Pages : [1] 2 3

Milskidasith
2010-10-22, 10:43 PM
A continuation of the previous thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169137&page=50

Continue killing each other, people.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:24 AM
So, from the last thread, there were two questions asked of Wheat that didn't get answered yet: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9612059&postcount=1470 and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9612097&postcount=1471 are the posts, just to ensure they don't get lost.

And here's a vote tally:

-------------------------
Post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=169137)
Sotek's unofficial vote tally! Please remember to specify your votes in red.
16 people alive, so 9 is a majority, and 8 is a deadlock.
{table=head]Player|Votes|Voting
Duneyrr|5+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Murska|4|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek
Tydude|4|bruntonspall, Aemoh, Istari, Horoar
[/table]

Duneyrr
2010-10-23, 01:27 AM
Let's shoot for 3! I know we can do it!

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:29 AM
Hello everyone! I've been at a con all day. I AM NOT HIDING I AM LAZY!. (ok too much?)

Can anyone tell me why we've pulled of Dunyrr ? I wouldn't trust him as far as I can through him, and as i said I'm lazy.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:49 AM
Oh right it's 0230... Timezones don't help either I suppose.

bruntonspall
2010-10-23, 03:50 AM
While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy, I'm gonna switch over to Murska as he's someone we all seem to agree is witchy.
Not long left, so lets get it over with and just lynch him up, I want to hear from Aemoh what role Murska had.

Oh can we just get a count in GA's, if Recaiden and Shazam/Dizzy were witches, and Hitaro and Internet Flea weren't does that mean that the GA is tied vote and wont protect, or is there some mechanism for dealing with tie votes that will give Hitaro upper hand? (Did I miss somebody who is dead, I feel like I did for some reason)

Stupid database backup ate this post first time, apologies if it doubleposts

Horoar
2010-10-23, 03:57 AM
While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy

Sadface. Maybe I shouldn't post after a con once high on energy drinks...

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 09:34 AM
While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy, I'm gonna switch over to Murska as he's someone we all seem to agree is witchy.
Not long left, so lets get it over with and just lynch him up, I want to hear from Aemoh what role Murska had.

Oh can we just get a count in GA's, if Recaiden and Shazam/Dizzy were witches, and Hitaro and Internet Flea weren't does that mean that the GA is tied vote and wont protect, or is there some mechanism for dealing with tie votes that will give Hitaro upper hand? (Did I miss somebody who is dead, I feel like I did for some reason)

Stupid database backup ate this post first time, apologies if it doubleposts

Orzel is also dead, and I think he's either town or the JW at most. And I think Aemoh would have said if he was the JW. Or not. So town is 3 of 5 in the GA, one more witch and they tie up. This is bad, right?
Also, I wouldn't trust Murska, though for him to be witchy Hitaro need to be the VH and not have a spyromancer. Maybe we should ask Milskidasith for extra time? Or lynching a townie would be good as we would have GA protection?

Sotek
2010-10-23, 10:27 AM
Orzel is also dead, and I think he's either town or the JW at most. And I think Aemoh would have said if he was the JW. Or not. So town is 3 of 5 in the GA, one more witch and they tie up. This is bad, right?Well. Aemoh said Orzel was town and he wasn't revealing the role.
So unless Aemoh is a WW lover - which there is no way he is - Orzel's not JW.

I mean, if Orzel was JW, hopy bleep, we would seriously want to know! That would impact drastically on the spy, for instance.

That said, if we hit a bulletproof witch - of whom there are probably two left! - then we're in good shape.

Also, I wouldn't trust Murska, though for him to be witchy Hitaro need to be the VH and not have a spyromancer. Maybe we should ask Milskidasith for extra time? Or lynching a townie would be good as we would have GA protection?

DELIBERATELY lynching a townie would be box-of-rocks-dumb. Lynching a guy we're unsure of, who is either the Vampire Hunter or Necromancer ...

... if he's VH, the downside is relatively low - we lose a townie (but we're in good shape numerically, it's just the werewolf who's a problem) but we ensure GA protection forever.

If he's Necromancer, we've killed a witch, one who pretty much everyone could be sure is non-spy, but we lose GA protection and won't get it back until we bounce off a bulletproof witch or two.

OTOH, the guys who we'd lose without GA protection, while really good ... DOB matters, obviously, since we need the WW-killing, but the rest... well. If it gets down to JW vs guys like Nun and Leeroy and Survivalist and the like ... I like our chances.

There's a real argument for going after a different coven-member, since the optimal thing to do for GAs would be to lynch a non-spy warlock.

Post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=169137)
Duneyrr|6+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Murska|4|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek
Tydude|3|bruntonspall, Aemoh, Istari
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 10:31 AM
Well. Aemoh said Orzel was town and he wasn't revealing the role.
So unless Aemoh is a WW lover - which there is no way he is - Orzel's not JW.

I mean, if Orzel was JW, hopy bleep, we would seriously want to know! That would impact drastically on the spy, for instance.

That said, if we hit a bulletproof witch - of whom there are probably two left! - then we're in good shape.

DELIBERATELY lynching a townie would be box-of-rocks-dumb. Lynching a guy we're unsure of, who is either the Vampire Hunter or Necromancer ...

... if he's VH, the downside is relatively low - we lose a townie (but we're in good shape numerically, it's just the werewolf who's a problem) but we ensure GA protection forever.

If he's Necromancer, we've killed a witch, one who pretty much everyone could be sure is non-spy, but we lose GA protection and won't get it back until we bounce off a bulletproof witch or two.

OTOH, the guys who we'd lose without GA protection, while really good ... DOB matters, obviously, since we need the WW-killing, but the rest... well. If it gets down to JW vs guys like Nun and Leeroy and Survivalist and the like ... I like our chances.

There's a real argument for going after a different coven-member, since the optimal thing to do for GAs would be to lynch a non-spy warlock.

Trading priest for the necromancer is a good deal? I really don't know.
Anyway, we only got a couple of hours, right? So we better make up our minds soon, or Aemoh won't get their role.

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 10:33 AM
Double posting before I forget it. Sotek, the post reference is only of the first thread, so you'll need a second one.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 10:46 AM
Trading priest for the necromancer is a good deal? I really don't know.

In general, no, but given that they can, eg, sacrifice to blow him away ANYWAY ...
... they can actually make the trade on more advantageous terms for them if it's a bad deal for us already.

Anyway, we only got a couple of hours, right? So we better make up our minds soon, or Aemoh won't get their role.

yeah no argument on that here.

first thread post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=169137) second thread post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=173024)
Duneyrr|6+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Murska|5|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek, bruntonspall
Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
[/table]

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-23, 11:12 AM
I believe I'll vote for Duneyrr at the deadline. I am reluctant to do so, but we need more information... which can be gained by trying to lynch someone who is under fire. If he survives, then there are three roles that don't want to claim who are possible targets... and only one of them lynchable the next day.

I believe I'll be dead come next morning, though... the good news: I'll probably take a witch down with me because they won't want to take chances with the Priest.

The bad news: I think they'll aim for Aemoh as well, because of their assassin...

Sotek
2010-10-23, 11:28 AM
I believe I'll vote for Duneyrr at the deadline. I am reluctant to do so, but we need more information... which can be gained by trying to lynch someone who is under fire. If he survives, then there are three roles that don't want to claim who are possible targets... and only one of them lynchable the next day.

I believe I'll be dead come next morning, though... the good news: I'll probably take a witch down with me because they won't want to take chances with the Priest.

The bad news: I think they'll aim for Aemoh as well, because of their assassin...

I think this is a mistake.

I think our ideal situation right now would be to cross our fingers and shoot for their assassin, but of course we do not have time.

I think our secondary option is Murska. He is a near-confirmed non-spy, I think he is far more likely to be witch than Duneyrr is, and we still have some serious hope open.

ALSO! Given that you are likely to be dead, there is still a way for you to get one last meaningful check in!

After your death, GAs are likely to protect based on the checks you have made thus far, to try to avoid protecting the werewolf.

If you check a werewolf candidate, and say who you are going to check now...

... then if the GAs protect that person in the near future, the spiritualist will know they are cleared, which gives us a piece of information that can potentially be used.

I'm not sure how good a plan this is, but I think it is a plan that I should at least throw out here.

first thread post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=169137) second thread post reference link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=173024)
Duneyrr|6+3|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 12:21 PM
It seems like Duneyrr is going down today. We have what, less then an hour left?

Duneyrr
2010-10-23, 12:56 PM
I am the Traveler. If I go down to a lynch I'm good for GA (which is good). But Hitaro was not the Traveler, so what was he? We thought he might have been claiming Traveler to cover for an important town role (maybe he was Judge?), but he might have been a lesser role like VH. Right now, Horoar is top of my Witchlist, but Murska's a good option.

If he's VH, we get a town role in GA and we're good to protect ED.
If he's coven, we bag a witch, yippee!
I can only be killed by WW or sac night, taking out a witch.

Can we do this instead?

Tydude
2010-10-23, 01:07 PM
I am the Traveler. If I go down to a lynch I'm good for GA (which is good). But Hitaro was not the Traveler, so what was he? We thought he might have been claiming Traveler to cover for an important town role (maybe he was Judge?), but he might have been a lesser role like VH. Right now, Horoar is top of my Witchlist, but Murska's a good option.

Can we do this instead?

Who is this "we" you speak of? But, the problem with your plan is I don't believe you're Traveler. If I believed you, then this is a good plan. I'd rather lynch you today since you seem more suspicious than Murska right now.

Murska
2010-10-23, 01:18 PM

Can we do this instead?

If we lynch you and you're Traveler, you die and Aemoh finds out that you were speaking the truth. Thus, if you're town and we lynch you we still have a GA majority and find out if you're speaking the truth while if I'm town and we lynch me we have a GA majority and don't find out if you're speaking the truth.

I don't see how I'm that likely to be a Witch. It's possible, though unlikely, through Hitaro not being traveler but if we lynch you, we find out if he was anyway. While if we lynch me, we don't really gain anything about your role.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:20 PM
Good morning everyone.

Is dunyrr gonna die? I really don't see any reason why not at this stage. Very Very shifty.

I really have to stop myself from going on Gitp when i'm being stupid...

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:21 PM

Can we do this instead?

I'm on Murska already. Note, people, that if we lynch Murska and he is a witch, this actually HELPS compared to lynching a townie! If the GAs are deadlocked, the witches will probably NOT sacrifice (and if they do, uh, I won't complain too much, holy **** they'd be so close to dead then) and therefore we only lose ED, instead of ED *and* Aemoh.

Also, losing traveller is, obviously, way worse than losing VH.

Duneyrr
2010-10-23, 01:23 PM
Okay, when Aemoth tells you guys I'm traveler? Forget Murska, lynch Horoar.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:23 PM
If we lynch you and you're Traveler, you die and Aemoh finds out that you were speaking the truth. Thus, if you're town and we lynch you we still have a GA majority and find out if you're speaking the truth while if I'm town and we lynch me we have a GA majority and don't find out if you're speaking the truth..

But we would find if you are telling the truth, eh?
I'm not saying I'm pro lynching you, confusing logic confuses my morning brain...

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:25 PM

How about Wheat? Actually, my scumlist right now has a total of seven players, two of whom are dead.

So. Yeah.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:25 PM

Meh, they're not gonna try to lynch me.

Murska
2010-10-23, 01:26 PM
But we would find if you are telling the truth, eh?
I'm not saying I'm pro lynching you, confusing logic confuses my morning brain...

But we find that out if we lynch Duneyrr, as well.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:27 PM

... wait how ...
Maybe I should go back to sleep.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:29 PM

This is only true if you are the Necromancer and Duneyrr is the traveller.

If you were VH, you would not be nearly so confident - Duneyrr could be traveller and Hitaro JW/WW, for all you would know.

Duneyrr|6+3|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
[/table]

One guy switching off Duneyrr would let the judge take down the necromancer I'm pretty sure!

