d20+4)[7]
Oleg: (1d20)[5]
Svetlana: (1d20+1)[5]
Raymond: (1d20)[2]

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5wGXAXZDAZg/TOVcZ0taLfI/AAAAAAAAANo/gxxDEwQ0Z2Y/s800/TradingPostMap.jpg

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-18, 02:21 PM
Elsbeth beckons to the bandit leader.

"Come here, big boy. It seems the fight's finally over, and I can give you that reward I promised,"

dathom
2010-11-18, 06:02 PM
Raising a nocked arrow to the man on the horse, Lukasz calls, "Down off the horse and sit on the ground!"

ProfessorM
2010-11-19, 08:18 AM
Moving slowly and favoring his arrow wound, the underling climbs down off his horse and slumps into a sitting position. Throwing his bow to the side, he moves to put his hands behind his head but winces as the arrow pulls.

The other bandits follow suit, dismounting and sitting.

The bandit leader, however, gets up and follows Elsbeth, a foolish grin on his glazed face.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-19, 09:20 AM
When he comes over to her, she gives him a kiss, even more passionate than the last. Followed by braining him with a rock to knock him unconcious.

"Let's tie him up!"

ProfessorM
2010-11-19, 09:41 AM
The bandit leader gives a surprised "Duh!" and slumps to the ground, blood slowly trickling from his scalp. You hear a murmur of fear from the underlings as they stare at Elsbeth with something verging on horrified awe.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-19, 10:44 AM
Well, um, can you heal the Doctor, Elsbeth? He is still rather wounded.

Syonac said as he drags the Doctor down to the ground floor.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-19, 12:59 PM
"I'm out of spells that could help him, since I used my one healing spell on myself, but I know a thing or two about herbal remedies. Oleg, have Svetlana prepare a bed for him, then get me some bandages and any medicenes you might have. Anything could be useful. Syonac, once he's bedded down, join the others in trussing up these suckers for interrogation. Make sure to do the leader first, because he's likely going to be pissed that I charmed him and then played him like a grig's fiddle."

dathom
2010-11-19, 08:41 PM
Lowering his bow once the man was on the ground, he looks to make sure the other bandit and leader were covered before tying the bandits arms. Then, lying him on the ground with the arrow wound facing the sky. Then, eyeing the arrow wound, he orders, "Lie still. I will see if Elsbeth is in a good mood to help you with your wound." Then, calling to Oleg, he asks, "Oleg, would you gather up the horses while we deal with the intruders?"

ProfessorM
2010-11-20, 08:19 AM
Trembling slightly and wiping at the blood that spatters his face, Oleg moves to the horses. Svetlana comes out and goes with him, putting her hand on his arm and speaking to him in a low tone as they take reins and guide the animals into the stable.

The bandits sit (or lie) miserably on the ground.

Tyrael
2010-11-20, 05:42 PM
The Doctor continues to lie limply on the ground, unconscious but at least not dying anymore.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-20, 08:11 PM
Elsbeth goes over to the Doctor, and takes some pouches out of her bag. She examines the wound, throws a few foul-smelling powders and herbs on it to make a crude poultice, and then spits on it to hold it in place.
Heal check:[roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-11-28, 12:27 PM
The bandits are now all restrained and ready for interrogation.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-28, 01:07 PM
"So...who wants to go first?" Elsbeth asks her comrades-in-arms.

"I'd personally like to molest the information out of them, but I suppose conventional interrogation methods would be as effective...and less creepy," she adds, taking a somewhat sheepish tone near the end.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-29, 04:32 PM
*coughs* Surely, you meant something more appropriate...

*sigh* So, *crackes own knuckles* would any of you like to talk or do we have to get physical?

dathom
2010-11-30, 12:35 AM
Still keeping an eye on the bandit he bound, he calls over to Oleg, "Hey Oleg! You have a few places we can take these blokes to ask them a few question?" Then turning to Elsbeth, he says, "Why don't you take lover boy there and have a chat, I'll see to the one with an arrow stuck in his side and the others can see to the other bandits." Then, lowering his voice to a whisper, he says, "We'll get a straight story out of the bunch of them." Then, moving to the bandit he stuck with an arrow, he says, "All right bub. Let us see about getting that arrow out of you."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-30, 12:39 AM
Still keeping an eye on the bandit he bound, he calls over to Oleg, "Hey Oleg! You have a few places we can take these blokes to ask them a few question?" Then turning to Elsbeth, he says, "Why don't you take lover boy there and have a chat, I'll see to the one with an arrow stuck in his side and the others can see to the other bandits." Then, lowering his voice to a whisper, he says, "We'll get a straight story out of the bunch of them." Then, moving to the bandit he stuck with an arrow, he says, "All right bub. Let us see about getting that arrow out of you."
Elsbeth nods, and eagerly takes the leader into the stable, so she'll have some privacy and ties him to a chair, then gets one of her own, and waits for him to wake up, a pleased smirk on her face.

ProfessorM
2010-11-30, 02:58 PM
Oleg indicates that the stables and guesthouse can be used if you need to separate the bandits out.

The bandit hisses with pain, twisting away as Lukasz approaches. "What can we do about it? You put the damn thing in me in the first place!"

In the stable, the bandit leader groans and slowly lifts his head, eyelids flickering. Pupils of distinctly different sizes regard Elsbeth for a confused moment before he vomits copiously all over himself and whatever happens to be in front of him. Unfortunately, that means Elsbeth and her chair.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-30, 05:06 PM
Elsbeth is surprised at the sudden vomiting but takes it in stride, taking a handkerchief from her bag, first cleaning the leader off, then cleaning up her clothes, followed by the sprinkling of some scented herbs to cover up the smell.

"Little too much to drink last night?"

ProfessorM
2010-11-30, 06:17 PM
The bandit leader slumps forward as Elsbeth cleans him, breathing unevenly. "You hit me in the head." The words are slightly slurred, and he groans in pain.

With great effort, he looks up at Elsbeth again. "Very dangerous to hit someone in the head. You could have killed me." He looks down at the ropes that bind him to the chair and then back up, eyes dull. "Whats all this about..."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-30, 06:34 PM
The bandit leader slumps forward as Elsbeth cleans him, breathing unevenly. "You hit me in the head." The words are slightly slurred, and he groans in pain.

With great effort, he looks up at Elsbeth again. "Very dangerous to hit someone in the head. You could have killed me." He looks down at the ropes that bind him to the chair and then back up, eyes dull. "Whats all this about..."
Realizing he's still charmed, Elsbeth's smirk returns.

