PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Deadly Evil: theterran, redmane (Duo)

Cadian 9th
2010-10-21, 07:34 PM
DM

The room you 4 stand in is 100ft wide and 100ft deep. There are several burning torches on the walls, and the carpeted floor is a dull red. At the north wall is a door, in the center of the wall: a large double door with a big heavy wooden look and metal doorknobs. A plate of metal fixed on the door reads Room 1 -"Business as Usual...".

The Eastern wall has 4 cubes, which glow with magic. They are signed as "Magic-Mart". A sign reads "Re-Rolls! Control your fate. Now for just 500gp, max 3 per customer, not available anywhere else. If we sell out, you miss out!"

The Western wall contains a series of empty Potraits. The Southern Wall has 4 "Phone Boxes", labelled "Save? Reload?"

You are aware of some rules, as listed on each phone box. You cannot create an effect that would render you unkillable. You cannot teleport outside of the room you are in. You cannot burrow beyond the boundries of the room you are in. You may not step on the grass.

Your objective is to reach the top floor. Says a glowing orb like creature, in a musical tone. Once you have, you will be rewarded! He says, before floating around and fading away.

Do as you wish here, buy any magic items etc, heal, cast pre-combat spells, talk if you want.

EXTRA:
Maybe another will join in, but this instance of the Tower is pretty much the same. Good luck to you all, Pelor rest your soul. :smallbiggrin:

redmane
2010-10-21, 08:36 PM
A tiny dragon with dark scales and translucent wings pops in the room, and scurries around inquisitively.

- Where am I? What is this place?

He didn't really address anyone in the room, hardly expecting an answer - he just liked to talk, especially in such a demanding situation. Still muttering something under his breath, he approached the magic mart, and studied it for some time - then shook his head, and moved towards the glowing orb. There he paused, still wondering whether he's alone in this place, or not.

EDIT: OOCSheet is here (http://dndonlinegames.com/profiler/view.php?id=16700)

theterran
2010-10-21, 09:42 PM
A human pops into the room.

"Woah, well I won't be touching THAT again..."

He gives the place a once over...

"Well...wonder where this is..."

He listens to the orb...

"The top floor huh...well...since I apparently can't leave...I might as well..."

OOC:
I plan on doing a lot of communicating ooc...:smalltongue:
So do we need a tank, or what? I'm going to Planar Bind something, if it's permitted...I just need to know what I need to look for :smallcool:
Plus...I gotta pick out all my prepared spells...:smallsigh:
And figure out how much HP I should have...:smallredface:

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 12:01 AM
A Short boy in strange blue pajama just appeared in the place, he was holding sheet of paper that started disintegrating quickly when it fell from his hand. He looked around blinking. Then he looked at the two other people being here and spoke.

"Is that the tournament grounds ?"

After listening to the Tower's voice he sighed and flexed his muscles before going to the magic-mart, producing piece of plastic on the way. He bought some gloves, before plastic card suddenly whinned and showed up ugly red zero on it's surface. Clearly irritiated, he stomped his foot fev times, smell of ozone surrounding him as his hair stood up ith small traces of electricity running along his body. He turned to the rest of people and greeted them with a strange gesture.

"Sorry for the lack of introduction. My name's Rory Roar, disciple of the Elemental Maelstrom school, pleased to meet You. Hope we could get along well."

OOC:
Charsheet:http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=8988
I can post 1/day regularly, is that okay ? And maybe we could arrange some tactis ?:smallsmile:

redmane
2010-10-22, 06:45 AM
- Whoa! You startled me! - the dragon probably could've jumped in surprise, were he not already in the air.

- Nirk! Nirk I am! Nirk the musician, and healer, and master of shadow and cold, yes, that's all me. I'm sure we'll get along well, as I can be of much use, I can!

