PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] is there any higher feat then great cleave?

cheese monster
2010-10-21, 12:08 AM
I was wondering if there is a feat like "better then great cleave" I don't have many books so I am seeing if anyone on the knows?

Knaight
2010-10-21, 12:10 AM
There is a Supreme Cleave in Complete Warrior, though I'm operating off memory. Its not worth getting, as it will never see use, and as such is just boring.

Xefas
2010-10-21, 12:14 AM
Supreme Cleave is probably the closest you're going to get, although it is not a feat. It is a class feature of two different classes in the Complete Warrior; the Frenzied Berserker and the Knight Protector.

Both instances of this ability allow you to make a 5ft step in between each use of Cleave or Great Cleave.

I don't see why you couldn't just allow someone to take that ability as a feat, though. It's not particularly powerful or problematic.

Grynning
2010-10-21, 12:24 AM
The cleave line is generally a pretty weak way to get extra attacks, it's just too limited outside of the "bag-o-rats" trick.

Check this guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595) out, and the other ones linked in the poster's sig. They will open your eyes.

HunterOfJello
2010-10-21, 12:34 AM
If you're interested in taking a 2handed weapon and hitting everyone within 30ft with it multiple times then go into the Bloodstorm Blade PrC.

lsfreak
2010-10-21, 12:47 AM
Barbarian 19 using the Streetfighter variant from Cityscape is... interesting. It precludes the normal Cleave, but it called Cleaving Charge:

At 19th level, the barbarian acquires a "cleaving charge." If he drops an opponent on a charge attack, and he has at least 10 feet of movement remaining, he can immediately make a new charge attack against a second foe. If he drops that foe and still has movement remaining, he can charge a third, and so on until he either fails to drop a foe, or runs out of movement. All the other standard rules for a charge attack still apply, including the fact that he must have at least 10 feet of distance to make the charge.

Even if he somehow gains the ability to make multiple attacks on a charge (such as with the lion's charge spell from the Spell Compendium), he must drop the foe on the first attack to use this ability. Similarly, he cannot use this ability and Cleave or Great Cleave in the same round.

Found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a).

Great Cleave isn't worth using up one of your feat slots, though. You a) require three or more enemies in reach, b) must be able to drop the first two of those enemies on a single turn, and c) still have those enemies as big enough threats to warrant blowing a feat in order to get an extra attack. Unless you're pumped your reach up to 20'+, it's just not worth the cost.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-21, 08:28 AM
There is a Supreme Cleave in Complete Warrior, though I'm operating off memory. Its not worth getting, as it will never see use, and as such is just boring.

I don't know about that, being able to slice through an army in one turn as long as you don't roll a 1 is pretty awesome.

Amphetryon
2010-10-21, 08:42 AM
IIRC, Supreme Cleave is also featured in the 3.0 Master Samurai Prestige Class.

Runestar
2010-10-21, 08:44 AM
I don't know about that, being able to slice through an army in one turn as long as you don't roll a 1 is pretty awesome.

Now the only problem is finding such an army at higher lvs, especially one whom you can kill in 1 hit. :smallamused:

Psyren
2010-10-21, 09:25 AM
"Roy has boobies!" :smalltongue:

Yes, that's all I had to contribute

Chess435
2010-10-21, 09:31 AM
In Weapon of Legacy, on the sword Caladblog, there's this cool ability called "Unstoppable Cleave" allowing you to make an additional cleave attack per round even if your attack doesn't drop a foe.

Lans
2010-10-21, 10:25 AM
IIRC, Supreme Cleave is also featured in the 3.0 Master Samurai Prestige Class.
Its a Prc class ability that really should have been converted to a feat.

The Glyphstone
2010-10-21, 10:30 AM

The FB's version is specifically still limited to 1 5ft-step per round. The Knight Protector, oddly enough, doesn't mention that restriction.:smalleek:

Of course, since Power Attack bonuses carry through an entire turn...a Knight Protector Shock Trooper/Leap Attacking could kill his entire way through a pretty substantial army there in 1 hit apiece. I want to stat this build out now....how many ways are there to re-roll 1's?

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-21, 10:43 AM
Absolute Cleave, which is a feat granted to female characters when they buy leather armour

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-10-23, 02:52 AM
My usual way over-optimized answer is to check my build compendium on BG. How does charging everything in ridunkulous movement speed x4 with unlimited cleaves (trust, me anything dies in 1 hit) along the way sound? I warn the stench is strong.

Starbuck_II
2010-10-23, 10:26 AM
The FB's version is specifically still limited to 1 5ft-step per round. The Knight Protector, oddly enough, doesn't mention that restriction.:smalleek:

Of course, since Power Attack bonuses carry through an entire turn...a Knight Protector Shock Trooper/Leap Attacking could kill his entire way through a pretty substantial army there in 1 hit apiece. I want to stat this build out now....how many ways are there to re-roll 1's?

You need 3 levels of Knight Protector. Feat unused but needed: Mounted combat.
Reroll 1's: Luck feats, Luck Devotion/domain?, Protected Desitiny, lucky Weapon enhancement, Vestige Balam, Second Chance power, luckblade, Tattooed Monk: Unicorn tattoo
Check this: http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/169880-rerolls-official-sources.html

The Big Dice
2010-10-23, 10:30 AM
Absolute Cleave, which is a feat granted to female characters when they buy leather armour

That's Absolute Cleavage. It's not so much a damaging attack as it is a distracting one. Also see this. (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=258953#p258953)

cheese monster
2010-10-24, 09:38 PM
thanks peoples

Thurbane
2010-10-25, 08:40 PM
The Tactical Soldier (MH) also gets Delayed Cleave as a 7th level class feature. Basically, if anyone drops the last creature you hit, and you still threaten it, you get a cleave as an AoO. Limited use, but still relevant to the topic at hand...

cheese monster
2010-10-26, 12:59 AM
What dose "mh" stand for?

Ashram
2010-10-26, 01:04 AM
What dose "mh" stand for?

Miniatures Handbook, I believe.

Ravens_cry
2010-10-26, 01:15 AM
Supreme cleave would work super well in Pathfinder as
the cleave feats don't need to drop the foe to go on to the next.