PDA

View Full Version : poorly spelt/formated 3.5PrC; [PEACH](or dom't)

Kernik
2010-10-21, 03:52 AM
You wouldm't bam me for thys mess would you?
Design goals:Design goals:
I've found all of the published attempts to implement this major archetype ym Dungeon and Dragons 3.5 extremely unsatisfying Usually hard to apply only suitable for very specific builds which go off on random tangents having little to do with the concept-grossly overpowered only usable as villains who rely on DM "cheating" for their very existence. While the wide variance in base creatures mot just due to house rules but inconsistencies in even the SRD has proved impossible to reconcile the trope is universal enough that it should in theory be adaptable in theory to amy campaign; whether Yh am capable of doing so remains to be seem. Yf Ah am to have any chance of success Ah must put aside my ego and open myself up to collaboration from more experienced homebrewers at even this preliminary stage. My ego aside the system meeds a class well defined enough to function with out reliance on gamemaster fete and customizable enough to fulfill the different aspirants who would join the class without a bumpy progression. Yh envision something suitable for sub-bosses and Big Bad Evils aliKe but fair enough that ask by a PC without unbalancing the game and steady enough progression that a SRD Rogue 6/Master 6 with the +2 challenge rating vampire template is a equivalent challenge to a party as a Challenge Rating 4 vampire spawn two levels of rogue and eight levels of Master. yet universal enough to be applied to a Widow Queen or Vampire from Tome of Necromancy and a Vampire Class or Lord necropolitan template from GYTPG. While Yh would have dearly loved to be introducing myself to a board I've long enjoyed lurking on with a final product worthy of contest entry Ah find my labour desperately in meed of a good PEACHyng.
Also my computer's problems ad missing Keys have been a serious handicap.
While Ah admit it's very back to basics this is a campaign role we cam all agree-the game meeds and Ah have to my surprise been unable to find. Please gyve me your feedback.

I'm still considering entering this so would like some response before AIh make it non-headache inducing to read but this computer is giving me even more trouble than AIh thought. If-anyone would like to see it anyway please ask and AIh will very happily edit this post--comment anyway..if AIh end up having time to edit before midnight AI'd like to.

A cleric turning or controlling the controlled minion temporarily breaks this link for 10 rounds(or one minuet the same amount of time a turmymg/rebucymg or boister undead effect would last) but a Master cam always reestablish their connection to minions they created if the Master's abilities are strong enough the minion. Some DMs might consider other beings besides undead to be included as 'created' but it definitely includes undead

Free "control attempt" on newly created undead regardless of range

Can't prevent minions from themselves gaining levels in this class if they do gain levels and qualify if traymymg ys requred havyg thys class' abylytys used o them ys suffycet. Thys ys ome of the few thymgs powerful Masters fear as the rappyd gaym ym a Master of the undeads turm resystace cam mace them ympossyble for theyr owm Master to comtrol.Thys ys ome of the maym reasyoms that Masters of the undead are evem rarer tham would be ymdycated by the etry requyremets that myx scylls undead oftem lacc amd abylytyes seldom possesed by the lyvymg: a borgagem Master ys a threat to both achet establysed Masters wyth lomg lymes of decet mameless powers that create ramdom "umcomtroled" undead amd other forces that use undead mymoms. Ammy lyvymg dead creature ys potetaly Someome's (someTHYMG's) pawm evem yf mever used; theyr potetal for dysproportal turmymg resystace marcs them as potetal threats to beyymgs accoustomed to playymg the lomg game.
Add way to resyst amytal Comtrol Spawm.

The same HD amd saves as advamcymg by Hyt Dyce; etter attacc bomus; scylls; resystace to turmymg amd comtrol; class abylytyes; abylyty to stagger levels of class wyth amother class or advacememt by HD ad styll gaym ymroved turm resystamce undead comtrol
20 µoµ ep¥c levels coµtr¥but¥µg to turµ res¥staµce aµd rebu祵g for affect¥ve 30 levels of ab¥ll¥ty
F¥ll¥µg up levels µot already ¥µ other classes or ¥µ uµdead HD G¥sh for sale¥µt ab¥ll¥ty

bouµus feats:
¥µvocat¥oµs:
Please only try to read the edits below. (top of post #5)
This is here solely to preserve continity and allow you to see what i'm tryig to edit into ledgibility. if you cam understand it; them yes; i do need feedbac on the ideas. if you could fix my computer..
The none headache inducing versions are below.

Kernik
2010-10-21, 04:10 AM
Ah was ascyg for help but whem Ah saw how umreadable yt was desyded to hyde yt umtyll Ah fymd more ceys for my computer ceyboard

You wouldm't bam me for thys mess would you?
Design goals:
I've found all of the published attempts to implement this major archetype my Dungeon and Dragons 3.5 extremely unsatsfyng Usually hard to apply only suitable for very specific builds which go off on random tangents having little to do with the concept accatyoaly grossly overpowered only usable as villains who rely on DM "cheatyng" for their very existence. While the wyde variance in base creatures mot just due to house rules but ynconsystances in even the SRD has proved impossible to reconcile the trope is universal enough that it should in theory be adaptable in theory to amy campaign; whether Yh am capable of doing so remains to be seem. Yf Ah am to have any chance of success Ah must put aside my ego and open myself up to collaboration from more experienced homebrewers at even this preliminary stage. My ego aside the system meeds a class well defined enough to function with out reliance on gamemaster fete and customizable enough to fulfill the different aspirants who would join the class without a bumpy progression. Yh envision something suitable for subbosses and Big Bad Evils alyce but fair enough that ask by a PC without unbalancing the game and steady enough progression that a SRD Rogue 6/Master 6 with the +2 challenge rayteyng vampire template is a equivalent challenge to a party as a Challenge Rateyng 4 vampire spawn two levels of rogue and eight levels of Master. yet universal enough to be applied to a Widow Queen or Vampire from Tome of Âecromaµcy and a Vampire Class or Lord necropolotn template from GYTPG. While Yh would have dearly loved to be introducing myself to a board I've long enjoyed lurccing on with a final product worthy of contest entry Ah find my labour desperately in meed of a good PEACHyng.
Also my computer's problems ad missing Keys have been a serious handicap.
While Ah admit it's very back to basics this is a campaign role we cam all agree-the game meeds and Ah have to my surprise been unable to find. Please gyve me your feedback.
Ah myss spellchec amd the eys for the letters ym myowm mame.....
Ah'll get the message yf amyome of athouryty errases thys

AÁhm st¥ll coµceder¥µg eµter¥µg th¥s so would l¥çe some respoµce before AÁh maçe ¥t µoµ-headache ¥µduc¥µg to read but th¥s computer ¥s g¥v¥µg me eveµ more trouble thaµ AÁh thought. Áfvaµyoµe would l¥çe to see ¥t aµyway please asç aµd AÁh w¥ll very happly ed¥t th¥s post--commeµt aµyway..¥f AÁh eµd up hav¥µg t¥me to ed¥t before ¥dµ¥ght AÁ'd l¥çe to.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MASTER of the UnDead(D&D#3.5 PRESTIGE CLASS)

Why Childe?
You ask me why?
Ah though Ah have loved you since you were warm and prey and have long since watched your development with nothing but pride Ah am afraid Ah must...yes afraid for though Ah fear nothing else that walks this world nor indeed few Above or Below even Death itself yet all of our kind must always watch for one of our own who grows too strong. So please my love believe that you have been more than my strong right hand these long years; you have been the truest friend I've had in all my time while ah breathed or since. Ah am truly sorry our time together indeed all your time now must end.
--

Many heros like to beleave that they and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check yet they never think to question what organises teritoral undead that seem to exibit no control over each other in to organised groups. The anster is the seldom seen but widely influencal elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by charater level in more common classes afew exceptional indiduals gain great influance over their less dominate felows. Eventualy most of these "Masters" secude themselfves from dangerous advenentures but their infulenence is still felt. Even disgarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitered as potential fueture rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentons of crusading want to be VanHelsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few undead the less ambios creatures are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instint the most intelligent obaying out of fear the undead seldom other feel.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
: Human level(3+) Intelligence
: Exceptional (16+) charisma
: Ability to manipulate or summon negative or positive energy though exceptional spell-like or supernatural ability(any non- spell such as a clerics' turning or the varrios draining abillitys of the undead)
: Ability to create undead though exceptional spell-like or supernatural ability (any non-spell such as the create spawn ability A Tome of Necromancy undead creation feat or even an Archmage or Heriopant's Spell-Licce-ability abillity if dedicated to the creation of the undead)
: intimidate 7+; Knowledge(arcane) 2 and Knowledge (relegion)or other skill pertaining to the Undead of some type) 4+diplomacy sense motives 2+
: Diplomacy or Handle Animal 4+
: iron Will feat or will save 5+
: must be fully advaced ¥µ aµy "moµster" or "template" class (¥f aµy) but µot a prest¥ge class

Class Skills
The Master of the Undead's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), , Gather InformationIntimidate (Cha), Handle Animal Heal (Wis) Hyde, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (relegion) (Int), Knowledge (Nature) (Int),
Knowledge () (Int), Knowledge (h) (Int),
, Lysem Move Sylemetly Profession (any)(Wis), Search Sense Motive (Wis),
Profession (Wis),Spellcraft (Int),, Spot and Survival (Wis).

Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int

Hit Dice: d12

The Master

BAB*wyzard
Fort*poor
Ref*poor
Will*good

Weapon Proficiencies: A Master of the Undead is is automatically proficient with their natural weapons.
They gain no other weapon armor or shield abilities from becoming a Master.

Dark Authority (Su): The Master gains an increasing sway over some of the l¥v¥µg dead. Each level of Master counts as two additional levels or Hit Dice for any prior or subsequently gained ability to turn rebuke or otherwise control the Undead both in power and in individuals affected (it is recommended that if a undead target's challenge rating exceeds it's HD that the higher rating be substituted).
For example am evil 10th level cleric/1st level Master of the Uµdead rebukes and controls Undead as a twelfth level cleric and could control 42 HD worth of zombies created with the spell animate Dead. Conversely a standard Monster Manual shadow(3HD) with one level of Master could control f¥ve of it's spawn.(Yes Á çµow whats wroµg w¥th th¥s ¥mposs¥ble example.)

A Master of the Dead who has no such ability gains the ability to rebuke (but not to control) any undead they have ever created even those they have freed; if they subsequently gain the ability to turn or rebuke undead then these levels stack allowing the Master of the Undead to add twice their class levels to their affective level of cleric. Untill then they have aµ effect¥ve cler¥c level of 2/class level.
Áµ add¥t¥oµ w¥th each class level the Master caµ add a past or subsequeµt level or H¥t D¥e that doseµ't add to the¥r effect¥ve level of cler¥c..
For example our Shadow with one level of Master cam rebuke it's spawn that it has no other influence over due to exceeding it's Control Spawn limits as a 3rd level cleric two affective cleric levels from it's one level of Master plus one additional level from one level or HD with no ability to influence uµdead µot uµder the effects of ¥t's coµtrol spawµ ab¥l¥ty.

Any Master always has the ability to use all of their rebuking abilities on themselves.

Resistances: A Master of the Undead gains a comprehensive suite of resistances; some of which are useless to some Masters others a continence of skills some Masters have already started to develop some which Masters who previously showed no skill for develop at an accelerated rate until they catch up with Masters more experienced at ruling the restless dead. First a Master who is affected by poison or disease gains a +1/class level on saves verses them as on saves to remove negative levels. Any Master who is currerntly subject to turning or control like that of a Cleric or many types of necromacers gains a turn resistance of +1/class level plus one additonal +1 for each Hit Dice or level that dosn't increase turn resistance up to a maxumum of three times their Hit Dice. if their Hit Dice increases without improving turning resistance at a later time then the Master of the Undead can apply the extra +1/HD at that time (just as their Rebuke Undead ability dose).

Yf the Master is some form of lyvymg dead that must feed off the lyvymg amd has a "pool" of feeding reserve based on Hit Dice allowing sustenance to be saved up allowing binging to delayvthe meed to feed count each level of Master as two levels for thys pool. Áf not otherwise discribed assume the average undead can store one fourth of a days feeding per Hit Dicevor level.

Spellcasting: At fyrst amd every three levels thereafter (fourth sevemth etc) level, you maygain new spells per day
and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable)
as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class possesed pryor to gaymymg the ymcreased affectyve level.
You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that
class would have gained. If you had more than one
spellcasting class before becoming an Masteroftheundead, you
must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of
determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known. You may also choyse to mot apply these bomus caster levels amd spell umyl a later tyme yf he whyshes alowymg hym to apply to a class whych he dyd mot posses whem the level of Master was gayed.
(Alterme class feature: Sal¥eµt ab¥l¥tes ymstead of gaym the ycrease to caster level amd spell abylyty you may choyse to gaym am effectyve caster level of warlocc amd two warlocc ymvocatyos of the lyst below. You gaym mo bemyfts a warlocc would have gayed besydes these yvocatyos but these effecyve levels do stacc wyth amy levels warloc ym determymymg caster level(but mot Eldrych blast). Yf your caster level ys four or below these must be least Ymvocatoms at am effectyve caster level of fyve theMaster may chose lesser ymvocatyos at temth level greater amd at fyveteeth darc Your maxymum umber of yvocatyos gaymed mot coumtymg thouse-gaymed though feats or other features ys 15. Yf some other feature such as-gaymed though amother class alows you to exchame ymvocatos cowm you may exchage these ymvocatyoms mormaly.
To adjudycate effects treat thys as yf the Master had gaymed a level of effectyve warloc that grated am ymvocatom amd the feat extra Ymvocatom but mot amy ymprovmemt ym eldrych blast amd the both ymvocatyoms may be of maxum level useable amd treat maxumum ymvocatoms cowm before feats as 12
Th¥s alterµate feature becomes eveµ more attract¥ve as ¥µ add¥t¥oµ to stac祵g w¥th aµy warlocç levels ¥t stacçs w¥th caster level for aµy spelll¥çe abyl¥tes aµd may be added to w¥th the feat practased spell caster or +1 caster level class feature. ¥f ¥mproved ¥µ th¥s way th¥s doseµ't ¥mprove aµy warlocç ab¥l¥tes µot ga¥µed from th¥s class.

Cow the Rebeluis Child: The Master may take uneque advantage of successful rebukings. The special insite of the true Master is such that they can use the terror so seldom felt by the living dead to use the skills Ántimidate Diplomacy (Torcher) and Handle Animal on them. The Master of the Dead may use these skylls without any penalty on any undead (or deathless) that is at all suseptable to them. What is more after succesfully rebukeig a creature the Master can use these skills on them even if they are normaly imune to such maipulation even conditionin© very symple respoces in the mindless or training the lower intellegenece just like another would train an animal.
With repeated applications of Rebuke Undead and enough time even extreamly strong willed√amd intellegent un-living beings may be conditioned and brainwashed. (see player's handbook and The Book of Vyle Darkness for these skills.) For conditioning treat the non-intelleget as animals that may rember at most two "tricks that an animal could be pushed to perform; at best opening a door in responce to a symple stymulus. Undead of animal intelligence may be trained just as animals.
For every class level the Master has plus their charisma bonus they may extennd the range of "trainablity" on itellence point above animal intellegence and train an additional student at a time provided the lessions arevss imular. This is an unthining reponce caused by fear and pain but creatures of human itellect are still as capeable of complex tasks.
A Master that can boyster their subjects can add pleasure to the mix givig them a bonus to their skill checks of plus four. Controled undead are automaticaly trained and if the subject has ever had the Master demonstrait the Allways on Your Mind abblity (see bellow) on on them they will be very afraid that they could be silently watched by the Master at any time (must judge basced on past secomestance and lykelyhood of punishmet whither this counts as in the Master's precence on avcase by case basis).

Sucor the Fearstruck Child: By second level a Master's control has-expanded such that even without the benefit of a divine patron they may influence more of the undead and to a greater degree. They may now use Dispel Turning on they can effect undead an ability that serves them well when they or their theyr pack is menaced by clerics of Pelor.
A Master cam use a Dispel Turning Control undead attempt to attempt to break another's control over themselves or a potential minion they wish to steal but the closest ancestor always wins such contests. A Master of the undead may not steal undead currently controlled by the Control Spawn ability or by the Master of the undead class abilities of a Master who is an ancestor in closer progenitorral relation to the potential minion and such a Master cam always attempt to break the control of more distant relations or Masters who are not "relatives." To be certain of control over a valued minion a Master must control or atleast scare off ay other Masters who the minions ym questyom ys deceded from. The sole exceptyom to thys ys that a comtroler whoes power over the undead ys compleately bequethed upom a devyme patrom who cam revoce such largess. Such a deaty cam always attempt to userpe comtrol from yts worshypers or symply revoce the power to comtrol undead.

Their ability to rebuke the undead now expands to include the "second generation" removed from themselves; they may treat undead created by the undead they have made as having been created by the Master himself. This creator by proxy affect continues along line of descent at third level the Master cam use their abilities on their spawn's spawn's spawn.

By third level a Master who otherwise lacks the ability gains the ability to boister undead that they could rebuke.

Communion with the Distant Minion:
Distance is mot am obstacle to Masters regarding spawn of theyre own linage. The Master may macce a control attempt against undead descended from them at amy time over amy distance either targeting a particular individual of which they know or a general area such as a particular city that might contain a descendent of a close enough generation to affect. This last ability only is possible against direct descendent of the Master who are within one generation per level ym the Master of the undead class mot extending to other undead however similar in type (as per Dominate the kidrid Spirt below).