"Oh, just a little...foreplay, dear. I've always enjoyed watching a man squirm in his bonds. I'm gonna ask you some questions, and if you answer right, maybe...just maybe...you'll get your reward."

She strokes his face coyly.

ProfessorM
2010-11-30, 11:22 PM
The bandit leader spits out a gob of congealed blood and vomit. "So let me get this straight. You cast some foul magic on me, take advantage of my compelled trust, give me a concussion, tie me to a chair, and then somehow expect me to find it all sexy?" He glares, some of the fuzz clearing from his eyes. "When Kressle finds out what you've done, she's gonna burn this place to the ground and then carve those lips of yours right off." He leers. "Both sets, I mean."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-30, 11:31 PM
"First River Freedom: Say What You Will, I Live Free," Elsbeth replies smartly. "You should've known better than to let a witch keep talking when she started saying strange things."

"So this Kressle lady's your boss, huh? Good, that saves me the trouble of asking you that particular question. Why don't we skip to the part where you tell me where to find her and I'll spare you the humiliation of being dominated by a great sow of a woman like me, and you screaming out the information while in the throes of passion."

Not sure what kind of check to make. Intimidation, because she's trying to scare him with the thought of her having her way with him? Bluff, because she plans on having her way with him anyway? Diplomacy, because she wants to have her way with him and thus have him more amenable to the idea?

ProfessorM
2010-12-01, 11:58 AM
"First River Freedom: Say What You Will, I Live Free," Elsbeth replies smartly. "You should've known better than to let a witch keep talking when she started saying strange things."

"So this Kressle lady's your boss, huh? Good, that saves me the trouble of asking you that particular question. Why don't we skip to the part where you tell me where to find her and I'll spare you the humiliation of being dominated by a great sow of a woman like me, and you screaming out the information while in the throes of passion."

Not sure what kind of check to make. Intimidation, because she's trying to scare him with the thought of her having her way with him? Bluff, because she plans on having her way with him anyway? Diplomacy, because she wants to have her way with him and thus have him more amenable to the idea?

The bandit leader looks sickened and horrified at the prospect, but keeps his mouth determinedly shut.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-01, 12:17 PM
"Well, looks like we're going to do this the hard way."

Elsbeth sits on his lap, facing him, letting him feel the pressure of having her body on top of him..

ProfessorM
2010-12-01, 01:34 PM
Eyes widening as he realizes that she's serious, the bandit gives a strangled cry and tries to wriggle away. Finally as the witch's full weight settles on him, he gasps "Okay, okay, I'll talk! I don't care about the others, so please, just get off!".

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-01, 01:36 PM
Eyes widening as he realizes that she's serious, the bandit gives a strangled cry and tries to wriggle away. Finally as the witch's full weight settles on him, he gasps "Okay, okay, I'll talk! I don't care about the others, so please, just get off!".

"Good boy."

Elsbeth gets off of his lap and sits back in her own chair.

"Start talking."

ProfessorM
2010-12-01, 06:44 PM
He avoids her eyes, burning with shame and defiance, as if trying to throw off any remaining loyalty as undeserved and foolish. "What is it you want to know?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-01, 11:29 PM
"In short order: Where can we find this Kressle, and how far away is she? How much resistance can we expect at her hideout? Anything unusual about her or her fellows? Is Kressle working for someone herself? Are there any other bandit operations besides Kressle's that we should be aware of in the area? What's your name and do you have a family, or anyone else who will miss you should you dissapear?"

dathom
2010-12-02, 03:02 AM
Guiding the man with the arrows to sit for a moment on a bench, Lukasz says, "Well, I can't very well get that arrow out of you if you keep squirming around. Heck, the only reason I had to put it in you in the first place was 'cause you went and threatened honest folk into giving you what wasn't yours to take. Then your boss decided to try to take it by force, and Old Deadeye frowns upon that sort of behavior." Then, sitting nest to the bound bandit, he continues with, "Unfortunately, it seems that our resident healer has gone off with your boss, so we can;t really remove that arrow from your side anytime soon. So how about we chat for a bit while we wait for our witch to return from seeing to the man's wounds."

OOC:Rotfl! Funniest, yet most disturbing visual that sprand from teh description, poor boss man doesn't know what he has gotten himself into.

ProfessorM
2010-12-02, 09:50 AM
"In short order: Where can we find this Kressle, and how far away is she? How much resistance can we expect at her hideout? Anything unusual about her or her fellows? Is Kressle working for someone herself? Are there any other bandit operations besides Kressle's that we should be aware of in the area? What's your name and do you have a family, or anyone else who will miss you should you dissapear?"

He seems to cringe with every new query, and spends a moment trying to sort out his answers. "My name is Happs Bydon, and all I got for a family is the sorry bunch of turkeys that followed me in and the rest of the blokes back at the camp. Oh, and Kressle. She's a mean one, thats fer sure, but a good gal to have for a boss, and good in the sack, too. Wields a real sharp axe in each hand, but that's really all there is to note. Our group holes up down by the Thorn River - I can show you the way there. If they aren't warned, there'll be eight men there and the rest out hunting or patrolling. I think Kressle answers to another bandit leader down further south, called the Stag Lord, but I've never met the man."

He shakes his head. "That's all I've got."

ProfessorM
2010-12-02, 09:53 AM
Guiding the man with the arrows to sit for a moment on a bench, Lukasz says, "Well, I can't very well get that arrow out of you if you keep squirming around. Heck, the only reason I had to put it in you in the first place was 'cause you went and threatened honest folk into giving you what wasn't yours to take. Then your boss decided to try to take it by force, and Old Deadeye frowns upon that sort of behavior." Then, sitting nest to the bound bandit, he continues with, "Unfortunately, it seems that our resident healer has gone off with your boss, so we can;t really remove that arrow from your side anytime soon. So how about we chat for a bit while we wait for our witch to return from seeing to the man's wounds."

OOC:Rotfl! Funniest, yet most disturbing visual that sprand from teh description, poor boss man doesn't know what he has gotten himself into.

A muffled shriek drifts out from the stable, and the bound bandit blanches. He looks up at Lukasz, more fear than defiance in his face. "We jus done what we needed to live. These lands don' suffer the weak, and you gotta take what you can before someone else does for ya."