Tydude
2010-10-23, 01:33 PM

Actually, I kind of want to pressure him even if you aren't traveler. He's been pretty odd recently.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:35 PM
One guy switching off Duneyrr would let the judge take down the necromancer I'm pretty sure!

But who is he?

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:41 PM
But who is he?

Murska. Or do you mean the judge? In which case, while I feel about 80% confident of who I think him to be, I am not saying.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:50 PM
How long do we have left?

If you put the case of the Murskamancer forward in simple/clear logic I'll unvote.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:53 PM
Also Why does he need to be Judge Lynched. (Apart from finding out that the Judge is still alive).

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 01:55 PM
Also Why does he need to be Judge Lynched. (Apart from finding out that the Judge is still alive).

Because we don't have much time I think. We sould ask Milskidasith for an extra day or two to discuss this. We only have an hour or so.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 01:59 PM
Because we don't have much time I think. We sould ask Milskidasith for an extra day or two to discuss this. We only have an hour or so.

Deadline extensions are so UGLY. I vote Murska. Can we judge lynch him now?

Sotek
2010-10-23, 01:59 PM

Because of time.

The primary source is that Murska's stuff has been "feeling" off - he's relying a little too heavily on "hey look how improbable this would be!!" I think it's pretty obvious that if he is a witch, he is the Necromancer and Hitaro was the Vampire Hunter.

Furthermore, Duneyrr's play has been very coherent with being Traveller. He tried to imply DOB/Judge for a while, which is not a very likely play for JW/WW, he hasn't been coveny at all, he claims Traveller under intense pressure ...

... and he has several suspicious guys going after him.

If Duneyrr is Traveller, Murska is not quite certainly witch, but is much more likely to be.
Furthermore, Murska did not see the case of "Duneyrr Traveller, Murska VH" as a case to consider, which I find deeply suspicious, especially given that he already knows Aemoh is not likely to survive the night!

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:01 PM
Nice Avatar btw,

Sotek
2010-10-23, 02:02 PM
Deadline extensions are so UGLY. I vote Murska. Can we judge lynch him now?

Well, at the Deadline we can.

A normal lynch is still better (in case Aemoh makes it through the night, which is actually MORE likely if Murska is witch ...) but once we hit deadline, it'll be judgin' time.

Duneyrr|5+3|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink,(Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Murska|6|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek, bruntonspall, Horoar
Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 02:04 PM
Nice Avatar btw,

Thank you. I got it from the avatar adoption thread. :smallsmile:

It kind of bothers me to resort to judge-lynch, but at it'd be better than lynching Duneyrr. What he said made sense. Also, Murska should never be trusted.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:06 PM
Well, at the Deadline we can.

Any one know how long we have?

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 02:07 PM
Any one know how long we have?

Here.

Since it was brought up: The kill lists are generated through random.org. The sac kills had a 33% chance of being any given position in the list.

Also, deadline is... let's say saturday at noon (CST).

We are already on borrowed time, I think.

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-23, 02:19 PM
Apparently I'm making a mistake...

I must aim for Murska, then... and again, at the deadline.

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 02:22 PM
If we can get two more votes in an hour we won't need the judge. Murska is at lynch-2 (7 votes).

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:28 PM
If we can get two more votes in an hour we won't need the judge. Murska is at lynch-2 (7 votes).

I bet the judge is already sharpening his axe. We don't want to get him all excited for nothing do we.:smallfrown:

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 02:39 PM
I bet the judge is already sharpening his axe. We don't want to get him all excited for nothing do we.:smallfrown:

Yes, but what if by some crazy reason the planets aligned and Murska was telling the truth and Aemoh survives the night. This would be a really important information.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 02:44 PM
I don't really care what happens as long as the deadline isn't extended. But thats just a matter of principal.

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-23, 02:54 PM
With all the forced roleclaiming, I'm surprised the Nun hasn't claimed yet.

Still... an updated list of my thoughts?

Spy- dizzylover (Dead)
Vampire Hunter- Murska (Shaky ground)
Acolyte- Mannikath
Assassin- ???
Warlock- ???
Priest- Eternal Drifter
Enchantress- ???
DOB- Tydude
Judge- ???
Junior Witch- ???
Traveler- Hitaro (Dead)
Survivalist- Gray Mage
Martyr- Internet Flea (Proven! Dead)
Werewolf- Duneyrr
BOD- ???
Demon- Recaiden (Dead)
Leeroy Jenkins- ???
Nun- ???
Necromancer- ???
Medium- Aemoh
Wizard- Sotek
Spiritalist- ???

bruntonspall
2010-10-23, 03:15 PM
With all the forced roleclaiming, I'm surprised the Nun hasn't claimed yet.

That means it's probably one of the people who hasn't been forced yet, metlink, va_beds, me, Aarkal, Horoar, Wheat or somebody else I've forgotten.

Anybody have a list of the claims made by each player rather than the roles you think are filled? I don't really want to go back trhough 50 pages looking for claims. (most importantly, I want to know who didn't claim)

Traveler- Hitaro (Dead)
Werewolf- Duneyrr

Seriously? I'm totally convinced Duneyrr is traveler. I think that makes Murska the enchantress or necro maybe. My money is on Murska the enchantress.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 03:17 PM
Seriously? I'm totally convinced Duneyrr is traveler. I think that makes Murska the enchantress or necro maybe. My money is on Murska the enchantress.

Now I really do want to judge lynch him.:smallsmile:

Sotek
2010-10-23, 03:19 PM
With all the forced roleclaiming, I'm surprised the Nun hasn't claimed yet.I'm surprised that the unclaimed roles thus far are ... Judge, BOD, Nun, Leeroy, and Spiritualist.

I mean, really? I'm pretty sure we have some lieclaims, and all, but ... still.

Still... an updated list of my thoughts?

Spy- dizzylover (Dead)
Acolyte- Mannikath
Assassin- ???
Warlock- ???
Priest- Eternal Drifter
Enchantress- ???
DOB- Tydude
Judge- ???
Junior Witch- ???
Traveler- Hitaro (Dead)
Survivalist- Gray Mage
Martyr- Internet Flea (Proven! Dead)
Werewolf- Duneyrr
BOD- ???
Demon- Recaiden (Dead)
Leeroy Jenkins- ???
Nun- ???
Necromancer- ???
Medium- Aemoh
Wizard- Sotek
Spiritalist- ???

Can we not post role lists like this?

On the offchance our werewolf is really derpy, it might be good not to help him out.

ps: Brunton, if it's a murskachantress, unless it's murskaspychantress, lynching him is pretty drat good. I mean! If he lives through lynch, we know he's a witch, and we can (probably) judgelynch him tomorrow. And we're in possession of a live traveller and a GA majority! I think Murskamancer is more likely, simply because I think it's more likely the Necro would trust himself than other witches trusting him, on the off-chance he's spy.

I mean it might be that someone else is the necro and told Murska, but ...

bruntonspall
2010-10-23, 03:19 PM
Does judge lynch happen in day phase? i.e. does Aemoh get the role of the person judge lynched the same way the day lynch does?
And if I remember correctly it bypasses the enchantress protection as well is that right?

Sotek
2010-10-23, 03:27 PM
That means it's probably one of the people who hasn't been forced yet, metlink, va_beds, me, Aarkal, Horoar, Wheat or somebody else I've forgotten.

Anybody have a list of the claims made by each player rather than the roles you think are filled? I don't really want to go back trhough 50 pages looking for claims. (most importantly, I want to know who didn't claim)

Okay, so.

Istari I don't think claimed ever.
Murska made that odd statement about "some guy knows for sure I'm town" then claimed Vampire Hunter.
Gray Mage claimed Survivalist.
Internet Flea never claimed, but got mechanically confirmed as Martyr when he saved Aemoh on N2.
Aemoh claimed Medium, and was targetted for NK both N1 and N2, which is pretty solid evidence in his favor, especially since while medium is powerful enough that it might not want to counterclaim, I think given his positioning a "real" medium WOULD counterclaim.
Ghanz Nmi hasn't claimed, but he's made some hints.
Mannikath claimed Acolyte.
I claimed Wizard.
Duneyrr claimed Traveller.
Tydude claimed DOB.
Eternal Drifter claimed Priest, confirmed by Mannikath.
VA_beds hasn't claimed.
Orzel was lynched d1, never claimed, is town.
Metlink has never claimed.
Arkaal has never claimed.
Hitaro claimed Traveller, died on N2 to a sacrifice-powered kill.
Wheat has not, per my notes, claimed.
bruntonspall (you) have not claimed.
Horoar has not claimed.
SHAZAM never claimed, died on the sacrifice night of N2, is believed to be the sacrificee.
Recaiden died to lynch d2, was named Demon by Aemoh.

So, live people who haven't claimed anything:
Istari, Ghanz Nmi, VA_beds, Metlink, Arkaal, Wheat, bruntonspall, Horoar.
Orzel didn't claim but is dead.
There are two dead witches, four live witches (one of whom may be spy), and a werewolf.

Two people have claimed the Traveller role, I think that's the only role we've actually seen claimed twice thus far.

Judge lynch gives the role to Necromancer and not Medium, unfortunately, but DOES bypass enchantress protection.

Tydude
2010-10-23, 03:35 PM
Two people have claimed the Traveller role, I think that's the only role we've actually seen claimed twice thus far.

Well, Duneyrr claimed Hitaro was Vampire Hunter which Murska already claimed. That's the only other contradiction I see.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 03:37 PM
Well, Duneyrr claimed Hitaro was Vampire Hunter which Murska already claimed. That's the only other contradiction I see.

Well. Duneyrr didn't say he KNOWS Hitaro is VH, just that it's the only role Hitaro could feasibly be, given that Duneyrr knows Hitaro was lying, etc etc.

So, yeah. It centers on Duneyrr and Murska and the Hitaro Mystery. (I note that if Hitaro was VH, claiming Traveller was a pretty pro move - getting targetted on a sac night is solid!)

Istari
2010-10-23, 03:42 PM
Murska in the interest of getting a lynch in

Sotek
2010-10-23, 03:46 PM
Murska in the interest of getting a lynch in

Hey Istari, while you're here, can we get some thoughts out of you? I don't have anything specific I want to ask since you're not terribly high on my list of suspicious guys, but if you have any reads or whatever you'd like to volunteer, now might be a decent time?

Duneyrr|5+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink,(Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Murska|7+1|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek, bruntonspall, Horoar, Istari (Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
Tydude|1|Aemoh
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-23, 03:54 PM
Shouldn't the day have ended several hours ago?

bruntonspall
2010-10-23, 04:01 PM
Indeed it should, we're really just waiting for Milski to spring the day end on us now.

I'm kinda hoping for a judge lynch, although not knowing who the judge is and who they'll kill, and knowing that it'll deny us information is a bit irritating. On the other hand, there's a good chance that Aemoh is going to die tonight anyway, so we might not get any information regardless of what happens, and judge lynching the enchantress would be an awesome upshot, even if it's a long shot.

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 04:02 PM
Shouldn't the day have ended several hours ago?

Milskidasith isn't on, so we'll probably have an unofficial extension until he is. There is still time for a regular lynch, and I notice you really want the judge-lnch, and, by extension, that Aemoh doesn't find out Murska's role. Worried that Murska really is the VH? :smallamused:

Horoar
2010-10-23, 04:03 PM
I dunno, he'll probably kill Murska since the murska wagon are the ones that let him use his lynch.

Unless of course he has some magical read or is a jerk.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 04:05 PM
Milskidasith isn't on, so we'll probably have an unofficial extension until he is. There is still time for a regular lynch, and I notice you really want the judge-lnch, and, by extension, that Aemoh doesn't find out Murska's role. Worried that Murska really is the VH? :smallamused:

Or maybe that Murksa ISN'T the VH...? He was on Duneyrr for a while. :smallamused:

Horoar
2010-10-23, 04:06 PM

Technicaly I wanted the day not to be extended. I though the judge lynch would allow it.

