PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Deadly Evil: term1nally s1ck (solo)

Cadian 9th
2010-10-21, 07:31 PM
DM

The room you 4 stand in is 100ft wide and 100ft deep. There are several burning torches on the walls, and the carpeted floor is a dull red. At the north wall is a door, in the center of the wall: a large double door with a big heavy wooden look and metal doorknobs. A plate of metal fixed on the door reads Room 1 -"Business as Usual...".

The Eastern wall has 4 cubes, which glow with magic. They are signed as "Magic-Mart". A sign reads "Re-Rolls! Control your fate. Now for just 500gp, max 3 per customer, not available anywhere else. If we sell out, you miss out!"

The Western wall contains a series of empty Potraits. The Southern Wall has 4 "Phone Boxes", labelled "Save? Reload?"

You are aware of some rules, as listed on each phone box. You cannot create an effect that would render you unkillable. You cannot teleport outside of the room you are in. You cannot burrow beyond the boundries of the room you are in. You may not step on the grass.

Your objective is to reach the top floor. Says a glowing orb like creature, in a musical tone. Once you have, you will be rewarded! He says, before floating around and fading away.

Do as you wish here, buy any magic items etc, heal, cast pre-combat spells, talk if you want.

Extra (Since the above is copypasta)
Some of the encounters are slightly modified but it's more or less the normal tower. Let's see what your char can do!

term1nally s1ck
2010-10-22, 06:55 AM
It'll likely be a couple of days before I can put the char in...my original list of buffs is on my laptop (away for repair, will be returned by the end of next week), and I need to move the party buffs to solo buffs.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-22, 06:14 PM
Cool. Just post when ready and you can take on this level. :smallsmile:

Cadian 9th
2011-02-12, 02:20 AM
Don't suppose you're up for this, eh?

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-12, 02:31 AM
To be honest, it'd be too much work to try and ensure I had the right spell list, spent my money efficiently, and had a practical offence against most things. Plus, the limit on attacks and the change in class limit nixed a couple of the builds I had as a solo char.

Having said that though, I'm tempted to make a slightly lower-opt but weirder build, using VoP and either Binder or Psion as the 'caster' side.....

Cadian 9th
2011-02-12, 07:09 PM
If you like, I'll reduce the encounters to an easier level and you can run through that way. Alternatively, you could make 4 characters and play them. I'd be happy to supply two if you like, since I have a few spares floating around. Up to you.

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-12, 07:36 PM
I'll make a quick VoP Binder//factotum/warblade/other cool things, won't be as powerful as the original build, but very little would be. 1000+ damage on round 1, AC in the stratosphere, immunity to most effects, including disjunction (well, not technically immune, just capable of redirecting it at the caster as a free action.) and most types of dispel, and a pile of spells just in case. Too much bookkeeping to do the wbl and the leftover pile of spells tho.

Should be ready tomorrow.

Cadian 9th
2011-02-12, 07:58 PM
Alrighty, sounds fun.

Oh, and I agree. Vow of Poverty, like Factotum, Beguiler's spell casting and other things like that, just makes it so much easier.