PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Pricing Query #47,382

Amphetryon
2010-10-24, 01:13 PM
Skeleton Saddle
This finely made white leather saddle summons forth a Large Warhorse with the Skeleton template once per day. The Skeleton Warhorse has +4 Turn Resistance and serves the owner of the saddle to the best of its ability for four hours or until destroyed. It can be ridden in combat as easily as a Large Warhorse, and has all a Skeleton's normal immunities, resistances, and vulnerabilities.

holywhippet
2010-10-24, 04:15 PM
Basically you are talking about a once per day item that casts about a level 3-4 spell (ie. somewhere between phantom steed and summon monster - although the latter generally doesn't summon undead). I'd estimate around 10,000-12,000 given the crafting rules.

true_shinken
2010-10-24, 04:17 PM
What exactly does 'not as easily as a warhorse' mean? That might drop the price considerably.

The Glyphstone
2010-10-24, 04:42 PM
What exactly does 'not as easily as a warhorse' mean? That might drop the price considerably.

I think you misread it. I don't see the "not" that you do anywhere.

holywhippet
2010-10-24, 04:42 PM
He said as easily as, so I assume it's as simple as riding a normal warhorse but it's just skeletal.

Amphetryon
2010-10-24, 10:10 PM
He said as easily as, so I assume it's as simple as riding a normal warhorse but it's just skeletal.

This. There's a rules difference between a Large Horse and a Large Warhorse regarding how well the do in actual combat situations. A Warhorse is much more useful for mounted combat, for instance, as it's less likely to spook, shy, or otherwise become more difficult to manage around bloodshed.

PretzelKing
2010-10-24, 10:29 PM
does that mean you get to lug around a saddle all the time?