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 04:11 PM
Or maybe that Murksa ISN'T the VH...? He was on Duneyrr for a while. :smallamused:

Looking at that bandwagon I already know who I'll pressure next day. :smallamused:

Horoar
2010-10-23, 04:14 PM
Looking at that bandwagon I already know who I'll pressure next day. :smallamused:

Who's that?

Gray Mage
2010-10-23, 04:15 PM
Who's that?

Next day you'll know. :smallwink:

Sotek
2010-10-23, 04:26 PM

Man, I actually don't.

Embarassment of riches, dontchaknow.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 04:40 PM
I do hope tonight is quick, though. It should be. Witches pretty much have like, three choices and I think which one they'll want is gonna be obvious to them. ED, well, his check may not even matter (although it still can!) but I'm sure he has one in by now, right? :smalltongue:

Aemoh
2010-10-23, 04:53 PM
So...

Unvote Tydue
Vote Murska

Sorry if you're actually innocent.

Horoar
2010-10-23, 04:59 PM
And thats a kill.
At deadline.
which was hours ago.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 06:47 PM
And thats a kill.
At deadline.
which was hours ago.

yep. where the heck is Milski?

Mannikath
2010-10-23, 07:04 PM
Friendly reminder:

Hey angels!

Protect the priest. No games, no gambits, no "I'm only saying this so the witches *think* you will protect the priest!" Just protect the priest.

Milskidasith
2010-10-23, 07:13 PM
OK, yeah, Murska got lynched. Anyway, here's the rundown: If I'm not on, or if there isn't a consensus (including deadline votes), count it as an extension for a day/until I say otherwise. Any deadline votes, at the deadline, just become normal votes, because if there's an extension, you should probably be doing something.

Anyway:

MURSKA IS DEAD

Get your night actions in and such.

As for the delay: At 11 or noon or something, I was enjoying a happy game of LoL when I got called off to work somewhere for free because of a scheduling problem that would have bit a friend in the ass otherwise, and then the next shift got there incredibly late, and by the time I came back I just wanted to knife glove some zombies to death in Dead Rising 2. So yeah.

Sotek
2010-10-23, 08:03 PM
OK, yeah, Murska got lynched. Anyway, here's the rundown: If I'm not on, or if there isn't a consensus (including deadline votes), count it as an extension for a day/until I say otherwise. Any deadline votes, at the deadline, just become normal votes, because if there's an extension, you should probably be doing something.

Hmm, nod, so from now on at deadline I'll auto-convert "Deadline" votes, then.

As for the delay: At 11 or noon or something, I was enjoying a happy game of LoL when I got called off to work somewhere for free because of a scheduling problem that would have bit a friend in the ass otherwise, and then the next shift got there incredibly late, and by the time I came back I just wanted to knife glove some zombies to death in Dead Rising 2. So yeah.

That sounds pretty lame. Hopefully the knife-gloving went well!

Horoar
2010-10-23, 10:00 PM
I thought he meant only new deadline votes...

Sotek
2010-10-23, 10:02 PM
I thought he meant only new deadline votes...

Nah, it makes sense to apply it to old deadline votes too. I mean, that's what a deadline is.

Milskidasith
2010-10-23, 11:18 PM
Yeah, past the original deadline, all deadline votes are now just votes, and you can't make any "second deadline" votes; once you have an extension, you should get to murdering.

metlink
2010-10-24, 05:55 AM
So when you set a deadline Milski and are delayed in coming here, we're assumed to keep playing until you post telling us otherwise?

Sotek
2010-10-24, 10:46 AM
So when you set a deadline Milski and are delayed in coming here, we're assumed to keep playing until you post telling us otherwise?

That's what he said! Presumably if we hit lynch that's an exception.

Sotek
2010-10-24, 08:52 PM
slow night. :smallannoyed:

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-24, 10:15 PM
slow night. :smallannoyed:

Agreed...

I think we're waiting on the witches...

If nothing else, they are good at annoying the rest of us.

Sotek
2010-10-24, 10:23 PM
Agreed...

I think we're waiting on the witches...

If nothing else, they are good at annoying the rest of us.

Yeah, probably. :smallmad:

metlink
2010-10-25, 05:49 AM
Well, time to take a vacation then! Who knows a good beach with soft sand? :smallbiggrin:

Sotek
2010-10-25, 10:20 AM
Well, time to take a vacation then! Who knows a good beach with soft sand? :smallbiggrin:

Aaaaargh! :smallfurious:

Duneyrr
2010-10-25, 10:26 AM
metlink, don't anger the Sotek. He(she?) is a high strung individual.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 10:38 AM
metlink, don't anger the Sotek. He(she?) is a high strung individual.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Sotek. :smalltongue:

VA_beds
2010-10-25, 04:48 PM
of course you are having HappyFun
Friend Computer has said evryone shall enjoy mandatory HappyFun
you wouldnt happen to be a commie traitor trying to avoid volunteering for HappyFun would you?

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-25, 04:58 PM
Night 3

"Is it really only three days?" Drifter asked, looking around his church. "It seems so much longer... Still, a piece of good news at last... a witch was killed."

A sound is heard, like a song from afar, and then falls silent.

"Eh? Did I hear an angel's chorus? No matter, no matter... I feel I'm dead soon, anyway..."

Drifter picks up a book, and began reading aloud.

"Tonight, we send our prayers to Orzel, confirmed one of the town, who will try to protect us tonight... along with Internet Flea, who sacrificed himself to stop the plauge of witches from killing more powerful people..."

Mannikath
2010-10-25, 06:06 PM
I should start a nightly "Acolyte Adventures" spin-off mini series, in which I fight off various secret threats to the priest. Obviously, the town will never learn of these threats and my nocturnal labor will go unappreciated.

Tonight's would-be priest assassins: Scientology Ostrich Dragoons.

metlink
2010-10-25, 06:13 PM
"Vampire Hunters: End of an Era": A dramatic close up documentary on the lives of these brave men and women who fought tirelessly through the nights.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 07:16 PM
"Vampire Hunters: End of an Era": A dramatic close up documentary on the lives of these brave men and women who fought tirelessly through the nights.

And unlike those Witch Hunter slackers, they actually killed all the Vampires. A moment of silence for those brave folk.

Istari
2010-10-25, 07:21 PM
So thats where the vampires went, no wonder the VH is out of a job

Sotek
2010-10-25, 07:22 PM
And unlike those Witch Hunter slackers, they actually killed all the Vampires. A moment of silence for those brave folk.

Yep.

NOW WHERE IS THE END OF THE NIGHT :smallfurious:

seriously how hard is it to decide who you're sacrificing geeze. or if you're not-sacrificing, whatever. how hard is this this. :smallfrown:

Milskidasith
2010-10-25, 08:22 PM
Exciting developments abound!

GRAY MAGE WAS TARGETED AND LIVED!

DAY 4? HAS BEGUN!

Deadline is in 48 hours. PMs will be out shortly.

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 08:23 PM
Exciting developments abound!

GRAY MAGE WAS TARGETED AND LIVED!

DAY 4? HAS BEGUN!

Deadline is in 48 hours. PMs will be out shortly.

Wait what?

Milskidasith
2010-10-25, 08:29 PM
Wait what?

Here are the possibilities:

GA Protection.

BOD was lynched.

You're traveller.

You're survivalist.

Just to clear up the rules confusion you seem to have.

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 08:30 PM
Here are the possibilities:

GA Protection.

BOD was lynched.

You're traveller.

You're survivalist.

Just to clear up the rules confusion you seem to have.

I'm not confused by the rules, but by why the heck they targeted me.

Istari
2010-10-25, 08:31 PM
So the most likely scenario is that Gray Mage's claim was true, I think we need our resident Medium to pop in first though

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-25, 08:32 PM
I'm not confused by the rules, but by why the heck they targeted me.

Agreed... I think they targeted you because you were the least likely to be protected... the bad news: I think Murska was the BOD, preventing you from getting killed without a sacrifice.

Milskidasith
2010-10-25, 08:32 PM
Medium has no info, so I don't know why you would think he would be relevant. :smallconfused:

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-25, 08:34 PM
Medium has no info, so I don't know why you would think he would be relevant. :smallconfused:

Murska was killed yesterday. If he was the BOD, then it would explain things. The Medium should know...

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 08:34 PM

WOuldn't he know if Murska was the BOD?

Milskidasith
2010-10-25, 08:36 PM
Yes, but I thought you were referring to him knowing Gray Mage's role, somehow.

Duneyrr
2010-10-25, 08:37 PM
It could rule out the BOD, so he would either be GA (unlikely), Traveler (not true), or Survivalist (yay!).

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 08:38 PM
Is it that unlikely that I said the truth about my role?

Duneyrr
2010-10-25, 08:38 PM
Ninja'd by everyone. Good to see the thread moving again!

Horoar
2010-10-25, 08:40 PM
It's great to have the narrator on team villager :smallbiggrin:.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 08:41 PM
It's great to have the narrator on team villager :smallbiggrin:.

I'm still not ruling out that Milski is the WW. :smalltongue:

Horoar
2010-10-25, 08:43 PM
Narrator is the perfect disguise for getting roleclaims.

Aemoh
2010-10-25, 09:01 PM
... I live? Really? Awsome :smallbiggrin:

And Murska weren't no witch, folks.

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 09:02 PM
... I live? Really? Awsome :smallbiggrin:

And Murska weren't no witch, folks.

Then what was he? Or better, what he wasn't, mainly the BOD.

Aemoh
2010-10-25, 09:04 PM
Ah, right. That'd be slightly more relevant, least for you.

Murksa was Town, but not the BOD. Don't know if it hurts or helps to say exact role, but really, I think we can all guess what.

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 09:09 PM
Ah, right. That'd be slightly more relevant, least for you.

Murksa was Town, but not the BOD. Don't know if it hurts or helps to say exact role, but really, I think we can all guess what.

Thank you.
Now we know that it wasn't BOD save, nor GA because that would be really dumb move and I'm not the traveller so am I cleared now? :smallwink:
Also, I took a hit for town. Yay me. I'm helping. :smallbiggrin:

Sotek
2010-10-25, 09:17 PM
... well. that's.

... okay I am super confused. Those are some crazy witches out there. I was sure we were gonna see a sac.

So, Murska was in fact VH, that's pretty much guaranteed, yeah.

Which ... hmm. Duneyrr is back to being on the suspicion list, but Horoar is also pretty high up there and I'd like to hit different guys with the pressure.

Drifter, your check tell you anything you wanna reveal to the rest of us?

15 people alive, so 8 is a majority, and 8 is a deadlock.
Horoar|1|Sotek
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 09:19 PM
My vote goes to metlink today.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 09:24 PM
Care to explain, Gray Mage? I have metlink on my list, but he's not up top, and I think a good explanation will do more for the pressure wagon than a simple vote.

Horoar|1|Sotek
metlink|1|Gray Mage
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 09:32 PM
Care to explain, Gray Mage? I have metlink on my list, but he's not up top, and I think a good explanation will do more for the pressure wagon than a simple vote.

His incredible convulted point at Deneyrr. Also, I think there were one or more witches on the Duneyrr bandwagon, or why would they target me when I said who I'd point? Of course they might have done that to make me think there were a witch there, but I'm fairly convinced of metlink. Horoar is number two and Ghanz is three.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 09:46 PM
His incredible convulted point at Deneyrr. Also, I think there were one or more witches on the Duneyrr bandwagon, or why would they target me when I said who I'd point? Of course they might have done that to make me think there were a witch there, but I'm fairly convinced of metlink. Horoar is number two and Ghanz is three.

Ah, hmm. Yeah, I suppose, if Duneyrr is non-witch, which ... with that bandwagon he almost had to be.

I have a read on Ghanz, but I guess nobody had the opportunity to counterclaim my read of him since he never actually said it.

And I don't think he SHOULD, so ... yeah.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 09:46 PM
Ima go metlink because s/he's not me :smallbiggrin:

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:08 PM
Under much duress. I would like to claim my role as Narrator. Milski is fakeclaiming
:smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 10:09 PM
I'll go with Horoar first today, for weird comments at the start of the new thread.