OOC:And now for the list of what I can :smallbiggrin:

+9d6 sonic and +1d6 cold damage to all your melee and ranged attacks, due to Dragonfire Inspiration and Persistent Snowsong

Snowsong also gains you fast healing 1, cold resistance 15, +4 morale to CHA and attack rolls, and +4 insight to AC

Persistent Haste gives you another +1 untyped to attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex, +30' to all speed modes, and an extra attack at your highest bonus

Marshal auras give you one of: +19 to initiative (when DEX aura is on, usually just before the battle); +19 to INT-based skills (usually when traveling, for trapfinding boost; also used to boost Knowledge Devotion); or +19 to defeat SR checks (active during battle, as most of my spells allow SR). There's also a major aura that could give you +1 to either melee or ranged attack, but that one's peanuts

In combat, I:
1) scare the stuff out of their pants as a free action, due to Persistent Fear;
2) freeze stuff in their tracks as a free action, due to Persistent Freezing Glance;
3) throw all sorts of battlefield control - fogs, tentacles, walls of whatever - optionally augmented by Fell Drain, for sucking them dry of levels every time they take damage

theterran
2010-10-22, 07:02 AM
OOC:
:smalleek:
Then what do you need me for? Sounds like you've got everything covered...
And I'm thinking I might have to make another character...and abuse some Templates...:smallbiggrin:

Actually, I'm gonna gank some of your character for my next one :smallwink:

(edit)
And I'm not sure that Turn Undead Attempts stack...the Turn attempts and the Rebuke attempts should stack, but I"m not sure about turn attempts from two separate classes...

redmane
2010-10-22, 07:53 AM
OOC:I like company :smallbiggrin: You have your fun while I have mine. Just because I could take the tower all by myself, doesn't mean it's fun to do so.

Yes, and while Turn Undead attempts usually don't stack with themselves, they certainly do stack with the Destroy Undead attempts (cleric ACF from Expedition to the Castle Ravenloft)

And yes, feel free to jack any parts of this build you feel like - I've spent quite a while perfecting it, with a file in one hand, and fine sandpaper in another, so I'm quite proud of it, yes I am :smallwink:

theterran
2010-10-22, 09:16 AM
OOC:
Would Greater Turning from Radiant Servant of Pelor be separate like that?

redmane
2010-10-22, 09:34 AM
OOC:Looks like it should. It's up to Cadian, of course. Wonder whether it's available for non-pelorites though.

EDIT: so, are you making a new character, or going ahead with this one?

theterran
2010-10-22, 09:41 AM
OOC:
Both :smallsmile:
What type of Demon/Devil/Evilness should I Planar Bind? A Tank?

redmane
2010-10-22, 09:45 AM
Umm... anything that can get the enemies that I can't scare... or anything with good cleric casting, in the (unlikely) event that we succumb to ability or energy drain. But, generally, bind whatever suits your fancy - let's go stylish :smallcool:

EDIT: also, make sure to apply all the bonuses I listed on your sheets

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 09:57 AM
Rory bowed slightly to the dragon, again making weird welcoming kung-fu gestures.
"I'm honored to fight by the side of enlightened one."

And stared sheepishly as the two exchanged glances ...

OOC:
Lilitu demon, from "Hordes of the Abyss", advanced to 15 HD or how much You could control safely.

theterran
2010-10-22, 10:19 AM
OOC:
I do not have that splat book...any other suggestions? I was thinking a Bebilith...thoughts?

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 10:42 AM
Rory started doing stretching excersizes, while waiting patiently for the tournament's start.

"Do You know how many levels this tower have ?"

OOC:
Solar, if You manage ... maybe ? Or spam-conjure Efreeti. Milk them for Wishes

theterran
2010-10-22, 10:45 AM
"Sorry, not sure, but you just missed the talking orb...you could have probably asked him..."

OOC:
Sorry, I can only bind 12HD of stuff atm

theterran
2010-10-22, 11:22 AM
OOC:
You still wanting to go Redmane?

redmane
2010-10-22, 11:26 AM
It's up to Cadian, really.

And just to give all others a perspective of what we're talking about - apparently, as per CD errata, DMM only applies to divine spells, thus invalidating most of my build and sending me back to the drawing board.

theterran
2010-10-22, 11:29 AM
And after seeing redmane's build...I realize how underpowered I am...:smallsigh:
Still...I'll continue playing this one while I work on another...so I guess it really depends on Cadian...

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 12:54 PM
"Hey Orb. How many levels the Tower have ?"