Dominate the kidrid Spirt: By fifth level the Master's rebuking abilities extend to any undead of am undead Master's own kind (shadow wraith etc.). An epic level Master (Master of the undead level 11 or above) may use their rebuke ability on any undead or deathless regardless of their origin or the Master's type(if any).

Always on Your Mind: Regardless of ability to control if result would have beeµ control-for a evil cleric establishes "contact"
Amy other mental control (including Dominate and children of the night) establish contact
Mind Blank Protection from Evil blocçs
may remote rebuce/boyster-alows mental contact as per Dominate and a bonus on sense motive during contact
Minion isn't aware of contact with a master that doesn't chose to issue mental communication
At hygher levels as scrying ?/day
A cleric turning or controlling the controlled minion temporarily breaks this link for 10 rounds(or one minuet the same amount of time a turmymg/rebucymg or boister undead effect would last) but a Master cam always reestablish their connection to minions they created if the Master's abilities are strong enough the minion. Some DMs might consider other beings besides undead to be included as 'created' but it definitely includes undead

Free "control attempt" on newly created undead regardless of range

Can't prevent minions from themselves gaining levels in this class if they do gain levels and qualify if traymymg ys requred havyg thys class' abylytys used o them ys suffycet. Thys ys ome of the few thymgs powerful Masters fear as the rappyd gaym ym a Master of the undeads turm resystace cam mace them ympossyble for theyr owm Master to comtrol.Thys ys ome of the maym reasyoms that Masters of the undead are evem rarer tham would be ymdycated by the etry requyremets that myx scylls undead oftem lacc amd abylytyes seldom possesed by the lyvymg: a borgagem Master ys a threat to both achet establysed Masters wyth lomg lymes of decet mameless powers that create ramdom "umcomtroled" undead amd other forces that use undead mymoms. Ammy lyvymg dead creature ys potetaly Someome's (someTHYMG's) pawm evem yf mever used; theyr potetal for dysproportal turmymg resystace marcs them as potetal threats to beyymgs accoustomed to playymg the lomg game.
Add way to resyst amytal Comtrol Spawm.

PLAYING A MASTER OF THE undead
Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.

The same HD amd saves as advamcymg by Hyt Dyce; etter attacc bomus; scylls; resystace to turmymg amd comtrol; class abylytyes; abylyty to stagger levels of class wyth amother class or advacememt by HD ad styll gaym ymroved turm resystamce undead comtrol
20 µoµ ep¥c levels coµtr¥but¥µg to turµ res¥staµce aµd rebu祵g for affect¥ve 30 levels of ab¥ll¥ty
F¥ll¥µg up levels µot already ¥µ other classes or ¥µ uµdead HD G¥sh for sale¥µt ab¥ll¥ty

bouµus feats:
¥µvocat¥oµs:

Oh amd "hy everyome"
"Ah'm Cermyc"
Ah was goymg to emter the comtest but my computer ys ¶$#%@
someparts are readable...maybe Ah'll have tyme before 12....{sygh}

Peregrine
2010-10-21, 05:49 AM
Yikes. I hope you don't mind me formatting it nicely for everyone's benefit. In several places, I've had to guess at what you meant -- namely the skill prerequisites and class skills.

Master of the Undead

Prerequisites
Ability scores: Intelligence 3+, Charisma 16+
Ability to channel positive or negative energy as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, including turn or rebuke undead or ability drain.
Ability to create undead as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, such as the create spawn ability, a Tome of Necromancy undead creation feat, or even an Archmage or Hierophant's spell-like ability (if used for a spell that creates undead)
Skills: Diplomacy or Handle Animal 2 ranks, Intimidate 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Sense Motive 2 ranks. Another skill relating to the undead may be substituted for Knowledge (religion).
Base Will save 5+, or Iron Will feat.
Must be fully advanced in any monster or template class.

Class skills
The Master of the Undead's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis).

Skill points per level: 6 + Int modifier

Class features
Hit dice: d12

{table=head]Lvl|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Dark authority, resistances, cow the rebellious child|+1 level of existing class
2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Succor the fear-struck child|--
3|+1|+1|+1|+3||--
4|+2|+1|+1|+4||+1 level of existing class
5|+2|+1|+1|+4|Dominate the kindred spirit|--
6|+3|+2|+2|+5||--
7|+3|+2|+2|+5||+1 level of existing class
8|+4|+2|+2|+6||--
9|+4|+3|+3|+6||--
10|+5|+3|+3|+7||+1 level of existing class[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: A Master of the Undead is is automatically proficient with its natural weapons. It gains no other weapon, armor or shield proficiencies from becoming a Master of the Undead.

Dark Authority (Su): A Master of the Undead gains an increasing sway over some of the living dead. Each class level counts as two additional levels or Hit Dice for any ability to turn, rebuke or otherwise control the undead, whether currently possessed or gained in future. All aspects of such abilities relating to Hit Dice or character levels are affected, including the number of undead and the most powerful undead able to be affected. (It is recommended that if an undead target's challenge rating exceeds its HD, that the higher rating be substituted).

For example, an evil 10th-level cleric/1st-level Master of the Undead rebukes or commands undead as a 12th-level cleric, and could control 42 HD worth of zombies created with the spell animate dead. A shadow with 3 Hit Dice and one level of Master of the Undead could control five of its spawn. (Yes, I know what's wrong with this impossible example.)

If the Master of the Undead has no such ability, it gains the ability to rebuke (but not command) any undead it has ever created, even those it has freed. If it subsequently gain the ability to turn or rebuke undead, its Master of the Undead levels count double, as normal. Until then, it has an effective cleric level of twice its class level. In addition, for each level in Master of the Undead, one past or future level or Hit Die that did not increase an ability to rebuke or control undead, now does so.

For example, a shadow with one level of Master of the Undead can rebuke any of its spawn that it has no other influence over (due to exceeding its control spawn limits) as a 3rd-level cleric: it has two effective cleric levels from its one level of Master of the Undead, plus one additional level from a racial Hit Die (since its racial Hit Dice did not improve its ability to influence undead not under the effects of its control spawn ability).

A Master of the Undead may always use its rebuking ability on itself.

Resistances: A Master of the Undead gains a comprehensive suite of resistances: some are useless to some Masters; others are a continuation of skills that some Masters have already started to develop; and others, which Masters previously showed no skill for, develop at an accelerated rate until they catch up with Masters more experienced at ruling the restless dead.

A Master of the Undead gains a +1 bonus per class level to saves against poison and disease, and to remove negative levels.

A Master of the Undead who is currently affected by a turning or rebuking ability gains turn resistance equal to its class level, +1 per past or future level or Hit Die that did not increase its ability to resist turning, to a maximum of three times its Hit Dice.

If a Master of the Undead must feed off the living, and has a pool of feeding reserve based on Hit Dice that allows it to saved up sustenance, each level of Master of the Undead counts as two levels for this pool. (If not otherwise described, assume the average undead can store one day's feeding per four Hit Dice.)

Spellcasting: At first level, and every three levels thereafter (fourth, seventh, etc.), a Master of the Undead gains new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if it had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which it belonged before becoming a Master of the Undead. It does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If it had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Master of the Undead, it must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

A Master of the Undead may also choose to not apply this increase until a later time, if it intends to gain levels in a new spellcasting class in future.

Alternate class feature:
Salient Abilites: Instead of gaining a level of spellcasting, a Master of the Undead may choose to gain an effective level of warlock and two warlock invocations from the list below. It gains no other benefits that a warlock would have gained, but these effective levels do stack with any levels of warlock to determine its caster level for invocations (but not its eldritch blast damage). If its effective warlock level is 4th or below, these must be least invocations. At an effective warlock level of 5th, a Master of the Undead may choose lesser invocations; at 10th, greater; and at 15th, dark.

The Master of the Undead's maximum number of invocations known (not counting those gained through feats or other features) is 15. If another class feature allows you to exchange invocations known, you may exchange invocations gained from Master of the Undead levels normally.

This alternate feature becomes even more attractive as, in addition to stacking with any warlock levels, it stacks with caster level for any spell-like abilities, and may be added to with the feat Practised Spellcaster, or with a +1 caster level class feature. If improved in this way, this doesn't improve any warlock abilities not gained from this class.

Cow the Rebellious Child: The special insight of the Master of the Undead is such that it can use terror, so seldom felt by the living dead, to use the skills Intimidate, Diplomacy (Torture) and Handle Animal on them. The Master of the Undead may use these skills without any penalty on any undead (or deathless) that is at all susceptible to them.

A Master of the Undead may also take unique advantage of successful attempts to rebuke undead. After successfully rebuking a creature, the Master of the Undead can use these skills on them, even if they are normally immune to such manipulation--even conditioning very simple responses in the mindless, or training those of lesser intelligence, just like another might train an animal.