And Gray Mage, if Murska was Town, and was pushed to lynch, why do you suspect the people on the other wagon more than the people who just lynched Town? I'm a bit concerned that the Murska wagon was pushed along with no real reason over Duneyrr.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:12 PM
I'll go with Horoar first today, for weird comments at the start of the new thread.

And Gray Mage, if Murska was Town, and was pushed to lynch, why do you suspect the people on the other wagon more than the people who just lynched Town? I'm a bit concerned that the Murska wagon was pushed along with no real reason over Duneyrr.

I am very concerned that Horoar switched bandwagons. I;m sure he deeply regrets his baseless move. He just wanted to keep the day from being extended.

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 10:13 PM

Murska wagon wasn't really bad. Witches probably knew he was talking the truth, while Duneyrr being traveller makes him unNKable until another sac is made, so they gain a lot more by lynching him.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 10:16 PM
Murska wagon wasn't really bad. Witches probably knew he was talking the truth, while Duneyrr being traveller makes him unNKable until another sac is made, so they gain a lot more by lynching him.

That's fair logic, I'll concede to that. Though considering the Witches hit you I wouldn't give Coven too much credit for intelligence. :smalltongue:

I still want to see some talk from Horoar first, though I'm not against pressuring metlink afterward.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:17 PM
I've already roleclaimed. :smalltongue:

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 10:18 PM
That's fair logic, I'll concede to that. Though considering the Witches hit you I wouldn't give Coven too much credit for intelligence. :smalltongue:

I still want to see some talk from Horoar first, though I'm not against pressuring metlink afterward.

I think it was my "tomorrow I'll say who I suspect" bluff together with them not really believing my roleclaim. :smalltongue:

Sotek
2010-10-25, 10:20 PM

metlink is my #3, Horoar my #1.
So, y'know, I'm ok with a bandwagon on either, but will stick with Horoar unless metlink's grows a bit more while Horoar's is stagnant. (and even then . . .)
Horoar|2|Sotek, Ghanz Nmi
metlink|2|Gray Mage, Horoar
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-25, 10:22 PM
metlink is my #3, Horoar my #1.
So, y'know, I'm ok with a bandwagon on either, but will stick with Horoar unless metlink's grows a bit more while Horoar's is stagnant. (and even then . . .)

So who's number 2?

Also, would like Wheat to answer his questions.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:24 PM
I would rather not be forced to trueclaim. My mysteriousity will give lategame some zing.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 10:26 PM
I would rather not be forced to trueclaim. My mysteriousity will give lategame some zing.

The more you panic at only 2 votes, Horoar, the more I want you to talk. :smalltongue:

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:28 PM
Panic? Ah the vagueness of text. No that is a warning and a request.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:30 PM
Besides I've been talking all day.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 10:35 PM
So who's number 2?

... I was totally asking for that, wasn't I?

I'm not saying who my number two is, not right now.

Also, would like Wheat to answer his questions.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9612059&postcount=1470 http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9612097&postcount=1471

Those questions, right?

Agreed. Wheat is my #4.

Horoar: You've been saying a lot of not much. Give us some reads, some thoughts, some info. Not just clouds of smoke.

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:38 PM
Ok. I should put my serious face back on before I get lynched. Now this game and WW classic are starting to meld together so...
My thought Is that i have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.
I don't trust Dunyrr at all but I can't logic that.

Oh heres a thought for you're not actually gonna lynch me as long as I'm awake. Chew on that. :)

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:40 PM
Yet another example of me wishing to edit a stupidly constructed post. I really should look at these before I hit 'Post'. 'submit reply'

PS: It seems to be working already.

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-25, 10:45 PM
Drifter, your check tell you anything you wanna reveal to the rest of us?

Seems like I haven't gotten results yet... I promice you, I sent one in.

Until I get that scry result, though, Horoar does seem to be a good target... he does seem to be throwing up a lot of smoke... and where there's smoke, there's fire... and where there's fire, there's a good place to burn a witch.

Day 4

"Eh? By Milskidasith's hat and Murska's eye, I've survived a night after revealing myself? Those witches were smart... perhaps smarter than I gave them credit for... Gray Mage appears to have been blessed by the Gods, so I will welcome him to my church with open arms from now on..."

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:50 PM
More accurately where there's smoke there's a bored arsonist with nothing better to do. An arsonist with flameproof pants.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-25, 10:56 PM
More accurately where there's smoke there's a bored arsonist with nothing better to do. An arsonist with flameproof pants.

I'd just like you to know that you are currently doing the exact opposite of helping your case. Are you unwilling to even answer questions of who you suspect?

Horoar
2010-10-25, 10:58 PM
Ok despite my obfuscation i have already said that I suspect Dunyrr and that I am almost wholly ignorant of everything else.

If you want more names I'll grab my dice.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 11:09 PM
So. Is Horoar the werewolf, or is he a witch trying to make us THINK he's the werewolf?

Now taking bets!

Horoar|3|Sotek, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:21 PM
I'm betting on Horoar being an idiot.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 11:24 PM
I'm betting on Horoar being an idiot.

Well, um. that's possible sure. :smalltongue:

Arkaal
2010-10-25, 11:25 PM
Huh. That is... not who I expected to see targeted. Well done on deceiving the witches, Grey Mage.

Oh heres a thought for you're not actually gonna lynch me as long as I'm awake. Chew on that. :)

So... Werewolf, Enchantress, or Leeroy? What a great hint!

Ok despite my obfuscation i have already said that I suspect Dunyrr and that I am almost wholly ignorant of everything else.

If you want more names I'll grab my dice.

:annoyed: "I'm useless, don't lynch me" is NOT a defense.

Horoar

Why do you suspect Dunyrr? Why shouldn't we distrust you? You really have no reads on ANYONE else? Have you even read this thread?

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:31 PM
So... Werewolf, Enchantress, or Leeroy? What a great hint!

Why thank you. :smallsmile: However I am none of the above.

:annoyed: "I'm useless, don't lynch me" is NOT a defense.

Horoar
It's not supposed to be. It's the honest answer to who I suspect.

[QUOTE=Arkaal;9632433]Why do you suspect Dunyrr? Why shouldn't we distrust you? You really have no reads on ANYONE else? Have you even read this thread?

If I decide to true claim You'll trust me. Really Dunyrr gives me sympathetic hand pain.
Ahg, back to the first thread to remember why I don't like Dunyrr.

Sotek
2010-10-25, 11:31 PM
Huh. That is... not who I expected to see targeted. Well done on deceiving the witches, Grey Mage.

With his brilliant strategy of "trueclaim his role when heavily pressured, not get counterclaimed", apparently, yes. Nice job with the headfake of "not lying". :smallamused:

(You did issue enough hints that maybe they thought you were DOB lying about your role...? Which ... actually makes me a bit more suspicious of Tydude, hmm.)

So... Werewolf, Enchantress, or Leeroy? What a great hint!... heh, didn't even think that could be Leeroy.

Yeah, he needs to start talking fast.

Horoar|4|Sotek, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter, Arkaal
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:32 PM
Thats not supposed to be me pointing at myself. Can I pretty please fix the post.:smallfrown:

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:35 PM
Also. 4 really? that was fast.
My serious face just wont stick. OK I promise it's superglued.
Tossing up whether to fake claim or true claim. Any other confessions to wrangle out of me while i make up my mind?

Arkaal
2010-10-25, 11:35 PM

He's talking plenty fast. Problem is, he's not saying anything. :smallannoyed:

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:38 PM
see above posts

Sotek
2010-10-25, 11:41 PM
Why don't you claim ... eh ... what's the highest-priority witch target that can be almost-possible for someone to be?

I guess DOB? I mean you can't be priest or medium, martyr's already dead, so DOB or Judge. :smallyuk:

Thaaat said, I see what Horoar's trying to imply. I think that I can let that slide for the *moment*, and so will switch over to Metlink while I go review my #2 suspicion's posts to see if I'm sane or crazy with him.

Horoar|3|Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter, Arkaal
metlink|3|Gray Mage, Horoar, Sotek
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-25, 11:44 PM
Ok I'm having major serious face problems today. I'll be back in like half an hour.
Hopefully by then I should have found a good adhesive.

Mannikath
2010-10-25, 11:55 PM
Witches are getting rocked, hmm.

I'm just going to vote with ED most likely, though I would advise him to be very discrete about his reads; revealing too much too soon can only be bad; we had the advantage in terms of town position with four virtually-confirmed townies, so no need to be hasty with info.

As for my own less-factual reads, I don't have anything concrete. Sotek is posting well again, and is off my radar for the time being. Ghanz as well, I don't want to pressure him today. I'm not sure about Tydude, but figure that will resolve itself over time without immediate town action. (If he is lying, we just wait and kill him after the real DOB dies--no risk, maximum efficiency strategy, the DOB might kill him anyway.)

I still dislike Duneyrr's overall behavior throughout the entire game. Consider this a non-threatening placeholder unless anyone wants to join me, but vote Duneyrr. (Again, this is not based on any real concrete evidence, just a semi-random guess.)

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 12:03 AM
I'm gonna be more explicit: If Ghanz or Sotek were in the coven there would be a 100% chance of Aemoh being dead today.

Under no robust evaluation can passing up a free shot at the medium be worth any sort of vague mindgames. Fully expect the coven to be made of less astute, less attentive/involved players.

The only alternative is super absolutely crazy Aemoh-is-a-witch universe, which is just too outlandish to consider. He'd have to be the jr witch in all but the most asinine cases, and in these cases the real medium should have outed to trade kills with him. (Which they can still do, making this a losing witch play!)

So yeah, back to sharpening Occam's Razor...

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 12:10 AM
Oh and BTW, if anyone fake devours again we are lynching them immediately. Period.

I don't care if it's freaking Eternal Drifter, we are burning them where they stand. You don't pointlessly do anything that might actually be a wolf trying to make a real move under guise of a joke, ever.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 12:11 AM
Ok I can assure you that normal Horoar is back. Switching to Dunyrr. As I see no reason to suspect mannikath. I am an idiot.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 12:12 AM
Oh and BTW, if anyone fake devours again we are lynching them immediately. Period.

I don't care if it's freaking Eternal Drifter, we are burning them where they stand. You don't pointlessly do anything that might actually be a wolf trying to make a real move under guise of a joke, ever.

I would like to Devour Milskideth he is the Narrator. :smalltongue:

Horoar
2010-10-26, 12:17 AM
Ok I can assure you that normal Horoar is back. Switching to Dunyrr. As I see no reason to suspect mannikath. I am an idiot.

Ok this time I mean it. Switching to Dunyrr because I only followed Grey Mages wagon as it wasn't for me and I have a deep seated gut feeling against Dunyrr.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 12:21 AM
Witches are getting rocked, hmm.

I'm just going to vote with ED most likely, though I would advise him to be very discrete about his reads; revealing too much too soon can only be bad; we had the advantage in terms of town position with four virtually-confirmed townies, so no need to be hasty with info.Yeah, pretty much witches aren't really the thing I'm afraid of right now.

It's the werewolf. We need to figure him out before we lose our DOB or we could be in real trouble with no way to win. :smallannoyed:

And ... well, if Tydude isn't lying, we're in a real bad way if the werewolf starts eating people. :smallfrown:

ps: haha, yeah, uh. I ... was going to post my analysis of what I would do in what I think is the witches's situation but erm, maybe I should NOT post that. look at Sotek thinking before he posts!

pps: I had Istari on my #2 but now that I review his posts I completely forget why the hell I did that, he's voted Recaiden and generally been quiet but seemingly pro-town, so uh. whatever.

I mean, we've got not a *lot* of guys for those four witches and one werewolf to be hiding in.

Horoar, bruntonspall, Wheat, Arkaal, Metlink, VA_Beds, Tydude, Duneyrr, me, Ghanz, and Istari are the guys who are not 100% confirmed town.

Tydude is either DOB or will have some serious explaining to do once the DOB does die, so no point pressuring him.