Starbuck_II
2010-12-02, 12:32 PM
Syonac hearing that bandits words:
So, you won't mind what we do to you now? You words are: "These lands don' suffer the weak," since you lost that makes you weak?
No, I doubt you'll now be okay with whatever we do with you: you just used an excuse to hurt these people. If it wasn't that you might prove useful, I'd execute you right here. If that changes...well, you know. *cracks knuckles*

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-02, 01:22 PM
He seems to cringe with every new query, and spends a moment trying to sort out his answers. "My name is Happs Bydon, and all I got for a family is the sorry bunch of turkeys that followed me in and the rest of the blokes back at the camp. Oh, and Kressle. She's a mean one, thats fer sure, but a good gal to have for a boss, and good in the sack, too. Wields a real sharp axe in each hand, but that's really all there is to note. Our group holes up down by the Thorn River - I can show you the way there. If they aren't warned, there'll be eight men there and the rest out hunting or patrolling. I think Kressle answers to another bandit leader down further south, called the Stag Lord, but I've never met the man."

He shakes his head. "That's all I've got."

"Good answers, Happs. Now that I've gotten what I need, I think it's time for what I want. After all, while you did try to kill me, you also saved my life, and that merits a special reward I think."

She undoes his trousers, begins kissing him passionately and then proceeds to have her way with him.

When she's done, she sits back on her chair, looking disheveled, flushed and very pleased with herself.

"No wonder Kressle favored you. You're as good as I thought you'd be. How would you like not to get arrested and hung, Happs?"

ProfessorM
2010-12-02, 02:51 PM
Syonac hearing that bandits words:
So, you won't mind what we do to you now? You words are: "These lands don' suffer the weak," since you lost that makes you weak?
No, I doubt you'll now be okay with whatever we do with you: you just used an excuse to hurt these people. If it wasn't that you might prove useful, I'd execute you right here. If that changes...well, you know. *cracks knuckles*

The bandit stares at you for a second, and then bursts out laughing. "Your hair! And the goatee! And that HAT! Aaahahaha!" He clutches at the arrow wound, hissing in pain but unable to stop. "You're like the vigilantist out of a one copper bard tale! HAAHAHA! Oh lord, how can you take yourself seriously!? HAHAHA!!"

ProfessorM
2010-12-02, 02:53 PM
"Good answers, Happs. Now that I've gotten what I need, I think it's time for what I want. After all, while you did try to kill me, you also saved my life, and that merits a special reward I think."

She undoes his trousers, begins kissing him passionately and then proceeds to have her way with him.

When she's done, she sits back on her chair, looking disheveled, flushed and very pleased with herself.

"No wonder Kressle favored you. You're as good as I thought you'd be. How would you like not to get arrested and hung, Happs?"

Happs slumps in the chair, exhausted. That... actually hadn't been as bad as he'd thought. A tumble is a tumble, and I ain't dead. I guess things are looking up. "Ah, I'd be willing to go for the whole avoiding the last tapdance, iffin I could. Knowing you, you've got some kind of bargain, I expect."

[Thank you for not making me RP that out >.> I can respect your tastes but I do noooot share them]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-02, 05:13 PM
Happs slumps in the chair, exhausted. That... actually hadn't been as bad as he'd thought. A tumble is a tumble, and I ain't dead. I guess things are looking up. "Ah, I'd be willing to go for the whole avoiding the last tapdance, iffin I could. Knowing you, you've got some kind of bargain, I expect."

[Thank you for not making me RP that out >.> I can respect your tastes but I do noooot share them]

"The bargain is this. I save your life, and in return, I'm your mistress. And if you're good to your mistress, your mistress will be VERY good to you. Do you like the sound of that?"

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

[No problem. I wasn't expecting you to RP that out anyway. There are lines about these sorts of things that I'd rather not cross.]

ProfessorM
2010-12-03, 10:06 AM
"The bargain is this. I save your life, and in return, I'm your mistress. And if you're good to your mistress, your mistress will be VERY good to you. Do you like the sound of that?"

He looks sheepish. "Ah, yes, um, Mistress." He looks down at his bonds. "Can you, uh, untie me? Since we've already... y'know..." The big man blushes.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-03, 11:00 AM
"Alright. But one more thing. If you run away while I'm gone, the deal's off, and I'll provide an exact description of you to the authorities. So behave yourself, or else. Got it?"

ProfessorM
2010-12-03, 11:05 AM
"Alright. But one more thing. If you run away while I'm gone, the deal's off, and I'll provide an exact description of you to the authorities. So behave yourself, or else. Got it?"

He nods. "I swear I won't try and get away. I'll see if I can convince my men to join forces with you, even, as proof of my loyalty."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-03, 11:55 AM
"Excellent. I'll even see about our would-be king knighting you once this is all over."

She slowly begins to untie Happs, wary should he be deciding to turn on her.

ProfessorM
2010-12-03, 01:42 PM
The bandit leader stands up, buckling up his pants and rubbing his wrists. Regaining a measure of his former confidence, he steps to the door of the stable and calls out. "All right men, quick ****ing with our captors. The gig is up. It's either cooperate or hang from Oleg's signpost outside, and I, for one, don't intend to die quite yet. These guys mean business."

The two captive bandits look at him uncertainly, but Happs just shrugs and folds his arms. Seeing that hes serious, they all droop and stop furtively testing their bonds. Happs cracks his neck, eyes hooded. "Its too bad about Jenks, Henderson, and Lee, but this is a dangerous life we live and they knew the risks. Spencer, you've got some sense, and Laurent even if you don't, just listen to me. It might be distasteful, but it tastes better than a sword to the face."

The two men nod in agreement, Laurent's laughter dieing in his throat.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-03, 02:43 PM
"Good choice," Elsbeth says, putting an arm around Happs' shoulder.

"Now here's our terms. You're gonna do some community service by protecting Oleg's while we're out exploring the Greenbelt, at least until reinforcements arrive from Brevoy. You behave yourselves, you'll all get full pardons and be free to go your separate ways should you choose, or stick around and enjoy the benefits of getting in on the ground floor of a brand new kingdom. Who knows? Maybe we'll even manage to get you boys knighted!"

Another Diplomacy check:

[roll0]

dathom
2010-12-04, 04:48 AM
Seeing Elsbeth come out with the bandit leader, Lukasz's mouth nearly drops at Happ's speech to his men. I'm not sure what Elsbeth says, but I don't like it at all.

Heading over to Elbeth, he whispers to her, "I see what you are trying to do and it is commendable, but I don't trust these brigands to be staying with Oleg and his wife, especially after what they threatened to do."

