PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite ways of abusing [3.5] D&D in order to take over the world?

Black_Zawisza
2010-10-24, 02:47 PM
What the title said. Anything from ways of gaining followers, to acquiring wealth, or anything else you can think of.

MrRigger
2010-10-24, 03:18 PM
Craft Decanter of Endless Water. Go to the desert. Profit.

MrRigger

Ravens_cry
2010-10-24, 04:10 PM
Threatening to Anti-Osmium the planet unless my demands are met.
This doesn't help you take over the world per say, but I loved working on designing a self sustaining environment for the purposes of indefinitely transporting a halflling inside a bag of holding. Yes, a bottle of air and a ring of sustenance would be infinitely simpler, so what. This was much more fun.

Callista
2010-10-24, 04:13 PM
Be a wizard.

Marnath
2010-10-24, 04:15 PM
"pazuzu, pazuzu, pazuzu."

Myth
2010-10-24, 04:18 PM
Being a gestalt Truenamer/Samurai. People would pay money to see me.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-24, 04:23 PM
"pazuzu, pazuzu, pazuzu."
Man thats soo old and easy. :smallyuk:

I would actually start a wigh-apocalypse in a city, save it single handedly (go deathward go)become a celebrity and start gaining power from behind th scenes...(mindrape is such a handy spell :smallamused:)
From there on expand influences to other cities, never really taking the control outright, but just manipulating the "real" governors.

If all fails start a world wide wight and shadow apocalypse loot the remnants and then planeshift to sigil and live a nice life.

Psyren
2010-10-24, 04:53 PM
Why rule the world yourself when you can just mindrape some wealthy and powerful schlub(s) to do it for you?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-24, 05:00 PM
I am wizard of at least 17 level... that means my inteligence has far supassed the intelligence of lesser beings. I would not let a gibbering monkey the control of the world, even if he does it in my stead. He will be mindraped to serve me, he will do as I say point, he will only be a figure head.

Logalmier
2010-10-24, 05:53 PM
Tippyverse!

WeeFreeMen
2010-10-24, 06:15 PM
My personal favorite would have to be "The Bluffing Bard" with some Mindbender.

RP as a diplomat who gives subtle "Suggestions" to leading world figures and control the world from behind the scene, never the target of assassinations too. ^^;

Only downside is having to attend all those lobbyist meetings :\

dsmiles
2010-10-24, 06:25 PM
Start a mining empire with the kobolds in the sunless citadel, and buy the world.

Not that that worked for me, or anything. :smallwink:

Amiel
2010-10-25, 12:30 AM
There's always Pun-Pun; apparently kobolds are the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Morithias
2010-10-25, 12:34 AM
I always preferred the whole "Consent with the group to play an evil campaign where that is the end goal after 30-50 levels" thing myself, but hey that's us.

Actually in this campaign, we're going to be transferring settings through the campaign. I've started off in Dnd, and once we research through most of the Civ 4 tech tree, we enter shadowrun's setting (seriously by then let's face it with evil people in charge that's what it is) then we start on the GC2 tech tree, and enter spelljammer.

I mean who needs the world when you have the THE UNIVERSE!!! BHAW HAW HAW HAW.

By the way, sorry for the mind flayers, we sent those back in time to your worlds to prep for our arrival. Our universe is kinda running out of resources.

RelentlessImp
2010-10-25, 12:36 AM
Wish Factory and Fabrication.
Solar Factory and forcibly.
Following this (http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html) list.

Seffbasilisk
2010-10-25, 02:02 AM
My favorite to date, actually started as a way to rattle us off the tracks.

We'd been cursed by an object we killed some imps to retrieve, basic blah-blah-blah, follow quest or your characters die.

Instead, we went to the Theocracy, and my paladin, with some circumstance modifiers from the party, rolled a nat 20, untrained diplomacy check, coupled with a little speech I gave in life...

and instead of us walking in, fighting for every inch...

We started a crusade.