With repeated applications of rebuke undead, and enough time, even extremely strong-willed and intelligent undead may be conditioned and brainwashed. (See the Player's Handbook and the Book of Vile Darkness for these skills.) For conditioning, treat non-intelligent undead as animals that may learn two tricks that an animal could be pushed to perform; at best, they might open a door in response to a simple stimulus. Undead of animal intelligence may be trained just as animals.

For every class level, and for every point of Charisma bonus, the Master of the Undead may extend the range of trainable undead by one point of Intelligence above animal intelligence (Int 2), and train an additional "student" at a time, provided the lessons are similar.

This is an unthinking response caused by fear and pain, but creatures of human intellect are still as capable of complex tasks.

A Master of the Undead that can bolster its subjects can add pleasure to the mix, giving it a +4 bonus to its skill checks. Controlled undead are automatically trained, and if the subject has ever had the Master of the Undead use the Always on Your Mind ability (see below) on them, they may act at all times as if the Master of the Undead were present, as they will fear being silently watched at any time. (The DM must judge, based on past circumstance and likelihood of punishment, whether this counts as being in the Master's presence, on a case-by-case basis).

Succor the Fearstruck Child: By second level, a Master of the Undead's control has expanded, such that even without the benefit of a divine patron they may influence more of the undead and to a greater degree. They may now dispel turning, an ability that serves them well when they or their pack is menaced by clerics of Pelor.

A Master of the Undead can use a dispel turning or rebuke undead attempt to try to break another's control over themselves, or over a potential minion that they wish to steal -- but the closest ancestor always wins such contests. A Master of the Undead may not steal undead currently controlled by the control spawn ability, or by the class features of a Master of the Undead who is a closer ancestor to the potential minion. Such a Master can always attempt to break the control of more distant relations, or of Masters who are not "relatives". To be certain of control over a valued minion, a Master of the Undead must control or at least scare off any other Masters whom the minions in question are descended from.

The sole exception to this is in the case of a controller whose power over the undead is completely derived from a divine patron, who can revoke such largess. Such a deity can always attempt to usurp control from its worshippers, or simply revoke the power to control undead.

Also, the Master of the Undead's ability to rebuke undead now expands to include the "second generation" removed from itself. It may treat undead created by the undead they have made, as having been created by itself. This creator-by-proxy effect continues along lines of descent: at 3rd level, the Master can use its abilities on its spawn's spawn's spawn.

By 3rd level, a Master of the Undead who otherwise lacks the ability, gains the ability to bolster undead that they could rebuke.

Communion with the Distant Minion: Distance is not an obstacle to a Master of the Undead regarding spawn of their own lineage. The Master of the Undead may make a rebuke or command attempt against undead descended from them at any time, over any distance, either targeting a particular individual of which they know, or a general area (such as a particular city) that might contain a descendent of a close enough generation to affect. This last ability is only possible against direct descendants of the Master of the Undead who are within one generation per class level. This cannot affect other undead of similar kind (but see Dominate the Kindred Spirit, below).

Dominate the Kindred Spirit: By fifth level, the Master of the Undead's rebuking abilities extend to any undead of its own kind, if the Master is itself an undead.

At epic levels (Master of the Undead level 11 or above) may use their rebuke ability on any undead or deathless regardless of its origin or the Master's kind (or even whether the Master of the Undead is undead at all).

Always on Your Mind: Regardless of whether the Master of the Undead can command a particular undead, if the result of a rebuke undead attempt would have been control for an evil cleric of the same character level, the Master establishes "contact". Any other form of mental control (including dominate and children of the night) also establishes contact. Mind blank and protection from evil, and similar spells, block this contact.

The Master of the Undead may remotely rebuke or bolster undead through this contact, and attempt mental control as per dominate monster. The Master also gains a bonus on Sense Motive checks during contact.

A creature is not aware of contact with a Master that doesn't choose to issue mental communication.

At higher levels, contact can be used as if scrying (?/day).

A cleric turning or rebuking the contacted minion temporarily breaks this link for 10 rounds (the same amount of time the turning effect would last), but a Master of the Undead can always re-establish their connection to minions they created, if the Master's abilities are strong enough. Some DMs might consider other beings besides undead to be included as 'created', but it definitely includes undead.

The Master of the Undead gains a free "control attempt" on any newly created undead, regardless of range.

Playing a Master of the Undead
A Master of the Undead cannot prevent minions from themselves gaining levels in this class. If they do qualify for the class, but training is required to advance in it, having had this class's features used on them counts as sufficient training. This is one of the few things powerful Masters of the Undead fear, as the rapid increase in a Master of the Undead's turn resistance can make it impossible for their own Master to control them. This is one of the main reasons that Masters of the Undead are even rarer than would be indicated by the entry requirements, which mix skills undead often lack with abilities seldom possessed by the living. A burgeoning Master is a threat to ancient established Masters with long lines of descent, to nameless powers that create random "uncontrolled" undead, and to other forces that use undead minions alike. Any living dead creature is potentially someone's (or something's) pawn, even if never used; their potential for disproportionately high turn resistance marks them as potential threats to beings accustomed to playing the long game.

Notes/To Do
Add way to resist amytal[??] Control Spawn.
The same HD and saves as advancing by Hit Dice
Better attack bonus
Skills
Resistance to turning and control
Class abilities
Ability to stagger levels of class with another class or advancement by HD, and still gain improved turn resistance/undead control
20 non-epic levels contributing to turn resistance and rebuking, for effective 30 levels of ability
Filling up levels not already in other classes or in undead HD Gish for salient ability

Bonus feats:
Invocations:[hr]
And now some thoughts: It's too unfocused and too complicated. Even after editing for readability, it's too hard to keep track of all the different stuff. Its features need to be pared down to a minimum. Get rid of as many "if it has (or gets) this, then this" clauses as possible. I get the d12 Hit Dice -- undead have it -- but why 6 skill points per level? Why so many class skills? Free warlock invocations?

Right now the class feels too much like a do-everything, "Class Feature: It's Awesome!" class.

Lastly, the prerequisites -- requiring specific ability scores is usually avoided. And again, there's too many complications.

Kernik
2010-10-21, 02:07 PM
Wow Peregrne I don't mind at all thanks! I realized i'd never finish this in time -but against the slim possibility that I did and gave in to an exhibitionist urge to try and mar the current PrC contest with it then I owed the more vyable emterats something that had at least been commented on by the sane and coherent.
I didn't think I'd actually get it from someone who writes content that clearly and uncomplicatedly fills voids in the preexisting system (translation: I lice the way you write spells-your input is of the sort I was hoping for).

In several places, I've had to guess at what you meant -- namely the skill prerequisites and class skills.

Actually I think S.E.T.I. should have you on speed dial. How exactly did you understand me? It looks like you navigated my obscure ramblings flawlessly-your edit captured what I was (failing and) attempting to say; your comments hit the design problems through the cloud of communication $%#--%$^ ups.
Neat!!!!

And now some thoughts: It's too unfocused and too complicated. Even after editing for readability, it's too hard to keep track of all the different stuff. Its features need to be pared down to a minimum. Get rid of as many "if it has (or gets) this, then this" clauses as possible. I get the d12 Hit Dice -- undead have it -- but why 6 skill points per level? Why so many class skills? Free warlock invocations?

Right now the class feels too much like a do-everything, "Class Feature: It'sThey areAwesome!" class.

Lastly, the prerequisites -- requiring specific ability scores is usually avoided. And again, there's too many complications.

I feel the d12 should probably go but am too scared to remove it from a class that would mainly attract "goon-class" undead this is also why i've gone so obviously overboard with the skills: if this poor beast I've stilled "Master" gets caught out in the open with their pawns I didn't want them to be seen as as the runt of the litter.

My goal-which I think is important if maybe beyond my skill to execute is to create a few tools of good utility for a potential villain-whether they are running around a graveyard in a one off dungeon crawl or are the unseen-hand of a major antagonist. Something roughly comparable to a one challenge rating per level class that explains the seeming organization undead so often exhibit. I'd prefer being slightly under powered as the alternatives are all as over the top as I ended up being.

Yes I'm trying to plant a seed of an idea for a better or more capable writer to bring to fruition.

