PDA

View Full Version : Do Genasi have elemental subtypes?

AustontheGreat1
2010-10-22, 10:46 PM
As the title Do Fire Genasi have the [Fire] subtype and do the others have the [Water], [Air], and [Earth] subtype?

herrhauptmann
2010-10-22, 11:14 PM
As teh standard/lesser versions of their races, no.
I believe there is a feat, perhaps in Races of Faerun which emphasizes their elemental heritage, and could give them that subtype.
Be warned, there's more than just the 4 Genasi, Tiefling, and Aasimar these days. There's also a lawful and chaotic version, and I'd swear one from mechanus (somehow)

Psyren
2010-10-22, 11:25 PM
No, for the same reason Aasimar aren't [Good] and Tieflings aren't [Evil].

arguskos
2010-10-22, 11:34 PM
As teh standard/lesser versions of their races, no.
I believe there is a feat, perhaps in Races of Faerun which emphasizes their elemental heritage, and could give them that subtype.
Be warned, there's more than just the 4 Genasi, Tiefling, and Aasimar these days. There's also a lawful and chaotic version, and I'd swear one from mechanus (somehow)
Ok, here is what I believe is the full (or pretty god damn close) Planetouched list:

-The Elemental Genasi (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
-The Para-Elemental Genasi (Smoke, Ooze, Ice, Magma)
-A few Quasi-Elemental Genasi exist (Dust, Steam, I think that's all of them)
-The Tiefling, the Aasimar, the Chaond (chaos), and the Zenthryi (law). There are also the Axani (law) and the Cansin (chaos).
-The Fey'ri (demon elves) and the Tanarruk (demon orcs).
-The Mechantrix (Mechanus), the Shyft (ethereal), the Wispling (demon halflings), and the Maeluth (devilish dwarves).
-The Azerblood (fire dwarves), the Celadrin (eladrin elves), the D'hin'ni (djinn halflings), and the Worghest (goblin barghests).

I am fairly sure that's all of them.

Marnath
2010-10-22, 11:39 PM
I've never heard of para and quasi elemental genasi, nor have I heard of Axani or cansin. Stats/book?

LOTRfan
2010-10-22, 11:43 PM
The Para-Genasi, Axani, and Cansin appeared in Dragon #297.

RelentlessImp
2010-10-23, 12:18 AM
Ok, here is what I believe is the full (or pretty god damn close) Planetouched list:

-The Elemental Genasi (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
-The Para-Elemental Genasi (Smoke, Ooze, Ice, Magma)
-A few Quasi-Elemental Genasi exist (Dust, Steam, I think that's all of them)
-The Tiefling, the Aasimar, the Chaond (chaos), and the Zenthryi (law). There are also the Axani (law) and the Cansin (chaos).
-The Fey'ri (demon elves) and the Tanarruk (demon orcs).
-The Mechantrix (Mechanus), the Shyft (ethereal), the Wispling (demon halflings), and the Maeluth (devilish dwarves).
-The Azerblood (fire dwarves), the Celadrin (eladrin elves), the D'hin'ni (djinn halflings), and the Worghest (goblin barghests).

I am fairly sure that's all of them.

You missed the Janni (human/Djinn crossbreeds), from one of the Dragon magazines.
I misplaced the name so disregard. Also: this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6992.0). Full list of the planetouched with sources.

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-23, 12:45 AM
I just looked this up 15 minutes ago 'cause I was looking for the rulings on half-fiend/celestial gaining the [evil]/[good] subtype. Nether those nor Fiendish/Celestial template do so either, which doesn't make much sense on the Fiendish/Celestial templates, 'cause they're basically "the planar version" of the base creature.