PDA

View Full Version : So what maneuvers and stances should... 3.5

gallagher
2010-10-22, 02:55 PM
So what maneuvers and stances should i have as an 8th level crusader?

i know that thicket of blades is a must, foehammer is pretty good and white raven tactics is also required for a good crusader. what else should i be looking at?

Hawk7915
2010-10-22, 04:08 PM
Those three are the best and most powerful. After that it depends...

Big damage dealer: If you want to deal tons of damage/roll tons of dice, consider Divine Surge (+8d8 damage), Bonecrusher , Leading the Charge stance , and Battle Leader's Charge are good options. Use a good TH, and for the charge things consider abilities like Leap Attack to double the bonus for yourself.

"Tank": Revitalizing Strike, Crusader's Strike, and Martial Spirit heal you (or an ally!) up. Stone Bones protects you. Shield Block is nice if you are a Sword and Boarder. Iron Guard's Glare and Defensive Rebuke impose nasty penalties on people who aren't swinging at you (although Thicket of Blades does it better). Don't forget to take Stone Power as one of your feats; Stone Power + Steely Resolve + lots of DR and self-healing = one very hard to kill warrior.

Team Player: Leading the Charge is good here, as is Tactical Strike, most of the healer abilities, and either of the "allies get +4 to hit someone you hit". Tactics of the Wolf is yet another excellent stance for this strategy.

There's some mediocre control options in the Crusader ability list (denying people AoOs, limiting movement), but I think going for some mix of "Tank", "Striker" and "Leader" is a better fit. Personally, I'd go for...

Maneuvers Known: Stone Bones, Crusader Strike, Charging Minotaur, Foehammer, Battle Leader's Charge, White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Divine Surge

Stances Known: Leading the Charge, Martial Spirit, Thicket of Blades

Hope that helps!

Darrin
2010-10-22, 04:50 PM
So what maneuvers and stances should i have as an 8th level crusader?

i know that thicket of blades is a must, foehammer is pretty good and white raven tactics is also required for a good crusader. what else should i be looking at?

Mountain Hammer is a little better than Foehammer, since it also ignores hardness.

What's your primary weapon? If you're going Thicket, then does that mean you've got a reach weapon and lean towards a Stand-Still/Lockdown build?

White Raven Tactics is very, very good (even if your DM rules that you can't use it on yourself). Crusaders tend to be pretty thin on boosts, though, and White Raven 4 has a really great boost: Lion's Roar. That +5 damage works on ranged attacks, too.

Greenish
2010-10-22, 05:16 PM
Mountain Hammer is a little better than Foehammer, since it also ignores hardness.Foehammer can be used when not standing on solid ground, though, and more importantly helps to qualify for other Devoted Spirit maneuvers.