PDA

View Full Version : Help With Custom Maigcal Weapon's [3.5]

Demons_eye
2010-10-20, 05:21 PM
The main plot of the story is that the PC's are the reincarnations of old kings that stopped that first war of the gods. Now as two are new players I thought I would make the game a little more cooler by giving them each a magical weapon based on their former life. These would grow in time with the wielder until the weapons where about the same during the first war of the gods.

Now the problems turned out that I can't think of them that well. I wanted them to gain a neat ability every level but I am having trouble thinking ahead. So I thought I would ask the playground for help.

Throth- Incarnate of Gar of the desert, lord of the sand, and King of the Djinni. Founder of waste magic.

This player is like the sand, ever changing. First he was a thri-kreen with four great scimitars. Then he became half orge with two great scimitars, now he tells me hes going with a lance. I am fine with him changing if he doesn't like his character, I can deal with that, but its harder to make his weapon cool if he can't keep it straight for one week. He wants to go Worm Rider on me which is fine.

Right now hes a Paladin//Swordsage who favors the lance.

What it did: Became a sand like whip with 20 foot ranged touch attack.
Gain the keen enchantment.

Thoughts: Let it count as any type of weapon for DR.
Let him use Sand form at will later.
Sand Blasts.
Summon Desert Creature/Djinni

Ajax- Incarnate of Tananus of the waves, master of all waters, and keeper of the leviathan. Created the first underwater city and people.

Lest problem player, most layed back of them all. He has been cool with what ever hes gotten so far. Really not the most damage dealer but the most reliable and hes a barbarian who has not even used rage yet. Likes to use Throw anything when hes not using trident

Barbarian//Cleric who favors a trident

What it does now: When thrown it turns to mist and returns in his hand. Also he can throw it 10ft per strength modifier.
Turns into mist to absorb fire attacks but shrinks one size category .
Absorbs lighting damage to increase in size one category.

Thoughts: Summons sea monsters/aquatic animals.
Use lighting based attacks
Summon Storms
Control Weather
Use Ice attacks

Shaun- Incarnate of Najeak of the wing, ruler of colors and metals alike, King of the Dragons. Only creator of Dragon Orbs.

The newest and more eager player. Starts most of the trouble the party gets into at lest so far. Was a Artificer//Rogue but switched it Sorcerer//Rogue.

Sorcerer//Rogue favoring heavy crossbow.

What it does now: Shoots spells out of his bow akin to the duskblade class feature.
Shoot Elemental damage with an effect at the cost of a spell.
Use bayonet on the end to energy attacks.

Thoughts: Summon dragons.
Use certain dragons breath abilities
Shape shift into a dragon.

I am really at a lost for what to do for Ajaxs and Shaun. Throth less so because I know him the best and I have Sandstorm.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-10-20, 07:09 PM
This might fit better in homebrew, but I have some ideas for Ajax and Shaun.

For Ajax, I don't know what it would do, but his trident later on, instead of becoming mist, could take on other forms of water; liquid, and ice. Attacking while the trident is in "water form" would probably give bonuses against things with "tougher" forms. Like golems or earth elementals, they are relatively solid, so the water would find ways into their weak points, maybe ignoring natural armor and capable of doing critical hits (probably this abilities granted at separate levels). I would say it does slashing damage like this, just for flavor.

As for Shaun's crossbow, I thought of three abilities. Chromatic Bolt, which fires a bolt that deals normal bolt damage, 5 times, each in a different element of breath attack from the chromatic dragons (so 1d10 fire, 1d10 cold, 1d10 electric, 1d10 acid, then a burst of gas that deals 1d10 damage to the target, and everyone within five feet.) Similarly, a Metallic Bolt, which would take the metallic dragon's secondary breath attacks all applied at once, might be a little trickier one. Then after that, I would suggest giving him the ability to split one of these bolts into five separate ones, each able to hit a different target at no penalty (but no doubling up in this case). By the time that last one's applicable though, it might not really be powerful enough to warrant it.

Demons_eye
2010-10-20, 08:19 PM
I very much like the ideas for Shaun. Consider them stolen.