PDA

View Full Version : Con damage sources?

Myth
2010-10-20, 06:21 PM
I was reading the 0 attribute bonus table here (http://http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm). And while helpless is all fun and stuff, dead is a much better condition to render the enemy in!

So what are the sources of delivering Con damage? Preferably magical ones, so i can turn them in to twinned, empowered, repeated, maximized rays (even if they are touch attacks, they can be converted to ray via Arcane Reach).

I know a 9th level Maneuver from ToB has some Con damage bit that's hardly enough to drop a high HD critter to 0.

Yes yes i know that Ability Drain immunity is not exactly hard to obtain but that's besides the point. Unless you find a way to have your Con draining method work always. Then you win bonus DnDs.

Toptomcat
2010-10-20, 06:30 PM
Fang dragons, dire weasels, and stirges all have Con-damage attack modes, and dire weasels at least are Summon Nature's Ally-able.

You can Minor Creation some truly horrific poisons into being. See Arsenic & Old Lace over at Brilliant Gameologists.

In spell terms, the Clr4/Drd3 spell Poison seems to be your best bet.

Wounding weapons work well.

Master Thrower
2010-10-20, 06:40 PM
complete arcane. has poison needles. may just be a wu jen spell thou. might wanna check that out

Lhurgyof
2010-10-20, 08:49 PM
There's a monk feat in Sandstorm, you need improved initiative and stunning fist, it's called Rattlesnake strike. Basically, if they fail your stun save, they take 1d3 con damage.

Dimers
2010-10-20, 09:27 PM
Fang dragons, dire weasels, and stirges all have Con-damage attack modes ...

... so you should become a were-direweasel. :smalltongue:

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-20, 09:29 PM
If I remember right, Touch of Golden Ice deals con damage too; Exalted feat, see BoED.

Skorj
2010-10-20, 09:32 PM
CON damage seems to be Divine magic only. Poison would be devastating if you could turn it into a ray somehow. Isn't there an SC spell called Slime Wave that does CON damage? Killing someone with slime waves has a certain appeal.

Douglas
2010-10-20, 09:33 PM
If I remember right, Touch of Golden Ice deals con damage too; Exalted feat, see BoED.
No, that one's dex damage.

In spell terms, the Clr4/Drd3 spell Poison seems to be your best bet.

Wounding weapons work well.
These are probably your best options, especially with Poison's weird caster-level-based save DC and Wounding's per attack effect combined with the many sources of extra attacks in the game.

AslanCross
2010-10-20, 10:16 PM
CON damage seems to be Divine magic only. Poison would be devastating if you could turn it into a ray somehow. Isn't there an SC spell called Slime Wave that does CON damage? Killing someone with slime waves has a certain appeal.

Slime Wave slaps all of its victims with green slime, which deals 1d6 CON/round until it's removed. It also deals 2d6 damage per round to metal and wood, ignoring metal hardness.

Darrin
2010-10-20, 10:59 PM
Bonesplitting Strike (ToB, Stone Dragon 4) does 2 Con damage on a successful melee attack, no save. Drain Vitality (Shadow Hand 2) also does 2 Con damage, but only if the target fails a Fort save. Bloodletting Strike (Shadow Hand 5) does 4 Con with a failed save, 2 Con if they make it. Both the Shadow Hand and Stone Dragon capstone strikes also deal Con damage.

There are a couple drugs that may damage or reduce Con. Anyone who inhales Mushroom Powder (Book of Vile Darkness p. 43) immediately gets a -2 penalty to Str and Con for 2d4 hours (no save). Ingesting Ziran (Lords of Darkness p. 185) has 2 Con damage as a side effect (no save), but only after the secondary effect wears off (1d3 hours). However, if a second dose is ingested within 24 hours, the target takes 2 Con damage immediately (no save).

gorfnab
2010-10-21, 03:52 AM
Flesh Fails and Flesh Fails Greater are Shadowcaster Mysteries that deal Con damage.

Thurbane
2010-10-21, 06:33 AM
From the Spell Compendium:

Blackfire (Sor/Wiz 8): 1d4/round
Blood to Water (Cleric 7): 2d6
Bloodstar (Sor/Wiz 4): 1 per attack
Dehydrate: (Drd 3): 1d6+1/3 levels
Fangs of the Vampire King (Ass 3, Blk 3): 1 per bite
Flensing (Sor/Wiz 8): 1d6/round
Infestation of Maggots (Drd 3): 1d4/round
Night's Carress (Sor/Wiz 5): 1d6+2
Snakebite (Drd 3, Rng 4): 2/2 per bite
Spirit Worm (Sor/Wiz 1): 1/round
Withering Palm (Cleric 7): 1/2 levels

Dimers
2010-10-21, 10:40 AM
I amend my previous statement thusly: You should become a were-direweasel with the Wounding Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#woundingAttack) psionic feat.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-21, 02:11 PM
Wounding weapons (SRD) and Marrowcrushing weapons (BoVD).