2010-10-21, 12:45 AM
Here is a complete Pokemon d20 system.

http://pokemond20.wikidot.com/

Lev
2010-10-21, 12:56 AM
Wow, that pokedex is quite well built I must say :smallsmile:

Kamai
2010-10-21, 01:32 AM
In all of these thoughts, I'm assuming that you are one of the developers.

I understand that you borrowed some of the ideas from the Pokemaster, but for a dedicated Pokemon world (instead of a character meant to go into a D&D world and control the various creatures), why it should be that a trainer needs to be such a high-level to have 6 Pokemon on call. Do you think it might be better to have boosts to CR that can be controlled, or the capability to control multiple in battle at the same time for the purposes of double battles, and more free-form stuff?

Also, assuming that Rockets would be built with the Deviant (and if that's a bad assumption, can you correct me), does that mean that every Team Rocket member is level 11-15, where taking on low-leveled Fire Pokemon with your fists untrained is not something that should even threaten them?!? If not, should they be able to be skilled with their iconic Pokemon earlier, but how? Also, since going first can be interesting to define when Pokemon start switching out, and the like, Vicious might want a wording like the Ninja's Sudden Strike, adding damage when the target is flat-footed.

A quick thought might be to make the Professions like Prestige classes that are enterable at somewhere between 3 and 5, and see if you can add to the Trainer to make it a 20 level class.

If you're rather familiar with the system, I'd like a sense of the world power level that you are going for. If you happen to have 1 or 2 of the Gym Leaders as per the show stated up, could you post them? As a note, I haven't looked much at the system yet, just the classes mainly, but these things jumped out at me.

radmelon
2010-10-21, 07:46 PM
I second these suggestions.

kholdstare9998
2010-10-22, 12:35 AM
First thing I'd like to say is thanks for checking the site out. I'll try to address everything you mentioned.

I see your point about having to wait until 7th level to control 6 Pokemon. Gaining a CR bonus instead seems like a good idea, but (and I know this from test runs) having a trainer with a high CR at a relatively low level makes them really overpowered. I will definitely change how many Pokemon you can control, but I will have to think of something else as well.

Edit: I just remembered why the trainer has to wait to control 6 Pokemon. The original argument was that the when the trainer just starts out, he doesn't have the strength or will to be able to handle having so many Pokemon at once.

The Deviant profession is meant to be more focused on the player rather than the Pokemon. I personally think it's reasonable that a high level player could take on a low level fire pokemon with his/her bare hands, just as a high level fighter could take out a level low wizard that has burning hands memorized. While the system is meant to be a more realistic view of the Pokemon world, if its to realistic its not as fun.

The names are pretty much all class features are slowly being replaced, so I'm sure the Vicious skill will get a much better name.

As for the worlds power level, I want the players to be 20th level before even considering trying to face the Elite 4, or even some Gym Leaders. In the world that I DM for, all of our gym leaders are 16th level or higher. The challenge rating of the Elite 4's Pokemon start at 24. The group I play with is very goal orientated, hence the super high CR of the Elite 4. I'm not saying that every group's world will be like this, or even has to be. It's just a personal preference really.

Hope that covers everything.

Beelzebub1111
2010-10-22, 10:41 AM
I kind of like this one better.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Tabletop/site/