PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Ramza1987
2010-10-24, 05:34 PM
I was thinking, a few things, and i came with this idea: cleric X/Prestige Paladin 2/Prestige Ranger 2; using sword of the arcane order, to cast arcane spells.

There i tecnically have paladin mount, animal companion, i can get "obtain familiar", and make a uber mount, is this posible???

Tvtyrant
2010-10-24, 05:57 PM
I think your only allowed one of those. Can't be totally certain, but I remember there being a rule that you can have an animal camp, a mount, or a familiar, but not more then 1. Of course having a Dire Ape Camp riding a heavy horse mount with a eagle on its shoulder would be cool.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-24, 09:58 PM
Yep, it's possible. And you can add in Battle Blessing, which lets you cast all paladin spells as swift actions, to auto-quicken everything. Good luck finding a DM who'll allow it, though.

I don't see how having a familiar would benefit you much, but Obtain Familiar is there if you think it will. And note that normally your animal companion, mount, etc. have to be different animals; there are ways to stack them (such as the Devoted Tracker feat), but you can't by default.

herrhauptmann
2010-10-24, 10:15 PM
Yep, it's possible. And you can add in Battle Blessing, which lets you cast all paladin spells as swift actions, to auto-quicken everything. Good luck finding a DM who'll allow it, though.

I don't see how having a familiar would benefit you much, but Obtain Familiar is there if you think it will. And note that normally your animal companion, mount, etc. have to be different animals; there are ways to stack them (such as the Devoted Tracker feat), but you can't by default.

Perhaps some form of Improved Familiar? Get the right option, and you could look decently awesome.
Mounted knight, with his loyal hound that tracks down the unrighteous that he may bring them to justice.
(Isn't there a prestige ranger too? Similar idea, but more medieval looking: Rich nobleman hunting boar with his trusty hound.)

dgnslyr
2010-10-24, 11:55 PM
The key to an ubermount build revolves around stacking animal companion/familiar/special mount levels. There are a few feats for this, I think, and Halfling Outrider does this as well.

Ramza1987
2010-10-25, 01:38 AM
Sorry my bad, my idea was in fact stacking familiar/mount/companion into one thing, by using that idea, maybe throwing Ur-Priest, instead of cleric and re-fluffing prestige paladin to prestige paladin of tyranny :smalltongue:

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.

gorfnab
2010-10-25, 02:00 AM
I was thinking, a few things, and i came with this idea: cleric X/Prestige Paladin 2/Prestige Ranger 2; using sword of the arcane order, to cast arcane spells.

There i tecnically have paladin mount, animal companion, i can get "obtain familiar", and make a uber mount, is this posible???
Sword of the Arcane Order requires either Paladin 4th level or Ranger 4th level, not a combination of the two classes equaling 4 levels.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-10-25, 02:26 AM
Sword of the Arcane Order requires either Paladin 4th level or Ranger 4th level, not a combination of the two classes equaling 4 levels.

maybe he meant he would levelup and get it when he could

gorfnab
2010-10-25, 02:45 AM
Edit: Nevermind

Ramza1987
2010-10-25, 10:50 AM

I forgot that part, my mistake; well then, how can it be done? Any ideas?