The necessities of the trope I'm trying to realize as I see them:

-ability to have some control or influence over "freed" spawn-particularly through bullying.
--ability to occasionally when desperate measures are called for drive nuance monsters at heros like a warlord drives living mooks--be they orks or human bandits. The hungry dead don't get the "They are more scared of me than they could ever be of you" treatment often enough.
--the ability for a vampire whose domination of a PC has worn off to subtlety goad PC towards a goal without feeling "railroaded."
--a reason for undead to cull their own numbers and explain why isolated villages without a "hero" to their name are not overrun by selfish self-perpetuating hoards of the spawning types of undead.
--a way to insert an undead overlord as seen in so much source material into an existing undead colony i.e.:"The Master is in town."
--somehow do all that while still staying less powerful than most "undead hoard masters"--there should be faster roads to greater more secure power so this "villain-class" is less attractive to P.C.-but still worth taking for stile reasons.
--the preservation of the one saving grace of the PrCs aimed at vampires in so many expantioµs both third party aid official like The Book of Vial darkness. Namely the mechanic that allows them to build a reserve of "hunger satisfaction" so they don't have to eat people as often-but still must eat the same amount of people. if eating people becomes something they CAN do instead of MUST do it's just a combat ability not a reason to be a walking blight on the face of creation

..to be continued...
your 1 posting gave me alot to deal with & my response speed very slow
how to simplify? What to cut out? Foreseeing accusations of being under powered if it was legible
Master of the Undead (editing in the (SPOILER) to spare thouse who don't wamt to see)
Why Childe?
You ask me why?
Ah though Ah have loved you since you were warm and prey and have long since watched your development with nothing but pride Ah am afraid Ah must...yes afraid for though Ah fear nothing else that walks this world nor indeed few Above or Below even Death itself yet all of our kind must always watch for one of our own who grows too strong. So please my love believe that you have been more than my strong right hand these long years; you have been the truest friend I've had in all my time while ah breathed or since. Ah am truly sorry our time together indeed all your time now must end.
--

Many heros like to believe that they and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check yet they never think to question what organizes territorial undead that seem to exhibit no control over each other in to organized groups. The answer is the seldom seen but widely influential elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by character level in more common classes a few exceptional individuals gain great influence over their less dominate fellows. Eventually most of these "Masters" seclude themselves from dangerous adventurers but their influence is still felt. Even discarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitored as potential future rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentions of crusading want to be Van Helsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few undead the less ambitious creatures are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instinct the most intelligent obeying out of fear the undead seldom other feel.

Prerequisites:

• Ability scores: Intelligence 3+, Charisma 16+
(Yes is very differanent from the standard requirement and needs to be fixed. I think I could get away with "human level or greater Intelligence" -maybe but realy could use a sugestion on how to mechanicaly limit this class to those whith truly exceptional FORCE of WIll--Charisma is not "looks" or being "likeable"
I could quote Gygax on Europian dictators or more recent writers on sit-com charaters or the oregenal red-to-black robed mages as examples of ugly unlikeable highly chrismatic achetypes but I thik you all get it.
This is (slowly) becoming the accepted standard for undead anyway. This still is too out of place. Please; I know someone has a better idea.)
• Ability to channel positive or negative energy as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, including turn or rebuke undead or ability drain.
• Ability to create undead as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, such as the create spawn ability, a Tome of Necromancy undead creation feat, or even an Archmage or Hierophant's spell-like ability (if used for a spell that creates undead)
• Skills:Intimidate 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Another skill relating to the undead may be substituted for Knowledge (religion).
• More Skills: Diplomacy or Handle Animal 2 ranks; Sense Motive or Bluff 2 ranks.
(This is here solely to preserve continity and allow you to see what I'm tryig to edit into ledgibility.
Is this a mess? Too complex? Want to be reachable for creatures advancing by undead HD but not to easy-also see "Class Sçills" below.)
• Base Will save 5+, or Iron Will feat.
• Must be fully advanced in any monster or template class.

The Master of the Undead's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis).

Skill points per level: 6 + Int modifier

(Too many and too much yes...but...
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, and Sense Motive,
are I feel nessisary for the class and I'm very woryed about cutting out anything that is being used as:
-a requiremet;
-is concedered de rigare for the pacç hunter they used to be;
-is needed for the slight castting options I thinç they should have.
Any one thinç I could get away with:
Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis)?)
Skill points per level: 6 + Int modifier-dead wyth smarts get 4 but few of the scylls. Wyll four styll fly or should yt be 6 for the class?

(Will I get a big hew and cry if I lower this. I am worryed it would be a distacttion to explane that this class could be taçen by the living; if a particular Master has a racial or racialvtemplate abillity that pertainse to "all past or fueture HD" it of course supercedes this; and lastly that UNDEAD DON'T ALL ALWAYS HAVE ALL d12s AS THE SRD IS WRITEN ANY MORE THAN ALL HUMAOIDS GET ALL d-eights!! I'm trying to write a class not coment on racial HD.
)

table=here

Weapon Proficiencies: A Master of the Undead is is automatically proficient with their natural weapons.

Dark Authority (Su): The Master gains an increasing sway over some of the living dead. Each level of Master counts as two additional levels or Hit Dice for any prior or subsequently gained ability to turn rebuke or otherwise control the Undead both in power and in individuals affected (it is recommended that if a undead target's challenge rating exceeds it's HD that the higher rating be substituted).
For example am evil 10th level cleric/1st level Master of the Undead rebukes and controls Undead as a twelfth level cleric and could control 42 HD worth of zombies created with the spell animate Dead. Conversely a standard Monster Manual shadow(3HD) with one level of Master could control five of it's spawn.(Yes I know what's wrong with this impossible example.)

A Master of the Dead who has no such ability gains the ability to rebuke (but not to control) any undead they have ever created even those they have freed; if they subsequently gain the ability to turn or rebuke undead then these levels stack allowing the Master of the Undead to add twice their class levels to their affective level of cleric. Until then they have an effective cleric level of 2/class level.
In addition with each class level the Master can add a past or subsequent level or Hit Die that doesn't add to their effective level of cleric..
For example our Shadow with one level of Master cam rebuke it's spawn that it has no other influence over due to exceeding it's Control Spawn limits as a 3rd level cleric two affective cleric levels from it's one level of Master plus one additional level from one level or HD with no ability to influence undead not under the effects of it's control spawn ability.

Any Master always has the ability to use all of their rebuking abilities on themselves.
()
Poor wording:
rebuke dead only--no bolster no control
; stacks with any existing rebuke/turn

affective level 2/class level plus 1/class level up to level of µo turning
net result 10 class levels+10 other HD= 30 affective cleric levels as main class feature

At 1st level only works only works on own spawn if doesn't have rebuke/turn from another source
)

Resistances: A Master of the Undead gains a comprehensive suite of resistances; some of which are useless to some Masters others a continence of skills some Masters have already started to develop some which Masters who previously showed no skill for develop at an accelerated rate until they catch up with Masters more experienced at ruling the restless dead. First a Master who is affected by poison or disease gains a +1/class level on saves verses them as on saves to remove negative levels. Any Master who is currently subject to turning or control like that of a Cleric or many types of necromancers gains a turn resistance of +1/class level plus one additional +1 for each Hit Dice or level that doesn't increase turn resistance up to a maximum of three times their Hit Dice. if their Hit Dice increases without improving turning resistance at a later time then the Master of the Undead can apply the extra +1/HD at that time (just as their Rebuke Undead ability dose).
(Poor wording:
Bonus to saves large bonus to turn resistances
I feel disproportional turn resistances is necessary to make this (ideally rare undead) hard to control.
Is it too confusing to throw in resistances for the living?)

Yf the Master is some form of living dead that must feed off the livng amid has a "pool" of feeding reserve based on Hit Dice allowing sustenance to be saved up allowing bingeing to delay the meed to feed count each level of Master as two levels for this pool. If not otherwise described assume the average undead can store one fourth of a days feeding per Hit Dice or level.
(the preservation of the one saving grace of the PrCs aimed at vampires in so many expansions both third party aid official like The Book of Vial darkness. Namely the mechanic that allows them to build a reserve of "hunger satisfaction" so they don't have to eat people as often-but still must eat the same amount of people. if eating people becomes something they CAN do instead of MUST do it's just a combat ability not a reason to be a walking blight on the face of creation)

Kernik
2010-10-21, 06:37 PM
All right, i'll never finnish translating this into something resembling a human language in time to enter the contest.
Dramatic sigh. I'm going to give it a break for about a week; if anyone would like to see more please say so. Otherwise I'll be back on line in about a week and would greatly appreciate any feedback as i'll be finishing this for my own amusement in any event.

more recemt edytMaster of the Undead

Picture-probably not ready for picture suggestions just yet....

Why Child?
You ask me, why?
Ah though I have loved you since you were warm and prey, and have long since watched your development with nothing but pride I am afraid I must...yes, afraid, for though I fear nothing else that walks this world, nor indeed few Above or Below-even Death itself; yet all of our kind must always watch for one of our own who grows too strong. Please my love, believe that you have been more than my strong right hand these long years; you have been the truest friend I've had in all my time, while ah breathed or since. I am truly sorry our time together, indeed all your time, now must end.
--Joseph ghast
and self-styled "Master of Westmarket Township"
to Marrgette his spawn

Many heros like to believe that they, and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check-yet they never think to question what organizes territorial undead into organized groups. The answer is the seldom seen, but widely influential elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by character level, a few exceptional individuals gain great influence over the less dominant. Eventually most of these "Masters" seclude themselves from dangerous adventurers but their influence is still felt. Even discarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitored as potential future rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentions of crusading want to be Van Helsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few unambitious undead they are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instinct, the most intelligent obeying out of fear the undead seldom other feel.