Rory thanked and continued with some combat sequence similiar to a hunting cat attacking it's prey. He reapeated it five times, first his hands were hissing loudly, air cracking like over overheating asphalt whenever his strikes went ... creating image of a hawk descending on it's prey. Then he quickened his moves, his arms covered in frost as if his hits were devouring heat from the air ! Image of a polar bear was created from snowflakes, raging at unseen enemy. He stopped for a moment and exhaled foamy mist, before veins popped on his foremarms as blazing inferno engulfwed his body ! This time image created by his strikes reminded of a hunting tiger tearing it's prey. Lastly, when the flames died down his body was cowered in sweat, but each droplet falling to the ground hissed and blackened the floor, unhealthy looking mist rising from his arms as he stroke in fast motion, as if snake attacking it's prey. And image of furious cobra appeared ... even if it was much more blurried than the rest. He stopped his exercise, clearly annoyed by the last result and grumbled something to himself about lack of training. Then he sat in lotus position and started meditiating with sharp intakes of air, and slow and gentle exhalations. He suddenly spoke, his voice calm and curious.

"I know it is rude to ask, but what You two are capable of ? I admit to know little about teamwork, but will do my best to not hinder You. I know a bit about combat, but styles taught my my School are agressive and pressing. I learned also a Second Tier Battle Trance, wich I could enter and grow in power slightly ... not to mention that Arcane Techniques seem to affect me much less when in Battle Trance and my inner strenght replenishes very fast. Of defensive skills I possess little, I was taught to take hits and minimise impact, not to dodge them."

12 HD ? Neat. Try Arcanaloth, it's a daemon wizard 12 lvl. Or, preferably some celestial with clerical casting. And Efreeti have 10 HD as far as memory goes. And can grant wishes.:smallwink:

theterran
2010-10-22, 12:57 PM
As a Malconvoker, it's better if I Bind Evil stuff :smallwink:
What book is an Arcanaloth in?

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 06:02 PM
Don't remember well, planescape maybe. Or MM 2 or MM3. Sorry.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-22, 07:03 PM
OOC:
Uh, yeah. DMM only applies to divine spells... and you've also got to have the relevant metamagic feat. Remember to keep track of what bonuses are what etc, but I can shed some light on the Turning/Rebuking stacking.

For one, you can't actually turn and rebuke undead, since you're supposed to choose. Redmane's guy has it legal (Same with Dread Necromancer and Neutral Cleric, adding in extra turning). If you've got turn/rebuke from two seperate classes, the level just stacks.

redmane
2010-10-22, 07:52 PM
So, Cadian, am I back to the drawing board, or do we continue with these chars while doing the rework? Me, I have no problem canceling the run, not sure if the teammates are up to continuing without me - theterran might be able to cover most of what's needed with the right binds/summons.

I believe I have all my turn attempts legal - Destroy Undead for Cleric level (Expedition to the Castle Ravenloft ACF), then Rebuke Undead from Death Delver (the only way for a good char to gain rebuke, AFAIK), then Turn Undead from Sacred Exorcist. If any of these are no good, let me know, as the updated char will most likely incorporate all of the above anyway. Really, the only part I have to update is Sublime Chord - I'll see if I can replace it with Ur-Priest.

theterran
2010-10-22, 09:13 PM
We can just cancel the run...I'm not very happy with my guy at the moment anyway...

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-22, 11:57 PM
If You wish, let's not push forward against everybody's wishes.:smallsigh:

redmane
2010-10-23, 12:07 AM
And I think I've found an answer to my gripes with arcane spells not being subject to DMM persist: Alternative Source Spell! Assuming, of course, that it's allowed, as it's Dragon material.

EDIT: or not, as it seem to be for prepared casters only :smallsigh:

EDIT: umm... Geomancer?