ProfessorM
2010-12-04, 08:41 AM
Happs looks incredulously at the man who walks over and tries to whisper to Elsbeth when she's got an arm around Happ's shoulder. "You know that I can hear you, right? Sir, you don't have to worry. Even if I gut Oleg as soon as you're out of sight, you've got my name and face, and Restov is only 3 days ride away. I'd spend the rest of my life in hiding, looking over my shoulder -- believe me, Elsbeth's deal is a lot better for us."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-04, 01:14 PM
"Especially since he knows there'll be a big reward if he behaves himself while I'm gone. Isn't that right, pumpkin?"

She pecks Happs on the cheek.

dathom
2010-12-04, 04:35 PM
Glaring at Happs, Lukasz returns with, "And you haven't done enough to deserve trust or respect, especially not enough to to let you stay here, unguarded." Then, spinning on his heel, he heads over to Oleg, to discuss Happs' and the other bandits detainment here.

"Oleg, I am sorry to place you in this situation, but it seems that the bandits have agreed to be prisoners. As such, I was wondering if there was someplace we could hold them. At least until reinforcements arrive from Brevoy, if they arrive."

ProfessorM
2010-12-04, 05:03 PM
Oleg looks up from the kitchen, where a half-full bottle of spirits rests next to the hatchet he used to kill Henderson. "Eh? You got those animals to cooperate?" He shakes his head in disbelief. "Well, if they're stupid enough to hang around until reinforcements arrive from Restov, I'm not about to stop them." He smiles a hard smile. "I'll tell the soldiers to execute the whole lot as soon as they arrive!" Motioning for Lukasz to sit down, he grabs a second glass and pours a liberal amount for himself and his guest. "As for where we can keep them, I've just the place. Those middens out back are deep enough to hold a person securely, and we just happen to have three of them. Fit for trash, eh?" He laughs and raises his glass. "To our victory here this day! No more 'taxes'!"

Starbuck_II
2010-12-04, 08:26 PM
Oleg, I know they have mistreated you and your wife, but execution?

Wouldn't it be better to have them work off their misdeeds? You need the help guarding this place and they need to pay of their debt to society. Seems like a good match to me. At least consider it.

Syonac sighs and wonders can we trust them?

So think we will be ready to fight this lady at Thorn River in a day or so? Still need to make sure The Doctor is fine.

dathom
2010-12-04, 10:02 PM
Sitting down with Oleg and taking the glass offered him, he cheers before taking a sip of the strong fluid. Then, setting the glass on the table, he says, "I have to agree with Syonac. I am loath to admit it, but they did surrender and I am honor bound to keep them until they can be taken in and prosecuted." Then, turning to Syonac, the Paladin of Erastil says, "But at the same time, in no way am I gonna leave them to 'guard' this place. They aren't to be trusted until they have rightfully earned that trust." Taking another sip of the liquor, Lukasz continues with, "Elsbeth's apparent goal is honorable, but also impractical. There must be a middle ground that can be found to solve this dilemma."

With that, he downs the liquid with a grimace before placing the cup on the table and nodding his thanks to Oleg. Then, returning to where Elsbeth was standing with the bandits, Lukasz says, "Elsbeth's idea is commendable. But I will not allow you men to watch over the Outpost and possibly leave Oleg and Svetlana exposed to whatever ideas you may have. As such, if you are to stay here, it must be under lock and key unless one of us is around to watch you. We will have to stick around while our friend rests and recovers anyways, so confinement should be minimal. Moreover, if it comes time for us to leave, and no reinforcements come before we do, you will be confined. Oleg and Svetlana have enough to worry about without having to concern themselves with watching over you three. If you don't like these terms then you are free to dispute them, just remember that we are contracted to put to noose or sword ANY bandits who can not reform." Lukasz will wait then for the bandits' acceptance or refusal of his terms.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-05, 02:13 AM
Elsbeth pouts as Lukasz delivers his ultimatum.

"But Happs knows that if he doesn't behave himself while I'm gone, he doesn't get any sugar from me."

She then tells Happs to think about the deal for a moment and pulls Lukasz aside, speaking in a whisper.

"I know how men like Happs operate. Keep him fed and give him a good tumble every now and again and he's harmless. I've got him wrapped around my finger now, and I don't want to spoil it by having him treated like an animal. 'Sides, I heard those two laughing at you all out there. I think my negotiation skills are a bit better than yours."

She sounds serious, and while there is a bit of a condescending tone, it's more sincere than mocking.

dathom
2010-12-05, 07:31 PM
Letting Elsbeth speak her piece, Lukasz calmly listens before saying, "I don't argue that your way of doing things can be effective at times. But the charter is clear. If they can't reform, then they aren't to live. These men have learned to survive by taking that which doesn't belong to them and while your method may see them behave themselves for the moment, they need to learn that there is a different way of doing things. I don't care if they laugh at the way I do things, I will not let them stay here unguarded unless they can first prove to not only me, but to themselves that they don't have to live like bandits in order to live like men."

Then, stepping away from Elsbeth, he will walk back to the group of bandits as he says, "I am not here to play judge, jury and executioner. But we both find ourselves in a predicament. I don't want to have to kill you and you don't want to die. So, I urge you to take our deal. Earn our trust by first staying as our prisoners. Once you have proven yourselves to be men of character. Then you will be granted the freedom to do as you see fit. Deal?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-05, 09:41 PM
Elsbeth steps in, watching Lukasz's speech and realizing they'd never listen to someone who talked to them like an authority.

"He really means business boys. Really, what was banditry doing for you? Always needing to look out for lawmen at every turn, not being able to just walk into the tavern and order a pint, never able to find a woman who wouldn't threaten to knife you for just talkin' to you? Doesn't sound like much fun. If you can prove to my partners that you're better than those turkeys you left back at camp, it'll open up a whole world of possibilities for you!"

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-12-06, 09:29 AM
Shifting slightly in his bonds, the long-haired man Happs had called Spencer squints up Lukasz from his awkward cross-legged position on the ground. "Yeah, well, we're gonna agree to whatever you might ask us. We're tied up and under your power, so its no use trying to sugercoat our situation. Like Happs said, anything is better than the cold grip of Pharasma untimely around my neck. If you want to dress it up all sorts of fancy words like 'redemption' and 'men of character', well, you're the one with the bow and the ropes. Knock yourself out."

He turns his attention to Elsbeth. "We each got a reason for what we do, and for some, it's because stealin' is easier than earning an 'honest living', as your friend so incessantly puts it. For some, the reasons be different, and ye don't know a man's story and ye don't seem to care. I gave up on the working life years ago, but maybe you're right." He taps cracked teeth with a ragged fingernail. "Perhaps a second chance at it is in order -- Gorum knowns I'm tired of freezing cold nights and unpredictable meals."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-06, 11:19 AM
"That's the spirit! Goin' straight's a lot easier than the bandit's life. Sure, you'd need to find work, but there's a lot of easy jobs out there. I remember when I lived in the woods on my own. Once I saw how much more comfortable and easy life in the city was, I got myself civilized in a heartbeat. Plus, I quickly found that I found no shortage of willing men...and women, to satisfy my desires, whereas in the woods I was lucky to find the occasional lost hunter, who generally thought I was some kind of disguised hag or fey creature."