BECOMING A "MASTER OF THE DEAD"
Many heros like to believe that they and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check yet they never think to question what organizes territorial undead that seem to exhibit no control over each other in to organized groups. The answer is the seldom seen but widely influential elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by character level in more common classes a few exceptional individuals gain great influence over their less dominate fellows. Eventually most of these "Masters" seclude themselves from dangerous adventurers but their influence is still felt. Even discarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitored as potential future rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentions of crusading want to be Van Helsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few undead the less ambitious creatures are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instinct the most intelligent obeying out of fear the undead seldom otherwise feel.

Seldom trained to this class the rare individual who stiles themselves "the Master" (as they usually do) most often learns by experience. Certain exceptionals among those who spend excessive time amongst the undead find that wether through practice example or being victimized themselves find after a time that they obeyed by the creatures more often thai others. Often even heeded when it would normally be impossible to issue orders to the undead through normal arcane or divine abilities.
If undead themselves such individuals are notoriously hard to control themselves and are usually hunted by older more established Masters who jealously monitor packs of undead.

This form of talent is truly torturously learned not inborn and almost never taught...
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
: Human level Intelligence and exceptional force of personality (Charisma 16+)
: Skills:Intimidate 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcane) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Another skill relating to the undead may be substituted for Knowledge (religion).
: More Skills: Diplomacy or Handle Animal 2 ranks; Sense Motive or Bluff 2 ranks.
: Ability to channel positive or negative energy as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, including turn or rebuke undead or ability drain.
: Ability to create undead as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, such as the create spawn ability.
: Base Will save 5+, or Iron Will feat.
: Must be fully advanced in any monster or template class.

Class Skills
The Master of the Dead's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
Skills Points at Each Level: ? + int

Hit Dice: d?

Table:The Master of the Dead
{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | Spellike
1st | +0 | +0 | +0 | +2 | resistances,cow the rebellious child, Dark authority innate Salient Abilities| innate Salient Abilities +1
2nd | +1 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Succor the fear-struck child |
3rd | +2 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Boister, N, L|
4th | +3 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Communion with the Distant Minion, C | innate Salient Abilities +1
5th | +3 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Always on Your Mind, M, T |
6th | +4 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Dominate the Kindred Spirt, C, R |
7th | +5 | +2 | +2 | +5 | D, R | innate Salient Abilities +1
8th | +6 | +2 | +2 | +6 | B, E, M |
9th | +6 | +3 | +3 | +6 | R |
10th | +7 | +3 | +3 | +7 | D | innate Salient Abilities +1[/table]

Class Abilities:

resistances: A Master of the Undead gains a comprehensive suite of resistances including:

-resistance to the opposing will: turn resistance equal to 2/class level plus 1 per preexisting or subsequently gained level or HD that doesn't improve turn resistance.
i.e. Maximum resistance to turning attempts of (2/Master of the Dead level)+(1/all other class or racial levels)
As their will grows the Master becomes very hard to dominate. All such leaders of the undead are roughly as hard to drive off or control regardless of what they were before.
-resistance to the emptiness within:Yf the Master must feed off the living they may binge on one day to delay when they next must feed. If not otherwise described assume the average undead can store one fourth of a days feeding per Hit Dice or level. The Master counts each class level as two HD for such purposes.
-resistance to the bane of life: As their power among the Living dead grows the Master of the Dead grows resistant to the frailties of life. The Master gains a bonus to saves verses poison disease ability drain or to remove a negative level equal to +1/class level.

Cow the Rebellious Child: The Master may take unique advantage of successful rebuking. The special insight of the true Master is such that they can use the terror so seldom felt by the living dead to use the skills Intimidate Bluff Diplomacy and Handle Animal on them.
The Master of the Dead may use these skills without any penalty on any undead (or deathless) that is at all susceptible to them. What is more after successfully rebuking a creature the Master can use these skills on them even if they are normally immune to such manipulation; conditioning very simple response in the mindless, training the less intelligent just like another would train an animal.
With repeated applications of Rebuke Undead and enough time, even extremely strong willed, intelligent un-living beings may be conditioned and brainwashed. For conditioning, treat the non-intelligent as animals that may remember at most two "tricks" that an animal could be pushed to perform--at best opening a door in response to a simple stimulus. Undead of animal intelligence may be trained just as animals.
For every class level the Master has plus their charisma bonus they may extend the range of "trainability" on intelligence point above animal intelligence and train an additional student at a time provided the lesions are similar. This is an unthinking response caused by fear and pain but creatures of human intellect are still as capable of complex tasks.
A Master that can boister their subjects can add pleasure to the mix giving them a bonus to their skill checks of plus four. Controlled undead are automatically trained and if the subject has ever had the Master demonstrate the Always on Your Mind ability (see bellow) on on them they will be very afraid that they could be silently watched by the Master at any time (must judge based on past circumstance and likelihood of punishment whither this counts as in the Master's presence on a case by case basis).

Innate Salient Abilities: The Master's innate powers grow stronger and more numerous as they grow stronger. At first level and every three levels thereafter (fourth, seventh, etc.) any innate supernatural or spell-like abilities gain a +1 bonus to affective caster level, up to a maximum of the Master's Hit Dice.
In addition the Master of the Dead develops two new powers roughly equivalent to warlock invocations. if the Master had innate abilities that functioned at varying caster levels apply this bonus separately to each; if no level is given, assume a caster level of the minimum needed to cast the closest equivalent spell or first, whichever is greater.
Invocations suitable for use as Salient Abilities

Succor the Fearstruck Child: By second level a Master's control has-expanded such that even without the benefit of a divine patron they may influence more of the undead and to a greater degree. They may now use Dispel Turning on any undead they can effect; an ability that serves them well when they or their their pack is menaced by clerics of Pelor.
A Master cam use a Dispel Turning Control undead attempt to attempt to break another's control over a potential minion but the closest ancestor always wins such contests. A Master of the undead may not steal undead currently controlled by the Control Spawn ability or by the Master of the undead class abilities of a Master who is an ancestor in closer progenitorial relation to the potential minion. Such a Master cam always attempt to break the control of more distant relations or Masters who are not "relatives."
To be certain of control over a valued minion a Master must control or at least scare off ay other Masters who the minion in question is descended from. The sole exception to this is that a controller whose power over the undead is completely bequeathed upon them by a divine patron who cam revoke such largess. Such a deity cam always attempt to usurp control from its worshipers or simply revoke the power to control undead.

Their ability to rebuke the undead now expands to include the "second generation" removed from themselves; they may treat undead created by the undead they have made as having been created by the Master himself. This creator by proxy affect continues along line of descent at third level the Master cam use their abilities on their spawn's spawn's spawn.

boister:By third level a Master who otherwise lacks the ability gains the ability to boister undead that they could rebuke.

Communion with the Distant Minion:Communion with the Distant Minion:
Distance is not an obstacle to Masters regarding spawn of their own linage. The Master may make a control attempt against undead descended from them at amy time over any distance either targeting a particular individual of which they know or a general area such as a particular city that might contain a descendent of a close enough generation to affect. This last ability only is possible against direct descendent of the Master who are within one generation per level of the Master of the undead class mot extending to other undead however similar in type (as per Dominate the kindred Spirt below).

Always on Your Mind: Regardless their ability to control affected undead, a rebuke attempt would have been "control"-for a evil cleric the Master may choose to establish "contact."
Likewise any other mental control even of the living (including Dominate and Children of the night vampire abilities) allows the option of this mental communion though Mind Blank or Protection from Evil will temporarily block it.
While not a form of direct control, nor dose it allow mind reading this insidious ability assures that the Master's pawns are forever under their thumb. The Master can, at will, by concentration, use the full sensory aspects of the spell Dominate, subject to the same limitations, with any subject under control. The Master may if they choose, mentally communicate with these subjects or remain silent leaving the subject unaware that their senses are being used.
Bluff role to give subject an idea they are under no particular obligation to act on, an uncharacteristic thought will be ignored as a bizarre thought or detected as an out side inference.
may remote rebuce/boyster-alows mental contact as per Dominate and a bonus on sense motive during contact
Minion isn't aware of contact with a master that doesn't chose to issue mental communication

¿At higher levels as scrying ?/day
A cleric turning or controlling the controlled minion temporarily breaks this link for 10 rounds(or one minuet the same amount of time a turning/rebuking or boister undead effect would last) but a Master cam always reestablish their connection to minions they created if the Master's abilities are strong enough the minion. Some DMs might consider other beings besides undead to be included as 'created' but it definitely includes undead

Dominate the kindred Spirt:Dominate the kindred Spirt: By fifth level the Master's rebuking abilities extend to any undead of the Master's own kind (shadow wraith etc.). An epic level Master (Master of the Dead level 11 or above) may use their rebuke ability on any undead or deathless regardless of their origin or the Master's type(if any).