Cadian 9th
2010-10-23, 12:21 AM
What's the issue? You've been persisting divine spells, right? All you sources for powering DMM are legal. I'm not seeing an issue...

redmane
2010-10-23, 10:05 AM
The issue was that I was trying to DMM persist arcane spells (from Bard and SC), and since DMM only works on divine spells, that kind of invalidated most of my buffs, but I think I've found a way to fix it - Southern Magician feat from Races of Faerun. It allows me to cast arcane spell as divine once per day per 2 spellcaster levels, which is 7 spells at ECL15, just enough to persist most of my buffs. Looks like that Human Heritage was useful for more than just nabbing Able Learner, after all :smallcool:

So, with some minor changes to the sheet, I'm back into play, and we can resume the run, if the rest of the team feels like it.

theterran
2010-10-23, 12:22 PM
Nice find...I'm gonna have to gank that too >< :smallwink:

Cadian 9th
2010-10-23, 06:06 PM
Nice. Find me the errata link for the update and I'll be estatic. Some feats From that book are lovely...

theterran
2010-10-23, 06:33 PM
Why does it need an errata link?

Races of Faerun is 3.5 (I'm pretty sure)
(Nope, it's 3.0...I think) :smallsigh:

(edit)

It was released in March of '03 what does that make it?

redmane
2010-10-23, 08:23 PM
People saying it was reprinted, thus no 3.5 update, I reckon. Me, I couldn't find one.

So, do we continue the tower run, or are we down to rebuilding?

theterran
2010-10-23, 08:28 PM
People saying it was reprinted, thus no 3.5 update, I reckon. Me, I couldn't find one.

In the thread they said it was reprinted as 3.5

So it's both...so it should qualify...yes?

Cadian 9th
2010-10-23, 09:52 PM
Why does it need an errata link?

Races of Faerun is 3.5 (I'm pretty sure)
(Nope, it's 3.0...I think) :smallsigh:

(edit)

It was released in March of '03 what does that make it?

It needs a link so I can show it to DMs when I apply for a game :smallbiggrin: Hey, I like running the tower since I learn lotsa new tricks and tactics from the people who fight here. And get links, combos and more.

Just go ahead, guys, I'm fine with it. Rebuilding'll just bog things down and detract from the game. So rock on, just RIRGB. (Rush into Room, Guns Blazing)

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-24, 12:32 AM
Cadian, we can buy GUNS ?!?:elan:

Cadian 9th
2010-10-24, 01:26 AM
Of course. They're pretty much exotic ranged weapons which don't do much above a bow/crossbow and no feats that boost them... :smallbiggrin:

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-24, 02:13 AM
Really ? Then I wanna C'Tan Power Sword and Necron Gauss Rifle. :smallwink:

By the way do there exist some D20 rules for Space Marines ? I would like to try building one after Rory is done. Also a little question:
Is meeting of PrC prerequesites in the second tier of Gestalt forbidden ? From skimming trough Characters presented by other Players I noticed that so far nobody tried to do this. What I have in mind:
Frostcharger 5/Frenzied Berserker 10//Chaos Totem Barbarian 15 is an example of what I'm curious about.

redmane
2010-10-24, 08:02 AM
Ok, since we're back into the game, let's move all OOC talk where it belongs - in spoilers :smallbiggrin:

OOC:From what I could remember, PrC prerequisites could be met from either side of gestalt

- Impressive! Quite impressive! - replied the dragon.

- A seasoned battle veteran, I like to work with these types. Now, allow me to show what I'm capable of!

He weaved some strange gestures, brandishing his holy symbol - and snow started to slowly fall down, appearing from nowhere. Even though all the surfaces in the room started to develop visible traces of frost, you didn't feel any cold. "You could sleep naked on a glacier now", - chuckled the dragon. The snowflakes melted immediately upon contact, washing down grime and minor skin cuts. "These will stop a severe bleeding, fuse broken bones together, and you'll look like new in no time. Better yet, it's going to last all day - and night, too." You feel the crisp winter air to coagulate around your skin, and you sense that it's capable of deflecting quite a projectile.

- Now, another one!

The dragon paused, and you feel an unseen field enveloping you. You hear the dragon's voice, urging you to be ever vigilant and cautious, as enemies are everywhere - and your senses... "open". Your previous reaction time to the world around you seem hazy and slow, compared to the lightning-fast response you possess now.

- Not bad, eh? But my best trick is better to be activated just before the battle, as it has limited number of uses per day, though it's the most potent. It will enhance all your attacks with the power of Shatter Song, crumbling your enemies with the sonic waves even before you touch them!