ProfessorM
2010-12-06, 02:10 PM
"That's the spirit! Goin' straight's a lot easier than the bandit's life. Sure, you'd need to find work, but there's a lot of easy jobs out there. I remember when I lived in the woods on my own. Once I saw how much more comfortable and easy life in the city was, I got myself civilized in a heartbeat. Plus, I quickly found that I found no shortage of willing men...and women, to satisfy my desires, whereas in the woods I was lucky to find the occasional lost hunter, who generally thought I was some kind of disguised hag or fey creature."

The three bandits looks somewhat nonplussed at this little aside.

Somewhat surprising everyone, Triumph comes out of Oleg and Svetlana's quarters, talking amicably with Svetlana, who trails behind him with a basket of fresh fruit.

Tyrael
2010-12-06, 04:31 PM
Dimly, Dr. Atrus regains consciousness, sitting slumped against the wall, his robe still stained with blood. Groaning, the man's breath hisses harshly through his mask as he levers himself to his feet tentatively with trembling legs.

The bandaged man staggers over to the rest of the group weakly and rasps, "W-what....KAFF....what happened...?"

Starbuck_II
2010-12-06, 05:10 PM
"Ahhh, The Doctor has become a zombie!" Syonac freaks out screaming with arms waving in the air.

Noticing Doctor isn't saying brains: I mean, hello. We were just talking the bandits down. They are thinking of switching sides maybe. Surprisingly, once you went down they surrendered soon after. The fight before they did was incredible: you should have been there...well awake I mean.

Syonac says laugh boldly.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-06, 06:23 PM
The three bandits looks somewhat nonplussed at this little aside.

Somewhat surprising everyone, Triumph comes out of Oleg and Svetlana's quarters, talking amicably with Svetlana, who trails behind him with a basket of fresh fruit.

"What? Are you stunned that I've got such a lust for life or that I managed to find so many people willing to bed me? I was a Calistrian temple prostitute. I got to know all kinds of people among the faithful."

She notices what Svetlana's carrying.

"Ooh, fruit basket?! How sweet!"

ProfessorM
2010-12-08, 08:47 AM
Svetlana smiles sweetly and offers the fruit. "Thank you so much for your help -- Oleg might not seem grateful, but he's just an old grouch, and too shy to thank you properly. Here, eat these and patch yourselves up with these." Tucked in among the fruit are two vials of milky liquid. "Its all we've got right now, but Oleg can get more stock if you obtain more things you'd like to sell."

The potions are Cure Light Wounds. Oleg will buy whatever you loot off the bodies at 50% market, but he has limited funds at the moment. Oleg's entire stock consists of a suit of leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a scythe, two spears, a potion of shield of faith +2, two vials of antitoxin, six torches, two weeks of trail rations, a number of animal furs worth a total of 120 gp, and a chest containing 1,080 cp, 577 sp, and 140 gp. He also keeps a number of things in his storeroom, including two barrels of drinking water, a half-full barrel of lantern oil, three common lamps, a dozen candles, a week’s worth of firewood, a hooded lantern, 70 feet of hemp rope, a tent, and enough food (mostly cheese, hard bread, and dried venison) to last for 2 weeks.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-08, 11:54 AM
"Shy? My dear Svetlana, your Oleg fought like a mountain lion in the battle, and even saved my life! You're very lucky to have such a brave and noble husband."

She starts picking fruit out of the basket and munching on it. If no one insists on sharing she eats everything in the basket besides the healing potions, and in a move that startles everyone, begins chewing on the basket itself.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-08, 11:55 AM
Thank you Svetlana, I appreciate this.

Said Syonac after taking the vial and putting in his pocket.

ProfessorM
2010-12-09, 10:14 PM
Oleg comes out of the house, bringing the bottle of spirits with him. "Well, ye can chuck those animals into the midden pits out back until the garrison from Restov arrives. You have my thanks, and y'are free to stay here as long as you like, free of charge. My home is as much yours, now." He frowns. "Them bandits ain't done yet, though. I'm afraid of what they'll do if this group doesn't come back without their 'taxes'." He sees Elsbeth chewing on the basket. "Er, are you all right, Miss? Did they get ye on the head?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-09, 10:24 PM
"Oh, I'm fine. I just wanted to see how the basket tastes. I've got a spirit living in my stomach that's always on the lookout for new experiences, and we've never tasted a basket before," she replies nonchalantly.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-10, 08:51 AM
Syonac thinking to himself outloud:
I think we should either rest and go early tomorrow for the bandits or go tonight. We may be lower on magic if we go tonight but the other bandits will be les likely to expect us.
I was hoping to get a few berries...

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-10, 09:16 AM
Elsbeth hands the slightly chewed basket back to Svetlana, deciding it didn't taste very nutritious.

"Mmmmm, berries! I think that's a splendid idea."

ProfessorM
2010-12-10, 10:01 AM
With a clatter of hooves, Triumph bursts out of the stable on his warhorse and rides toward the entrance. He pulls a quick circle at the gate to wave a jaunty farewell before turning to the west and spurring his mount to a gallop. The sound of his hoofbeats swiftly fades.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-10, 10:16 AM
"Where in the Hells is he going?!"

ProfessorM
2010-12-10, 11:49 AM
Svetlana looks at you with surprise. "Didn't he say anything to you? I mentioned that the ruins of Chordille keep are a few days ride away to the west, and he got all excited and started asking lots of questions. I thought maybe it was something he was looking for, but you say that he never talked about it before? Huh. He said something about it being the location of Dragon's Delve, whatever that is."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-10, 12:17 PM
"There's no way we're tough enough to take on dragons in this state, and even though he's fresh from being the big damn hero fighting off the big mean bandits, he's nowhere near ready to be galivanting off in the Stolen Lands on his own!"

ProfessorM
2010-12-10, 12:28 PM
"Damn fool, thats what he is! Ye're not done with the business here at hand, and he's already off on some fool dungeon delve?" Oleg transfer his glare to the adventurers. "I hope you don't have it in yer heads to go after him! If you do, we'll be burned to the ground by the time you get back!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-10, 12:30 PM
"I'm inclined to agree with you, Oleg, especially since he just rode off by himself for no apparent reason. All in favor of staying to keep an eye on things here and hoping our fearless leader comes limping back tommorow more amenable to wisdom?"

Tyrael
2010-12-13, 02:52 PM
"That's...oog...that's fine with me," Doctor Atrus groans.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-13, 03:33 PM
Elsbeth notices the doctor, almost forgetting about him.

"Oh, yeah, we probably want to wait until our alchemist is back on his feet too," she adds sheepishly.

ProfessorM
2010-12-14, 11:43 AM
Svetlana puts her hand on Oleg's shoulder. "You are welcome to stay here as long as you would like, and certainly until your friend here is rested. I'm sure you'll be able to preserve the element of surprise even if you wait a few days."

[I'm going to assume that you spend the night. In that case, you all heal as normal. The bandits spend the night in the midden pits, one per pit, with hands and feet bound.]

Dawn breaks chilly on the holding, though the simple guest rooms that you spend the night in remain snug. When you rise and venture out into the cold morning air, you find that Oleg is already gone, out cutting firewood. Svetlana is in her customary place, baking a batch of delicious-smelling bread. She greets you warmly and informs you that breakfast will be ready in about a half hour.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-14, 01:34 PM
Elsbeth looks to see if Triumph has returned, then she goes and checks on Happs.

ProfessorM
2010-12-14, 01:41 PM
Elsbeth looks to see if Triumph has returned, then she goes and checks on Happs.

No sign of the erstwhile cavalier. Happs is asleep on the trash heap, wrapped in a blanket that you're sure Oleg didn't give him.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-14, 01:46 PM
She smiles, but leaves him be for now, then goes to seek out the others.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-14, 04:07 PM
Well, he didn't return? Guess we should attack the bandits without him, it might be harder but we don't want to lose too much time before striking if we want to get the bandits off guard. Is everyone ready?
Syonac said with a pause.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-14, 05:17 PM
"After breakfast," Elsbeth replies. Her stomach gurgles incredibly loudly, as if to punctuate what she said.

ProfessorM
2010-12-14, 08:10 PM
Svetlana begins to move to and fro from the kitchen to the guest quarters, carrying covered platters of delicious-smelling goodies.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-14, 08:11 PM
Elsbeth's face lights up.

"I could eat your cooking forever, Svetlana!"

ProfessorM
2010-12-14, 08:48 PM
Elsbeth's face lights up.

"I could eat your cooking forever, Svetlana!"

Blushing prettily, the frontierswoman gives you a dazzling smile and then waves with her free arm. "Come on then, everyone, lets eat!"

Inside the guest house a series of trays are set out a low table. The spread consists of hotcakes, oatmeal, fresh-baked bread, sliced apples, heated spiced wine, mead, fruit and nuts and heated honey for toppings, and a humongous 24 egg omelet. "Please, don't stand on ceremony, serve yourselves." Svetlana follows her own advice and takes a generous portion of everything except the eggs.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-14, 09:27 PM
Don't need to tell me twice. Syonac says as he grabs a plate a fill it with a little bit ofeverything.

"Well, guess we can't fight on an empty stomache."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-14, 09:31 PM
Elsbeth stacks her plate high with every dish offered, but is polite enough to leave plenty for everyone else. Once she's seated, she begins devouring the breakfast like a bear getting ready for the winter.

dathom
2010-12-15, 01:36 AM
Lukasz relaxes slightly at hearing the bandits' grudged agreement and smiles as hearing breakfast was to be served. However, before he could let Elsbeth move to eat, he says, "As much as I would like to eat, we still need to take care of our new 'guests'." Motioning to the arrow shaft sticking out of one of the bound bandits he continues, "I'm good at putting arrows in things, but I need work on getting them out without doing more harm. Would you look at the wound and see what you can do?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-15, 11:44 AM
Lukasz relaxes slightly at hearing the bandits' grudged agreement and smiles as hearing breakfast was to be served. However, before he could let Elsbeth move to eat, he says, "As much as I would like to eat, we still need to take care of our new 'guests'." Motioning to the arrow shaft sticking out of one of the bound bandits he continues, "I'm good at putting arrows in things, but I need work on getting them out without doing more harm. Would you look at the wound and see what you can do?"
Elsbeth's expression sours when Lukasz interrupts her, but she agrees to take a look at the injury. She attempts the same treatment she did on the Doc, taking the arrow out and then making a crude poultice with some cloth from her cloak, herbs from her bags, and spit.

Heal check: [roll0]

ProfessorM
2010-12-15, 11:52 AM
Sitting awkwardly in their new workman's clothes (Svetlana took the old ones to wash last night), the other bandits watch Elsbeth work on their wounded comrade. The sight of blood obviously hasn't put them off their appetite, though, because they keep glancing longingly back towards the food.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-15, 11:59 AM
"I'll bring you boys some breakfast if you behave."

How's the injury?

ProfessorM
2010-12-15, 12:09 PM
"I'll bring you boys some breakfast if you behave."

How's the injury?

Though it worked amazingly well last time, the current spit-poultice doesn't seem to be cutting it.

DC for Treat Deadly Wounds is 20, and you can try once/day up until 24 hours after the injury, so you can't attempt again. He's stuck healing magically or naturally, or until someone else gives it a shot. Plus you need a healing kit, and every attempt uses up 2 doses.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-15, 12:11 PM
Elsbeth sighs. At least the arrow was out though. She calls Lukasz over.

"You're a holy man, right? Can you call on Ol' Deadeye to fix this guy's wound so he doesn't bleed out?"

Tyrael
2010-12-15, 03:08 PM
The frail Doctor sighs as he picks over his food, his appetite not really in the meal. "I'm afraid I...." he wheezes wearily without the aid of his breath mask. "..don't know if I will be able to... aid you greatly in your endeavor ahead. My body... is not what it used to be, and I... fear that my frailty will not only bring considerable...pain and hardship upon myself, but....slow your mission down as well. I do not wish to be a drain upon...our resources....unnecessarily..."

Atrus doubles over with a retching cough, his hands trembling.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-15, 06:25 PM
The frail Doctor sighs as he picks over his food, his appetite not really in the meal. "I'm afraid I...." he wheezes wearily without the aid of his breath mask. "..don't know if I will be able to... aid you greatly in your endeavor ahead. My body... is not what it used to be, and I... fear that my frailty will not only bring considerable...pain and hardship upon myself, but....slow your mission down as well. I do not wish to be a drain upon...our resources....unnecessarily..."

Atrus doubles over with a retching cough, his hands trembling.