Ghanz and I seem to be holding similar places in most people's estimations, which is "not off the radar, but not worth pressuring"? That's where I have him, at least. :smalltongue:

Duneyrr ... I dunno, he might be traveller or he might even be DOB or something, and his bandwagon grew awful fast.

Arkaal has been pretty helpful lately, although I know he's a pretty good player and if we're pressuring non-witches he could totally be witch and do what he's doing now, so I can't rule him out yet.

VA_beds has posted almost nothing, posted almost nothing last game, was town. not enough info.

metlink rubs me the wrong way.

Wheat has some pending questions.

bruntonspall seems pretty town but I've had a few moments of "hmm...?" with his posts.

Horoar I have an idea what he might be, and if so I figure we can let him sit for a while.

Istari ... I had that'un high up but on review, no, I was insane.

ppps: yes fake-devours (well, fake-devours that "could" be real) are insta-lynch-followed-by-judge-lynch-next-day, imo. NOBODY DO IT. I mean, a werewolf doesn't care about being lynched, but we have the lead over witches, and we NEED to murder the werewolf if at ALL possible.

metlink|2|Gray Mage, Sotek
Duneyrr|2|Mannikath, Horoar
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-26, 12:26 AM
I only have a gut feeling against Dunyrr. That and the fact that I'd rather be able to look at this thread without a sore hand.

Whats your problem with metlink exactly. I hate to flip flop, but....

Horoar
2010-10-26, 12:27 AM
: yes fake-devours (well, fake-devours that "could" be real) are insta-lynch-followed-by-judge-lynch-next-day, imo. NOBODY DO IT. I mean, a werewolf doesn't care about being lynched, but we have the lead over witches, and we NEED to murder the werewolf if at ALL possible.

How does a judge lynch help with the WW?

Sotek
2010-10-26, 12:52 AM
How does a judge lynch help with the WW?

By killing any enchantresses who are up to *shenanigans*.

Metlink ... ugh. Can't explain my problems with him specifically, but he's just felt like he's been trying too hard to be people's buddies?

Like, I was thinking at one point "hmm, Mannikath might be priest fakeclaiming acolyte. If so, metlink is looking like he's acolyte."

But that doesn't work.

Um. Also, I have these two posts notated:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9536775&postcount=689
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9532616&postcount=601

But I forget why, now.

Also I have this post of Wheat's that I stumbled across in my spelunking:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9531245&postcount=522

Horoar
2010-10-26, 01:15 AM
Now if i had been making notes I wouldn't have to be like 'uh sorry guys I don't know anything' when under pressure.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 01:21 AM
What's your analysis of the wheat post you nrought up then?

Sotek
2010-10-26, 01:23 AM
What's your analysis of the wheat post you nrought up then?

I feel like Wheat has not really given us anything specific at any point, and maybe we need to stare at him until something concrete comes out?

Horoar
2010-10-26, 01:41 AM
I feel like Wheat has not really given us anything specific at any point, and maybe we need to stare at him until something concrete comes out?

A rather creepy metaphor, but sure he caould do with some more pressure after we're done with dunyrr and/or metlink and/or myself.

Duneyrr
2010-10-26, 01:56 AM
Why is my name in every other Horoar post? And why is it always misspelled? I'll pressure metlink at deadline for some talky-talk (not too much, though).

I'm just hoping that Hitaro was the WW or at least the JW.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure we're done with me. I can't claim any more than I have - it's believe me or lynch me at this point.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 02:04 AM
If only I could edit...

Sotek
2010-10-26, 02:06 AM
Why is my name in every other Horoar post? And why is it always misspelled? I'll pressure metlink at deadline for some talky-talk (not too much, though).

I'm just hoping that Hitaro was the WW or at least the JW.WW Hitaro would be ... really nice. If that were the case we're sitting so pretty.

But I think we need to play for the bad cases. Which is: "Hitaro was something good for town". Although I have no idea what even fakeclaims traveller if it's not a power role. I guess some random weak role has traveller as a reasonable fakeclaim for a guy from the games of early-game-sacs, which Hitaro *is*.

Still ... yeah. Numbers are dwindling.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure we're done with me. I can't claim any more than I have - it's believe me or lynch me at this point.

Well, there's always watching your play. But, yeah, I don't see voting you as helping us any.

ps: your name is hard to spell!

metlink|2+1|Gray Mage, Sotek (Duneyrr at deadline)
Duneyrr|2|Mannikath, Horoar
[/table]

Horoar
2010-10-26, 02:12 AM
I'll just sit here on Duneyrr until somthing better comes along...

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 04:40 AM
Hmm, I'm not super convinced on anyone. I was totally convinced that Murska was a witch, so I'm pretty confused about that, and also the witches targeting Gray Mage, really? If I'm right though, it means that Gray can't be the WW or a witch right?

I'm not really sure I see the point of Aemoh being secretive about Murska's and Orzel's roles. I'm now suspicious that Orzel may have been the Medium, and that Aemoh is a witch, but I've a nagging feeling that this can't be psosible but can't remember why.

I'm still pretty sold on Duneyrr being town, and I know nothing about metlink so let's pressure him.

metlink
2010-10-26, 06:08 AM
Guys, I am just some weak town. I am no D.O.B, but a rung or two higher in terms of mechanical prowess than the V.H.

Aemoh being entirely secretive does rub me the wrong way, but I am going to see if he posts something over the day, but hammering a vote on a town member brings my suspicion up, by a notch. Aemoh survived twice and one was due to a Martyr, the other in dispute. Again, I am just going to wait and see on this.

But for vote targets, I still think Duneyrr is lying, considering it was him that started the Murksa bandwagon and made us lynch a town.

Vote Duneyrr.

Tydude
2010-10-26, 07:01 AM
I'm sorry I'm writing this from my phone and don't have time to analyze right now. I'll just follow the priest and vote Horoar for now.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 08:02 AM
Seems like I haven't gotten results yet... I promice you, I sent one in.

Until I get that scry result, though, Horoar does seem to be a good target... he does seem to be throwing up a lot of smoke... and where there's smoke, there's fire... and where there's fire, there's a good place to burn a witch.

Day 4

"Eh? By Milskidasith's hat and Murska's eye, I've survived a night after revealing myself? Those witches were smart... perhaps smarter than I gave them credit for... Gray Mage appears to have been blessed by the Gods, so I will welcome him to my church with open arms from now on..."

If you find that the person you scried was scum, tell us so that we can lynch a known scum target. If inocent don't because he might be the spy.

With his brilliant strategy of "trueclaim his role when heavily pressured, not get counterclaimed", apparently, yes. Nice job with the headfake of "not lying". :smallamused:

(You did issue enough hints that maybe they thought you were DOB lying about your role...? Which ... actually makes me a bit more suspicious of Tydude, hmm.)

... heh, didn't even think that could be Leeroy.

Was the DOB part directed at me? If so I wanted to hint that at day 1, but you guys thought I was a lover.

Metlink kind of jumped to my attention how he insisted on labelling me as scum, so I think he might be the enchantress or warlock. Also, isn't it funny how both horoar and metlink are pointing at Duneyrr?

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 08:25 AM
That's what I'd forgotten, Aemoh has survived ngiht attacks so is less liekly to be witch. Hmmm, gonna have to think on that one.

As for Duneyrr starting the Murska wagon, I thought that I started it, but looking back I see you are right, for Day 3. I still think he was being suspicious.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 08:52 AM
Metlink ... ugh. Can't explain my problems with him specifically, but he's just felt like he's been trying too hard to be people's buddies?

Like, I was thinking at one point "hmm, Mannikath might be priest fakeclaiming acolyte. If so, metlink is looking like he's acolyte."

Ha, I wish. That would make town's situation a lot less sucky. A decent plan for next time maybe? Could be risky.

I don't share your suspicions of metlink though. I have a decent guess as to what his role is. (No WAY am I gonna share that of course.)

I'm still pretty comfy in lynching Duneyrr.

metlink
2010-10-26, 09:12 AM
Metlink kind of jumped to my attention how he insisted on labelling me as scum, so I think he might be the enchantress or warlock. Also, isn't it funny how both horoar and metlink are pointing at Duneyrr?

Let' s see here and see how 'funny' this is:

-Most people claiming survivalist is in fact a Witch or Wolf. You comparing the games I read, are one of the few honest ones who was true to his role. Pinpointing saying that I was the only one who didn't believe you and holding to my gut instincts until the night passed is an unfair statement. There are others who thought the same and if you still insist to press that I thought you were a wolf, clearly there are witches, probably at least two town members plus myself who thought you were lying.

-Duneyrr needed time to come up with a lie because all the "good roles" were taken, like Sotek who needed time, (though not as much if I recall) to blatantly lie to us with regards to his role.

-He voted for lynching me, so I vote back.

Only one is a coincidence, the rest is a consequence of his actions.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 09:21 AM
Let' s see here and see how 'funny' this is:

-Most people claiming survivalist is in fact a Witch or Wolf. You comparing the games I read, are one of the few honest ones who was true to his role. Pinpointing saying that I was the only one who didn't believe you and holding to my gut instincts until the night passed is an unfair statement. There are others who thought the same and if you still insist to press that I thought you were a wolf, clearly there are witches, probably at least two town members plus myself who thought you were lying.

What got to my attention is that you didn't give any other reason besides that I claimed survivalist. Others had pointed post that sounded scummy but you didn't.

-Duneyrr needed time to come up with a lie because all the "good roles" were taken, like Sotek who needed time, (though not as much if I recall) to blatantly lie to us with regards to his role.

His "blatant" lie makes sense. The post he pointed can be seen as a big clue to that in retrospect, so if it's a ploy it's a well planned one that wasn't thought up in the last minute. Also, the posts before he claimed can be seen as trying to get witch attention for the NK.

-He voted for lynching me, so I vote back.

This one I'd give to you, except that if you wanted to divert attention it'd be better to point at Horoar instead of Duneyrr. Afraid to get a fellow witch lynched? :smalltongue:

Only one is a coincidence, the rest is a consequence of his actions.

What actions?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 09:46 AM
I'm just going to vote with ED most likely, though I would advise him to be very discrete about his reads; revealing too much too soon can only be bad; we had the advantage in terms of town position with four virtually-confirmed townies, so no need to be hasty with info.

I'd advise ED to reveal any Evil reads he has, but keep any Good reads to himself. Even if it is the WW we at least have a target for our DOB.

As for everyone else, I agree these people are all suspicious, but how about we focus on pressuring each one in turn instead of a massive 3-way tie that won't get anyone to talk? I still want to stick with Horoar first. We'll get to all 3 today if we start voting together, otherwise we have a huge deadlock and no one will say a thing.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 09:54 AM
Hmm, I'm not super convinced on anyone. I was totally convinced that Murska was a witch, so I'm pretty confused about that, and also the witches targeting Gray Mage, really? If I'm right though, it means that Gray can't be the WW or a witch right?

I'm not really sure I see the point of Aemoh being secretive about Murska's and Orzel's roles. I'm now suspicious that Orzel may have been the Medium, and that Aemoh is a witch, but I've a nagging feeling that this can't be psosible but can't remember why.

I'm still pretty sold on Duneyrr being town, and I know nothing about metlink so let's pressure him.

Bad vibes from this post.

Most witches, at least ones that wouldn't have just killed Aemoh, would have targetted Tydude unless Tydude or Duneyrr were coven.

I stand by my existing vote.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 09:58 AM
Spoilers: If Duneyrr is a witch, we are probably killing bruntonspall next.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 10:12 AM

Most witches, at least ones that wouldn't have just killed Aemoh, would have targetted Tydude unless Tydude or Duneyrr were coven.

I stand by my existing vote.

Why unless Duneyrr was coven?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 10:14 AM
Why unless Duneyrr was coven?

I think it's because the suggested DOB target was Duneyrr, so if they killed Tydude and he was the DOB, he would have killed Duneyrr.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 10:17 AM
I think it's because the suggested DOB target was Duneyrr, so if they killed Tydude and he was the DOB, he would have killed Duneyrr.

I thought I was the designed DOB target. When did we change?

