PDA

View Full Version : Wrecking Constructs as a 10th level binder?

subject42
2010-10-21, 01:23 PM
I'm going back to playing (as opposed to DMing) this weekend and I just cooked up a 10th level character to play. I didn't want to overwhelm any of the other players, so I made a caster-style binder. My main concern right now is that the DM loves, and I mean really loves constructs. Other than "hit them a lot", what is the best way to deal with constructs as a binder?

Psyren
2010-10-21, 02:18 PM
Hit them a lo-

Okay, kidding :smallwink:

You are in a bit of luck here- binder abilities are supernatural, so any SR or immunity the constructs possess won't stop your more magical attacks, like Focalor's lightning. Having said that... I know you want to be a caster but without Anima Mage, Binders are more gish-focused, at least early on.

subject42
2010-10-21, 02:32 PM
Hit them a lo-

Okay, kidding :smallwink:

You are in a bit of luck here- binder abilities are supernatural, so any SR or immunity the constructs possess won't stop your more magical attacks, like Focalor's lightning. Having said that... I know you want to be a caster but without Anima Mage, Binders are more gish-focused.

Holy crap. I forgot about that part! Does DR apply to Focalor or Otiax-like attacks?

Psyren
2010-10-21, 02:47 PM
Holy crap. I forgot about that part! Does DR apply to Focalor or Otiax-like attacks?

DR applies only to physical attacks - however, Otiax's Air Blast does count, so any DR except DR/bludgeoning will indeed apply.

DR does nothing to Energy attacks (like Focalor's lightning) - the target will need energy resistance (or immunity) to counter those.

thompur
2010-10-21, 03:30 PM
Amon would actually work pretty well, too, since you'ld get a 10d6 fire blast out of it. Granted it's only once every 5 rds, but with Focalor's 4d6 every round lightning, you're still good.