Nonsense, we never leave a man behind. We are all cogs in the great machine of adventure. Syonac said with a nod.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-15, 06:47 PM
"Frankly, I'm inclined to agree with him, Syonac," Elsbeth replies.

"The man's practically a skeleton, and you saw how bad that single arrow was for him yesterday. He nearly died! Someone as fragile as him is better off staying behind where he can do more good by having things like potions and stuff ready for our return."

dathom
2010-12-15, 10:18 PM
Looking at the wound, Lukasz's frown returns as he says, "Unfortunately, I haven't been yet given the abilities to bestow healing by Erastil as of yet. I guess we will simply have to do our best to make the man comfortable and hope for the best. Unless his mates can do something about his condition." With that, he will help the man to get comfortable before heading over to get some food.

Upon hearing the Doctor's words, Lukasz says, "Old Deadeye teaches that every man has their part to play. And while yours indeed might be better served staying within the safety of these walls, it is ultimately up to you to decide who hard you are willing to fight and suffer to do what you feel you must."

ProfessorM
2010-12-17, 09:58 AM
Oleg and Svetlana look at the alchemist with concern. Oleg speaks first. "Yes, perhaps it would be for the best if you stayed here, at least for the time being. You DID take an arrow that could have been my death, and nearly was yours -- you're welcome to stay here as long as you want to."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-21, 05:27 PM
Seeing how the others were obviously finished, Elsbeth returned to her plate and started gobbling it down. Though she waits to make sure everyone gets some breakfast, she polishes off the rest of what Svetlana has prepared. She wipes her mouth and smiles as she stifles a hiccup.

ProfessorM
2010-12-21, 06:01 PM
Oleg pushes back his chair. "Welp, I'll leave you people to your planning. If you need me I'll be up working on the stable roof." Svetlana gathers the breakfast dishes up and gives you all a smile before heading out as well, presumably to take care of whatever needs to be done.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-21, 06:03 PM
Elsbeth turns to her companions.

"So. What now?"

dathom
2010-12-22, 01:28 AM
Having polished off his own meal, Lukasz answers Elsbeth's question with, "Well, we still have the bandit camp to worry about and the good Doctor still needs to recover, unless he has decided not to join us. Either way though, we need to get provisions ready for a trek into the woods and if you could find out more about the bandit camp, that would make the task at hand much easier."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-22, 01:45 AM
Elsbeth's face lights up, and she leaves for the middens.

"Happs, sweetie! Your mistress has something to ask you!" she coos

ProfessorM
2010-12-22, 04:01 PM
Happs perks up when he hears you coming. "Ah! Elsbeth! Any chance of getting out of this ****pit yet?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-23, 12:55 AM
"Unfortunately that won't really happen until Oleg trusts you more. But, I'm here to make it a little better, provided you tell me as much as you can about Kressle's bandit camp."

ProfessorM
2010-12-23, 03:31 PM
"Weeell, there be not much to tell. The camp is down on a shallower part of the Thorn River. Usually there'll be 6 or so men around camp, plus Kressle. That is, unless we're expecting trouble, then we can bring in up to 12. Kressle keeps two lookouts up in treestands on either side of the road that goes along by the camp, each with a thunderstone to raise the alarm. I can draw ye a map of the camp, if ye like, but that's really all there is to know."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-23, 07:59 PM
"What'cha know about Kressle, besides that she's good in the sack?"

Starbuck_II
2010-12-23, 08:37 PM
Is Kressle a good warrior?

ProfessorM
2010-12-24, 12:57 AM
Is Kressle a good warrior?

"That she is. Wields a really sharp hatchet in each hand, easy like, and is a fair shot with a thrown knife. She's gotten real good at takin' apart human caravans - say's they're her favored enemy. I think she works for another bandit further south, but I ain't ever seen the man and we're left pretty much to ourselves."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-24, 01:58 AM
"Syonac, when did you get here?"

Rhyvurg
2010-12-24, 02:07 AM
*Clop, clop, clop, clop*

A horse casually walks through the front gate, a rider on it's back. The sun at his back casts a long shadow, stretching all the way to the tavern door. The rider is a young man with a weather-lined face, short hair that looks like it was cut with a knife, and two scars. One is a line that follows his jawline from ear to chin, and the other goes down from his forehead, past his eye, and down onto his cheek, giving him a slight partial squint that makes him look slightly irritated at all times. His scale armor looks well cared for, if perhaps a little battered. A sheathed sword hangs from his saddle, a simple but well-made tool of slaughter three and a half feet long, with a foot-long hilt and wide crossguard. A pack is tied to the saddle behind him, along with a bedroll.

He guides his mount lazily through the gate, his gaze sweeping over the people inside. He ignores the first person to approach him, riding around in a circle inside the palisade, looking things over. He notes the blood in the dirt, and graces the dead bandits with his passing attention. He works his way around to the middens and dismounts, noting the gathering. Even off his horse he easily towers over everyone present, even the paladin. He hooks his thumbs in his belt, his muscular frame straining at the straps of his armor. He looks at the people around the middens, then at the men in the pits.

"I'm going t' give y'all the benefit of the doubt that those fellows did somethin' to deserve being where they are. That being said, y'all are talking to em for somethin' important. It don't take much brains to figure this has something to do with those dead folks and that blood out front, and this lady don't look like she's been out banditing in the woods."

He nods towards Elsbeth.

"That makes them folks in the hole the outlaws here. And as such, the important thing y'all are discussing has something to do with their banditry. So, going by the letter of this here charter I was given, it falls on me to settle the bandits hereabouts to the best of my ability."

He grabs Happs up out of the pit, giving him a good shaking to loosen his teeth.

"I'm going to explain a few things to you. Firstly, I am a very humorless fellow and will tolerate no foolishness, especially from a man I pulled from a crap pit. Secondly, I am a follower of Gorum, who's life I help sustain with every swing of my sword, and performing such a service to him is of much greater importance to me than whether or not you keep breathing. Thirdly, I have been riding for a very long time and could use a beer, and every second you make me stand here and wring answerers out of you is another second I must wait for that beer, something that puts me in a very foul temper."

Starbuck_II
2010-12-24, 01:05 PM
"Syonac, when did you get here?"

I am always around like my god Cayden Cailean. Really I heard you two squaking and thought I'd ask my own question to be honest.
*watches the large man approach and speak*
Um, hey, name's Syonac, I reckon you might want to be updated on current events. These are our prisoners/parolees on good deeds, surrendered to us. Due to trust issues, we keeping them watched till they prove they want to make good.
So big man, you a good warrior?