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 10:19 AM
Now if i had been making notes I wouldn't have to be like 'uh sorry guys I don't know anything' when under pressure.

You can always go back and make some to share. Please do - I'd be happy to move on to other people if you'd post some reads and insight.

I'm now suspicious that Orzel may have been the Medium, and that Aemoh is a witch, but I've a nagging feeling that this can't be psosible but can't remember why.

Ameoh was targeted for NK TWICE. It'd be plain stupid for witches to waste two NKs to make one of them into a "confirmed town", since it also requires getting Orzel to randomly protect him and the Martyr to save him - neither of which they have any control over. Plus, they'd have no idea that Orzel was medium, then. If Orzel was a witch, then the plan is a little less stupid - but Medium would have been alive to counterclaim!

I'm still pretty sold on Duneyrr being town

Do you have a specific reason for that?

Duneyrr
2010-10-26, 10:23 AM
Mannikath: So you're saying Tydude is coven? :smalltongue:
In all seriousness, I can see that reasoning; but if not Tydude then why not Aemoth? It seems like they thought Gray Mage was something he wasn't and were going off of a crazy read. Tydude can still be legit.

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 10:34 AM
I thought I was the designed DOB target. When did we change?

Well, Tydude's last post in the last thread was "I don't know if I believe Grey Mage, but I'm just not sure about him." and "I think Duneyrr is WW".

So if Tydude is DOB, then I'm guessing his default target would have been Duneyrr. I don't recall seeing any other listed default targets.

In all seriousness, I can see that reasoning; but if not Tydude then why not Aemoth?

In order to Ameoh to be Witch, the witches had to not-sacrifice NK him on N1 and have him be protected, and then have him saved on N2 by Martyr. Why did this come up THREE times on this one page?

Sotek
2010-10-26, 10:39 AM
I'm not really sure I see the point of Aemoh being secretive about Murska's and Orzel's roles.

The Werewolf.

Also, it might let him say "uh, you just claimed [X], but Orzel was [X]."

That one's less likely, of course.

But ruling out roles for the werewolf is a real concern with all the info we've got out there - we're teetering on the worrying edge of being checkmated.

Ha, I wish. That would make town's situation a lot less sucky. A decent plan for next time maybe? Could be risky.Well, yeah. Once you said "yeah ED is priest" the only way you could still be priest is if you and ED were priest/aco lovers. :smalltongue:

But I had that thought for a while and was sure as heck not saying it when I had it.

I don't share your suspicions of metlink though. I have a decent guess as to what his role is. (No WAY am I gonna share that of course.)Interesting. I have 0 guess to his role. Maybe I should review his posts.

I'm still pretty comfy in lynching Duneyrr.

If he's traveller I want to leave him be. He could very well be witch, though, you're right.

Still, I don't want to pressure Duneyrr for now. No chance of anything useful coming out - either he's traveller in which case what more does he say, or he's witch in which case he doesn't say anything.

I'd rather see how helpful he is in finding witches.

Well, that and we can pressure bruntonspall at some point to see what we learn from doing that, which I am actually currently considering. Depending on how the next couple of votes shake out to affect my theories, I may jump ship off metlink shortly.

also: The only way Aemoh is witch is if he is Junior Witch, and SHAZAM or Hitaro was Medium. But ... no, no, that's just too implausible. Especially because of what Aemoh was willing to reveal D1.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 10:41 AM
d'oh, forgot to add in the vote tally.

Horoar|4|Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter, Arkaal, Tydude
metlink|3+1|Gray Mage, Sotek, bruntonspall (Duneyrr at deadline)
Duneyrr|3|Mannikath, Horoar, metlink
[/table]

Duneyrr
2010-10-26, 10:48 AM
In order to Ameoh to be Witch, the witches had to not-sacrifice NK him on N1 and have him be protected, and then have him saved on N2 by Martyr. Why did this come up THREE times on this one page?

I meant why didn't they kill him. If they didn't kill Tydude, why didn't they kill Aemoth.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 10:56 AM
I meant why didn't they kill him. If they didn't kill Tydude, why didn't they kill Aemoth.

It's entirely possible they thought Gray Mage was a more important role than Medium, say, DOB. If Coven believes that Spy is dead, all they have to do is kill DOB and then Town must keep Coven alive to kill WW, for instance.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 11:03 AM

Why did they target Gray Mage?

I mean, if they believed his claim, he was a worse target than EVERYONE else, short of, uh, your claim.

I guess they didn't want to take the chance that GAs might take advantage of Mannikath's huge insistance to protect the priest in order to leave him uncovered and protect the obvious second target instead...

... but then they went for the survivalist-claimant.

I guess I can say this much: If I was a witch and the situation was such that I didn't want to sac or risk hitting GA protection ...

... I would have hit Mannikath. It's not a great play for the witches since he has no power (which is why I can tell them this - I'm pretty happy if they do NK him tonight!) ... but he's not getting lynched, ever. So, you know, the witches HAVE to NK him eventually.

They can try leaving Aemoh alive to try to mess with us in endgame, and ED is a hard targets, but Mannikath (well, and now Gray Mage) are guys that they know they can take down for sure and that they HAVE to take down at some point - the only question is if they'd rather make guaranteed NKs, or if they'd rather go after powerful roles.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 11:06 AM
Why did they target Gray Mage?

I mean, if they believed his claim, he was a worse target than EVERYONE else, short of, uh, your claim.

I guess they didn't want to take the chance that GAs might take advantage of Mannikath's huge insistance to protect the priest in order to leave him uncovered and protect the obvious second target instead...

... but then they went for the survivalist-claimant.

I guess I can say this much: If I was a witch and the situation was such that I didn't want to sac or risk hitting GA protection ...

... I would have hit Mannikath. It's not a great play for the witches since he has no power (which is why I can tell them this - I'm pretty happy if they do NK him tonight!) ... but he's not getting lynched, ever. So, you know, the witches HAVE to NK him eventually.

They can try leaving Aemoh alive to try to mess with us in endgame, and ED is a hard targets, but Mannikath (well, and now Gray Mage) are guys that they know they can take down for sure and that they HAVE to take down at some point - the only question is if they'd rather make guaranteed NKs, or if they'd rather go after powerful roles.

You're ignoring the other possibility- that the Witches are specifically leaving cleared and role-claimed Town alive while concealing themselves so that when the WW is discovered he must devour Town.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 11:09 AM
You're ignoring the other possibility- that the Witches are specifically leaving cleared and role-claimed Town alive while concealing themselves so that when the WW is discovered he must devour Town.

Oh. Huh. Yeah, I guess. Yeah, that strategy makes sense.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 11:16 AM

Yeah, I expected to die N2, and I considered myself the second most likely target after Aemoh N3.

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 11:27 AM

I don't understand, actually I don't understand why the witches didn't target Aemoh, he's the most obvious target being an information gatherer for the town, and since I'd assume the GA's are protecting the preist, if I'd been a witch I would have been aiming at Aemoh. That's what made me suspicious.
Somebody already posted and corrected me, the reason that Aemoh is highly unlikely to be a witch is that he's been targeted for the night kill, which pretty much clears him as a witch. (although it'd be a genius tricksy move if they pulled it off).

For me it's a toss up between Horoar and metlink, as I said I'm convinced that Duneyrr is either the survivalist or planned really hard to make it appear so (that nice early post is a pretty good alibi so to speak).
Horoar's behaviour today is... weird, but that makes me think he'd kind of like us to lynch him, which might mean he is the WW, or just that he's gotten bored with this game, or actually is as he said "an idiot".
metlink is doing the rather more standard witch behaviour of justifying his point, and casting aspersions.
Unfortunately I uploaded a new version of my vote tracking tool to AppEngine today and it's still building it's votes index, so I can't double check metlink or Horoar's voting patterns.
Therefore it came down to a coin-flip and metlink won. If he gives us more info (like claiming say), or somebody has a good reason for voting elsewhere I'll follow the crowd.

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 11:37 AM
Wow, that's nearly an entire page of responses between me starting to write and hitting post. Must remember to use the preview button.

Someobdy asked why I was convinced of Duneyrr, it's because his early quote about someone not being the traveller was way before he claimed. It was a pretty convincing move for me, not quite as nice as Mannikath's post about ED, but still far better than I would have done.

Ok, Sotek, question for you. What witch roles do we think we are still facing?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 11:37 AM
I don't understand, actually I don't understand why the witches didn't target Aemoh, he's the most obvious target being an information gatherer for the town, and since I'd assume the GA's are protecting the preist, if I'd been a witch I would have been aiming at Aemoh. That's what made me suspicious.
Somebody already posted and corrected me, the reason that Aemoh is highly unlikely to be a witch is that he's been targeted for the night kill, which pretty much clears him as a witch. (although it'd be a genius tricksy move if they pulled it off).

At this point Aemoh being a Witch is near-impossible to me. The big deal is not that he was attacked twice, but because he was attacked on a sac night. It's plausible (but rather silly) for Orzel to be a Witch and the attack on Aemoh N1 to be preplanned, but surviving a sac night requires the Martyr, who the Witches have no control over.

For me it's a toss up between Horoar and metlink, as I said I'm convinced that Duneyrr is either the survivalist or planned really hard to make it appear so (that nice early post is a pretty good alibi so to speak).
Horoar's behaviour today is... weird, but that makes me think he'd kind of like us to lynch him, which might mean he is the WW, or just that he's gotten bored with this game, or actually is as he said "an idiot".
metlink is doing the rather more standard witch behaviour of justifying his point, and casting aspersions.
Unfortunately I uploaded a new version of my vote tracking tool to AppEngine today and it's still building it's votes index, so I can't double check metlink or Horoar's voting patterns.
Therefore it came down to a coin-flip and metlink won. If he gives us more info (like claiming say), or somebody has a good reason for voting elsewhere I'll follow the crowd.

Except Gray Mage is more or less the confirmed Survivalist, which leaves Duneyrr... The WW?

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 11:44 AM
If we force the WW out, I'm dead. (or ED, but the WW would rather kill me since ED might catch another witch if he lives one more day?) I think the risk is worth it though.

Or we might get lucky, and the WW might panic and try eat Tydude and it turns out he is jr witch or something--that'd be awesome!

Milskidasith
2010-10-26, 11:45 AM
General note: Telling your enemies ways they can be stupid is anti your side, no matter who you are.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 11:46 AM
If we force the WW out, I'm dead. (or ED, but the WW would rather kill me since ED might catch another witch if he lives one more day?) I think the risk is worth it though.

Or we might get lucky, and the WW might panic and try eat Tydude and it turns out he is jr witch or something--that'd be awesome!

The thing is, we HAVE to force the WW out before we lose DOB, or else Town cannot feasibly win unless we sneak some hardcore narcotics into the Witches' brew or something. When the WW panics there will be some casualties regardless.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 12:05 PM
The thing is, we HAVE to force the WW out before we lose DOB, or else Town cannot feasibly win unless we sneak some hardcore narcotics into the Witches' brew or something. When the WW panics there will be some casualties regardless.

Yeah, pretty much.

The WW is scary, that's all there is to it.

Ok, Sotek, question for you. What witch roles do we think we are still facing?

Not the demon. :smalltongue:

Otherwise dunno, all but one of the rest is still alive - whatever role SHAZAM was is the other missing role, and I can construct equally-plausible scenarios for him being sacced as any role.

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 12:28 PM
At this point Aemoh being a Witch is near-impossible to me. The big deal is not that he was attacked twice, but because he was attacked on a sac night. It's plausible (but rather silly) for Orzel to be a Witch and the attack on Aemoh N1 to be preplanned, but surviving a sac night requires the Martyr, who the Witches have no control over.
No problem, I'm just saying, I knew at the time there was something I'd forgotten, and it was the night kills. I'm fine with Aemoh being cryptic now, although I don't like it since I'm apparently not terribly clever and keep missing these oblique references that makes everyone else know what role someone is.

Except Gray Mage is more or less the confirmed Survivalist, which leaves Duneyrr... The WW?

Ok, not sure if I got you confused, or your being deliberately difficult here. So I went back to confirm:
Duneyrr claimed Traveller in
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9608610#post9608610
on basis of this post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9548254&postcount=862

Gray Mage claimed Survivalist in post http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9631449#post9631449 and he thinks that Duneyrr is *possibly* the traveller based on the post http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9631921#post9631921

I amy have said the wrong title since I get the two roles mixed up, but on those posts I beleive both to be telling the truth. Both could be WW, or could be Enchantress for all we know, but I'd expect a counter-claim if that was true, so I'm taking them at their word unless otherwise proven.

Staying on metlink

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure metlink is okay, but again I don't want to say why. We have too many roles out as it is.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 12:35 PM
Ok, not sure if I got you confused, or your being deliberately difficult here. So I went back to confirm:
Duneyrr claimed Traveller in
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9608610#post9608610
on basis of this post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9548254&postcount=862

Gray Mage claimed Survivalist in post http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9631449#post9631449 and he thinks that Duneyrr is *possibly* the traveller based on the post http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9631921#post9631921

I amy have said the wrong title since I get the two roles mixed up, but on those posts I beleive both to be telling the truth. Both could be WW, or could be Enchantress for all we know, but I'd expect a counter-claim if that was true, so I'm taking them at their word unless otherwise proven.

You probably mixed up the roles then, because I did not have Duneyrr pegged as Survivalist at all. Gray Mage at this point pretty much must be the Survivalist, unless the GAs targeted him last night for whatever reason. No role survives a NK unaided aside from Traveler and Survivalist, so we can rule out Gray Mage being Coven (maybe WW lover, but that's not a very likely scenario).

Duneyrr's Traveler claim may not be real though, since as said on Day 1 a Traveler who claimed is a Traveler who won't be blocking many NKs. It's possible that Duneyrr is fake-claiming Traveler to dissuade Witch attention while the real one is keeping his mouth shut until he thinks Duneyrr is not Town.

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure metlink is okay, but again I don't want to say why. We have too many roles out as it is.

Fair enough, you're pretty much confirmed town, so I'll switch over to Horoar as the next most suspicious.

That puts him on L-3 I think (5+3 is 8 right?)

Sotek
2010-10-26, 01:06 PM

Well.

I just reviewed his posts. I have concluded he's probably ok, and I AM willing to say why!

To whit: In day one, he claimed he had town reads on several people. Recaiden was one of them (black mark), but among the others were several who have subsequently been proven town, including Internet Flea.

Overall, his play looks FAR more like low-activity town than low-activity witch.

Meanwhile, I stand by my claim the Duneyrr bandwagon is useless - we either are willing to IMMEDIATELY lynch him, or we shouldn't bother voting him, and I am not willing to immediately lynch him. I could go back to Horoar, but I'd rather dote up some other guys instead.

Right now I think the most productive guy to interrogate is bruntonspall.

Horoar|5|Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter, Arkaal, Tydude, bruntonspall
metlink|1+1|Gray Mage (Duneyrr at deadline)
Duneyrr|3|Mannikath, Horoar, metlink
bruntonspall|1|Sotek
[/table]

ps: At this point I think L-2 is the start of ominous warnings.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 01:19 PM
It seems I'm alone thinking metlink is scum, eh? But before I change my vote I have a little question for Ghanz:
You said more than once that you didn't believe I was the survivalist nor the WW, but a third role, right? What was that role?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 01:23 PM
It seems I'm alone thinking metlink is scum, eh? But before I change my vote I have a little question for Ghanz:
You said more than once that you didn't believe I was the survivalist nor the WW, but a third role, right? What was that role?

Actually, I thought you were the WW to be honest, now that the jig is up. I was saying that you were a third role to try to get the Witches to notice you.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 01:24 PM
Actually, I thought you were the WW to be honest, now that the jig is up. I was saying that you were a third role to try to get the Witches to notice you.

It seems to have worked then. I was kind of thinking you thought I was the JW.

Anyway, change from metlink to Horoar.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 01:26 PM
vote Horoar to make this day go faster. Let's get some info.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 01:26 PM
Alright It's L -3 and I don't want to get lynched while I'm away from computers all day. So I am the Judge. I dare anyone to Counter claim. I havn't gotten to sue my lynch yet :smallbiggrin:

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 01:27 PM
Horoar is at L-1, so to avoid an enchantress waiting to finish him off, I'll put my point at the deadline.

Mannikath
2010-10-26, 01:29 PM
Well that was easy.

vote Duneyrr

Naturally, any real Judge should definitely counter-claim, 100% for sure.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 01:31 PM
I'll withdraw my vote for now. Horoar is either the real Judge, or the WW/Warlock. I think at this point it's best if we vote no lynch while specifying someone we want pressured/lynched unofficially. If Horoar is the real Judge, we can still pressure today. If he is not, the real Judge will take care of him. Thoughts?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 01:33 PM
Well that was easy.

vote Duneyrr

Naturally, any real Judge should definitely counter-claim, 100% for sure.

Real Judge need not claim. We just don't lynch today during the Day and if Horoar is not the real Judge, the real Judge will make short work of him. We can specify someone we want lynched for Horoar to kill at Night to not miss a lynch as well. Having real Judge claim is just going to get him killed, assuming Horoar is not Judge.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 01:34 PM
Vote Duneyrr at deadline. We may as well do some pressuring before all these pseudo/unofficial-votes get underway and everything becomes a mess. We can confirm Horoar's Judge status at any time, really.

Horoar
2010-10-26, 01:37 PM
I'll withdraw my vote for now. Horoar is either the real Judge, or the WW/Warlock. I think at this point it's best if we vote no lynch while specifying someone we want pressured/lynched unofficially. If Horoar is the real Judge, we can still pressure today. If he is not, the real Judge will take care of him. Thoughts?

I endorse this message. Se y'all in bout 8-12 hours.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 01:38 PM
Real Judge need not claim. We just don't lynch today during the Day and if Horoar is not the real Judge, the real Judge will make short work of him. We can specify someone we want lynched for Horoar to kill at Night to not miss a lynch as well. Having real Judge claim is just going to get him killed, assuming Horoar is not Judge.

I agree that if Horoar isn't the judge he's dead on a judge-lynch, but if he is, then who do we judge-lynch? The only info we'd get from JL is if someone doesn't die, with should be followed by another lynch on the next day, so I think it'd be best if the real judge would come forth. If someone else appears, let the real judge kill the fake, who is probably scum. If not, I think we should just lynch regulary.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 01:43 PM
I agree that if Horoar isn't the judge he's dead on a judge-lynch, but if he is, then who do we judge-lynch? The only info we'd get from JL is if someone doesn't die, with should be followed by another lynch on the next day, so I think it'd be best if the real judge would come forth. If someone else appears, let the real judge kill the fake, who is probably scum. If not, I think we should just lynch regulary.

We are assuming that Aemoh survives the Night, though. Otherwise we receive the exact same information Judge-lynch or no (ie. whatever people say). Either way, I'm not against pressuring people right now, we can discuss what kind of lynch after we have a target, anyway.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 01:49 PM
We are assuming that Aemoh survives the Night, though. Otherwise we receive the exact same information Judge-lynch or no (ie. whatever people say). Either way, I'm not against pressuring people right now, we can discuss what kind of lynch after we have a target, anyway.

You're also not considering that we don't know Hitaro's role. For all we know he was the judge and after a no-lynch phase they'll sac Horoar and kill Aemoh and ED. Also, there are 15 guys alive, but only 10 should be targeted by the judge. Of these 10, only 2 will give us any info, while pressuring is sure to be better.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 01:49 PM
I stand by my stance that if you think Duneyrr is suspicious, you should pressure bruntonspall or someone else you deem likely to be coven with him.

We accomplish nothing by pressuring Duneyrr. He claimed Traveller. If he has a trueclaim hiding, we don't want him to do it! If he doesn't have a trueclaim hiding, then what does pressuring him say? He has said he has nothing more to say, I don't see him saying anything else useful.

I'm not automatically opposed to lynching him, but pressuring him doesn't get anything - it's either "just lynch" or "pressure someone else", and I really think we want to pressure someone else right now.

Horoar|4+1|Eternal Drifter, Arkaal, Tydude, bruntonspall (Gray Mage at deadline)
metlink|1+1|(Duneyrr at deadline)
Duneyrr|3+1|Horoar, metlink, Mannikath, (Ghanz Nmi at deadline)
bruntonspall|1|Sotek
[/table]

Duneyrr
2010-10-26, 01:57 PM
I'll withdraw my vote from metlink as well. Horoar as the Judge does seem to make sense at first glance, so I'm going for Wheat pressure.

I know this is echoing Sotek, but what do you expect me to do under pressure? Claim something else? I've said all I can. I stayed silent after Hitaro claimed because people told me to, but snuck in a counterclaim after debating with Mannikath as a contingency (I was surprised no one saw it at the time). I had planned on claiming Priest or Medium, but those were claimed quickly so I thought that Judge or DOB would be good to claim to be a target (I see now that a DOB claim would be flawed) so I hinted and people started thinking I was WW. After being convinced I wouldn't get night-killed since I was such a high profile lynch target, I true-claimed and hoped for the best.

That's it; no pressure needed.
I can't give much more than that unless you want me to go through and show all my reasoning for every post I've made.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:01 PM
If the judge is still alive, he should speak up, IMO. Otherwise let's keep with the town lynches. I'll swith to someone I've been suspiciuos since day 1, Istari, as it'd be nice if he talks, something he isn't doing a lot. But I may/will be convinced to lynch/pressure someone else if no one follows me or if the person already has a decent number of people pointing at him.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 02:07 PM
If the judge is still alive, he should speak up, IMO.

Nah, I think he should stay quiet and we SHOULD go no-lynch. I believe judge to still be alive, right now, so ...

... but we should figure out who Horoar goes after, if Horoar is in fact judge.

Horoar|4|Eternal Drifter, Arkaal, Tydude, bruntonspall
Duneyrr|3+1|Horoar, metlink, Mannikath, (Ghanz Nmi at deadline)
bruntonspall|1|Sotek
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
Istari|1|Gray Mage
[/table]

Wheat
2010-10-26, 02:10 PM
You can't imagine a traveller claiming traveller? Really?

Do you think Tydude is telling the truth about his role?

I am new to this game, but no I can't imagine a reason why the traveler would claim traveler unless he was going to be imminently lynched. Seems like the traveler's job should be to make the witches think they're a high profile role so they can have them waste a NK. But, as I say, I am new.

What is your opinion about Murska's voting patterns?

They seemed... normal enough? He's dead now, looks like he was probably the BOD.

If you can't imagine that, then what do you think was Hitaro's role?

If I can't imagine a traveler just coming out and saying he's traveler instead of trying to use his travelerness to benefit town, then what about Hitaro's role? I have... no idea?

What do you think of Istari?

They don't post enough.

What do you think of VA_beds?

Town...?

Also, I think we've just reached page 50, right?

I count 8.

Vote Duneyrr

Does everyone want me to claim? I would be willing to claim, but people seem kinda split as to whether we need any more known roles or whether I should go ahead and claim.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:17 PM
Nah, I think he should stay quiet and we SHOULD go no-lynch. I believe judge to still be alive, right now, so ...

... but we should figure out who Horoar goes after, if Horoar is in fact judge.

I think letting the judge handle things isn't our best move.
Assuming the judge is alive, there are 10 targets.
One of the targets (enchantress) could be good for town to be hammered, although we won't know about it. Could because the enchantress might be the spy, might not have picked lovers and might have been the one saced.
Two (WW and warlock) would be indiferent, except that it'd rule out the enchantress, but it's unlikely.
The other 7 would be either bad (if Aemoh isn't NKed) or indiferent (if Aemoh is NKed).
On the worst possible scenario, Hitaro was the judge and we lose a day without lynches.
So I don't see how JL would be good, unless the real one came by and said Horoar was a fake.

Does everyone want me to claim? I would be willing to claim, but people seem kinda split as to whether we need any more known roles or whether I should go ahead and claim.