Bonus Feat:

marked up copy
20 non epic levels contributing to turn resistance and rebuking for affective 30 levels of abillity
Filling up levels not already in other classes or in undead HD Gish for saleint abillity

Master of the Undead

http://Picture URL

Why Childe?
You ask me why?
--Joseph ghast
and self-styled "Master of Westmarket Township"
to Marrgette his spawn

Many heros like to believe that they and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check yet they never think to question what organizes territorial undead that seem to exhibit no control over each other in to organized groups. The answer is the seldom seen but widely influential elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by character level in more common classes a few exceptional individuals gain great influence over their less dominate fellows. Eventually most of these "Masters" seclude themselves from dangerous adventurers but their influence is still felt. Even discarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitored as potential future rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentions of crusading want to be Van Helsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few undead the less ambitious creatures are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instinct the most intelligent obeying out of fear the undead seldom other feel.

BECOMING A "MASTER OF THE DEAD"
Many heros like to believe that they and their kind are what keep the hungry dead's numbers in check yet they never think to question what organizes territorial undead that seem to exhibit no control over each other in to organized groups. The answer is the seldom seen but widely influential elusive Master of the Undead. While others of their kind advance by Hit Dice or by character level in more common classes a few exceptional individuals gain great influence over their less dominate fellows. Eventually most of these "Masters" seclude themselves from dangerous adventurers but their influence is still felt. Even discarded minions and outgrown peers must be monitored as potential future rivals and rules must be laid down to avoid the attentions of crusading want to be Van Helsings. Once such a Master has touched the minds of a few undead the less ambitious creatures are changed forever. The less intelligent behaving by rote instinct the most intelligent obeying out of fear the undead seldom otherwise feel.

Seldom trained to this class the rare individual who stiles themselves "the Master" (as they usually do) most often learns by experience. Certain exceptionals among those who spend excessive time amongst the undead find that wether through practice example or being victimized themselves find after a time that they obeyed by the creatures more often thai others. Often even heeded when it would normally be impossible to issue orders to the undead through normal arcane or divine abilities.
If undead themselves such individuals are notoriously hard to control themselves and are usually hunted by older more established Masters who jealously monitor packs of undead.

This form of talent is truly torturously learned not inborn and almost never taught...
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
: Human level Intelligence and exceptional force of personality (Charisma 16+)
(Yes is very differanent from the standard requirement and needs to be fixed. I think I could get away with "human level or greater Intelligence" -maybe but realy could use a sugestion on how to mechanicaly limit this class to those whith truly exceptional FORCE of WIll--Charisma is not "looks" or being "likeable"
I could quote Gygax on Europian dictators or more recent writers on sit-com charaters or the oregenal red-to-black robed mages as examples of ugly unlikeable highly chrismatic achetypes but I thik you all get it.
This is (slowly) becoming the accepted standard for undead anyway. This still is too out of place. Please; I know someone has a better idea.)
: Skills:Intimidate 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcane) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Another skill relating to the undead may be substituted for Knowledge (religion).
: More Skills: Diplomacy or Handle Animal 2 ranks; Sense Motive or Bluff 2 ranks.
: Ability to channel positive or negative energy as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, including turn or rebuke undead or ability drain.
: Ability to create undead as an extraordinary, supernatural or spell-like ability, such as the create spawn ability.
: Base Will save 5+, or Iron Will feat.
: Must be fully advanced in any monster or template class.
(This is here solely to preserve continity and allow you to see what I'm tryig to edit into ledgibility.
Is this a mess? Too complex? Want to be reachable for creatures advancing by undead HD but not to easy-also see "Class Sçills" below.)

(Too many and too much yes...but...
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, and Sense Motive,
are I feel nessisary for the class and I'm very woryed about cutting out anything that is being used as:
-a requiremet;
-is concedered de rigare for the pacç hunter they used to be;
-is needed for the slight castting options I thinç they should have.
Any one thinç I could get away with:
Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis)?)
Skill points per level: 6 + Int modifier-dead wyth smarts get 4 but few of the scylls. Wyll four styll fly or should yt be 6 for the class?
Skills Points at Each Level: ? + int

(Will I get a big hew and cry if I lower this. I am worryed it would be a distacttion to explane that this class could be taçen by the living; if a particular Master has a racial or racialvtemplate abillity that pertainse to "all past or fueture HD" it of course supercedes this; and lastly that UNDEAD DON'T ALL ALWAYS HAVE ALL d12s AS THE SRD IS WRITEN ANY MORE THAN ALL HUMAOIDS GET ALL d-eights!! I'm trying to write a class not coment on racial HD.
)

Table:The Master of the Dead
{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | Spellike
1st | +0 | +0 | +0 | +2 | resistances,cow the rebellious child, Dark authority innate Salient Abilities| innate Salient Abilities +1
2nd | +1 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Succor the fear-struck child |
3rd | +2 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Boister, N, L|
4th | +3 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Communion with the Distant Minion, C | innate Salient Abilities +1
5th | +3 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Always on Your Mind, M, T |
6th | +4 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Dominate the Kindred Spirt, C, R |
7th | +5 | +2 | +2 | +5 | D, R | innate Salient Abilities +1
8th | +6 | +2 | +2 | +6 | B, E, M |
9th | +6 | +3 | +3 | +6 | R |
10th | +7 | +3 | +3 | +7 | D | innate Salient Abilities +1[/table]

Class Abilities:

resistances: A Master of the Undead gains a comprehensive suite of resistances including:

-resistance to the opposing will: turn resistance equal to 2/class level plus 1 per preexisting or subsequently gained level or HD that doesn't improve turn resistance.
i.e. Maximum resistance to turning attempts of (2/Master of the Dead level)+(1/all other class or racial levels)
As their will grows the Master becomes very hard to dominate. All such leaders of the undead are roughly as hard to drive off or control regardless of what they were before.
-resistance to the emptiness within:Yf the Master must feed off the living they may binge on one day to delay when they next must feed. If not otherwise described assume the average undead can store one fourth of a days feeding per Hit Dice or level. The Master counts each class level as two HD for such purposes.
-resistance to the bane of life: As their power among the Living dead grows the Master of the Dead grows resistant to the frailties of life. The Master gains a bonus to saves verses poison disease ability drain or to remove a negative level equal to +1/class level.

(Poor wording:
Bonus to saves large bonus to turn resistances
I feel disproportional turn resistances is necessary to make this (ideally rare undead) hard to control.
Is it too confusing to throw in resistances for the living?)
(the preservation of the one saving grace of the PrCs aimed at vampires in so many expansions both third party aid official like The Book of Vial darkness. Namely the mechanic that allows them to build a reserve of "hunger satisfaction" so they don't have to eat people as often-but still must eat the same amount of people. if eating people becomes something they CAN do instead of MUST do it's just a combat ability not a reason to be a walking blight on the face of creation)

Cow the Rebellious Child: The Master may take unique advantage of successful rebuking. The special insight of the true Master is such that they can use the terror so seldom felt by the living dead to use the skills Intimidate Bluff Diplomacy and Handle Animal on them. The Master of the Dead may use these skills without any penalty on any undead (or deathless) that is at all susceptible to them. What is more after successfully rebuking a creature the Master can use these skills on them even if they are normally immune to such manipulation even conditioning very simple response in the mindless or training the lower intelligence just like another would train an animal.
With repeated applications of Rebuke Undead and enough time even extremely strong willed√amid intelligent un-living beings may be conditioned and brainwashed. (see player's handbook and The Book of Vile Darkness for these skills.) For conditioning treat the non-intelligent as animals that may remember at most two "tricks that an animal could be pushed to perform; at best opening a door in response to a simple stimulus. Undead of animal intelligence may be trained just as animals.
For every class level the Master has plus their charisma bonus they may extend the range of "trainability" on intelligence point above animal intelligence and train an additional student at a time provided the lesions are similar. This is an unthinking response caused by fear and pain but creatures of human intellect are still as capable of complex tasks.
A Master that can boister their subjects can add pleasure to the mix giving them a bonus to their skill checks of plus four. Controlled undead are automatically trained and if the subject has ever had the Master demonstrate the Always on Your Mind ability (see bellow) on on them they will be very afraid that they could be silently watched by the Master at any time (must judge based on past circumstance and likelihood of punishment whither this counts as in the Master's presence on a case by case basis).
Poor wording:
? comfussymg?
)
innate Salient Abilities:

Succor the fear-struck child:Succor the Fearstruck Child: By second level a Master's control has-expanded such that even without the benefit of a divine patron they may influence more of the undead and to a greater degree. They may now use Dispel Turning on they can effect undead an ability that serves them well when they or their their pack is menaced by clerics of Pelor.
A Master cam use a Dispel Turning Control undead attempt to attempt to break another's control over themselves or a potential minion they wish to steal but the closest ancestor always wins such contests. A Master of the undead may not steal undead currently controlled by the Control Spawn ability or by the Master of the undead class abilities of a Master who is an ancestor in closer progenitorial relation to the potential minion and such a Master cam always attempt to break the control of more distant relations or Masters who are not "relatives." To be certain of control over a valued minion a Master must control or at least scare off ay other Masters who the minions in question is descended from. The sole exception to this is that a controller whose power over the undead is completely bequeathed upon them by a divine patron who cam revoke such largess. Such a deity cam always attempt to usurp control from its worshipers or simply revoke the power to control undead.

boister:By third level a Master who otherwise lacks the ability gains the ability to boister undead that they could rebuke.