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-24, 01:40 PM
"Obviously he is, look at his muscles and how he talks about Gorum! No one talks about Gorum unless battle's their business." Elsbeth hisses.

"Hey!" she barks at the newcomer. "Put my boy toy down! He was already cooperating before you rode in and started threatening him!"

Rhyvurg
2010-12-24, 08:25 PM
He turns to face Elsbeth, still holding Happs by the collar.

"I apologize ma'am, but I was unaware he belonged to you."

He looks at Syronac.

"I hold my own."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-24, 09:02 PM
"Yeah, I'm his mistress. He knows that if he were to misbehave...I will get angry at him. And when I get angry, I can crush quite a few things."

Rhyvurg
2010-12-24, 09:15 PM
"Then I will leave him to you."

He drops him.

dathom
2010-12-26, 11:01 PM
Listening to the man's words, Lukasz says, "None of these men belong to anyone but themselves. However, Syonac is correct in that they are being detained and watched to make sure that they are being helpful. Since you have a charter like the ones each of us hold, then I guess we'll be working together. I am Lukasz, faithful of Old Deadeye. What is your name?"

Rhyvurg
2010-12-26, 11:37 PM
"I beg your pardon sir, I didn't know there were other folks with charters hereabouts. Name's Daeron."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-27, 11:53 AM
"I've got a charter too. I'm Elsbeth, Scion of the Ever-Empty, Witch of the Grozni Forest, Former Temple Prostitute of the Savored Sting and Seeker of Fantastical Experiences at your service."

ProfessorM
2010-12-29, 07:28 PM
Happs rubs his neck. "By all that is holy, y'all sure are a tempermential lot."

Rhyvurg
2010-12-29, 08:35 PM
"So, tell me everything he told y'all."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-30, 12:22 AM
"His boss is camped with about six men or so down by the Thorn River, and they're likely working for some bigger bandit."

Rhyvurg
2010-12-30, 01:21 AM
"Thank you kindly miss."

He turns back towards his horse.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-30, 01:23 AM
"Hang on! Don't think you're leavin' without the rest of us! We're charter bearers too, and I wanna eviscerate this Kressle lady so I have Happs all to myself."

Rhyvurg
2010-12-30, 01:25 AM
"Begging your pardon Miss, but you don't look much suited for a tumble."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-30, 01:28 AM
"Weren't you listening to me you lug? I'm a witch! I command the power of the mysterious eldritch being that resides in my stomach."

Her stomach gurgles, almost in response.

Rhyvurg
2010-12-30, 01:33 AM
"And I'm a fighter, I kill people and break their s***."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-30, 01:43 AM
"That's no excuse to leave me behind. I didn't take this charter to sit idly at this trading post while guys like you galivant off having all the fun. Lemme get Rockback and my horse and I'll be ready to go!"

She rushes off to fetch the animals.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-30, 11:02 AM
I'll need to borrow a horse, luckily the bandits left a few.
Syonac said to remind them he is going.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-12-30, 03:11 PM
Elsbeth returns astride her horse, the toad Rockback bouncing in her cleavage once again.

dathom
2010-12-30, 11:02 PM
"Enough!" Lukasz exclaims in response to the bickering. Then, turning to the newcomer, Lukasz says, "I can see that you are eager to go and face the bandits, but going on your own will just get yourself killed." Taking out his copy of the charter, Lukasz continues with, "Whether you think Elsbeth is fit for a 'tumble' or not is besides the point. The same people that granted your charter however, granted one to all of us and I have seen first hand that Elsbeth can take care of herself. So we'll do this together."

Rhyvurg
2011-01-04, 09:03 PM
"So, should we bring him along as a guide, or try to find them ourselves?" Daeron mounts up, adjusting his sword on his back.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-01-05, 12:56 AM
"Oleg demanded that the bandits remain in his custody until reinforcements from Restov arrive. We'll be able to find the camp well enough with Happs' directions."

ProfessorM
2011-01-09, 12:45 PM
Oleg walks around the edge of the stable, hammer in hand. "So! I hear ye are setting off, and good thing for it too. I promise not to do anything nasty to these scum while ye're gone, per yer request. Come back quick after ye finish off the camp and let us know - it'll be a load off Svetlana's mind not to be watching fer burning rooftops all night."

Rhyvurg
2011-01-09, 01:39 PM
"We shouldn't be to long." Daeron spurs his mount out of he gate.

dathom
2011-01-09, 08:15 PM
Securing his quiver of arrows to the saddle of one of the horses, a strong black and white mare by the looks of her, Lukasz dexterously mounts the horse, giving her a reassured pat on the neck before nodding to Oleg's words, "Keep the gates closed Oleg, but other than that, just keep an eye for our return on the horizon." With that, he nickers, and the procured horse heads out of the gates.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-01-09, 09:26 PM
"INTO THE GREENBELT WE GO! HYAH!"

Elsbeth spurs her horse and follows whoever's in front, Rockback letting out a mournful croak as he bounces up and down in his owner's bodice.

Starbuck_II
2011-01-10, 05:00 PM
Syonac gets on a horse and follows the others. Well, better than walking he thought.

ProfessorM
2011-01-18, 11:56 AM
Setting out from Oleg's, you ride south for about three hours before you encounter the edge of the forest that the Greenbelt is famous for. Huge hardwoods stand at the edge of the plain, plunging the party into dappled shade in a change from the plains sunlight so intense its like being splashed with cold water. Continuing on for another two or so hours of riding, Syonac notices something ahead through the brush. After a moment the rest of the party sees it as well: a number of small, reptilian creatures in a clearing about 100 feet ahead. Six of these quasi-draconic, quasi-lupine figures lie on their backs in the clearing surrounded by mostly empty baskets of some kind of vegetable - it's hard to tell exactly what from this distance. Some of them clutch their stomaches in apparent distress. They don't seem to have noticed you.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-01-18, 12:04 PM
Elsbeth snickers.

"Looks like someone's got a tummy ache."

Starbuck_II
2011-01-23, 08:29 PM
Should we attack or parley?
Syonac wasn't sure if they should attack in case they were violent.

Rhyvurg
2011-01-24, 12:09 AM
Daeron dismounts and draws his sword. "We attack."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-01-25, 10:09 AM
Elsbeth dismounts as well.

"Lead the way."

Starbuck_II
2011-02-16, 10:02 AM
Syonac rushes forth, cross pointed behind one of the kobolds.
"surrender or die" in common (forgetting if they speak it).

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-02-16, 02:17 PM
"WHAT HE SAID!" Elsbeth bellows.