OOC: That was Persistent Snowsong, Marshal's DEX aura, and a mention of Dragonfire Inspiration. Sorry, but Persistent Haste had to go, as I didn't have enough divine slots left. I'll add it to the list next level, but in the meantime I'll be casting a regular one instead, every battle

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-24, 09:37 AM
Rory's eyes almost bulged out of his head at first display of the dragon's power. He bowed deeply to him and spoke, with voice trembling with respect.

"The power of the Enlightened Ones is indeed marvelous. I'm twice more honored then with being in You in the same team !"

OOC:
Okay ... That is indeed straigh from "How to be a God(Control Wizard Optimization)" and ... I'm simply speechless. But, could You please add me the bonuses ? Unfortunately I know little about these things.

redmane
2010-10-24, 11:07 AM
- The pleasure is mine, too, - the dragon returned the bow, and continued:

- Now, some powers I possess are not shareable... yet. I've heard of the ways to be able to share these with others, but haven't had a chance to observe and learn these ways so far. Nevertheless, these powers are still quite potent, even if limited to myself only.

He let loose a few syllables of a menacingly-sounding language, and an almost-palpable wave of primal fear enveloped the room. The dragon immediately turned sideways, and the wave subsumed.

He then retrieved a short staff made of blue ice, and brandished it about, weaving yet another incantation. As much as he was trying to avert his glance, you couldn't help but notice how his eyes turn into wintry tombs of blue coldfire. The wall in front of him started to slowly freeze down.

- Try not to get in front of me, and don't meet my gaze, if you can help it, as it's augmented with the powers of everfrost now, and I'm radiating the powerful Phobos aura.

OOC: And this was Persistent Fear and Persistent Freezing Glance. Not sure whether I could suppress it against the party members, so I'm trying to be cautious here.

EDIT: bonus list+9d6 sonic and +1d6 cold damage to all your melee and ranged attacks, due to Dragonfire Inspiration and Persistent Snowsong

Snowsong also gains you fast healing 1, cold resistance 15, +4 morale to CHA and attack rolls, and +4 insight to AC

Persistent Haste gives you another +1 untyped to attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex, +30' to all speed modes, and an extra attack at your highest bonus

Marshal auras give you one of: +19 to initiative (when DEX aura is on, usually just before the battle); +19 to INT-based skills (usually when traveling, for trapfinding boost; also used to boost Knowledge Devotion); or +19 to defeat SR checks (active during battle, as most of my spells allow SR). There's also a major aura that could give you +1 to either melee or ranged attack, but that one's peanuts

Cadian 9th
2010-10-24, 04:52 PM
Really ? Then I wanna C'Tan Power Sword and Necron Gauss Rifle. :smallwink:

By the way do there exist some D20 rules for Space Marines ? I would like to try building one after Rory is done. Also a little question:
Is meeting of PrC prerequesites in the second tier of Gestalt forbidden ? From skimming trough Characters presented by other Players I noticed that so far nobody tried to do this. What I have in mind:
Frostcharger 5/Frenzied Berserker 10//Chaos Totem Barbarian 15 is an example of what I'm curious about.

Correct that to a C'tan phase sword, and a Necron Gauss flayer, and you've got yourself a deal. :smallbiggrin:

I'm not sure what you mean with Tiers, but I do know that you can't enter frenzied berserker at 6th (BA +6 Requirement), and levels cap at 15. So a Fighter 5/Eldritch Knight 10//Wizard 15 is Wizard 15, not Wizard 24.

theterran
2010-10-24, 08:47 PM
@Cadian:
Are we ever going to advance above 15 while we're in the Tower?

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-25, 12:02 AM
"Isn't it right that everybody should fear the dragon ? It's wisdom and martial prowness break the mortal limits after all."

@TheTerran:
As far as I know after clearing level of the Tower we advance to higer character level and go up the floor. We go up the floor after finding Boss and beating it.

