PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tyranid Colour scheme! please!?

Flail_master
2010-10-21, 10:56 AM
OK basically last few days or so i been thinkin of redoing my colour scheme, it used to be a very dark brown flesh with a bright bright orange carapace and bone white ribs and talons

now im thinkin of changing the carapace colour, either dark green or dark red

im open to suggestions and pictures are welcomed, i would like to keep to the dark brown skin (Scorched brown with Dark flesh heavily drybrushed on top) since my hive tyrant is already painted and id like to avoid repainting and losing detail, carapace has little detail and therefore is easier repainted

but yeh carapace colours or complete overhauls, feel free to suggest and show.

my available colours to hand are:
- scorched brown
- Dark flesh
- red gore
- scorpion green
- bleached bone
- sunburst yellow
- Golden yellow
- fiery orange
- Brown ink

obviously i can buy more :smalltongue:

EDIT: Also i am making some ymgarl stealers, was thinkin of colouring with a bone white carapace as a sorta, blank slate sorta thing, what ye think?

OOO actually what're your thoughts on bone white carapace for my whole army, would that look good? :smallbiggrin:

Robert Blackletter
2010-10-29, 11:45 AM
Well had a friend you had purple and yellow, which looked kinda awesome, maybe give it a go

dsmiles
2010-10-29, 12:28 PM
I bought some 'nids for use with DnD, and painted them with an ultramines blue body (washed with a dark blue and highlighted with a lighter blue), warlock purple tongues, yellow eyes, and the carapace was blazing orange, (washed with red, highlighted with blood red).

Winterwind
2010-10-29, 01:57 PM
I think more people might notice your query if you posted it in the actual Warhammer models thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165463). That's what it's for, after all, and there are a lot more people who have subscribed to it (also, that whole 'not having multiple threads on the same topic'-thing). :smallwink:

Flail_master
2010-10-30, 04:08 AM
I think more people might notice your query if you posted it in the actual Warhammer models thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165463). That's what it's for, after all, and there are a lot more people who have subscribed to it (also, that whole 'not having multiple threads on the same topic'-thing). :smallwink:

thanks for the link, but i actually just found a good colour scheme for my nids now
dark angels green carapace with a scorpion green highlight, with the same skin and bones

so i wont need to repost :smalltongue: but thanks anyways

also @Robert Blackletter: it surprising you should say that actually, cos i tried that once when i was a lesser painter... it looked terrible the way i did it lol :smalltongue: