PDA

View Full Version : [DC] Duncton's Children: OOC

T.H. Everything
2010-10-20, 04:08 PM
Hi. This is the OOC thread for 'Duncton's Children', my Duncton Wood-based RP. I'm putting up a thread because it will get more attention that way. On the other hand, if it doesn't, then this thread will just wither and die.

Any questions on the setting will be answered here, also.

T.H. Everything
2010-10-20, 06:27 PM
What is Duncton Wood?

Duncton Wood is a fantasy novel by William Horwood. Set in the countryside of Britain, its focus is upon moles. With the exception of a few quirks, such as a written language, these moles are more or less the same as their real-life counterparts. The Moles also have a detailed belief system: they worship the Stone, a mystical force manifested through Britain's standing stones.

What is the setting of this RP?

This RP runs concurrently with the second and third books in the trilogy; Duncton Quest and Duncton Found. In these books, the systems of the Stone have been invaded by the grikes, a tribe of warlike moles from the far north who worship the Word, an opposing belief system. After an initial bloody rampage south, the grikes settle down to occupy the systems, crushing all rebellion.
The worst hit of these systems is Duncton. After an attack by the grikes, its moles, led by Tryfan, son of Bracken and Rebecca, flee into other systems. Now, it is used as a prison for diseased moles.

How should my character be presented?

The following format is preferred:

Name:
Home System: (If you have access to the books, pull a system from there. Otherwise, use the name of some rural area.)
Allegiance: (Stone or Word)
Description: (Unless they have some notable feature, physical description isn't important. Use this to describe your character's personality, quirks, history, etc.)

Just ask in this thread if you have any questions.

Enjoy playing!

Maxios
2010-10-22, 12:23 PM
This looks interesting...

T.H. Everything
2010-10-23, 05:35 AM
Thanks.
The actual role-playing won't start until we've got a few more players, so, until then...any questions?