@Cadian:
I know, I know. By Tiers I meant the second progression from Gestalt. And ... I created some silly boss guy if You want to look:
Red Armor Wielder
Huge Swordswinger CN
HP: 1000(DR 30/-, Fast Healing 10)
Movement: 40'
AC: 50( Super Heavy Armor +20, Dodge +10, Dex +10);
Full Attack: Slaughterer's Blade +40 (100 dmg that bypassess magical protections, ignores first 20 points of DR) + Bloody Onslaught
Immunities: Power Attack, Golem-like Magic immunity(Mark of Khorne).
Qualities: Bloody Onslaught(If he full-attacks one character, after each successful hit he gets a bonus attack in the next round against said character)
Frenzy(when seriously wounded his attacks became unpredictible, When below 50% HP he gains Pounce and his base attacks increase to d6.)
Saves: Fort +40, Ref +20, Will +20(+40 while frenzied)

redmane
2010-10-25, 06:05 AM
- I think we should proceed with the first room already, - nodded the dragon, moving towards the door cautiously.

OOC:Taking 10 on Search, for +57 (with INT aura), approach the door. If nothing is found, switch to DEX aura (for init bonus) and open the door.

theterran
2010-10-25, 06:37 AM
"Have patience, I must do something first..."

The human begins prepping for a spell.

"Drawing these lines is a delicate science, I would appreciate some time to do this"

OOC

gonna bind something...and I gotta get my spells in order :smallsmile:

redmane
2010-10-25, 08:06 AM
- This looks like a summoning circle to me - are you capable of calling outsiders? That's exciting, I've never been able to master this...

The dragon still proceeded to examine the door, but, instead of opening it, he decided to observe the summoner's ritual.

OOC: Guess that with my bonus, I'd be able to auto-pass the Spellcraft check to identify what you're doing :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 04:57 PM
Nirk:

You don't find anything you don't know about, so no traps. Or maybe you failed on the check....

theterran
2010-10-26, 06:22 AM
Cadian
What's the largest creature size that would be able to maneuver within the tower? Huge? :smallconfused:

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-26, 08:19 AM
Rory approached the summoner's circle cautiously, curiosity evident in his expression.

"Will falling snow not disturb Your technique ? I read in a fairy tale book that summoners can't have their summoning symbols disturbed or they suffer from the wrath of the summoned. Also I heard about fighters summoning animal totem spirits to inherit traits associated with these spirits. But these were mostly from Africa. Lately banned from major tournament for ... how it went ? Ach, supernatural doping."

Mused warrior for a while before walking towards the door examied earlier by the dragon, and he placed his ear against the door ... doing his best to calm himself and ignore the noise of the falling snow or the noises made by summoner. Only concentrating on the noises going from the opposite side of the door.

@TheTerran
I believe You are right, Huge is the top with rooms, on average 100'x100'x30' in size.

@DM
Listen check: [roll0] +plus all bonuses I have no idea about.:smalltongue:

redmane
2010-10-26, 08:44 AM
OOC: Does the falling snow ever makes any noise? Winter is coming, I should check whether this is the case the next snowfall :smallbiggrin:

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-26, 11:42 PM
OOC:
To be honest, I don't remember ... just wrote stuff to have something to blame if I roll pathetic in Listen check.:smallwink:

theterran
2010-10-27, 07:19 AM
OOC:
The more I look at it, the less I actually want to bind anything...let's just go through the door. I'm going to redo my prepared spells to get rid of the bindings and stuff...

redmane
2010-10-27, 08:02 AM
OOC: sure, just let us know when you're done with the spells :smallwink:

theterran
2010-10-27, 08:22 AM
OOC:
I'm done. let's go

redmane
2010-10-27, 08:41 AM
OOC: would've helped if you could post IC that you're not binding anyone right now

theterran
2010-10-27, 08:53 AM
:smalltongue:

Stepping back and looking at his lines...

"Hrmm...that doesn't look quite right...perhaps it's best if I not do this now..."

He is clearly not happy with his work.

"Let's just go on in..."

redmane
2010-10-27, 08:58 AM
Dragon nodded, and, weaving a few more incantations, opened the door...

DM: Haste on everyone, Listening Lorecall on myself, then Inspirational Boost and start the DFI song (use Song of Arcane Power to raise CL to 19 for first two buffs, activate Badge of Valor for the DFI song)

theterran
2010-10-27, 10:04 PM
DM:
Prep going in.
Inertial Armor - Augmented to 15PP to provide 11 AC total
Danger Sense - Augmented to 11PP to get Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge
Mind Blank, Personal - 13PP

39PP spent in total

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-28, 01:05 AM
Rory's grin widened, as if he couldn't wait for the action. Then he stepped between the dragon and the summoner, quietly gathering his inner energy for a suddden burst.