Unless you're the judge/WW/witch, no, I don't. It'd be good if you talked more and told us your reads.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 02:18 PM
I think letting the judge handle things isn't our best move.
Assuming the judge is alive, there are 10 targets.
One of the targets (enchantress) could be good for town to be hammered, although we won't know about it. Could because the enchantress might be the spy, might not have picked lovers and might have been the one saced.
Two (WW and warlock) would be indiferent, except that it'd rule out the enchantress, but it's unlikely.
The other 7 would be either bad (if Aemoh isn't NKed) or indiferent (if Aemoh is NKed).
On the worst possible scenario, Hitaro was the judge and we lose a day without lynches.
So I don't see how JL would be good, unless the real one came by and said Horoar was a fake.

What both Sotek and I meant was that we (Town) would designate a lynch target for the Judge. If the Judge is indeed Horoar, he would go ahead and lynch that target. If the Judge is NOT Horoar, he can quietly kill Horoar without revealing himself to the WW.

Wheat
2010-10-26, 02:19 PM
As I am not one of those things, I will then attempt only to read and post more.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:24 PM
What both Sotek and I meant was that we (Town) would designate a lynch target for the Judge. If the Judge is indeed Horoar, he would go ahead and lynch that target. If the Judge is NOT Horoar, he can quietly kill Horoar without revealing himself to the WW.

I understand that. I just don't get why if Horoar is the judge it'd be better over a normal lynch, unless in a really lucky shot we take out the enchantress. The worst case possible, we lose a lynch and the witches sac Horoar to take out both ED and Aemoh. Also, his line about how he wouldn't be lynched while he's alive makes no sense for me. Unless he's in some crazy relationship with the Leeroy, is the WW/warlock/enchantress or was plain bravado or something.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 02:29 PM
I understand that. I just don't get why if Horoar is the judge it'd be better over a normal lynch, unless in a really lucky shot we take out the enchantress. The worst case possible, we lose a lynch and the witches sac Horoar to take out both ED and Aemoh. Also, his line about how he wouldn't be lynched while he's alive makes no sense for me. Unless he's in some crazy relationship with the Leeroy, is the WW/warlock/enchantress or was plain bravado or something.

It confirms to us that Horoar is the real Judge (if the target specified dies), confirms that he is not (ie. he gets lynched), or that the real Judge is dead (no lynch that Night).

If it is worst case scenario that the real Judge is dead, we will at least know this by the end of the Night, and a 2 for 1 sacrifice would still put Witches down to 3 at most, which puts them below half before us.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 02:37 PM
Wheat, you think Istari doesn't post enough, but VA_beds is town?

Hmmm, interesting.

Horoar|4|Eternal Drifter, Arkaal, Tydude, bruntonspall
Duneyrr|4+1|Horoar, metlink, Mannikath, Wheat (Ghanz Nmi at deadline)
bruntonspall|1|Sotek
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
Istari|1|Gray Mage
[/table]

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:37 PM
It confirms to us that Horoar is the real Judge (if the target specified dies), confirms that he is not (ie. he gets lynched), or that the real Judge is dead (no lynch that Night).

While the first would be good, it's useless until we fail to lynch someone. While the second can be confirmed if the real one comes foward and the third would be terrible for us.

If it is worst case scenario that the real Judge is dead, we will at least know this by the end of the Night, and a 2 for 1 sacrifice would still put Witches down to 3 at most, which puts them below half before us.

Remember that we would have lost the priest, who is our best shot for finding the WW.
I'll propose a compromise, if ED's scry revels us a bad guy, let the judge handle him. So that even if there would have been a no-lynch and a sac we'd still have a target on the next day. Sounds good?

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 02:43 PM
While the first would be good, it's useless until we fail to lynch someone. While the second can be confirmed if the real one comes foward and the third would be terrible for us.

Remember that we would have lost the priest, who is our best shot for finding the WW.
I'll propose a compromise, if ED's scry revels us a bad guy, let the judge handle him. So that even if there would have been a no-lynch and a sac we'd still have a target on the next day. Sounds good?

See, here's the thing: the first would still be a lynch. We do not lose anything except role, which we may still lose tonight anyway if Aemoh is targeted. Second let's the Judge stay quiet, and that's big, because right now a WW can almost just combo-eat the entire Town, the third is an unlikely situation.

What gain with Judge lynch over regular lynch: we know FOR SURE. Right now, if Judge is already dead, we would not know, but the Witches would (since there are several NKs with roles that are unknown to us, but possibly known if Necro is still alive), this gives confirmation so if we do find the Enchantress, we can be sure a no-lynch will get us a kill.

Judge occurs before Sac, if this game follows the Sirlin rulings, so there's no way for Horoar to escape a lynch unless he is the Warlock or WW if Judge is alive (and not him).

Sotek
2010-10-26, 02:43 PM
While the first would be good, it's useless until we fail to lynch someone. While the second can be confirmed if the real one comes foward and the third would be terrible for us.Well it'd be nice to know "yes he's town".

The thing about the second is that we don't want to reveal more roles than we have to.

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 02:46 PM
I agree with Sotek that pressuring Duneyrr isn't going to get us anything. I'm okay with lynching him, but I feel like we might be able to get something more out of the day first.

bruntonspall isn't my #1 (I'd rather see VA_beds actually contribute something to this thread), but we won't get anywhere with 1 vote on 4 different people.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:47 PM
Then who would select the lynchee? Both Sotek and Ghanz? Also, if it turns out that the judge was dead all along, Horoar and Sotek will be added to my to-lynch list.
For some reason, Ghanz is already there. :smallconfused: Don't remember why, though.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 02:50 PM
Then who would select the lynchee? Both Sotek and Ghanz? Also, if it turns out that the judge was dead all along, Horoar and Sotek will be added to my to-lynch list.
For some reason, Ghanz is already there. :smallconfused: Don't remember why, though.

No, no, no. What we are suggesting is we, Town, decide on a lynch target as usual, and then let the Judge kill him tonight instead of lynching him at deadline.

I'm also probably there because there was a while where you were very vocal in thinking I'm WW.

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 02:51 PM

Well, the idea is that we would meta-vote with our no-lynch votes to determine the target, like a normal lynch. That's fairly standard practice for dealing with a judge claim.

That said, I don't feel like we have the time to spend on confirming another meal for WW. I'd much rather just ignore his claim for the moment (unless we think he's WW), and focus on rooting out the real WW.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 02:53 PM
No, no, no. What we are suggesting is we, Town, decide on a lynch target as usual, and then let the Judge kill him tonight instead of lynching him at deadline.

I'm also probably there because there was a while where you were very vocal in thinking I'm WW.

No, my WW candidates aren't in the to-kill list. I think I may have thought you were the warlock before thinking you were the WW.
If you can point to an agreeable target and convince others as well, I'll go along then. Still think it'll come back to bite us back.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 02:53 PM

The selection would be done by the judge, technically, but we'd do our normal approach-towards-lynch, then instead of pushing through to hammer, convert over to nolynch votes.

Horoar|3|Eternal Drifter, Tydude, bruntonspall
Duneyrr|4+1|Horoar, metlink, Mannikath, Wheat (Ghanz Nmi at deadline)
bruntonspall|2|Sotek, Arkaal
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
Istari|1|Gray Mage
[/table]

Specifically, yeah, I want more info out of this day, although I admit to NOT wanting roleclaims anymore ...

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 03:02 PM
Specifically, yeah, I want more info out of this day, although I admit to NOT wanting roleclaims anymore ...

Yes, please don't claim. I want the people who are hiding to come out and give us useful information, reads, etc. Not roleclaims, and not stupid non-defenses. We have too many people doing nothing to help us out.

Aemoh
2010-10-26, 03:03 PM
That's a bit of a read. And I just went over the past thread to gather my thoughts.

And since I should by all means have died last night, here's what I'm thinking should the inevitable happen:

First things first: We should probably Judge lynch. If Horoar isn't real Judge, Judge'll take 'em out. If he is, he should hit someone we agree on to confirm him.

My reads:
Sotek, Ghanz, Gray Mage - Non-Coven. Could still be WW of course(though I find Gray Mage being WW the most unlikely thing ever)
Duneyrr - Probably Non-Coven.
Coven Reads: Arkaal & bruntonspall (Possible VA_Beds)

Everyone Else: *shrugs*

Most of the reads there shifted to what they are now after Recaiden's lynch. Duneyrr was the first one to switch to Recaiden, but he did that to prove a point and it's not unheard of to point at a fellow witch, but the rest of his activities don't seem all that witchy to me. Traveler claim is kinda out there, with Hitaro having claimed as such, but I can see a weak town role trying to draw a kill.

Arkaal has been mostly helpful-ish to town, but he still rubs me the wrong way *shrugs* bruntonspall hasn't really done that much, and his posts don't really help either. Likewise with VA_Beds.

As for why no WW reads? WW has no need to actively try and gather info with Sotek alive(:smalltongue:), so he can just sit back and blend in, doing his best to be town and catch Witches with the rest of us.

Also, I really wish people would stop claiming. Unless the WW is dead(which I suppose is possible), there are too many more or less confirmed town in the open.

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 03:12 PM
Damn, well there goes my list of suspects, I'm out. I'd go back to metlink but it seems clear that he's got support from several townies, so I'm kinda out of options. Going to go have a look down my list and decide who else might be guilty if I posit that Horoar and metlink are Townies.

I withdraw my vote for Horoar pending a counter claim.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 03:16 PM
It seems a fair amount of people wish to go judge-lynching, so I'll withdraw my point. Let's see if Horoar was talking the truth then.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 03:17 PM
Note that I do NOT suggest we stop pressuring! I just say that we should not lynch during the Day and let the Judge do the actual action of lynching. I'll vote bruntonspall at deadline.

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 03:20 PM
Note that I do NOT suggest we stop pressuring! I just say that we should not lynch during the Day and let the Judge do the actual action of lynching. I'll vote bruntonspall at deadline.

I was waiting to see who we're going to pressure, though I'd like to pressure Istari I can wait a day or two.
This leaves brunton with three votes, and with my vote for bruntonspall at deadline is four.

Sotek
2010-10-26, 03:34 PM
Allll righty then.

We are at ...

Horoar|2|Eternal Drifter, Tydude
Duneyrr|4|Horoar, metlink, Mannikath, Wheat
bruntonspall|2|Sotek, Arkaal (Ghanz Nmi, Gray Mage at deadline)
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
[/table]

... and I don't have anything to say except for that, hehe.

Ghanz Nmi
2010-10-26, 03:37 PM

What a wolfy giggle, Sotek. :smallannoyed:

Gray Mage
2010-10-26, 03:38 PM
bruntonspall|2|Sotek, Arkaal (Ghanz Nmi, Gray Mage at deadline)
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
[/table]

So, do my and Ghanz points count as 0? :smalltongue:

Sotek
2010-10-26, 03:40 PM
What a wolfy giggle, Sotek. :smallannoyed:

I am dubious.

bruntonspall|2+2|Sotek, Arkaal (Ghanz Nmi, Gray Mage at deadline)
Wheat|1|Duneyrr
[/table]

bruntonspall
2010-10-26, 03:40 PM
So what am I supposed to do now?

I can claim, prove my innocence and give the WW yet another confirmed townie, or I can get judge lynched.

Anything else I can do? Not that I can think of.

Really not sure whether to claim or not, it would seriously put the cat amongst the pidgeons since it would counter claim a townie, and give the WW someone else to chow down on (me).

Arkaal
2010-10-26, 03:48 PM
So what am I supposed to do now?

I can claim, prove my innocence and give the WW yet another confirmed townie, or I can get judge lynched.

Anything else I can do? Not that I can think of.

Really not sure whether to claim or not, it would seriously put the cat amongst the pidgeons since it would counter claim a townie, and give the WW someone else to chow down on (me).

You can give us a list of reads - that can be very useful. You can drop a hint that doesn't specify a single role, but limits the possibilities. Alternatively, you can come up a with a fakeclaim, or drop hints to a fakeclaim. Plenty of ways to help town without trueclaiming.