Communion with the Distant Minion:Communion with the Distant Minion:
Distance is mot am obstacle to Masters regarding spawn of their own linage. The Master may make a control attempt against undead descended from them at amy time over amy distance either targeting a particular individual of which they know or a general area such as a particular city that might contain a descendent of a close enough generation to affect. This last ability only is possible against direct descendent of the Master who are within one generation per level of the Master of the undead class mot extending to other undead however similar in type (as per Dominate the kindred Spirt below).

Always on Your Mind:Always on Your Mind: Regardless of ability to control if result would have been control-for a evil cleric establishes "contact"
Amy other mental control (including Dominate and children of the night) establish contact
Mind Blank Protection from Evil blocks
At higher levels as scrying ?/day

Dominate the kindred Spirt:Dominate the kindred Spirt: By fifth level the Master's rebuking abilities extend to any undead of am undead Master's own kind (shadow wraith etc.). An epic level Master (Master of the undead level 11 or above) may use their rebuke ability on any undead or deathless regardless of their origin or the Master's type(if any).

Bonus Feat:

blackjack217
2010-10-21, 06:53 PM
Put it in Microsoft word first and then spell check, will save you some time.

Kernik
2010-10-21, 07:47 PM
actualy BlacJac Ah'm typymg blymd wyth myssymg Ceys.
Ah fully expect at thys poymt to be erased or yf the Mods are mersyful; to be asced/told to remove thys myself.
My poymt: spellchec cam't realy help me;
Ah have cut/paste %$% as well...& charaters mot used ym emglysh
Thamc-you though Ah've tryed. Yt was a good sugestyom.

Peregrine
2010-10-23, 10:41 AM
Actually I think S.E.T.I. should have you on speed dial.

Heehee. :smallbiggrin:

I haven't had a chance to really go through your updated version yet, but I don't think anyone will mind at all if the class gets less than d12s. A creature type having a certain hit die doesn't mean that classes for/related to that creature type must have it, as you yourself point out. At most, undead getting d12 hit dice justifies, but does not require, Masters of the Undead having d12s too.

Also, on class skills: you could cut some and replace them with class features, if you feel they're essential. Specifically, instead of Handle Animal as a skill, have a "handle undead" class feature -- just like druids get a Diplomacy work-alike in wild empathy.

My general suggestion remains: simplify, simplify, simplify!

Eikonos
2010-10-24, 09:06 AM
Would it be ok if tried to clear and arrange this into a more reader-friendly version ??

I might have some free time in the evening...you're game ?? :smallsmile:

Kernik
2010-10-24, 07:40 PM
Honestly, Eikonos, I welcome any attempt at help or collaboration; I believe, rightly or wrongly, that someone should make this. it obviously is beyond me though. At least at the moment.

Maybe, I'd do better at a later date, or when I solve my technical problems; or I might not get to it, my life has some issues at the moment and will 'till after the Holiday. If anyone sees anything at all worthwhile yn any part of this, it would be for the best if they ran with it. I'd be flattered and grateful; also I is so much easier to understand, PEACH, critique or improve if I'm cleaned-up; just look what Peregrine did, it begins to look like the draft of a !class!! Thank-you very, much Peregrin!!.

Originally Posted by Peregrine:I haven't had a chance to really go through your updated version yet...

Please≥ only do so if you want to, or if you see something in this morass worth pan-shifting out. I really am impressed you understood it so well..

Originally Posted by Peregrine:
Heehee.
Seriously, you should here some of the other stuff I get when I'm lIke this...

Originally Posted by [QUOTE]Originally Posted by Quantumboost: (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/User:Quantumboost)
It appears to be an experimental AI with damaged hardware which likes to read about tabletop games, despite having no physical body with which to play them.

Originally Posted by TelGar: (http://www.smartmonsters.com/TriadCity/Players/index.jsp)
I thought you were role playing drunk very, very good job role playing how drunk your character was but some of the stuff you type doesn't look like language somedays and you must realilize you've just spent 45 mins trying to impress an Elisa program with your wit....are you hammered, honey? Are you real?

..to be continued...
your 1st posting gave me allot to deal with, Peregrin, and my response speed is very slow...
How to "simplify"? What to cut out? Yf I was any good at seeing where to streamline things I wouldn't need suggestions so badly. Foreseeing accusations of being under powered if it was ledgible
...some time later...
Or maybe not. Still I don't believe I'm giving much for a "PC-level" class; Yf I am then it is a problem with my execution and that i need to, as you say, Peregrine, simplify the mechanic. I have a fairly clear idea what I want to implement; I keep thinking the game really needs it, and I'm still actually hoping that a more experienced homebrewer fills this need--someone must have somewhere. I just can't find it, though I've seen lots of attempts, from extremely dedicated "homebrewers" (http:////dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_Necromancy_(3.5e_Sourcebook)/New_Rules#Becoming_Undead), third party publishers (http:////grandwiki.wikidot.com/asv) and even core(-ish) books (http:////www.amazon.com/Libris-Mortis-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying/dp/0786934336).
I've just started reading Liber Mortis (http:////www.amazon.com/Libris-Mortis-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying/dp/0786934336), aµd yes, if you've been one to tell me so: it has allot to say on the subject. I still feel the trope of "the local master" among the undead still hasn't been done right. My goal-which I think is important, if maybe beyond my skill to execute, is to create a few tools of good utility for a potential boss-of-the-undead villain-whether they are running around a graveyard in a one-off dungeon crawl≥ or they are a major antagonist w¥th aµ unseen-hand. Something roughly comparable to a one-challenge-rating per level class that explains the seeming organization undead so often exhibit. I'd prefer being slightly under powered as the alternatives are all as over the top as I ended up being.

I see this creature in popular culture:

--ability to have some control or influence over "freed" spawn-particularly through bullying.
--ability to occasionally when desperate measures are called for drive nuance monsters at heros like a warlord drives living mooks--be they orks or human bandits. The hungry dead don't get the "They are more scared of me than of you" treatment of the enough.
--the ability for a vampire whose domination of a PC has worn off to subtlety goad PC towards a goal without feeling "railroaded."
--a reason for undead to cull their own numbers and explain why isolated villages without a "hero" to their name are not overrun by selfish self-perpetuating hoards of the spawning types of undead.
--a way to insert an undead overlord as seen in so much source material into an existing undead colony i.e.:"The Master is in town."
--somehow do all that while still staying less powerful than most "undead hoard masters" end up being--there should be faster roads to greater more secure power so this "villain-class" is less attractive to P.C.-but still worth taking for style reasons.

I'm also trying to preserve the one saving grace of the PrCs aimed at vampires in so many expansions≥ both third party aµd official≥ like The Book of Vile darkness. Namely the mechanic that allows them to build a reserve of "hunger satisfaction" so they don't have to eat people as often-but still must eat the same amount of people. if eating people becomes something they CAN do instead of MUST do it's just a combat ability≥ not a reason that they are a walking blight on the face of creation. Yt should be open to all "spawning" undead of intelligence, maybe even creatures of merely animal intelligence, and even the living (to allow for creatures that spawn and rule undead but are typed as other than undead) but still be very rare-at least it should be rare to have more than a few levels yn this class.

The necessities of the trope I'm trying to realize, as I see them:

(Yes I'm still trying to plant a seed of an idea for a better or more capable writer to bring to fruition.)

The "Master" should be able...

...to be at lowest levels to be slightly but significantly harder for those farther in class and holy folks to effect--at highest levels being a significant stand- out from their own minions. This is often seen in source material the boss blows the curve for the ability to withstand the presentation of holy icons -at least when it really matters to them!!
...to share !some! of this strength with minions, sometimes at close range if it is important; when it is really important at a great distance.
...to enforce their will on other undead, at low levels
...to, at high levels completely rule most, but not so complete as to be foolproof or not have treachery.
...to have a reason to be in a constant state of cold war with other masters, with no clear pecking order in close matches
...to spy through the eyes of others even those like say a heroic love interest of a group of hunters who is sure she has resisted mind control.

The Glyphstone
2010-10-24, 10:12 PM
Great Modthulhu: Fixed your accidental triplepost for you. Cheers.

Burble.