OOC
Readying an action to charge first enemy spotted. But only if it's no more than 60' away.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-28, 03:32 AM
All effects acknowledged, let's kick this off with a bang. You guys enter the next room and see....

DM

Opening the door reveals a room 100 ft by 100ft - There is a door at 5,5 and another at 10,0. The door you came through is at 10,5.

There are two massive troll creatures stading in the center of the room. They wear shining plate armour and carry massive, yet thin, blades which they wield with incredible finesse. They roar a challenge!

" Eh! Get ovr here, so I can put your head on me pointy stick!" One says, and you spot a rack of skulls and fresh heads on his back spike.

Another "monster" rocks up, a halfling with an electric guitar.

Ini: [roll0]
Ini2: [roll1]

Map:

{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10_|
1|||||||B|
2|
3|
4|||||T|T||T|T|
5|||||T|T||T|T|
6|
7|
8|
9|
10|||||X|[/table]

X marks your entrance door.

redmane
2010-10-28, 06:40 AM
OOC: I auto-win this initiative, but just in case it matters which one of us goes first... [roll0]

Dragon ignored the trolls, eyeing up the halfling with interest, anxious to see what tune would he play...

theterran
2010-10-28, 07:07 AM
OOC:
[roll0]+19

Since I have Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge, am I ever considered flat footed? (I ask basically because I need to know if I can take immediate actions even if I lose initiative) :smallsmile:

Hughes can't help but stare at the trolls.

What would be helpful against those things... he thinks.

redmane
2010-10-28, 08:27 AM
OOC: Add +19 to your init, as my aura gives bonus to everyone. Same goes for Rory

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-28, 12:11 PM
Rory smiled to the challengers and spoke seriously to the Troll with trophy rack.

"Kumite* then ? I aceept challenge ! Rock on musican !"

And he became blur ... wich looked like he exploded in flaming lighting striking at the first Troll !

@all
Could we spare halfling and name him Dave ? He could play tunes to make us look cool when pounding enemies.
Kumite - if memory serves means in some asian language death-match. Of course Rory intends to spare enemies to gloat over his greatness later ...

OOC Initiative including bonus from Dragon !

Actions: (swift) Change damage from bludgeoning to fire wich doubles my bonus fire dmg.
(full-round) Pounce Troll to the left (6 squares of movement from 24 avaible used) Tumble [roll1] and Jump last 10' [roll2] .
Used Leap Attack to double Power Attack dmg on charge, using max Power Attack, Shock Trooper to drop penatly to AC, All Out Attack to add +5 to Hit at the expense of AC.

Attack: [roll3] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll5] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll7] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll9] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll11] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll13] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll15] Dmg: [roll]1d10+50+2d6 fire + sonic.
Attack: [roll17] Trip attempt Str check [roll]1d20+4

damage breakdown: 1d10 base, +14 Str and magic bonus, +36 Leaping Power Attack, +2d6 Pride of Fire Warrior.:smallwink:

And if Troll drops, notify me ... because it means another charge at second Troll.

IMPORTANT ! Rory's normal attacks cause subdual damage, wich will take Trolls some trouble since it's fire-based. Trolls will recover from it normally, in HD in Hp per hour. :belkar:

Why Rory is going soft on the Trolls ? He's under delusion that this is friendly competiton.

Stats
HP:125/125 (DR:5/-, Fast Healing 1) SR 25
AC -1; (+3 Dex,+7 Natural, +4 Morale, -1 traits, -18 feat, -2 Charge)
Rage: 4/4
Active Effects: Dragon's buffs ... +9d6 sonic to dmg, +4 AC/Hit/Charisma, Haste and +19 Initiative

redmane
2010-10-28, 01:53 PM
OOC: No way! I sense him playing False Metal! Death to False Metal! We are (or, at the very least, I am) the Kings of Metal!

Hey, I'm a bard, don't forget that! :smallbiggrin:

Dragon fixed his gaze upon all three creatures, shook his head, and terrible words of power thundered in the air!

We're the kings of metal comin' to town
When we light up, have the roof nailed down
Don't try to tell us that we're too loud
'Cause there ain't no f***ing way that we'll ever turn down!!

OOC: Move forward just enough to cover everyone in (free action) Fear DC 33 Will partial (shaken 1 round), then (free action) fix the Freezing Gaze on the leftmost troll - DC 35 Will negates. Finally, Love's Lament on the whole group, for 1d6 WIS damage, and 1d4 rounds of nausea, DC 32 Will negates

redmane
2010-10-28, 07:28 PM
OOC: That's [roll0] WIS damage and [roll1] nausea

theterran
2010-10-28, 07:30 PM
OOC:
Sounds like he's only gonna let you run it once redmane, if you wanna run a 4. I'd quit now.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-29, 12:58 AM
@Theterran, unfortunately, no, Uncanny dodge doesn't let you do immediates when you're flat footed :smallfrown:

Sorry guys, I forget it everytime. The Trolls have mantles of flame. That means if you hit them, you take fire damage. They also have 20ft reach. Does this change anyone's actions?

Also, @Redmane. Waaaah. Boring, boring and boring. Be aware that coming up to within 15' will provoke an AOO... I will roll saves unless you wish to change actions.

theterran
2010-10-29, 07:28 AM
OOC:
Since my Init. is last among the three of us, I'll wait until I see what effect their actions have before I announce my actions.

redmane
2010-10-29, 08:06 AM
OOC: They can get any AoOs they want, let's test just how good my AC is :smallcool: Wait a min. With Flyby attack, I can take the standard anytime during the move - so I'll cast Lament as soon as they all get into 60' cone range, well away from their AoOs. The rest stays the same - freeze one, scare the crap out of all of them. With them failing saves for nausea, I might not even get an AoO at all...

The only change is that I'll probably cast defensively, since I can pretty much auto-pass the ConcPerform check

Also, I was trying to pick some effect that would allow Rory to close with the enemies, that's why it's rather boring... next time I'll throw a Fell Draining Freezing Fog or Black Tentacles instead... teammates beware :smallbiggrin:

theterran
2010-10-29, 08:10 AM
OOC:
I've got a Sculpted Freezing Fog and a Sculpted Solid Fog if needed.

redmane
2010-10-29, 08:15 AM
OOC: Sure, but mine got a small catch in it: Fell Drain will give them a negative level every time they take damage from the spell :smallbiggrin: And yes, Sculpt Spell is a great meta, I'll pick it during one of the levelups, didn't have place for it in the build. Another good one for fogs is Invisible Spell - now they can't move, but can still be targeted by everything.

Rikandur Azebol
2010-10-29, 11:09 AM
All have their breath frozen, when Rory's bullet-time started ... even with Dragon's initial assault proven faster !

@DM

Sorry guys, I forget it everytime. The Trolls have mantles of flame. That means if you hit them, you take fire damage. They also have 20ft reach. Does this change anyone's actions?

Um ... no ? Mantle of Flame have to break trough Rory's SR first, I think. Also, Rory's range is 15' too, so ... does Mantle reach that far ?

OOC
Thanks for consideration Redmane. :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2010-11-01, 03:57 AM
Sorry Guys I'll update tommorrow morning :smallfrown:

Cadian 9th
2010-12-06, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I know this' fallen down the wayside a bit, so I'd like to finish this encounter, give y'all 750 gold each and let you pick which room you go for next. Unexpected Party or They're coming outa tha gawdam walls! ?

redmane
2010-12-07, 06:51 AM
Did they die, or what? Anyway, I'm quite ambivalent as to where to go, either one sounds cool.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-07, 05:00 PM
Let's say they retreated for another day. The song finished anyway. :smallwink:

So, an easy vote from redmane, what about you others?

theterran
2010-12-07, 10:43 PM
Wait, what? :smalleek:

Cadian 9th
2010-12-12, 12:12 AM
The encounter just ended, due to the whole thing being confusing and starved by my absence, so I've ended that encounter and you can now pick what you do (i.e. Where to now?)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 03:36 AM
Bumpity. Bumpity.

KrakaBOOOOOOOOOOM!